Queer, Pregnant and Parenting January, February and March 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 745 Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertSunsets View Post

Carmen - what day is acupuncture day?  I really need to look into finding someone here for DW... although I don't know if she's sold on acupuncture.  I wish she would be!

Afu, things are going well at our house!  DW worked a ton this weekend but she survived and she is feeling good enough today to make homemade ice cream with another gluten-free friend.  They are making cookies n' creme and one other kind of ice cream - not sure what.  Saturday I made her homemade sea salt crackers, graham crackers, and cherries and oatmeal brown sugar cookies.  And yesterday I began teaching myself to embroider!  Really looking forward to doing a little bit of cute doodly-type embroidery on some onesies. 

Happy Monday, all! 

My appointment is tomorrow...I can't wait! For me, it has been amazing during the journey...your DP should try it! I'm also gluten free :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 745 Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM

Yup I am coming out of hiding... momentarily winky.gif

Indigo:biggrinbounce.gifCONGRATS!! jumpers.gif Welcome to the world little A

Sara: You are def starting to get a bonafied bump! And aren't those movements wonderful orngbiggrin.gif I have somehow been overlooked and I am not on the list can you please add me to the June 2012 EDD category?

Alphahen:  Welcome.gif

Qmama: Wow you are getting to the end quickly!

Seraf: What cute socks! S is getting big quick! And he is always so alert in pics!

Library: I just LOVE that pic of Alice she is getting SO big!

Carmen: Woooooo-Hoooooooo!!! Here is to a sticky bean!! You so deserve this!

Desert: I am happy to hear that everything is going well!

Ahope: I am happy to hear the Lilah is feeling better and she sounds like a ball of fun!

AFM: Not a whole lot new is going on over here, it has been a very busy New Year already and with our Wedding less than 26 days away I have been buried in Wedding DIY Projects. It feels good to be in the 2nd trimester, I am starting to get my energy back and even my morning sickness cuts me some slack here and there! It has been great to feel the little bean kicking and moving all around so I am def enjoying pregnancy! With the help of the doppler DP is able to interact with the little one as well! Here is a pic of us from New Years:

PC300528.JPG

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#123 of 745 Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Hi Brite!!  It's so lovely to see you.   And look how gorgeous you are!  Your wedding is coming up so soon!  Can't wait to see photos from that.  

So for anybody interested, the video from the night we told my family about our pregnancy is finally up and running.  You can view it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwdCaUNl22k  DW has a ponytail, I'm wearing glasses and a newsboy cap.  Mom, Dad, and my brother should be pretty obvious as to who they are.  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#124 of 745 Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

rainbow: Welcome back! Best of luck with your wedding projects and the wedding too! I'm adding you to the list, right now! :-) 

AmandaHope: How's the little one's little bum?! Sara says: "Could it be yeast that she has?

AFM:  Seems there is still no end to this morning sickness thing. Also, I almost split a beer with Sara tonight and then realized I CANNOT have any alcohol or I will get violently ill, because of this stupid antibiotic. Off to enjoy my buffalo chicken dip that Shay helped make tonight! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#125 of 745 Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM

Rainbow, cute bump! 

Desert, cute video. Some really weird ones to pick from after. 

Library, how was your trip? I bet you family was glad to have you home. 

AmandaHope, has L started at the new daycare?  How is she liking that? 

Pretty good day yesterday. Got some beads to make the boys necklaces. Brought the supplies to work so I might get to construct them today. When we were out shopping yesterday Shay was totally dry. I guess we are hitting that lovely 2 month dry spell. I'm happy about that since we are about to take him on a trip and only plan on taking 12 diapers. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#126 of 745 Old 01-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Hello all~ Glad to be back! Y'all have been pretty active in my absence, I'll do my best to catch up!

