Queer and Pregnant: October, November and December - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 758 Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Welcome queer and pregnant folks!

This is the list for July, August, and September.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant

December 2011
Indigo and DP, EDD December 31

January 2012
KellySF, EDD January 3
Want2BeMumX2, EDD January 8

February 2012
Qmama42, EDD February 14

March 2012
AmyFemme and DP, EDD March 10
Onemommyonemama, EDD March 14

April 2012
Prettyisa, EDD April 10

May 2012
Ad Astra, EDD May 15
Smilingsara, EDD May 16

June 2012
PleasantlyFurious
MumQuest, EDD June 5

July 2012
Go_Vegan

August 2012
DesertSunsets, EDD August 30

Graduates

CrystalPerez, Cohen Anthony Perez born 12/12/11
Mami2mami, Layla Janae born 11/22/11
DAWNMP1, Raya Sylvan, born 11/10/11
2ezforyou, Jagger Stone, born 11/2/11
Seraf: Shay Brock, born 11/1/11
Escher: Son, born 10/24/11
Julietea8: Rowan Kathryn, born 10/16/11
Starling&Diesel: Hawksley Solace, born 10/2/11
AmyPDX: Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11
AmandaHope: Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11
Pigirl: Son, born 7/22/11
Mizyellow: Harrison, born 7/20/11
Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11
Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11
Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11
2HappyMamas: Baby, born 4/16/11
Bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11
LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11
Wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11
Gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11
Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11
Burg: Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11
Korey: Baby girl T, born 1/30/11
Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 1/30/11
Abeecharmer: Twin girls, born 1/10/11
Mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10
Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10
Erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10
Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10
Quasar & Smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10
Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
Megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
Mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
Jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
Ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
Pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
Kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
Wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
Kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
Babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/09.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
Ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/09
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/09
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/09
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/09
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/09
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/09
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/09
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/09
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/09
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/09
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/09
Simcon: G, born 12/28/08
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/08
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/08
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/08
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/08
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/08
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/08
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/08
Mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/08
Kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/08
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/08
Rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/08
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/08
Thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/08
Mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/08
Msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/08
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/08
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/08

Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon

Baby.fatty
Lisedea
Kgulbransen
Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

She's here! joy.gif
#2 of 758 Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Library—at least you know it’s just one more year of mean girls before you get to go and live someplace more friendly! I hope Miss Alice was more happy to see you tonight!

Seraf—As a nice, calm Cancer I am a little terrified to have not one but two Aries family members to contend with. At least my dad is an Aries, also, so I grew up knowing how to deal with all the stubbornness… (PS, I’m rooting with O for another water sign for y’all!) Love the bump!

Mizyellow—having seen cloth baby bums, I don’t know how people can talk themselves into disposable—they’re SOOO much cuter! I realize that there is some time/laundry saving calculation, but for me the adorableness of cloth diapes outweighs the extra laundry any day!

Starling—I hope he doesn’t make you wait for 2 days between them this time! Thinking birthday thoughts your way!

Escher—2.5 miles is impressive! I barely manage to make it around the block before collapsing in a heap on the couch.

Julie—I saved some good vibes for you, too! Come on, baby!

AFM—not much. Watching weird Scottish games footage on PBS—I particularly liked the duck herding. It is making me wish I hadn’t given up Scottish Country Dancing, though. My mom used to do it when she was in college and I got pretty into it in high school, but haven’t managed to take it back up again. Hmm…

She's here! joy.gif
#3 of 758 Old 09-30-2011, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread, isa!  I'd be happy to hunker on down  and give birth to this boy right here.  It's so purdy!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#4 of 758 Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good Lord, Starling~ are you still hunkering?  October's a good time to be born, little mister! Come on out and see yo mamas!!!

