Queer Conceptions: October 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Skyandtru yes I am on youtube!  Thanks for subbing lol!  What's your youtube username?

nosreves A bit about me... I am a Las Vegas native and my DP is from upstate NY... We got married (CC) in Key West last September, but plan on getting our license in NY in December.  We have been together for 4 years.  We bought a house in April, and have been hoping to fill up the extra rooms with little bundles babyf.gif

I after searching for the perfect doctor I ended up with Sher Institutes and have been lucky enough to actually work with Dr. Sher himself!  In April I was accepted into their IVM study.  I had me egg retrieval in June, had 14 eggs, then 12 matured in lab, and recently found out that I have 5 normal eggs (the most in the study) I am waiting for news today as to if and how many actually fertilized.  My transfer is scheduled for December, although my psychic says it wont happen until February-March. 

Cross your fingers for me girls!

#242 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Seraf--Yes, I would be as crazy as the two of you. smile.gif Actually...things aren't working out as hoped...still a chance but she left the place she was living (no idea why....) and has lost communication with most family members. Not sure we want to get involved in that...but I guess whatever happens, happens!

Welcome Lezzy!!

Outdoorsy--Sometimes a positive doesn't last very long--that is why most people say to test twice a day. The first time you get a positive, count it! I don't really know what to think about the smeary look though...sorry.

Nosreves--How frustrating!! I second Seraf's question about whether they can wash it for you and then you do the IUI yourself. There has got to be some loophole!

So...as I mentioned to Seraf, things aren't working out the best with the adoption thing...who knows. I have also been a bit freaked out about my cycle. I had dull, annoying cramps from CD15 until yesterday (CD 22) which NEVER happens to me until right before AF. I was a bit afraid that AF would arrive as early as last month but so far, no sign! I hope I am back to normal! If so, I will being doing my first IUI cycle at a fertility clinic around November 15th! I still haven't heard about my progesterone results...we'll see. Hopefully they are as close to normal as possible because I don't think I can take an abnormal test! Hope all is going well for everyone!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#243 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Sky: YAY for insems!! I am hoping that you have some great beginner's luck!! And Nos explained what I was thinking to the T! Shame on your brother and his ridiculous comments, but screw them! You & your DP deserve all the happiness in the world and that includes you having children! One thing that I learned when I came out was that you have a perfect opprotunity to create a new family filled with loving a supportive friends & family and the rest you have to cut off or they will poison your spirit! Also, I have Youtube Vlogs as well if you ever want to tune in orngbiggrin.gif

Nos: YAY for a prooductive meeting with the Ob/Gyn!!! I am so happy that you got the trigger script! I hope that is all you need to get the BFP! I think the trigger shot & the IUI was what did it for us, and you see that is what happened to Sara!! I am so proud of you for standing up and making your Dr listen to you! 

Seraf: Thank you so much!!! You are so close I know you have got to be getting so excited! 

LezzyFamDiary: Welcome.gifI hope that your stay is short & sweet! And for your sake I hope the psychic is wrong and that you get your BFP after this transfer!!! 

Lisdea: I am sorry to hear that things are not going as planned with the adoption, I hope that for your sake and the sake of the unborn baby that things turn around soon! Also fingers crossed that AF stays away so that you can have a normal cycle so that you can continue on your journey to your BFP!

Krista: Where are you hiding out? Signs? Symptoms? Anything LOL!

AFM: So we got the result of our 2nd Beta today...... 800.1DP & I are SUPER excited that this may in fact be real! I am still worried, but DP is confident. We have an ultrasound scheduled for November 10th I will be 6 weeks and 3 days at that appt so I am hoping to be able to see the sac, with an embryo in it, and a hopefully a heartbeat as well... until then I will be holding my breath! Ok ta-ta for now I am exhausted and I am going to take a nap LOL

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#244 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Skyandtru -- welcome to the 2ww! I had my first one last month with live sperm (see my sig) and it was so emotional and hard because I was super attuned to any little symptom that I believed I was pregnant, then found out I wasn't. I hope you are doing OK!

nosreves - glad things are going better with your doc. As a fellow ICI-at-homer, I understand your worry about possibly wasting it. It's sad that you can't get IUI in France. I am in the US but chose to go the ICI route at least for two cycles -- next one coming up soon. Good luck to you.

