Queer Conceptions--August 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Welcome to August, everyone! We've all been planning for a lot of BFPs this month--so bring 'em on!!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

* BunnyLullabye

* cnmk14

* Maybeababy

* 2moms3kids

*Southern Fried Karma BFPChart2.gif

* OwlandTurtle

*want2bepapa

* Desert Sunsets

* jennytuck

* MidwifeStephPDX

* SwtRainbowBrite

*MeghanC

*EmandJoHeil

*Nos Reves

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

* Go_Vegan

*MujerMamaMismo

*JennP85

* Cananny

* Yeledov

* Ad Astra

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif

* Handerson

* FiveGrandBaby

*Habitat

*Pleasantlyfurious

* Carmen BFPChart2.gif

* Aljm41910

* Smilingsara BFPChart2.gif

*Dandylez

Working on IVF baby.gif

* Alphahen & DP

* Mumquest

* KSDoulaMama

Waiting for AF af.gif
* MrsPP BFPChart2.gif

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready om.gif
*NAMW
* Lisedea BFPChart2.gif
* RainbowValleyMama
* mami2mami
* MaxK
* Happycalm
* IrishBabies
* AmandaMom
* Glados
* Serepartera (February 2011)
* Miss Scarlett
* Milletpuff
* Chiquitayy
* Lyndzies
* Kgulbransen

2011 Graduates!

August *Prettyisa broc1.gif

July * Onemommyonemama joy.gif

June * CrystalPerez broc1.gif * Qmama42 broc1.gif

May * KellySF carrot.gif

April * want2bmumx2 joy.gif * Indigoscot & DP joy.gif
March * Graceie :broc1.gif * Seraf broc1.gif * 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif
February * Escher carrot.gif *SharriKitColorado carrot.gif * DAWNMP1 carrot.gif
January * Starling&diesel joy.gif

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11

September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11

August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11

July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11

June * Coco & DP 2/14/11

May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11

April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32

February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP

January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl

September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious

August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'

July * Hbog

May * Indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen

March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4

February * Deny_zoo29

January * Jodybird511

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Lise—I’m sorry about the due date looming for you—hopefully it will be good luck and you’ll get a sticky bean with those insems! I just went to a music program about the Great Lakes and the guy was singing a bunch of stuff that apparently originated on Beaver Island, so I thought of you. Even though I can’t remember if that’s where you actually live or not…

MidwifeSteph—yoga sounds amazing right now. I feel like I’ve been so afraid to move these past few months in case I do something and hurt my imaginary babies that a really good stretch seems like the perfect antidote!

NosReves—I could absolutely picture the town—and the food! You’re lucky to be so close and able to take nice long trips if the mood strikes! I’ve been having daydreams about coming on a European trip again, but I don’t know when there will be the money, sadly. How is the Clomid going? I didn’t like how my mood changed on it, but it wasn’t terrible—just made me a little depressed. It was amazing to come off it and realize that I can, in fact, be a happy person.

Yeledov—I agree-that can’t hurt, and it sounds like a nice thing to do, now that it’s summer. I don’t think I’d do it in the middle of winter, but since it would be pleasant to be barefoot and outdoors, why not try it?

Hi Vienna! Welcome to the group!

Desert—any symptoms yet?

Carmen—happy Pride! I hope you had fun! And I’m glad that your ordeal ended without the need for hospitals or other intervention.

Ad Astra—I considered that, but my plan was scuppered when I realized that there is no way anyone could ever have sex in our tiny little Hyundai. Alas.

AFM—Not a happy camper these days. I’ve had kind of an upset stomach (and some constipation, I’m sad to say) and sore boobs, but no other symptoms, and I’m very inclined to blame these on the meds I’m taking. It’s a higher level of progesterone than I was on before, plus estrogen patches. Pretty sure I’m not pregnant, but I’ll find out tomorrow—I’m planning on doing a home test first thing in the morning before going in for my blood test confirmation. We’ll be seeing the RE tomorrow afternoon, so at least if it’s a no we’ll get a plan for the next try pretty much right away. It was kind of a bittersweet weekend—our friends are moving out from our rental apartment, and they are leaving most of their baby things for us to use. I just keep hoping we’ll need to use them before they decide to have #2 and we have to ship them back out, unused.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#3 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nosreves, best wishes to you while you are on the Clomid, sounds like its side effects vary wildly from woman to woman. I hope your fertile cervical mucous behaves itself and is bountiful!

Yeledov, the earthing sounds like it's going beautifully! We have kind of a dirt backyard, but it's really hot here and it's our monsoon season, so when it isn't hot it's thunder storming, lol. Maybe if we are still TTC in the fall, I will suggest it to my wife.

Isa, I'm real sorry to hear you aren't having a great time right now. I can only imagine with all the meds and everything, it's hard enough... But to feel like it didn't work and you will have to do it all over again, that would be the worst part for me. I've been thinking about you and your DP all weekend. I hope you can find a way to see all the baby stuff positively, and not as a reminder of a lack of pregnancy.

Lise, it has to be so strange to think of inseminating on or near your due date. I'm not sure if I would just want to keep it out of my thoughts, or embrace it and hope that angel baby will deliver you another child; one meant to live with you on this earth. I know it's pretty standard advice around here, but be kind and forgiving of yourself.

Afu, we did our last insemination yesterday. I was disappointed in myself, I couldn't get the catheter in far enough to make it an IUI, which was what we had planned to do. I did get the swimmers into her cervix, but no further. Oh well. In hindsight, I feel better about our timing than I did at the initial insemination, so I'm pleased with that.

A cousin of ours was here visiting earlier in the year and we told her we were planning to ttc this summer. She made us this little terra cotta figure, a kind of abstract woman with a big open belly with a fish carved into it, and she named it Dreaming of Life Swimming. Then I made a little round egg/bean type... thing, and glazed it green for fertility, and put it in her belly. She has lived on our headboard, she watched over our inseminations, and now her belly is holding the empty vials with the green egg. I hope she will bring us the luck we need! I'll have to take a picture of her to show you all.

