Queer Conceptions--August 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2011, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Aww, shucks. Thanks, everyone! love.gif

Sara—you’re totally on—I’ve even already got my eye on some rainbow leggings!

SwtRainbowBrite—welcome back! Where are you in your cycle? Also, when is your wedding date? My anniversary is Feb 27th, and we’ve been really happy with it so far—it’s the perfect time to have a good excuse to go on vacation someplace sunny and warm!

Jenn—I would love to do a get-together, but I think we’re going to miss each other in terms of dates—I’m headed out to Oregon for all of next week, and then my MIL is in town for the weekend, and then it’s too late. Hopefully DP and I can get it together to do the great American road trip someday soon and stop by in Colorado!

Yeledov—those sound like good signs! FX for you!

Handerson—good luck! I thought gearing up for our first try was really exciting—here’s hoping it’s the only one you’ll need!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selsevin View Post

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! Things are moving right along with this cycle. We go back tomorrow for u/s and bloodwork and IUI should happen by the weekend we're excited.... then we can begin our monthly obsession and over-analysis of every twinge....woohoo...game on! Also thanks for the suggestions I checked out Xytex and there are two AA donors available...slim pickins but pickins nonetheless! So far, we've done only single IUIs in the doctor's office so we literally are giving it one shot per month (pun intended:) ) Does anyone here do back to back IUIs or also do an ICI at home w frozen swimmers for better "coverage" of O? We are toying with the idea. We've also talked about the possibility of finding a midwife to do the IUI at home. Is this possible? I don't know if midwives perform these....Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sel: We've had lots of discussions about back-to-back IUIs and the potential for increasing pregnancy odds. Unfortunately, not a lot of research has proven that this is effective so most REs still don't recommend them. I have a personal opinion that the more often sperm is introduced into the situation, the better chance you will have because it is all about that dang timing. But that's easier said than done for some, especially us lesbos. And if you're not using a complimentary donor, it can be a lot of money. You can do an IUI at home. There are a couple of advantages to this. One, you're more relaxed in your own environment and some women thinks this helps to improve their chances of success. Secondly, you can do it during hours outside of a fertility clinic which again, helps you to get the timing down. I think the worst case scenario is using frozen swimmers and being at the mercy of a fertility clinic with limited hours and/or limited appointments. Google midwives in your area and you should be able to find one. Your DP can also be taught to give an IUI although some people don't recommend it.

Gelly: I'm very interested in your polyps removal. I had a hysteroscopy recently to look at my arcuate uterus. They noticed a lot of polyps which didn't seem to be a concern, especially since if I have the arcuate uterus surgery, they will clean all that junk out. But I'm wondering if just that alone is worth getting cleaned out (even if I didn't do the arcuate uterus surgery). I can't get a good understanding how important removing the polyps are. I'm assuming they did it to you just to "clean" you out for the impending IVF and I think that would be the same recommendation for me as it relates to IVF but if we were to try natural again, do you think I'd do best ot have those polyps removed? I appreciate your opinion.

Hello to the rest of the crew! In answer to the triathlon questions, I've done them and half marathons before throughout my TTC journey. I mostly do them to help me stay in shape and lose weight. I had lost 50 pounds when I first started TTC but it wasn't until I dropped another 20, that I started getting pregnant. It was bringing my BMI down towards 30. I don't know if it made a difference but I continued to lose weight to make sure if it did, I was staying slimmer. The tri is a one mile swim, 19 mile bike and 4 mile run. In my crazy mind -- fun!!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM

Isa!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
I'm so happy for you! orngbiggrin.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Krista- the triathlon sounds great... how much training do you do to prepare?  I would love to try a tri but I'm a lousy swimmer.  What is your opinion about exercise in general during TTC?   I would like to lose some more of the baby weight from my last pregnancy, but since we are TTC again I worry about overdoing it in the physical activity department (I'm a go hard or go home kind of athlete so taking it easy is difficult).  I walk the dog and bike ride daily but have stopped weight training and running since we started TTC again.

Henderson - 1st try how exciting! - I totally expected it to work the very first time and was genuinely surprised when it didn't - looking back our timing was poor and we drove around town with the sperm, even stopping to buy a bottle of wine to enhance the "baby making experience" wild.gif As you can see we were clueless and I took a bit of practice and advise to get it right.  Hope your first try goes well. Btw  do you have a written contract with your KD?  