LezzyFemDiary - Welcome!!! How can we find your videos on YouTube?

lisdea - so sorry to hear the adoption might not work out. what are your next steps?

As for me - I know they say you have to trust the smiley, but this has happened to me once before - I got the odd smeared test with smiley in the morning, then empty circle in the afternoon  -- and two days later, a really clear smiley that was repeated at the next test. I think the same may be happening now. I have absolutely zero EWCM so far, no temp signs, etc. So I'm hoping my real positive opk is coming tomorrow or the next day.

Best of luck to everyone in the 2ww!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#245 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Crashing...again...and I LOVE it!

CONGRATS Rainbow!!! What a journey it's been. Yay for the betas. And congrats!!!!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#246 of 293 Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Brite- congrats on ur beta!!! Thank you for the support i feel specialinnocent.gif  our families aren't the most supportive right now. Of course i would love to check out ur ttc vlogs on youtube send me your username!!!

Outdoorsy- I totally know what ur saying about every symptom I can only imagine how i will be acting in a few days 

AFU- help.gifHave any of you experienced cramping the day of insem and the day after? Is it bad? I have been having mild cramping sort of like pre menstual cramps? 

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#247 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post  i reeeally am not looking forward to the estradiol, and if i weren't so worried about getting fertile cm, i think i'd forgo it.  anyone have any thoughts?

I have been on estradiol for several weeks now as part of my IVF protocol. It definitely gave me COPIOUS amounts of fertile CM when I started it! Another benefit is that it thickens the lining of the uterus, which can only be a good thing when you're hoping for an embryo to implant. The shot was scary the first day- it's kind of a big needle. But after that it was no big deal. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LezzyFamDiary View Post

Hi I'm new to the thread, SwtRainbowBrite invited me... just wanted to introduce myself and say good luck and congrats! Sheepish.gif

Just wanted to say I love your picture! Almost makes me wish we had gotten married on the beach, haha. Welcome and I hope all goes well for this transfer cycle...

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#248 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 06:46 AM

Thank you everyone for your support!!

Outdoorsy: Thank you for the advice! Definitely something DP and I have been thinking about for some time.

Krista: Thank you!

Skyandtru: That’s so rough about your DW and brother. Family is so hard sometimes…

Nosreves: Thank you so much for the kind and supportive words!

LezzyWelcome.gif

I still haven't spoken with my brother--which is something I don't plan doing anytime soon. DP has been talking about sending him an email about how she feels....mostly that he used to be my greatest supporter in the coming out process to the family, and now has become very insensitive and just plain stupid. SO I guess we'll see what happens... 

In other news: DP and I have our 1st GYN appointment on Monday about the TTC process. We were lucky enough to find one that is lesbian friendly and has helped tons of couples get pregnant. We are supper excited and nervous about it! We have also been talking about visiting an RE per request from you ladies. wink1.gif We're thinking it might be a good idea--just not sure about the extra cost at this point.  At this point, we are planning to do our 1st insem in December. We want to make sure DP is on her prenatals for at least 3 months. We are still trying to figure out whether we should do ICI/IUI and at home/clinic. We are hoping that our appt. with GYN will help us decide. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything is a GO for us! We have also chosen our sperm and need to figure out where we are going to store it, etc. We're in OH and the frozen sperm will be coming from Seattle! It's a long way out....but we fell in love with our donor's profile and the people at the bank! Ok...now going back to laying down, a serious cold is coming my way! mecry.gif

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#249 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

help.gifHave any of you ladies experience cramping the day of insem and the day after? Is it bad? I have been having mild cramping sort of like pre menstual cramps?

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#250 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Sky: cramping can be totally normal. I can't remember, did you do an IUI? Cramps can be a result of ovulation and/or they can be a result of the catheter going into the uterus for the IUI. Although the IUI cramps shouldn't last long, if it's a result of that, it could have just irritated the uterus enough to bring it on. It's nothing to worry about that. Are you pretty confident you have ovulated and your period is on track? If so, I wouldn't worry about a thing.

AFM: Thanks to those who asked about me. I am 9/10DPO (FF and I are in argument). I had a major dip in temp yesterday and a huge spike this morning. Not sure what that means but it put a little bounce in my step for some hope. Other than that, nothing much to report. I'm thinking AF is due Sunday if I listen to FF who says I'm 9DPO today. We all know I hate to POAS so I can't make any promises there. Can't POAS yet as I might still have trigger shot in me.

