Queer Conceptions February 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO FEBRUARY. Let's "leap" into a slew of BFPs this month!  GOOD LUCK and BONNE CHANCE, gals! goodvibes.gif

Waiting to O whistling.gif

* CarpenterAnt

* Happycalm

* nos reves

* Hopeful22 chartnew.gif

* Allison Graham

* SkyandTru

* lisedea BFPChart2.gif

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

* RS11

* MrsandMrs

* Cananny

* esenbee2

* invitnconceptn

* outdoorsy

* bwilliamson94

* Amt1015 

Working on IVF ecbaby.gif

* Alphahen & DP

* FiveGrandBaby

Waiting for AF af.gif

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif

* EmilyandCathy

* Wishin'&hopin'

MIA/Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready wool.gif

* kgulbransen

* Carmen BFPChart2.gif

* Pokeycip

* AnnaNotherThing

* TineyDreams

* NAMW
* RainbowValleyMama
* MaxK
* IrishBabies 
* AmandaMom
* Glados
* Serepartera (February 2011)
* Miss Scarlett
* Milletpuff
* Chiquitayy
* Lyndzies1
* Want2bePapa
* MeghanC
* Yeledov
* Handerson
* BunnyLullabye
* cnmk14
* Maybeababy
* 2moms3kids
* OwlandTurtle
* jennytuck
* JennP85
* Habitat
* EmandJoHeil
* MrsPP BFPChart2.gif

* Hoping2bemoms

2012 Graduates! babyf.gif

February  *MidwifeStephPDX banana.gif *SouthernBelle24 banana.gif

January * Planet jammin.gif *Dandylezjammin.gif

2011 Graduates! bellycast.gif

December * DesertSunsets carrot.gif
November * Aljm41910 broc1.gif 
October * Vienna79 joy.gif * KSDoulaMama joy.gif *Pleasantlyfurious joy.gif *SwtRainbowBrite joy.gif * Go_Vegan joy.gif
September * Smilingsara carrot.gif * Ad Astra carrot.gif * Mumquest carrot.gif
August *Prettyisa broc1.gif
July * Onemommyonemama joy.gif  * Southern Fried Karma BFPChart2.gif joy.gif
June * CrystalPerez broc1.gif* Qmama42 broc1.gif
May * KellySF carrot.gif
April * want2bmumx2 joy.gif * Indigoscot & DP joy.gif
March * Graceie broc1.gif * Seraf broc1.gif* 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

don't forget to let me know if you need to be moved by placing your request in bold.

i don't have time for personals right now, but let's go ahead and get this party started!jumpers.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#3 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks Nosreves for the new thread! May the threadkeepers luck shine on you like so many others.biggrinbounce.gif

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#4 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 AM

thanks for the lovely new thread nosreves!

Let's rock February, y'all!

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#5 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nosreves- Thank you for a bright new thread. This will be a wonderful place to announce lots of BFP!!!

Happycalm- Thank you for all of the wonderful information about OHSU. I really appreciate the feedback. smile.gif

Allison- Sorry your DW had a hard time with your friends pregnancy announcement. I haven't been trying anywhere near the amount of time you two have and it's already been hard on me to hear other peoples announcements, so I can only imagine what she is going through. hug2.gif About your question- we aren't telling a lot of people that we are TTC, just a few close friends. We may change that and tell a few family members as well but I'm nt sure I'd be able to handle all the questions and "advice" we would get from them.

goodvibes.gif  & dust.gif to grouphug.gif for makebabe.gif

(posiive vibes and baby dust to all for baby making!!!)

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#6 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM

So far we've told our parents (and our donor's parents) and all our siblings know of our plans.

We've also met with our donor's parents to talk to them about some of their concerns (they were having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the news when he told them) which has been very interesting and worthwhile.  My parents have met KD as well, although before they knew of our plans, so they met him as our friend (which he is).

We've told them all this may take some time, (like 6 months or more) and asked them not to pester us about it for now, which they've been really good about.

When asked 'so when are you actually starting??' we've given vague answers of 'in the next few months or so...' 

Last weekend we had dinner at my parents' house and my Mom hesitated just for a fraction of a second before offering DW wine, so she's thinking about it...  smile.gif

We've decided not to tell anyone else for now.