Yeledov- your symptoms sound promising.... when are you going to test? keep us posted

jennp85- good luck with your insems... any chance you can invite the KD to visit you in Denver ?

SwtRaibowbrite- welcome back!

Hello to everyone I missed... going back more then a page causes me to "lose" the reply I'm writing.  I will have to be better about checking the board and replying before many pages accumulate.  It got so busy here all of the sudden!

Afm - 7DPO and progesterone test came back at 73.8 - the nurse said that's fine.  I have a follow up appointment next Wednesday and hCG test if AF has not arrived by then praying.gif

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM

Congrats to isa!

Condolences to carmen.  I'm so sorry.  

I'm just popping in to say we were supposed to do a transfer this Friday, but I went in on Monday for an u/s and the RE said my lining was TOO thick - 22 mm (or whatever the measurement is).  He just kind of had a gut feeling this wasn't the right month for me.  So he put me on two days of prog shots and we start back up once my period starts (which should happen around Monday of next week).  Our first baby's due date was August 29, and I was desperate to be pregnant before that, but oddly, when he told me we had to wait, all I felt was relief. Last week was so emotional for me - I saw a widget on my computer that I hadn't looked at in along time and it said I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  I lost it, just thinking how close we were supposed to be.  And I cried almost every day on our vacation last week.  But once he said we have to wait a few weeks, I somehow felt better. It is SO STRESSFUL, this TTC thing, and the stress just increases so much during the TWW.  I'm glad to have a few more weeks off.  At this point, we might be having a beta on the baby's due date... maybe that's good luck?  I also have a birthday coming up in September... I'm really hoping the stars align for us somehow. 

I'll be very sporadic here this month - it's good for me to not stress/obsess.  I wish everyone luck.

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM

ISA!!

I'm so happy for you!  Finally!  I know you've been here for so long and now there's a baby in sight.  Are we crossing our fingers for 1 or 2?

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gif

banana.gif

carrot.gif

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 08-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Thought I'd dip my toe back in here now that we're officially TTC#2. It's been a long road to get to this point - we actually had one attempt this time, a year ago and though I was really upset when it didn't work, I have been so thankful ever since. I needed more time.

Our DS is now 2 yrs, 7mths and I finally feel like I can contemplate parenting another and staying sane.

So, we have done 2 insems in the last 3 days and today is 1DPO.

FYI - We have a known donor who is wonderful and are doing at home insems with fresh sperm.

I look forward to walking this path with you all.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:23 PM

Krista~ My Re wanted to start with a clean slate...he didn't want to start IVF knowing that the polyps were there. He didn't seem to think that they would keep me from getting pregnant, but they could cause a M/C. He just didn't want us to have any regrets. I'm glad that we did it...now I can go into this first IVF cycle with out worrying about them. This should give me a good chance at a getting am embryo to stick...and hopefully reduce my chances of M/C.

The surgery recovery time was about a day. I had the surgery on a Friday and took Saturday and Sunday easy...but I was up and about on Sunday, and I put myself on bed rest for Saturday. He went in through the vigina, through the cervix, into the uterus. I had some bleeding for 4 days or so, then nothing. I'm now ready for AF!

Hope everything works out for you...hugs  hug2.gif!

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Woah!  Giant Dancing Veggies!!!  Hahahaha, that is hilarious.  I'm so excited for everyone who is TTC or TWW right now!

I couldn't imagine not exercising right now.  It calms my mind and gives me greater body awareness.  I ride my bike for transportation and do Bikram Yoga.  I plan to go tomorrow morning and then I will make myself not go until I am done inseming.  (There's a lot of controversy over whether hot yoga is safe during pregnancy, but I don't want to start that discussion here.  If you're in the opposing camp, feel free to PM me and we'll have a friendly debate!)

