Queer Conceptions February 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rs11 - I have had some problems with the emoticons too, but I'm able to copy one emoticon. I don't highlight it to copy. Instead, I hover over it, left click once. You should see tiny boxes around it. Then hit control c to copy and control v to paste.

lips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.giflips.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#122 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 AM

Krista--Congrats on the house! We bought our house from our landlord's brother after our landlord suddenly passed away. The house was cosmetically in pretty bad shape so we have had a lot of fun fixing it up over the past few years. As for the doctor's comment...I have heard people say that before but think it hasn't been thought all of the way through.

Midwife--I get sick on prenatals as well. I now take them right before I go to bed (although I have been told that they don't work as well then...I figure, better than puking them up!) and that has helped a lot.

So...think the surgery I had would delay ovulation? CD 16 with no surge. Uggg...not again.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#123 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 AM

CONGRATS Steph!!!!!!

belly.gifbelly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

AFM:  it seemed as if AF was going to be full blown, but this morning she seems to have gone away, staying only 2 days where she normally stays a good 5-6 days...  So that gotten me both hopeful (that I might be pregnant) and worried (that it might be an ectopic pregnancy).  I guess time will tell and I'll take another test tomorrow at 14 DPO.  I hate all this guessing and being unsure of everything! Right now I'm just focusing on getting over this flu I caught from DD and trying to be too bummed out.  Yesterday I was thinking about next cycle and was completely discouraged because of the costs adding up.  $695 is just too much to do every month.  I think if we don't become pregnant after our 3rd cycle we will take a break.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#124 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM

Thanks ladies!

nos & mrs- I'm really excited but I'm a cautious person by nature...doctor said that my levels are good and I have no known fertility problems but I guess I'm just hesitant to jump up an down until I get to see the heartbeat. Oh and nos- you can move me! biggrinbounce.gif how are you feeling in your TWW so far?

24-Single-TTC via IUI & DS beginning January 2012 

#125 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM

esenbee--I understand how difficult the high costs are to put in each month and the stress of the BFNs... What helps is to remember that even for heterosexual couples, getting pregnant can take quite a while--and they have unlimited sperm! It will happen...even if it takes awhile and you have to take a few months off here and there to save up.

So...I got a positive a few hours after freaking out. Now I have to worry about timing. Knowing that I O around 12 hours after I first notice my surge, I scheduled a flight off the island this afternoon for an ultrasound and possibly my insem--I guess I will decide after seeing how things look! Although it feels a bit early to insem 6 hours later--I surged around 11--I might not want to wait until tomorrow morning (22 hours later)...we'll see.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#126 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Yay, Steph!  I'm super happy for you both.  :)

#127 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Hello.  I am new to the group.  I am currently on day 1.  This will be our 5th month TTC.  I took Clomid last month, and I didn't notice any side effects besides being very aware of my ovaries.  I am working on raising my progesterone level.  I am doing acupuncture and yoga and herbs, etc.  We are doing IUI at home (with frozen sperm) with a fabulous midwife and at the doctor's office so we get in 2 each cycle.  I am feeling hopeful.  5th time's a charm, right?  I should be ovulating some time after Presidents' Day, not as sentimental as Valentine's Day, but good.  Is wish I could find some kind of key or glossary for all the acronyms.  It's taken me a while to figure out what people are talking about.  I wish everyone else the best of luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#128 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome and Bienvenue, Pokeycip!  Tell us more about yourself.  As for a TTC (trying to conceive) glossary, you can try this link:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1081373/learning-to-speak-ttc-please-sticky

Hope you have a short but sweet stay in this room.  Would you like me to add your name to the list on the first page of the thread under the "Waiting to O" section?

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#129 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

lise- yay for ovulating and your possible insem! I hope things look really good at your u/s and you are all set to house a baby for the next 9ish months! Keep us updated when you learn more.

esenbee- I hear you on the cost! It adds up quickly. Maybe tomorrows POAS will give you good results and you won't have to worry about spending that money on TTC!

Krista- Seriously!? (about the sperm exposure) That can't be a valid explanation. Congratulations on your second house! What a fun project for you and your DP.

Rs- that is awesome that your insurance is covering some of the costs even though it doesnt cover infertility treatments. Also about the veggie parade, it is a slow process but I do it by copying and pasting like outdoorsy said. Hope that helps.