If I don't get pregnant this cycle, guess what I get to do next cycle? Self inseminate! Has anyone ever done that? I haven't but I have a good friend (single lesbo) who has gotten herself pregnant twice that way. DP will be out of town on a biz trip next cycle. My BFF cracked me up and said she "believes it goes outside the bounds of the BFF code but she would be willing to assist." I thanked her but told her that was way too much even for my absolute bestest BFF. I think she was relieved. dizzy.gif

Here's to hoping I can bring another BFP to the board this month!

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#251 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Krista - Weird! FF and I are in an argument too - I also think I am 10dpo and it says 9 - I didn't know you and I were so close! I also had a temp spike this morning! No dip yesterday though... It was strange to read your post because it sounds exactly like where I'm at. Other notable things that are different this time - dizziness and very vivid dreams the last three nights. Fingers crossed for us both! fingersx.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#252 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM

Krista, good to hear from you! I'm hoping for BFPs for both you and MrsPP this cycle!

Sky - I had cramping after some of my insems, which were ICI. I think it was partly ovulation, magnified by being overly attuned to my body.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#253 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 11:12 AM

MrsPP: We could do a coordinated virtual pee and bless a stick at the same time! I don't know what's up with FF and I'm not sure what day I WANT to be on at this point. Sheepish.gif

So glad to know I have a direct buddy in this one. Yay for temp spikes! Let's hope they hold.

#254 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 AM

MrsPP/Krista--That is funny...I am 9dpo as well...of course, I didn't insem this cycle so it doesn't mean much...but still...thought it was interesting.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#255 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM

Hello all! Congrats to Brite!!! I always am MIA on the computer. I just get so busy with work and kiddos...

Dp is 9DPO today also!!! LOL funnie.. She doesnt have any different feelings or symptoms tho so we shall see if AF comes next Tuesday or not.

Fingers Crossed for you Krista and Mrs PP and EVERYONE else in the TWW!!!

#256 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPP View Post

dizziness and very vivid dreams the last three nights. Fingers crossed for us both! fingersx.gif

Vivid dreams are one of my biggest signs! I am dying to know!!!

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#257 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM

My youtube is www.youtube.com/user/lesbianfamilydiary

AND... none of my eggs fertilized, so I'm a bit depressed.  The doctor squeezed me in tomorrow afternoon so we shall see what he says. greensad.gif

Baby dust to you guys! joy.gifIt helps reading your posts.

#258 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Congratulation to Brite and Vegan!!!

And good luck to those who are the the waiting weeks.

I got a BFP on two tests yesterday midday (10 DPO)!  I was not planning to test but I was nauseous and so did it on a whim.  The internet cheapie was very light but the digital said pregnant.  My DP was home with me to celebrate.  We are happy!

Thank you all for your support and for answering our questions.

Me (34) Partner (30)  Parents to DS born at home (6/2010).  We are TTC #2.

#259 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Lezzy: So sorry about your eggs... I'm sending positive and peaceful vibes your way goodvibes.gif

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#260 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 PM

Wow what a week!! I've been keeping close tabs on the everyone's posts via Iphone as I'm laying in bed.

Brite: Similar to some of other folks reactions, I too had some tears running down my face when I saw your wonder BFP fotos. I've only been here a short time and in the up and down and sometimes lonely rollarcoaster of a ttc process I have come to look forward to listening to others experiences. Brite, you especially have appeared so kind and thorough in your responses to me and everyone else. I'm am truly so happy for you and your DP and your sweet blessing. jumpers.gif

Tilly: Congratulations on your BFP as well. jammin.gif

krista, lise, handerson, MRS PP: that is interesting that all of you are on the same cycle together. For the first time ever, my only friend who is ttc as well was one day ahead of me. it was comforting just know that someone is experiencing the ups and downs with me, makes the ride not feels so bumpy, you know. Wow every day in the 2ww is so nerve wrecking, but I think as the days creep into the the double digits, the level of anticipation can be so intense. Good luck to all of you..including SKY... I wish you all the least amount of stress over the next few days, which I know can be so hard given the circumstances..and ofcoursedust.gif