I've pushed back moving until the 20th for.  A perk is that I might know if I'm pregnant before I get on the plane!  I might be able to ship my KD to me ;-)  It would be about the same as or cheaper than having cold or frozen sperm shipped.  Downside is he'd have to arrange his schedule around mine and I don't know if he'd be into that.  I'm sure we'll talk about all the options if this doesn't work.  I messaged him asking if he'll be around and available tomorrow night when I get home late.  HIs reply was "I'll be up. And up. Hehe. Mature answer: yes."  I'm so glad someone is providing the comic relief for me while I over analyze and micromanage this process!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 PM

Isa!  Wonderful news!  Bring on the parading veggies (and banana, mustn't forget the banana!! SO EXCITING!  Blessings and sticky prayers for you!  Stick to the pole, little one!  dust.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:39 PM

Lise, the stone in our "Dreamer"s belly isn't actually a stone, it's just a small ceramic ball-like thing I made.  Then I glazed it that gorgeous emerald color.  I love it.  I should make one of those my profile pic!  Good luck with your insems, have you started yet or still waiting? 

MrsPP, always good to keep things moving along.  Great to hear about a good doc appointment.  

RainbowBrite!  It's awesome to see you back here.  You sound very ready to start trying again, and you have a great plan.  I was just wondering about you a few days ago, and now here you are!  Best of luck to you and DP, I know it's been a hard road but you guys obviously have something (someone!) incredible waiting at the end for you.  

Yeledov your symptoms sound good, but I get not wanting to let your hopes fly too terribly high.  If you want, I'd be happy to have super high hopes on your behalf ;)  

MMM, welcome back!  You sound like you are truly ready to add to your family.  Looking forward to learning more about your family.  We are TWW buddies!  There are quite a few of us in the TWW or just about to come out of it, actually.  We are at the tail end of 3 DPO, so not far ahead of you.  

MidwifeSteph, your story about the fertility icons all having fallen face down made me laugh pretty hard.  Of course it would not be good for them all to be looking at the ground, lmao.  Turn those babies face up!  You'll get knocked up in no time now, I bet you.  

NosReves- how is everything with you?  You guys are in my thoughts, especially since I caused a ruckus last night with DW for no apparent reason.  Who knows why I am such an idiot.  We aren't even on any medications, haha.  

Isa, we are still very excited for you!  Do you have an EDD?  Did I miss that? 

By the way, in case you are reading this Seraf, your giant scary dancing vegetables and fruit are hilarious and frightening as always.  

AFU, like I said before, we are finishing up 3 DPO.  Today's TWW Countdown item is: 2 Reasons Why You Want to Have a Boy.  (Harder question than I might've thought, initially.)  

Night everyone. 

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Welcome back, MMM :) Are you using the same donor?

jennp: Sounds like you have a great KD :) I hope your timing works out!

Desert: 3DPO is a good place to be, I think. Far enough to be sure of O but not getting too close to testing. I'm usually calm at 3DPO winky.gif Is "2 Reasons Why You Want to Have a Boy" a question for us? If yes, I honestly don't mind this time if we have a boy or a girl. It would be fun to have the experience of raising one of each (reason #1 I guess) but I also really love having a daughter and would be super excited to have another one :) For a boy (and a girl), I like the idea of raising a compassionate, sensitive, feminist male in today's world (reason #2 I guess).

Afm: CD10 today. We're heading out of town tomorrow until Sunday night. If I happen to O early this cycle I hope it happens next Wednesday so we can fit in an insem or 2 on Monday or Tuesday. Not banking on that happening though.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 08-04-2011, 08:03 AM

JPenn85: Ha! Your donor sounds a bit like our current KD. We make jokes like that constantly though ours tend to wander off into geek land. Humor is required in this process and it is very

helpful with a KD. I actually made it one of my top requierments in my donor search!

DesertSunset: Aww, thanks. After all this time, my partner and I are just too cautious to be terribly hopeful but I'm finding myself thinking more positively this time.

NosReves: I'm sorry about the fight with your DW. I swear nothing puts a strain on a relationship like TTC. Even without the extra hormonal boost of Clomid it is a rough road. My partner and I almost never fought for the first 7 years of our relationship but as soon as TTC started our emotions and our stress caused more than a few. This is such an emotional journey and something you have so little control over no wonder we all go a little crazy.

Still no PMS symptoms. I'm daring to hope just a tad. 

The cast of characters: Me(36) happy housequeer, Monkey: my primary partner/hopeful pop-to-be, Author: our secondary partner. TTC since Oct 06. Diagnosed w/ unexplained infertility. On a break to consider final options.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Hi ad astra- Yeah we have a written up contract with all of our signatures.

