* jennytuck
* JennP85
* Habitat
* EmandJoHeil
* MrsPP BFPChart2.gif

2011 Graduates!
bellycast.gif
November * Aljm41910 broc1.gif * MujerMamaMismo broc1.gif
October * Vienna79 joy.gif * KSDoulaMama joy.gif *Pleasantlyfurious joy.gif *SwtRainbowBrite joy.gif * Go_Vegan joy.gif
September * Smilingsara carrot.gif * Ad Astra carrot.gif * Mumquest carrot.gif
August *Prettyisa broc1.gif
July * Onemommyonemama joy.gif
June * CrystalPerez broc1.gif* Qmama42 broc1.gif
May * KellySF carrot.gif
April * want2bmumx2 joy.gif * Indigoscot & DP joy.gif
March * Graceie broc1.gif * Seraf broc1.gif* 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#2 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This will be a strange month for me since this time last year was when I got my BFP. Hoping for threadkeeper's luck with a sticky one this time around! Please let me know if there is anything I need to change or add in bold. I will try my best to keep up! Peace.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#3 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 PM

Figured I'd repost this in the nice new thread!

Hi ladies! This is Tiney's DP- I'm so thankful we found you all, and for all your wisdom and kindness! I wish you all lots of powerful baby dust and BFP's soon if you haven't gotten one yet. To everyone who has recently- congrats!! It gives me and DP lots of hope!!

So exciting news!! We had our first appointment with our OB today, and it was awesome! We were both very nervous I think we about peed our pants in the waiting room. We had a weird interaction with the receptionist (Her: "What's your marital status?" Me: "umm..partnered? This is my spouse so however you want to categorize that" Her: "Oh so you're single?" Me: "NO this is my spouse." lol.... duh.gif) but as soon as we started talking with the doctor we calmed down. She was totally pro-gay, has lots of lesbian (and even gay couples with surragates) patients, and has LOTS of IUI experience. So here is our plan, please let us know any reactions or ideas you have!

So I'm on CD 6, and we will do our first insem next cycle. So she gave us a script for Clomid, which I will take CD 3-7 next month, then go in for an ultrasound on CD 12 or 13 and take some medication that sounds pretty much like a trigger shot, then do one vial of frozen sperm 24 hours later. We were both surprised that she only does one vial and one IUI per cycle, but she says she typically can have success within 3 cycles. Does this all sound good? We are pretty happy with it, adn SO excited to get started. jumpers.gif

Lisedea: could you add us to the waiting to be ready list? Thanks!

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#4 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Lise: Ooh! Can you add us to "Waiting to be Ready" or "Waiting to ovulate!" --Since we're starting next cycle...not sure which one we fit best! biggrinbounce.gif

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#5 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM

Tiney: sounds like a good plan. Would recommend questioning some potential modification.

1. Does she do a baseline ultrasound at CD3 to get an idea of your antracal follie count (resting follie count)? That way you know whether Clomid really worked or not when she checks you after you've been taking it and closer to ovulation. She also would need to double check that you have no cysts because Clomid can increase the chance of that and cause problems if you do have one.

2. Does she do other monitoring between CD3-7 when you're taking Clomid? I ask because some docs will adjust dosage of Clomid dependent on response. If you're not responding, they're going to up the dosage to see if they can still get you to respond. This does require extra ultrasounds though and many practices are hesitant to offer it because of cost.

3. BTW, why are you doing Clomid? I'm forgetting (sorry!) what your previous attempts were. I was on another lesbo chat board today about Clomid and there was a lot of talk (and research) about how Clomid can actually be detrimental if you ovulate normally. It can cause hostile mucous which is part of the concern. There's an increase usage just to "make it easier to get pregnant" and it's not recommended. I didn't go on it until after I had tried a number of cycles and wasn't getting pregnant. I'm not saying it's not right for you, I'm just surprised if she offered it up as the first thing. Especially when she says things like she can "typically have success within three cycles." At your age, she has a better chance that you will have success on that alone and giving you Clomid could increase that. Of course, YOU want that so I know it sounds good! There is a 10% risk of multiples using Clomid (typically twins, rarely triplets).

