Queer Conceptions--August 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Carmen - Yep! I use the 'ol Fertility Friend.

Welcome back SweetRainbow!

Hi all! wave.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Rainbow--  Welcome back!  Your profile picture is so sweet, and it's exciting that you're planning on becoming a midwife!  It seems like you've had great experiences with acupuncture.  I've been wondering about trying it out lately, so it's nice to read your perspective.  Good luck with TTC.  smile.gif   

Krista--  I'm so sorry about the stress you're going through.  I know I can't possibly say anything that would make things easier, but I am thinking about you. 

Nosreves--  Well, your ultrasound experience does not sound fun.  bigeyes.gif  I'm sorry.  I guess it's good that you have another ultrasound place lined up... if you need it... which I hope you don't... unless it's to look at a baby instead of follicles.  blahblah.gif   Best of luck for this cycle!! 

I'm 6 DPO today.  As I'm about to enter the second week of the TWW, this is usually the point where I start freaking out because "I don't feel anything."  For those of you who have been pregnant, is it reasonable to NOT have pregnancy symptoms before you miss your period?  Or am I in denial?  huh.gif   I try and tell myself that it's so early, and that evidently a somewhat sizeable population (I'm looking at you, women of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant") don't feel anything for a while.  However, it's hard to balance this 'logic' with all the stories I've seen on the web about women who either knew they had conceived while they were still having sex or knew about three days later.  In the meantime, you can find me at home with my wife, making random exclamations such as, "Oh, how I wish my boobs hurt!" and "What I wouldn't give to feel nauseated right now!" that, in any other context would be quite bizarre, to say the least.  nono02.gif

Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM

gelly -- aw, thanks for the encouraging words!  i don't know if she was like that because she suspected i'm gay or if she's just a bintch in general.  and i totally would have complained, but i still feel very shy with my french and get very flustered in situations like that.  it's a good thing that DP wasn't there, because she would have verbally fashioned her a new orifice.  how's your head today?  and how long do you have to do the injections?  hang in there!

sara -- i had a great art history prof, but apparently not as cool as yours!  how is osha going to cook the octopus?  i'll have to write you guys and tell you my korea octopus "adventure".  i even have pictures somewhere, i think.  is there anything you can think of that you'd like to have from paris/france?  i've already got lots of snack-type things, but if there's anything else you want or you think that the kids or sara would like, let me know ASAP! 

mrspp -- salut! :)

namw -- yes, here's hoping that i never have to set foot in that place again (not even for the best possible reasons!)  i refuse to subject myself to another round of condescension and dildocam molestation.  i have heard a *lot* of women say they didn't have any symtoms in the TWW.  actually, i think librarylady said she didn't the month she got her BFP.  DP also has a colleague who had no symptoms at all in the TWW and in the first trimester.  btw, that "I Didn't Know I Was Preggers" show is so over the top!  i was stuck back in the states two years ago when i was waiting for my French visa, and i watched it a couple of times.  DP now knows the expression "trash tv" because of that show and 16 and pregnant.  i find it bizarre that so many women don't know they are pregnant until they actually give birth. stranger still, most of their babies seem to be born into toilets. what a way to enter the world.  anyway, i'm sending you super-sore-blue-veined-boobs and nausea wishes! 

afm.... i finally went to pick up the results from my u/s.  much to my surprise and delight, i'm responding really well to the clomid!  i had five follies on my left ovary: 20mm, 17mm and 14mm were the three largest.  this is a huge improvement over my last (unmedicated) cycle.  my uterine lining was on the thin side at 5.4 mm, but it had a triple-layer pattern (which i think is a pretty good thing), and maybe it will thicken up a bit more before i O.  i have yet to get a + on the OPK or a peak on my CBFM, but we're going ahead with another insem tomorrow and will see if our kd can come on thursday or friday, too.  i'm sooo excited to have big follicles for once!    also, we watched a really sweet Canadian documentary called "Mommy Mommy" about two older lesbians going through the difficulties of ttc and later trying to adopt in a queer-hostile environment (the province of Québec, in this case.) seriously, what's with francophone areas being so against gays and lesbians having kids???