The trip went really well!  Our overnight plan worked perfectly. Up at 2, out of the house around 3 and just zoomed along a totally empty highway.  Got into the Flint Hills just as the sky started to change color. It was really beautiful!  And Alice slept the entire way, just perfectly. Woke up briefly when we stopped for gas, but just smiled a bit then dozed again when we got underway. Woke at 8 when we stopped for breakfast, then slept again the last little bit of the trip.AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I think of how she's grown since we drove to New Orleans stopping to nurse every couple of hours, this was MAGIC!  Then on the way home Sunday she was still great! Two long naps, playing and chattering while she was awake, and only getting really fussy just as we were an hour from home (and I don't blame her~ I was tired of the car too!)   We had fun at our friend's wedding, even though I had to take Alice back up to our hotel room for bed and didn't get to stay for much of the reception.  There were several babies in attendance and Alice was quiet during the ceremony, though several other babies were very noisy! Is it mean that I was excited that it was someone else's kid acting up for once?  I also noticed that every other person with baby at the wedding pacified their kid by pulling out their iphone and sticking some sort of cartoons right in front of their kid's face. I guess I could do that to Alice but it just doesn't seem right.   Anyhoo~ good times!!!   I'm still nervous about Dallas this weekend, but it's just come to my attention that the woman I'm rooming with might have to cancel, which would be more of a financial burden for me, but will free up the room for Alice and DP to come along. I'm still not going to know what's happening until it happens. Fortunately I"m ok with that.

I'm freaking out busy at work, so I'm sorry I don't have time for retro-personals but I'll keep up from now on, I swear!!

Much love to all xoxox

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#127 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 AM

I made it to 5 weeks! Not a huge milestone normally but it somehow feels big to me.

#128 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

carmen thats great stuff! Just two more weeks until you get to see that little one's heart beating away!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#129 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 AM

Good morning all

Library, I was confused about what trip was when. I'm glad you had a good one!  Alice sounds like she is settling down quite a bit. I can't say I ever would have thought to play a video to get my baby to sit still. I Have given the bigger kids my phone to play with at the doctor's office when we have to wait forever. 

Carmen, 5 weeks is great! Getting past that 4th week has been your struggle, right?  Are you doing something differently? Is your DD still nursing as much? O started nursing much less when I got pregnant with A. He night weaned in the first few weeks and then only nursed once or twice a day by the end of the first trimester.  

#130 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM

Baby Girl had to make an early appearance. Born this morning via emergency c-section, weighing 4lbs, 2oz. She's in the NICU where she'll be for at least the next few days. We are tired, but happy and encouraged. I can't thank this community enough for sticking with me through ttc, pregnancy and now the birth of this sweet, tiny baby. More details to come...

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#131 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

aww! congrats qmama and to your family! I'm glad she's out and safe! Can't wait to see her darling face! Does she have a name yet!? How are you feeling?! 

#132 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Desert—that sounds like a fun job! Well, except for the catholic youth retreat part. But most likely people won’t be too judgy since all pregnant women are by definition straight, right? They’ll just assume she’s got a nice husband somewhere… I’ve been trying to be vague about my due date to extend it about a week so people won’t harass me too much if (when?) I go late, so maybe a little indecision will come in handy.

Escher—he sounds like he’s getting to be lots of fun! I forget—are you planning to go back to work, or do you get to stay home for a long time with your little boy?

AHope—I’d be happy to re-sew things for you if you’d like! Also, I think you’re so funny with your carrier obsession! It makes me feel better about what I imagine my future is going to look like…Glad L is feeling better! Diaper rash has got to suck.

Brite—you two are so cute! I can’t handle it! And I can’t wait to hear how the wedding goes (and see some pics?)!!

Sara—glad you caught yourself! I’d have a hard time remembering NO alcohol. I haven’t been drinking much, especially lately, but I always taste DP’s beers to see what they’re like. Hope you get over the hump and start feeling better soon!

Library—your trip sounds nice! Hopefully this weekend will go just perfectly (whichever way it turns out). Sorry I can’t be there to join in the fun!

Carmen—hurray for 5 weeks! Every day brings you closer to the next milestone—I agree with Sara, seeing the heartbeat will be so awesome!