Outdoorsy- I also agree with anna about the water bed and your temps being about the pattern. Also what she said about charting being more than temps. IMO charting takes into account all sorts of things that can help you pinpoint ovulation.

Cananny- Good luck at your follicle scan tomorrow morning!

mrs^2- good luck with the clomid. I have never taken it but have heard that it can be a bit of an adventure.

Carmen- Thanks for saying you think I'm pregnant!

Pokeycip- Welcome.gif

Nos- How are things going for you? How are you feeling after your IUI?

AFM- I have lost 90% of my patience and logic over the last 24 hours. I can see why this time is (very appropriatly) named the Two Week Wait of TORTURE!!! Both DW and I are fairly convinced that I am pregnant and any attempts by my brain to be rational and not get my hopes up are not working. I keep trying to convince myself that I wont even be able to have any real symptoms until after 10 DPO... I dont even know if thats true?! Does anyone know if you can have real pregnancy symptoms prior to implantation?

The TWW really does make sane people go crazy! 

My thoughts are with you all, hoping that none of you are feeling as crazy as I am! goodvibes.gif

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#130 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Thank you for the link!  That is very helpful.  Sure, add me to the list!  More about me...I'm 36, almost 37.  My wife and I have been married for almost a year and a half.  We got married in Cambridge, Massachusetts so it would be legal.  We have tried 4 times.  The most recent time with Clomid to try to boost the progesterone.  We have a new donor with excellent counts, so we are very hopeful.  I'm very healthy, and I spent a lot of time preparing to try to get pregnant.  I was hoping that would make it go faster, but that hasn't exactly been the case.  We haven't been trying that long so I try to maintain a positive attitude.  It can be hard to see other people who are pregnant and wonder why that isn't me yet.  I am also working on my certification to be a doula.  I have a client due soon, and I'm hoping she has her baby before we need to inseminate.  Life is never dull.

#131 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Thanks to all the good wishes for tomorrow !!!!

Pokey...Waving hi from Oakland....we are neighbors and I'm.on my 3rd ttc with me ..had tried with Dp 8x...it was to much so switched to me !!!!

pokeyac likes this.

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#132 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Steph: Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!! A shiny emoticon parade is coming ur way very soon. Stay tuned.

Pokey: welcome welcome lady!! Hope 5th try is the winning try!

I will back for other personals tomorrow.

Afm: thanks in advance for your ear. Just trying to wrap my head around this crazy cycle. So had RE appt yday. Nothing truly remarkable to report from appt. RE suggested next plan of action is clomid, u/s, trigger shot and then lap procedure to look for undiscovered endo. I have hx of endo. Has anyone here ever did folli scan w/o the ovary stimulating meds bfore? RE said it would b hard to guess when to do scan w/o the preceding meds.

As for my tww...Re couldnt figure out what day i ovulated, only that my prog level qas good enough to show that i did ovul. From my guess I maybe 10 or 11 dpo and I am 13 days past insem. I had bad cramps about 7 days ago that lasted a day. I've intermittent cramps and nausea. This has neen first month i've been on prometrium that my symptoms are pretty mild. No tata soreness. Possible tmi but for the first time ever i've had ewcm for the past day or so...so weird. So i truly still dont know what to make of anything. It is what it is I guess. More waiting in store for me. ugh.i started thinking today about that fretting feels pointless particularly bc i dont have any control really anyway beyond my outlook/ attitude. So just working on breathing.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#133 of 360 Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Crawling out of my hole!

congrats to Belle and Steph on your BFPs!!!

welcome to Pokey!! May your next round yield positive results!!

Carmen, you would be in good queer company if you moved to PoMo!! ;)

Anna, you're waaayyyyy too early to give up on your KD. We're giving it a full year before starting more intensive treatment (ie, medicated cycles). 

AFM, so our offer was accepted (yay!!!) and now we're sorting out financing and reading 2 years worth of strata minutes and trying to figure out if we'll be able to afford paint after this (the answer is probably no!!!). We have until Tuesday to put everything together, we'll find out on Saturday if the 3rd round of pre-approval went through... Auuuggghhh, it's so much worse than the 2WW... This process moves SO much faster and consists of a lot more money... 

Not to mention we're now in the 2WW, so if we could be moved that would be awesome. :) we did our last insem for this cycle tonight, I'm feeling kinda guilty because I talked DW out of doing a last minute insem last night, annnndddd it turns out she ovulated yesterday, probably in the afternoon... But I'm hoping our insem from Tuesday will cover that. Her window seems to be quite small, at least that's what our nifty ferning lens tells us, so maybe that's why we've had no luck conceiving? I don't know what we're going to do about that, since KD is a landscaper and is thus not really available during the day, and I'm usually at work when it's happening (I think her ovaries are trying to make me grey!). 