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:

I'm 6 DPO today.  As I'm about to enter the second week of the TWW, this is usually the point where I start freaking out because "I don't feel anything."  For those of you who have been pregnant, is it reasonable to NOT have pregnancy symptoms before you miss your period?  Or am I in denial?  huh.gif   I try and tell myself that it's so early, and that evidently a somewhat sizeable population (I'm looking at you, women of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant") don't feel anything for a while.  However, it's hard to balance this 'logic' with all the stories I've seen on the web about women who either knew they had conceived while they were still having sex or knew about three days later.  In the meantime, you can find me at home with my wife, making random exclamations such as, "Oh, how I wish my boobs hurt!" and "What I wouldn't give to feel nauseated right now!" that, in any other context would be quite bizarre, to say the least.  nono02.gif

Thanks to everyone for your great messages of support. You're right, there isn't much to say specifically that would make me feel better about having to wait but all the virtual hugs really help! I am feeling a tiny bit better today. I just basically have to battle it out with the doc next week when I see her. God give me the strength not to tell her how to do her job. Too much.

Uh,. yeah. You can totally be pregnant and not have symptoms. I'm a good example. Both times, I really thought my AF was about to start. Honestly, I think most women identify their symptoms AFTER the fact. So many of the things you feel pre-AF you will/can also feel pre-pregnancy. When I looked back in hindsight, somethings were like, "Yeah! That was because I was pregnant" but they could have also easily been, "Yeah, that's because I was PMSing." So cruel, but so true! Hang in there.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Hey MrsPP!  How are things?  What's new?  

NAMW, I haven't been pregnant so I don't know about the whole symptom thing from a personal standpoint, but I do know it's totally possible to get a BFP after a symptom-less TWW.  It's so hard to stay patient!  Day by day... that's the only way I know how to make it through.  LOL.  

NosReves, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  That is beyond awful.  That tech should be dildocam molested and see how she likes it - jerkface!  I'm so happy to hear about your good follicles though!  I hope you're feeling better about this cycle.  Happy inseminating!  

Lise - how's your TWW treating you?  

Who else is in the TWW?  

Sara, I'm sure AF will be here soon!  I'm excited for you and Mr. August.  

Gelly, that sucks about your headache and neck pain!  How are you feeling now?  

Carmen did you get your hcg test?  Everything all set?  How're you feeling?

Sorry if I missed anyone, I had a post written and the forum ate it (it was on my phone).  

AFU, we are 9 DPO today.  DW is reporting intermittent waves of cramping over the past three days or so.  She also was a bit nauseated today, and has been the previous two mornings but we were prepared to write that off because when she goes to bed hungry, she wakes up nauseous.  But last night she didn't go to bed hungry and even after eating, the nausea returned.  She is normally a snacker and is seemingly always hungry (blood sugar issues and Celiac), but her hunger today seemed excessive.  Who knows.  We're hopeful... we shall see.  As far as testing, we're trying to hold out but don't have a specific day in mind.  

Last night's TWW Countdown Conversation was "2 Things About Pregnancy That Excite You".  Tonight's is "2 Things About Pregnancy That Scare You".  Last night we got to watch Secretariat, which I have been wanting to see for a long time!  I'm a sucker for the horse movies, I thought it was great.  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Nosreves~ Yeah for great follies...and your lining has time to plump up a bit. Do you have a trigger shot or are you waiting to O? How do you feel about twins?  smile.gif

Desert~ Those sound like good signs...fx for you both. When do you plan on testing?

AFM~Sorry my personals are so short...the headaches and neck pain are still with me. I have no idea if it's just stress, sleeping wrong or if the injectables are to blame. I googled it and it does seem that headaches are a common side effect of luveris. I have had Follistim before and I didn't have the headaches so I guess the Luveris is causing then. I have about 8 more days of injectables. So, it will be over soon. Okay...I'm headed to bed...see you all tomorrow!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Sara: Sounds like you had a lovely birthday filled with decadent food! I hope AF doesn't drag her feet too much so you can get on with Mr. August.

