Queer Conceptions February 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 360 Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PS For those claiming tax expenses, don't forget to include mileage to and from doctor's appointments/medical related visits or picking up of sperm (if you don't have it shipped). The 2011 mileage reimbursement rate for medical purposes is 23.5 cents per mile.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#182 of 360 Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post

Carmen: wishing you the best during this difficult time. I avoided both D&Cs and medically induced miscarriages in all three of mine but I will say one thing looking back...it would have been helpful to be able to test the products of conception and possibly get some answers. The only way to get close to assuring that can happen is through a D&C. Two times I did the best I could to capture stuff at home but it wasn't the right stuff. Plus it's just plain distressing and difficult.

Just putting that out there in case you wanted to have that option. With multiple losses it is something you and I need to think on differently than someone going through their first miscarriage.

Lots of hugs,

Krista

Thanks, Krista. Yes, the RE suggested we could try that. He said it likely won't "help" anything but could confirm if chromosomal issues are what happened (which he thinks) and if that isn't the issue then he said we're left with trying to figure out what happened. I said knowledge seemed like a good thing so I would do my best to capture it and get it in to be tested.

I'm going to spend the next month doing a cleanse, starting some new vitamins and herbs and healing emotionally. *sigh* The road ahead looks scary and long but we're going to do our best.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#183 of 360 Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM

Hi Everyone :)

I am not the best at personals.. but i will try...

first.. CARMEN.. I am truly sorry for your loss of the little peanut.. I know this such a heartbreak.. please be gentle on yourself and give yourself time to heal!

Nores.. Getting closer to your 2ww being over! FX extra tight for you.. And I feel your DP on the supositories.. I HATE them with a passion!!!

Esenbee. Sorry for your BFN :( 

Hopeful.. Sorry for your BFN :(

Welcome MTN!!! here is hoping your stay is short and sweet...

Pokey... I'm sorry you are having to put it off one more month.. but being relaxed is very important... what part of Oakland are you in?

Krista.. Hi.. nice to see you!

Sorry if I missed anyone :)

THANK YOU for all the positive vibes... I appreciate them greatly.. I am feeling better .. tonight for the 1st time I have a LOT OF CM.. I almost never get CM .. so I am taking that as a good sign :) 

I had my US yesterday ( 3rd one) and today have the BIGGEST awful looking bruise on my tummy where I am assuming they were pushing on my tummy to find my hiding ovaries :) stubborn little ovaries... 

Picked up the swim team today .. tomorrow is accupuncture and IUI.. and I think we will do another insem on Fri night as well...

Do I have any cycle buddies?

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#184 of 360 Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Carmen: I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do.

Cananny: Good luck! Hopefully, this is it! We're cycle buddies. :)

AFM: My IUI was this morning. It went much smoother than last time, but I've had more cramping and spotting. I think I probably ovulated around 3:30 or 4 this morning. I woke up then with very intense cramping and couldn't get back to sleep for quite some time. If that's the case, then our timing was just about perfect!

Mother to one dd .
#185 of 360 Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Carmen- I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope these few months off are exactly what you and your family need. My thoughts are with you all.

Rs and Cananny- May your TWW be short and sweet. Good luck to both of you and your DPs.

Mtnlisa- Welcome!

Anna- Thanks for the thoughts (and chocolate and wine!winky.gif) My picture is of our dog by the river where we lived when it snowed. Its kinda small so its hard to tell what it is!

Lise- Thank you! How are you doing? You are almost to your hump day in your TWW!

Im not really sure whats going on with my body. Im pretty sure its messing with my mind (and its working!) I have had a little bit of spotting on and off since Tuesday but my period has not actually started. I took a preg. test yesterday morning and it was BFN (it wasnt first morning urine though.)  Fertility Friend is also not helping my sanity. For those of you who dont use it, it has this pregnancy monitor that racks up points throughout your TWW according to possible pregnancy symptoms. According to them if you have 80 or more points you are 70-90% more likely to be pregnant... right now I have 76 pts! What does this mean?!?!?

Well in the famous words of Anna- Whatchagonnado? I'll just keep waiting to see what happens. DW still thinks I am pregnant but I dont. I have a doctors appt. tomorrow so I will talk to her and see what she thinks if my period hasn't started by then.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#186 of 360 Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM

Good luck, Cananny!