4. Make sure she will give you estrogen if the Clomid thins your lining. It's seriously a waste of money to inseminate if you're lining isn't good enough and Clomid can do that for some people. But if there's a plan in place, you could plump it before it's needed for implantation. I just think having a plan in place ahead of time will be good. They would check your lining when they do the ultrasound around CD12.

She is probably correct in recommending there only be one insemination per cycle. Studies have yet to prove that back-to-back inseminations with frozen sperm increase the chances of getting pregnant and in those they did find that to be true, it was extremely small.

BTW, studies have also shown (can you see I'm big on studies??) that insemination 36 hours after trigger has proven to have a higher success rate than 24 hours after trigger.

Good luck! It's exciting times for you guys.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#6 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

Threadcrashing to say congratulations to RainbowBrite, Vienna and Vegan! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Also, DP and I were cleaning out and if anyone is interested, we have a FRER pregnancy test and also a sample pack of 6 endometrin (progesterone) 100mg vaginal inserts.  We were going to toss them, but I figured I'd offer them up in case anyone wants them.  Just send me a PM if you do.

All the best and good luck to everyone here! 

Dawn

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

#7 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Lisedea~ Thanks for the nice new shinny thread!

Krista~ My DW did the same thing to me. I'm set to start back with a FET in December with the Sher Institute. She wants us to give up after we try the 3 embryos we have frozen. I have insurance so I have 3 more IVF attempts left...and I really want to try...if all 3 fail then I guess we are done, but I at least want to try. I guess an added pressure is our ages...I'm 39 and she is 53. I get that she doesn't want to be ancient when we have our kid, but I still want one. Like you said...we will see.

AFM~ I have been MIA for a bit...we are in the process of changing insurance and are set to start a FET cycle in December with the Sher Institute if all goes well. Nothing much more to report here.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#8 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 PM

Krista!  Thank you SO MUCH for all the info!  We are definitely talking about all these things as well as talking them over with the doc.  She said the reason for the Clomid is because my cycles are typically a bit long and I've been ovulating around CD 18.  She said by taking the Clomid it would shorten the length of time before O and therefore have healthier/ more viable follicles.  Does this make sense to you?  I also think it makes it easier for her to time the insems.  I mean we are okay with her method as long as it doesn't increase risks of m/c's or any other serious issues.  And we aren't too worried about multiples, either- hoping for them if we should be so blessed!  Thank you, again for your wisdom- lots to think about! More info if you think of anything else!  

#9 of 160 Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Lise: please add DW and I to waiting to O

Sorry everyone about the bold print I am having difficulty fixing this ......I don't meant to be so loud and expressive with my words.

Krista:

1. Does she do a baseline ultrasound at CD3 to get an idea of your antracal follie count (resting follie count)? That way you know whether Clomid really worked or not when she checks you after you've been taking it and closer to ovulation. She also would need to double check that you have no cysts because Clomid can increase the chance of that and cause problems if you do have one.

2. Does she do other monitoring between CD3-7 when you're taking Clomid? I ask because some docs will adjust dosage of Clomid dependent on response. If you're not responding, they're going to up the dosage to see if they can still get you to respond. This does require extra ultrasounds though and many practices are hesitant to offer it because of cost.

3. BTW, why are you doing Clomid? I'm forgetting (sorry!) what your previous attempts were. I was on another lesbo chat board today about Clomid and there was a lot of talk (and research) about how Clomid can actually be detrimental if you ovulate normally. It can cause hostile mucous which is part of the concern. There's an increase usage just to "make it easier to get pregnant" and it's not recommended. I didn't go on it until after I had tried a number of cycles and wasn't getting pregnant. I'm not saying it's not right for you, I'm just surprised if she offered it up as the first thing. Especially when she says things like she can "typically have success within three cycles." At your age, she has a better chance that you will have success on that alone and giving you Clomid could increase that. Of course, YOU want that so I know it sounds good! There is a 10% risk of multiples using Clomid (typically twins, rarely triplets).