I don't think any of our friends or family will be at all surprised when we tell them, though.  People have been asking us for years 'so when are you two finally going to have some kids??!'...

found the love of my life 13 years ago, kissy.gif married 5 yrs ago, now TTC #1 stillheart.gif

#7 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks everyone for fielding my questions in the Jan thread.

My mom knows we're actively trying. She's so desperate for grandkids that it seemed cruel to hide that hope from her. Fortunately (?) she struggled with infertility when she was younger, so she's super sensitive about not asking too much, not offering advice, not pestering me. We did share a laugh comparing what Clomid cost 30 years ago compared to what I paid for it. A few of our closest friends also know we're trying, but not many of them... just the people who won't ask too often how things are going, or offer unsolicited advice. I don't really have much patience for people's questions and advice right now. 

TWW of Torture marches on. I swear, I used to be a rational, calm, logical person before this started. True or false: trigger shot can make your breasts grow a cup size 8 or 9 days after you have it?

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#8 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM

Re: Telling ppl about TTC, we asked my cousin what she thought about us having another baby, just to judge how my side of family would react to the news of me being pregnant, and she said that she didn't think it would be a good idea because our daughter "wouldn't be able to handle having a baby around"... So we took that as they wouldn't be too thrilled and we skipped on telling them anything about us TTC. However my male cousin just had a baby and his girlfriend wrote on my Facebook that she had a dream that we were pregnant. It was literally the day after we had decided to start trying that cycle. So I sent her a message saying that it was quite funny that she had that dream, cus we were going to start trying. And I told her that we were keeping the news to ourselves and to keep it hush hush. Her reply was, "Yay! Another brown baby!" (she is full Native American and we are using 1/2 Filipino spermies like my DSp is.) We did tell DSp's mom, dad and brother. They have always been supportive of us together. We have also told my DSp's work friend who recently went through the whole TTC process and got pregnant in December. And 3 others. Total of 9, which seems like a lot when I count them up with us trying to keep in on the down low, but the main thing was keep my family out of loop to not have to deal with their negative opinions.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#9 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM

OMG! Ahhhh!! We got it!!!!!!

IMG_1831.JPG

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#10 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TINEY DREAMS!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!

YAY! for the first BFP of February!!!!

belly.gifbelly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#11 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Thank you SO much Esenbee! We are ecstatic!!!

Me (Latina 25)hola.gif DP (White 26)   blowkiss.gif. rainbow1284.gif Loving soul mates for 6 yrs. Mammas to two fur babies named Mackdog2.gif and Lucy dog2.gif  One babe in heaven, February 2012, at 8 weeks angel.gif. May Papa keep you safe our little love.

#12 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 02:43 PM

Holy Crap!  CONGRATULATIONS, TineyDreams!  That's amazing, wonderful news.  And a great way to finish off the month.  Hooray!  joy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gif

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#13 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Tiney!!!!!!! you just sneaked in under the wire for January!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, FELICITATIONS y FELICIDADES!!!!  

carrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  

banana.gif banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  

carrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gif

banana.gif banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif

i went ahead and moved you to the graduate section, btw!  thanks for getting us off to a great start!   who's next???

#14 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Congratulations TineyDreams! I'm so glad it's happening for you!

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

For me, what a day: DW and I are sick with bad colds that have gone to our chests and caused nonstop coughing. My boss was disappointed in my work. And within the last five minutes, AF arrived. Blah.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#15 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM

oh yay!!

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gifbroc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif banana.gif

broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gifbroc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif

banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif  jumpers.gif   jumpers.gif

that's so awesome!

Congratulations, tiney!!

#16 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Congrats Tiney!!!

Afm.....AF showed up .....after a bfn yesterday ....
So I'm trying to be a little hopeful my body is trying to get normal ...AF showed up on her own, no meds needed, and on time....so its looking like I might be working in there after all.....

This was hard this month...I'm going to change a few dietary things...limit the carbs, no soda...lots of water and vow to walk more .small changes can make big differences our RE said ....so I'm going to try to change things I can control......

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#17 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 03:26 PM

Congratulations, tiney!!!! joy.gif

Wanted to add that none of DP or my parents are alive anymore so there was obviously no decision to make there. I would have absolutely told my mom...she would have been an amazing support system.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#18 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Way to go Tiney!!!! Congratulations!!

