NW Cryobank - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! We are new here and wanted to share a little info on the experience we have been getting from NW. Yes, all of you are right in the fact that sperm banks are very limited out there that actually send sperm to the home. For the comfort of having this done in our home outweighed the neg. customer service at times that we get. Anyone who is going this route to order, please plan ahead. The process of paper work etc took weeks! After logging into our account it always said processed however days later I would get an email asking for more info. Even to order donor profiles/pics took some time.

As far as the customer service, I got scared when I would call their 1800 number just to get a voice mail. I started to think oh my where am I sending my info and money too or worse what type of donors/clinic is this. I'm happy to say that after several attempts to contact a person they actually called me back to answer every question I had. My partner and I will be ordering this week in hopes to have a bundle of joy shortly. I can honestly say that I feel comfortable at this point with NW.

On a sidenote, I wished they would require all open donors to have a photo. That was a must for my partner and I.

#2 of 5 Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to Queer Parenting Goldbird!

We are also using NW and they seem great to me but I haven't had any of the negative experiences that you've had. I wish you luck with TTC and if you'd like, feel free to join us in Queer Conceptions. Everyone there is really wonderful.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#3 of 5 Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 PM

I have two little girls from a donor at NW Cryobank. I've never had customer service issues and I started with them in 2006. I still deal with them on occassion because I have vials stored there, but its rare compared to how much I used to deal with them. I think you might just be running into the technical issues they are probably dealing with by changing their website up. They are trying to do everything electronic now vs when I started using them you received all your information by calling, paying, and then receiving your donor profile in the mail within a week. They are still trying to iron out the glitches in the system. As far as calling and getting the answering machine, that happened to me once and I called right back and got through. I think they stay pretty busy and I know that there are only two guys that answer the phones there- and they've been the same two guys since 2006. Anyway, I'm just saying that I'm sorry you've had a bad initial experience, but as far as what I've experienced over the years, their customer service is excellent.

#4 of 5 Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM

We're expecting our first baby in about 5 weeks and used a NW donor.  I had very good experiences with them, including a fast turn around time on paperwork and shipping.  It did take a few days to get profiles in the mail, but that wasn't unexpected since they had to travel across country.  There were several times I got the voicemail when I called (we're on the East Coast), but I always had a prompt return call.  This was all last summer right before their big website change, though, and we always had our vials shipped to the doctor's office.  Maybe the extra paperwork is for shipping to home?  I'm sorry that you haven't had a great experience and hope it's just a fluke.  Good luck on your TTC journey!

#5 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I used them in 2005 and had rotten customer service as well, the guy was soooo lucky I was in another state and on the phone or else I'm sure I would have gotten violent. On a clomid cycle (therefore an emotional mess), ready to O needed to get the tank sent and all of the sudden they needed a Dr's signature because they thought I was using a midwife! I wasn't, I was ticked because I bought ICI and they gave me IUI and I told them I would have to find and pay a midwife to use those samples and I wanted the ICI I paid for. Before the guy came in (and wasn't THAT a weird experience ordering sperm from a man) I had to deal with a horrid woman, Myra or something, they stuck her in a back office and got the guy in there were so many complaints. I had hoped they had improved over the years but it doesn't look it. I was so glad I got prego that cycle and I didn't have to deal with them again. My baby is about to turn 6:)

Seriously?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page