Saturday morning smiles from my baby!  Hope it's  a good weekend.  More personals later xoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#5 of 758 Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 AM

thanks for the shiny new thread isa!  how can it be october already???  seriously, this year has flown by! 

everyone appears to be over the tummy bug, finally.  ds2 threw up again sunday night and was out of daycare monday.  he was back tuesday/wednesday then threw up when we got home on wednesday - thankfully in the carport and not the car!!  he stayed home thursday and was back yesterday.  but ds1 had a fever yesterday morning so he was out of pre-k.  so far no one else has a fever!  omg, we need a break!!!!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#6 of 758 Old 10-01-2011, 07:31 AM

isa - thanks threadkeeper! Lovely place you nested here :)

Starling - hunker away. I hope your MW is ready and helpful today :) Can't wait to hear about it, we are all routing for you and thinking of you all today.

indigo - yikes! you all deserve a lovely peaceful weekend to recoup! My sis has 3 boys in a row. Some days she had them lined at the tub puking. Not looking forward to those days...

library - enjoy your weekend away from the mean girls. and also my DP is the working mama and teh BFing mama. WHen she gets home from work my DD says HI! and then right away starts whining and crying for 'milky'. SHe has done this since she was first left in my care (9 month) until this day. Her immediate bad mood is all about garnering sympathy for some breastmilk time/mama time. It is surely surely a huge sign of love. Tiring, yes. Demanding, yes. Trying, yes. But about love not because my DP or you are ruining their day. Definately the opposite! Keep in mind my little whiney darling is almost 2.5!

seraf - wouldn't I LUV if my DW would keep up the breastfeeding, but honestly - she is so done. She has been done for a while and we've been working away at gently weaning. It was my hope to have some time when we were both BFIng - and maybe when the new babe is here she will feel different, but I don't think so. She is really feeling done and ready to have her body back. I respect this 1000%  - and I'm definately okay with being the sole breastfeeder. I hope I like it and that the body cooperates. I do know that if for some reason I can't, she would take some fenugreek and get going again. But if all is good, I can see her feeding the little one for comfort a few times when newborn, but mostly not wanting to.

If she changes her mind, I am open and excited for whatever our mothering looks like this time round.

afm - just sent DW and DD off to their first mama and toddler dance class at the community centre. THey had their fleece and touques (it is cold today here) and their rainbow leggings. Man, my preggy hormones make me all melty gushy. Watching them walk off each eating half a bagel. I love my little fam.

After a few days of feeling no movement (and being worried even though I shouldn't be) I had a great day with this little babe of kicking and moving about. I actually felt my first outside kick for this little one. DW was on the phone and missed it. I can't wait for her to feel it too.

GOt a kitchenaid mixer yesterday and made bread and cookies today. Let the nesting begin! I love to make bread but have found it messy and time consuming with my DD around. SHe likes to help, but it gets even more messy. This makes the work managable and something we can do together. Yippee!

Hope all are well and enjoying a lovely weekend. We are off to the pumpkin farm this afternoon after my massage. Man, what a great day!

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#7 of 758 Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM

OMOM, you sound like you're having a lovely day. I have a recipe for a no kneed bread that my kids can make (besides putting it in the oven and getting it out). I'll share if you like but a quick search for no kneed bread recipe will pull it up. I think Osh wants to make a sourdough starter, so we may be getting back on the bread making train again soon.

Isa, thanks for the shiny new nest, er, thread. Can we place bets on who will give birth on what page,  I've got Starling on page 1 and Julie on page 4. 

Escher, 2 1/2 miles one way or round trip? If it's tiring you out, you could bus half way and walk half way?  I'm trying to get ready, when I say baby safe I just mean hypoallergenic. Ari was such a rashy baby. I use about 1/4 of what I'm suppose to use, and sometimes I will just use baking soda instead of laundry soap when rashes are too  bad. 7th generation is what I got this time around, I'll just use it for baby stuff (clothes and diapers) until the baby stops leaking so much and I switch to throwing diapers and baby stuff in with family clothes. Then everyone will be on something hypoallergenic until the second baby is at least 6 months or so. 

Julie, you are cooking right along!  Feeling ready or excited but happy to wait?

Starling, 2 weeks of prodromal labor sounds awful.  I am excited for your hands to feel better but I don't expect you to post tons with a new born. 

