Queer Conceptions January 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Carmen - you've been in my thoughts!  Here's hoping you've gotten (or are getting) good news on the beta front.  Much love.

Tiney!  Hi!  Nice to see you here!  How are things?

Krista - Happy 20/20 premiere day!  Looking forward to watching the show tonight.

rs11 - sounds like a lot of things are coming together for you!  Fingers extra crossed that this is it. 

Invitn - I'm so sorry your RE may have unnecessarily stressed you out!  Regardless of the reasoning behind it, it's unacceptable for anyone to make anyone else feel hopeless.  I hope your test results make your RE eat his terribly hurtful words.  Hugs.

outdoorsy - You're almost halfway there!  You can do it!  As far as 5-6 DPO and feeling normal, I don't think that's a bad thing.  There was not a single thing in our TWW before the BFP that made DW think she was pregnant.  She had normal pre-AF things that she's experienced in a number of other BFN cycles.  So absolutely don't give up!  Can't wait to see how things turn out for you. 

Hey everybody!  I miss you guys!  We're doing pretty good over here, DW has a TON of work ahead of her in the next 2-3 months, so we're focusing mainly on getting through that.  I, of course, have the normal workload, so I've got to find some things to do to occupy myself in her absence... oh the possibilities!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#122 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsy View Post

AFM - 5-6 DPO and feeling totally normal. Zero symptoms. What does it mean?

I won't know until the end of the 2WW........whistling.gif

I had NO symptoms at all until about 10DPO when I only had mild cramping. F/X for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSunsets View Post

Hey everybody!  I miss you guys!  We're doing pretty good over here, DW has a TON of work ahead of her in the next 2-3 months, so we're focusing mainly on getting through that.  I, of course, have the normal workload, so I've got to find some things to do to occupy myself in her absence... oh the possibilities!

You can start nesting already! lol ;)

Afm: I haven't gone for my beta yet....I'm taking DD to swimming lessons at 11:30 and I'm going to try and stop for the blood test on our way...if we're running late I won't be able to get in until later this afternoon after nap time. I should have results by tonight so I'll keep y'all updated.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#123 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 AM

Carmen-CONGRAT! Sorry it is late. Work is hell this wk and haven't had the time to read! FX for sticky bean!!

Krista-Sooo glad I haven't missed the 20/20!

AFU-DW is still healthy! But sadly it looks like we will be pushing starting to TTC back another month to March due to some medical bills rolling in that insurance didn't cover. I am trying to stay positive but all I can think is "will it ever happen", if it isn't one thing it is another.

dust.gifto each and every one of you!!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#124 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Back from follicle scan....had three on right side but were a 17.5 and two 13.0 in size, left had a few at the 13 size ..so re wants them to grow more ...but we r on a 3 day weekend so no iui possible until Tuesday ....if I get a positive opk Sunday we skip iui and do home with our Kd....
So my body is responding to clomid, yay ....

So fx the follies grow ..but not to fast !

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#125 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amt1015 View Post

Carmen-CONGRAT! Sorry it is late. Work is hell this wk and haven't had the time to read! FX for sticky bean!!

Krista-Sooo glad I haven't missed the 20/20!

AFU-DW is still healthy! But sadly it looks like we will be pushing starting to TTC back another month to March due to some medical bills rolling in that insurance didn't cover. I am trying to stay positive but all I can think is "will it ever happen", if it isn't one thing it is another.

dust.gifto each and every one of you!!

Good to hear your DP is feeling better but that must be frustrating to keep postponing. Hopefully that just means the time will be perfect when you do start :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananny View Post

Back from follicle scan....had three on right side but were a 17.5 and two 13.0 in size, left had a few at the 13 size ..so re wants them to grow more ...but we r on a 3 day weekend so no iui possible until Tuesday ....if I get a positive opk Sunday we skip iui and do home with our Kd....
So my body is responding to clomid, yay ....
So fx the follies grow ..but not to fast !

F/X for you...hoping for slow but steadily growing follicles.

