Queer Conceptions January 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi Carpenter Ant! Welcome. Welcome.gif

Loved your rant, by the way- and your name!

About the TWW- I think everyone has different ways of dealing with it, but I'm pretty sure we're all agreed: it's crazy-making!

And I'm also of the 'keep yer head when all about you are losing theirs' variety.

We're in our 3rd month of trying and it has got easier.  We know what to expect and are better able to distract ourselves and not obsess as much.

Still, though- it's shades of grey!

best of luck to you guys on your first attempt!

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#302 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Lise: I so hope you get to try this time! Fx for you!

Cananny: I've also got my Fx for you to get a BFP on Tuesday! I'm glad you and your DW are liking the new space. Moving is always a hassle, but it's always a relief to get settled into a new place. Our cycles seem to be pretty similar. The really funny thing is that I have a cold now too -I caught it from my DW. She had it Wednesday-Friday, and I woke up sneezing yesterday morning.

Happycalm: Everyone has an off-cycle occasionally; hopefully this will just have turned out to be yours. Since you did ovulate, that means you should be able to produce mature eggs even if none were created on this cycle. I don't have a clue what could cause it.

Outdoorsy: Chocolate has such little caffeine in it, that I can't imagine it would hurt anything unless you're either really sensitive to caffeine or are eating several bars (not squares) of dark chocolate a day. I hope this cycle has a better ending for you. Since we haven't yet gotten our BFP, I can't offer any advice about what we are doing. All I can say is that I know women who have done all kinds of things and ended up pregnant (many of whom weren't even trying to get pregnant). I guess everyone's body is different.

Mrsandmras and CarpenterAnt: There's a reason it's nicknamed the Two Week Wait of Torture, isn't it? It is just like a giant rollercoaster ride, and every little symptom make you think one thing or the other. My normally highly disciplined mind stopped working correctly around day 5 PO.

AFM: I can't wait to test. I want to *know.* I don't feel pregnant; I also don't feel like I'm not pregnant. My nausea has been getting better, but it's still been occurring somewhat. The trigger shot should be out of my system as of today, so maybe it's just hormones and stress causing it? I've never gotten nauseous while expecting AF before. Last night we went to a party at a friend's place; I had been fine most of the day, but within 10 minutes of walking in, all the assorted smells made me extremely sick. Then I went into the kitchen to get some water, and all the smells from the various foods made it even worse. That is the closest I've come to actually vomiting in a while. It eventually passed, but I was mildly sick for the rest of the night.

I have a question about testing. The nurse at the RE's office said we could test on Thursday night and it should be accurate. We really don't want to test that night, b/c we both have a horridly long day coming up this Thursday and neither one of us will be home until late. We also don't want to test Thursday morning before we go to work. Would it be accurate if we tested Wednesday night? Or should we wait until Friday to test?

Mother to one dd .
#303 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 04:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few months! It's nice to check in with you all, see how many of you are pregnant since I last checked in (yay!!) and see some new names. Right before we got our donor's sperm tested, I was in a bad place about conceiving. I was losing hope, obsessing, having nightmares that I got my period, having dreams that I got a positive pregnancy test only to wake up and realize it wasn't real, so I had to remove myself from the group for a while. I'm in a great place now, losing weight and feeling so healthy and energized, and feeling pretty relaxed about the whole getting pregnant process-- that is not to say that I'm not ready for this to happen already! :)

To catch you up on what has been going on: After finding out (after 6 months of trying) that our known donor had a sperm count and morphology problem, we've been kind of in limbo trying to figure out what to do next... We have continued to try with our donor, and actually retested his sperm to find that it had improved quite a bit, and is now in the normal range, though on the very low end of normal. We've continued to insem with him, and have now cut it down to once per month, which works better for me and also gives him time to have a few days of abstinence to build his count up.

