Queer Conceptions~September 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Brite: I'm so sorry, sweetie. Don't forget, the first few days of the AF showing her ugly face are always the worst and most depressing. Thanks to all the various hormones and emotions that run through our bodies, you can feel good about your journey (or horrible about it) differently on any day of the month. Just be easy on yourself until you move a little more away from that space. You WILL get pregnant. I know it's heart wrenching but remember the stat that around 80% of women over 35 WILL get pregnant within two years. It's just the "two years" that's so hard to accept. I don't think it will be that long for you but you are on a long journey and we're right there with you.

Handerson: ditch the obsessing about the temps! Remember: temping is NOT a predictor of ovulation. It is based used as an after-the-fact look back to learn as much as you can about DP's cycle so that you can predict what will happen next time. That is also why it is recommended to be used in conjunction with other signs.

AFM: nothing to report. Healing well. Hoping to inseminate first week of November. Gotta get me pregnant with a liberal during the elections!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 AM

kgulbransen- Thank you lol I think it is just messing with me head anyways lol and we do look at the other signs too. But we trying not to get are hopes up too high knowing even tho we had Great timing it may just not be the month. BUT lol she was saying her boobs were a lil sore but shes also had her boobs be sore before AF so thats why im trying not to think about stuff like this.. but its soo hard lol

lisdea- I dont use FF. I just been writing them down at home..

Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 AM

hug2.gifBrite. I'm so sorry af showed up. As Krista said, the first few days are the worst. I often wanted to give up when ttc DD but I kept going and it was so worth it! It will happen for you!

Afm: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling much better. Well, emotionally anyway. I started feel like I was getting a cold/flu again yesterday afternoon. Argh! I finally kicked the last one and here it is again. I'm hoping to fight it off this time! I'm not usually sick very often so this is frustrating for me.

4DPO today and nothing very exciting is going on. I have an acupuncture appointment today which I'm looking forward to.

PS Pearl Jam was awesome!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

MrsPP and handerson- good luck with those possible fallback temps! I've got high hopes. :) And for handerson- I agree with kgulbransen- now is the time to stop worrying about those temps!!!

Carmen- I saw that you had commented on my blog recently but I didn't realize it was you until I looked up your blog in your profile! :) Lots of baby dust to you... hope this insem takes!

Brite- So disappointing about this cycle! Your chart looked PERFECT! So sorry to hear about AF. :/ Hang in there!

AFM- On to the more serious injections. I started the estradiol valerate on Friday. Boy was that an interesting experience, having my wife stab a needle into my butt. O_O. So far everything is looking good. I'm doing my prenatal yoga and listening to the pregnancy affirmations I posted last week. I really like them! Boy do I feel relaxed after the yoga video+affirmations track! I wish I had been this calm and relaxed when I was TTC my daughter! Very glad I was able to ditch the stress of the paperwork phase- it is so nice to be onto the phase where I'm preparing my body for pregnancy. I've got a ton of pills and supplements I'm taking- prenatals, calcium, iron, antibiotics, probiotics, a steroid, baby aspirin, and extra folic acid in addition to my Lupron and Estradiol Valerate injections- They all have to be taken at different times because of drug/supplement interactions and timing (one puts me to sleep, one wakes me up, etc.) but so far it is not a problem. I think the lowered dose of Lupron (which made me fatigued) in combination with beginning iron (Floradix) and the steroid is causing me lots of energy and some insomnia which I am combatting with the relaxing affirmations/guided imagery tracks. We are packed for our flight on Thursday, sonogram scheduled for Saturday, and transfer is still scheduled for October 6!!!

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM

By the way: I started a surrogacy blog. Right now it's private. It might someday go public. If you have a wordpress account and you are interested in following along, you can request permission to view the entries and I can add you. The link is: http://itsnotminesurrogacyblog.wordpress.com/

Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 PM

So I've been more of a lurker lately, and just reading has been so helpful to me.  I truly appreciate the strength I find from everyone on this board.