And to you, rs! Sounds like your timing was perfect!

Hopeful, how many dpo are you?

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#187 of 360 Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Carmen- I am 14 DPO.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#188 of 360 Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Hi everyone ! It sounds like a lot of people are in the second half of the tww. I can't wait to hear all about your bfps! I discovered that waiting to O is the most boring thing ever. I took clomid this cycle, and the past day or two, my ovaries have felt sore. But I'm only cycle day 11, so nothing Too Important could have happened, right? Ugh. I have anxiety about ovulating early and missing the cycle, but I usually ovulate late or not at all, so that would be really weird. I have a ultrasound tomorrow morning to check out the follicles, and I guess I will know what's going on then. I haven't had many clomid side-effects besides some irrational, uncontrollable frenzied anger and impatience. Is that what they call a "cloment"? Thankfully that has passed. It is really difficult to distract yourself from obsessing during this ttc process, isn't it? I hope I can avoid bruises from the ultraound, Cananny, that sounds so painful. 

Hopeful -- 76 points rounds up to 80, so........

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#189 of 360 Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 AM

Morning everyone. I e-mailed my accountant about ttc deductions, which was a little weird because he's our neighbor, so it was like coming out about ttc, but anyway ---- his answer was this: The tax code is vague about this but allows costs to "overcome problems getting pregnant" and allows costs for pregnancy tests. He said it would be OK to deduct the expenses provided that 1) they exceed 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income, and 2) your total deductions exceed the standard deduction you receive if you don't itemize. Time to get out my calculator!

AFM - I could get a smiley any day now, which will mean calling the clinic and scheduling insem for the following day.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#190 of 360 Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM

Hopeful: I think talking to the doctor is a good idea. A serum pregnancy test is much more reliable than the home ones, anyway.

Mrs2: I totally agree. Waiting to "O" is just about the most boring thing in the world. Let's see, where am I? Cycle Day X. How many more days until "O" day? Aaaghhhhh! That does sound like a textbook Cloment. I never had those; I just got serious depression.

Cananny: Ouch! Why didn't they just do a transvaginal ultrasound? Wouldn't it be harder for the ovaries to play hide and seek?

Outdoorsy: Good luck! I hope this is your month!

AFM: I'm one day PO. I've been a lot more hormonal this month, but my dose was also doubled. My right ovary feels like a giant bruise right now. I have a question for everyone. When I went in for my u/s on Monday, I had several smaller follicles on left ovary (~10 each) and I don't think they finished developing. I did some mild cramping on my left side yesterday, so I'm sure they ruptured anyway. On my right ovary, however, I had three follicles -the giant 17+ one and two smaller ones (12 and 14, if I remember right). Yesterday, I had three rounds of sharp pain; the first in the early morning, the second around 4 pm, and the third around 8 pm. I'm trying to decide if these pains were from the rupture of each of these follicles, or if they were just part of the overall ovulation process. I often have sharp pains when I "O," but they never last for long and I've never had them spread out like that.

Mother to one dd .
#191 of 360 Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 PM

rs - Your dose of what was doubled? Sorry, it's hard for me to keep track of everything. What level are you up to? I think we're on the same "track" - we had our first clinic iui in january. I'm taking clomid and they doubled my dose this month to 100. It was definitely more intense than last month, but without much more results. 

hopeful - We all took a vote and decided you just have to get a blood test immediately. OK, I made up the part about the vote.

afm - Follicle scan this morning cd12 shows 1 smallish (13mm-ish) primary follicle on the right, which I thought was weird since I ovulated on that side last month and I was under the impression that they took turns? Apparently not. Of course, I'm disappointed to wait for more days. I'm disappointed that there aren't more follicles. It's hard not to feel discouraged at this point. Also, I have a cold or ... something? I feel terrible and run-down and I can't imagine that is helping my worry and disappointment. I haven't taken any meds for my cold because I'm so paranoid about giving the future baby gills or something! The fertility nurse tried to talk me off that ledge of insanity and take some sudafed or whatever. Being a fertility nurse must be a lot like being a psychologist? 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#192 of 360 Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs11 View Post

Hopeful: I think talking to the doctor is a good idea. A serum pregnancy test is much more reliable than the home ones, anyway.