Now, the question is what to do next, and I would love some opinions! At this point, we've been trying with his sperm for a year. For at least half that time, we were most likely using sperm that would be considered completely infertile, so bear that in mind when thinking of the next step. We are trying to choose between two options:

1) Do IUIs with his sperm. This would involve some cost, setting up a year of storage with the lab, paying every time he goes there to make a deposit, and then paying for them to wash and prep the sperm for IUIs. I would not have to pay for the IUIs themselves (as my midwife friends could do them for free) and could also do fresh insems in the same cycles. The cons of that method would be having to convince the bank that the donor and I are already sexually intimate partners and don't need a 6-month quarantine, etc. Also, depending on his count it may take several donations to come up with one good IUI sample. Even if it took him several, the cost would still favorably compare to using frozen sperm. The big pros would be that we absolutely adore our donor, he's loving, willing, and all-around great, and has COMPLETELY changed his life to work on his sperm count: supplements, no drinking or smoking, saw a urologist, etc. and we've seen the numbers go up as a result (so hopefully they will continue to). The other big pro to me is that we can continue to bank sperm from him for future bio siblings, without worrying where in the world he'll be when/if that time comes..

2) Go with a fresh but shipped donor we met online. He seems great, has 2 kids of his own, has had success with this before (both local and shipped). The cost for this would be less, though how much less depends on lots of factors.

What do you all think? Right now, we can't afford frozen and have had absolutely no luck in finding another local fresh donor, so those are not options at this point. I do fertility and conception classes and consultations as part of my practice, but it's so much harder to figure this out when it's about me! :)

Anyway, let me know what you think.... and looking forward to being a part of this again!

Me homebirth midwife (35) and DP (28) Mamas to the love of our lives, feisty toddler Lucie, and an aloof miniature poodle.
#304 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 06:23 PM

MidwifeStephPDX--

We have a KD we like who has a low count and morphology that we've been working with.  I would love to know what supplements you've been using with success.

I also want to share that we're in Oregon and have used OHSU Fertility Consultants for previous frozen IUI with KD and with bank donor.  We have discussed with our dr. at OHSU doing insems with KD without a quarantine because we are doing our own fresh sperm inseminations and thus he could be considered equivalent to a sexual partner.  Our dr. has said they have done that in the past.  We are not there yet but may be in the future.  If you are not working with OHSU and you have trouble with your current medical team, you might want to check them out.

Me (39), DP (45).  Together since 04, married in June 07.
TTC 10/10 to spring 2012.  Fall 2012--moving on to foster-adopt.

#305 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 07:33 PM

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been posting much here..I read every day though and am crossing my fingers for you all!!

I just thought I'd share a link to a free webinar tomorrow night on the effects of CoQ10. The acupuncture clinic I worked with when ttc DD suggested it for everyone over 35. I have no knowledge of the webinar other than the clinic posted a link to it.

http://www.medigogy.com/webinar/can-co-q10-turn-back-your-biological-clock

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#306 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

essenbee2 and AnnaNotherThing: sending you twogoodvibes.gif for a smooth and distraction-ridden tww that leads to wonderful BFP!!!

Nos: You will be a great threadkeeper in February and I'm more than willing to pass along this title (more about that later). Perhaps it will be fantastic luck and you won't have to jump through so many hoops just to get your conception needs met but then ofcourse then comes working with the Obgyn. Do you think France is more gay friendly when it comes to pregnancy process? For your and DP's sake, I hope France is. In the meantime, hooray for the Belgium docs and their hope instilling guidance. Good luck at your folli scan next week!!!!!!! P.S. thank you for sending the link for the calgon commercials. OMG those commercials are so hiliarious and ridiculous. I started looking up other old 80's comms on youtube..what a hoot!! 

Planet: Thank you for sharing your conception process and good luck to you lady!!  

Happycalm: What a rollarcoaster past couple of days! How aggravating! I too have had experiences where I swear that progesterone messed up my cycle big time causing being to surge earlier than usual even though RE told me that wasn't possible. So possibly hormone meds do play a role in your frustrating follicle scan experience. I'm glad that you learned that you were in fact ovulating. 

Outdoorsy: I'm so sorry you are waiting for AF. AF is so rude by possibly showing up in the first place and then she has to go and be tardy. Get some manners AF, for real.  There I told AF off for you girl <<<hugs>>>. On second thought,  have you taken anymore tests after the initial BFN? I completely understand if you haven't. I am totally one to wait it out too.

RS11: So the good news is the trigger shot is out of your system. The difficult question now: what the heck is causing those sig olfactory symptoms? From what I have heard those definitely sound like first trimester symptoms. fx for you lady.fingersx.gif

Cananny: Good luck with testing. fx for you too. fingersx.gifAs far as your question about cultivating/protecting the relationship during this process: I think it is really hard to do. I think that by far this process has been the biggest test for our relationship, particularly bc it gone on now for 1 1/2 yrs. Something that really helps is finding humor in the process for both of us. Something else that works wonders is spending time with other couples together, doing game nights and movie nights and going dancing every now and then. It's strange how you can really get perspective on your dynamic when you in a group setting.