4. Make sure she will give you estrogen if the Clomid thins your lining. It's seriously a waste of money to inseminate if you're lining isn't good enough and Clomid can do that for some people. But if there's a plan in place, you could plump it before it's needed for implantation. I just think having a plan in place ahead of time will be good. They would check your lining when they do the ultrasound around CD12.

She is probably correct in recommending there only be one insemination per cycle. Studies have yet to prove that back-to-back inseminations with frozen sperm increase the chances of getting pregnant and in those they did find that to be true, it was extremely small.

BTW, studies have also shown (can you see I'm big on studies??) that insemination 36 hours after trigger has proven to have a higher success rate than 24 hours after trigger.

Wow krista you are so knowledgable!! You had asked me in the October thread about how I track my ovulation. Here is my process: usually about CD 10 I start using OPK digital predictor kits religiously every 4 hrs and all the while I pay attn to the how the test line is getting darker. I typically get OPK smiley face usually on CD 16 or 17 and I cont to test for a while to see how the test line change in color. I've been told that once the digital test is still showing a positive reading and the test line is beginning to shift in color slightly than we do a ICI at home with frozen sperm. We typically insem about 36 hrs after initial OPK smiley face. Interesting, we started doing at home ICI since the start of the summer due to the costs and since then I think that I had implantation cramping once, prior to this I could swear that every time I did an IUI in the doctor's office I had implantation cramping. Who knows what the special secret is to all this baby making magic. I would love your thoughts about the idea of doing 2 IUIs in the same cycle at home. DW is researching the process as we speak.

Other thoughts, Krista. I have to tell you that I relate to you so well about the frustrations with being on board with your sigificant other. My DW just revealed to me today that after alittle over a year of trying she thinks that she is just getting into this process. But from my perspective, on the days when the crap hits the fan (I get AF, or some other disappointment occurs) she sometimes seems to retreat into her own world where she plays video games for hours and will give me one liner supportive statements like "You ok, it will get better." She rarely shared any outward struggles with the process which makes me feels somewhat alone. Look at that, I just made this all about me. Sorry forgive me,  I am trying to say that it is so hard to hear information DP which can be so devastating for you to hear bc now you not only have to be concerned with all your worries and thoughts with ttc and now you have to try to figure out what is going on in your relationship. Sometimes perhaps it be helpful to get clarified whether your DP's thoughts are just ideas she is brainstorming or if this is something she is coming to resolution about. I say this because sometimes my DW will just speak before she thinks and has really thought out what is bothering her, this typically is trying for me.

Lise: congrats on your great Progestrone levels. Awesome.thumb.gif

Dandylez: I'm so sorry to hear about the discovery of that infection. If you don't mind me asking, how did doctors actually suspect that you may have had an infection. Forgive me if did identify this in  earlier thread.

NOS: Wow I'm so interested in all your fun tools: so you take red raspberry tear, acupunture, fertility yoga poses (I will have to look this up, interesting.) What does "EPO for cm" mean, if that is ok to ask? These are the things that I have tried that others have recommended to me: evening primrose oil for fertile cm, and pineapple core for a few days after O. I am very interested in anything that would help with implantation and to lengthen my LH phase. I'm going to cont to take Prometrium.

Desert: I'm so sorry for the transition your little family unit will be experiencing here soon when your foster kids return to their bio parents. I think your thoughts were poignant and honest about what it is going to feel like for you and DP to be w/o the kids and be in a position of readjusting to a different way of living. I'm sure there are so many mixed emotions wrapped up in the process and I hope that both you  and DP are being able to be gentle with yourself.  You guys sound like caring devoted parents, who currently happen to be foster parents.

