Queer Conceptions: October 2011 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks you outdoorsy and lisedea for the replies on the signature! I think I have to be a member for a little while longer wink1.gif ...but of course that won't be hard! 

Go_Vegan: Congratulations!! joy.gif

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#182 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 AM

SwtRainbowBrite: Sorry I can't help with info on progesterone...but I sure hope things start looking brighter for you wink1.gif. Sending good peaceful vibes and hugs your way.  hug2.gif

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#183 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 AM

SwtRainbow: That brushoff from your doc really sucks. So sorry to hear. On a lighter note, I've been meaning to mention that your sure have a gorgeous profile pic -- such sweet expression in it. I hope your day goes better today.

Vegan: Belated congrats on the faint line! and I've been thinking about you, hoping it would get darker. Any word?

As for me, yesterday I talked to an acquaintance who conceived with the help of a midwife, and she said it wasn't too medicalized at all. So I looked into it. The nearest lesbian-friendly AI place is about 90 minutes away from me, but at least such a place exists. So now I have a backup plan if the at-home ICI doesn't go so well. So I'm not freaking out as much as I was the last two days. Maybe now I can actually get some work done instead of feeling mentally fried the whole day.

Good luck for a good day to all! nod.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#184 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
threadcrashing again...

Brite--damnit. I was hoping those might get there in time. I don't know about the levels, but I hope that the extra support will help with the next round, even if it doesn't mean much now. Hopefully Krista will be able to help you figure out what a better range would be (Hi Krista! We just assume you know everything...because you do!) and whether you should be using those things 2 or 3 times per day. I'm so sorry your doctor is a jerk--I hope that you won't need to because you'll be preggo soon, but is there any way you could change to someone else? Someone, oh, I don't know...helpful?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#185 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 AM

Outdoorsy: are you thinking at home IUIs? That would be awesome. We have a roving midwife company that does that here and I know lesbians that have used them and love them. I think the medical office can be cold and uninviting which isn't much fun. Usually the midwife will let your DP help to inseminate you as well which is always kind of nice.

Brite: ARRRGGGH!! That's me being frustrated on behalf of you to the medical community. I'm sorry your doc is being a jerk. Here's the deal with Progesterone (from what I know based on my own research because of my potential progesterone issues). Progesterone is important from ovulation through 12 weeks of pregnancy. It helps play a role in supporting a pregnancy (if implantation should occur). And until the placenta is able to take over at 12 weeks, some women need the support because their system isn't generating enough of the hormone.

However, there is some controversy as to whether it actually works. Many doctors will prescribe vaginal suppositories and many times will do so because they see it as a psychological thing that will help the patient (makes the patient feel like they're "doing something.") But there are also some women out there who swear that until they identified a low Progesterone issue and started taking supplements, that they were having difficulties getting/keeping a pregnancy. You will find this anecdotal information all over the Internet.

Cream is the least effective way to get Progesterone to your system. It takes a lot longer to deliver it where it needs to go. Oral is next best but also can take some time. Vaginal suppositories help deliver it right to the uterus. And in IVF, 90% of the time they prescribe Progesterone shots in oil to help aid the development of the embryo so this is standard practice.

My challenge is that both times when I got pregnant NO ONE tested my Progesterone level nor did they tell me to increase the dose! Although they swear it did not cause my miscarriage (and I tend to think it didn't) my first line of action with the next pregnancy will be to check my Progesterone level when I pee positive. No more of this mucking around. It's making me mad.

I'm afraid that it sounds like you might need a new doc. Is there any way that you can get to someone else? You need someone that will listen to you. It's not just about the fact that you're not getting pregnant at age 25. It's about the fact that you are a lesbian, and you need a different kind of plan then a straight couple who might have fertility issues. This is what we end up pushing on with the medical community.

Lots of hugs to you. I understand your frustration and anger and I'm glad you can vent here with us. Progesterone is inexpensive and you really need to find someone that will listen to those concerns and discuss them with you.

I can't remember, do you have a short luteal phase??

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#186 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi all! I'm jumping in after a couple weeks off to give an update. No time to read through the 4 pages (!!) I missed on my break. I hope there are some BFPs in there!

Anyway, my KD, got back to us and gave us an update about his life. His family illness is resolving and his move is complete so things should be easier for him now. We are supposedly on for next cycle. He has assured us that he will be available for one well-timed insem but will hope to fit in two insems. This is, of course, not ideal for us but at this point we are glad to have a KD. He really is a sweet guy and has really been trying to work things out with us. So the plan is to do what we can with him until we do our last two Clomid/Trigger/IUI cycles on our insurance early next year. After that...well, at that point we may be done, but I can't really predict that from where I'm standing now. 

