Queer Conceptions: October 2011 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

i have a quick question for the experts (yoohoo, Krista?)  i'm going to try to do an ICI this time to give myself a better chance, but i can't find any information of what kind of catheter is used to do it.  does anyone know?  do i absolutely need one?  DP is searching all these French sites and coming up with things like anuscopes and things that look like they should be used on horses.  has anyone done an ici before?  a huge merci in advance for any help!

Nos: You don't have to do an ICI with a catheter. Unless you really feel like you can't find the cervix at all or get anywhere near it. I assume you are doing an ICI, not an IUI. Obviously a catheter is used for an IUI but that would require someone such as a midwife teaching you how to do it.

Someone else here is probably better equipped to answer what the best catheter for ICI use is. I've never used one and hadn't really thought about it until now. Mmmmm....

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#272 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Sky: You can find us at: www.youtube.com/user/MomandMommy shy.gif No problem I know what it feels like to be without support from family so know that we are all here for you! As far the cramping, I have experienced it the day of an insem but it was because it was O Day, so hopefully that means great timing for you!!

Tiney: I am happy to hear that you and DP have found a Queer friendly Ob/Gyn! That has to be one of the most nerve wreckings things in this process, and we are right there with ya! YAY for your spermies coming from Seattle! I will be sending it lots of luck as it is coming from the Emerald City where we live joy.gifSorry to hear about your cold greensad.gif if you can find a super supplements or somewhere that carries Yin Chiao track some down it helps a lot with colds (the natural way!)

Krista: I couldn't help but giggle at the relief I am sure your BFF felt when you let her off the hook lol.gif I have never heard of self-inseminating but I am sure it can be done. But you know what? You aren't even going to need to because you will be preggers!!

MrsPP: Fingers crossed tightly for you!!

Handerson: Thank you! Apparently 9DPO was the magic number for yesterday LOL!

LezzyFamDiary: hug2.gif Oh honey I am SO sorry to hear that! I am sending you lots of strength & courage that your Dr. is able to figure out a solution and get you pregnant soon!

Tilly:broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif We are Due Date Buddies!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!

Invitin:  Awww thank you so much your reply brought me to tears!! I am so sorry that you are having an awful week hug2.gifI am sorry that the mean red headed witch played an evil trick on you af.gifAs far as the trigger shot, it is basically a shot that finishes maturing your mature egg and it releases the egg within a certain time period. It can really help pinpoint ovulation and although I was a bit skeptical of it to begin with I think it played a major factor in our BFP, it also helps supplement progesterone. We used it in conjunction with u/s to make sure that we actually had a mature folly. Take this time to pamper yourself, as Kritsa told me last month when I was back at CD1 today is going to be the worse day and there will be a lot of emotions in the next couple of days so you have to take good care of yourself! And also Acupuncture is great for TTC and overall general health it really helps you relax and center! hug2.gif

Lisdea: I so happy to hear it's good news for your Progesterone test!!

Dandy: Welcome Back!! Thank you so so much! We have been on this road together and I have truly appreciated your support! I am sorry to hear that you will have a delay in your process but I am happy that the Doc was able to figure out what was going on so that it can be corrected and you can get that BFP!!

Nos: I have heard a lot of different takes on ICI insems. DP and I did not use a catheter when we were doing ICI insems, we used a dropper a she tried her best to drop the spermies into the Os. But I know there are some couples that have used a cathether for ICI insems, also our Naturopath used a catheter last month for our ICI insem.

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#273 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 04:03 PM

help.gifI am so sorry to keep freaking out but something happened to me just a few minutes ago. I experienced a few mild cramping than a small amount of light pinkish to light brown discharge what is this?? I am 5 days pass positive opk but 4 days pass ici. have anyone experienced this discharge situation?

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#274 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyandtru View Post

help.gifI am so sorry to keep freaking out but something happened to me just a few minutes ago. I experienced a few mild cramping than a small amount of light pinkish to light brown discharge what is this?? I am 5 days pass positive opk but 4 days pass ici. have anyone experienced this discharge situation?