Afm: Well, I passed the first test. Second beta is 518. That's about 40 hours doubling....not lightning fast but within normal :) My RE booked an u/s for February 2 when I'll be 7 weeks. That seems like a lifetime away. I'll probably start posting on queer & pregnant but if you're interested I'll update here after my u/s results. And of course I'll be here lurking and cheering you all on until you join me!

#126 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Congratulations, Carmen!  I've been checking back to see the results.  Fingers crossed for a continuing sticky baby bean.  fingersx.gif

Also, Cananny, hooray for your follies!  They sound great.

Amt, I'm so glad to hear your DP is healthy!  Whew!  Although I know it must be so incredibly frustrating to put it off, you'll get there!  Just keep swimming...

#127 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Carmen- I'm so happy your test results are looking so good!

I'll be keeping up on Q&P!  thumb.gif

So I have a question for all you ladies:

I'm having all of the following symptoms: sore boobs, mood swings, constantly hungry and feeling nausea.

That means my wife is pregnant, right???!!!?!!! winky.gif

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#128 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 PM

Err, she has much fewer symptoms. Her boobs are sore and she's eating a lot.

And she's really happy all the time this week.

Which is lovely!  joy.gif

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#129 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Hey you all!  I'm now on day 8. Halfway through the TWW!  I was kept nice and distracted these past few days because I took 40 7th graders on a 3-day trip; that was super helpful!  Now I am home and my partner is out of town so all of a sudden time feels veeeeeery slow all of a sudden.  Waiting, waiting.  Trying to be realistically hopeful and trying also not to over-analyze every single sensation I experience! ;)

Krista- I don't have a TV but I am excited to watch the 20/20 show when it's available to watch online. (I hope it will be!) Do you have a link for us?

Invitin- I agree with the majority here. . try not to lose hope!  It sounds to me like your RE may not be a great match for you.  I am hoping for you much patience, sweetness and self-care as you wait for your test results.  I am sure the information will be valuable no matter what the result.  My personal suggestions are - if possible for you (and if you haven't already tried these things) - to try acupuncture, work with a naturopath along with your RE (there are lots of simple herbs that can improve fertility and egg quality), and start interviewing other REs! 

Carmen- Super congratulations to you!  Yes please keep us updated!  I'm so happy for you. :)

AnnaNotherThing- That is hilarious!  Maybe you are picking up the rest of the symptoms for her.  My acupuncturist told me that, 6 years ago, she knew she was pregnant because she felt inexplicable joyful all of a sudden. :)

Take care, everybody!  I am thinking of all of you!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#130 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet View Post

Trying to be realistically hopeful and trying also not to over-analyze every single sensation I experience! ;)

I think that was the hardest part of the 2WW for me!  Being pregnant before has heightened my awareness of every single movement in my abdominal area so every twinge or jump I thought was something...

Hope this time is it for you guys, planet!  And good luck to everyone else in the 2WW!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#131 of 325 Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Carmen~ Congrats on your great doubling Beta numbers!  jumpers.gif

Krista~ Saw you on 20/20...you did great! Hugs.... hug2.gif

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#132 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Carmen -Congrats on the beta doubling! Fx for you!

Cananny -Good luck this weekend! I hope you don't get the surge until Monday!

Krista -I saw the 20/20 episode. You did great! I did think they skewed the story to make it seem like everyone who uses a known donor is naive and that all the men are closet pervs, which is not cool at all, but at least it got the information out there.

AFM: I went ahead and started testing with the OPK this morning. Part of me has been afraid my doc was just trying to push me off until Monday, but nope...no smiley. I checked the lines and the second line is there, but I'm still a day or two from getting the surge. I'll probably test twice tomorrow. I'm just excited that I am going to ovulate this month; I haven't ovulated on my own in months! The RE may want me to take the trigger shot on Monday or Tuesday,which is fine, but I was looking at the information on the flyer the nurse gave me and it said "may increase your risk of having multiples." The standard fertility drug warning, except that it didn't say what the increased chances are. Being curious, I looked it up. It's 31%! That's a huge increase. The tamoxifen, like clomid, increases your chances to about 10%. Together ,that's a 41% chance and since I'm PCOS, the odds are even higher. You might as well call it 50/50. I told DW that and her eyes got a bit round.