I feel like the timing was good enough, now we just have to see if we are lucky enough. DW felt cramping for a few hours after each insemination, but nothing else. She has Celiac disease, so she already is forever hungry and snacking. Her mom swears we will know when she is pregnant because DW's joints will all suddenly feel very loose. Stretchy tendons and ligaments seems to be indicative of pregnancy in her family. We will see!

After Isa tomorrow, who is next to test??

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#4 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Desert-I will be testing on Aug. 10....which is my bday. Hopefully this will be the best birthday ever!

Isa- Thank you for the new thread. I hope the thread keeper's luck rubs off on you!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#5 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the new thread, Isa! I'm sorry that things are tough right now. I know we don't know each other, but I've been thinking of you a lot. hug2.gif

Desert: Here's hoping your fertility figure brings you luck! We have one too, and in January someone gave my wife and I (and my best friend and her husband) a photo of some mating of Red Tailed Hawks to use as a talisman. (My best friend just got pregnant in July, so maybe it works?) That's so interesting about pregnancy causing loose joints...I have Cerebral Palsy and if being pregnant suddenly meant I had less pain and stiffness that would be amazing!

Vienna: Welcome!

Handerson: I second ad astra's comment that the learning curve on charting is pretty steep (I've been charting for months and months in prep for my IUI in September), but it's been SO WORTH IT in terms of the peace of mind it gives me.

Yeledov: If nothing else, Earthing sounds relaxing, so it might be worth a try! Let me know if it works, won't you? Hugs to you on this TWW!

nosreves: Your vacation sounds like heaven!

Amt1015: Fingers crossed that it *is* your best birthday ever! (Aug. 10th is my brother's birthday, too.)

ad astra: Thinking of you during your TWW!

AFM: Over the weekend we found a possible known donor for at-home insems if the IUI in September doesn't work...we didn't expect to find someone, so this is a totally new option for us. We're open to it, but not prepared---and I don't do well with "not prepared." wink1.gif On Saturday night we went for a sunset cruise on the harbor, which looks like this:

281982_10150331572776719_590086718_9628564_2573848_n.jpg

Hoping for lots of BFPs in August! Good luck to everyone!

In love and TTC in August/September 2011!

#6 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Hello everyone!! I finally ordered The Stephanie Brills book YAY.. I cant wait to get it and read it.. Sounds like it will help alot.. Timing is a big thing but our bodies are all difficult lol things can change. To me it sounds like or what I have read start doing the OPKs a few days after her period ends and once it says positive have the donor send the sperm and insert asap.. Of course we will have to get it to room temp. We are going to buy a thermometer also. I have read when your opk says positive you have 3 days to insert. Well the 1st day already will be wasted because thats when i will have to call the donor to overnight the sperm.. Then when we get it we will insert.. I really hope i get the book sooner than later. and I hope I havent read info that is wrong.. It seems like its going to be easy but then what if im wrong about the way we are doing it and so on. I know if it doesnt catch it could just be because of the sperm. We are going to try it 2 times with frozen. If nothing then we will meet up with the donor. We are just hoping we can do it this way.. We shall see. All of your info has been helpful. Thank you and anymore you want to give would be great.

For those that dont know. We are using a known donor- he will overnight us the sperm once we give him the OK too- he will use a kit we have purchased. Then once we get it we will warm and insert. Thats our plan. and i know a friend that got pregnant after 2 times with shipped sperm so i have my fingers crossed...  

#7 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Isa mentioned after the smiley face on the OPK you have only 12-24 hours.. Is this true because it being shipped i wont get it until liek 12 hours later???

#8 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Also taking the temp... My DP goes to work at 5am and i dont see her until about 6pm.. Can we take the temps and tests at those times?

#9 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handerson003 View Post

Hello everyone!! I finally ordered The Stephanie Brills book YAY.. I cant wait to get it and read it.. Sounds like it will help alot.. Timing is a big thing but our bodies are all difficult lol things can change. To me it sounds like or what I have read start doing the OPKs a few days after her period ends and once it says positive have the donor send the sperm and insert asap.. Of course we will have to get it to room temp. We are going to buy a thermometer also. I have read when your opk says positive you have 3 days to insert. Well the 1st day already will be wasted because thats when i will have to call the donor to overnight the sperm.. Then when we get it we will insert.. I really hope i get the book sooner than later. and I hope I havent read info that is wrong.. It seems like its going to be easy but then what if im wrong about the way we are doing it and so on. I know if it doesnt catch it could just be because of the sperm. We are going to try it 2 times with frozen. If nothing then we will meet up with the donor. We are just hoping we can do it this way.. We shall see. All of your info has been helpful. Thank you and anymore you want to give would be great.

For those that dont know. We are using a known donor- he will overnight us the sperm once we give him the OK too- he will use a kit we have purchased. Then once we get it we will warm and insert. Thats our plan. and i know a friend that got pregnant after 2 times with shipped sperm so i have my fingers crossed...  

Handerson: Brill's book is really going to help you because I can see that there are still some bits of information that you need to get cleared up. It's a lot to take in all at once and honestly, getting pregnant as a lesbian, unfortunately takes some practice! But you guys will get the hang of it.

First off, I want to continue to be clear that you guys are NOT using frozen sperm. You are using fresh sperm that is shipped in a container that keeps it cool overnight and preserves it. This is NOT frozen sperm and hopefully the guy is not intending to try any of his own freezing methods on it because you cannot freeze fresh sperm on your own.

When you get a positive on the OPK, you are set to ovulate 12-24 hours after the OPK. That's not always true for some (for me it's actually 48 hours) so continuing to chart and pay attention to it is going to help you to pinpoint her ovulation. If you're keeping a good eye on the pending ovulation using OPKs and other signs, you should have more of a heads up as to her impending ovulation which will give you time to coordinate your donor.