Sky: I know it's hard not to freak out when you're new to the process but don't worry. Not everyone has the same signs, symptoms and experience, but all of this can be normal. It's a little early for potential implantation spotting (that's usually between  and 10DPO) so it may just be mid cycle spotting.

Have you ever had mid cycle spotting before? For some people mid cycle spotting is normal (although can signal something worth getting checked out). If it hasn't happened to you before, it could just be in relation to the ICI.

Also, brown means old blood. Pink means new blood. If you had ovulation bleeding (which some people do get) the brown could have signified that bleeding.

Again, I really wouldn't be worried about it if it's just spotting.

Good luck!

Krista

#275 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Kgulbransen- I was thinking the same thing about it being too early for implantation spotting. I have never experienced mid cycle spotting or ovulation bleeding but I guess the body goes through changes sometimes. DW is worrying her little head off good thing there hasn't been anymore spotting. Thank you for the support I feel much better now (not so much DW)

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#276 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Hey all!  

I've been following along, mostly from my phone which is a pain to post responses on so I've been MIA.  I haven't gotten to congratulate all the BFPs!!!  I'm so incredibly excited and happy for you all.  Here is a tardy veggie celebration: 

joy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Also sounds like there are quite a number of queers coming out of the TWW, so hopefully more veggies to come!  They are ready to dance, and dance again!  

LezzyFam, I wanted to wish you a belated WELCOME! and also say I'm so sorry that your eggs didn't fertilize.  Let us know how your appointment goes.  

TineyDreams, I know you were venting a little while ago, but I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain.  Ignorance and homophobia seem to abound, especially when we are at our most insecure/sensitive/vulnerable times.  Your brother has issues that are solely HIS to work on, this isn't about you.  I have plenty of devout Christian friends who have no problem being my friend and loving me for who I am, even if they disagree with my lifestyle.  They keep that part to themselves.  Christianity teaches to love one another, he is being "inappropriate" for holding you at such a distance and coming across so condescendingly.  I know when it's family, it's even more painful.  Keep your chin up.  

Lise!  That's awesome about your progesterone.  It's about time something went right!

Dandy, so just the contact from KD's sperm gave you that infection?!  WTF.  I'm glad it's fixable, but jeez.  Sorry you have to delay your insems another month.  :(  Good luck on Clomid, several ladies here have used it.  Yes, intrauterine is the right term!  I hope that is the exact combination you need.  j

nosreves, I forgot to congratulate you on getting your trigger prescription!  HOORAY!!! We use catheters for both our at-home ICI and IUI inseminations.  I use the same type of catheter for each one (obviously not the same catheter!  They're each individually wrapped and sterile, which is important).  Technically speaking, an ICI is when the sperm is placed inside your cervix, so it can carefully be droppered into the os, or you can put the catheter into the os of the cervix (very shallowly) and slowly push the sperm in that way.  The cervix doesn't have a ton of space for the swimmers, so you have to do it super slow or it just comes back out the os.  A lot of women pull the sperm up into a syringe, insert into the vaginal canal and just push all the sperm out there.  That is an IVI (intravaginal insemination), although most women still refer to it as an ICI.  Since we use frozen sperm, there usually isn't a ton of volume, but if you're using fresh you'll need a larger syringe than the little 1cc syringe we use.  This is the kind of catheter we use: http://www.shop.inseminationsupplies.com/Catheter-Double-3002.htm  Good luck!

I'm sure I've missed several of you, I'll be sure to catch up with you soon! 