But I am happy to announce that after our first round of IVF (after many months of not being able to actually start IVF) we have a BFP!  Fingers crossed, but things are good right now!  Okay, more than good, amazing.  :)

Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Mumquest--Popping over to say congrats on the BFP! Great news, will send veggies when I'm not on my phone!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumquest View Post

So I've been more of a lurker lately, and just reading has been so helpful to me.  I truly appreciate the strength I find from everyone on this board.

But I am happy to announce that after our first round of IVF (after many months of not being able to actually start IVF) we have a BFP!  Fingers crossed, but things are good right now!  Okay, more than good, amazing.  :)

Yay! joy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gif

Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM

Congratulations mumquest!!! That is so fantastic.  You must be over the moon.  

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gif

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Hello everyone. This is funny. So I didn't even realize that I had replies to my post until I figured it out yday. I am not tech savvy in the slightest.

Once I realized, I was just scrolling through responses with tears welling up in my eyes. It is so nice to hear that so many people can relate to where I am coming from. I definitely felt welcomed.

Desert Sunsets, Lisedea, Ad Astra: Thank you specifically for supporting the idea of setting boundaries with my friend (more like an acquaintance now) who sprung her pregnancy on me after she had been intentionally hiding that she was even trying. There is a huge messy back story to this friendship, and right now I do want to be focused on doing what is best for me, my DP and my future offspring: I don't want certain negative energy around. It is interesting how this TTC process has not only showed me that I could live w/o caffeine (most of the time), and my anti-depressants but also that the basics (sleep, nutrition, solid kind friendships) is fundamental for good living.

Brite, Kgubransen, Carmen, Yeledov: thank you for the welcome and for the advice. I haven't liked the fact that my LP is only 10 days long yet my RE didn't think it was a big deal, particularly bc my progestrone numbers were ok when they were tested. Still I'm with you guys, I didn't like it so I advocated for myself and viola next cycle I will be taking progestin suppositories. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Carmen, I haven't heard about B6. I will look into it.

Desert: trying 3 vials? If my DP and I had the resources I would try 5-6x in a cycle even though I know that it only needs one try. Good luck.

Brite: awh.... The pain of AF. I am envious now of remembering when getting my period was merely a slight annoyance. I know a friend who told me that she knew someone who had a specific intentional self care ritual she did every time she got her period when she was TTC. I hope you give yourself permission to have your intense range of feelings (there typically intense for me) and do something special for yourself..that you may not typically do at any other time. My special ritual involves sweats, chocolate and the t.v. and a box of kleenex. I know its is easy to get frustrated with the process but the truth is it just didn't happen this month AND there is no evidence that it won't happen next month. It is what it is. Typically I am able to start being more positive and rational again about the process maybe by day 3 of my period. So peace and good thoughts to you.

KSDoulaMama: thank you for the download link. I've been listening to alot of BelleRuth Naperstek lately. Her guided imagery for fertility is so touching and poignant. Best of all her voice is so soothing, I always fall asleep before the track is over.

Handerson: I too second the idea of not obsessing over temps. I did it myself for the first 8-9mths of ttc and then I realized that I had a pretty typical bi-phasic presense with my temps between FP and LP and figured that my temps didn't mean much after a while besides knowing that it would stress me out particularly in the days leading up to AF. I have the most helpful thing for me at this point is making sure I use a digital OPK test that shows the definitive smiley face or no face so I know definitely when the beginning window for ovulation occurs. 

If anyone has any tricks that work for them to make the TTC process easier, I would love to hear them.

Mumquest: how exciting! congratulations!

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 AM

Mumquest, congratulations!

Brite, I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for you this month--it must be even worse when it feels like you're *so close*.

AFM, we're out--I started bleeding almost a week late, but there it is. I think that we're giving up on TTC--it took us three years to conceive, and then we lost it, and just...argh. I sat down and really looked at our finances, and realized that no matter what, as long as we're trying and paying for sperm, we're still going to be struggling...and if we're not paying for it, not only are we not struggling, but we could actually have things like savings accounts. We're also increasingly feeling that because my cycle's irregular anyhow, there's really no point in going without monitoring, but there's literally no way that we can pay for sperm and monitoring and, you know, our mortgage. If we were to magically find a known donor, we'd certainly keep going, but the financial and emotional strain of trying and trying has become too much for us. I'm not at all sure that we're making the right decision, but...

Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM

Hi everyone -- We got our BFN last Friday. We've spent the last few days thinking about next steps bc our doc is now recommending IVF. We could swing it financially if we took a year or so to save, but we've always kind of had an unspoken agreement that if it came to that, adoption would be a better fit for us. So, that is the direction we're taking and we feel really hopeful and excited about it! Best of luck and lots of baby dust to all of you fine women!

James

Me:  (28)  read.gif, Wife/Partner: Ania (34)knit.gif. Loving parents to Ludo (lab/chow) dog2.gifand Madeline (dachshund/jack russel)dog2.gif. TTC since October 2010. 8 unsuccessful cycles of IUI, moving on to adoption.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 AM

Well, BFN again. I'm not due until tomorrow but I'm sure that is accurate. (Though I know there is a small possibility I could be wrong.) I'm feeling pretty down about ttc right now. I will have been trying off and on for five years as of October. How did it get to be five years?!  We are going to keep going with home insems with our KD until the end of the year and then Jan/Feb will bring my last two Clomid cycles. After that, who knows what we'll do. We can't afford more invasive fertility treatments out of pocket right now and adoption would be complicated, if not impossible, due to our poly household.

I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow. I'm hoping that the time off of everyday life will remind me that, despite the unexplained infertility, I have a very good life. 

I wish hope and a huge wave of bfps to all. I'll be back to check in with you all next week.

The cast of characters: Me(36) happy housequeer, Monkey: my primary partner/hopeful pop-to-be, Author: our secondary partner. TTC since Oct 06. Diagnosed w/ unexplained infertility. On a break to consider final options.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM

There is certainly a mix of emotions on here today!! grouphug.gif

KS: October 6th is the day of my first RE appointment...so it's a good day for all sorts of good things to happen in my opinion! Good luck!!

mumquest! joy.gifCongratulations!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

invitn: Have you tried acupuncture? Beyond having amazing physical benefits, I find it really helps keep me balanced emotionally while TTC.

meghan: Maybe a break is a good thing. Would you entertain the idea of revisited the process after time off? hug2.gif

want2bepapa: Good luck on the new direction. It sounds like you're really comfortable with the decision - which must be a great feeling smile.gif

Yeledov: Sorry about the BFN greensad.gif Have you ever tried acupuncture or TCM? Sorry if you've mentioned that before...

Afm: 5DPO and I had a great acupuncture appointment yesterday after work. For some reason I'm not feeling terribly hopeful about this cycle though. Not sure why, just a feeling - or maybe more accurately, I don't have "the feeling" that I'm pregnant...I'd like to add a "yet" to that but we'll see how I feel in a few days. I tend to feel pregnant early on. I'll probably test between the 3rd and 5th. I'd like to know before I go in for my RE appointment on the 6th (which is 13DPO).

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

mumquest- Congratulations! carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif

want2bpapa-
We tried IVF and found out my eggs did not look good. We have now moved on to adoption. If you would like to talk about either send me a message. Good luck to you two as you navigate the next steps.

Hello to everyone else! I broke my frickin ankle again and I'm back in a cast. The better news is we are almost finished with our adoption paperwork and I am doing the final edits on my dissertation (Ed.D). Good luck to everyone TTC, I miss you guys so I lurk here from time to time. hug.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Hi all. Just a quick note as I read through a few things here. I don't want to encourage anyone to go into debt but...I wanted to make sure that people knew about a couple of different programs out there for IVF.

1. Most all IVF clinics have a "refund" program. If you don't get a pregnancy or a live birth (they each have different requirements as to what constitutes success) you can get up to 90% of your money back. Those over 35 usually don't qualify for this.

2. There is a non profit out there that awards money for IVF. Someone has posted it here before and I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Could be worth it if you're really, really wanting to get pregnant with your own or your DP's eggs.

3. There are companies that specifically loan on and finance IVF. You'd be paying it off like your mortgage or student loans but if you're willing to do that and you don't have the cash upfront (which is problematic for most) it's better than putting it on your credit card because the interest rates are significantly lower.