Krista: That would have driven me CRAZY. Can you go somewhere else to get it done? Another city or state?

Desert: Hunger and nausea are good! Crossing my fingers for you....

ad astra: Ugh. BFNs at 12DPO suck. How long is your LP usually? Still a chance for a BFP? And yes, you definitely deserve some good fortune your way!

aljm: Welcome to the dark side er I mean the fun side! winky.gif Have you done a fresh insem before? Maybe tell us what you have planned and we can add our 2 cents smile.gif Exciting that you are starting early!

nosreves: I'm sorry your u/s experience sucked. It really sounds obnoxious. But great news that you are responding well to the clomid!

gelly: Can you get in for a massage or some acupuncture to help relieve the head and neck ache? That sounds so uncomfortable. I hope it's all completely worth it.

rainbowbrite: Two acupuncture appointments in one day?! That sounds like heaven to me...

MrsPP: I can't remember why I asked if you used FF! Were you wondering how to share your chart? Sorry I'm so forgetful! I think I may have asked about your chart?

NAMW: I didn't have the same symptoms with this last pregnancy (ended in m/c @ 6 wks) as I had when pregnant with my DD. I really did feel pregnant by 7 or 8 DPO with my DD. My hcg was high and I got a dark positive on 10DPO that time. I'm not sure if the two are related (high hcg and lots of early symptoms) but it seems to be for me. However, I also know that low hcg and can be totally fine and you can have a very healthy pregnancy. So, the short answer is yes...you can be pregnant and have no symptoms.

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Afm: My hcg is back to zero which is great news. My fever seems gone for good but I'm still feeling 'sick' but not really normal sick if that makes sense. Who knows...some weird flu virus I bet. CD15 for me. No ewcm or other O indicators at this point. I'm leaning towards not trying this month anyway because of my terribly low energy. Doesn't seem very condusive to growing a strong baby. But I have been known to change my mind at the last minute! We're leaving for camping tomorrow, back on Saturday night...super excited!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi all! no time for personals--toddler time on the plane went great and continues! There's been some crankiness as the combo of jet lag, new house, and messed up routine take their toll, but she's a very sweet kid, and it's been fun hanging out. I also got to meet Qmama and her DD and DP yesterday which was great! She showed me some of the sights here--mostly this awesome forest of a park (aptly named Forest Park) and the huge and wondrous Powells bookstore.

Nos Reves--have you been taking baby (or low dose) aspirin? It's what they gave me after my first Clomid cycle to beef up my lining. It doesn't work wonders, but it definitely gives it a good boost--might be just what you need!

Hi to everyone else! I'll try to come back and write personals soon!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Hey Prettyisa! You're in my neck of the woods! Isn't Powell's just amazing!? I swear it was one of the biggest reasons we moved here. I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing time in my little city. Enjoy!

Distractions abound right now as I prepare to send Monkey off to Canada for a cousin's wedding and get ready to head to Seattle for my first concert of the season! Between that and a ton of new sock yarn to knit with I'm barely thinking about ttc. We are waiting to hear back from our KD about the dates for the next try. This is the first time I've been concerned about disappointing a KD. He is just so excited about this process. I continue to be surprised, after all this time, that I still feel hopeful about this series of tries. I dropped below the 60lb mark in my weight loss. I'm now only 5lb away from having lost 20% of my starting weight! I almost hope a BFP waits until I hit that goal. I haven't been this fit in many years and I think that is the primary reason for my hopefulness. 

Feedback request: I was considering taking bromelain, the chemical found in pineapple core, during the next 2ww. I have issues with chronic inflammation in various parts of my body and I've heard that can interfere with implantation. I've taken bromelain before, recommended by my chiropractor, for tendon inflammation but never for fertility help. Anyone do this before? Heard anything? Any advice?