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

Would you mind sharing the details about your winning cycle?

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#19 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

outdoorsy -- ugh...i'm so very sorry to hear about the chest cold, the bad day at work and most of all about the evil red auntie rearing her ugly head  af.gif .  it was a terrible tuesday for me, too, so it must be something in the air shake.gif .     i know you're disappointed, but personally i'm hoping this means that i'll have the honor of adding you the graduates right at the end of my tenure as threadkeeper.  take good care of yourself and get a lot of rest.  hugs and healing vibes coming your and your DP's way. 

amt -- thanks for the good wishes!  i know you aren't going to be jumping back on the ttc rollercoaster for another month, but i'm still happy that you're around and cheering the rest of us on. i hope your DP is still doing well.  i don't think i've ever told you how gorgeous i think your family is....you all just exude happiness.  this will probably sound strange, but i have a feeling that the next member of your family is going to be a little girl.  regardless of the sex, i hope another little one is in your near future!

anna -- wave.gif  how's the TWW(T) treating you and DP?  what dpo are you at now?  

mrsandmrs --  if anything will make a sane person crazy, it's the TWW(T).  i'm not particularly rational or logical, but i do tend to be pretty calm and laid-back.  those facets of my personality seem to have gone into hiding ever since we started this process, and fertility meds (clomid and estrace) seem to amplify all the unwieldy emotions.  how did you respond to the clomid (both physically and emotionally)?  i've heard others say that their breasts got bigger after an hcg trigger, but it could also be a sign of pregnancy....  ah, the rollercoaster!  hang in there and keep us updated.  only 5 more days until you test, right?  fingers crossed goodvibes.gif

cananny - i just saw your post over in Jan QC.  blah and boo to AF guilty.gif.  i am so sorry.  i know you thought this was it (and from the sperm count and your symptoms, it certainly seemed like it was going to be your month), and i know you're probably feeling pretty low right now, but please don't lose hope.   just a few months ago you weren't even ttc because you thought pregnancy was out of the realm of possibilities for you.  now you've got an RE who believes it can work out and you're responding to the stimulation.  you've really come a long way since you joined this forum!   believe me, i know how hard it is to have to break out the tampons/pads/mooncup yet again at the end of a hope-filled TWW.  i can't help but feeling that your baby is there waiting for you, though.... s/he is a bit blurry at the moment, but sure to come into focus and become a reality sometime down the road.  i hope it's sooner rather than later. hug.gif

rs -- sorry, gal.  the sensitivity to odors definitely sounded promising, so i'm sure it's even more disappointing that AF showed up before you even got to test.  please let us know what happens with the RE on thursday, and in the meantime, i'll be thinking about you and sending you good vibes. *hugs*

allison -- tomorrow's the big day, right?  is it you or your DP who is trying at the moment (sorry, i can't remember blush.gif)  good luck with everything, and let me know when you want to be moved!

afm... well, i'm on cd8 right now, and i *finally* got my follistim!  as usual, though, there was a small catch.  my doctor forgot to prescribe the follistim pen that is absolutely necessary for the injections.  this means that i have make another appointment with doctress jeckyll-hyde.  meh.  luckily, the pharmacist is this lovely lovely person who has gone out of his way to help me, and he went ahead and ordered the pen for me and told me to bring him the prescription whenever i get it.  so.... if all goes well, i will be injecting my first dose tomorrow evening.  this wasn't part of my original treatment, but i've been reading a lot about hybrid cycles (clomid/femera + injectables), and i think this will give me a better chance of having mature follies on both ovaries than clomid alone.  surprisingly, i have had absolutely no "cloments"  this month.  i started estrace yesterday, though, so all bets are off for the rest of the week.  friday is the follie scan.... i really hope there's a decent-sized one on my right ovary and that i have thick enough lining praying.gif .   DP got a visit from AF this morning, so it looks like we might be going to belgium twice in the next two weeks. anyone have any suggestions on sicknesses to fake so that i can get a medical excuse? 

as for the question about who we've told...  at first there were only a couple of close friends who knew that we were ttc, but in the last few months, we've started telling more of our friends.  i think we both needed to vent about all the BS we've experienced, and i also believe that the more positive vibes we have coming in, the better.  in my family only my little sister and my aunt know (my father once told me that he doesn't think gay people should be parents, and my mother said she didn't want me to have kids when i came out to her.)  when i got home tonight, if found out that DP had finally told her parents everything.  they are both in their mid-70's and extremely traditional, but they had a very positive reaction.  DP's dad even made some comment about how the laws in France will change as soon as the socialists get into power.  AND DP's mom insisted that we tell them if we need any financial help for the IUIs or possible IVFs.  i started crying when DP told me that...  

anyway...it's bedtime here in froggyland, and it's also officially February!  