You need to get that donor to do his deed and ship it out the day you get a positive OPK. It should arrive to you in the morning and that should be your first insemination. But again, you guys have to work on pinpointing her ovulation (which is why all books recommend you do charting at least six months prior to trying). If she ovulates more like 24-48 hours after the positive OPK, then you'll be needing him to ship it at a different time. Are you only using him once per cycle in terms of only shipping to you once? The great thing about fresh sperm is you get more of it more often so you can inseminate around the impending ovulation. If you can't do that via shipment, I would consider getting to the same town as him on the next few tries so you can hit it up to 3 times per cycle.

TEMPING: she needs to take her temp when she gets up at 5am (first thing, no standing up, no eating/drinking or brushing of teeth). She needs to have had at least 4-5 hours of sleep prior to temping.

OPK TESTING: as mentioned before, she needs to test once in the morning around 10am and then once again around 12 hours later.

Honestly, it's a 24 hour job some of the time and requires a lot of patience and consistency but if you can do it, you'll learn so much and really help her to get pregnant!

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#10 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM

hi girls!

SORRY, I'm sucking at this posting back to everyone thing. 

First off, thanks everyone for the luck with the job. I'm sure I would have gotten it, if I didn't live so far away. They pay milage to each job, so I'm sure they just didnt want to pay me about $15 dollars each drive I took. Oh well. I'm not too bummed, but now I have to focus all of my efforts of job hunting again. 

Ad astra: How go things with you ladies?! Any good symptoms?!

Carmen: How are you feeling about trying again this month?! 

Yeledov: Any symptoms for you?! 

Jenny: September is getting closer and closer! Thats so exciting about a possible known donor! I hope he works out! 

Desert: Do you mind if I ask... What bank are you and your partner using?! How goes that painting?! Does your insem timing feel better to you know?!

MrsPP: How go the trip preperations?! Getting excited yet?!

Lisedea: When do you get to use Mr. July?! Andrew has the highest count?! I pushed for him for a while with Sara! He is a cutie! You wont need to buy the next pass, we will both hit it this try! Mr. August is "Samson". I'm going to look at his profile a bit better after I post. He has glasses in his kids picture and is in school for biblical something or another. We may just go with Conrad for this try (although the one vial thing makes me nervous we wont hit it right). Big hugs to you! hug2.gif 

CaNanny: When are you guys inseming?! 

Midwife: Glad you'll get to insem two more times before hawaii! Hawaii sounds blissful! Play in the sand and water a bit for me, please! 

Handerson: Any symptoms for you?!

Nosreves: YES! We got a lovely postcard from Italy! The kids have made you post cards back and I am working a letter to you too! Your trip sounds lovely! Any pictures we can see?! Feeling nice and relaxed?! 

Vienna: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Isa: FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU! thumbsup.gif

Kgul: How are things going over there? 

Phew: I think I got everyone! 

AFM: My friend's BF said he doesn;'t actually feel comfortable donating right now. That's okay. Waiting of AF and then, its time to count down to ovulation! I had a really good ovulation this month, lots of EWCM, etc. I'm really excited about inseming again this month! 

Our trip to Pittsburgh was GREAT! Got to see lots of old friends! Ikea run. Got passed down lots of baby clothes and cloth diapers. I had a blast! 

My birthday is sunday. We are talking about what fun stuff to do. We are going to the State Fair, Thursday I think. 

Now, I'm off to finish editing pictures of MizYellow's baby and my family and to check out Mr. August (Mr. August first)! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#11 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Hello All,

I have been poking around the internet looking for a forum exactly like this one! I feel like I am home :)....I have read so many heartfelt posts and I am hoping to gain support and provide some as well. A little about me... I am 33 yo and married to the absolute love of my life. We got married in '09 and are now working on TTC#1.  It has been quite the emotional roller caoster, as many of you know... and much of what I learned (on the fly) is skewed toward straight infertile couples, so I find it hard to trust where we fit in the grand scheme of things. I had always been told that I was extremely healthy so of course when it came time to have a baby, I thought no problem! Boy, was I ever wrong. Fast forward from August of last year until now, I am currently waiting to O on my 6th iui with injectables (follistim/ovidrel) and frozen sperm with no hint of a pregnancy yet. I have been seeing an RE from the start and we are now on donor #2...id release. I have been diagnosed with stage 4 endo and lost an ovary and fallopian tube back in January of this year, but made dietary changes, and started acupuncture to try and slow the endo. I also had a second surgery in June after an inconclusive HSG (surgery was completely successful, tube was open)..yay!  At this point after I get my BFNs and mourn/seethe for a day or two, I return to remaining hopeful and believe that its just a matter of time for us. My dp and I both want to experience pregnancy, but we figured I shoud go first bc I am 4 yrs older than she is. At any rate the road has been long but we are still hopeful for our own little pot of gold at the end of our rainbow. Here is a random question, but I thought this might be a good place to gain some info. My dp and I are an interracial couple. We have decided that I will use a caucasian donor (I'm black) and she will use an African American donor. However, black id release donors with adult pics are VERY difficult via sperm banks. Any suggestions are welcome:) So happy to be here!  

#12 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM

prettyisa -- can you move me over to waiting to O?  thanks for the input on clomid.  lordy, i hope it doesn't make me depressed...i lean that way already, and i don't need anything to tip me over.  also, if you ever do get over to this side of the pond, be sure to let me know.  i'm the official Paris welcoming committee for this forum.  i know you don't think you're pregnant, but i've got all my digits tightly crossed that you're completely wrong.  will be thinking about you tomorrow!

desert -- thanks for the good wishes, and i'm sending some back your way for the insems you just did.  your terra cotta figurine sounds so cool.  i hope it, the green egg and the empty vials inside are just the talisman you need this month.  f/x!