The cast of characters: Me(36) happy housequeer, Monkey: my primary partner/hopeful pop-to-be, Author: our secondary partner. TTC since Oct 06. Diagnosed w/ unexplained infertility. On a break to consider final options.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM

aljm- It sounds like you've found yourself in a very similar situation to mine.  I was not expecting to be able to do an insem this round and it ended up working perfectly (we'll see in a couple weeks how perfectly.)  If you'd like to talk about fresh insem, send my a PM.  I've only ever done it this round but I did a lot of reading, talked with people on here and on another forum, and have my personal experiences from 5 insems.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

I'm in the 2WW now!  Just a couple days into it.  I will test the morning of the 20th, which will be day 12.  Acupuncture has made my PMS symptoms so minimal so I don't know what that will mean for an pregnancy symptoms I might feel.  I've got a ton to do so I'm sure I'll be busy and won't even have a minute to stress about it... yeh right!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Hey all...

DP and I are still waiting to O.. Her cycle is being stubborn. This really will be a birthday insem if her O keeps delaying...... If we do not get pregnant this month our friends have lent us an Ovacue http://www.ovacue.com/

monitor.. this thing is like 400.00 ... Maia Midwifery actually said it is the best one and most accurate.. We are excited to use this to pin point ovulation ... we have to start using it on 2nd day of her cycle...

We have come to an agreement to pursue looking into foster-adopting and TTC.. that was our compromise.. though I do not feel DP is 100 percent wanting to keep TTC.. we came to this agreement as a way to give and take with each other.. this TTC roller coaster is not easy or fun in any way....

FX to every one in the tww...

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Yeledov - I took bromelain during the cycle that I got my BFP. I struggle with not having a thick uterine lining, and had heard this, along with eating pineapple would help. I asked my RE, who said she had never heard of it, but that it couldn't hurt. On this particular month, I ate pineapple, took the pills each morning, and drank pineapple. While I have no scienific proof that it works, I am a firm believer. Several of the gals on this board suggested it to me after months of my lining not getting past 4. If I recall, I took did these three items, beginning on cd1 and continued through cd12. Good luck!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM

well, blah... i still have no +opk and no peak on the cbfm.  that's good news in terms of my lining, but our donor came over tonight and will only be able to come over one more time...at lunch tomorrow.  given that i have no ewcm and that his sperm count will probably be super low after donating tonight, this cycle seems very unlikely to work out.  i'm awfully glad i have this queer forum to vent on.  if i had to read about how all the other women can "bd" with their male partners at will, i might just lose it.  why can't there be a 24/7 sperm-mart down the road?  *sigh*   ....

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Isa: PLEASE MOVE ME TO WAITING TO O! Thank you!

Nos: I have no idea how he plans to cook the octopus, but I think he is planning to look it up tomorrow at some point. I'll let you know. We have been taking videos of him trying new foods, so we'll get one of the octopus and I'll post it for you all to enjoy! I'm excited to hear about your korean octopus 'adventure'! I'm still working on your letter. I'm afraid I'm terribly boring and have not much to say but feel like a terrible pen pal as I personally haven't sent you anything yet. I have one thing for a package for you, but am still working on that too. What american sweets do you like?! I'll ask the kiddos and sara what they'd like from france. I dunno what I'd like though. I love chocolate and it hasn't been too terribly hot here so that may make it. I'm up for anything really! I wish you the best in inseming and am hoping for a + tomorrow morning! 

Carmen: So glad yourt hcg is down to 0! Have fun camping! Wanna see some pictures, please! 