Mrs2: I totally agree. Waiting to "O" is just about the most boring thing in the world. Let's see, where am I? Cycle Day X. How many more days until "O" day? Aaaghhhhh! That does sound like a textbook Cloment. I never had those; I just got serious depression.

Cananny: Ouch! Why didn't they just do a transvaginal ultrasound? Wouldn't it be harder for the ovaries to play hide and seek?

Outdoorsy: Good luck! I hope this is your month!

AFM: I'm one day PO. I've been a lot more hormonal this month, but my dose was also doubled. My right ovary feels like a giant bruise right now. I have a question for everyone. When I went in for my u/s on Monday, I had several smaller follicles on left ovary (~10 each) and I don't think they finished developing. I did some mild cramping on my left side yesterday, so I'm sure they ruptured anyway. On my right ovary, however, I had three follicles -the giant 17+ one and two smaller ones (12 and 14, if I remember right). Yesterday, I had three rounds of sharp pain; the first in the early morning, the second around 4 pm, and the third around 8 pm. I'm trying to decide if these pains were from the rupture of each of these follicles, or if they were just part of the overall ovulation process. I often have sharp pains when I "O," but they never last for long and I've never had them spread out like that.

Oh they did do that first...several times..but my left ovary wa above my cervix...so they did the tummy us to see if could get a better gage...the bruise is pretty intense ...

We are on same path..first clinic iui jan....clomid, ect....its a rollercoaster ..this month w didn't do clomid, but fermerra instead...had twelve small filicles on cd 10 them by Tuesday had a few smallish and one big one.

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#193 of 360 Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Hopeful--Any news???

rs11--I wish I had an answer for you...but I don't...my o pains are different every time but normally continuous. Helllooo triplets! nut.gif Congrats on the insem and joining in on the 2WW!

outdoorsy--Thanks for getting back to us about that! I figure that getting something back after putting all of the $$ in (with nothing to show for it greensad.gif) is going to feel pretty good!

mrs--For SURE the most boring...except for the couple days leading up to O--that is really stressful for me.

7dpo. Nothing really out of ordinary. I had to fly to another island today (and they don't have cars on that island so I had to take a "taxi" aka 'snowmobile' from the airport to the school) to observe a K-1 multiage classroom since I will be teaching Prek, K, 1, and 2 (Yes, all at once!) in a few weeks when the 1st/2nd grade teacher goes on maternity leave. I have been kinda doing it part time anyway...but not full yet. I am a bit nervous.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#194 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 04:26 AM

Wow lise, how many kids will that give you? And how/why no cars?

Nos, how and when will we find out if you're pregnant?

Hi and happy charting/ovulating/maranating/waiting everyone.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#195 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

seraf --  i'm at 14dpo right now, but as i had an hcg booster a week ago, i don't dare test.  i've been having cramps on and off since yesterdary, so i figure AF will be showing up tomorrow or monday or even tuesday.  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#196 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 AM

Nos, No AF for you! I keep watching for good news. And then the resulting hilarity of you both pregnant together and one of you barfing makes the other barf, you try not to kill Each other from hormones, crying jags together, hiring small children to help you with your socks and shoes, a shared L&D room and then the nonstop joy. Shay is grunting a message to you in morse code. Something about luck and chocolate.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#197 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 AM

Cananny: I really hope the bruise goes away soon -and I hope you get good news this month!

Mrsandmrs: Don't feel discouraged! Even if you the clomid doesn't work for you, there are other meds you can take. I'm on tamoxifen, because I'm clomid intolerant, and that was what was doubled this month. By 'clomid intolerant' I mean that the one time I took it, not only did it affect my mental state horribly, but I ended up in the ER with OHSS. I made 9 eggs that month, just on the right ovary -and more on the left! They can even move you to injectables, if they have to. Not every woman's ovaries take turns by month; so feel like your unusual. And the Dayquil won't hurt anything until you insem -it's out of your system completely within 24 hours.

Lisedea: Happy hump day! One more week! I've always like multiage classrooms. I think they are better for the teacher and the kids. How many students will you have?

Nosreves: No! I hope AF keeps away, and you get a BFP in a few days.

Nothing to report here. The nausea is considerably better this month. That's a good thing!