Indigo, I'm glad to hear you all are feeling somewhat better. Hope the boys feel all the way better soon. 

AFM, I'm feeling inspired by Escher's walking and want to get back on my walking. We usually walk a loop that's about a mile (yeah, from our house, up to one end of town, down to the other end and home again is only a mile) but we have been busy and not been walking as a family as much lately.  Speaking of small town life, I had some funny conversations with neighbors yesterday. First, the kids and I talked with one woman, she asked how much longer and I told her and she asked what I was having and I said everyone seems to think it's a boy, and he smiled and said, "it is a boy." then she said she had heard Sara was pregnant but someone else said she lost the baby, so she didn't want to ask her about it. (!) I said as of this morning I hadn't heard of her losing her baby, but she is pregnant. I don't think we have told anyone in town besides my mom, I'm guessing my sister told her boyfriend whose grandma lives in town, but wow. THEN last night when I was coming home, the police car pulled out of it's normal spot and pulled up beside me. This is the young cop who I talk to whenever I run into him. He asked, "Did you pop yet?" and the man must be married because when I told him I'm not due for a month he quickly and gracefully backpeddaled. We chatted for a while before he asked, "Who's the dad?" I'm sure I had a funny look on my face as I looked for something to say because he said, "Or do you know?" I finally got out that I used a frozen donor, like with the other kids. It funny how they hear so much about us but still don't seem to get that we're queer. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#8 of 758 Old 10-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Starling, I'm taking your silence as a good thing.

1-10-11 or 10-01-11 would be a great birthday.

#9 of 758 Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Baby fussing--gotta be quick:

Starling: Thinking of you, your little guy, and your DD and DP!  I hope you're having a magical day.

Seraf: Funny conversation with your neighbors.  Seriously.

Esher: I'm impressed by the 2.5 miles.

AFM: Beautiful day yesterday at the local pumpkin patch and apple orchard.  There are a million activities for kids and a corn maze.  Good  midwestern fun on a crisp sunny autumn day.  And Lilah slept in the sling the WHOLE TIME (3.5 hours), waking up once to nurse briefly in the sling.  We ended with fresh apple cider donuts.  YUM.  (Btw, Isa, we didn't make it to the apple picking part but have the tickets--would you like to come with us not next weekend but the following?) 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#10 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 09:18 AM

Hello-ello-ello-ello?

Everyone have a busy weekend?

Starling, is it going well? Is he here?

AmandaHope, sounds like y'all had good fun.

Not much going on here. Found the wallet I lost back in April when I was switching dressers for the baby and me.

#11 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Indigo—glad everyone’s on the mend! Sheesh, that was a long one, wasn’t it? No 24-hour virus for you!

OMOM—yay for feeling the kick on the outside! I hope your DP gets to feel one soon (if she hasn’t already)!

Seraf—funny story about the cop! I think that sometimes people just don’t think it through before they talk. Also, how rude is it to ask if you know who the father is? Seriously. Would you ever ask that of a straight person, even a single one? Bizarre.

Amanda-- -sigh- we’re always on the wrong schedules, you and I! We’re going to go apple picking next weekend since we’re heading DeKalbward for a birthday party, and since I have to work the next two weekends after that. I need orchard time before it gets all cold and miserable!

AFM—not too much going on here. Tomorrow is the next OB appointment, so hopefully we’ll be able to hear the heartbeat this time. That would be nice—I’m in that weird phase where I think I’m still pregnant but have no real proof other than that I am now chubbier than usual. But some reassurance would be nice to carry me through until I start to feel some kicking! DP has started a nasty habit of announcing every morning how late she is (she's not) and needs to get out of bed RIGHT NOW and that soon we’ll have to start getting up even earlier because there will be snow and boots and coats and whatnot. This has been happening earlier and earlier, and it pisses me off. She’s a night person, so she makes me stay up later than I want to cuddle and talk before we fall asleep, but I’m a morning person, and I want my cuddle-talking to happen when I wake up, dammit! I’ve taken to telling her that in 6 months we’ll have no control over when we wake up so we might as well enjoy it while we can, but she doesn’t listen…Hmpf.