#20 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 06:48 PM

whoops, wrong post sorry.

#21 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM

Thank you so much everyone!  It's still hard to believe it's real, and DP still doesn't really have any symptoms yet.  I just wanted to say that we know how frustrating and difficult it is to watch people continuously get BFPs and the inherent sadness that comes along with that when you're also trying to conceive.  While we are so happy with what's happened for us over the past few days, we are keeping you all in mind and the pain that comes along with this journey (especially Cananny since we were TWW buddies and everyone that's been trying for a long time).  grouphug.gif  Here's to hoping we have LOTS and LOTS of follwers this month. asl.gif

Hopeful- here's the winning combination for us:  DP took Clomid days 3-7, had a follicle scan on CD 13 as well as a trigger shot (around 4pm).  Then we did one IUI with frozen sperm (from NWCryobank) on CD 15 at around 2ish at the OB/GYN office of our doc.  We had about 46 hours between shot and insemination, which is longer than normal, but last month we definitely insemed too soon.  If we hadn't gotten it this month we were going to try 36-40 hours after trigger.  I know every body is different, this is just how DPs responded this time.  Hope this is useful!

Love to everyone.  joy.gif

#22 of 360 Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 PM

Tiney -- Congrats!!!! 

Outdoorsey & Cananny -- Sorry to hear about AF's arrival.

nos reves -- you're right, i'm testing in FIVE DAYS. that's practically nothing... i can totally wait five days............. maybe.  i didn't have much of a reaction to clomid, except for ovulating and insane, intense nipple over-sensitivity -- which hit me out of the blue. i didn't even know that was a side effect until it happened to me. 

good luck with your hybrid cycle! it sounds like it is already a rollercoaster, with the injection drama and everything.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#23 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM

nosreves- we're doing ok.

DW is having a weird month with her temps- they're ALL over the place, which I don't like. irked.gif

We've insemed the past 3 evenings following a positive OPK on Sunday but her temperatures haven't gone up yet... hopefully tomorrow morning's temp will be nice and high so we know where we are.

If she ovulated Monday (my current best guess, despite a temp drop today... go figure) then we're 1 DPO. Guess we'll know more tomorrow.

Today was the first time I felt really sad that we haven't managed to get her pregnant yet.

I know we're only on our 3rd try, but today I felt sad about it.

I'm better now, but I guess my energy is a bit low.  I need this infernal rain to stop. I mean, even for Vancouver this is just too much.

Blargh. greensad.gif

Oh dear, that all sounds rather sad and pathetic. 

I actually had a rather nice day!!

Also, I was reminded again this evening how lucky we are to be doing this with such an awesome KD. 

mrsandmrs- you're right. 5 days is nothing at all. A mere trifle. Barely a moment.

Only 120 hours. Or 7200 minutes.  Or 432 000 seconds... 

Four hundred thirty two thousand long.... long... seconds...

Wait, is this helping at all??! 

smile.gif

My fingers will be crossed for you.

#24 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 AM

Congrats Tiney!  WoooHooo!

AF showed up this week for me; please move me to waiting to O. Sigh. I've been bouldering my mind out at the gym so that helps.  We just started ttc last month, and I know it usually takes a while, but you hope you get lucky.

A question:  We're using frozen sperm at home, in an attempt to reduce the costs of ttc.  We've gotten mixed messages from the fertility professionals about how likely this is to succeed.  One strongly cautioned us against it, the other gave us some syringes, said thaw the vial in your armpit and go for it.  We're diy people so of course the at-home strategy appeals more, but the fact that the sperm is frozen makes me wonder if vitality (or motility or fertility) could be a big issue.  I haven't seen any real info or numbers on this.  Any advice?

