Anyone going to the MI Womyn's Festival? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Melissa Ferrick will be at the Festival and is pre-releasing her new record "Still Right Here". joy.gif I would really love a copy and will not be able to go. greensad.gif I would be more than happy to work something out if someone could pick me up a copy. PM me if this is a possibility. Thanks

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Sadly, no, since I'm due Aug. 3rd.  We went a few years ago, and our DD (now 9) had a BLAST running around at the girls' camp shirtless.  We'll probably start trying to go each year starting next year.  Melissa Ferrick was there the year we went, too, and she was awesome (and hot!).  I figure since our entirely family will be girls/women, we might as well enjoy the festival, right? (That said, I'm aware of the identity politics controversy there and am glad that there has been some progress on the trans inclusion front).  Does anyone else go regularly?

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:11 PM

We don't go regularly but enjoyed our first year a couple of years ago. I'd like to go back soon... maybe next year. I honestly didn't notice how well it worked for folks with infants when we attended. The lack of trans inclusion was painful, but in all other ways the space was amazing for both of us. We'll make the haul from California again at some point.

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.

User Tag List