Anyways, fuzzy thoughts to the rest of you in the 2WW!! :)

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#134 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Essenbee: I hear you about the cost. We're in the same boat. Try to calm down and wait and see what happens. If you don't get a real AF in a few days, test again. You never know!

Lisedea: I hope this cycle works for you!

Pokeyclip: Welcome! I hope your stay on this board is both nice and short!

Hopeful: I think we all feel that crazy during our TWW. I'm not sure there's any way around it. I don't know that you can experience any real symptoms before implantation occurs. I know that your body doesn't start producing most of the hormones that cause the symptoms until that point.

Invitin: Your cycle really does sound crazy this month. Just breath and try to stay focused. It'll be worth it in the end!

Allison: Good luck! Fx that this is it!

AFM: Sore tatas and mood swings have been the order of the day this week. I'm definitely having side effects on the increased dose. I've also had a horrid cold, and DW has been really sick all week. I go back to see the RE on Monday morning!

Mother to one dd .
#135 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Cananny-Hello Neighbor!  Thank you for the well wishes.  Good luck to you too!

#136 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Good morning !
Just back from my Re ...scan was good..have 12 follies ...7 on right 5 on left ...biggest was only at 11...so we will wait for them to keep growing..going back Monday for another scan...lining is still thin...but it is early ..she thinks lining will thicken over the few days !
Ok off to accupuncture!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#137 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi everybody. Status quo here. Waiting to O. A few people have pointed out that charting isn't just temping, and I realize that. I've tracked CM and viewed the cervix and such in previous cycles, until that last one when the midwife told us not to. Sometimes it's informative, and sometimes not. So after our BFN last month, we're back to charting.

Bonne chance to everyone in the TWW of torture, and best to everyone in whatever stage!

Have a good weekend.

#138 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM

lisedea - it's amazing how quickly worrying about O switches  to worrying about insem timing.... good luck! 

pokeycip - welcome! President's Day seems about as romantic as any other day to make a baby! 

Hopeful - I'm not sure if I believe in any symptoms before implantation, but I'm going to go on believing that you're pregnant. 

fingers crossed for everyone in the tww! 

Cananny - that's a lot of follicles! It's so hard to know what will happen between 11mm and 20 mm. When's your next follie scan? 

afm, not much to report. day 3 of clomid. lots of thumb twiddling and acupuncture and headaches! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#139 of 360 Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 PM

Please move me to 2WW. Thanks!

#140 of 360 Old 02-11-2012, 07:25 AM

Cananny: Good luck on Monday!

Lisedea: I hope this is it for you!

I have a question for the group as a whole. Is it just me, or is the American labor and delivery system archaic in its outcomes if not it's methods? A good friend of ours finally had her first LO late last night. I say "finally" because they induced her Wednesday evening. She was a few days late and they wanted to hurry things along. Over the past two days plus, she's been through literally every induction technique they have. Meanwhile, she was not allowed to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, sit up, or so much as turn on her side. To me, this is inhumane at the very least. At the worst, it borders on torture. I'm convinced things like this are part of the reason the U.S. has the highest C-section and the highest maternal mortality rates in the developed world. You ladies in other countries -how do they do things where you are from?

(I'm planning a midwife birth myself, assuming everything goes well. If I have to have a hospital birth, we probably won't go in until the very last minute.)

Mother to one dd .
#141 of 360 Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Hi, Everyone.

I apologize for being so lame with my participation on this forum.  We got a BFN this month and were pretty bummed this last week.  From 9-12 DPO I had been getting more and more signs of pregnancy, even to the point that my breasts were seriously bigger than normal (way more than typical pms and noticable to my DP).  But we never got A BFP.  I'm chalking this up to another chemical pregnancy even though I didn't produce enough hcg to get a positive test.  I'm 100% sure things were getting going but just didn't stick.

Anyway, I just wanted to check back in.  Work is really busy and I'm having trouble finding time for personals.  I wish everyone much luck.

Me (39), DP (45).  Together since 04, married in June 07.
TTC 10/10 to spring 2012.  Fall 2012--moving on to foster-adopt.