I'm due to start AF next week and, since I didn't insem this cycle, I'm still on break until then. This might have been a very good cycle to skip since my ovulation signs were completely bizarre and I wonder if I even ovulated at all. ::shrugs:: It happens. I'm not worried. It is my birthday this weekend so I'm off to have some fun with a good amount of cocktails involved! I'll check in again when I'm off break.

I hope more of you move on to the pregnancy threat before I return! Good luck!

The cast of characters: Me(36) happy housequeer, Monkey: my primary partner/hopeful pop-to-be, Author: our secondary partner. TTC since Oct 06. Diagnosed w/ unexplained infertility. On a break to consider final options.

#187 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Outdoorsy: I had no medical intervention other than acupuncture when I conceived my DD. However, we used a KD.

Welcome back to the 2WW, krista! How exciting!

Brite: definitely sounds like you need a new doc. The RE I recently saw gave me a prescription even though he said the research is weak....it should be your choice.

Lisedea: I haven't been able to keep up to date with how you are doing....I hope you are getting some answers and have a plan?

Afm: Greetings from Philly! Work conference is going well but DD is all messed up for sleep because of the time change and the new environment so DP and I are TIRED. I'm on CD13 ( I think) and cm seems to be getting more fertile. Hoping I have another early O even without trying.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#188 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM

Krista, I'm not talking about at-home IUI. If our ICI at home doesn't work, I will probably do IUI in the Boston area at a very lesbian-friendly AI place. It's a bit of a drive, but I know I'm lucky to have it within driving distance, even if I have to miss some work to go there.

#189 of 293 Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM

Thread Crashing - Vegan: Yahoo for the line! Congrats to you!!! So happy to hear this news. joy.gif

Rainbow - I echo what Krista said in her post above. I've struggled with low progesterone for a few years, and it sucks. If I recall, anything over 5 means you've ovulated. Once you get a BFP, anything less than 20 is considered dangerous for the baby to survive. I ended up asking my RE for progesterone pills because of my history with low prog, and she didn't hesitate to write me a prescription for it - Prometrium. In her opinion, 'it couldn't hurt' so she wrote me the prescription. I was on them for 2 months before I got my BFP, which I got 11dpo. With my first beta test, my P4 test came bact at 12, which was considered very low and dangerous. My RE immediately doubled my dose of Prometrium and put me on vaginal suppositories for that extra little "push". My 2nd Beta came back with a P4 of 16 and third was 24. I stayed on the vaginal until 12 weeks and on the pills until 16 weeks. Thankfully, the baby has made it through just fine and I am currently 34 weeks. orngbiggrin.gif If I were you, I'd definitely ask the doc again for the pills. There's no reason why you taking them will hurt you or your attempts to conceive. If she refuses, then I'd likely find another doctor who was more in line with my wishes. Hang in there!

Thinking of each of you and your TTC journey. I am cheer all of you to many BFP's!!!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#190 of 293 Old 10-21-2011, 09:21 AM

2ez: Quick clarification question for you. Were you on Prometrium during your whole cycle while trying to get pregnant (not while you were pregnant). In other words, you didn't take it during your period and your time leading up to ovulation, correct? You only used it during the 2ww? Congrats on hitting 24 weeks! Saw your belly shots and they're cute. Here's to a wonderful birth!

Outdoorsy: sorry for the misunderstanding.

Krista

#191 of 293 Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 AM

Hey Krista - The first month, I think I took it 20 days and the second month I was only on them for approx. 12 days because I didn't O that month so we didn't insem. It seems like I started taking them 3-5 days before my anticipated O date and then until after I got a BFN. My RE felt that having it in my body prior to possible conception wouldn't hurt so that's what I did. It was almost as if the Prometrium had a 'head start' on any conception/implantaion plans. My fingers are tightly crossed for you!!!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#192 of 293 Old 10-21-2011, 03:06 PM

Brite- sorry about the frustrating experience with your dr.  It's so wrong that your concerns are belittles because of your age.  Your level does sound low for 8DPO (http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#female) my RE office automatically supplements if your are below 15 at 7DPO (as it falls in the might help can't hurt category).  I would look for a 2nd opinion.  Hang in there... sending you a hug2.gif.

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#193 of 293 Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Vegan: broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif for your faint line! Congrats!

Tiney: Thank you!

Outdoorsy: Thank you so much! It is a pic from our Engagement Photo Shoot! 

Isa: I got them today!!!! OMGoodness thank you so much! It nearly brought me tears when I got it.... The kindness of strangers amazes me everyday!