She's here! joy.gif
#12 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Starling: 2whistle.gif

Isa:  Are you apple picking next Sat or Sun?  If it is Sunday, we could probably join you, though my BFF will be in town visiting (sure she'd like to meet you all and do some picking anyway ;-).  Sat. is Yom Kippur, and though I'm planning on playing hookey to hang out with my friend, Laura and Z will be at services.  I figure that I can't fast anyway, since I'm BFing, right?  As for your morning/ night cuddling/talking dilemma, it strikes me as kind of sweet.  And you are right that soon enough, individual preferences about how you use your time will be entirely irrelevant.  Enjoy these squabbles while you can.  Let us know how your OB appt goes--I hope you get to hear the heartbeat!  So exciting!

Seraf: Glad you found that wallet!  Did it still have money and stuff in it, or was it just the wallet itself?

Sara: Would you please send me that info again about how to file share so that I can FINALLY upload the Hypnobabies tracks (ideally before Escher actually gives birth!)?  There are so many posts that I'm having trouble finding the original one that you generously posted for me with the links.  Also, how are you feeling and doing?  Yay for still being pregnant! 

AFM: I think L has her first cold :-(.  She is coughing and is congested.  She couldn't sleep well overnight lying down, so I held her and dozed for part of the night.  Yawn.  I used the Snot Sucker this morning.  It worked once I sprayed a bit of saline up her nose first, but boy did she scream.  I would, too, no doubt.  Poor bean. Her naps are all on me today (nice, actually).  And the weather is unbelievable today!  It is like 70 degrees, sunny, and clear as can be.  Hmm...it may be time for another walk, though my back does protest with L in the sling all day.

I just went back and looked at the donor profile and video for Lilah's donor.  It was strange.  She definitely resembles him, though not in that super striking she MUST be his kid kind of way.  And then (like 5 minutes later), I got an email from a woman who found me through Donor Sibling Registry (yup, I signed up there while I was pregnant, though no one else using our donor was registered at that time).  She wants to know how things are going with the baby, whether I'd "recommend" the donor (??), and whether I'd be interested in being in contact with her and her family.  She is choosing her donor in part according to whether other families with that donor's offspring would be open to contact and communication.  WOW.  It had never occurred to me to consider that when choosing a donor.  DSR is really changing the landscape, apparently. 

So...QOTD: For those using anonymous/WTBN donors, have you or would you register with DSR?  Why or why not?  And either way, would you be interested in having contact with the "bio half-siblings" of your child? 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#13 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Hi Everyone,

Isa: Thanks for the cozy new thread! May it bring you lots of pregnancy luck, whatever that looks like. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and that you're able to hear the heartbeat. The heartbeat is such nice reassurance before you can feel movement.

Starling: I hope you're having a wonderful time with your new little one!

AmandaHope: I'm sorry that L has a cold. I hope that she feels much better soon! I haven't looked at our donor's profile in months. I bet it will be interesting to look at the profile and baby pictures once our baby is actually here. Fresh apple cider donuts sound totally amazing right now.

QOTD: We're already registered with the DSR. We also plan to join the family contact list at our sperm bank as soon as we can (when the kid is born). At this point we're just somewhat interested in meeting other children with the same donor, but we want to be able to tell our child that we did what we could to find their donor siblings. I have no idea if we'll ever be contacted by other people who used this donor or by the donor himself, and if it ever happens we'll have to figure out then how much contact we want.

Seraf: A wallet sounds like a useful thing to find! It is 2.5 miles each way, so for the last month or so I've been walking to work and taking the bus home. People say such weird things when they see a pregnant person.

OMOM: A mama and toddler dance class sounds adorable. I hope your pumpkin patch and massage day was great!

