Know anything about conceiving with a donor? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I am Ashlie and am looking for a little bit of advice, I am planning on using a donor to become pregnant, however i don't have a lot of information on how the whole process works, and what the success rate looks like, would any of you be able to help me out with either links or personal experience, also for those of you who did conceive with a Donor how did you tell your family and what are your plans to explain to the child?
Also I need to write a contract for this but i have no idea what a contract for something like this would look like?

#2 of 3 Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi Ashlie,

Welcome to the site! I think your best bet will be to go get a copy (some libraries have them, but you’ll probably want it often enough to just buy it) of Stephanie Brill’s New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception. That’s where most of us started off getting the basic information about what to do and when. Then head over to Queer Conceptions on this site and start talking! Everyone there is super friendly and very knowledgeable—if you have specific questions you can either ask there, or look back over this site for more info. I know donor agreements have come up before, so you can probably find an old post about it. Good luck!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#3 of 3 Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our good friend donated to us. We had no idea what we were doing so we just googled everything as we went along. It was really very simple and easy, and I got pregnant on the first try.

We found this website and it is a bit out of date in some places but it had pretty much all the info we needed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page