Krista: First of all I want to thank you for being our resident medical advisor. I cherish and appreciate your extensive knowledge on things and your advice always helps me feel better after I post it here, I am going to be so sad (not really I will be ecstatic) when you get that BFP this month and you have to graduate. The things that you mentioned are things I have heard as well, you have some Drs. like mine who think it is a waste of time, but there are some that swear by it, and a quick Google search shows that there are lots of women that swear by it as well. I have saw a couple of natural health websites suggesting the external cream, but I had requested the internal to make sure I got all of the benefits of it being right there. I also agree with you about the doc, I love the practice itself but I now have an awful feeling against her, and that can only add to the negatives of TTC I should love my RE not feel as though I am being ignored. As far as my luteal phase it is not generally short because my cycles are so long.

Yeledov: I am happy that you were able to get things cleared up with KD! YAY for cocktails!!!

Carmen: I agree! I have 1 more vials in their andrology lab and after that the hunt is on for a new RE! How is the weather in Philly?

Ez: Thank you for the reassuring nudge I am going to ask again, and then if she still shrugs me off I am going to find someone who listens to me because she works for me not the other way around

Ad Astra: I agree with you that it is low, the RE's office claims that is a good number I am really starting to become suspicious of their intentions. I am not at the point of saying they are an office that keeps women unpregnant to keep the cash flowing in, but stunts like this push me towards that conclusion

AFM: I think I pretty much covered the majority of the saga above, but basically the RE's medical assistant called and said that 6.08 was a good number and I didn't require supplementation. I was baffled and dumbfounded because everything that I saw online indicated that was way too low. Regardless I think I am out this cycle. My chart took a nosedive this morning after it never recovered from the nosedive the other day. I am so disappointed but I know that DP will be more hurt than I am, she subconsciously rubs my stomach in her sleep and she is always referring to the "baby" that is in my belly. My body is really beginning to frustrate me, I am expecting AF Sunday or Monday *sigh*

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#194 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 08:27 AM

Brite--Awww...I am sorry things are so rough right now and I am sorry about the temp dive. I definitely agree that a new RE is in order. Could you transfer the vial instead of doing one more cycle with them? If not, can you ask for progesterone supplements for this next cycle? I am getting my level checked on Monday...when I find out, we can compare numbers and doctor reactions. smile.gif

Carmen--Thanks for asking! The last blood test showed that I have a diminished ovarian reserve but my FS wants me to try anyway with her the next three cycles. This time, I am going to try naturally...but if things don't work out, I might go for the meds. I was so depressed about it for a while...but really, there isn't anything I can do about it... Are you trying this cycle?

Krista--How are you feeling???

Well..temping daily (uggg...) and blood tests here and there. Progesterone check at 6dpo on Monday morning (everything I have read says that I should be doing it at 7dpo...hope it is okay!). I have been having strange cramping on and off since ovulation...since I didn't insem, I know it can't be sign of anything good...hoping that I am just be overly sensitive to how I am feeling and that something isn't wrong... In other news, on Wednesday a friend asked if we would be willing to adopt a baby (her friend's 18-year-old cousin with already two babies that she cannot afford...) in 4 months....so D and I have been doing lots of research and lots of discussing. If it all goes through, I plan to still try these next few cycles...I figure, whatever is meant to be, is meant to be!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#195 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Brite, you are more than welcome! You can pay me back in ridiculously cute baby pictures in about 10 months, ok? wink1.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#196 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM

I'm definitely pregnant! The lines keep getting darker and I am queasy and my boobs are huge and tender! Babydust to everyone!

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#197 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 04:30 PM

Yeledov:birthday.gif

Carmen: Hope everything happened like clockwork for your O

Lise: wow what an amazing situation to be - to be asked to be possibly adopt your friend's cousin child. Life does work in mysterious ways.

Brite: Oh I feel your pain about you questioning your low progestrone levels. I am in a similar boat and my RE who didn't really seemed concerned about it, thinking LH phase of 10 days was fine and I guess my progestrone were checked once and the level seemed ok to her. But after reading your post and everyone else's as well, I think that its time that I do a little more research on progestrone. (Thank you Krista for all of your wisdom- it is so helpful!). I don't know much about it but insisted this past month that my doctor prescribe me it. As far as the your doctor not taking your concerns seriously due to your age, that is ridiculous. An issue is an issue regardless your age. I think that you deserve to have a doctor to is giving you the attention and consideration that you and your DP are putting forth in the TTC process. As an aside,when you said that your DP will rub your belly in your sleep, I thought awh. That is adorable and a great sign that she is in this process with you on a subconscious level.