#25 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 AM

CarpenterAnt, I saw your post and wanted to reply since at-home insems are near and dear to my heart.  winky.gif

Unmedicated, no medical personnel involved whatsoever, inseminations at home were what got DW pregnant on our fifth try.  She's 25 and no diagnosed fertility issues, regular cycles.  So it's totally possible.  

After the first few insems, my mom asked, "Aren't you afraid that the sperm they're sending is like, poor quality?  Or what if it isn't even sperm at all?  What if it's just like, syrup or something?!"  To which I replied, "Uh, I hadn't considered that UNTIL NOW.  Thanks Mom."  

We ended up buying a little cheap toy microscope at Target for like ten bucks and after the last insem, DW got a drop of sperm leftover from the catheter and put it on a slide,  It took some squinting and some effort to see them, but we could see swimming sperm, so it was exciting.  After getting home from work that night, I meant to look at the sperm again but forgot until I went to bed.  18 hours after the insemination, sperm that had been sitting out on the counter still in the catheter WERE STILL SWIMMING.  I was amazed, since a lot of people say that frozen sperm only lives twelve hours in your reproductive tract!  And here ours was, 18 hours old in our 70 degree house, still swimming around.  Granted, there were fewer of them, but regardless!  

We use NW Cryobank, and on their website it claims that their clients experience success at an average of a pregnancy achieved every 2.3 cycles - of course, it doesn't specify medicated vs. unmedicated.  We were pretty excited at that, but of course people can always find ways to manipulate statistics favorably.  Like I said before, it took us five cycles but they were not all well-timed.  I think it was more like 3 well-timed cycles, but our BFP cycle was the best-timed of them all.  And the BFP cycle was the one where the sperm lived on the counter for 18 hours.  (Didn't look at it before then.)  NW Cryo has its own forum, and there are a TON of people on that forum who get pregnant all the time.  It made me feel better to see so many people having success doing insems at home.  

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.  Good luck! 

HI everyone! wave.gif

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#26 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 AM

Why would they "caution" you against using frozen sperm at home? Because when you take frozen sperm and use it for ICI purposes, you're sending the sperm through the cervical track and up to the uterus. Whereas in their office, they're depositing it directly into the uterus. You can do IUIs at home with a catheter, but you need to be at least shown how to do that once as you run the risk of piercing the uterus and/or causing infection.

There are people on this board who have gotten pregnant using frozen sperm through ICI but studies have shown it is the least effective method of getting pregnant. If you're going to spend all that money for frozen I would do your best to put out a little more money to get the insemination done in an office.

Or move to fresh sperm. Frozen sperm lasts 12 hours, fresh sperm 3-5 days. This might not be an option but I had to throw it out there. We did 5 frozen IUIs and one frozen ICI at home and never got pregnant. But I'm over 35 so if you're over 35 your plan needs to be way different than others.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#27 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi all! I came across this thread while I was looking for support in this loooonnng TWW! I'm currently 9dpiui and 10dptrigg. I tested out my trigger on 8dptrigg. I've gotten a faint line on a One Step test yesterday afternoon and this morning I took s FRER and had another faint line. I'm going to take another One Step this evening after work to see if the line has gotten darker from the one yesterday, but this is all so tiring! Good luck and baby dust to all this month for many BFP's!

24-Single-TTC via IUI & DS beginning January 2012 

#28 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Anna: I see blue sky out there this morning so I hope that helps your energy and mood :)

Carpenter: Are you doing IUI at home or ICI with the frozen? I've heard anecdotal evidence that ICI with frozen isn't nearly as successful.

SouthernBelle: Congrats, what a great entrance into this thread :)

Afm: I'm 7 weeks today and going for my first u/s tomorrow. I'm terrified. I'll let you all know how it goes...cross your fingers for me, please.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#29 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM

Carmen- my fingers have been crossed for your ultrasound for at least 2 weeks! I don't know why your ultrasound date stuck in my head (I have a lousy memory mostly) but it did, so I've been mentally counting down to tomorrow for/with you.

I'm sure all will go well!! Can't wait to hear the good news! thumb.gif

And yes- I opened the curtains this morning and whoopped out loud!  Sunshine in the morning apparently produces pajama-clad happy dances now. joy.gif

#30 of 360 Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM

good luck on your u/s tomorrow Carmen! Looking forward to the good news! joy.gif

24-Single-TTC via IUI & DS beginning January 2012 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page