Lisedea: Thanks for your kind thoughts related to my KD situation this past week. I'm so excited to hear that you are back in the saddle again. Yeah!!!! I have definitely heard that conceptions odds increase immediately after a hysteroscopy!!!

CarpenterAnt:   Oh girl, I so relate your torturous tww experience. I had no idea that I could be such an impatient person until I started ttc. Distracting myself and reframing curious "what if" thinking are two tasks I'm still trying to master myself. Some days are better than others. The last few days of the luteal phase are the hardest. My new obsession is watching is searching and developing an inventory of the funniest youtube videos I can find. I have to say that if you haven't seen it: I highly recommend viewing the two videos entitled "Marcel the Shell with shoes on." Totally precious and a whimsical/optimistic/random distraction. DW and I find ourselves quoting Marcel all the time...

MidwifeSteph:    Hello there. Glad to meet you. I must have arrived here during your hiatus. Welcome back. What a different dilemma you are facing! I'm sorry. It's sounds like you are really invested in your current KD and for that reason it may be worth it to consider your first option even though there is red tape related to him being a non sexual partner. My friend and her partner had to take the same course of action while pursuing IVF using their KD. So annoying. perhaps you could try a cycle or two with him pursuing this option and if it doesn't work out possibly considering your second option. Would option # 2 live in OK by any chance? Just asking bc it sounds a little like our donor. Wouldn't that be interesting.

Carmen: thanks for the link ... I will totally watch that tomorrow.  Hope everything is going well in your first trimester!

Sorry if I have missed anyone else for personals..it's been a rough week..sorry I've been a little MIA for a couple of days..

AFM: So I'm really ready for this month to come to a close. Wow it has just been mayhem in the past week for me. So after learning that our learning that our KD's wife had a miscarriage the day before our insem, DW and I did scramble around to find funds to get frozen sperm. Then I had a flurry of bad testing strips (the reference line bled) on my digital OPK. Furthermore, I never in fact got a true smiley (for the first time ever). We consulted other fertility signs that didn't really add up either but then yday on CD19, DW noticed that my cervix appeared to look somewhat different (swollen, maybe high). My temps hadn't gone up so we decided to insem instead of shipping back the sample for the bank to keep in storage for future use. Today my temp was still the same level, no rise, which never happens. So I don't really have any idea what to make of this insem at all. I am concerned that I didn't O due partly to not getting a smiley but who's knows what's what with the bum test strips. Tomorrow I am planning to contact Clearblue customer service and see if I can get a refund/rebate or something...we'll see.

For what is worth, I do want to say that I have enjoyed being the threadkeeper of this forum for January and look forward to possibly doing this at some point in the future. For those of you who got a BFP in January: Dandy, Carmen, and Planet . This thread salutes you and your prospective DPs and wishes you well on in your next adventures. For everyone else, it has been a very interesting and eventful start to 2012 and there is so much more year to come that hopefully brings good news and useful life lessons to us all. Nosreves is going to make a wonderful threadkeeper for February.

dust.gifto each and everyone of us.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#307 of 325 Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yes one more thang...let me know if anyone needs to be moved by tomorrow..so I can pass along a really accurate list to Nos. Thank you.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#308 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 AM

invitn - that sounds like such a crazy cycle. if it works, you will have such a dramatic story to tell! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#309 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

mrsandmrs: that is true.

outdoorsy: I want to apologize that I must have misinterpreted posts from the past week and I had you listed as "waiting to O." After going through the posts again, I realize that this is not necessarily where you are at all. Sorry for misinterpretation. If you would like I could move you to "waiting for AF," otherwise I encourage to keep the spirit of hope alive and will put you back on the "wanting to know" list. You don't know for sure until you know for sure.

#310 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM

BFN ......

Tested day early .....and its neg ...I prepared myself for this but I let tears flow today .....its just so unfair sometimes

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#311 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM

Oh no, Cananny I'm sorry. That sucks. I hate negative pregnancy tests SO MUCH. Hugs to you today. Hopefully you will get better news tomorrow.