AFM—nice relaxing weekend up in Wisconsin. I don’t think that Door County is a place we’ll be going again any time soon (not enough places to walk to, lots of driving, etc) but our room had a HUGE bathtub, a fireplace, and a view to the mostly-frozen harbor. It also was too hot all the time so we could open the balcony doors and hear the waves crashing, which was pretty fabulous. And look! I even took some pictures for you!
Other than that, I’ve officially crossed into the third trimester, and now I am getting less comfortable. Rib and back pain have set in, along with a sort of generalized malaise, which I’m really hoping is temporary.

something about wisconsin gave me the most awesome bed-head I think I've ever had.

my lovely wife, preparing for parenthood. We also found The Nursing Mother's Companion, How to Raise a Gentleman (just in case), and two choose your own adventure books at this thrift store...

and finally, me looking preggo on our balcony.

Also, I hope she won’t mind me posting it, but please send good vibes to Qmama—she was admitted to the hospital last night, so please keep her and her baby in your thoughts today.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#133 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM

Love the photo, btw, brite! You both look so happy smile.gif it makes me smile.

Congratulations, qmama!! I hope you and your baby girl are doing well....take care.

Seraf, this time around, yes, getting to 5 weeks has been a problem....even getting doubling betas has been a problem! However, I also had an almost 10 week loss when ttc DD and I had seen a healthy heartbeat at 8 weeks....so I know there never really is a safe time sometimes. DD has only been nursing 1-2 times a day for a couple of months now. She night weaned around 18 months - with some gentle encouragement from me....we cut out the one session she didn't give up on her own. It REALLY hurts to nurse right now so I don't know how long it will last.....we'll see!

Wow, nice view, isa! You look great smile.gif

#134 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM

Congratulations, qmama and family! Glad your daughter made it here safe and sound- hoping for a short stay in the NICU and bringing home a healthy little one!

#135 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 AM

congrats qmama and family! glad to hear you are all safe and happy. can't wait to hear (and see) more!

isa, third tri?! when'd that happen? orngbiggrin.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#136 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Qmama-Congrats on your lil girl..Sorry for the scary moments you ladies had! We hope your dd's stay is short in the nicu. Can't wait for an update and pics.

Isa- Nice belly pics!

Sara- How is you lil one doing still moving alot? Sorry to hear that you still have morning sickness.

Carmen-YAY for 5 weeks!

SwtRainbowBrite- You must be so excited for your upcoming wedding. DW and I tried to get ours done before DD came but she had other plans. She came early and we ended up getting married on her original due date. It's an amazing feeling when you are able to interact with the little bean inside. Enjoy it to the fullest because you will definitely miss it once the little one is in your arms.

Desert- Your video was so cute! I loved your family's reaction to the news. Your baby will obviously be surrounded by lots of love.

AFU: We have been very emotional about how fast DD is growing. We already had to redo her closet becuase she has grown out of lots of her clothes. bawling.gif

She has a wonderful personality and even tries her hardest to talk. She is now weighing in at a little over 11 lbs and she also received her first set of shots. ( I think it hurt DW and I more than it did her) She is still nursing wonderfully but we are having a hard time trying to get her to take a bottle. At 8 weeks Layla can hold her own head up, pull her upper body up with her arms, coo non stop, almost roll over and pull herself more than halfway up to a sitting position from laying flat on her back. She slept 7 straight hours last night, which of course kept DW and I up thinking something was wrong with her. DW and I agree that she gave us 0 baby time! Here she is at 7 weeks:

124.JPG

116.JPG

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#137 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

qmama ... Congratulations on your wee girl!  I hope you are all doing well ... welcome, welcome, little one!

isa ... You look so pregnant!  How did that happen?

brite ... You too!  Time is flying.  You must be getting excited for your wedding!

desert ... Such a great video!  Made me tear up.

mami ... Look at that cutie patootie!  It is so sad that they're growing soooo fast! 

sara ... I feel you on the morning sickness. DP commented last night that I've been sick an awful lot in the last year or so.  I looked at her, bewildered, and said, "I was PREGNANT with MORNING SICKNESS that went on all hours of the day and night.  That does not count."