I'm not worried about it, by any means, but I'm glad to know what the chances are. I can see why they don't put it on the flyer -a lot of women would freak out. It also, naturally, increases your chances of conception, and I am certainly fine with that!

Mother to one dd .
#133 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM

I watched the 20/20 segment!  Krista, you were so great - so articulate and calm, even in response to the host's "probing" questions.  Your story, along with the other two women's stories, will help raise awareness about the fact that there are many different ways to get pregnant nowadays, which is so important!  Your stories will also help many people out there feel less isolated in their mission to get pregnant.  I did not like the narrator's judgmental tone nor the host's questioning style, but I think the stories are powerful and all of you women were very confident, self assured and on point, which is so much more compelling and convincing than the show's incendiary tone.  Good job!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#134 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM

ABC.com has the show up!  For those of us in the States, here's the link: http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55163327/2020-113-madonna-and-new-sex

#135 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM

CARMEN!!!!!  omg, i haven't been on qc for a while and LOOK what happens while i'm gone!!  wow!!!  big congrats on your bfp AND the awesome doubling time.  :) :) :)  soooo exciting.  :)  stick to the pole little bean!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#136 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

CARMEN!!!!!  omg, i haven't been on qc for a while and LOOK what happens while i'm gone!!  wow!!!  big congrats on your bfp AND the awesome doubling time.  :) :) :)  soooo exciting.  :)  stick to the pole little bean!

g

Thanks! Hoping this is the one!

#137 of 325 Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM

Hola Amigas!!!

Carmen, sooooo happy for you guys!!! Here's to hoping it sticks!!!

Invite: your RE sounds like a douchebag.  I hope things work out for you guys though!!

cananny: good thoughts to you!!!!

Anna: wishing you well in the 2WW

Krista: I can't wait to see it!! I was hoping that because we have American Netflix down here that we would be able to get americanfeed, but no dice...

AFU: we didn't end up inseminating before we left, too much to do, not enou time and my poor DW was miserably diseased with a yucky cold (which I have since caught). I'm glad we didn't though, because I would have been on edge the entire time (who wants to worry about drunken embryos???). We're not entirely sure when she O'd since she got a fever and then we forgot to check for a day, but her temp is nice and high now, so we'll be nicely on schedule for our feb insem. :). There hasn't been a lot of beach bumming yet, our family has a condo that's been empty for 10 months due to medical issues, so it's pretty grimy (my FIL is down here half the year, and he had a heart attack in October, only days before he was to come down, and he flew back early for our wedding last spring).  Lots of elbow greasy and soap has got it back to its shiny state.

And before y'all jump down my throat, we have Internet at the condo. DW is currently making fondu. Yum!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#138 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post

So I have a question for all you ladies:

I'm having all of the following symptoms: sore boobs, mood swings, constantly hungry and feeling nausea.

That means my wife is pregnant, right???!!!?!!! winky.gif

Yes, I'd definitely agree Anna!! Probably pretty accurate signs! ROTFLMAO.gifFX for you guys during this TWW!!!!

Krista: I didn't see the 20/20 episode.  I couldn't be home to watch it, and Tunnelbear isn't working for me, so I'm still blocked. I hope it went well, and that you're happy with the final product and how you were portrayed.

RS: Excited that you're going to trigger soon!!!  The chance of multiples is definitely a dicey thing.  DP and I were kind of excited about the prospect of twins.  We kept jokingly saying 2 for the price of 1. But really, we know we want a couple of LO, so it was kind of fun (and scary) to imagine them both coming at once. But we're probably crazy!

Outdoorsy and Planet and Anna: 2whistle.gif This feels like it's been the longest week of my life, and there's just one more to go.  Thinking of us as we try not to think about it! fingersx.gif

Desert: Good to see you poking your head in!! Hope you're doing well!

Carmen: Great beta!!!!!!! energy.gif So excited for you!!!

Amt: That's crappy that you have to push back to March. I know how it feels to have to wait because of financial stuff.  Thinking about you and wishing you the best luck for the next cycle! hug2.gif

Cananny: That sounds like great follicle growth!! Here's to a good insem this weekend, or a good IUI soon.  Did I understand right? Does the clinic shut down on weekends so that you can't IUI if you O over the weekend???