Afu, things have been busy and kind of sad around here.  And everyone is/has been some semblance of sick recently, so that is always good.  NOT.  We found out on Monday that our kids are going to be transitioned back to their mother and her boyfriend soon.  They are going to start by having weekends at her house; we only have three weekends left with them.  The plan is to return them permanently after the 4 yr old finishes preschool for the semester on December 16th, I assume they will go home that night for good.  We were anticipating having them for Christmas and likely New Year's, but that isn't looking likely to happen.  Everyone keeps asking how we feel about it... it's more bitter than sweet, for sure.  DW and I have talked about it, and I'm really looking forward to having my time with just her (and hopefully a pregnancy!) again... but I can't have that until these guys go.  And that isn't really what I want.  We're just trying to focus on being able to sleep in again on Saturdays, and stay out late, and pick up and go wherever we want whenever we want.  We can't bear to think about what their little lives will be like back at home.  I'm terrified for them.  In a terribly selfish way, I'm so glad that I won't ever know what becomes of them.  I don't think I could handle that.  Their mom just gave birth to their new baby brother last Wednesday, and he's gorgeous and perfect.  And it breaks my heart.  In so many different ways.  It's beyond unfair that this woman now has four children who were unplanned, with four different fathers, and has had three of them removed by CPS for the past eight months.  And now all the kids are going home.  But on top of it, she's been given this beautiful new life, a healthy baby boy, when there are so many of us who are trying so hard to have healthy pregnancies and babies.  Uggggh.  Dwelling on it only brings my anger and bitterness and sorrow to the surface, but it seems that's all I can do lately.  

In other news, the swim team is arriving on Tuesday.  On to the next try...  

Here is a photo we took last weekend at a Pumpkin Farm.  

DSC_0796.JPG

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#277 of 293 Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 AM

Ranibow: thumb.gif  oooooo! Thanks for the Yin Chiao advice! I need look some up smile.gif About the Ob/Gyn….I really hope she’s the one for us. We’re both very nervous and excited!! Thanks for the encouraging words.

DesertSunsets: Thank you so much! Your words made my day so much brighter—I try not to think about my conversation with him…but it’s so hard. He really hurt me. DP has been doing a very good job of making me feel better. Sometimes I just wish I could tell my family that “it’s over, I wanna break up with you guys!” Anyway, thanks so much for the kind words!

PS. Wow! You and your DW are foster parents! That sounds so tough! The “selfish” feeling you are going through about not knowing what becomes of their future is normal. I hope this doesn’t sound too harsh, BUT  I think it would be extremely difficult and probably not healthy for your spirits to “wonder” too much about them after they are gone. Just think of how you and your DW have impacted this stage of their lives—you may never know what you have saved them from. And I totally understand that feeling of anger towards this lady (and so many others like her), who have an endless amount of children with no desire for them! How can THEIR families be more socially acceptable than ours?!!?! yikes2.gifUgh.. Hope you feel better soon.   

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#278 of 293 Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Congratulations, Rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother to one dd .
#279 of 293 Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSunsets View Post

Dandy, so just the contact from KD's sperm gave you that infection?!  WTF.  I'm glad it's fixable, but jeez.  Sorry you have to delay your insems another month.  :(  Good luck on Clomid, several ladies here have used it.  Yes, intrauterine is the right term!  I hope that is the exact combination you need.  j

Hey Desert, Not sure if that's what caused it, but, aside from the sperm, I haven't had hetero contact in 20 years. :)  So, I'm just guessing on that one... It's not something they check for in a typical pap test, so who knows how long I've had it for.  Anyway, I'm very excited to be done with this waiting period and to start inseminating with confidence that everything's working like it should, swimmers included. 

So the kids are heading home?  I can understand your mixed feelings on that one, and your anger at the ease with which everyone else seems to get pregnant when they're not even trying.  I know you'll miss the little tykes, but I hope you enjoy the new-found time with your partner!  I overheard a woman on my derby team complaining about her little one the other day, and I had to pretend to have a near-sneeze in order to explain  my eyes welling up. It was a completely unexpected emotional response.  I know she loves her little guy, and I know we  will all need to vent as parents, but in the moment, it was a reaction out of a I'm-having-a-sensitive-day moment.  This process affects us at levels we're not always aware of.