This is our 1st try and im excited and nervous. Trying not to get tooo excited because there is a big chance it wont catch 1st try but we shall see. We will start OPKs a few days after her monthly ends and go from there.. Our guy said he will be ready for us when we need him so Fingers Crossed.. Its hard to not be excited. I know it will happen when its meant to be.. :)

Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM

Just a quickie to answer Carmen - our TWW Countdown Conversations or Questions (whichever...) are things that DW and I discuss each evening, just some time to ourselves to look forward to at the end of every day.  But I would also love anyone here to answer those questions as well!  We also hope to raise one child of each gender and I told DW last night I looked forward to getting to shape how at least one man is raised from birth, so we have the same reasons!  Haha.  

Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 AM

handerson003- Sounds like the same boat I'm in.  I really want it to work!  But I know there are a lot of factors that I can't predict.  I'm doing my best to prepare myself for a BFN while keeping my fingers crossed I'll get lucky.  I'll hope for you guys, too!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Krista---thanks for the sound advice...I, like you, think the more sperm the better, but I have no background in fertility. I also googled midwives at your suggestion and found several. There is actually one that is literally 200 yrds away from us down the street. Crazy, right???  Thanks for your input and suggestions. If this cycle doesnt work, we're going to call around to a few

of them and see if this is a new avenue we will pursue.

So with all my IUIs we have been doing them roughly 36hrs after the trigger all resulting in BFNs. Today I have a good amount of EWCM (sorry if TMI), both sharp and dull aching pains on my lower right side, and tender nipples. I wondered if I've ovulated or am ovulating because these are all classics symptoms right? Anyway, yesterday based on that morning's bloodwork, my RE said it looked like I was beginning to surge so they made take Galarenix to slow/stop it, but Is it possible that I could've ovulated anyway? I called my RE today and she said based on my bloodwork from this morning she'd thought I'd be fine for an IUI on Sunday. However, because I was exhibiting symptoms, to go head and take the Ovidrel asap and to come in tomorrow (approximately) 24hrs later for an IUI. So followed the drs orders and I took the Ovidrel and now the pain has intensifed in my ovary ( I only have one) but its only been about 40 mins!!!!!! My question is have I messed up my chances? I was told you don't ovulate until 36 to 40 hrs after the trigger....we have laid out so much $$$ and emotional stress all to have it messed up at the end....argh!!!! I am confused and dont know what to think....help!  

Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Seraf—it wasn’t really real for me until the mondo-veggies showed up to dance!

Krista—you make me tired just thinking about it! My step-mom did a 150-mile bike race a couple weekends ago that just blew my little mind. Sometimes I wish I didn’t come from such a bookish family…

Ad Astra—glad the test went well! I usually write my responses in a word document (I just toggle back and forth between the board and my answers) to avoid that problem.

5grand—I’m sorry you have to wait, but I think that taking the pressure off sounds like a real blessing. Hopefully that day will dawn with a strong beta!

MujerMamaMismo—welcome back! FX for you!

Gelly—glad it wasn’t too bad—it sounded more scary until I read your explanation. So excited for you this month!!

Jenn—funny! Glad he’s working out for you (as it were..)

Starling—the banana is important. Potassium, and all that.

Desert—how do you come up with your questions? And does the same one about girls get asked on a different night? I thought I wanted a girl (and I still, sometimes, lean that way a little), but DP’s cousin has two of the most gorgeous, sweet-natured, wonderful little boys that it’s hard to imagine a downside (until they hit 13, that is).

Carmen—are you going anyplace exciting?

Yeledov—FX!!

Selsevin—so far, I don’t think anything on this board has ever managed to cross the line into TMI. It’s what makes meeting people in person so easy! Once you’ve chatted about your CM, pretty much anything else is less awkward… I wish I had some good, reassuring advice for you, but I honestly have no clue. Hopefully others know more than me!

