Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mrs, you sound pg to me... FX!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#302 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM

GOOD ANSWER, wehrli! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#303 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM

lisdea - so sorry to hear AF arrived, i was holding out so much hope for this cycle for you!  greensad.gif

pokey - that's a great progesterone number!  definitely better to get your body to do it on its own, rather than have to deal with the supplements.

gelly - hope you had a fun birthday celebration with your dw!  are you planning to poas before your beta?

rs & cannany - thinking of you both today, with your beta draws.

carmen - how completely unfair to be sick in vegas!! hope you get to have some fun before you leave!

mrs - i was never good with charting, so i'm not sure ... but i love wehrli's response too!!

afu, my first beta draw was this morning.  the number was 520.  it's hard not to compare it to the first beta in my last FET cycle (932), so i'm feeling a big guarded and worried still.  repeat beta will be friday, i feel like i'm holding my breath until then.  redface.gif

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#304 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Junebug - is that beta good for this point in your cycle? Does your RE have any opinion on it, or is it just a "wait and see if it increases" game ? 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#305 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mrs- I am LOVING your optimism this cycle!!! I am sure that your extra high temp is due to the two little babies who are in there snuggling in for the next nine months!!!

Junebug- Your beta sounds good. It is really close to the averages you listed yesterday. I am sure that you have a happy little baby growing in there that you will get to meet in about 36ish weeks.

Rs and Cananny- fingersx.gif

Amt- I am so sorry for what your donor did to you guys. hug2.gif

AFM- Today I had one of those moments where I was watching a mother with 3 young boys who were misbehaving and throwing fits and she seemed at her wits end and I just thought, 'what am I doing!?!?!?' Have any of you had those moments? It feels really weird to me because I really want to be a parent but I think sometimes I live in this fantasy that things will be how they are now and we wont have those kind of kids or be those kind of parents. Today it just kinda hit me that this could in fact work and we could have one of those kids or be that kind or parent and it scares the s&*! out of me. I am sure this will be a fleeting feeling and I hope I am not alone in this. 

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#306 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

My beta was the same. We lost it.

Mother to one dd .
#307 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 PM

rs -- i am so, so sorry, gal.  hug2.gif  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#308 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

RS, I'm so sorry.  It's so frustrating to get so close and then not have what you've been dreaming of.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#309 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM

rs - I am so sorry. Take care of yourself, please. 

hopeful -- I know what you mean. We have a teenager and every time things get too teenager-y in my house, my wife and I have a conversation that goes "are you sure we want a baby? because babies turn into teenagers..." But kids are great, mostly, so I think it's worth it. 

#310 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 03:34 PM

beta is 0....so just what i expected...im realky ok with it i thought this cycle was a wash from the start....now where the heck is AF ...im going for another intense acupuncture tomorrow...so af can you please please come now....this is a rare time i'm life that i'm begging you to show your face!!!!!!!!

rs so sorry...hang in there....

pokey...yay for those #s!!!!!

hopeful.....oh im a career nanny and i.am horrified at the way some kids act, and disrespect their parents, i look.at them and ask how does that happen......i hope and pray my 16yrs exp i will know better and i wont have those kind of kids .....but everyone says "just wait till they are yours 24/7!!!! i have a friend who was a nanny for yrs and had her own kid ..and forgot everything she ever knew....like she had never been around a baby before....and her sin who is now 4.....is that kid and she is that parent ....i pray that never happens to me or dp ( who also nannies)

hi everyone else smile.gif

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#311 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Rs, I second MrsandMrs- please take care of yourself. Whatever that looks like is totally fine. If it means screaming into your pillow or out loud or having a breakdown and crying or drinking a bottle of wine or eating a shit ton of chocolate cake, it's totally fine to feel what you are feeling. Please, just let yourself feel it and if you are numb, that's okay too and if you are mad and in that madness you make someone else mad, please forgive yourself. Where you are is where you are. I know I speak for everyone here when I say that we are all sending you so much love right now. Wish I could reach through the screen and give you a big, big hug. hug2.gif

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#312 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Cananny--That is what you were expecting but still sorry to hear it.  But seriously, what is up with AF?!  Geesh!  Let a new cycle begin already!  These women need to move on.  I hope the acupuncture goes well.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#313 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM

RS, so sorry...