jennytuck -- salut!  i must have been away when you started posting, but here's a huge and belated WELCOME from the other side of the Atlantic.  the colors in the photo you put up are stunning.  and my DP is also not very good at not being prepared.  she had packing lists made for our Italy trip nearly a month in advance.  had it been left to me, we'd probably have been packing right up until we drove off (and we certainly would have forgotten something.)  a KD can be a great thing to have, and fresh sperm lives longer than frozen.  September is still a month away, we can help you prep if you want!  i'm sure well have suggestions.  my ultra-prepared DP even put together our "box" box  (as i like to call it) with all the things needed to insem with fresh.

sara -- yay!! i was starting to worry that maybe i'd written the address wrong.  keep checking your mailbox...there should be a few more missives in there soon!  a little goody box (with things from Italy and possibly France, too) is also in the works but hasn't been sent yet.  i'm slowly but surely loading pics onto facebook and i'll probably put them on picassa.  i took well over a thousand, though, so sorting through them and narrowing them down is a bit of a pain!  hey, i'm an august leo, too! it sounds like you guys had a great time in pitt.  i'm looking forward to the postcards and letter!

selsevin -- a very warm WELCOME to you :) .  it sounds like you've already been through some hellacious times with ttc.  hopefully, having this lovely little bunch of supportive gals around you will make the journey a bit easier.  as for black sperm donors who are willing to be known....it's too bad that teleporters haven't been invented yet.  DP and i have come across quite a few really nice guys here in Paris who were more than ready to donate.  alas.... 

afm... DP and i had a huge argument tonight over a complete misunderstanding.  we both ended up sobbing.... i can't help but wonder if the clomid side-effects have finally kicked in.  most of Paris shuts down in August (everyone goes away for the month), so i am having a hard time finding a place to get an u/s to check my follicles.  our whole argument had to do with my freaking out about finding a clinic, and by the end of it DP was saying that she's tired of all this obsessing over temps and CM and ovulation and babies and that maybe we should just give up because we're both probably too old for it to work.  phew.... in the end she told me she's just having a hard time readjusting to being back at a job she hates and in a city that feels a bit too busy after nearly a month of luscious Tuscan slowness.   hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for both of us....

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#13 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM

aww nos! big hugs! hug2.gif

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#14 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM

selsevin - welcome to QP.  Re: your donor search.  Have you tried Xytex Cryo International Sperm Bank? A quick search with the criteria you mentioned yields 6 donors.  We did not use them but consider it before finding our KD. Good luck!

nosreves - sorry to hear about the rough night....going back to work after a blissful vacation is tough - I hope your DP adjusts soon.  I've been known to be really cranky myself after the summer is over  and I like my job a lot.  Take care of each other. 

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#15 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Nosreves, sorry to hear about the misunderstanding between you and DP.  greensad.gif  It must be unspeakably difficult to go from the slower, more intimate way of life that you've been living to the bustle and hurry of big city living.  Also, I had no clue that Paris shut itself down so much right now, I'm floored by that!  Good luck finding somewhere to do your ultrasound.  

Bummer about the job, Sara.  I didn't realize it depended on distance.  Oh well.  Maybe its best to find something closer to home anyway, especially with the baby coming in November.  I'm glad you guys had so much fun on your trip!  Congrats on your extra fertile mucus!  Thanks for asking about my paintings, they are coming along slowly.  I haven't gotten much more done, it feels a little needy to post too many new photos of it when not much has changed, lol.  The sky, mountains, the rings... that's it.  Still missing the water, sand, and ribbon.  Oi.  As far as banks go, we're using Northwest.  Just couldn't get past the prices!  The staff there is always so helpful and kind, and have always answered my questions patiently.  I'm very pleased with them, and with our donor.  

Jenny, that photo is gorgeous!  The possibility of a known donor is so great for you guys!  I hope you are able to get informed quick so you feel comfortable inseminating with fresh.  Also, I had no idea you had CP, I find that really interesting.  Is that weird... that I find that interesting?  Our nephew has very severe cerebral palsy.  I feel very uneducated about mild CP, does it come with any fertility issues?  Sorry if that's an offensive or invasive question.  

Amt, fingers crossed for a Happy Birthday BFP :)  Our wedding anniversary is on the 22nd of this month, I'm hoping for an early anniversary BFP.  

Selsevin, welcome to Queer Parenting!  That's quite the journey you've been on.  Best of luck, we hope you stick around with us!  We're pretty cool, if I do say so myself.  ROTFLMAO.gif

Isa, tomorrow is the day!  Was today any better for you guys?  You and DP are in my thoughts. 

Afu,

Here is our Dreamer!

Dreaming of Life Swimming (5).JPG

Dreaming of Life Swimming (7).JPG

It's hard to see the carved fish because of the pooled glaze.  It's supposed to be clear, but there's so much of it that it crackled and turned almost a whitish color on the edges - which we found really funny, because it resembles sperm haha.  

Dreaming of Life Swimming (1).JPG

Tomorrow is 2 DPO.  Seems like its been an eternity already, lol.  In order to keep some tiny semblance of sanity, my sweet wife made a "TWW Countdown List".  She's made a category/list of things to discuss for each day of the TWW, and we have plans for small treats periodically for ourselves to get us through.  Today's list was "Favorite Girls' Names" and then we each listed our own favorite name.  What a wonderful person I'm married to!  joy.gif

Night, all.

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#16 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 PM

isa: constipation is a very common early pregnancy symptom thumb.gif

Desert: I have a gluten allergy as well. We should swap recipes when we both get pregnant and are starving! The terra cotta figure is very cool. I had a friend give me a small figure for fertility (I can't remember what it was actually called...drawing a blank unfortunately) when I was TTC DD...I used to keep it beside our bed and I liked knowing it was there smile.gif

jenny: what a gorgeous place to cruise! And that sounds promising for a KD! It would be great if it works out....except you probably won't need it because September will work, right?!

krista: what are you trying again? Are you using the same donors?

Sara: Happy early birthday (in case I forget!!) Sorry to hear about the job...it sounded interesting but on the upside you won't be far away when Sara goes into labour so you can see your baby being born :) (I have been lurking on Q&P and read about that concern) Good luck to you this month!

nosreves: Oh no! Arguments during TTC suck. Well, they suck all the time but are extra sucky at this time. hug2.gif Be easy on yourselves and you'll get through it.

