Social groups? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi all,

I was just reading about the new Social Groups thing that MDC is starting, and I was wondering how y'all feel about it. Should we be planning to switch over to becoming a group instead of a forum (anyone can read the groups, from what I understand, but to comment you need to 'join')?

My initial thoughts are that unlike the DDC threads that get archived, we seem to have a good system worked out here for the most active people (and I'm always happy when new people stop by, either just for a single comment or to settle in and stay a while), and the other threads (besides QC, Q&P, and Q&N) that people post seem to be largely topical and in some ways best left open for anyone from the site to comment on. Am I missing anything? Do you all feel like we'd be better served by having a 'leader' and monitoring who comes and goes? I don't think I've ever run across a comment on this board that was hateful or trollish, so I just don't know that we need to limit membership, but I'd love to hear all of your opinions!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#2 of 4 Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My first instinct is to say that I don't mind it the way it is now, but that I'm open to the idea, if it makes sense and I'm missing it due to severe Placenta Brain.  Thanks for bringing it up!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#3 of 4 Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Isa~ I think that things are working out for Queer Conceptions pretty well. I'm not sure if what the advantage would be to change it to a 'social group'. I am open as well to whatever everyone thinks is best.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#4 of 4 Old 08-27-2011, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
starling, you have to watch out for that. I've heard it can be serious.

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page