AFM: BEST DOCTORS APPOINTMENT EVER TODAY! After three days of trying to ask my doc about a trigger shot for this month, I was finally able to get in to see her this afternoon. She has been SUPER cool about this and is continuing to be! She looked at my charts and said I seem to be ovulating but since we're having a hard time pin pointing it she gave me three options of what to do next. First one was keep trying for a year because I have a 20% chance of becoming pregnant each month I try and after a year I would be 85% likely to be pregnant (but she kept saying "I know you're a special case and can't keep spending thousands of dollars to wait a year). Second was medication (I said I've been taking vitex for 3 months now and am happy with the results of it. I then had to explain it to her as she had never heard of it). Third option was Ultra sound on day 14 and a shot to move things along (i.e. just what I wanted!). She wrote me a perscription for 10,000 mg of Novarel and said that will be two trigger shots for me to have. She ok'd Sara to do them for me at home and also gave me permission to do an iui at home too if I wanted, to boost my chances of being pregnant. So if my follicles are 20mm or higher on Monday the 22 (day 14 and ultrasound day) I do the trigger that night. If not, I wait a day for every 2mm I need them to grow to be above 20mm and then trigger. She said she would then say to insem about 16-18 hours after the trigger (if I were doing it at her office). I said I am getting two vials and she said do it 12 and 24 hours after the trigger. I'm so pumped!! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Sara- That is so awesome!  I'm so glad she listened to you and reassessed your circumstances.  We all know we're "special cases" but it's really nice to be validated by a doctor.  Good luck and I hope it all goes well!

Yeledov and 2ez- I'm going to have to look into bromelain now.  I made pineapple popsicles when I had strep throat and that helped a ton.  I have inflammation in my GI tract from Celiac Disease and I wonder if it will help.  I'll read around and see what I find.  Thanks for the idea!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM

Carmen, congrats on your hcg getting back to 0, but I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling yourself.  Hopefully this clears up before your camping trip!  

Isa, I'm so glad your toddler plane ride went well, I hope you have a lot of fun in Oregon with your friends.  Did you tell them about your pregnancy?

Yeledov, that's fantastic about your weight loss!  I didn't know, that deserves a huge congratulations.  I bet your BFP is just around the corner.  Glad to hear you have a distraction in sending Monkey off, try to keep yourself busy.  (Yeah right...)

Jenn, I am so happy to hear that you are pleased with your insems and now into the TWW!  Congratulations :)  

CaNanny, DW and I purchased an OvaCue monitor months ago.  I read a lot of great reviews on it, we were really hopeful that it would help us pinpoint DW's ovulation... but honestly, we were extremely disappointed with it.  I sincerely hope it works for you guys.  Now, to be clear, we only have the oral sensor, we did not buy the vaginal sensor.  Our understanding was that the vaginal sensor just confirms ovulation, and we knew she was ovulating because of her temps so we didn't spend the extra $100.  But the oral readings alone were definitely lacking in the reliability department - maybe the vaginal sensor makes it more reliable.  DW's cycles are usually 31-35 days and ovulation typically occurs between CD16-19.  The monitor told us her peak days were consistently a week earlier than we KNEW they were because she was still temping and using OPKs.  Plus, we initially were excited about it to tell us a peak day... then it later occurred to us that even if it were very accurate it wouldn't tell us what time she ovulated, and that was really the thing we needed to know about.  I hope beyond hope beyond HOPE that this monitor works really well and perfect for you guys and if Maia thinks so highly of it, it must be a good monitor.  It just did not work for us.  I wanted to put that out there, if you have any questions about the monitor don't hesitate to PM me!

That super sucks about your lack of + OPK and ewcm, NosReves.  I know you've got to be very disappointed in the timing of everything.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you, try to do whatever you can to keep your chin to the sunshine.  

Sara! Your news is SO great!  Your doctor sounds amazing.  We need to clone her and send her all over the country to take over for crappy doctors everywhere.  Congratulations!  This is going to be the extra bump you need for that BFP.  

Little slow around here lately... hopefully that will change soon with an explosion of preggos!  Where are all you lurking gals?  What are you up to?

AFU, 10 DPO today.  The wife reports a lot less cramping... I told her that does not make me feel very good, lol.  I don't really know what to think.  There's either a baby in there or not, right?  We'll find out sooner or later.  Testing... Friday morning?  Today's TWW Countdown Conversation is "Who is in the first group of people to know we're pregnant?"  

Night everyone.

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Isa can you please move me to waiting to O.  