Carmen ... Congratulations on five weeks!  Every milestone counts!  I know it's so hard waiting for that seven week ultrasound.  Enjoying this crazy weather?

AmandaH ... I just got a new-to-me Ellaroo in beautiful purples and greens.  It's a lighter weight wrap, so I bought it especially for our trip to Costa Rica this spring.  I got it at a babywearing group meet up, where I was also shown how to do the wriggle-proof carry.  I loved it!  H loves to 'stand' when I carry him, so I need a wrap that'll cinch him in tight.  I have to go back to youtube to figure it out though.

Library ... So glad to hear that Alice was a rock star when it came to traveling this time.  Here's to another spectacular trip coming up!

Hello everyone else ... I have the flu, so not much energy to catch up on personals.  Man, does co-sleeping ever suck when you have to be up all night to run to the toilet.  H usually sleeps with my nipple in his mouth for a large part of the night.  I didn't sleep even one minute last night.  I'm exhausted.  H is doing great, no rolling yet, but lots of 'talking' and grabbing and engaging with us.  He's got an awesome smile!  So handsome!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#138 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM

Qmama~ CONGRATS!!! And hoping for a swift and safe NICU stay. Can't wait to see the girlie's face!!!

Isa~ You'll be missed in library land! Some day we'll attend conference together, I'm sure!  I'm loving the bed-head. And the thoughtful perusal of fathering texts!

Mami~ WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!  I love the smile in that first pic. She's pretty sassy already!

Starling~ Big hugs. What a nightmare! Not sleeping is awful at any time, and with a baby missing his nipple, it'd be even worse. Hope you're feeling better. And at least you have handsome baby smile to compensate?!

Carmen~ SO happy for your 5 weeks. I know what you mean about being cautious, but right here right now all is well x

Seraf~ I can see sometimes giving your phone to an older kid, but seriously a boy I later found out was five months was sitting there with some sort of cartoon inches from his eyes. It made me kinda sad.

AFM~ Just hanging out.  It's cold but not rainy, so in the afternoons Alice and I go on walks, and then I get her to bed at a decent hour. It's not exciting, but that is ok by me.

Anyone I've missed~ sorry!!!   I need my afternoon coffee now...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#139 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

QMAMA - Congratulations and wecome to your baby girl! Can't wait to hear more about her and how you are all doing. You are all in my thoughts as she grows stronger in NICU. I also hope you are healing and are well.

Carmen - 5 weeks :) !!! Ugh that first trimester is too long, but you are sailing through it :)

Mami - Layla is beautiful. Our DD was so strong at birth, people kept saying she wasn't at all like a newborn, but like a 2 month old. She skipped 0-3 clothing all together because she was nearly 10 pounds at birth. I didn't want to hear that my little monkey was growing up even faster than I thought. She is precious - and still so small - soak her in :) She is still a baby, I promise. Look at those cheeks!

ISA - looking great! :) Funny how the discomfort seems to emerge right as you enter 3rd tri! :) lol. I found that too. Prepare for slowing down and doing less :) surrendering to less has made the third trimester much easier. Hard wiht a toddler though. You and DP are super cute - love the books!

Brite - you are looking great! So excited for you and DP's wedding :)!!!!

Library - wow. that seems like the perfect drive!

Sara - how are you doing? Feeling alright thse days?

Seraf - pic of the necklaces when they are done? :)

Hi to everyone!

AFM - I feel like my hormones are in overdrive. I'm having lots of insomnia lately and just really want a good nights sleep. Not even a "before we had kids" night sleep. I don't expect unbroken sleep. I just want a good number of hours of sleep so that I feel more human in the day time :) Dear body, I don't need night time practice for being up wth a newborn. Been there, done that. I get it! Let's just bank our sleep so we are ready, okay? Why start bring sleep deprived now?

Did anyone else have insomnia? Any helpful hints?

Other than that life is great. We are preparing for birth, interviewing our last doula tonight. We won a basket of cloth diapers at a local baby store! YIPPEE! We have diapers, but it is nice to refresh, try something new, and also have some gifts for babes being born around us these days.