Mother to one dd .
#198 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 AM

Seraf/rs11--Only 10 so it really isn't bad--plus, I have been teaching all of them since they first started school so I REALLY know everything about where they are at. The island school community is really great--very individualized instruction. I am just a bit terrified to find the time to teach 4 different reading curriculums and 4 different math curriculums--the rest of the stuff I can combine with higher and lower expectations. Seraf--And I have no idea why they don't have cars. I think when people were first populated there, they didn't have them so they kept it up. I guess it is part of their 'charm'. They boast that their island is like stepping back in time...yet, they have a Starbucks. Go figure! smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#199 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Carmen- I am truely very sorry for your loss!

Nosreves- NO AF!! She better stay away from you and DP!! I still feel this is your month! BTW-Could you move me to Waiting to O! AF showed up a few days ago and I am not CD4 and I am back in the game!joy.gif

Lise- You are going to do a wonderful job of teaching all 4 grades! I have everything crossed for you that this is your month!

AFU- Like I told Nosreves AF showed and we are back in the game. Only bad thing is DW is sick yet again. Poor girl feels so bad her boss sent her home from work today but honestly she shouldn't have even gone but she is stubborn. I am going to make her some homemade veggie soup then put her to bed.

Bring on the BFPs!!!!  dust.gifto all!!! 

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#200 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM

So, in a turn of fate, our tax return got deposited last night, so we are going to be able to do this cycle!  Today is CD 12 so we will be having it shipped Monday/arriving Wednesday.  I better go get a battery for my basil thermometer and more OV tests!

Can't wait to see some BFPs in the near from all of you in the TWW!!!

dust.gif shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif Maybe a little early, but our house is getting into the St. Patty's Day spirit because Valentine's is over and DD LOVES holidays and is always excited about the next one coming up!   shamrocksmile.gif shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif  shamrocksmile.gif shamrocksmile.gif  dust.gif

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#201 of 360 Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM

esenbee- just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!! on your insems this cycle!  That is too fantastic, that your return got deposited just in time!  shamrocksmile.gif

Lise, that just sounds like a terribly interesting island in general.  Best of luck with all those kiddos!  I'm sure you'll do fine.  

Amt, I'm sorry!  Hugs to you guys, I hope your DP feels better soon. 

Cananny - I keep following along closely with you guys!  Good luck!  

nosreves - that rotten AF better not show up or I will give her the what-for! 

Good luck, everybody!  February is a great time to get pregnant!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#202 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Temp drop Sat, then temp spike Sun, and NO SMILEY. I am so disappointed and pissed. I had no noticeable EWCM. I had some ovary sensations Fri night and Sat morning, but was waiting for smiley, then got the temp spike on Sun. I viewed my cervix, and it is closed. I will keep testing once a day, but I don't expect anything. Next month, THIS IS WAR!!!! I will do digital and non-digital tests, view cervix every two days, and near O time I will test more than once a day. I am so #$$%^^& pissed.

#203 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

outdoorsy -- ugh, that really sucks, but don't forget that it takes 3 days of elevated temperatures before you can be sure of ovulation.  are you using fertility friend, by any chance, and if you are, would you mind posting a link to your chart?  also, have you had tests done in the past to verify ovulation?  if you're having a hard time pinpointing ovulation, would it be possible to get a follicle scan done instead of just relying on OPKs?  you could combine the u/s with a trigger shot for better timing.  (smilingsara in QP&P did that, and it worked perfectly for her)  i don't remember all of your background, so forgive me for asking questions that you may have already answered.  in any case, *big hugs*

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#204 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 PM

Nosreves, thanks for replying. I actually didn't know it took three days of elevated temps to be sure I'd ovulated, but it seems like I have based on other symptoms (I'll keep testing, though). After last month's opk fiasco (probably got an early false positive), I talked to the midwife who is the director of the insemination program at my clinic, and she said we should wait to do any further intervention (including u/s, shots) until I've tried a few more months unmedicated. She said a u/s at this point would be very expensive because it's too soon to get it covered by insurance. I've never had any tests to verify ovulation. I'm not using fertility friend, but I'm starting to put a lot more detail on my paper chart (daily cm, more frequent cervix checks). Do you use FF, and does it help more than paper charting? Do you have any other advice? Thanks much.

