Any single lesbian mothers or pregnant by choice or by chance? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, my name is Renee. I am 27 years old and currently 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby. My ex partner(of 7 years) and I tried for 2 years to conceive with zero luck. I went through fertility testig, used fertility drugs along with at home AI and in office IUI. Since the break up about a year ago I have dated both men and women. My last attempt at dating landed me this pregnancy. I requested that the father have no involvment and he has agreed. He's simply unfit and unable to give any emotional or financial support to my child. That's a bit of my story and I'm looking to meet other women like myself who are in similar situations.
#2 of 4 Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 AM

Hi Renee!  Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy!  Please feel free to join us over at the Queer and Pregnant board.  I don't know that we have anyone at this time who is in a very similar situation, but it's a very friendly and welcoming bunch of women.   

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

#3 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM

I would love to see what other folks have to say on this subject, myself!  I am set on having children, preferably in the next couple years.  We are currently deciding whether my partner of 3.5 years wants to be involved in kids-ing, or whether we will be splitting up soon.  So there's a good chance I'll be a queer single mama as well, though my sperm-maker of choice is interested in a co-parenting relationship, so it's a little different.

#4 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 02:21 AM

Hello. I was single at the time of conception, and am single with a 16 month old. I find that I dont really "fit" into lesbian parenting circles, most of whom have a strong bias toward "2 mommies" and there is NOTHING more invisible than a single mom. Totally pegged as a straight, single mom probably 90% of the time. That said, as far as parenting issues go, I am so happy not to be co-parenting with someone whom Im not involved with. Dating with a toddler is complicated. Im not looking for a co-parent, and yet, he is such an integral and central part of my life, theres no way to casually date... its a conundrum. I have a very strong support network, and recommend you get your "Aunties" lined up ASAP. I wouldnt be adverse to finding a partner, but soooo cautious, and would never (well cant imagine) sharing legal custody of my son. I think being single is a much bigger deal- identifier- than being lesbian at this point in my life. Sometimes I have a touch of sadness at the 2 mommies thing, and sometimes a bit resentful of the emphasis on it. Not to mention I finally got pg after TTC for a long time at the age of 45! So finding a tribe for us is a little challenging, but we hang with a mix of single moms, older moms of any stripe, and some lesbians with and without kids. Most women my age have allready raised their kids, so I did lose a few friends via lack of common interests. I freely admit to being horrible date material, cause I cant really think of anything resembling scintillating conversation anymore and am more than ready for bed (as in SLEEP) at the stroke of 9 pm! Your experience may vary of course, depending on your time and motivation, but be prepared for the shock of cold water on your social life! I cant repeat myself enough-- network NOW while you have the time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page