Allison: It's great that you guys can relax and just enjoy  the vacation!! Have a few drinks, eat some sushi, and enjoy it!!!  Her body will probably appreciate the break from TTC and be ready for a new cycle when you get back.

AFM I'm hanging on through the TWW.  I went for a progesterone level check this morning.  The nurse will call if it's low and I'll get some supplements, so just waiting to hear.  I've been having that CM that I so kindly described to you all, and some low level cramping the day before yesterday. Other than that, no real symptoms at 7DPO.

Do-di-do-di-do! 2whistle.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#139 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandylez View Post

Yes, I'd definitely agree Anna!! Probably pretty accurate signs! ROTFLMAO.gif FX for you guys during this TWW!!!!

Krista: I didn't see the 20/20 episode.  I couldn't be home to watch it, and Tunnelbear isn't working for me, so I'm still blocked. I hope it went well, and that you're happy with the final product and how you were portrayed.

RS: Excited that you're going to trigger soon!!!  The chance of multiples is definitely a dicey thing.  DP and I were kind of excited about the prospect of twins.  We kept jokingly saying 2 for the price of 1. But really, we know we want a couple of LO, so it was kind of fun (and scary) to imagine them both coming at once. But we're probably crazy!

Outdoorsy and Planet and Anna: 2whistle.gif This feels like it's been the longest week of my life, and there's just one more to go.  Thinking of us as we try not to think about it! fingersx.gif

Desert: Good to see you poking your head in!! Hope you're doing well!

Carmen: Great beta!!!!!!! energy.gif So excited for you!!!

Amt: That's crappy that you have to push back to March. I know how it feels to have to wait because of financial stuff.  Thinking about you and wishing you the best luck for the next cycle! hug2.gif

Cananny: That sounds like great follicle growth!! Here's to a good insem this weekend, or a good IUI soon.  Did I understand right? Does the clinic shut down on weekends so that you can't IUI if you O over the weekend???

Allison: It's great that you guys can relax and just enjoy  the vacation!! Have a few drinks, eat some sushi, and enjoy it!!!  Her body will probably appreciate the break from TTC and be ready for a new cycle when you get back.

AFM I'm hanging on through the TWW.  I went for a progesterone level check this morning.  The nurse will call if it's low and I'll get some supplements, so just waiting to hear.  I've been having that CM that I so kindly described to you all, and some low level cramping the day before yesterday. Other than that, no real symptoms at 7DPO.
Do-di-do-di-do! 2whistle.gif

Yes my re is closed on sun....and its a holiday Monday, so that's why closed all weekend and Monday ..so if we can hold out ..I can do iui on Tuesday when office re opens !

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#140 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 10:06 AM

Wow, that really sucks, Cananny.  Our clinic closes only on Christmas and New Year's Day, but otherwise they have a staff on for a couple of hours every morning to do ultrasounds, bloodwork, and insems if needed.  That must be very frustrating and a bit stressful for you. irked.gif

AFM... yep, low progesterone, so I picked up some supplements (holy crap, the bill for the month just keeps adding up), and I'll start tonight before bed.  The side effects sound icky, and pretty much like pregnancy symptoms, so I can't drive myself crazy playing the guessing game.  Well, I can, but I shouldn't! winky.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#141 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 12:14 PM

Cananny: That does suck. My RE has a nurse on-call to do IUIs on the weekend if need be. They only do it if absolutely necessary, but they don't want someone to miss a cycle because "O" day falls on the weekend!

Dandy: The risks for multiples doesn't bother us. We want more than one LO as well, and we're willing to take the risk. DW has a set of "Clomid triplets" in her family, so we know exactly what we would be getting into!

AFM: No smiley on the OPK this morning. Unless I get one tonight, I will probably be getting the trigger shot tomorrow and then doing the IUI on Tuesday. I go back in for another follicle scan first thing in the morning. As for the bill thing, I am SO glad my insurance is covering my u/s and bloodwork. The bill for that this month alone has already surpassed the cost of the sperm -and we're in for another round tomorrow morning. All I've had to pay for so far is my copay to see to the doctor on the 3rd.

FX for everyone on the TWW!