AFM: I think our baby may have been posterior for most of the weekend. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I couldn't feel the bum for a few days and I was having a lot of pain on my left side, which is the side the bum is generally on these days. I could feel the bum some this morning and the pain is reduced although still there. I have no idea if this theory makes any sense, but hopefully I can get the baby to keep spinning and hopefully that will help my back to feel better. I have an appointment with a chiropractor for tomorrow, so hopefully that will help too.
I feel like I still have a LOT to do considering we're going to be full term on Thursday. I definitely hope that this baby doesn't come for at least a couple of weeks.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#14 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM

Isa, sadly people often ask that question of young-ish mothers. They don't think. 

AmandaHope, just a debit card, drivers license and a couple of receipts.  I found 10 bucks in a different pair of pants, tho. 

Escher, mine turned posterior all weekend, too. How weird is that? And now that I'm 35 weeks tomorrow I feel bad for teasing you about how close you're getting. There is so much to do to feel ready! My DDC has a couple of babies already and I keep seeing 35 weekers online, I want another month!!!

Aotd, my kids have siblings, I don't think much about it. I think the kids may be interested in it later in their lives.  Ari has a KD, so we are friends with her donor's son. They look nothing alike but they adore each other and share a milk allergy. Last time I checked O had a single donor sib listed. I don't think our current bank is even on the list. 

All that said, if Lisedea gets pregnant with the same donor as Sara, we will certainly try to keep in touch with her. There are some interesting things to be learned. 

#15 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM

QOTD: we haven't decided about the DSR. last time I checked, no one had registered as of then but I believe he was a newish donor when we conceived. I am part of a group on baby center dot com and in contact with a few ppl with donor sibs. also, we plan on keeping in touch with 2ez, our babes share the same donor. DP and I don't want DS to know these kids as any sort of "sibling", however we don't mind the idea of them knowing each other, esp as he gets older and shows interest. we really like the idea of keeping in touch via Internet in case he ever wants to seek them out esp since we have a completely anon donor.

I'm interested to see what everybody else thinks!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#16 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

AHope—Saturday. We’re going on the Pullman walking tour on Sunday, or I’d switch it up for you! How weird to be asked if you’d recommend your donor—what on earth would make you say ‘no’? I mean, you have a gorgeous, healthy baby—how could anyone not recommend him? Also bizarre. Also, how strange to base your choice of family-building on whether other people who made that choice are nice or not. If they are, great! If not, you still are a family, right? Weird, weird, weird.

Escher—good luck turning that kid around! Hopefully you’ll have a few weeks to get there, though! What else is left on your list?

QOTD—I think we’re very likely to sign up and look for donor sibs. I like the idea of having other kids out there who are in the same boat (genetically and otherwise) as ours, and possibly getting to know them. My little fantasy is that if we like any of the other families well enough we could be sort of like distant cousins—pictures and emails a couple times a year (maybe facebook friends?) and possibly visiting or going on a joint-ish vacation every few years so the kids can get to know each other. I was very sad when it didn’t work out to use the same donor as Wehrli and 2EZ, since I already know where (and who!) you two are, but I expect there’ll be other families out there who want to meet someday. I realize this is a little optimistic—it’s possible that we’ll change our minds once the baby is born and we’re feeling more protective, but so far I’ve had such good luck meeting people through this process that I can’t help but hope that it will continue in the future!

She's here! joy.gif
#17 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM

Hey everyone~  Starling? Anything? Thinking of you all day!!!

AHope~ A day at an event with a sleeping baby sounds amazing! Congrats and I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

Seraf~How's everything at home? I can't imagine a dual-pregnancy household. Sara still barfy?

OMOM~ Thanks for your perspective on Alice's 'dislike' of me. I know it's not true, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

Indigo~Sorry everyone was sick! NO good!!!

Isa~ I remember that feeling! I'm so glad you get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow. There'll be plenty of kicking pretty soon!

Escher~  Posterior's no good. Time to rebozo!!  I think that's what they call it? Hilarious word!  I can't believe you're almost term! 

Who am I missing? Much love!

