Support these moms losing their 2 yr old... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello queer parenting friends,

We met Amy and Mishi in our queer prenatal class. Their little Stella was born a month before our DD. Stella is dying from an agressive brain tumour that is wrapped around her brain stem. It is inoperable and they have decided to spend these last months living life to the fullest with her.

I wanted to share their blog - http://www.stellabrunermethven.com/

Our support and love does wonders - even as strangers from a distance. If you have some time please read a bit about them and somehow surround them with your loving support and care.

If you know any folks of means - spread this on. I just hate to think of families in this situation who have to worry about things like taking time off work and paying for the expenses that come up. I'd love to think they can have counselling support, messages, food, and bills paid so they can just be.

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#2 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Ah, so, so sad. I have a friend whose children have congenital brain cancer (I could write a whole rant on why there are more than two children, since they found this out when the first developed cancer at 9 weeks). They recently found out that their son has developed the cancer and are facing the treatment--it's heartbreaking. I hate that this can happen to babies. It sounds like your friends are truly surrounding their daughter with love and givng her the best possible life she can have. Sending love and support to them, and to all the families facing childhood cancer.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#3 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 PM

This is such a sad story. I'm so sorry your friends and their daughter have to go through this. What a terribly unfair hand they've been dealt :(

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#4 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 AM

I just read the whole blog. I'm so sorry for your friends and their daughter. I will follow their story and share it with others. candle.gif

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Omom, are you guys close with Aimee and Mishi?  I'm reading and following their story, holding my breath.  There just aren't any words to describe how awful this must be.  I'm sharing their story with friends and family and wondering if there is anything of value I can do for them that they don't already have - a painting of Stella?  Something special with her name painted on?  I haven't done children's portraiture before, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.  If it doesn't turn out, nobody needs to know.  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#6 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 PM

Children should not die. My heart is with these poor mamas and their sweet baby. <3

Eva, Tired Single Mama of Hurricane Bella~3/06 and Boy Bug Silas~7/08 fencing.gif

delayedvax.gifintactlact.gifcd.gif

#7 of 8 Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I have such a hard time reading this right now, being that my daughter is the same age as Stella, and my son is a newborn.  But at the same time, I feel like I should bear witness, now that I know about Stella and her family.  And so I read.  And weep.  And wish for some relief for Stella, some solace for her mothers, and a safe welcome for her little brother.  I hope they get to meet.  And hold hands.  I hope that she can touch his face, and he can know his big sister before she goes. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#8 of 8 Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 AM

Its hard to wrap the mind around something so sad.

I have a friend who has a child with a brain tumor and she amazes me. Her attitude is this, "Whatever happens tomorrow, however bad, I refuse to let it ruin TODAY". 

I'm not sure I could be so strong but it seems we don't know really how much we can handle until we have to. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page