AFM: I have to say that hearing Brite's great news really helped to put a "brite" spot over what was otherwise not good week for me. To be honest, since Monday I have felt all over the place about what could be going on in my body and all of this accumulated in me feeling so disappointed and frankly pissed off with my body today. Let me do alittle bit of week in review so you all can understand what I'm talking about: Typically AF would have come on Monday or Tuesday (10th or 11th dpo) but since I was taking prometrium (for the first time) I didn't think that AF would come until after I stopped taking it. But no of course not, nothing has happened like how I thought it would happen this whole past year and 1/2 of ttc. Monday I started to have intense cramps, and then tuesday I began to spot ever so lightly. Nothing signficant occurred wednesday. My temps were going down slightly each day, I'm mean like a tenth of a degree which I didnt' think was much of a decline. Then this morning (13 dpo) my temp shot up and I was pleasantly surprised until I got out of bed and realized that AF was here in all her ugly glory. FIREdevil.gif It sucked. It always sucks when this happens. I contacted my RE who reassured me that is possible to start AF even if you are on prometrium. I guess if there was anything good that came out of using it, it was that my LH phase was extended by two days. I don't think that I have ever gone 13 days past O in the whole time that I have be tracking. So I feel like it is back to the drawing board. I am going to make an appt with RE and see what next trick we can try. I have never tried other drugs. I don't even know what a "trigger shot" is that different people refer to and would love to know more about it, if anyone would be willing to explain it to me. Perhaps I need to try a stronger dose of progestrone? Really more than anything for the next day or two I think I just need some serious tlc bc i'm absolutely pooped. Between trying to make human and all the other important things of life, like tending to my wife who got bronchitis yday ...and dealing with my vet who cant give me a straight answer on how to care for my sick cat with pancreatitis....and gearing up for a extremely hard 1 yr anniversary of the death of my beloved canine, I don't think I can take one more stressor.  Oh seriously I need a vacation in the worst way. I keep staring at the desktop image of Maui on my computer nearly salivating wishing I could physically just teleport myself to this paradise place. Perhaps until I can conjure up 5000$ for a return Hawaii trip, maybe I will make an appt to try acupuncture for the first time. Thank you again to the person (I think Krista) who suggested it in a previous thread.

Ok I think I just ranted enough for one posting. Good night all.  

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#261 of 293 Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Lezzy: And I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate news. I'm kinda right there with you today. hug2.gif

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#262 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM

TillyBarry: Congratulations!! I'm new here...but nevertheless endlessly happy for you! 

invitnconceptn: SO sorry you are having a rough time lately! I wish I new more about trigger shots to actually help--but all I know is that the shots make you release an egg--the downside is that the egg might not always be a mature egg....which is why DP and I will not be using a trigger shot in our ttc journey. Sending virtual hug2.gif (hugs) your way! 

#263 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM

TineyDreams and invitnconceptn thank you so much.

invitnconceptn I'm sorry about AF, I hope you feel better soon.  Unfortunately I don't know anything about the trigger shot.

Congrats to TillyBarry! energy.gif

I have my appointment today and I cant even think straight... shake.gif

#264 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invitnconceptn View Post

that AF was here in all her ugly glory. FIREdevil.gif It sucked. It always sucks when this happens. I contacted my RE who reassured me that is possible to start AF even if you are on prometrium. I guess if there was anything good that came out of using it, it was that my LH phase was extended by two days. I don't think that I have ever gone 13 days past O in the whole time that I have be tracking. So I feel like it is back to the drawing board. I am going to make an appt with RE and see what next trick we can try. I have never tried other drugs. I don't even know what a "trigger shot" is that different people refer to and would love to know more about it, if anyone would be willing to explain it to me. Perhaps I need to try a stronger dose of progestrone? Really more than anything for the next day or two I think I just need some serious tlc bc i'm absolutely pooped. Between trying to make human and all the other important things of life, like tending to my wife who got bronchitis yday ...and dealing with my vet who cant give me a straight answer on how to care for my sick cat with pancreatitis....and gearing up for a extremely hard 1 yr anniversary of the death of my beloved canine, I don't think I can take one more stressor.  Oh seriously I need a vacation in the worst way. I keep staring at the desktop image of Maui on my computer nearly salivating wishing I could physically just teleport myself to this paradise place. Perhaps until I can conjure up 5000$ for a return Hawaii trip, maybe I will make an appt to try acupuncture for the first time. Thank you again to the person (I think Krista) who suggested it in a previous thread.