And then there's adoption as some have decided on! And don't forget foster-to-adopt. Private adoption can be costly too so it really depends on how you approach it. But I know others like Max are much more well versed in private/agency adoption than I am. I'm more well-versed in foster-to-adopt if anyone is interested.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 09-28-2011, 12:18 PM

Ok...CD 15 and STILL no positive OPK...not even close to being positive!! I am normally positive on CD 14 or 15...so I am totally perplexed. Anyone have any ideas?? I am wondering if I should send my tank bank if not positive by Friday...my cycles are 28 or 29 days.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hello, I'm a new member and was advised to drop in and say hi. Tomorrow I get to go have my blood work done at the RE. We're hoping to be able to get my POCS straightened out and start IUI at the beginning of the year.

Mother to one dd .
Old 09-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Lisedea, Carmen, MrsPP:  Thanks for the welcome.  Lisedea, I can emphasize with the OPK problem.  I cannot get one to read positive at all.  I have tried two different brands, and have taken up to three a day, and still nothing that comes close to a positive reading.  I am confident that I ovulate, based on a bunch of other monitoring, but I feel like insemination timing would be so much easier if I could just pee on a stick and see those reassuring lines.

AFM:  Well, we did it.  Insemination on Sunday and Monday night.  Based on my OvaCue readings (vag probe) and mucus, our timing was quite good.  The whole process went pretty well, and we shall see what happens.  I felt totally sick today at work, but I think it had more to do with eating a burrito on a very stressful day than it did with being pregnant....

May I be moved to TWW?

Thanks 

Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Congratulations Mumquest!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Woo mumquest!!!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Vienna- congrats on the insem and welcome to the TWW!

rs11- welcome!

lisedea- Sometimes our cycles just vary, even when they are usually so similar. If your other signs line up, I'd say trust those. Otherwise maybe you're just O'ing a little late.

carmen- Yay Oct 6- that feels like a good day... if you're not already pregnant!

want5bpapa- I admire the grace you have in this decision to shift in the direction of adoption.

yeledov- sorry about the BFN. :(

meghanc- sorry about your BFN too. I can't imagine what it must be like to find yourself at this point in the TTC process. Keep us updated about what things you decide.

AFM- Well, we are all packed up to leave for the airport in the morning. I'll try and update while we are in CA... this is it! Soon I might be pregnant! Even though it has been so many months in the making, I can still hardly wrap my head around it. I am feeling so ready!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 AM

KS--I definitely don't feel as though the rest of signs are lining up...we will do a cervix check tonight though. FF gave a tentative O day on CD12 because of my temps...but I am fairly certain that I did NOT O then... Do you know if it possible to not ovulate in a cycle if you have a fairly regular one? I do go to a fertility specialist next Wednesday...good timing! smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM

Good morning!

Oh Rainbow, I'm so sorry hug2.gifgrouphug.gif I hope you're being gentle with yourself. Thinking of you during this time. xoxo

KS - hope you have a great trip! And come back pregnant! Good luck with everything.

mumquest - Congratulations!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

meghanc, want2bepapa and Yeledov - So sorry to hear about the bfns - thinking of you all. xoxo 

Hey Max! Nice to see you poking your head in! So sorry about your ankle!!! Is it the same one as last time? Sending you healing vibes.

rs11 - Welcome.gif

Vienna - Congrats on your insem! Welcome to the tww. It sucks. winky.gif

lisedea - Ack! Sorry about your wonky cycle - I hope things line up better for you very soon!

Krista, Carmen and anyone else I missed - wave.gif

AFM - 10DPO and BFN. I know, I know - it's still early. We're not terribly devastated just yet. My temps are still higher than usual, still having creamy cm and some cramping/twinges on my right side. Who knows. 

ETA - I just had a crazy hot flash - took my temp and it was 99.6! Pretty sure I'm not sick. Do you think this means anything?

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Mrspp-fingersx.gifdust.gif

Mumquest-joy.gifjumpers.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
Old 09-29-2011, 10:07 AM

Krista: Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. This AF has really given DP & I a chance to reflect and make some realistic expectations for the future.

