Queer Conceptions - December 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have been waiting (not so) patiently for five months. This morning we got a BFP!!! Holy crap! Today is 12 DPO, nice pink line on a FRER.

Psyched doesn't even begin to describe it. We literally were jumping up and down just now.

We've never gotten a positive before, so it's incredibly surreal.
Thank you all so much for your support and kindness. Hooray for Threadkeeper's Luck!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#122 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 05:20 AM

desert, I've been following your story... I'm elated for you gals! huge congrats from over here!!! joy.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#123 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 AM

Hooray Desert!!! Stick little bean!! joy.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#124 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 AM

Desert--dropping in to say CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful way to go into the holidays, especially after saying goodbye to the kids. I have been following along and am overjoyed for you and DP.joy.gif:joy Good thoughts to you for a sticky bean!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#125 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSunsets View Post

We have been waiting (not so) patiently for five months. This morning we got a BFP!!! Holy crap! Today is 12 DPO, nice pink line on a FRER.

Psyched doesn't even begin to describe it. We literally were jumping up and down just now.

We've never gotten a positive before, so it's incredibly surreal.
Thank you all so much for your support and kindness. Hooray for Threadkeeper's Luck!

YAY!! Threadkeeper's luck prevails!!!! SO happy and excited for you both :) Congratulations!!!! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#126 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM

oh Desert, i am soooo happy for you and DP.  i guess i'd better get a move on finding those french onesies!  Felicitations and huge warm hugs to you both!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#127 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 AM

DESERT!!!! I can't even begin to describe the joy I'm feeling for you and DP right now! The timing just seems so perfect - the universe giving you this special gift right after having to say goodbye to the kids. Wow! Ahhhhhh!!!! So happy! 

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Hi to everyone! I'm still lurking every once in a while - keeping tabs on y'all! I'm enjoying the hell out of my break and am in a MUCH better head space about this whole ttc business. Who ever first described this journey as a roller coaster was dead on. Happy Holidays everyone champagne.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#128 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Desert--congratulations! What an awesome present for the holidays! I just want to give you a big ol' hug.gif !!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#129 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 AM

Congratulations on the BFP Desert!!

I'm so excited for you guys.  What a great Christmas present.

I'm grinning from ear to ear as I type this!  joy.gif

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gifbroc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif banana.gif

broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gifbroc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif

banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#130 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Desert.....

It litterally made me tear up reading your news.....I've been hoping this was it....what a happy ending to the sadness you have been feeling over the kids leaving....everytime u wrote about that experience ..my heart went out to you and dp......I think the universe knew exactly what she was doing.....and to think you weren't even going to try this month....funny how things work........I'm so over the moon happy for both of you!!!!

Hi and welcome everyone new smile.gif

Afm...waiting to start progesterone until Thursday..putting O hopefully around the 3rd of January...cutting it close to us coming back from our trip to Az....earlier this week I had one day of very light spotting and I was so mad that I thought AF was coming ...that would have had me O while in Az ....but I wished it away...and someone listened to my pleas .....I am dropping off all papers to sperm bank ..decided to go with the local bank for convience and found a great donor both dp and I like .....

Hope u are all surviving the holidays!!!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#131 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Desert - I am thrilled for you!  What wonderful news!! This couldn't have come at a better time!

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

To answer your question from yesterday,  it was my partner who donated eggs the last time as well.  I heard someone call this reciprocal surrogacy? I had no idea there was a name for it!

I turned 40 this year so I am at a point where the age of my eggs could be an issue (I did six cycles of IUIs before moving on to IVF).  DP is younger (as are her eggs winky.gif and she was not particularly thrilled about carrying since her sisters and mother had very difficult pregnancies.  Plus it seemed a good way to share in the experience...   If others on the board are involved in or thinking about IVF, I am always happy to discuss further. We have stumbled through the last eight months and have learned a lot.

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#132 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Desert -Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! broc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gif

Outdoorsy -Our clinic is the same way, but they ran the insurance before we ever came in and told us exactly what would be paid for before our first consultation.

Only two more weeks until my appointment!!!!!!!

Mother to one dd .
#133 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Desert!!!!!  Yay for bad timing!  I'm so happy you stuck around for another try. Next Christmas you'll have your hands full for good. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#134 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Desert- We have been foster parents for about 4 0r 5 years now..We also had to give up our baby boy 3 years ago our lives have not been the same since.

Your story really touch our heart after all the drama of foster care YOU GOT A HAPPY ENDING FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!.. We are thrilled for you and your dp

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#135 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Desert -- that is awesome news! Here's hoping for a sticky bean for you!!! It doesn't replace your love for your foster kids, but will still be a great blessing to you and perhaps offer some healing for your hearts.