Keeping my head down at work, thanks for all your kindness re the Mean Girl.  I still wish one of us was an artist so we could make Titty Ninja Comix.  Alice is napping in the swing now. She had a fussy night, but I think the introduction to solid foods is giving her tummyache/constipation. Prune time!! OOpe, eyeballs!  Talk soon xoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#18 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 03:57 PM

hi ladies!! 

Sorry about the silence on my behalf. I've been working like a crazy person and for the past week if I haven't been working, I've been oh so sick and laying in bed or currled up in a chair in the kitchen. I think I'm ready to be back to just one job and not waking up at 4 in the morning. I'm thrilled we're done working on the rental house, that has also been very tiring. 

My doctor's appointment was rescheduled to this afternoon, so I just got home from it. My doctor was delivering a baby when I got to the office, but I opted to wait for her. While I waiting I talked with the nurse some. She asked me why I was there today and I told her I was pregnant. She looked at my chart and said "How did that happen?!!!". I smiled and said it was magic. She said "No really. I ask everyone that. But really, how did it happen?" I then told her how. She was really excited. I think Sara and I are the only gay couple they have there. 

Then when the doctor finally came in she gave me a huge hug! She's so excited it worked for us! She gave me some things to try for being so sick (she offered them before I could even ask for some suggestions). She told me to take 50 mg of B6 at night, that I could try Unisom (which the pharmist at Walmart looked up and said it's been used for minor m/s) and she also told me to eat lots of Ginger. Then she also gave me a perscription if none of that worked and I wanted to try other meds. I thanked her about a million times and then she asked if I was ready to see the baby. I said YES!!!

The baby is measuring a bit smaller than I thought. They decided to move the due date to the insemination day (because we knew exactly when that was).  My new due date is May 19th. I'm still going to say I turn the weeks on tuesdays! I got to see the tiny peanut and hear the heartbeat! Its 156 and she said the baby and sac all look very strong! I'm beaming I'm SO excited! 

I have some pictures of the tiny little with with the giant head growing inside me! 

photo-7.jpg photo-6.jpg

Really its jsut a blog, but I'm SO in love and am ever so convinced I'm pregnant now (although the throwing up was helping convince me!)!

Thanks everyone for asking about me! I'll try to keep up as best as I can now! Hopefully I'll have more to say.

AmandaHope: The link is sendspace.com. If you can't figure it out (its very easy) I can walk you through it. And if you'd feel like sharing the hippnobabies with us, I'd REALLY appreciate it! 

Question: What do you guys think of me e-mailing the pictures to my parents?! And just letting them figure it out?! Bad idea right?! I need to tell them SOON! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#19 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Isa—what a lovely new thread and comfy place to have this babe. Thanks!! The morning stuff with your DP struck a note for me. We have some hard mornings around my house just because commuting sucks in general and anxiety is high. I’m so interested in how this will all shake out with a baby, but we’ll get into a flow at some point or another I’m sure. How did the appointment go? Did you hear that great heartbeat? Can you voice record it on your phone so you can hear it whenever you want?

Indigo—glad to hear that you and yours are feeling better. Oh my… the day when my household full of folks comes down with the stomach bug will be a whole new adventure for me.

OMOM—glad you’re feeling lots of kicks and enjoy the new mixer. We’re planning to do a bit of baking before this babe comes on the scene.

Seref—I’m really excited but happy to wait. We feel like we’re about as ready as we’re going to get. Although, I’ve got some stuff to cook and bake this week. The really weird thing is the later I get the less preg I feel. Baby’s dropped to at least -2 so I’m freer up top; also I just don’t feel many hormonal surges these last couple of weeks. And, tons of energy. Maybe she’s coming soon. Your small town convos gave me a laugh. Good learning for folks around you.