Mother to one dd .
#142 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM

Seems my follies behaved!!! No positive on opk so we will get to do iui!!!!! Yay

Yeah sucks for closing but it cost me 20.00 to use them (kaiser insurance) sooo I can't complain and lucky we have a back up plan with a Kd !!!

#143 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 06:52 PM

first of all (and belatedly):

Carmen!!!!!!!! carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif

yay for the BFP and the great betas!  I have a good feeling that this little bean will be a sticky one.  I've got all my digits tightly crossed for you!

Krista --  DP and i watched you on 20/20 yesterday!  It was so cool to see you "live" and hear your voice.  You sounded just as knowledgeable as you do here.  I have to tell you, though, that DP was absolutely appalled at the obviously negative/judgemental slant of the piece.  I'd forgotten how sensational American news programs can be.  The interviewer's facial expression seemed to alternate between shock and disgust when she was talking to the people who were doing the inseminations, yet she seemed much more neutral towards (or even supportive of) the straight woman who was sleeping with her donors.  We also think it's absolutely insane that the govt is trying to intervene and prevent your donor from continuing to donate.  Seriously, wtf?   What I found most disappointing, though, was the absence of your dog in the scene in your car. :D  Anyway, it was a treat to watch, and I hope you'll continue speaking out!

invitn -- first of all, i'm so sorry about the RE.  if the negativity continues, i really think you should change docs.  i think as long as you have a healthy, functioning uterus, pregnancy should be possible.  hell, i have a friend who lost her ovaries at 16 and she was able to get pregnant with one of her wife's embryos (now a 2 year old child).   i know it's not the same thing as your situation, but my friend spent most her adult life thinking that she'd never carry a child.  please don't let this woman destroy your hope!  also, thanks for the good wishes for the u/s...i'll tell more about that below.  as for the lap, they said they want to do it to rule out pathologies like endo.  

cananny -- what's going on with the opks?  have you made it this far without a positive?  i hope so! it's weird that the clinic closes down like that...  

rs -- still no smilies for you, either?  i think the trigger shots are brilliant in terms of timing, and i've heard it can give you a better ovulation (whatever that means) and give support to the lining.  my docs in belgium want me to do a trigger for ovulation and then another shot a week later for luteal support.  and i totally know what you mean about the clomid!  i spent one day wandering around amsterdam (one of my favorite cities on earth) in a tearful, near-suicidal funk because of that drug.  i never experienced the rage, though, until i was taking estrace. let us know what happens with the trigger and insemination!

anna -- thankya muchly for the tunnelbear link!  i'd tried other similar programs but none of them worked as well as tb does.  i'm stoked to be able to watch my bbc and channel 4 docs again!  how's the tww going?  are ya'll going to test or wait it out?

dandy -- my, what big balls you have there.  if those don't work, i don't know what will!  low level cramping around 7dpo sounds promising!  fingers crossed that it's from implantation.

sorry if i missed anyone else...it's after 3am here, and my brain is a bit blurry.

afm....  well, my u/s was both exciting and disappointing.  the estrace apparently worked, because my lining was 10mm at cd12 (the thickest it's ever been in all my monitoring).  however, i had no follicles above 7,5mm and that one was on the side that's supposedly blocked.  i stopped the estrace and started doing opks a few days just in case my follies decided to magically start growing, but so far nothing.  this month is a bust for me, i guess.  i'm happy to see that my lining can get thick, though, and i think it will do very well on injectibles.    DP went ahead an insemmed twice this week, but like me, she's not sure about ovulation.  I can't help but wonder if the hsg has something to do with it.  In any case, she'll be starting her IUIs in about a month!

i did a lot of thinking and reading about the laparoscopy, and after finding out that i would have to miss as much as 4 weeks of work (!!!) and seeing that the surgery can actually create adhesions and other problems, i decided to write the belgian docs and ask if they'd be willing to attempt a few iuis first.  i realllly don't want to have the lap, but if it's absolutely necessary, i'd like to wait until the summer when i have four months off and don't have to worry about lost pay.  i have no idea what i'm going to do if they say no....  if they do say yes, i'll be starting 75 ui of puregon (follistim, i think) as soon as AF arrives.