The follow up appointment with RE went ok. He could have skipped the 10 minute "it takes time" talk though! The RE suggested using a trigger shot this cycle to help us with the timing.  I'm away for the next 10 days or so visiting family.  I hope to be back in time to get an u/s, do the trigger and home inseminations around the 22nd.   I may not be able to check on all of you while away but hope to see lots of BFPs when I get back!   

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 AM

Carmen - Yeah I was asking about a slow temp rise - although this month looks pretty good! I will gladly share my charts for interpretation but I just don't know how innocent.gif

Desert - Hi! Not much is new...still waiting. A good friend of mine had a baby last night so I'm looking forward to meeting him and rubbing his newborness all over me for luck orngtongue.gif So excited for you guys to test!!!

Sara - Hooray for a great doctor's appointment! I just had one of those myself - feels really great to be validated. 

Hello to everyone else!

As I mentioned above a friend had her baby last night, another friend of a friend had a baby on Tuesday night, a friend from the blog world had hers a few days ago...raining babies over here! Bumped into jennp at the park again Tuesday! And I'm having lunch with Isa's DW today! The weather is gorgeous here today - hope you all have a wonderful Thursday smile.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Hello All,

Hope everyone is doing good!! I got Stephanie Brills book and yes it has helped to inform me of alot :) Thank you for telling me about it.. I also have my DP taking prenatals, I heard it could help plus its good for your body.... We started doing OPKs yesterday. Its only CD9 but her cycle was kinda off last month so we are going to start doing tests now til we get a positive and we know to look for the CM around that time.  So now we are just awaiting. This will be our 1st insemination which we are very excited but nervous. We wanna do it right and not to late but not to soon lol All i know is once she tells me its a +OPK im calling our guy to overnight his sperm :) He gets his kits from the gayspermbank in CA. He lives 5 blocks from it which is cool...

We are actually going to do 2 insems he will send 1st day i tell him and then overnight again another sample. Our donor is awesome. Even tho the 2nd might not be a high count we cant hurt but try :)

Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Well Ladies yesterday was my 29th Birthday and I can not think of a worse way to wake up then by cramps and ugly AF, so I guess that was my BFN! I love this page and reading all of your stories, and it makes me feel better/gives me hope that there are ppl out there going thru the same thing I am, but I think I am too shy for this so Isa- Plz just remove my name. I will still keep up with everyone cuz again I love reading your stories. I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck and lots of baby dust!! I will keep praying and thinking of all! Hugs!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Amt--Good luck with everything and happy belated birthday!! 29 is a good age...wink1.gif

Handerson--I think the first time I took OPKs, I started SO early because I didn't want to miss the surge. Is she temping as well?

Sara--Hooray on the great doctor's appointment! If I don't get pregnant this month, I have decided to go in and make sure everything is working properly on my end. When is your approximate insem day??

Jenn--Where are you from in MI?

nosreves--I am sorry greensad.gif. I know how it all feels...I have lots of hetero friends trying right now...and sometimes, it irriates me with how much easier it is for them to 'bd' at will.

Desert--Sorry I have been one of the people that have been MIA!....smile.gif It has been slow around here...only a few pages since I wrote last. The good thing is, I have been busy so time is going by rather quickly on this 2WW... So, 11dpo?? How exciting! I think testing tomorrow sounds like a great idea! wink1.gif Fingers crossed for you!

I stopped temping (too stressful for me...and I know approximately when I normally ovulate) so I am not entirely sure what my O day was...but I had cramps early Saturday morning so I am assuming I ovulated then. Therefore, I should be on 5DPO. I felt REALLY good about our insems this time....even if I am not pregnant, we will definitely be doing IUIs next time....but will time a bit differently. DP wanted to time it exactly like we did when I first got pregnant...I felt like we should push everything back another 12 hours because I know I ovulate 2 days after my surge. We did it her way this time, so we will see! So far, no symptoms besides minor cramps here and there and headaches I think caused by the changing weather. It is funny...I am different than a lot of people because I hope for NO symptoms because every time I have them, AF arrives....I had no real symptoms last November.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM

lisdea- we are not tempting.. If it doesnt catch this time we will temp next time.. We are just using OPKs and looking for the CM. I hope not tempting will be ok???