AFM: First and fore most, I can't not thank everyone enough for sweet kind words when I was struggling with my AF last week. So update: DW and I have decided to do two IUIs at home this month. I think this is possible and my uterus can handle this?!?. I'm going to cont to take progestrone as well since it appeared to help last month. Oh yes, I've committed to myself I'm going to work on relaxing more. Darn it, by the end of the week I hope to have scheduled acupuncture appt. I need all this: tonight my one good friend who has been my warrior sister going along with me in this process of ttc told me and my DW that she was pregnant. I so know it already. We strangely were on the same cycle this month and she wasn't sharing much when I told her AF came. She think she found out two days ago with multiple BFPs. I was in shock a little bit. But to be honest I have to say that it was truly her time. This woman is in her late 30s she has been trying for many years and has had two failed IVFs and this past cycle she said she didn't think as much about it, as much as a lesbian who takes tons of supplements and adheres to a pretty strict ttc regiment can. I am truly happy for her- and it was so kind of her to be so guarded and worried about offending me. I appreciated her sensitivity and I think this what makes her actually a great friend. A shoutout to all the kind and sensitive pregnant folks out there. You don't know how much easier you make this process. thank you.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#10 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Well, we're still waiting to be ready, but hopefully we'll try soon. We're hopefully going to use my wife's brother as a known donor for the first couple of attempts. He's going in for a semen analysis on Thursday. I insisted on getting one; I want to be sure everything is going to be GTG and we won't be wasting our time (or the drugs I'm going to have to take).

TD -my regular OB actually has a column for partnered. She's totally cool with it. The RE doesn't care either.

Congrats to all the October grads!

Mother to one dd .
#11 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm back after a fun but exhausting conference/vacation. Looks like I O'd around cd 20/21 based on ewcm and other signs. I wasn't temping or doing opks/monitor though. Bummer it was a later O again. A cd16 O last time made my cycle seem so short!

I've decided to go for the hsg in a few weeks and we hope to try again in November....our KD may be out of town though....hope to find out his schedule soon and then hope my O cooperates wink1.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#12 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Hey ladies today we are 7dpobiggrinbounce.gif and we are not sure how much longer we can wait before testing. I am still experiencing the cramping but not as offer as I was at 1dpo-5dpo.

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#13 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Thank you for the new thread Lise!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#14 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Just got an opk smiley face with a clear blue line today at 2:50 p.m. --- a full 7 days after my odd, early, smeared, positive opk last week. CM is getting wetter and I'm hoping this will be a healthy cycle despite the weirdness last week. I'm cd 23, which is not that unusual for me. We are going to do two vials this time instead of one, and probably with a pipette from the sperm bank instead of the needless syringe from the drug store. The syringe didn't reach to the bottom of the vial, forcing us to tip it precariously. Question: I've heard some people say they inseminate with a speculum in. Doesn't that let in air that could harm the sperm if you are doing ICI?

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#15 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 03:03 PM

outdoorsy: Good luck with insemination! I'm not quite sure how exposing the sperm to air could hurt. Sperm is often exposed to air in the lesbian conception process and doesn't necessarily pose a problem. But what some people seem to experience with a speculum (and why they quickly abandon one!) is that it allows for the sperm to fall back out, down through the vaginal canal and away from where you want it. So it's extremely tricky.

Hopefully others here could give you a tip or two about how to possibly avoid that??

#16 of 160 Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

I agree with Krista and was going to write in earlier but didn't have a chance. We used a speculum during one of our first ICI tries because we thought we could make it much closer to the opening and we could see where we were going. We DEFINITELY pulled out too much sperm with the speculum . After that happened, we didn't do it again. To me, it seemed as though every drop mattered and as long as I stayed upside down for a while (and rolled side to side...), most should make it to the os. We used the speculum again when we switched to IUI and since we went right into the cervix, we were safe.

You can always try...but just be aware of the chance of pulling some of it out.

#17 of 160 Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Despite my best efforts, I'm starting to get excited about trying again. This worries me, because I don't want to get disappointed and discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. How do others on here deal with this?