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#312 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM

lisdea- Iowa excepts people who dont live in Iowa. Theres a 3 day wait to get married after you turn in your marriage application but we are having someone turn in our info so when we get there we will be all set to get married on Friday. We will get married in the court there then come back home and have a reception for family and friends. We are way excited.

AMT- Thats awesome.

#313 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 PM

cananny --  hug2.gif i'd be crying too.  i really hope it was just too early to test.  hang in there and feel free to rant if you need to.  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#314 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 PM

Cananny -- big hugs to you today. It always sucks to get a BFNFIREdevil.gif!!! All or most of us on this board have been there. I'm so sorry.

Invitn - Not to worry. I don't mind being listed as "waiting to O" because that's where I feel I am. Even though AF isn't here, I don't think I'm pregnant, and you don't need to move me to "waiting for AF," because by the time Feb. starts, it will probably be here.

Nos -- ah, France. brimming with chocolate, wine... if only they could stop keeping the lezzies down. Hooray for your few squares of dark chocolate each night! I would love to do that, but it's hard not to eat too much when we have it in the house. I'll bet you have some awesome high-quality Euro-chocolate over there that's not available in my local supermarket! Btw, corny story -- during my high school French trip I loved the Paris baguettes so much I had to bring two home for my parents, and I refused to cut them, so they were huge -- which gave the people at customs a chuckle. My classmates must have thought I was pretty odd, but I didn't care at all! My dad bakes a lot of bread but could never duplicate the taste.

Carmen -- I checked out your link on CoQ10. I had to do a little research of my own, and found this from the National Institutes of Health. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/938.html They may not be right about everything, but I think it is worth reading.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#315 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM

Cananny- Sorry your test didn't show a BFP this morning. Hang in there. It could still be on its way this cycle.

Invitn- Thank you for being such a wonderful thread keeper this month. I'm sorry the thread keepers luck didn't catch you this time around. This cycle sure has been crazy for you but like mrsandmrs said, it would be one great story to tell if this is the cycle that works for you!

MrsandMrs, MidwifeSteph and Happycalm- wave.gif fellow Pacific Northwesterners/Oregonians and Welcome/Welcome back.

Happycalm- Can I ask about your experience with OHSU? DW and I were originally planning on going with them to find a donor and for our inseminations. We still may use them in the future for insems if it doesn't work at home but we decided to go elsewhere to find a donor. We went in and met with the doctors to get all of our paperwork together but I didn't get the warm and welcoming feeling I was looking for, but that was just based on a quick chat, so I would love to know what you think.

MidwifeSteph- Gosh that is a really hard decision to make. I don't have much advice other than just to go with your gut. smile.gif  Good luck and I hope whatever you decide you can feel good about your decision and be in a place where you don't over think it.

RS- Wow about the nausea! Sounds promising!! (fingers crossed) I was wondering how many DPO is Wednesday? Also what is the sensitivity of the tests you are using? http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html This site has information about common tests and their sensitivity levels as well as some information at the bottom about how that corresponds to when you can test accurately. It's not quite as helpful as the article that I was reading last week on the subject but I can't seem to find that one now. Sorry but I hope that helps a little.

Carpenter Ant- Welcome and sorry to hear the first two test haven't shown a BFP. Its probably good that you are avoiding those few things still just in case.

Outdoorsy- regarding chocolate- I too am a believer in most things in moderation. Chocolate has such a small amount of caffeine that I am sure in small quantities wouldn't be harmful.

Anna- Thanks for sharing the video and photos. They are so interesting.

Mrsandmrs- In case you didn't get your ovulation question answered- Fertility Friend starts counting the day after ovulation, so if you O'd on Monday the 23rd today would be 6 DPO.

Desert- Thank you for sharing your thought provoking questions for the TWW. DW and I are definitely going to adopt the idea. Your DW is looking awfully cute with that little belly!

Esenbee- Congrats on your insem. It sounds like really good timing.

wave.gif to the rest of you!

AFM- I got a smiley on my OPK this afternoon and our swimmers arrived today!! Since I tend to ovulate around 48 hours ( i think) after positive OPK we will probably insem on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and then again Wednesday night. Although we are keeping a close watch on everything for now. Yay! I am so excited that it is finally here and the process is actually officially starting. Any last minute tips or suggestions on our first IUI or anything else would be warmly welcomed.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#316 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananny View Post

BFN ......
Tested day early .....and its neg ...I prepared myself for this but I let tears flow today .....its just so unfair sometimes

hug2.gif I truly hope it's just too early.