Happy Hanukkah to everyone here who celebrates!!!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#136 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 04:39 PM

joy.gifDesert-what a fantastic news just in time for the holidays.  I'm so happy for you and your DP.  Wishing you happy and healthy 9 months.  See you over at QP.joy.gif

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#137 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Desert-WOW! I am sooo happy for you and DP! You give me hope...good news after heartache. Well my heartache is just begining so FX that at the end of mine will be some good news too! Have yourself a Very Merry Christmas!!

Mrs.PP- I wish I was enjoying my break as much as you! Keep on relaxing right into your BFP :)

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#138 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM

Congratulations, Desert!  I am so happy for you!  Your story gives me so much hope!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes, everyone.  I'm grateful for this arena for my obsession, and it's so great to know that I am not the only one obsessing!  I've been getting through the wait just fine, trying to stay busy and keep myself occupied.  I also rely on acupuncture, though I'm taking a break until 2012 starts because of insurance.  Last time I saw my acupuncturist was the day before my IUI, so next time I see her I'll know what the deal is!

We're going to test on Friday.. 14dpo.  I want to avoid the testing too early rollercoaster.  I'll keep y'all posted!  Good luck to all of you!!!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#139 of 210 Old 12-20-2011, 09:04 PM

Desert, HUZZAH!!!!!!!!  That gives you a late August baby??  Ish?  So so so excited for you and DP!!!!  Congrats!  :D

afm, we're DPO 7.  I was meditating the other night (couldn't sleep) and the baby spoke to me.  It told me to be patient, I would get my proof soon.  Uhh...what???  DW thinks possible wishful thinking, but she's optimistic about this too.  She was feeling pretty pukey the other day, but it's gotten better.  She's POAS every day since Sunday, but BFN (I realize it's too early!).  I hope it's real and that I'm not just going insane...  I've always been the cool and calm one during the TWW, so the fact that I'm jumpy is a little bit tough.

Work's also been super insane.  Too many Christmas angels this year, breaks my heart.  Last year we didn't have any.  

Hope everyone is gearing up for Christmas/Solstice!!  

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#140 of 210 Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM

thanks for the headache/ migraine advice, needsgills and carmen.  

carmen- i've never heard of inhaling apple cider vinegar but we have a gallon of that stuff in the pantry, so I'm definitely going to suggest it next time! Thanks!

S suffers from migraines, unfortunately.  They're caused by muscle tension in her shoulders, which pinch nerves in her neck and so on... She sees an osteopath regularly, which helps, but doesn't prevent them all the time. We asked our doctor about what she could take during pregnancy and she told us that for all her patients who normally suffer with migraines these usually go away during pregnancy... 

S had a bad one on Friday. She tried all the alternative prevention things first, like hot and cold showers, massage, tiger balm, heat/cold, sleep, food... nothing worked. In the end we resorted to tylenol and coffee. Not ideal, but after 6 hours of pain, what other options are there?

Of course, we have no idea if she actually is pregnant or not.

We're at 12 DPO today and probably won't test until Friday.  Until the weekend I was pretty sure she was pregnant- the signs were just too overwhelming.  Then Sunday night we both came down with a horrid gastric virus- throwing up and later diarrhoea all night. Oh yes, it was a party at our house!

Monday we spent pretty much all day in bed, weak as kittens, sleeping and stumbling downstairs to make tea and weak soup... urgh, it was ghastly. We both had low-grade fevers and felt like crap.Yesterday we were (almost) back to normal, although still weak. We both went back to work.

S says she doesn't feel pregnant any more, which makes sense.  So, I guess we'll see.

Her boobs still hurt, and have for about 6 days now which is out-of-the-ordinary for her, so we'll still test on Friday.

I'll keep you posted either way!  smile.gif

Welcome, planet   Welcome.gif and esenbee2  Welcome.gif

Hope your insem goes well esenbee2.  Don't be nervous- it's an adventure!  thumb.gif

Planet- sounds like you're on a similar time-table to us. We'll be testing on Friday, too. Finger crossed for you! fingersx.gif

alphahen- good luck for today's transfer!!  shamrocksmile.gif

The numbers certainly sound good for you guys!  

I'll be following your progress with interest, as we've also discussed reciprocal surrogacy (try saying that fast before your morning coffee).  We have a similar age issue (not sure it IS an issue, actually, we're on our first try at the moment) but if things don't work out with DWs eggs after a few months, we might go down a similar route.

lisedea - sounds like your insem went very well indeed! what great timing! And back on your island safe and sound. Not fog, not air planes, not winter storms- nothing will stand in your way!  

My fingers are crossed for you!

Allison- wow, you really are having an interesting cycle! First during yoga, now the baby speaking to you during meditation... that's pretty intense!

I hope you can be patient for another few days and then get the proof you so hope for! I can't wait to hear what happens.