AFM: Ok this is the first month I've taken progestrone (Prometrium suppositories) At this point (8 dpo) I am not noticing any strange side effects anymore bsides sore breasts which I heard could also be a pregnancy sign. The first few days I experienced tremendous cramping off and on, so much so that it would have been very different to gauge whether I experienced implantation cramping. It is so difficult during 2 ww to not ponder the reason of any physical symptom that springs up. Maybe on some level this is part of the fun of being in this process.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#198 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Vegan:  YEAH!!!!!!! guitar.gifbiggrinbounce.gifjammin.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#199 of 293 Old 10-22-2011, 06:24 PM

vegan: from Sara and myself, a much over due veggie parade. 

broc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gif broc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gif

broc1.gif carrot.gif banana.gif

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#200 of 293 Old 10-23-2011, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsy View Post

Some have suggested that if you use the non-digital opks with the two lines, you can actually watch the line darken over a couple days to see the LH surge approach. \

You can do this with the digital OPKs as well. Just pop the stick out after it reads and look at the line. It will get noticeably darker as the surge approaches. Just check it soon after testing, as the lines fade with time. I've done this several times. In fact, I've used this method to know I need to wait a couple of days before testing again, because the line is nowhere near dark enough for ovulation.

Mother to one dd .
#201 of 293 Old 10-23-2011, 07:45 AM

Vegan - woo hoo! I didn't want to go overboard with the congrats when your line was faint, but now, it's time! woo hoo!!!! thumb.gif

Lisedea - wow. considering how hard it can be for a gay couple to adopt a healthy newborn, that's an awesome opportunity! It's certainly not one to be taken lightly, but I imagine it will be difficult to make a decision about adoption when faced with the reality of a baby coming in 4 months. You have some soul-searching ahead, and I will be thinking of you.

#202 of 293 Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 AM

forgot to give my own update - The speculums (specula apparently) arrived in the mail, and we took a look at my cervix -- not exactly easy to see the os. My wife said she felt like she was an amateur trying to learn something a professional should do, which makes a lot of sense. So we are seriously considering going to a midwife rather than waste time and money trying to climb Mt Everest at home. I think I am going to call on Monday, ask some questions (including how long it takes to get an appointment), and then we'll decided whether to do another cycle at home in the meantime.

#203 of 293 Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks everybody! I haven't been super active on this board recently due to ttc emotional overload, but you guys are the most amazing supportive ladies ever!

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#204 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 AM

VEGAN!!! So sorry I'm late to the parade! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#205 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Lisdea: I am hoping that you have a great number for your progesterone test today! That is really exciting that adoption may be on the horizon for you & dp! It would be so amazing for the baby to have you guys as loving parents! 

Isa: Here's hoping I can make good on that! wink1.gif

Vegan: broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif

Yeledov: birthday.gif(Belated)

Invitin: I agree with 100% about needing a supportive and caring RE! We are currently on the hunt for another one, or looking at the possibility of switching within the practice, but I think it may be too awkward. And yes DP is def there, I think that this process weighs on her more that it does me and she wants me to be pregnant so bad! As for you those symptoms sounds really promisng!! Fingers crossed for you!

Outdoorsy: Looking at your cervix takes some work and patience, but once you are really close to ovulation your cervix should be really easy to see with a speculum and you can see all of the EWCM which DP and I thought was Super cool (but we are NERDS lol!)

Krista: Any signs? symptoms? When are you going to test?

Anyone that I missed wave.gif and xXxXxXBABYDUSTxXxXxXxX to all that need it!

AFM: Ugh my body is playing cruel and unusual games with me and I don't appreciate it! On Saturday evening I was sure that AF was starting. *TMI Alert* When I went to the restroom I noticed a drop or 2 of blood in the toilet and when I wiped it was red, I came out of the bathroom and told DP that I think my period started. I put on a liner so that I could track how much blood it was and I went to bed. Well when I woke up I hadn't bled anymore and there was just residual spotting. My temp had been up & down by a few degrees but above the coverline for the past couple of days. Well today is 15 DPO and usually I have a 14-15 day luteal phase, and I was expecting my temp to plummet today but it didn't it actually went back up from yesterday's slight drop. irked.gif Now I don't know what to think!! Do you guys think that I should test? I am scared to test because obviously I don't want to get a BFN, but I am also scared that if it is a BFP that it may be left over from the Pregnyl shot (I took it on 10/7 at CD 12 and today is CD 29)...... Thoughts?

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#206 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Lise: Wow! 4 months?! How are you and your DP feeling about it?