I've been working really hard to lose weight. My ideal weight is 125 and I was 139 when the doctor told me it would help with my cycles if I could lose 5-10 pounds. I'm not *that* far off, but every bit helps. I've lost 4 pounds so far!

Mother to one dd .
#18 of 160 Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 PM

rs11: ttc is inherently stressful no matter who you are. I'm particularly biased by I think it be particularly challenging for us lesbos. I think something that helps me is trying to focus on the smaller picture, specifically what am I doing to take care of myself and in the process bettering my odds of pregnancy on a month to month basis. When I am particularly struggling on certain days, I have to scale down my focus even more: what am I just doing in this moment that is helpful? I have really enjoyed a particular blog from Kate somebody. I think the name of it is "busted plumbing. She is so sarcastic and her witty thoughts helps lighten stressful ttc days with alot of needed humor.

AFM: So today was a interesting day. It was one year anniversary of my sweet sweet 11yr mutt passing away from lymphoma. I've been dreading this day about a month. Strangely, it was the most relaxed day I have had in awhile, mostly bc I took the day off work and focused alot of self care. I tried acupuncture for the first time and I went to the park with DW and our other dog. It was simply a nice day.

Has anyone here ever used pre-seed lubricant? I ordered it today along with other stuff in prep for next week's at home IUIs.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#19 of 160 Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 AM

Hi everyone. Im always MIA for a week then I get the time to get on. Any ways DP took a Pregnancy text 2 days ago 11DPO and it was negative. Today 13DPO and she usually starts on the 3rd sometimes 4th so we shall see if she starts.. Hopw not but if so then we probably will take a break until Dec or Jan.

Lisdea- Hopefully this is your month!

AMT- Good luck with your new donor. Thats where I found my donor but we get ours shipped cuz he is like 9 hrs away. We looked and the swimmers were still alive but no luck yet. If my DP gets her AF we may try to go visit him to get fresh sperm but not til after the holidays. There are NO donors in New Mexico. It sucks.

And good luck for everyone else!! Baby dust and Fingers Crossed.

#20 of 160 Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM

Invitn: we use preseed every time although I didn't do a great job of it this time and I'm wondering if I paid for it! Place it at least 30 minutes prior (that's where I went wrong this time). It helps in a couple of different ways. For us, we prefer it because it helps DP due the insemination and makes it easier for her to get to the opening of the cervix. For others, they use it to help facilitate the sperm swimming up to the right place, especially if they don't have the proper amount of CM. I've heard many say you don't need to use nearly as much as they recommend in the package. I use about 1/3 of the applicator, maybe 1/2. Hope that helps.

AFM: Well, after much debate with my doctors (who didn't help much) and my own diagnosis of stopping my Prometrium, my AF started. I think the Progesterone was delaying it although that had never happened to me before. I'm pretty okay with it although more disappointed that my body screwed with my head royally and made me think for a minute that I was pregnant again! I don't feel the timing was as perfect as it had been in the past so we're hopeful for next month. We've already got one donor lined up again.

I highly recommend the FDSR website. I actually recently flew to LA to do an interview for ABC's 20/20 and the owner of that website was also there. We've gotten to know each other better and I really value the service she is performing to our community.

Krista

#21 of 160 Old 11-03-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Krista--So sorry to hear about AF. I am glad you are in a good place about it but I know how disappointing it still can be. I just recently signed up for the FDSR after reading an article from...Newsweek maybe? Are you going to be on 20/20?? If so, let me know when so I can track it down on Hulu! How cool! Anyway, I don't think I can use FDSR right now with my low ovarian reserve but DP might be able to use it in the future.

rs11--I am feeling the same way that you are! Starting to get excited...but not ready to get too hopeful.

So, I am at CD 3 and just ordered my sperm to be sent out on the 11th. We will probably insem at the clinic on the 15th or 16th. I spent the day home from work today with the stomach flu. I was at a conference off island all day yesterday and spend all night puking in a hotel because it was too foggy to fly back. Yuck.