#317 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 PM

MidwifeSteph: I would definitely go with option 1 - it sounds like you have established a good relationship with him and that's so important with a KD (is he a friend of yours?). And welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invitnconceptn View Post

AFM: So I'm really ready for this month to come to a close. Wow it has just been mayhem in the past week for me. So after learning that our learning that our KD's wife had a miscarriage the day before our insem, DW and I did scramble around to find funds to get frozen sperm. Then I had a flurry of bad testing strips (the reference line bled) on my digital OPK. Furthermore, I never in fact got a true smiley (for the first time ever). We consulted other fertility signs that didn't really add up either but then yday on CD19, DW noticed that my cervix appeared to look somewhat different (swollen, maybe high). My temps hadn't gone up so we decided to insem instead of shipping back the sample for the bank to keep in storage for future use. Today my temp was still the same level, no rise, which never happens. So I don't really have any idea what to make of this insem at all. I am concerned that I didn't O due partly to not getting a smiley but who's knows what's what with the bum test strips. Tomorrow I am planning to contact Clearblue customer service and see if I can get a refund/rebate or something...we'll see.

For what is worth, I do want to say that I have enjoyed being the threadkeeper of this forum for January and look forward to possibly doing this at some point in the future. For those of you who got a BFP in January: Dandy, Carmen, and Planet . This thread salutes you and your prospective DPs and wishes you well on in your next adventures. For everyone else, it has been a very interesting and eventful start to 2012 and there is so much more year to come that hopefully brings good news and useful life lessons to us all. Nosreves is going to make a wonderful threadkeeper for February.

dust.gifto each and everyone of us.

Thanks! And I'm sorry for the what sounds like a completely whacky cycle. Perhaps the whacky factor is just what you need though!

#318 of 325 Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful22 View Post

Happycalm- Can I ask about your experience with OHSU? DW and I were originally planning on going with them to find a donor and for our inseminations. We still may use them in the future for insems if it doesn't work at home but we decided to go elsewhere to find a donor. We went in and met with the doctors to get all of our paperwork together but I didn't get the warm and welcoming feeling I was looking for, but that was just based on a quick chat, so I would love to know what you think.

We've generally been very happy at OHSU.  Here's the good stuff:

• I love Brian in Andrology (the sperm bank rep). He is incredibly helpful and personable and more than happy to give a staff perspective on their donors. They only use WTBK (willing to be known) donors at this point which was important to us (donations made before they changed their policy may not be from WTBK donors).  Brian had a long conversation with me about which donors seemed more committed to the WTBK policy when we were selecting donor sperm.  We have since switched to a KD but if we choose to use sperm from a bank, I won't hesitate to connect with Brian again.  Just FYI--the last time I spoke with him their website was way out of date and not going to be fixed real soon so anyone wanting up to date lists of donors and vial types should contact OHSU directly.
  • All the pricing for their sperm bank is upfront and all-inclusive in terms of the selecting of sperm.  No fancy bells and whistles (baby pictures and such) but you get everything they have for free (profiles and access to staff impressions and such).  No fees for calling Brian up to chat about particular donors.  OHSU seems to have a lot of integrity in their operation in this regard. I don't like all the extra fees and such that lots of banks charge.  It makes me feel like I'm shopping for sperm when I don't really want the financial/capitalistic aspect of this process to be so huge.  Also, when using OHSU's sperm, we were able to avoid storage fees because we just ordered small amount for a few months and short-term storage was included in the purchase. This worked for us because we felt there were several donor options that would work for us.
  • We have not experienced any homophobia.
  • Our doctor, Dr. Paula Amato, is very responsive with the only MyChart messaging that OHSU uses.  I can't speak for the other doctors in this regard but Dr. Amato gets right back to us when we have a question/concern.
  • They (or at least Dr. Amato) seem flexible with us regarding our KD in terms of if we want to do iui with him again (we used him for frozen iui twice in the past).  I think they will consider him to be the equivalent  of a sexual partner, thereby reducing a lot of expense and wait, should we decide to do iui or frozen donations again.
  • They have shown some understanding about the expense of ttc.  When we were considering doing an HSG that would not be covered by insurance, they suggested that we not use OHSU due to cost and instead suggested a couple of other lower-cost options.