it's bedtime in froggyland!  here's wishing you all a great week full of BFPs and perfectly timed insems!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#144 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 06:59 PM

cananny -- just saw your post.  YAY!!!!! when are you doing the insem?  fx big time!  goodvibes.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#145 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

First of all, thank you thank you to everyone's kind encouraging and wise words about my last post re: being told by doctor that my ovarian reserves need to be checked. I felt very sad and somewhat deflated as I sat in my car after that appt last Wednesday and it has meant so much to read your guys ideas/support. This is exactly why I love this site. I don't know how I walked through the ups and downs of this process before I found a community of such intelligent and kind other lezzies. thanks.gif

Krista: Lady you were brilliant on 20/20..so calm, collected and articulate. You came across so flawless in your responses. You definitely sounded a lot more savvy and professional than the narrator/interviewer who was particularly obnoxious and overly judgmental (like a FOX news anchor) with the first woman's segment (woman married who met donor in hotel room for AI). It is completely ridiculous that the govt has anything to do with what your donor chooses to do with his own bodily functions. I thought it was particularly cute (and awesome) that your donor takes such a vested interest in his viability of his swimmers..with those fertility shakes.

As far as you questioning issues with your own egg quality, my friend (going to be 38) who tried to conceive for 2 1/2 years checked out a fertility clinic in Chicago online who was doing research and treatment with women who have had repeated marriages. I will get the name of the clinic just so you have it. Anyway,from what I remembering her saying, the clinic particularly explore autoimmune issues related to the miscarriages. My friend started taking a supplement called Wobezyme which I think is supposed to help with possibly autoimmune issues and within 2 months of taking it she got pregnant and she is currently 16 weeks or so along. My friend really thought that Wobezyme had a lot to do with her getting pregnant, (thinking she had been having multiple chemical pregnancies). I asked my RE about this supplement and she said that she doesn't think it going to help the uterus/or anything with fertility at all. I really need to see a naturapath. I realize that getting pregnant is not your particular issue but if you haven't heard of this supplement you might want to check it/talk to naturapath about it so at the very least you can add it to your arsenal of fertility knowledge. smile.gif

And thank you thank you to your feedback: My doctor didn't bring up me getting a LH tested, just FSH and AMH. Do u think that will matter? Should I ask my doc about it? Also it was very interesting to hear you say that eggs shells can harden as women age.

Carmen: I'm so happy that your beta numbers are doing what they are supposed to do. Good luck at your appt on Feb 2. I would love to know more about what you know about CoQ10. I have heard of this but I don't know much.

RS11: It seems like all the pieces are being put in place for your next insem, yeah! The issue of possible multiples is very real, but it's part of the gamble but what a worthwhile gamble.

Amt1015: So sorry to hear about the medical bills is causing you guys to push back ttc for a month. That is really hard to deal with especially if you were planning to try. What a pain! This has happened to DW and I a couple different times and it's always particularly agonizing for me. DW is typically the more rational money manager of the two of us. I applaud you for being so responsible with your fiances and this process and doing what makes sense.

Cananny: Yeah good luck on your insem!!!!!

Planet: oh the waiting waiting waiting of the tww....it definitely sucks. I recommend focusing externally or when you notice a sensation just try to refocus on your breath, or another sensation that you will naturally be less judgmental about. Hugs.

Dandy: Too bad you have to be on progesterone right now but I hope that your cramping a couple of days ago was that little bean trying to implant.

Nosreves: I hope you get a favorable reply from your docs in Belgium.

AFM: I have had a whirlwind of a weekend. I worked all day yesterday, hosting an educational workshop. I'm always so pooped after these gigs and today I had my 3 yr old niece's birthday party. There was about 15 kids under 5 running around with musical instruments at one point- yep it was cute but boy was I overly stimulated.

Tomorrow I should hear from my RE about my ovarian reserve testing. I will check back in then.