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handerson003 View Post

lisdea- we are not tempting.. If it doesnt catch this time we will temp next time.. We are just using OPKs and looking for the CM. I hope not tempting will be ok???

Hi Handerson: Glad you got Brill's book. As you get into it, you'll see how she recommends monitoring of multiple symptoms for the best possible chance at pregnancy. Temping is not for everyone (nor is cervical position or mucus for that matter!) but it is just one more potential sign to help guide you. Since again, timing is everything as much as I hate temping, I can't imagine not doing it at least around ovulation. It is mostly used as an after-the-fact to help understand where you ovulated (which is why a lot of REs will just ignore your temp chart if you bring it in) but I think if you bring all your signs together, your temps can help even in the moment. When three signs line up, go with your gut and you'll know you're about to ovulate. That's what I do. I use temp, mucus, and OPKs to pinpoint mine. I'm not saying that it's the end all be all, but I do feel strongly that once I really got it down, that's when we got pregnant.

Now if I could just make those pregnancies stick, I'd be gold!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Hello everyone,

New to the site and the forum.  My partner and I have been trying to conceive for about 4 or 5 months now.  I'm in the TWW of this cycle, and I'm trying not to get caught up in all the twinges and sore boobness I'm feeling (not for the first time), but at the same time trying to be optimistic.  How to be optimistic without feeling false hope? Ah, I hate this tight-rope walk!

As we were waiting for a fertility clinic appointment, a friend came forward and offered sperm, so we've been trying at home.  Finally got an appointment at the local fertility clinic (a 6 month wait) and started the investigation this month.  The fertility doc is an ass.  No bedside manner and no experience with queer couples (as far as I can tell).  She won't inseminate unless I do the full plethora of tests (including endometrial biopsy and sonohysterogram).  Of course she was on vacation during my first investigation so she couldn't do the sonohysterogram test anyway, and we have to wait until next month for that.  Because I was getting daily blood tests and ultrasounds which tracked my progress through ovulation super-accurately, we tried to conceive at home with our friend-donor.  As a result, I've balked on getting the endometrial biopsy (which was supposed to happen tomorrow).  Basically had a huge teary breakdown with my partner and the nurse, and just said that I wasn't willing to risk it if I'm possibly pregnant.  Apparently the risks are low, but I had to go with my gut on this one. 

So, here we are 7 days after ovulation.  My boobs are tender and sore, especially on the sides, plus lots of CM, so I really, really hope that this is the month. I'm also very emotional, but that's nothing new for me! :) 

It's great to find this forum.  Would love to hear from people going through same, or who have gone through it before!  Cheers!

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Lisdea- I grew up a couple hours north of Detroit, mostly in Oxford but some in Flushing as well. Are you on an island? My dad would be so jealous.

What does bd mean?

2ww- I just got a crazy wave of fatigue that makes it feel like my brain would like me to pass out now. I'm resisting because I shouldn't be tired and I'll get a nap at acupuncture tonight. My boss said her first symptom was falling asleep on the couch and she noticed it just days after the night that got her pregnant. I don't know how to balance hope with being realistic. I was going to go to school full time after the move but something is telling me that will be too much. My acupuncturist joked about twins, which would be synchronistic. I've worked with 3 sets of twins and the last woman I dated was a twin.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Handerson--Krista answered you perfectly! She is great at that smile.gif. I have been temping only half-ass these past few months because of how much I hate doing it. With that said, I am so happy I did for 5 months in a row because now I know when I ovulate--it is MUCH easier for me to time since everyone is different with how long they ovulate after the surge. It's not for everyone...but it definitely can't hurt your chances!

dandylez--Welcome and good luck! You are a couple of days ahead of me. Are you planning to test or wait for AF?