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#314 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

RS:  I'm so very sorry. Hugs from across the miles to you and DW grouphug.gif

Cananny: What do you think your doctor will say is the next step for you guys? Maybe all of us here can do something that seems so counterintuitive and collectively pray that AF visits you real soon. Oh, thanks for stepping up to be threadkeeper for April. I will send you a pm with all the details in the next day. You will be great.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#315 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 PM

Side note

Re office called and said that usually takes anywhere from 7 days to 2 weeks for AF to come after stopping meds.. geez... i am cramping a ton tonight.. so i think she "might" be on her way...

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#316 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM

RS11~ I am so sorry for your loss...candle.gif. Hugs hug2.gif to you and dp.

Cananny~ Hope that AF is on her way. I am not a nanny, but I totally get the hoping that doesn't turn into me or my kid.

Junebug~ Yeah for great beta numbers.

AFM~ Nothing new...went back to work ...today was my Monday and tomorrow will be my Friday. Then off for a few days and I'm taking out of town for her b-day to just enjoy each other and have fun hanging out. I have had a few hot flashes, but that's it...no pinching, or cramping or anything. But it is still way early...specially since I am on 100mg of PIO per day...I'm sure all kind of symptoms will pop up here soon. Okay...I;m headed to bed.  sleepytime.gif

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#317 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM

candle.gif for RS11 and DW

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#318 of 349 Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM

I'm so sorry, rs hug2.gif Hang in there...this is a bumpy road sometimes.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#319 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hey everyone, thanks for all the good wishes. We thought we were prepared for the news; we shouldn't have expected anything else with that low beta, but we were still praying for a miracle. We're both pretty devastated. What surprises me is how angry I am; SO many people get pregnant at the drop of a hat, and then this happens to us. I'm probably not going to be around much for the next few days.

We're going to try again this cycle. Hopefully, we'll have better news next month.

I do have a question, and if anyone know the answer I'd be grateful. They said this wasn't likely to happen again even though I have PCOS, but if it did, would that mean there's something wrong with my eggs and we would need IVF?

Sorry there's no personals. I don't have the energy right now.

Mother to one dd .
#320 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 AM

rs, I'm so sorry. Thinking about you both.

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#321 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs11 View Post

Hey everyone, thanks for all the good wishes. We thought we were prepared for the news; we shouldn't have expected anything else with that low beta, but we were still praying for a miracle. We're both pretty devastated. What surprises me is how angry I am; SO many people get pregnant at the drop of a hat, and then this happens to us. I'm probably not going to be around much for the next few days.

We're going to try again this cycle. Hopefully, we'll have better news next month.

I do have a question, and if anyone know the answer I'd be grateful. They said this wasn't likely to happen again even though I have PCOS, but if it did, would that mean there's something wrong with my eggs and we would need IVF?

Sorry there's no personals. I don't have the energy right now.

I'm sorry again :( I don't know the stats...but I do have my own experiences. I had 3 miscarriages before DD - there was nothing "wrong" with me. My pregnancy with DD was amazing with no complications at all. There is no reason to think you can't have a perfectly healthy pregnancy after an early m/c. There are so many stats out there...m/c are VERY common...especially early ones. Also, if it's any consolation, it is believed that you are extra fertile right after a m/c so your odds are ever better. Take care and heal well.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#322 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM

rs11--I second Carmen's response. Miscarriages are more common than what you might expect--after my first one, I had SO many people come out of the woodwork with their own stories. I personally think even more occur than what statistics say because people are either staying quiet or do not even know they had one because of how early it occurred. Hang in there and hold out hope that you could be one of the lucky ones that gets pregnant right after an early loss because your body is already in the "pregnancy mode". BUT...keep in mind that even if you don't, it doesn't mean that something is wrong with you--you just haven't found the right egg yet to produce your perfect baby! hug.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#323 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 AM

rs- Chiming in to repeat what everyone else has said- it's totally normal. I had an early loss the first time I got pregnant, and my pregnancy with DD was so amazingly easy and low-risk. I know how much it sucks to feel like, "Oh, we had it!" and then to lose it. I'm really sorry. Big hugs.

Cananny- Sending hopes for AF's arrival so that you can get on with things!

Hopeful- I actually had to limit my exposure to kids while I was TTC the first time. Not because I got jealous of all those fertile people, but rather because I kept getting freaked out that I was voluntarily bringing one of those things (um, children) upon myself! The good news is that, for me anyway, having my own kid has been totally different than watching someone else's. Obviously I get worn out/fed up sometimes, but I also have this love for her that makes it all so worthwhile. In any case, totally normal!