Good luck with the new swimmers on Tuesday!!

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#280 of 293 Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Dandy, you made me LOL.  Regardless, I'm glad the infection is getting cleared up and your waiting is coming to an end.  I know just what you mean about having sensitive moments or sensitive days, it can be so difficult.  I struggle when I see mothers out with their kids at the store or wherever, and they are just so mad at their kids all the time.  Yesterday we had to run in to Walmart, that's always a depressing trip to start with, but the Saturday before Halloween it was chock full of screaming kids and screaming parents.  

The kids are going home soon, yes.  Six weeks, actually, I just looked at the calendar.  We've had them since April, so six weeks is just a drop in the bucket.  

We've known they were likely to go home since we first received them; we've been sure they'd go home since September, but we just found out the time frame last week.  It's one thing to know in the back of your mind that they're probably going home between school semesters, but that time is fast approaching so each day brings some more realization that this is really happening.  It's been surreal, that we went from having zero kids to having a baby and a 3 year old overnight - that was certainly a difficult transition.  But now I can hardly remember what it was like to have weekends to ourselves.  I'm wondering what we're going to do with our time.  

Tonight we're taking them to the zoo, for Howl-O-Ween, then tomorrow they have costume parades at school and daycare.  We're looking forward to having these last two holidays with them - Halloween and Thanksgiving.  

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#281 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 07:11 AM

nosreves - je suis desole, no catheter ICI experience here...

lise  - !!!!!!! so happy for your good blood test results !!!!!

as for me - still waiting to o. getting into my customarily long timeframe - today is cycle day 22.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#282 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 AM

I can be threadkeeper this month unless there is someone else that really wants to be.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#283 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 AM

dandy -- oh that's terrible about the infection.  i guess it's one of the risks we take in using KDs and fresh, but it's still a bit scary.  i'm glad you're able to treat it and get back on the rollercoaster.  i'm on clomid this month for the third time, and i know other gals on here have taken it.  feel free to ask questions or vent if you need to (it makes me very emotional...)  welcome back, btw!

krista --  no no, we're definitely going for ICI and not IUI.  no access to washed sperm here, so it's really our only option.  so far we've been doing something closer to IVI with just a syringe, but this time around, i want to use a speculum and something that will allow us to deposit the sperm directly on the os. with my cm problems, that seems the smartest choice.  what day are you on now, btw?  and how are you feeling?

rainbow -- thanks for the input.  what you said about dropping the sperm directly onto the os gave me an idea, and we ended up ordering some graduated pipettes to attempt a similar manoeuver. how are you feeling these days, and how long til the first u/s?  sending big, warm hugs your and DP's way.

desert -- merci for the link!  that was exactly what i was looking for.  unfortunately, we couldn't find anything like it here in france (at least not available to the public), so as i mentioned to rainbow, we went ahead and ordered pipettes to use in a kind of dropper fashion.  it sounds complicated, and i'm wondering about all of it spilling back out.  DP thinks we should close the speculum when we're finished and just leave it in for a while while my hips are raised. i guess we'll see what works after we've tried.  btw, i'm so sad to hear that your foster kids are going back to their mother.  there's a part of me that wants to be optimistic and think that she'll change and begin to be a good mother to her children, but i've lived long enough to know that those kinds of cycles of abuse and neglect are hard to break.   watching those two little souls you've nurtured go back to uncertainty and instability must be heartbreaking. and i second what tineydreams said above.  i'm *sure* the time those kids have spent with you and DP has had a huge positive impact on them.  they'll always carry that little seed of love and care that you have planted in them, and that will surely give them strength in the time to come.   i hope that the light at the end of this sad tunnel will be a BFP and your own little bundle of joy.  