Yeledove: DP and I are new to the TTC community—but I just wanted to say that I’m glad your KD is on for your next cycle. DP and I wanted a KD so bad….but things just didn’t work out. I think the pain of being rejected over and over again lead us to find a sperm bank. Anyway….so glad your KD is on!

Krista: Random question: I saw you talking about at home IUIs….do you know if all midwifes do that? That sounds SO awesome. DP and I are still trying to figure out what is best—ICIs or IUIs…any suggestions?  

Rainbow: DP rubbing your stomach in her sleep made my heart ache....so sweet..

*Also, does anyone know if digital OPKs are better than non-digital? I can’t remember where I read this or if I just made it up in my head (which is a STRONG possibility), that digital are better than non-digital? Any advice?

#207 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 AM

And on to a little vent—I know that this is not TTC related, but hope that you can hear me out:

I spoke with my brother this past weekend—we have a very difficult relationship. To sum it up, my family just recently found out about DP and I—as in a few months ago. They have not been taking it well, although I’m certain they have had suspicions for years. My brother (who is older than me) is very religious and initially was “ok” with DP and I and showed signs of being really supportive. Recently, he has just been ignorant and insensitive. First of all, he uses the word “homosexual” when he speaks to me and says things like, I want to know about your day and what you do for fun—“but please keep it appropriate.” SERIOUSLY? Did he just say that? I was stunned!  splat.gif

A few months ago he asked me what DP and I were doing about children—he assumed that we would NOT be having children. I told him that AI is our best option. This past weekend he told me that he feels VERY uncomfortable about this because it is morally wrong. I swear I’m boiling and extremely hurt by his lack of logic and rationality. banghead.gif I feel like there is nothing I can say because I’m too hurt to reply at the moment. Have you girls gone through similar situations with family? I would appreciate some thoughts….Thanks for reading this vent—and again, I’m sorry it’s not TTC related!! 

#208 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM

Sorry for all the posts...but just to clarify. The reason my family just found out about DP and I is because we are not close at all. I am so angry at them! I have tried to be supportive of them and realize that they need to "heal" of whatever--but this last conversation with my brother--who I thought was supprotive just threw me off the edge. I don't know how to handle it!

#209 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM

Tiney: My parents and sister are wonderful today, but when I came out as a teen my parents were not that great. They said some hurtful things about my gf (not the woman I later married) that I had to carry in my heart for the remainder of a 7-year relationship. My advice, even though I know this sucks, is for you and DP to go to some counseling sessions with an LICSW social worker, because this kind of thing puts a serious (and often very hidden) strain on your relationship with one another (you and DP). You need to ease that strain at the same time that you get some support and advice from the SW about how to respond to your family. I know it's very hard to make time for that, but it's helpful. If you don't want your health insurance company to know you're getting counseling, you can sometimes negotiate a lower cash rate with a counselor who works in private practice.

#210 of 293 Old 10-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Rainbow: thanks for the sweet words. Glad to help in any way possible. Uh, you are 17 days out from your trigger! You can totally test and not have any trace of the HCG in your system. Are you gonna? I know it's nervewracking. I prefer to just wait and see if my period comes. You could have implantation bleeding. I never had it but many women report it.

Tiney: so hard to hear you're going through this. My donor is actually having a similar situation just because he donates to lesbians. Religion has a lot to do with their bias and upset at him. I also had difficulty when I came out to my parents. It wasn't until I was 30 so it was a lot harder for them because I was so much older. We had a rough number of years, but things are much better now. They have done a complete turn around. Unfortunately, I think a lot of it had to do with me finally breaking up with my old partner and finding a new one. They totally love my current DP but did not like my old DP at all.

In regards to midwives that do IUIs. There are roving midwives that do come to your house and do an IUI but only with frozen sperm. Every state is a little different though and my experience is in California where they are lot more open then most states, so you'd have to check on Ohio's laws. Some states require a sign off from a doctor to use even frozen sperm. You might hear from someone else on this board who is from Ohio who can tell you. I think there is advantage emotionally to doing it at home. It's nice not to be in a doctor's office PLUS it allows you to time the insemination better. One of my frustration with clinics is that they are really only available during business hours which is really inconvenient when you're working on your body's natural clock. That is why they give you a trigger shot, to help time the IUI to fall within business hours. I think most people don't know that. The downfall to a trigger shot is that you could trigger your egg to release before it's really mature. I haven't always used one as a result.

Hope that helps!

AFM: nothing to report. I'm smack dab in the middle of TWW and both my pregnancy cycles were different in terms of what I felt and what my chart looked like. Usually, my indicator is that my period doesn't come on schedule as it always comes on schedule.

Krista

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page