#142 of 360 Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful22 View Post

AFM- I have lost 90% of my patience and logic over the last 24 hours. I can see why this time is (very appropriatly) named the Two Week Wait of TORTURE!!! Both DW and I are fairly convinced that I am pregnant and any attempts by my brain to be rational and not get my hopes up are not working. I keep trying to convince myself that I wont even be able to have any real symptoms until after 10 DPO... I dont even know if thats true?! Does anyone know if you can have real pregnancy symptoms prior to implantation?

I hope you're right! I've never had symptoms before implantation and I'm not sure how it would be possible. But, I've learned, that a lot of "impossible" things happen while ttc ;)

Allison: Congrats on the new place! You now own a part of the most expensive city in the world ;) I think a short surge shouldn't be a problem using fresh. Fingers crossed for you!

Cananny: I'm so glad you're going to acupuncture! Are you loving it?! And good to hear the scan was good.

lisedea: Sorry, I guess I was caught up in my own misery. Your surgery went well and you are in the 2ww again...I'm assuming that means all is well with you? Hooray :)

rs: I don't know if the system is much different in Canada. Our midwives are covered by our national medical coverage so I would imagine that helps a bit because maybe more women will choose them over an OB. However, I know the midwives are also under guidelines that suggest induction if 2 weeks late. A few days late and inducing seems ludicrous to me. What are the consequences if she had said 'no, thanks'? I also think it depends on the care provider (even amongst midwives). I had very hands off midwives but I was also went into labour spontaneously 4 days early. Have you seen "The Business of Being Born?" Very well made film.

happcalm: I'm sorry about the bfn.

Afm: Nothing happening. I'm supposed to be 9 weeks on Wednesday and that's when my u/s is. My pregnancy symptoms have lessened a lot but still no spotting or anything. I am looking forward to the u/s - even though I know it will likely tell me the baby's heart has stopped. As long as I know that, I can get my acupuncturist to help move things along. Still not sure if we'll try again. DP and I had a huge fight this morning and I'm not feelin' the love in our family at the moment to want to bring another child into the mix. I did get the sweetest email from our KD. He is ready and willing to try for as long as we want and asked (again) if there is anything he can do on his side to help out.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#143 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

allison  -- congrats on the condo!  are you going to be moving soon?  how’s the TWW going for your DP and you?  what day are ya’ll at now?

invitn – i had no idea that you were an exchange student here.  i was one in a tiny village in Germany, and that’s how I really caught the travel bug (and how I fell in love with this part of the world.)  strangely enough, we just had a young American friend here this weekend who is a teaching assistant right near caen (saint-lô).   how was your experience?  parles-tu toujours français?    as for the second hcg, apparently it has a similar effect to taking progesterone in the tww…. at least that’s what the doc told me.  it also means I can’t POAS anytime soon…    what’s going on with you, though??  last I saw you were about 13dpo.  have you tested again? 

anna – yooohoooooo….what happened to our forum extrovert??  you’ve been uncharacteristically silent these last few days.  what’s going on in your world?  the fertilla guerilla shirt idea is brilliant!  i think that once we get a BFP (or two!) we’ll have to have onesies made that say something like “my mommies are fertilla guerillas”.  of course, like most of my bright ideas, it will probably just stay in my head, but it’s still fun to imagine.  what day is your DP at now and what kinds of juicy symptoms is she having???  come back and bring some of that chatty-cathy sunshine of yours!

hopeful – thanks for checking in on me, and sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I’ve been too busy too sit down and write out personals until now.  and I’m totally with you on the TWW(T) being a mindfrak.  i also think that it’s unlikely to have symptoms before implantation, but having a good feeling about things is a good thing in and of itself.  i hope this is your month!

sancta – welcome!

outdoorsy – i didn’t know they still made waterbeds either.  my grandmother had one for most of my life, and one of my worst memories is having to sleep on it when the heater was broken.  it’s a special kind of hell.  are you feeling better now?  still waiting for that positive OPK?