afm ...  AF arrived yesterday as expected, and i began my third round of clomid last night.  normally i do days 2-6, but after reading a few studies and looking at the availability of my donors, i decided to move things forward a day.  i'll go in for an ultrasound on cd10, and if i have one or more follicles that are 18+mm, i will trigger the next day.  i've decided not to take the estriol, because it just messed me up too much mentally the last time, and i think it delayed my ovulation by almost a week.  i'm also doing baby aspirin, fertility yoga poses, femoral massage, red raspberry leaf tea and acupuncture to try to improve my lining.  i'm taking the highest possible dose of EPO for cm.  i've got my fingers crossed that i'll be ready to insem around the 11th or 12th of nov, because the donors probably won't be available afterwards.   in other news, i'm leaving for amsterdam tomorrow morning, and i'll be gone until saturday night.  i am sooo looking forward to this time with an old friend in a city i love.  it's the first time in two years that i'll be going somewhere to visit a friend.  as lovely as paris is, it's been quite lonely for me, so i definitely could use the time with someone i can talk to and be myself with.   i'll still be catching up on everyone in between long talks, walks and bicycle rides, though.  

it's not really celebrated over here but Happy Halloween to all of ya'll where it is.  eat some candy for me!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#284 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 AM

go for it Lise!  and here's hoping that threadkeepers luck is with you!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#285 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM

MrsPP- Come on, don't leave me hanging here! Are you testing this cycle or no???

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#286 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 AM

KS - Ha! Sorry! I tested yesterday (12dpo) and it was negative. I did not test this morning because I just didn't want to see another white stick. Temps are dropping. AF is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Wed but I think it could be as early as today - I just have a feeling. I am sad, of course, but yesterday DW and I decided to go ahead and look at donors again just in case. We wanted to have a  list this time in case our first choice was not available like last month (we ended up with #3 but only after a slight freak out - this time wanted to be prepared). ANYWAY - the bank just released about 5 or 6 new guys in the last two weeks and I kid you not - one of them is a dude Nicki! Tall, curly brown hair, blue eyes, German and English, musical...the list goes on. We are smitten! It's the first time I've felt like this crazy "omg, this is THE ONE" feeling. She felt the same way. We kept staring at the profile and saying "wow, I really like him". Like I said he is brand spanking new, which means, of course, no pregnancies yet. Previously we had only used guys that had been successful. But we both have a great feeling about this one and someone has to be the first, right? :) If November is not our month we will be taking a break Dec and Jan (holidays and vacation to Hawaii) and starting again in Feb - likely with doctor's assistance. Thanks for asking about me :)

Krista - Any news from your end??

wave.gif to all - sorry for lack of personals but please know I am thinking of you all!!! xoxoxoxo

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#287 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 08:55 AM

Brite--Can you please send me the threadkeepers info? Thanks! smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#288 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPP View Post

KS - Ha! Sorry! I tested yesterday (12dpo) and it was negative. I did not test this morning because I just didn't want to see another white stick. Temps are dropping. AF is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Wed but I think it could be as early as today - I just have a feeling. I am sad, of course, but yesterday DW and I decided to go ahead and look at donors again just in case. We wanted to have a  list this time in case our first choice was not available like last month (we ended up with #3 but only after a slight freak out - this time wanted to be prepared). ANYWAY - the bank just released about 5 or 6 new guys in the last two weeks and I kid you not - one of them is a dude Nicki! Tall, curly brown hair, blue eyes, German and English, musical...the list goes on. We are smitten! It's the first time I've felt like this crazy "omg, this is THE ONE" feeling. She felt the same way. We kept staring at the profile and saying "wow, I really like him". Like I said he is brand spanking new, which means, of course, no pregnancies yet. Previously we had only used guys that had been successful. But we both have a great feeling about this one and someone has to be the first, right? :) If November is not our month we will be taking a break Dec and Jan (holidays and vacation to Hawaii) and starting again in Feb - likely with doctor's assistance. Thanks for asking about me :)

Krista - Any news from your end??

wave.gif to all - sorry for lack of personals but please know I am thinking of you all!!! xoxoxoxo

Okay, so maybe you just needed an awesome donor. It's not over until it's over but I like the sound of this male version of Nicki! :) Very promising.