AFM, I think we finally settled on a new donor. Did you guys know you can get gay donors now from a sperm bank now?!? That wasn't an option when we were TTCing before (not at our bank, anyway), and we were delighted to discover that it now is. Bring on the gaybies! I have an appointment on Monday at the fertility clinic. I'm feeling a little nervous- our last doctor was super queer friendly, but didn't take our insurance. This clinic is actually the only place my insurance will pay for, so I'm hoping it's okay. I'm right in the middle of my cycle now, and we're hoping to inseminate next cycle. A month feels like a long time to wait, but that's okay.

Sorry, I know I'm missing lots of people. Thinking of everyone...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#324 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM

Everytime our DD is throwing one of her tantrums or is in one of her oh-so-fun toddler "moods," we think, Do we really want another one???  lol.  But still, the sweet moments and watching her develop is SO worth it.  Like this morning on the way out the door, DD spotted the small strawberry plant with 2 tiny strawberries and she was EXTREMELY excited about it:  "Daddy!  You have 2 strawberries!  Your strawberries are growing!  TODAYYY!  It's spring!"  And then she gave extra hugs and kisses to him and was in a good mood when I dropped her off at daycare.  Makes me totally forget about how upset I was about her spitting out corn and refusing to swallow at dinner last night...........

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#325 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 AM

esenbee- Cute story! Is your DP trans? My partner is ftm, and I love connecting with other trans couples in the south! (We live in NC.)

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#326 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM

rs -  i am so, so sorry to read this news.  sending grouphug.gif your way.  i agree with the others that this isn't an indication your eggs are bad or that you'll need IVF.  i think early miscarriages happen way more often than we know.

cananny - hope AF shows soon.  she's always MIA when you want her, and right there when you dont!

angela - how cool to be able to use a gay donor! hope your appointment goes smoothly on monday.

esenbee - such a sweet story! *melt*

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#327 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 AM

AngelaM -mostly, but only out to me, with no real plans for transitioning.  Right now we are at a comfortable place in our lives.  DSp is a pretty private person and isn't very keen on letting everyone we know in on such personal details.  So, we go on through life with everyone assuming we are the everyday regular lesbian couple.  Everyone uses Daddy and male pronouns in referring to him with DD.  Everyone seems to go along with it, not asking any hardcore questions.  I try to avoid using pronouns at all when referring to him with anyone else, mostly because it just feels wrong to use 'she' or 'her'.  I use the term 'spouse' a lot to keep from having to say 'wife' because he doesn't like for me use the term 'husband' publicly.  We pretty must just identify ourselves as queer to ourselves.  It feels like a more fitting term for us right now.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#328 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM

angela - If we're not pregnant with this cycle, we're switching to TSBC for our next cycle, and I already picked out a donor who's some kind of queer. I realized that they list donors as "cannot be shipped to NY" if they have a sexual history that includes men. I'm not all about "engineering a perfect child" but I love the idea of keeping the queer genes alive. 

#329 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM

We had our first RE appointment since 2010 when our original plan was reciprocal surrogacy. Our Dr. moved and we were taken by another Dr. in the practice. I was a little nervous because I have never had a male Dr. before. Well, the Dr. turned out to be absolutely fabulous. Listened to everything we had to say and asked what we thought about everything he wanted to do during the cycle. He seemed very accommodating and had an easy personality. DSp and I were very impressed.

If it doesn't work out this cycle, we will be having a Hysterosalpingogram to check for blockage of the fallopian tubes and then the following cycle, try a letrozole/Femara cycle, with a trigger shot.

We are pretty happy with our appointment.

#330 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 08:11 PM

I need to vent here.. i cant IRL...

DP and I have close friends who we spend a fair amount of time with and DP is their daughter's nanny 3x a week.. so we are pretty close... our friends do not really get along that well.. even sleeping in different rooms.. they fight a lot... we love them dearly.. but they have a lot of stuff they need to work out...

well today they got a BFP.. they have it so easy .. and got pregnant on 1st try...  I knew i would take it hard.. but i am taking it extremely hard.. i had a lot of tears.. and this hurt more than my own BFN :(

I dont want to see them or hang out . or know anything about their pregnancy.. i even said something so mean to my DP.. I love them.. but this is really unfair :( 

how am i supposed to get through this :(

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page