Afm: Back to work tomorrow after a lovely Pride packed 4 day weekend. We're all suitably tired. It's CD7 for me. I started temping again this morning (damn, I had put away the thermometer after my BFP and was hoping to never have to look at it again!). My temps seem normal for this time for me. I'll get in for a blood test this week to make sure hcg is down. We are out of town a couple of times this month so can only insem if I O on CD15 or 16 or not until CD21 Sort of a narrow window. I'm feeling good eomtionally and physcially about TTC this time though so if we are here during that window we will indeed try. Otherwise, this will be an off cycle and we'll try again in September. Small random complaint...I've put on 5 lbs since I've been back to work! Chasing a toddler all day is definitely better for me than sitting at a desk!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#17 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Hey all!

I'm waiting to O!  Today will be day 12, so I am very close.  I have a KD that fell into my lap at the last minute.  I am moving to Denver on the 14th and after that I'll figure out how to ship it after I recoup my moving expenses.  I won't know if this insem worked until after I moved (very stressful time to be trying this).  I've mostly been in the 3+ month wait thread but now it's going to happen all of a sudden.  I'm just doing the best I can with the ClearBlue Easy OPK a friend leant me and reading my CM and body signs.  I see an acupuncturist and started Guaifenesin today.  I also have Celiac Disease so we'll totally have to share recipes and tips with each other!  I haven't had any success finding any information about CD and conception except for that 3% of unexplained infertility is CD related.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to test, or for a job, or for insem!

#18 of 365 Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Sara..

we should be insem sometime late next week.. very close to my b day.. I would love a little b day baby :):)  when do you expect to insem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsara View Post

hi girls!

SORRY, I'm sucking at this posting back to everyone thing. 

First off, thanks everyone for the luck with the job. I'm sure I would have gotten it, if I didn't live so far away. They pay milage to each job, so I'm sure they just didnt want to pay me about $15 dollars each drive I took. Oh well. I'm not too bummed, but now I have to focus all of my efforts of job hunting again. 

Ad astra: How go things with you ladies?! Any good symptoms?!

Carmen: How are you feeling about trying again this month?! 

Yeledov: Any symptoms for you?! 

Jenny: September is getting closer and closer! Thats so exciting about a possible known donor! I hope he works out! 

Desert: Do you mind if I ask... What bank are you and your partner using?! How goes that painting?! Does your insem timing feel better to you know?!

MrsPP: How go the trip preperations?! Getting excited yet?!

Lisedea: When do you get to use Mr. July?! Andrew has the highest count?! I pushed for him for a while with Sara! He is a cutie! You wont need to buy the next pass, we will both hit it this try! Mr. August is "Samson". I'm going to look at his profile a bit better after I post. He has glasses in his kids picture and is in school for biblical something or another. We may just go with Conrad for this try (although the one vial thing makes me nervous we wont hit it right). Big hugs to you! hug2.gif 

CaNanny: When are you guys inseming?! 

Midwife: Glad you'll get to insem two more times before hawaii! Hawaii sounds blissful! Play in the sand and water a bit for me, please! 

Handerson: Any symptoms for you?!

Nosreves: YES! We got a lovely postcard from Italy! The kids have made you post cards back and I am working a letter to you too! Your trip sounds lovely! Any pictures we can see?! Feeling nice and relaxed?! 

Vienna: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Isa: FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU! thumbsup.gif

Phew: I think I got everyone! 

AFM: My friend's BF said he doesn;'t actually feel comfortable donating right now. That's okay. Waiting of AF and then, its time to count down to ovulation! I had a really good ovulation this month, lots of EWCM, etc. I'm really excited about inseming again this month! 

Our trip to Pittsburgh was GREAT! Got to see lots of old friends! Ikea run. Got passed down lots of baby clothes and cloth diapers. I had a blast! 

My birthday is sunday. We are talking about what fun stuff to do. We are going to the State Fair, Thursday I think. 

Now, I'm off to finish editing pictures of MizYellow's baby and my family and to check out Mr. August (Mr. August first)! 

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#19 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 AM

Hi, everyone!

I haven't been around in a while, though my wife and I are still trying to get pregnant.  We are on attempt #6.  This is my second month on Clomid and the second time we are scheduling an IUI.

I have a question on timing.  You would think that we would have this down by now, but when things don't work out how you expect, you tend to second guess, triple guess, and quadruple guess yourself.  We have a vial of ICI we're doing at home and a vial of IUI to be done by our midwife.  I got a positive OPK last night at 10, and we are going in for the IUI tomorrow at 8 a.m.  The midwife suggested that we do the ICI tonight at 10, but I can't bring myself to wait a whole 24 hours to inseminate, especially since we're having such a 'late' IUI. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on the timing issue?  Is doing the ICI 18 hours after my positive OPK reasonable?  Gaaaahhhh...  nut.gif   

Thank you so much, and good luck to all!

Nicole

#20 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 06:58 AM

Desert: Okay, so Northwest. I read that your stuff was coming from Washington and thought maybe we were using the same bank! I thought it'd be so funny if three of us were using the same bank! I'm glad to hear your painting is coming along! I'd love to see more pictures! The dreamer is way cute! Your friend did a nice job! 

Carmen: Thanks for the b-day wish! Glad you're going to try to insem again this month! Hope you have fun camping. I agree, probably a closer job would be better! I wanna catch that baby when it comes out! 

Jenn: Fingers crossed for you!

CaNanny: I think I'll be inseming in about 3 weeks, so the week after you maybe?! I'm not sure what day I'm on (kinda haven't put my temps into FF yet for the month. haha). But I'm expecting my period early next week. I hope we all get birthday babies! 

AFM: I've decided I'm going to use Mr. August! He seems so sweet and we think he is family (from how he talks and his hand writing...HAHA!). I'm excited about my decision! 