#22 of 160 Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 PM

Good evening and happy November.. the holidays are fast approaching us.... oh boy~

I have not been much of a poster.. but I do follow along every day... I have been really busy ...

Wanted to give an update.. DP still wants her break from TTC.. so  ive come to terms as much as I can.... 

So I have PCOS and have been told for 10 yrs there is really no chance I can become preg. I tried about 5 yrs ago ( a diff partner) and had no success... my re refused to do clomid or anything.. so i just accepted there was nothing I can do.. and i was ok with that...

But in July I switched to the other RE in the office who is much more pro-active and being that I am 35 .. long story short.. i started Metformin.. and had my 1st really good bleed last week... called the RE.. and now I am on 100 mg of Clomid and go for a follicle scan on Monday and if looks ok we do a trigger shot... All this came so fast my head is spinning.... RE wants to do IUI .. but we have a known donor.. and are not reg with any sperm banks.. so today I am stressed about that... I figure worse case scenario .. If my body actually cooperates and I do trigger... We can insem at home .. and then get on the ball for my next cycle if needed....DP is thrilled at the idea of it being ME to carry.. :/

I am still in a bit of shell shock and all happend pretty fast... I am staying even keeled and looking at this as .. I am happy that I am even getting the chance to try and see if the clomid will help me O... 

On the other side.. Clomid sucks... i am pretty dizzy and sick to my stomach.. she started me on the higher dose... Im counting down till im done with the C

Not much time for personals... but i am thinking of you all often.. baby dust to everyone in the TWW.. and love to everyone else...

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#23 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 07:05 AM

Hey everyone!

Lise - Thanks for the lovely new thread! I think November is a GREAT month for some BFP's! That being said...could you please move me to waiting to O? So sorry you were sick!!! And in a hotel no less greensad.gif But I am super excited for your sperm order and upcoming insem! Woohooo!

Gelly - Hi! Nice to see you! Excited for your FET!

Carmen - Nice to see you too!

Sky - Any news? Or new symptoms? Inquiring minds.... smile.gif

Outdoorsy - we use a speculum when doing ICI - after DW has pushed all the sperm out we leave it in for awhile...closing it very slowly - she kind of shakes any remaining stuff that might be stuck on the end - certainly not the most comfortable thing in the world but it works. After it's all off the end we then slooooowly pull it out - little by little. Pretty sure air exposure isn't a problem. Good luck!

Krista - 20/20?!?!? How cool! Please be sure to let us know when it is airing! 

Cananny - WOW! What change of events! So happy for you - I really hope it all works out - how amazing. It's nice to have you back!

Rainbow - You still hanging out over here? How are you feeling? I watched your youtube video where you guys find out - I BURST into tears when you're DP said "it says we're pregnant!". What an amazing moment to have on video. So beautiful. 

Desert - How are you? 

wave.gif to everyone I missed! Hope all are well and happy. It's Friday!!!

AFM - AF arrived on Monday afternoon - a witch for Halloween. But it's ok! I'm super, super stoked to be trying with a new donor this month. I don't know if you all saw my post at the end of the October thread but DW and I were looking at donors again to make a list before calling the bank - we saw that they released about 5 or 6 new guys since we had last checked. One of them is PERFECT. He could be my DW's twin. Hair, eyes, build, even ethnic background and blood type are exact. It's crazy. We loved him so much we spent the $25 bucks to get the long profile and it just solidified our initial thoughts - he even answered questions like she would. When I called the bank to place the order the guy said "good choice!" - i asked him to elaborate...he could not say enough nice things about this guy - smart, good looking, super nice, committed to the program...it made my day! The only teeny tiny downside is that he only had one vial of ICI left when I called. When they released him they only released a handful of vials for some reason - I got the last one. So now of course I'm obsessing about timing again. We did 18 hours past + opk last month - thinking of maybe doing 24 this time. Anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of waiting for the positive and then just paying close attention to my body - cm and cp and then doing it when it just feels right instead of worrying so much about exactly how many hours past opk we do it. I don't know. I feel like I am already putting tons of extra pressure on myself this month. We had decided before we started that we would do three at home and if they didn't work then we would move on to a doctor...in Feb. Sitting out Dec because of the holidays and Jan because we are going to Hawaii. I really don't want to take a two month hiatus. Third time's the charm, right? shy.gif

For those who have done acupuncture - when would you recommend getting a treatment? Before or after an insem? I can only swing one so I want to make it count. Do I tell them it's for fertility? Thanks!