Mrs² -- how are you doing on the clomid?  this should be about your last day, right?  did you get put on estrace, too?  i always had lining issues with clomid, so i decided to take estrace this cycle (gyn wouldn’t prescribe it, but i used false pretenses to get it from my GP…and it worked!)  are you doing a follie scan and then a trigger?  fingers crossed that it all lines up for you this month and that you don’t have any nasty “cloments”.

amt – hey, girl, how you and your partner doing?  are you starting up TTC next cycle?

rs11—i wish they could tell us more about our donor, too, but i think after all our struggles, we’re just happy to have access to affordable sperm and inseminations.  and holy frak…. your medical costs are outrageous!  DP's mouth fell open and she asked me how it was possible for a doctor’s appointment to cost $550 or even $350.  i had no response.  here, if you don’t have the social security, you pay between 26euros  and 60euros (for acupuncture).  the u/s cost 50something at a private place.  that all gets reimbursed if you have soc. sec. (well, only about a third of the acupuncture does).  it sounds like your RE is a lovely person to help you figure out ways around the messed up system. 

i also think that birth is waaay too medicalized in the states, and that they are far too willing to induce or go for c-sections instead of letting nature take her course.  from what I’ve heard, though, france isn’t any better.  here they apparently love to give epidurals, and you really have to insist to avoid it.  midwives deliver almost all babies here, but i don’t think there are too many birthing center-like places.  good luck with the RE’s appointment tomorrow, btw!

midwifesteph and southernbelle  – how are ya’ll feeling these days?

esenbee – sooo…what happened??  last I heard you were waiting till 14dpo to test again.  update us!

cananny – here’s hoping for at least a couple of big, juicy, triggerable follies and a successful insem to follow.  sending you good vibes for tomorrow’s scan

lise – yay!  i’m so happy to hear you got your positive OPK and got off the island for your insem.  I looked at your FF chart, and damn if you didn’t nail that mofo.  i would *love* to be able to move you to graduates in a couple of weeks.  fingers crossed big time!

happycalm – no need to apologize.  getting a BFN when you’re sure it worked out is hard to take.  it’s happened to me and DP both… swollen, super painful boobies, fatigue, etc. and then those negative tests followed by AF.  i’m so sorry you had your hopes dashed this cycle.  don’t give up, though!  i know you didn’t asked to be moved, but i put you in Waiting to O, anyway.  let me know if you prefer to be somewhere else.  *hugs* and hang in there.

carmen – i’ve been thinking a lot about you this last week.  i’m amazed at and inspired by how much strength you show here on the forum.  i left you in the graduates section because i wasn’t sure where you wanted to be, but please tell me if you’d like to be moved.  i’m so sorry that you have to go through all of this, and i imagine that the emotional stress could make things tense in your household.  from everything else you’ve posted and from your blog, it’s been clear to me that you and DP and your DD are a very loving, connected family, one that other children would be very lucky to be born into.  i’ll be thinking of you on Wednesday. 

afm….DP got her peak today on the CBFM, so it looks like we’re heading back to Belgium again tomorrow.  that means leaving at 5:30am to avoid paris traffic, and I am so not a morning person.  it also means that I have come up with a good illness to take to the GP so I can get a medical certificate.  so far we’re going back and forth between a migraine and another kidney stone attack.  anyone have other good ideas? i hate lying, but since we can’t see a doc who’s in the same bloody country as us, there’s no other choice.  it’s DP’s first time, and I just can’t see letting her drive there and get insperminated by herself.  I’m at 8dpo, and I gave myself the final hcg shot yesterday morning.  my boobs are feeling weird and I’ve had a lot of nausea/heartburn, but I’m 100% positive that’s related to the shot and my own messed up stomach.  I wasn’t expecting to be able to insem at all this month, so i’m feeling happy rather than stressed in this TWW.  

I hope everyone has a great week! blowkiss.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#144 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM

nos, I'm so happy things are finally working out in your's and dp's favor! I've got so many things crossed for you my dear! I'm loving reading along and can't wait to get all teary-eyed when you post a picture of your positive pregnancy test!! I can't wait for 14dpo. thumb.gif

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#145 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM

carmen- I really empathise.

Knowing one way or the other would help a lot, I imagine. Being able to move on, move forward in whatever direction has got to be better than being in limbo...

hug2.gif

I hope you and your partner find the love again. Fighting is never fun.

We had a rough weekend like that last week, and it's horrible. We rarely argue and hardly ever have actual fights, so when we do it just feels awful. We usually make up pretty quickly, but after last weekend I felt a bit emotionally bruised for a few days...  Blachgh.

Your KD sounds very sweet.

I wanted to ask you- is your KD partnered? Have you set any rules around his sexual intercourse/ safe sex etc?

Allison- congratulations on getting the condo! 

nosrever- I'm still here! just had a busy few days.

haven't tested yet. DW's period is probably going to come on tonight or tomorrow I guess. 