#21 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM

NAMW - I'd read the instructions of your OPK and see what it says the positive means.  Mine says that it's the luteinizing hormone and that 12-48 hours after that is the normal ovulation time.  From what I've read you want the sperm inside and waiting when you ovulate.  But frozen sperm doesn't last long so you don't want to do it too soon.  That seems to be where the benefit of temping comes into play.  It will let you know that you've ovulated for sure and if you have it tracked before with the OPK results then you can see what your average time between a positive OPK and a rise in temp.  But, I haven't done this yet and I don't temp, so this is just what I've learned from reading things.  To me, doing the insem tonight before bed and then the next one the next morning makes more sense than trying to do it during the day today.  That way you can lay down and go to sleep after.  If you were using fresh then you can inseminate longer before ovulation.

#22 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Desert—glad the timing seems good—and I LOVE the turtle! Also, loose joints sounds like a heavenly sign, although I bet it would be scary since I’m the kind of person who is always thisclose to spraining an ankle because I don’t pay attention to how I put my feet down. Fingers crossed for you!

Jenny—that photo is great! I also like that it matches your profile pic! Don’t worry about me—I’m thrilled to get some baby stuff! DP and I have been not buying anything (well, I have two vintage outfits and a baby bjorn that I found at a thrift store, but that’s it) so to have some things is exciting! I haven’t been through it yet—they took a bunch with them and then left the rest for us, so I have no idea what’s lurking in the plastic bins. I’m going to wait until they actually move before I start going through them, though—it seems strange to dig in while they’re still in the house.

Handerson—it sounds like you’re on the right track! Just listen to Krista—she knows about all of this stuff and remembers the details so those of us who are more forgetful don’t have to! When are you planning to do your first insem?

Sara—Ugh. Sorry about the job. I bet you’re right about the mileage thing, although $15 extra doesn’t sound like too much to pay for a good employee to me. I’m sure you’ll find something great soon! Are you still working at chipotle? Come on, Mr. August!

Selsevin—Welcome! Nice to have you with us! I wish I had some advice on the donor question—we’ve never been looking for donors of color (well, I haven’t. Now that our friends’ gorgeous Filipino/Indian son has been born DP keeps asking if we can switch it up and have beautiful little brown babies, but I never want to change donors again if we don’t have to). Where are you in your cycle? Let me know and I’ll be happy to add you to our list!

NosReves—sheesh! Maybe I should send you my address and get goodies from Europe, too! My British friends have gone and dropped the ball on the homemade cards-and-candies front…DP and I get into that argument all the time—usually because she’s trying to be reassuring that we don’t have to keep doing this if I don’t want to, which I interpret as her saying that she doesn’t want to, which isn’t the case: cue crying. I hope that you two made up alright!

Carmen—Sorry about the weight—I feel like I’ve gained at least 10 (and honestly, more like 15) pounds since starting TTC. Between feeling sorry for myself and not being allowed to exercise, things have been going downhill. I’m holding out hope for breastfeeding as the solution…

Hi Jenn! Welcome over to QC! Hopefully you’ll only need to be with us for this month and once you’re in Denver you can head to Q&P instead of back to the 3 Month forum! Sad that you’re moving, but I bet Colorado is going to be great for you!

Nicole—I’m putting you in the TWW, since it sounds like you’re about there. I think I would split the difference and try to do the ICI 18 hours after your positive OPK, so 4pm today. Is that a possibility? Good luck!

AFM—Wow, I’m chatty today! Probably trying to distract myself…I did a digital HPT this morning, so DP and I would know what to expect with the blood test. And the result? A picture of a book. Which is one of the error messages. So we’re taking it as a sign that we’re not supposed to know until this afternoon. I did have a dream that I had a positive test (instead of two lines I got a star!), so I’m feeling a little more hopeful, but prepared for a no, too.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#23 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Yeah i just keep hearing people call it frozen but its really not.. Its just sent cooled and they put some buffer in it to keep the eggs alive. I do plan on taking her temp and doing opks daily so we will know when it says positive. Since we are getting sperm shipped its going to be a bit tricky like you said. We are going to try this for 2 cycles and if it doesnt work we will just have to make a trip to see him for a few days so we can get fresh...

#24 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 AM

Hi everyone --- My wife and I got another BFN on Sunday, so I can be moved to the "waiting to O" list (well, *I* am not waiting to O - partner is, but ... you get it :) ). That makes 6 failed IUI cycles. We are certainly disappointed, but not really surprised because we felt that the insemination was a bit early this go-round. In the mean time, I have a question that I'd love to hear your thoughts on. We have a potential known donor, which is super exciting because up til now we've only used frozen goods and the prospect of increased odds with fresh goods and multiple inseminations per cycle has renewed our hopes. The donor does not currently have health insurance, so we'd of course pay for all STD/STI testing. This morning I've been on the phone with Planned Parenthood and a couple other clinics in the area and I have not yet spoken to anyone who even has heard of cytomeglavirus (CMV). I literally spelled it for one person I spoke to and explained what it is and why we're concerned about it. Granted these aren't doctors or nurses that I'm speaking to -- probably just administrative folks, but it concerns me. My wife is CMV negative and the fertility clinic has made it clear that it's essential that the donor also be CMV negative. I've read and understand the risks, which are serious, but am baffled that so few straight folks know about it, and if straight folks trying to conceive aren't concerned, how concerned should we be? What about you all? If you are/were CMV negative, would you rule out a positive donor? I'm going to see if we can just send our donor to the fertility clinic for the testing. I really want this donor to work out and I hope this CMV thing doesn't ruin it! I'd love to hear your opinions!

Best,
James

Me:  (28)  read.gif, Wife/Partner: Ania (34)knit.gif. Loving parents to Ludo (lab/chow) dog2.gifand Madeline (dachshund/jack russel)dog2.gif. TTC since October 2010. 8 unsuccessful cycles of IUI, moving on to adoption.