Carmen: Yes all I wanted to do on CD 1 & 2 was give up, but I am feeling better about trudging forward. And for you, give that little bean some time to travel and snuggle in and I am sure you will be "feeling" it in a few days!

KSDoula: I agree my chart was pretty perfect, but I guess charts too can be deceiving greensad.gif

Mumquest: Congrats

Invitin: An intentional self care ritual when AF shows up during TTC is a wonderful idea! I think that would help with the emotional & physical pain a lot! I did take CD 1 off work and I just laid around the house, and vegged out in front of the TV. Once DP got home we cuddled and she siltently cried, that seemed to help a lot because the next day we were prepared to discuss where we can go from here. And you are so right CD 3 I was more level headed and clear, and now CD 4 I am ready to jump back on that horse LOL! As far as progesterone I was just thinking about asking for that this cycle. What exactly is it for?

Meghan: Indeed it does, it felt like last cycle was "it" but we have a new game plan and more realistic expectations so I am feeling much better!

Papa: I am so sorry to hear about your BFN hug2.gifI wish you and DP all the luck in the world with which ever decision you make! I know that you both will make great parents either way!!

Yeledov: Could it still be too early to know? I still have my fingers crossed for you. I am hoping that your holiday will provide you an opprotunity to relax smile.gif As others have been telling me, you never know a BFP may sneak up on you when you least expect it so COURAGE to you

Max: Oh no! I hope your ankle heals quickly! But that is FANTASTIC to hear that your adoption paperwork & dissertation is almost complete!! We miss you too!!

Lisdea: Hmmm I am not sure as to what could be stalling O, but I am hoping that you will get your postive OPK soon!

RS: Welcome.gifGood Luck at your RE appt and getting a regime going for your PCOS!

Vienna: YAY for insems! And it sounds like your timing was great!

MrsPP: Thank you so much grouphug.gif I am being much more gentle with myself then I was a few days ago. As for you 10DPO is too early to know! But all of your signs sounds wonderful so I am hoping that all of those things line up and you get your BFP by the end of the week!

Whew.... I was worried for a few days there, there wasn't a whole lot of chatter, but then I come back and it seems as though an explosion happened LOL! (That is a great thing!)

AFM: As I have stated above, I have been trying to be more gentle with myself and DP really have been taking these past few days to come up with a good game plan for the future. We did a cyst check on CD 2 and we are cyst free so we are cleared to continue! My RE switched me to Femara (2.5 I think) and I am really hoping that we don't get hyperstimulated again. We have also decided that we are changing banks & donors, not that anything is wrong with PACREPRO it's just that their prices are so expensive and we now realize that this may be a long journey and we will be in the poor house before the baby arrives at this rate. So we are looking into Manhattan Cryo (anyone heard anything about them?) since they have a more ethnically diverse donor pool. We go in next Friday for a follicle check and hopefully insems next weeeknd sometime. Thank you all for all of your words of encouragement and support it is so appreciated!

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone interested in being thread keeper? I'll update everyone tonight...please put updates in BOLD, thanks!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 09-29-2011, 11:58 AM

Welcome, rs11 smile.gif

Lisedea: that seems strange that you would not O suddenly.....perhaps just delayed? Stress, travel, etc can delay. Are you sure you always O?

MrsPP: 10dpo can absolutely be too early smile.gif

Brite: Good for for being gentle with yourself, so important in this process.

Afm: 6 dpo....the days are flying by it seems. I'm having all sorts of achy cramping and lots of creamy cm today. Hoping those are good signs and not just annoyances. In bad news, we just found out we have to hand over $11,000.00 for a special assessment on our townhouse complex. Ugh.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Gelly: I am *semi-raising my hand* unless there is someone else that wants to take the job, or if the group wants to nominate someone else smile.gif Also, can you please move me to Waiting to O

Carmen: Those all sound like GREAT signs!

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Rainbow~ I'll e-mail you tomorrow the thread stuff.

Rs11, MeghanC,and Want2BPapa where would you all like to be on the first page roll call?  I know you all are thinking about taking a break, or adoption or something else..please let me know.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

User Tag List