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#24 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

24 hours makes sense to me... my thinking is, the egg is supposed to release within approx 24 hours of positive OPK. The egg can last up to 24 hours in your system before fertilization. Frozen sperm I've heard only live 6 or 7 hours in your system. This way you can insem around the time the egg was released or right after. Plus, if you O a little bit later, you aren't screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPP View Post
We did 18 hours past + opk last month - thinking of maybe doing 24 this time. Anyone have any advice?

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#25 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Krista: So sorry to hear about AF... Sending some love your way hug2.gif I also second Lise on the 20/20!

Cananny: Hi! I'm still pretty new around here--so I don't think I've gotten a chance to talk to you yet. What a story! And how exciting and nervewracking! (sp??). So sorry to hear that you have been struggling with PCOS.

(side note: I was just looking at a website that sells FertiliTEA--which is a loose tea which is to help with O and it seems to have been pretty successful with people with PCOS. DP and I were going to start using it--but then we read some negative reviews from people with regular cycles whose O was somewhat thrown off b/c of the fertilitea. DPs cycles are pretty regular with not history of PCOS so we've decided not to use it so we don't mess her chart up...)

Anyway...DP and I are also going to be starting on Clomid (but I think it's just 10mg) by the end of November. (Well, just DP will..lol) and then it sounds like we'll also be doing a follicle scan to make sure they're mature, etc. We'll also do an IUI in the clinic--and the doctor says we'll have some time to relax for a while after the insem--which is something we were VERY worried we wouldn't be able to do if we did the insem at the clinic. We're so excited and so excited for you!jumpers.gif Sending good vibes  goodvibes.gif and baby dust for the coming few weeks!

AFM: DP and I have some family coming over this weekend which should be really fun! We've been looking forward to it for a few weeks now--so I can't wait to get out of work! This means we also have to hide all of our baby planning..like prenatals, clomid, etc. We want to talk to them about it so badly--but we're hoping to surprise them with a pregnancy hopefully soon! They want a baby sooo bad--we've decided not to take them on the roller coaster ride of TTC with us--but instead we'll lean on some close friends. We recently had dinner with a few friends and told them about our TTC journey--we told them to keep it hush hush (which they will)--but we were SO excited to finally tell someone about it. Anyway, now I've ranted for too long...everyone have a great day!

#26 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Sounds exciting to me, lisedea! I can totally relate to the not ready to get too hopeful. But some hope is always a good thing...I think :)

rs11: Good for you on the weight loss! I was close to my goal weight when we first started this time around but going back to work (sitting a lot) has foiled that plan. I have to work harder for it now. As I said to lisedea, I can understand not wanting to get excited but really, what do you have to lose? Will you be any less disappointed if you don't get excited? If not, then why not enjoy all the good parts of being excited as well as all the crappy parts of being disappointed ;) "Suffer what there is to suffer and enjoy what there is to enjoy" :) Yes, easier said than done!

invitn: I use pre-seed every time - love it. I put it in about 5 minutes before insem'ing, use about 1/2 what is suggested, walk around while getting the syringe ready, etc. and wipe the excess away before the actual insem. I have loads of great ewcm at O time but I figure preseed falls under the "can't hurt, might help" category for me.

handerson: Sorry about the negative...any update?

Krista: Sorry about AF...good to hear you have a donor lined up again already though. Fingers crossed for you. How about we plan to be in the same DDC? ;)

Cananny: I'm SO hoping you get pregnant! Everything crossed for you!

MrsPP: Sounds like you've found your perfect donor. I hope you have exceptional timing with your one try!!