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#289 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 AM

Rainbow: I was able to check out your blog on youtube--and I was SO excited as you and DP were checking the pregnancy tests! Almost brought be to tears! I know I've already said this but CONGRATULATIONS! So wonderful! I have a question--I saw that you were/are using the Circle Bloom system. Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with it? Has it helped at all? Do you recommend it? DP suffers from a lot of stress and we have been looking for a meditation system for some while--this one popped out at us! Would you recommend it?

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#290 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM

I have been in hiding for a while. Been dealing with a lot of stuff emotionally but I'm better now. Huge congrats to the BFPs for the month!! Sorry for all the BFNs!

DW and I took this month off not cuz we wanted to but cuz our donor was not around when we needed him. We have been talking and decided it was time we looked for another donor. We found this amazing site with free donors that for the most part are good guys just wanting to help out. We are looking into a few and are truely in "love" with one. The only down thing about him is he has brown eyes and both DW and I have blue, other than that he is about perfect. He has 3 beautiful children with his wife and 13 born thru AI and 7 more unborn! We are hoping to make it one more very soon. AF started a few days early this month so we are about 10 days from O. We are so happy to have some new found hope! jumpers.gif

dust.gifto everyone!!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#291 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 11:04 AM

Quick check in. DPO13. No sign of AF. No feeling that it's just around the corner. Temps still somewhat elevated. FMU this morning on a digital said "Not Pregnant." Broke the sucker open with a hammer and wondered if there was a faint line. I mean VERY faint. I had those stupid faint lines. I decided to just trash it and forget about it.

At this point, I'm just continuing to wait. Last two pregnancies I didn't get a faint line until DPO14.

But I'm wondering if my cycle is changing due to my recent surgery. I haven't been able to find any andecdotal information on the web from anyone that has had surgery and said their cycle changed so am I pregnant or is my cycle changing? I don't know!

I'm actually doing pretty well. DP sprung on me this weekend that she isn't sure she wants to have a kid. Now that time has passed, she has decided she's not so sure. She's so tired all the time, how is she going to manage? She has too much to do between work and volunteer activities, how is she going to manage having to take care of a kid? Her timing is always impeccable (said very sarcastically). I just tried to listen and understand and told her, well things don't change for me. I still want a kid.

We'll see.

#292 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM

Hi ladies!  This is Tiney's DP- I'm so thankful we found you all, and for all your wisdom and kindness!  I wish you all lots of powerful baby dust and BFP's soon if you haven't gotten one yet.  To everyone who has recently- congrats!! It gives me and DP lots of hope!!

So exciting news!!  We had our first appointment with our OB today, and it was awesome!  We were both very nervous I think we about peed our pants in the waiting room.  We had a weird interaction with the receptionist (Her: "What's your marital status?" Me: "umm..partnered?  This is my spouse so however you want to categorize that"  Her: "Oh so you're single?" Me: "NO this is my spouse." lol.... duh.gif) but as soon as we started talking with the doctor we calmed down.  She was totally pro-gay, has lots of lesbian (and even gay couples with surragates) patients, and has LOTS of IUI experience.  So here is our plan, please let us know any reactions or ideas you have!

So I'm on CD 6, and we will do our first insem next cycle.  So she gave us a script for Clomid, which I will take CD 3-7 next month, then go in for an ultrasound on CD 12 or 13 and take some medication that sounds pretty much like a trigger shot, then do one vial of frozen sperm 24 hours later.  We were both surprised that she only does one vial and one IUI per cycle, but she says she typically can have success within 3 cycles.  Does this all sound good?  We are pretty happy with it, adn SO excited to get started. jumpers.gif

#293 of 293 Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM

Come on over to the new November thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page