#205 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Outdoorsy, I'm so sorry how things have been going for you.  UGH.  Hugs.  My DW started out charting on paper, and also began keeping track of additional information on the paper chart like you've mentioned.  She decided she'd like to try using Fertility Friend, so we went back and put in several months worth of charts.  It was great to have it all in one place, and it has tons of options that you can choose to chart all the extra things.  The only negative we found is that sometimes FF's opinion of when DW ovulated was different than ours.  So... if you're already struggling with the ovulation thing, FF could be a benefit or it could just really piss you off.  

Good luck to you!  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#206 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi All!! And thanks for the invite, nosreves!!  My partner Cathy and I are getting married in 10 days and hope to start the baby-making on my next cycle in March.  We are VERY new to the whole AI thing and, so far, have experienced a roller-coaster.  We have been searching for a donor for about a year, had 2 back out and, as of 3 days ago, found out that the WONDERFUL donor did not pass his physical :( SO we will be trying frozen sperm.

Right now we are trying to figure out the whole ovulation thing.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  How accurate are the tests? Thanks again and GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!!

#207 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

outdoorsy -- i'd just like to second what desert said about FF.  we've been using it since last may, and it's an incredible resource.   you can go back and see patterns that you might have otherwise missed.    i also agree that it's not necessarily always right about your ovulation day, but you can override what it says if you disagree.  it allows you to record CM and cervical position & openness as well as a whole host of symptoms, medications, supplements, etc.    it sounds like your midwife knows what she's doing, but i'd definitely keep recording your temps, CM, etc, so you can get a clearer picture of how your cycle works.  also, when you sign up for Fertility Friend, you get a ton of information on the different parts of your cycle, how ovulation works, what to look for, etc.

emilyandcathy -- welcome to the greatest group of queer ttc'ers in the whole wide world!  also, congratulations on your impending nuptials!  how exciting to have two major life events happening at the same time.  i feel you on the donor search problems.  my DP and i spent nearly a year trying to find one, only to have donor #1 turn out to be very, very flaky.  we finally got a second, more reliable one, but, due to our ages and other issues we've recently moved on to IUIs with frozen sperm.  i think you'll find that pinpointing ovulation is one of the biggest headaches in the ttc process.  we've used both the clearblue fertility monitor and the cheapie OPKs (ovulation predictor kits, aka the little sticks you pee on.)  the OPKs are useful, but they don't work well for everyone, as it's possible to miss your surge.  it can help a lot to use different methods together, i.e.  temping (recording your basal body temperature each morning), checking cervical position and texture, checking cervical mucus as well as OPKs.  the site i recommended to outdoorsy is fertilityfriend.com, and i'd like to suggest it to you as well.  btw, would you like me to add you to our list on the first page?  feel free to keep asking questions.  the women on this board are not only incredibly knowledgeable, they're also very friendly and helpful.    

#208 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM

Yes! Definitely add me to the list!  Thanks SO much for all of the suggestions.  It was really great discovering this site today and read about other women's experiences and knowing that there are other people out there going through similar issues! 

#209 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Woo!  New peeps!  

Congrats on the wedding, Emily and Cathy!!

Carmen, I'm so sorry!  A dear friend of mine went through that about a month ago, she chose the medication because she couldn't stand the idea of remaining "pregnant".  I wish for you space and time to do what you need to do to get to be where you need to be!

Not a ton of time for personals, as I just got back from camp (nothing like spending the weekend trapped in a cabin with a dozen 5 and 6 year old girls as birth control... unfortunately it doesn't work anymore, because all I can think of is how I WANT one!!  AUGH!).  

DW's temp dropped suddenly this morning, it's only DPO 10, so it's kinda early for that, but she also started spotting yesterday.  Auuugghh!  We're wondering now if DW and KD have a sperm-egg incompatibility...  KD is going to get his sperm counted again (something we asked him to do in December and he hasn't done it yet).  We're on a weird time-line now, because we're moving 45 minutes away at the end of April, so it's going to complicate things A LOT.  I feel like we're wasting time with KD, that there's something else going on and that's why it's not working (gut says incompatible).  We may be switching to a clinic sooner rather than later (I was going to hold out for a year, but with the move and the distance I think it might just be too hard).  

Anyways, came to whine to you guys and people who understand.  Thanks for listening!  I'm going to take my stinky self to the shower and start laundry (oh boy!).  

Good luck to everyone!!  

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#210 of 360 Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

emilyandcathy: shall i put you under waiting for AF (aunt flo) or are you already waiting for ovulation?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page