Con

• They are a big operation.  While they have certainly been warm and welcoming, I can't say anyone knows my name after I walk out the door (well, after the last week, Dr. Amato probably knows my name).  I'm okay with this because what I want is their expertise.  I'm willing to advocate for myself and get what I need if I have a concern.  I feel like they are responsive when I need them to be.
  • This con is really an extension of the first one.  Sometimes you meet with other doctors for various procedures depending on who is scheduled to do those procedures on any given day.  My two recent ultrasounds were with other Drs. and some of my recent tests were ordered by another dr.  (David Lee and Diane Wu).  It can feel a bit disjointed to get advice/feedback from more than one physician.  Up until last week, I had only met with Dr. Amato.  She happened to be on-call for the weekends that I had Sat/Sun IUIs last year and did all the midweek IUIs as well (I've had 4 so far).  I had access to her via MyChart emails that she responded to directly but after each follicle ultrasound there were discussions about next steps.  It was not ideal to have these discussions with a dr. other than her because of the personal connection we had made with her previously.  But it isn't a big enough issue for me to consider leaving the practice.  For the record, I liked Dr. Wu better than Dr. Lee but that's probably because I prefer female physicians.

Me (39), DP (45).  Together since 04, married in June 07.
TTC 10/10 to spring 2012.  Fall 2012--moving on to foster-adopt.

#319 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 AM

Hi y'all!

Welcome to the new ones and welcome back to the ones on a break!

I feel like the board is buzzing with TWW anticipation right now! Crazy! Loving all the conversation about KD!

We've got all our dates and times sorted out for this cycle,me start Wednesday! A dear friend just announced her pregnancy (this after she made a big deal of "oh it's just not the right time, and DH isn't ready, and yadda yadda yadda"). My poor DW cried when I told her. She can't take anyone's pregnancy announcements anymore, we're into cycle #8 now, I don't know how you women do it who have been at this for longer than a year. We'll go until July (bringing us to a year ish) before we revamp the plan. We're in the process of looking for a place to live, which means moving 45 mins out of the city, and that'll happen in April/May hopefully, so if we're not pregnant by then, I honestly don't know what we'll do, since KD lives in the downtown core...  But I'm feeling really optimistic about this cycle, so hopefully we get our BFP. 

My fellow RL TTC buddy miscarried her baby at 7 weeks just before we left for vacation, so that was really sad. :( she's been trying for 2.5 years for #2, so one of the few people I didn't want to lay down and cry at the unfairness of it all when she announced her BFP. 

Im curious: how many of you guys have told the wider world that you're TTC? DW and I are very open about it, and while the genuinely curious question of "are you pregnant yet?" isn't bothering me, it's the "oh, well it'll happen, you guys will make great parents" that's incessantly grating on my nerves. What about your guys? Annoying questions? Go!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#320 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 04:40 AM

hey gals, come on over to the February QC thread! 

and a big thanks to invitin for getting us through the busy month of January. flowersforyou.gif 

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#321 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 AM

In case someone needs the link to get there:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1343807/queer-conceptions-february-2012

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#322 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 06:44 AM

Allison: I'm sorry it's taking so long :( DD took us 7 tries (4 pregnancies...but only one that stuck) and this pregnancy took us 6 tries (again, 4 pregnancies...and hopefully this one is sticky). I can't remember, have you ever had any testing done? Basic stuff like blood work, etc? Are you moving out to the burbs?

We don't tell many people we are actively ttc. If people ask us if we're going to have another child we say "we'd love to!" but other than that we don't say much. When we were ttc DD pretty much no one outside of our direct circle of friends knew so it was a shock to a lot of people when we announced the pregnancy at 13 weeks!

#323 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 12:50 PM

lise -- duh.gif ....only a few hours in and i'm already botching things up... thanks for the help :)

#324 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Well, I'm out this cycle; I started my period this morning. Apparently, I'm just really sensitive to the hormones. I've got an appointment with my RE on Thursday. I may be MIA for a couple of days, but I'll be back.

Mother to one dd .
#325 of 325 Old 01-31-2012, 03:35 PM

Rs.....big big hugs...my AF started today too....I understand 10000% if u ever wanna chat u can pm me.....

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page