#25 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsara View Post
Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. Waiting to settle out this surgery to "correct" my heart shaped uterus but I'm having to fight the system. Honestly, I'm really enjoying the summer and not thinking about TTC. It's totally changed my outlook on life. We've signed up for another triathlon so I'm currently training for that. At this point, trying again may not come until September or October and with our original donor(s). One donor may be out but the one that I believe got me pregnant both times says he's still on board. But we'll see. We may lose both of them and have to move direct to IVF.

#26 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post
afm... DP and i had a huge argument tonight over a complete misunderstanding.  we both ended up sobbing.... i can't help but wonder if the clomid side-effects have finally kicked in.  most of Paris shuts down in August (everyone goes away for the month), so i am having a hard time finding a place to get an u/s to check my follicles.  our whole argument had to do with my freaking out about finding a clinic, and by the end of it DP was saying that she's tired of all this obsessing over temps and CM and ovulation and babies and that maybe we should just give up because we're both probably too old for it to work.  phew.... in the end she told me she's just having a hard time readjusting to being back at a job she hates and in a city that feels a bit too busy after nearly a month of luscious Tuscan slowness.   hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for both of us....

NOS: You had a "cloment!" I'm so sorry. I never had them the two times I was on Clomid but I've read about them from others. It takes two to tango so in no way does it mean it's all you but I think it's important to recognize the role hormones and meds play in this process. We have to cut each other a break, allowing for the fact that hormones and emotions can really mess things up. I hope you guys can hug and kiss tonight and feel better. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMW View Post

I have a question on timing.  You would think that we would have this down by now, but when things don't work out how you expect, you tend to second guess, triple guess, and quadruple guess yourself.  We have a vial of ICI we're doing at home and a vial of IUI to be done by our midwife.  I got a positive OPK last night at 10, and we are going in for the IUI tomorrow at 8 a.m.  The midwife suggested that we do the ICI tonight at 10, but I can't bring myself to wait a whole 24 hours to inseminate, especially since we're having such a 'late' IUI. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on the timing issue?  Is doing the ICI 18 hours after my positive OPK reasonable?  Gaaaahhhh...  nut.gif   

Thank you so much, and good luck to all!

Nicole

NAMW: Welcome back. Good to have you around. Timing is such a tricky issue. OPKs are supposed to show that you will ovulate between 12 and 24 hours after you get the positive but I still believe this is different for each person. As I mentioned to an earlier poster, for me it's more like 48 hours. If you did the IUI at 8 this morning and frozen sperm lives for 12 hours, then doing at IUI at 10 pm is probably a decent suggestion. Were you feeling like you needed to get "further ahead" of ovulation? What other signs are lining up at the moment? Cervical position? CM? If you can, don't put all your faith in the OPK. Look to other signs if you're exhibiting them to confirm your ovulation. The idea is to get ahead of the ovulation. I actually don't think you had a "late" IUI. I think your IUI was probably spot on for what you read on the OPK. But again, what are you other signs? Re-read Brill's book if you need inspiration on reading other signs and believing in them to help guide you. Best of luck!!

#27 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bepapa View Post

Hi everyone --- My wife and I got another BFN on Sunday, so I can be moved to the "waiting to O" list (well, *I* am not waiting to O - partner is, but ... you get it :) ). That makes 6 failed IUI cycles. We are certainly disappointed, but not really surprised because we felt that the insemination was a bit early this go-round. In the mean time, I have a question that I'd love to hear your thoughts on. We have a potential known donor, which is super exciting because up til now we've only used frozen goods and the prospect of increased odds with fresh goods and multiple inseminations per cycle has renewed our hopes. The donor does not currently have health insurance, so we'd of course pay for all STD/STI testing. This morning I've been on the phone with Planned Parenthood and a couple other clinics in the area and I have not yet spoken to anyone who even has heard of cytomeglavirus (CMV). I literally spelled it for one person I spoke to and explained what it is and why we're concerned about it. Granted these aren't doctors or nurses that I'm speaking to -- probably just administrative folks, but it concerns me. My wife is CMV negative and the fertility clinic has made it clear that it's essential that the donor also be CMV negative. I've read and understand the risks, which are serious, but am baffled that so few straight folks know about it, and if straight folks trying to conceive aren't concerned, how concerned should we be? What about you all? If you are/were CMV negative, would you rule out a positive donor? I'm going to see if we can just send our donor to the fertility clinic for the testing. I really want this donor to work out and I hope this CMV thing doesn't ruin it! I'd love to hear your opinions!

Best,
James

James: I remember we had a discussion about this awhile back. CMV status is a tough one because although we're all born CMV neg, many people will develop the antibody over time and become pos. And the infection could have happened many years prior but they don't find out they're CMV pos until much later so even if your donor tested positive, it could be an old infection. The reason the fertility clinic is recommending CMV neg is because there is a very small possibility that if your donor is CMV pos, it could transfer to the baby in utereo, but the chances are really slim and are extra slim since your wife is CMV neg. You guys would really have to decide whether you want to risk that or not. Many clinics won't take sperm from a CMV pos donor but I'm sad to hear you're running into dumb straight people who don't seem to know if it even gets tested for. blahblah.gif

Did you ask the fertility clinic if they have any recommendations of places that would test for CMV status? Unless it's an HMO that has their own lab, most will have labs they contract with and could recommend. You'd have to pay out of pocket, but you'd get it done. Another thought is asking a sperm bank (if there is one nearby) who they contract with to test

I hope that helps. Let us know what you discover.

#28 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Want2bePapa, Sorry for the continued BFNs! I'm right there with you. The reason straight people aren't concerned about CMV is that if you're having sex with someone, you would have already been exposed to their CMV positive sperm. The big CMV concern is first exposure happening during a pregnancy, so for folks who are trying to get pregnant with their partner's sperm, they don't worry about it (straight people using donor sperm are usually still concerned).