AFM—second beta today looked good—and like there’s probably only one in there, which is good (twins sound like fun in a theoretical sense, and we’d be thrilled, but honestly, I was in this for one healthy baby at a time, so that’s what we’re still pulling for). More bloodwork on Monday morning, and the ultrasound sometime next week to see if things are looking good. Desert, my EDD appears to be April 15. I think it’s a librarian thing (since Library Lady was also due that day with little Alice). That’s smack-dab between DP’s birthday (April 12) and my dad’s (April 17), so there are already celebrations that week that I’m sure they’d love to share with another family member. Still feels really early and uncertain, though.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Gotcha, Desert. Sorry to intrude on your game winky.gif But thanks for letting me play!

selsevin: I'm sorry but I don't have any advice or words of wisdom for you (we do at home with fresh). I bet some others on here have lots of experience to share!

isa: Yay for good betas!! It will feel real soon enough....so exciting smile.gif We're off to Kelowna to visit DP's brother and sister in law then off to Tofino next week for camping for 4 days. Both will be fun trips but camping in Tofino will be amazing...it's a really lovely spot on the far west coast of Vancouver Island.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Ok I have a question that people differ over.

When we inseminate.. should she have an orgasm before or after or before and after insemination??? What do you all think is best?

Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Jenny:  Yay!  It's fun to see someone else from MA on here.  Thanks for the 'good luck' wishes.  I hope everything is going well for you! 

Isa:  CONGRATULATIONS!  You must be over the moon.  A million smiles to you!  (But that would take too long to type... so I'll just leave a small sampling.)  joy.gif   smile.gif   happytears.gif   bouncy.gif

We ended up going in for the IUI yesterday-- about 34 hours after the positive OPK.  My temperature was still low yesterday morning (but up today), so I'm hoping that we timed it really well.  I just have to hope that I ovulated before 8 p.m. last night.  innocent.gif 

Old 08-04-2011, 04:47 PM

5Gbaby- glad to hear you are ok with the delay.  Enjoy your time off, relax, indulge and try you best to stay away from the “where we are supposed to be right now” game.  Hopefully soon we will have a new set of dates to focus on.

MujerMamaMismo- welcome back and good luck adding to your family

Jennp85- your KD sounds great.  Our usually reply with “my pleasure” or “there is more where that came from” when we thank him for his “donation”.  Got to have some comic relief. On the other hand if sense of humor is genetic we might both be in trouble!

DesertSunsets- I love the countdown question idea.  Does you DP have all 14+/- ready?  If you end up getting lucky this month will she continue the countdown until the baby? That would require some serious creativity. 

Carmen – hope your cycle cooperates with your schedule for good timing.  I love Tofino – totally worth the crazy drive across the island.  I spent some time in Ucluelet as well and really enjoyed it- less tourists. You are so lucky to live so close to such beautiful places. 

Yeledov-  f/x for no PMS symptoms and no M for many months to come

Selsevin – sorry I don’t have any experience with medicated cycles. Unfortunately being in the doctors hands is just as stressful as figuring out the timing yourself.  Will you have another u/s blood work after your IUI to confirm ovulation?  That might reassure you or give you more info for next time. 

Prettyisa- congrats on the good beta.  Would it be higher if you were carrying twins?  How many embryos did you transfer?  Keep us posted on your next test and u/s.  Btw I’m happily typing away in word – thanks for the tip.

Henderson- I think after is the most recommended.  But before and after and daily for good measure sounds good too doesn't it?

NamW- yeah for great timing… hope the next two weeks go by fast for you! 

afm - 8DPO and no symptoms whatsoever.... off do distract myself with some much needed yard work treehugger.gif

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handerson003 View Post

Ok I have a question that people differ over.

When we inseminate.. should she have an orgasm before or after or before and after insemination??? What do you all think is best?

I always do after.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 PM

I could jump on the bed right now! wool.gif I am awaiting my first insem (last rounds in March/February I did it differently, but we don't need to talk about that...) and I am hyped beyond belief.  I checked my cervix this morning and also just after yoga.  It is the lowest and most open that I have ever felt it!  I felt elated immediately.  One more sign that this is the right time to start.  I changed up my schedule today in order to reduce stress and made sure to get lots of hugs and kisses from the kids at work.  I'm trying to eat a late dinner but I just want to rush past the next couple hours until it's closer to when I usually go to bed.  Maybe by then I won't be wanting to bounce off the walls.energy.gifI wish my KD and I had walkie talkies, it would be so much funnier than texting him!

Handerson: Everything I read said to do it after.  The theory is that the cervix dips into the pool of sperm and the contraction of the uterus helps draw the sperm in.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Ok so inseminate then make her orgasm and lay there for like 30 min?