I'm really excited about the solstice celebrations in the city tonight.  We'll be going to a lantern procession at the Chinese Garden, which is so, so beautiful each year.  My sister also arrived from Switzerland last night, so I can't wait to see her today, and hopefully drag her with us to the lantern festival this evening.  It's one of the highlights of the year for me.

I also haven't told her of our TTC yet, so that'll be fun.  She'll have lots of questions, I'm sure.

To everyone else celebrating tonight- happy solstice! 

Tomorrow the sun starts coming back to us.

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#141 of 210 Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, everybody! Thank you all so much. We are simply ecstatic. We are also bursting at the seams, because we haven't told either of our parents and we are dying to do so. Hopefully we will get to tell DW's parents tonight and my parents and brother when we meet them at the cabin in northern AZ on Friday. We bought both sets a lovely children's book, called On the Day You Were Born, and we'll wrap them up and give them as Christmas gifts. Also considering including a photo of a digital pregnancy test wrapped in Christmas paper with only one end torn off so you can see the word "Pregnant". Time will tell.

It really does feel like this baby has been waiting on us. Waiting until we needed her or him to come along. I remembered this morning, that last January I wrote a letter to the baby asking he or she come to us in August or September, meaning conception in August or September, 2011. I guess I wasn't clear enough, because DW's tentative EDD is August 27, 2012.

Our four year wedding anniversary is August 22nd and my birthday is September 9, so I am beyond pleased to share that time of the year with a new life. Please stick around, our little cupcake! We want very much to meet you.

Okay! More than enough about us. I am thinking very happy, hopeful thoughts to all of you in the TWW! I'd love to share a DDC with some other queer families.

Also, Krista, if you are reading, our thoughts are with you. I am so sorry your OB is a horribly insensitive person and you are going through this during the holidays. Hugs to you and DP.

More personals later!

#142 of 210 Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh! Anna, my DW also thought it was worth suggesting to you that your partner get physical therapy, if she isn't already. DW has suffered several neck and spine injuries as a result of playing contact sports and has a history of nasty migraines. She tends to get a lot more when she is stressed and tense, as she tightens her shoulders and trap muscles and it messes with her neck. After an auto accident a year ago, she was referred to a physical therapist and it helped so much. Not only do they educate you on what is wrong and help stretch you out, they teach you strengthening and stretching exercises to do at home. She was also seeing a massage therapist for weekly deep tissue massages at the time.
You and DP are in our thoughts! Sore necks and migraines are awful. Good luck.

#143 of 210 Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, we are EXACTLY this nerdy:

DSC_1605.JPG

gellybeangrl likes this.

#144 of 210 Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM

i love that!

wish i could be a fly on the wall when you tell them!!!  lol.gif

#145 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 06:19 AM

Desert that is SO adorable. Have fun!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#146 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Desert, That is such a cute idea! I just wish my parents would be that thrilled as your all's parents seem like they would be to find out... I think my parents still hope that one day I'll wake up and realize, Hey, I don't want to be with a girl anymore, I think I'll go find myself a husband.... lol

So, the swim team arrived yesterday. It seems pretty surreal that there are little spermies just chilling in a box in our bedroom... It's CD 13. Been doing OPK sticks since CD 8. Last night I thought I saw a faint line, but I forgot about it and it was after 8 minutes that I read it... Checking 3 times today...

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#147 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Anyone else use fertilityfriend? If so...I think you should post your chart because the only other person I have to stalk is Carmen!! Please! I need something to do at 6dpo...ugg...

Sheepish.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#148 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 AM

esenbee--I think my parents do too!! My mom actually told me at one point during this process that it might be easier/cheaper to just find some guy. I told her she was creepy. When do you normally O? I know everyone surges differently...mine gradually gets darker and darker until it is apparently positive (MUCH darker than control line...and then I use a smiley OPK to confirm) while other people all of a sudden have a positive out of nowhere.

#149 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 AM

@Lisedea, ugh, my dad said that too (and he's a pretty conservative guy, not politically, but he's quiet and reserved and has good manners, isn't the beer drinking, testosterone fuelled dude).  I told him it was weird.  He was also turning beet red as he suggested it.  My poor dad.  ;)  We're DPO 9 today, so I'm right with you on the crazy train.  And oohhhh did the crazy train ever come to town this month (maybe it's just Christmas?).  

@Desert: love the idea.  We were planning that for Christmas morning if it's positive, since December 25 is DPO 12.  Do you think I'll jinx it if I go out and buy 2 digital pregnancy tests???  I hope there is much screeching and jumping and tears and much kissing when you announce it!!  :D  I hope someone looses their shit a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS9H3vc49kY

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#150 of 210 Old 12-22-2011, 08:28 AM

oh yes, desert, please, please- can we haz video??!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page