DD is starting to experiment with lying. It is mostly funny and cute to watch her first attempts. Like when she is trying to hide the fact she has a poopy diaper by backing into a corner (bum in corner) and looking all innocent :) lol

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#140 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Qmama—Yay! I must have been so busy figuring out how to get my pictures up that I totally missed your announcement! Congratulations! I’m glad that you and baby are well (and that you got your awesome nursery and mama party done in the nick of time)! I am sorry about the c-section—I know that isn’t what you wanted—but I’m so excited for you and your family and am looking forward to hearing more about your little girl when you get rested up and have time to tell us all about her!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#141 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Qmama, congrats on her safe arrival. I hope you are recovering well and whatever precipitated her early arrival causes no more grief. I hope her big sister is doing well with the surprise upheaval and your whole family is home together soon. 

Isa, how do you father?  Sara can't even have vanilla extract and most toothpaste right now because of her antibiotics, poor kid. There's nothing wrong with a little carrier Obsession. There's a local group with a baby wearing lending library. I think it's brilliant so you don't have to go by other people's reviews. That's quite a bump. We are planning to be in Chicago for pride again this year. I'm excited to see all these babies. 

Mami, she looks great. Time sure is flying, it's amazing how quickly she is changing. 

Library, it certainly is interesting how differently everyone parents. I think delaying screen time is considered fring. Lol. 

Carmen, there doesn't seem to be any safe time, but I'm eexpecting this one is good for 

you. Going to stick around and be a little brother or sister for your DD. 

I made both boys amber and coconut necklaces. I will put up a picture soon. 

#142 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 PM

I had insomnia (for the first time in my life) when pregnant with DD and my midwife suggested skullcap tincture...it worked wonderfully! I've since suggested it to 2 friends (not pregnant) and it's worked for them too. Good luck....I was only getting 3-4 hours a night for awhile...brutal.

#143 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 PM

Starling, I missed you in my last post, what's the wriggle proof carry?  And S has been enjoying standing up in the Mai tie. I only let him do that on my front because it doesn't seem remarkably safe. 

#144 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 01:59 PM

Forgive my not posting personals and my long absence from the Board.  I do not want to bring everyone down so I will spare the details but my spotting intensified to bleeding over the weekend.  Though we saw the HB on Sunday, we confirmed at today's u/s that we had lost our little one.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who gave me such a warm welcome.  I hope to be back one day soon. 

Until then, I wish you all peace and good health. 

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#145 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 PM

alphahen, I am so sorry. Words aren't enough. I'm wishing you all the peace you can find right now. If there is anything we can do, just name it.

#146 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM

Oh alphahen..I'm so, so sorry for your loss. greensad.gif  Big hugs to you and your DP. Heal well and take care of yourselves.

#147 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just stopping in briefly.

Alaphen- SO sorry to hear about your loss.

Isa- Your bump is looking awesome now!

Qmama- I wish you a healthy and fast recovery from your surgery and pray that you little one is doing well. Welcome baby girl!

Carmen- I have a good feeling that this is a sticky bean- your other losses were within days of a BFP, right? I will keep sending sticky thoughts your way. :)

AFM- Nothing too exciting going on here aside from my daughter is being investigated by the health department for possible measles...eyesroll.gif There have been a few confirmed cases in our county and she had a suspicious-looking case of either measles or fifth disease. She's healthy now, but they want to know for sure so that we can contact anyone who may have been in contact with her while she was contagious. My doctor also took some blood to check me just in case, as neither of those things are great for pregnancy (though I've been vaxed for measles and I'm guessing I'm probably immune to fifth disease due to past exposures, so I'm not too worried about it.) Mostly it's just a huge pain in the tush and all the doctors are soooo paranoid, so it's hard to get straight answers about anything right now.

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#148 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 03:30 PM

alphahen- Sorry for your loss...candle.gif   grouphug.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#149 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 04:42 PM

alphahen- I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your DP are in my thoughts.

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#150 of 745 Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 PM

alphahen -- i'm so very sorry. 

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page