TineyDreams: Good luck with the clomid!

Afm: Well, I almost forgot about TTC while I was away (almost ;) ). I'm hoping for a good LP this time....because I didn't temp or use opks I'm not exactly sure when I O'd but I have a good idea. I keep going back and forth on going for the HSG. I thought I had made up my mind to do it but last week I changed my mind again. I have to call when AF comes to book it. I'll go back to the RE at the end of this next cycle to discuss my blood work (and HSG results if I get it). We are hoping to try again this cycle if our KD is in town. I'm starting a three week fertility "diet" on Monday - but a vegetarian version of it. I'm excited about it after not eating great while away from home for 2 weeks. I'd love a summer baby so I hope this next try is the one.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#27 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Hey girls!  Been slightly MIA... So the doc says there was nothing wrong with my eggs or swimmers (although they have low motility) so not to worry.  I've switched from Dr. Sher to Dr. Fisch and wifey and I are going to continue our journey with IUI (since insurance covers six attempts).  Can anyone suggest a sperm bank?  We have been all over the internet!  Our doctor frowned upon Cali Cryo and suggest Zygen but they didn't have photos and that is no bueno for us.  We found a cutie at Cryos NY but they have bad reviews.  We would like to settle on Cryo Lab but they don't have many ethnic choices and we only found one potential.  Thing is our doctor wants us to get ICI swimmers so he can wash, instead of IUI.  And well our Cryo Lab potential only has IUI.  And info/referrals would be greatly appreciated!!!!

lisedea - Thanks for the new thread!! thumb.gif Stomach flu sux, good luck this cycle!

Cananny - That's awesome that you are back in the TTC boat!!!  woot woot! ROTFLMAO.gif

MrsPP - That's great that you found a perfect donor!  I'm sorry he only had one vial!  What bank did you use?

Take care all!

#28 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Hey all. Sorry I've been slacking on the posting front! I read every day, just need to be better about posting.

Lise, I don't believe I thanked you for the thread! It's a lovely new month, with a blank slate. Thanks for keeping us all in line. smile.gif Also, I'm so sorry to hear you had to be sick in a hotel! That really bites.

CAnanny, I really hope this new RE is just what you needed to start your family and your meds help you get pregnant quickly. Sorry Clomid isn't treating you nicely. greensad.gif

MrsPP, thanks for asking after us! We are doing okay, will elaborate more later. I was psyched to read about your new donor! He sounds utterly fantastically perfect. This is definitely your month.

Krista, we were bummed to see this month didn't work for you and DP. Also, I hope your DP comes back around to realize she really does want kids. Sometimes I think it just gets easier to feel inclined to give up rather than keep pouring our hearts and souls into a process that is takinga long time to yield results. Have courage, I know you are persistent and strong and you can help her see the metaphorical light.

Gelly, I'm so hopeful for your upcoming FET. I also hope your DP comes around! Nobody wants to have to give up on their dreams because of their age. I certainly hope your partner won't.

I want to thank everyone for your increasingly kind words about our foster kids. We feel very supported, and it means so much to me that this is a safe place to be vulnerable. I appreciate you all, and I apologize if sometimes my constant fixation on the kids gets a bit old.

Right now, we are kind of bumming hard. DW has been sick twice since starting her period, two different kinds of sick back to back. She has been miserable. Today is cd 20, and still no smiley on our OPKs. DW usually ovulates on cd 18, so I think the illness has pushed O back. Tank has been here since Tuesday. In addition, we just discovered that this month is actually our last attempt until next summer... we had planned to try Nov and Dec, but that timing won't work. So after this... We have to be done trying for a little while.
Things are pretty disappointing in our neck of the woods.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#29 of 160 Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Desert: just sending some big hugs your way!  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif

Krista

#30 of 160 Old 11-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Just dropping in to say my DW finally got a smiley today! Although it's going to be a later ovulation than usual, we are planning to inseminate anyway, as this is our last try.
gellybeangrl likes this.

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page