Ok I think I just ranted enough for one posting. Good night all.  

Invitin: first off, I'm sorry for the down times. It's just the worst (and most normal) part of this whole process. But if I had a magic fairy wand, besides just making everyone here pregnant, I would wish away all the pain of trying brings to each of us. That is good news on the lengthening of your LP (although 13 isn't really short at all but if that wasn't normal for you, Progesterone can help). There is no need to up the dosage between ovulation and your AF. Once you find out you're pregnant, then you will need to up the dosage.

A trigger shot helps to send a dose of the hormone HCG to tell your follie to release an egg. As another person mentioned (and I've said before) it is primarily used by clinics to help aid in when they will give you and IUI, often being used to fit you within their business hours. The positive is that it can help pinpoint ovulation (36 hours past the trigger is the best time to inseminate as studies have shown) and it plumps up your lining which is good for implantation. The negative -- it can cause you to release an immature egg. But personally, I think you can make the call on that if you're getting an ultrasound to look at your follies prior to ovulation. If you're follies are around 22+ (I think that's the cutoff for maturity) then you are likely to be okay. The negative to NOT having a trigger shot is it does make it that much more difficult to try to pinpoint ovulation so you need to feel confident about what you're doing to monitor other signs.

No easy answer but perhaps that will help you. Are you using any tools to monitor impending ovulation? Do you feel confident in when you're ovulating and how you are timing your insemination? Remember, timing is the key part of this whole process. I feel like my first 6 cycles were wasted on improper timing.

Krista

#265 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 AM

FINALLY good news for me!! My progesterone test actually came back NORMAL! Hooray! First normal blood test all month! It shows that I ovulated this cycle and they are ready for me to insem at the clinic next cycle. Feeling hopeful!

Sorry about the eggs Lezzy...ugg...how disappointing. Good luck at your appointment!

Invitn--I am sorry...greensad.gif

Tilly--Congrats! That was fast! joy.gif

#266 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM

lisedea -- i just wanted to say: YIPPIE! jumpers.gif   i know you needed some good news.  here's hoping the next insem will be the sticky one.

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#267 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM

Oh my... I have to go into hiding more often.  I come back to THREE positives:

RAINBOW:  I am SO SO thrilled for you!! I feel like we've traveled  through part of this journey together, and this is the most wonderful news!!!  That pic of all your positive test sticks made me cry with happiness! joy.gif

VEGAN: Yes!!!!!! Congratulations! This is wonderful news!! I am thrilled for you. blowkiss.gif

TILLY: I don't think we met, but congratulations! I'm glad your stay here was short! love.gif

For all of you....

stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif  jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif  jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif 

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif  jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif  jumpers.gifjumpers.gif   jumpers.gifjumpers.gif

stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#268 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Oh, I got so excited about the parade that I forgot a couple of things...

LISEDEA: That adoption sounds like a hopeful possibility.  I think it's wonderful of you and DP to be open to whatever life brings you.  Good luck with your upcoming cycles.  Baby dust in any and all forms to you guys! goodvibes.gif

AFM:

Our journey continues.  After the biopsy, I found out that I have a ureaplasma infection -- a bacteria that can cause miscarriage.  I asked how I would have gotten it, and the nurse said heterosexual contact.  I laughed at that, but then wondered if it came from KD's sperm.  Anyway, since we are no longer using his, there's no chance of re-infection.  So, a strong dose of antibiotic and then a re-test after my next period to make sure it's gone before the doctor will attempt insemination.

So, the bad news is that this creates another delay.  The good news is that, according to the doc, I'm "boring." My body is working the way it should and doing everything it's supposed to do.  As soon as she has confirmation that the infection is gone, we start trying again.  We've opted to try Clomid to boost our chances, and the doc will inseminate intra-uterine (is that the right term?).  At this point, the earliest insem will be December.  

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#269 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM

i have a quick question for the experts (yoohoo, Krista?)  i'm going to try to do an ICI this time to give myself a better chance, but i can't find any information of what kind of catheter is used to do it.  does anyone know?  do i absolutely need one?  DP is searching all these French sites and coming up with things like anuscopes and things that look like they should be used on horses.  has anyone done an ici before?  a huge merci in advance for any help!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#270 of 293 Old 10-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Lezzy -- i just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your disappointing news.  i'm sending you huge hugs from this side of the pond.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page