I just thought if you make her orgasm 1st then inseminate her cervix would be open so the sperm would go in...??? then after for her to open up again to make sure it gets in there... but then again you dont want her to get tooo wet right??? So it doesnt leak out??? Sorry if TMI. just want to do this right hehe

Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 AM

ISA! Just realized I've congratulated you in every venue except this one!!! Sorry about that - 

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

thumb.gif  biggrinbounce.gif  thumb.gifbiggrinbounce.gif  thumb.gif  biggrinbounce.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

wool.gifbellyhair.gifmakebabe.gifchicken3.gifhyena.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

flowersforyou.gifenergy.gifluxlove.gifflowersforyou.gifenergy.gifluxlove.gifflowersforyou.gifenergy.gifluxlove.gif

champagne.gif XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM

handson- The cervix is naturally open at this time in the cycle.  I haven't read anywhere that orgasming makes it open more.  It's not like a muscle that can contract.  I managed to lay there for 2 and a half hours before I had to get up and pee.  I would have liked to have fallen asleep there but I had to pee so bad.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Isa--Please move me to TWW.

At home IUIs went well yesterday and today...actually successful in making it into the cervix this time without chickening out!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM

So, Yeledov and Ad Astra, how are you faring near the end of your TWWs? Any news? Don't worry, I've been letting my hopes soar sky high for you both smile.gif

Carmen, your trip sounds amazing. You are going to have such a great time, and who knows? Maybe the timing will also be right for an insemination.

Isa, as a matter of fact, yesterday's TWW Countdown question was 2 Reasons Why You Want a Girl! DW came up with the questions, not sure how.

Ad Astra, DW prepared 14 questions. If we get very lucky this cycle, I know the questions will not continue til the babe arrives haha. If we have to do more cycles, the idea is to come up with different questions. Yesterday we discussed having a baby girl over frozen yogurt, great little mini date!

Selsevin, bummer about all the confusion! I wish I could be more help, but that is more Krista's area anyway. Best of luck to you guys.

Jenn, congrats on your insem! I think it's always important to be excited and hopeful, fingers crossed for us both to have beginners luck this month.

NAMW, congrats to you too on your insem! Wow, a lot of TWW-ers right now! Good luck.

Afu, today's TWW Countdown Conversation is: What are you most looking forward to about having children?
W e are 5 DPO today. This morning, DW's temp dipped so I got excited about it maybe being implantation... But then she told me her lp tends to fluctuate a bit anyways. Oh well, lol.

Today is our foster son's first birthday! It is bittersweet, I love him and I'm so honored to get to experience this very special day with him... But the kid only gets one First birthday. I feel so terrible for him that he doesn't get to experience it with a forever family. Just us, the interim family. And his forever family, whoever that may be, never gets to have this day with him. I'll stop being Debbie Downer now, I just feel so melancholy about it.

Thinking of you all.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Henderson: I'm putting in my 2cents for the after camp. That is what I've been told by both my midwife friends and by my NP as a "can't hurt, might help" thing to do. Don't worry about her being "too wet" you want lots of wetness because the fertile mucus present right before ovulation is protective to the sperm. I call it the sperm superhighway and it will lead them right through the cervix. Some will leak, that is just a fact but you can minimize with three tricks. Make sure her hips are propped up so that hip thrust upward.  A single pillow usually works just fine. Use something long enough to do the insemination to really get close to (but not inside!!) the cervix. We use an infant medicine syringe with the little tube attached. It is too big for frozen samples but works great with cooled/fresh semen.  Third, have her stay down for at least an hour. When she gets up some will fall out but, by then, the majority of the little sperm that could make it through the cervix have already. 

As for me, I'm coming up on the last two or three days of my 2ww. This is the most crazy-making for me. Playing the "is it PMS or Preg?" game is a pain but I can't see to help myself. I've had some cramping, which is usual for me before a period, but it seems to feel a little different. Of course it could all be in my head.  I really, really hate the end of the 2ww. I'll likely test on Monday if I don't bleed over the weekend.

Good luck to all entering your 2ww! I wish you many pleasant distractions!

The cast of characters: Me(36) happy housequeer, Monkey: my primary partner/hopeful pop-to-be, Author: our secondary partner. TTC since Oct 06. Diagnosed w/ unexplained infertility. On a break to consider final options.

User Tag List