She's had no symptoms, so we're not expecting much...

We had a lovely weekend though!

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#146 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Steph:biggrinbounce.gif:biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif  :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif :biggrinbounce.gif

sorry this was way overdue from several days ago. I hope you and DW are having fun witht the great news.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#147 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 PM

So quickly, sorry no time for other personals. It's been a busy weekend and I'm sitting here with slow moving thoughts and droopy eyes. So on friday AF came helped close the investigation on the mystery of the wackiest cycle ever. So I'm now on CD 3 and I'm a bit relieved that a new cycle of promise is underway. Yday I touched base with KD and we are a go to start using him in about two weeks. Oh let me tell you all about this great experience I had on friday: (no it was not the start of AF..) I had a first time appt with the gyn doc my DW sees and he was an absolute hoot. Picture this: middle age'd jersey shore guy with the personality of your most fun gay guy bestfriend. Strangely though, he is not gay, but in my heart he is. He was so lively and cordial, going on about how he thinks his gay patients may the best parents, but their efforts to conceive are so incredibly deliberate. He was excited to hear that we had a KD and immediately offered to do IUIs in the office with his sperm, offering to wash it and everything and was taken aback when I shared with him that RE was against us using a KD and wouldn't do tx using his sperm. He said that washing it would make it better anyway. He was so kick ass, that after meeting him for 5 mins I had to give him a high five. So despite the arrival of AF, friday was a pretty sweet day.

So with that, Nos, please put in the "waiting to O" camp. 

And Nos je parle un peu. It's been about 20 yrs since I've spoken french regular. It's sad at this point that there are just a few key phrases that come to me when I least expected it, when ego "Zoe" from hs french class takes over. Regardless of my loss of the language, I have always wanted to return to France, Paris specifically. Someday..............<cue my dream sequence of me in my romanticized version of gay Paris>

ok I'm done now. Good night all dust.gif

#148 of 360 Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Nos, I hope you have a good trip to Belgium!! It's 2230 PST for us so I imagine you're already on your way!!

Glad to hear of everyone's kds being so amazingly awesome! We also have an amazing KD. So grateful!!

as for condo news, we'll know Tuesday, although we're pretty sure we've got it. :) 

DW is on her 4th cycle heavily regulated from our naturopath, and wonders of wonders, after a year of tracking her cycles and everything, thisis the first month where her ovulation is crystal clear without a hint of doubt or me cursing the TCOYF site. She is DPO 3 and still having tons of CM, something slightly odd, but we've had too many BFNs to get excited this early... :P

Id write more, but my alarm is going off at 5:30... Yuck.

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#149 of 360 Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 AM

I'll be back later for personals, but I just had to drop in and say whoppee! I just had a GREAT appointment at the RE's office!

MRI: Normal

Follicles: Several small ones between 11 and 14 mm and one giant 17+mm follicle! I'm about ready to go! We'll be inseminating sometime in the next 72 hours or so, depending on my bloodwork. I may or may not take the trigger shot, again depending on the bloodwork.

I feel so much better about this cycles. Prior to the PCOS, I always ovulated on days 14, 15, or 16. Today's day 14, and from the looks of it I should ovulate on my own soon. Our swim team is in the office; we're just waiting on the call now to know about scheduling. My fingers are crossed so hard they hurt. joy.gif

dust.gifto all!

Mother to one dd .
#150 of 360 Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Carmen - still thinking of you and hoping for the unexpected on your u/s.

Nosreves - hope it's going well in Belgium! Fingers crossed for the TWWs for both of you.

Allison - good luck with the condo, and of course with the TWW. I totally understand your reservations about reading too much into symptoms, but tons of CM has been a symptom that turned out well for others on this board.

rs11 - so glad to hear you had a great RE appointment and scan.

invitn - sounds like a very cool appointment with the gyn. we all need and deserve this kind of positive support from our health care providers. I hope it bodes well for you.

AFM - CD 14 and thankfully still no smiley. I am worried about another false positive coming too early. I need to hold out until like CD16-20 for this to be a normal cycle. I am a little worried about this cycle because DW wanted to go away on Sat to watch a ski jumping event, and she has been planning it for a long time. That will be CD 19, and if I've gotten my smiley we'll have to cancel at the last minute, which would involve disappointing the friends and family who are invited. I know DW would say the insem is more important, but I'm still a little stressed about it. I'm trying not to be stressed so I don't mess up my cycle!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page