Jenn--Yea, I live on an island. It is definitely interesting...smile.gif bd=baby dance. Lame, I know. It is used on infertility forums a lot. Fatigue was my first sign when I got pregnant! I don't think it really kicked in though until 7dpo or so...but you never know! I have a difficult time balancing the hope/realistic. I tend to learn towards realistic...which in the end feels a bit more like negativity. I am trying to change that.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Hello everyone!

Welcome.gif  DANDYLEZ! I hope that your stay is short and sweet! This is a great board to be a part of. There are lots of wonderful women here who are full of infomation and support!

Wow...there are several of you all in the tww...Jennp, Lisedea, dandylez, who else?   GL...baby dust to you all.

Carmen~ How ya doing? Yeah for hcg getting back to zero so fast. I am thinking about getting a message this weekend. There isn't really anyone here in my area that does accupuncture...which sucks.

Mrspp~ To get you link posted from FF...I think you have to create a charting home page. I think that give you a link that you can post here and we can see your chart. I haven't done this since the FF site changed, but that's how it worked with the old FF. I may have to try it and get back to you.

Krista~ How are you doing? Just fyi...I think to a lot of us on this board...you are Golden! hug2.gif

Cannay~ I have/had the OvaCue and I Love...love....love it. I only have the oral sensor as well. It took it about 2-3 cycle to get adjusted to me...so you have to use it a bit before it will be able to more accurately predict O for you. Mine got fried...not sure how, but right around that time I moved to IUI's in the RE's office...so I didn't worry about trying to replace it, but I really did love it...I also temp'ed, used OPK's, Cervical Mucus, and cervix placement. I think that we did well with timing our insems...I just have old lady eggs and they need a bit more help. ie fertility drugs. After this cycle if we don't get our BFP we will also begin looking into adoption.

Sara~ Yeah for GREAT RE appointment! I am super siked for you! Monitoring u/s and a trigger shot will really help you be sure to pinpoint O...yeah!

AFM~ I am on stim day 5. My headaches and neck pain are better, but I took two aleve last night. I know that I shouldn't have, but I couldn't even take the pressure of laying my head down on the pillow, let alone sleep. So far today...24 hrs later and two shots later the headache and  neck pain are still staying at bay. I hope I didn't mess anything up by taking the aleve, but I had to do something the pain had been with me for 4 days at that point. So tomorrow I go in for bloodwork and u/s...and I'll find out how many follies they see. I don't feel bloated or any twitching or twinging so I hope that they are growing in there. 

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 08-12-2011, 12:14 AM

Hi Ladies!

Please move me to TWW.

Things here have been intense! I got a cold last Monday and was out all week. I had a birth this Sunday and then another on Monday, and just as I started feeling better it turned to Strep! Which, as I can recall, I don't think I've ever had. Yeesh. Can't quite tell if I'm feeling better yet. I still have one more person due before I go on vacation, then I'm free!!

DP surprised me in honor of our anniversary with tickets to go see Adele at an outdoor venue tonight! We had a fantastic evening.

So, I feel like this month could go in any direction... I'm 6 DPO and we did the insems with me so sick, so who knows!

Hope you're all doing well, and welcome new friends!

Me homebirth midwife (35) and DP (28) Mamas to the love of our lives, feisty toddler Lucie, and an aloof miniature poodle.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!! It's great to have found you!

lisdea - despite strongest resolutions, I end up testing every time. smile.gif  How about you?

Still feeling good. Very sore boobs. Smell of bacon cooking when I got home yesterday made me want to vomit.  Very unusual. I love bacon!  Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all!

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 AM

Well....either I am MIA or I am constanting writing in.....I guess I am getting anxious! Still slight cramping every now and then....but nothing else. 6dpo.

Midwife--I was always under the impression that if you were the kind of person that got strep throat, you got it all the time (like me! smile.gif). Otherwise, you never got it. Apparently, I was totally wrong. Yea for vacation!! Have fun!! I am ending mine right now. I am a teacher so September is looming in front of me....although I feel as though I do much more during the summer (because everyone thinks I have tons of time) so the school year is less busy.

dandy--I always test too. Every time I say "Maybe I will wait this one out.." and then I never do. Ha.

User Tag List