We are using a known donor, and while we did have him tested for STIs, we skipped the CMV testing (and several of the others that Brill mentioned). He had come up positive for an STI a couple months before we started trying, and that gave me mixed feelings: it obviously felt scary because it made the whole thing real, but it also made me trust him even more because he didn't have to tell us that, and I wouldn't have had any way of knowing. Anyway, I think it's a big old can o' worms. What we finally decided was that making a baby with him needed such a high level of trust, that this was just a part of it. For us, the new issue is that we have been trying for 5 months now, and his boyfriend is moving away in September... it kind of feels crazy that me, a gold star lesbian,  is now in this higher-risk sex population. We never did discuss what would happen if six months went by, like when we would test him again, what happens when his boyfriend leaves, etc...

Handerson, let us now how it all goes! I've been curious about those fresh sperm shipping options. Our donor is local, but we do have a couple other non-local options (if it didn't work out, or we had a second, etc) and I've wondered about that.

PrettyIsa, so hopeful that you see your BFP soon!! A picture of a book would have cracked me up. :) Sending positive thoughts your way!!

DesertSunsets, I love your fertility figure! We have  alittle fertility shrine that has kind of come together. It has a gold-covered chocolate Sheilagh Na Gig (that a client gave me as a gift), a couple other baby or birth related icons that a friend gave us, and a mother's day card DP gave me this year. :) Funny story: DP was cleaning our room, and the little altar was blocked by our big fan. SHe moved the fan to clean behind it and found that every one of the items had fallen face-down! That can't be a good sign, right? lol. So, they're all turned face up now, and maybe that's the luck we need.

SmilingSara,  hope Mr. August does the trick! Gotta love the hand-me-downs :)

Nosreves, your trip sounds wonderful! DP and I went to Italy last year for our honeymoon, and had an amazing adventure! We were so focused on wedding planning that we didn't do much in the way of honeymoon planning. That led to lots of laughs, the biggest of which was me trying to drive up a hill in Tuscany in a standard car, thinking I knew how to drive stick. Picture me rolling down the hill over and over, eventually almost rolling into the vineyard, and having three Englishmen have to come to our rescue! It still is one of our best travel stories! Are you and your DP in Paris itself? I have lots of family there (mostly in the suburbs) and have spent lots of time there over the years. DP and I started our honeymoon there and then took the night train to Venice-- also a hilarious adventure. I'm so looking forward to taking her to France again, and just spending time there... maybe for our 5th anniversary. Hope the day got better for you and DP! :)

Carmen, glad you seem to be having a normal cycle and good luck with your window! :)

Jennp85, exciting! Is this your first cycle trying??

Cananny, glad you and DP have gotten to a point where you're going to keep trying for now. I know it such a rollercoaster. I keep saying that if I knew when it was going to happen (even if it was a year or two down the line) and I could stop trying until then, it would be so different than this monthly rollercoaster...

NAMW,  Are you temping? I think the temps can offer some guidance. If you get a positive OPK and then take a few days to see the temp-rise, one of the reasons is that you might be ovulating on the later end of the window. If you have a temp rise pretty close to OPK, then I think it's more likely that you're ovulating on the earlier side. Also (theoretically) the older you are the closer to positive OPK your ovulation will be. Does that help at all? Good luck!!

AFU, I'm home nursing a summer cold (hence the time for personals)! We'll be insemming later this week. Last month my positive OPK was on day 12 and I only had a 26 day cycle; today is day 13 and no sign of it yet so maybe it will be a more normal cycle. I see my naturopath for a check-in and some acupuncture today, then the new acupuncturist again next week. Things are calming down in my work life (only 3 people due between now and my September vacation) and randomly I have nobody due in October, and only a couple due in November! So I have a slower time coming up, which isn't great for the bank account but I think will do wonders for my ability to do some self-care.

Me homebirth midwife (35) and DP (28) Mamas to the love of our lives, feisty toddler Lucie, and an aloof miniature poodle.
#29 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM

kgul: Training for a triathalon sounds hard but like a great way to enjoy the summer and something wonderful to focus on! I hope you kick major bum in it and win! I wanna see some pictures of it!

Want2bePapa: big hugs! hug2.gif this month is going to be it for you guys! 

#30 of 365 Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Nosreves: Thank you! I'm trying not to get my hopes up about the KD, but it would be really nice to have the option since we can only afford this one IUI until next year. About the arguing: I really empathize. greensad.gif There has been more than one misunderstanding-which-ended-in-sobbing event in our house this year; TTC is so much more stressful than I thought it would be!

Desert: I think I really life your wife! What a wonderful idea for the TWW---I think I might steal it! smile.gif As for my CP, don't worry---it's not offensive/invasive at all! I have chronic pain in both legs, arthritis in my hips, epilepsy, and a math-related learning disability (from the brain damage that also caused the CP...and because the CP makes me "hyper-reflexive," I can't drive a car. When I put it like that it seems hard to manage but but overall my condition is mild and I'm able to work full-time as a nanny with no problem. CP doesn't affect fertility at all, which is lucky. (It will affect my pregnancy, but only in that I might be more tired and have to be more careful about my balance, which is iffy on a good day!) Just out of curiosity, how old is your nephew?

Cananny: Fingers crossed for your insem! smile.gif

Sara: I know, I can't decide if September's coming too slowly or too quickly! I'm trying to be relaxed about it (which, admittedly, is hard to do when you have to POAS multiple times a day to try to pinpoint your O. smile.gif) Happy early birthday to you---I hope your weekend is fabulous!

Carmen: That's what we're hoping, and I think the prospect of having a backup plan will help me relax about the IUI a bit, which can only help, right? It's so good to hear you're feeling optimistic; here's hoping the next few months are full of wonderful things!

Selsevin: Welcome! I'm so glad you're here!

Nicole: I'm so excited to see you're local(ish) to me! I wish I had advice to offer on timing...since I don't I'll just say good luck!

Jennp: That's wonderful you found a donor! Hoping everything works out!

Off to get the 13 month-old who decided to perform an after-lunch concert instead of napping today! ROTFLMAO.gif

In love and TTC in August/September 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page