Have a wonderful start to the week everybody.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#146 of 325 Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

cananny -- just saw your post.  YAY!!!!! when are you doing the insem?  fx big time!  goodvibes.gif

Still no pos on opk!!!! So doing iui on Tuesday ..will trigger tomorrow ...I luckily have a friend who's a nurse in l/d so she will mix and do the shot for me !!!! cold.gif

#147 of 325 Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 AM

OMG, so it turns out that the OPKs aren't as accurate as they would like you to believe. Apparently, my line yesterday was a faint positive that didn't trigger the test. I suspected as much when I woke up this morning to find sharp pains in my right side. The u/s at the doctors confirmed that I am ovulating; we're waiting on bloodwork to see where I am in the process and if we need to do the IUI today. She said she would call me in a couple of hours to let me know. I expect we're either going back in for the IUI or we're going to have missed this cycle, but I am definitely cramping bad right now.

I'm also cramping some on my left side; not surprising, since I have a 15 mm follicle there as well that will probably be really in the next day or two!

Fx crossed that I haven't missed this cycle. This is going to be a long two hours.

Mother to one dd .
#148 of 325 Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 AM

Morning everyone. Still zero symptoms for me at 8-9 DPO. In past cycles I've had symptoms I've thought might be pregnancy but were really my body getting ready for AF, so the absence of symptoms I find sort of comforting.

Dandylez, Planet, Anna -- fingers crossed for the 2WW crew and anyone else I may have forgotten!fingersx.gif

And to everyone who is taking the stems toward a future insem.... here's hoping for a good week ahead.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#149 of 325 Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Thanks to everyone who tuned in and watched the 20/20 piece. Overall, I was pleased with it. DP was not. She ended up freaking out because her photo was on there and didn't want to go to work today for fear someone saw her. Needless to say, it was a little rough on Saturday as I got the silent treatment during our 9 mile run... But she's better now. She's just such a private person and I'm not.

Yes, Elizabeth Vargas did seem to have some bias and you could tell during her interviews. Interestingly, I believe her children are the result of IVF as she had them in her early 40s, almost mid-40s. She should understand the difficulties of getting pregnant and the lengths we'll go to in order to have a child. You probably didn't notice, but she actually never interviewed me so luckily, she couldn't show her biased facial expressions in relation to me! I had flown to LA to interview with her but she ended up being quite sick and couldn't. And now, looking at the piece, I'm glad she didn't.

I've gotten to know the other two women in the piece so it's been quite a journey. One has had four miscarriages and the other three (one at four months along) so we're a unique little group. But my media days (related to infertility!) are over. I've said my piece and I'm glad to have gotten the info out there. Now, I will just continue to spout my beliefs here. ROTFLMAO.gif

Invited: thanks for the info on the enzyme. I am debating whether I try to find a clinic that specializes in or looks at repeat miscarriages. I have to talk with my IVF doctor first and then decide. I need to know how much she knows first. My plan is to get a full workup of hormonal and autoimmune issues. I'm going to have to use three sources to get it done though -- Kaiser (my insurance), IVF clinic and the Alan Biers Center which is a speciality clinic that only does testing and will basically fill in the blanks where your clinic or insurance doesn't. Amazing that I have to work three places to really get the answers I need, but so be it. I'm getting used to it.

Cannany: crossing my fingers everything works with the insem and timing.

RS11: WTF? I know you can't just depend on OPKs but I know you weren't as you're monitoring other signs. I can't remember the statistic but it's quite high, for those that OPKs are not accurate (meaning they might read one thing but an ultrasound reads another). I guess that's why Stephanie Brill's Guide to Lesbian Conception recommends when 3 signs line up, go with your gut. It's hard though, I know. You constantly question yourself and modern medicine makes you question as well! Best of luck. I'm hoping it works for you despite everything.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#150 of 325 Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Okay, so now I don't know what to think and I'm getting a bit emotional. I just talked to the nurse and she said the bloodwork shows I haven't ovulated yet, but that's not what it looked like on the u/s, especially on the right side (that follicle was collapsing). The one on the left is still growing. The bottom line is, they want me to come back in on Wednesday for more bloodwork and another u/s and they may consider putting me on another medication.

The thing is...I feel like I've ovulated. I've been cramping like I have and I've had lots of the white CM today. So I don't know if maybe they're just trying to stretch it out a little longer before telling me this cycle is a bust (and collect another $350 from the insurance company while they're at it) or what.

Mother to one dd .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page