Amanda—ummm, Midwest fall. I miss it. Apple cider and donuts at the cider mill was one of the best things about childhood. Oh, I thought of you at Whole Foods yesterday when I came across goat cheese brie. Yum. Sorry to hear that L is sick. Oh my is my feeling on the whole DSR thing. . . . first of all, what a weird question regarding the recommendation. We’re hanging back for a bit on that decision. Feeling the need to adjust to parenting before we consider reaching out to other families, although we’re open. We were the last family before his limit. I think there are 12 other kids out there—likely many of them in the East Bay. Our midwife tells a really interesting story about this. So, in addition to her midwifery practice, she has a side business of doing at-home IUIs around here. One time, she was doing an IUI and as she picked up the vial to begin she noticed that it was the donor she’d used! She waited until they signed up for the DSR and told the family that they’d used the same donor. Wild, huh?

Escher—glad to hear she turned back. This one has had her bum on my right side for 2 months now barring one or two days where she spun fully around and faced the other direction. But, she’s back to her same old place now. Did your chiropractor help with the pain?

Starling—what’s cookin’?

AFM: Not much here. Had a bit of a rough night… as we fell asleep, DW said she was having a bit of a “bad feeling” about the baby. She’s never once said anything like this. In fact, always just the opposite. I was half asleep and said not to worry, everything is fine. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I hadn’t felt the babe much the day before (she’s been bouncing around like crazy lately). So, I tickled and prodded a bit and got nothing (also odd). I woke up this morning with no movement and with my belly feeling really small and… just different. They MWs had me go in for the heart rate part of an NST this morning… and she’s just fine. I’m getting mixed messages … don’t worry, she’s fine… but, if you don’t feel anything for a couple of hours call me. My worry level has been pretty darn low lately, so this late pregnancy, over 35 stuff is getting on my nerves. But, now this afternoon we’re doing some cervix punches… Yowch.

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.
#20 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Sara.... love those pics! I'm glad your practice is working for you and giving you help with M/S. I don't know what's in them, but if you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have good, cheap ginger candies that helped me quite a bit.

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.
#21 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM

juliet: Thanks! I'll stop at one some time this week and pick up some. There isn't a trader joe's near here but lots in columbus where I'll be everyday for the rest of the week! Any baby yet?! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#22 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Julie, *hugs* I'm glad to hear the NST went well. It's scary when they don't cooperate with the poke and prod test. I have heard they get less active toward the end. And I seem to recall that a burst of energy is a good sign, too

#23 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm here, I'm here!  Not a lot of time to post with personals, but here are some pics and a few details of my imperfect perfect birth.

We aimed for a homebirth and were doing well with it until everything grinded to a halt at about 130am on October 2nd, much to everyone's surprise.
Baby decided he was not going to be born vaginally at all, and had turned himself to block the birth canal.  After a very painful and unpleasant trip to Women's Hospital via ambulance (not my proudest moment, hello colleagues), we laboured some more in hopes that he would turn, but he didn't.  Many tears later, there I was in the operating room getting the caesarian I'd been so afraid of.
He looks just like his big sister did in those first few hours and days ... it will interesting to see if they resemble each other as they get older.
I left the hospital today, earlier than I should've, but I wanted to get home to E and am glad that I did. 

Our little family is together for the first time tonight! 

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

megincl likes this.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#24 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Yeah Starling! I am so very glad that you delivered safely, although I know the disappointment of not getting the birth you wanted. He is absolutely gorgeous and I love the two photos. How sweet! It is wonderful to hear an update from you and I am sooo glad your family will be together at home tonight. Rest well and congratulations to you all!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#25 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Starling! He's so beautiful! I'm so glad everyone is safe and at home (I've been stalking this thread several times a day!!). Welcome to the world, little one!! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#26 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Oh, Starling!!! So beautiful!!! Welcome to the world little.... er, I just realized we may not know the name on here. Welcome.gif Anyway, welcome, welcome perfect one!Welcome.gifWhile reading of your unplanned C, I felt as I often do with these birth stories.... so touched and moved that they really are an imperfect perfection because here's your child healthy and safe in your arms! Thinking of you resting, healing, safe and happy with your family. All good things to you all. flower.gif

#27 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 PM

Welcome little one.. He is one pretty baby!! I am so sorry you did not get the birth you hoped for.. but your son in here and safe in your arms!! 

