Queer and Pregnant: October, November and December - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Crystal--Wow! I had been thinking about you and wondering where you've been! Congratulations to you and DP on the arrival of Cohen! What a cutie! I'm so happy you'll be able to take him home soon. It's good to hear that your supply is abundant too. Your labor story sounds pretty empowering. Great job, mama. Be sure to keep up posted on your little one with photos and updates.

2ez...you around, lurking somewhere? If so, we'd love an update!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 PM

Congratulation, Crystal! And welcome to Cohen! I'm glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM

Heeeey girls - Happy New Year (almost!) I am here, and have been lurking a wee bit! It's been crazy since Jagger's arrival - family and friends visiting from out of town, DP working retail holiday hell, me (basically) being a single mother to our 2 boys while she works, DS1's wrestling schedule, and just being tired. But...we're all doing well and we had a wonderful Christmas. The boys received way too much stuff, and I've yet to clean it all up! Our hearth room is trashed still and filled with toys everywhere. I figure I'll leave it that way until this coming week, and then will get motivated to clean it up.

Jagger is 7lbs 13 oz now, and is growing like crazy. I hate it. :( I want him to stay this size forever. He's 8 weeks old and is the love of my life. He's such a wonderful baby, smiles alot and is content just hanging out. He doesn't, however, like his diaper changed and he hates, hates lotion. Weird, huh? But, he's a ton of fun and makes every day and all the 3 am feedings worthwhile. Speaking of feeding, he's strictly on formula, much to my dismay. I tried almost everything in the book with breast feeding, but I simply wasn't producing enough for him to eat exclusively. I worked with a LC for a few weeks, took Fenugreek, milk thistle, and nothing seemed to work. Sigh. I really hoped to BF atleast six months, so we're on 100% formula. I've made peace that it's not happening, but it's still disappointing.

The best news of early 2012 is that we're moving back to Nashville!! Thank goodness! We will find out for sure on Thursday when, but there's still a 10% chance it wont happen. I am hoping and praying that it does. So ready to be out of Memphis.

Crystal - Oh gosh, your birth story had me on the edge. I am so happy to hear Cohen and you are doing well. He's a doll! Jagger had the same issue and couldn't eat the way he should. I hated him being in NICU. I hope you guys get to come home soon. I am a firm believer that letting him out and to his momma will also help get him on the schedule he needs! Congrats!

Qmama - How are YOU feeling momma? I have been terrible about keeping in touch I know.

Happy New Year friends! I wish love and happiness for your families in the New Year! Xoxoxoxo.

Jagger Feet 4.jpg

Owl4.jpg

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 12-31-2011, 01:17 PM

Congratulations to Crystal on the arrival of your son!  He's lovely.  I'm so glad he's doing well and can hopefully come home soon. 

2ez, the pictures of your kids are gorgeous!  I *LOVE* the one of Jagger's feet.  :)  

Nothing much going on here, the wife's newest developments are "boulder boobs" and eating every 2 hours, and then just last night she started experiencing a metallic taste in her mouth.  

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM

Crystal- congrats to your and your DP on the early arrival of Cohen!  Hope your first day of 2012 will see you all at home together!

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:29 PM

2ez, wow, so tiny.  He looks like he's coming right along.  Yay for Nashville!  I'm sorry nursing didn't work as planned.  Y'all certainly had a rough start.

Speaking of things not going as planned, Shay won't take a bottle anymore.  We've been trying the last couple of days with no luck.  He will chew on it but that's about it.  We've only tried 2 styles plus cup and a syringe.  The syringe is the only way he will swallow milk so far.  Poor kid and poor Sara tomorrow, when I go back to work for 16 hours away from him.

We tried to get that iconic shot of a baby on a bear skin rug.  He kept accidentally rolling over, so it was pretty funny.

photo-8-1-1.jpg

Happy New Year.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 PM

New thread!  Join the conversation at Queer, Pregnant and Parenting!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 12-31-2011, 07:45 PM

Crystal- Congrats on your lil man Cohen!!!..Sorry to hear all the trouble you went thru with your hospital stays and all..We had our share and yes it SUCKED!!!!..But well worth it @ the end.Hope your lil man gets to come home soon.

2ez-Thanks for the updates..Jagger is a cute lil guy love all the pics!

Seraf-Shay looks too cute..What a chunkers!

HAPPY NEW YEAR........TO ALL YOU LADIES!!!!

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012

User Tag List