Does he have a name yet? Congrats to you and DP and DD.. she looks so happy next to her baby brother!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#28 of 758 Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Sara--Congrats on the great ultrasound! Sounds like you had a really good appointment too. I am sooo sorry that you are feeling tired and pukey. That is no fun and I empathize with you. Early pregnancy was so rough for me too. I hope that the B6 helps you (it didn't help me so I've got lots left). I have two bottles of it from Walgreen's and can easily put some in the mail for you if you PM me. I also did Unisom at night when I was really in the throes of being sick, and it's totally safe and will help you get good sleep too. It was actually first developed as an anti-nausea/anti-emetic, but it made people so sleepy that they decided to market it as a sleep-aid instead to hit a wider audience. It sounds like you're super busy with working too; I hope your schedule lets up soon so that you can get some good rest in.

Seraf--I hope there was extra money or some cool poem that you wrote and thought you lost in that wallet of yours! How are you feeling? I hope the soreness lets up. I'm sure that it's probably not stopping you from making homemade soup, sewing wool undies and all of the other amazing projects that you are always working on!

Julietea--Sorry to hear about the scare. I'm hoping her lack of activity today is due to her running out of room or just having a lazy day. Take it easy and keep us posted! You are getting so close that I hope we'll be hearing about her safe arrival any day now. Oh yeah, any more decisions on encapsulating?

Isa--Can't wait to hear about your OB appt! I hope you get to hear a nice clear, strong heartbeat!  And may you transition to bumpaliciousness soon--I hear you about the awkward, chubby phase. I loved read your fantasy about donor sib connections too. I love that social, connectedness that you seem to love and I only wish I had been feeling more myself when you were here so we could have chatted more!

Indigo--Wow, seems that your family has had their share of stomach bugs over the last few months. I hope everyone is on the mend. How is DP feeling these days?

Library--I hope Alice is having a better night tonight. I had to use the old prune remedy with DD once...I foolishly gave it to her right before bed and at 4 a.m. I woke up to lots of grunting and back-to-back loaded diapers. I was relieved (and so was she!), but simultaneously a little grossed out. But Alice is still pretty young so hopefully it won't be as bad.

Ahope/QOTD--The DSR...we signed up when DD was a few months old. We were the first to post our donor's profile. For us, since we didn't know of we'd ever find out the identity of our donor, we wanted to do the legwork to make it easier for DD in case she wanted to know about donor siblings as she grows up. When we chose an anonymous donor, part of the reason we did that was because we knew the DSR existed. So far, one other family has also posted a profile and contacted us. We found out about 9 months ago that DD has triplet boy donor sibs. I was thrilled when I found out because it was the first contact we had with another family. So far, it has been really nice. We've exchanged photos and updates a couple of times and it has been really non-invasive. I feel comforted knowing that there are others out there, but I don't feel burdened or obligated to have a relationship. We are going to leave it up to the kids as they get older and in the mean time, be in touch via email occasionally. I think both of our families are on the same page in terms of expectations and that is really nice. It was never a consideration of our to vet donors through contacting other people on the DSR though. It seems that that may be overthinking it a bit too much, but maybe she's got some really good reason. For us, we found someone we liked, jumped in with both feet and took our chances that we might connect with other families. It has worked out marvelously for us so far.

Okay, it's way late and I need to get to bed to get this baby some rest. I'm sorry I didn't get to everyone, but I am thinking of you all. Hi escher, hi OMOM, wehrli, 2ez, others...

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#29 of 758 Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 AM

Starling! Congratulations! He's beautiful. Welcome to the world, little one!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

I hope that you are healing well and that you all are resting comfortably now at home.

Hooray!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#30 of 758 Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 AM

Congratulations Starling!!! love.gif  I've been popping in here to see if you had popped yet!  He's absolutely beautiful and handsome.  I'm glad you're now home and hope that your first night all together was blissful.  I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted and had the imperfectly perfect one instead.  Here's to celebrating your baby boy's arrival and enjoying these precious newborn days. joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gifjoy.gif

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page