Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 349 Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cananny, that kind of story makes my stomach roll.  :(  I was chatting with a TTC (straight) coworker, and she and DH have been at it hardcore for 5 months now with nothing.  Another (particularly annoying and young) co-worker who is getting married in a "good proper christian marriage" (i.e. no sex before marriage) is like "oh, hahaha, we'll just let it happen".  AAUUGGGH, she'll probably be pregnant by the time she's into her honeymoon and this other co-worker and I will be cringing and trying not to slap her.  :P

Sorry, not a lot of time for personals today.  RS I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  :(  Junebug, holding out for you!!!

Yesterday DW and I celebrated FIVE YEARS of being together, since I sucked it up FIVE YEARS AGO and kissed a (straight) girl, and she liked it, and now she's married to me.  HAHA!  She even came with the knife set AND a toaster oven!!  I tease her about being the spaghetti girl (straight until wet).  Our one year wedding anniversary is coming up too.  We got married SO WE COULD START TTC RIGHT AWAY.

*headdesk*

She got her referral for the fertility clinic today.  KD was supposed to get his swim team checked again today.... I haven't spoken with him, so I hoped it happened... uurrgg...  It's just not happened for whatever reason, we've never had a BFP, so she's not even getting pregnant.  So frustrating, since we've clicked through our ninth cycle at home with KD.  Moving on then....

Peace out to ya'll!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#332 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 AM

Cananny--Ugg, I am so, so sorry. I wish i had more to say rather than just letting you know that I know how horrible it feels. I even had someone have the audacity a few days ago to tell me that I needed to show some more happiness to my pregnant/new parent co-workers (I am nice to them--but I do try and avoid--especially after my most recent m/c and BFN). I could have punched her.

Allison--I forget, has your DW gotten her blood work done?

Monday marks D and my 4 years of being married. She is already off island doing clinical hours so I am going to meet her sometime tomorrow to spend the next couple of days hiking in the Upper Peninsula and visiting breweries. We really wanted to bring our dogs but were surprised to find out that there aren't any trails that we are allowed to take them on. We have gotten pretty spoiled over these past years living on the island--we can take them anywhere we want (hiking trails, beaches, bars...smile.gif).

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#333 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 AM

Big hugs, Cananny.

esenbee, I'm glad you had a good appointment :)

Allison: What clinic are you going with? I don't think I chimed in when you asked but I've dealt with PCRM (not with IUI) and they are all so nice and really amazing from what I saw.

Angela: Hooray for a new donor!

Lise: Just hi (cuz it seems like forever since I've "seen" you on here) :)

Afm: It's our last full day in Vegas. I'm feeling much better from the flu. DP is sort of nauseous but not quite sick so we're hoping she has escaped it! We're up early this morning to head for breakie and to see the dophins and tigers. Not my fave thing to do but DD will like seeing them up close. After an odd start my AF is full on now and seems quite normal. We're hoping to try this cycle so I can be moved to "waiting to O"!! I really, really hope I don't have any spotting left over from the m/c...we'll skip this cycle if I do, which would suck. Bring on the Capricorn babies!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#334 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 AM

Posted multiple times..sorry.

#335 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 AM

And again.

#336 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Happy Anniversary Lisedea!  About your co-worker--Dontcha wish you could just punch people sometimes?  People shouldn't tell other people how to feel.

Happy Anniversary Allison!  I hope you don't have a headache after banging your head on your desk yesterday.  smile.gif  Life does not work out the way we plan sometimes.  I hope the clinic sheds some light on your situation and is helpful.

esenbee- I'm so glad your appointment went well.  I'm sure doctors who don't engender trust and warm feelings can help us get pregnant too, but feeling good about your helpers reduces our stress and is just so much nicer.

mrsandmrs-Your new donor sounds great but I hope you don't need to use him!  I noticed the cannot ship to New York thing too and I thought it was cool, but they weren't good matches for us.

Cananny-- That sucks a lot.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I think it's ok to be totally angry at them and the situation.  I would be p***ed off too!  It's not fair.  I guess that's the baby lottery.  Someone else winning doesn't take away from your chances but it feels that way.  Do they know the struggle you've been going through?  If so, I hope they were at least sensitive to that when they told you the news.  If they are good friends they should understand that you just can't be happy for them now.

AFU-I've been feeling kind of down because when I told my wife my breasts were sore she got a sad look on her face and shortly after that started talking about what we should do differently next cycle.  It kind of made me mad that she was being pessimistic and counting us out already.  She said she has faith in me and my body but she doesn't want to get her hopes up so she won't feel disappointed.  I feel the opposite, assume the best until we know otherwise.  I guess we're just different that way.  My temperature dipped today and that freaked me out.  It's been pretty good this LP.  But then I got to work and googled and it turns out that can be a sign of implantation, and that made me feel a lot better.  I'm 9DPO so I'm still in the window.  We'll see.  Today I am going to acupuncture and it's Friday and those things make me very happy.

goodvibes.gifto all

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#337 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Lisa, that's BRUTAL.  Why are people so cruel?  :(  DW gets all her blood work done when we get our appointment at the clinic, and they do TONS of bloodwork.  She may also have the test where they put radio opaque  dye into your uterus to check for blocked tubes. 

Carmen, we got a referral for Genesis...  I really don't know much about all of them, except that friends who were TTC used them and now have a toddler and were really happy with them.  I've heard good things about UBC Fertility clinic too (which is handily enough on the same campus I work at!).

Pokey, I hope this is it for you!  :)

Question: does anyone know how to change your user name or how to delete your account?  I've looked several times and can't find anything...  when I joined, I clicked "log in with Facebook" and the damn thing gave me my full name as a username, which I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable with...  

Thanks!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#338 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 AM

esenbee - that's awesome you clicked with the new doc, i think it's so important to have a good relationship with your RE. sounds like a great plan for moving ahead!

canannyhug2.gif i think it's okay to take the time and space you need from the friendship.  you've gotta protect yourself first.

allison - happy anniversary!  to answer your question, you have to send a PM to the web director Cynthia Mosher and request your username be changed.  tell her the reason why and what you want it to be changed to.  i did this recently and she was very helpful (though it didn't solve my problem - i'd thoughtlessly posted my kids' names, which made me searchable, which i hated.  when i changed usernames, it changed the username on all of my old posts, so the same problem existed - hence, new account all together recently).

lisdea - happy anniversary to you too!!

carmen - fingers crossed for your capricorn baby!

pokey - i'll be optimistic with you!! fingersx.gif

afu - beta doubled nicely this morning joy.gif i'm breathing a bit easier, at last.

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#339 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Junebug, OOOOHHHH DOUBLING BETA!!!!  YAY!!!!!  And thanks for the info, I have done that.  

So if ya'll suddenly see darthtunaqueen, it's just me.  Under a different identity.  But still happily out of the closet (what closet?  I came out 11 years ago and promptly burnt that stupid thing to the ground!).

#340 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM

Junebug Y-eah for doubling beta...! Parade to come later...on my phone. joy.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#341 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM

Did someone say parade?

thumbsup.gifjumpers.gifjammin.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Congratulations Junebug!

#342 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Lise - I can't believe someone tried to police your feelings! I am so west coast about validating and encouraging all your feelings. It's not like you're being horrible or insulting to pregnant people if you have your own feelings that are complicated by your own family-making. Argh! 

Carmen - Glad you're feeling better. FX for your baby capricorn!

Allison - happy anniversary! darthtunaqueen, huh? that's pretty funny!

Pokey - I'm 9DPO too, we're synced up. How soon are you going to test??

Cananny - are you socially very close to those people? It might be useful to switch your/dp's relationship to a more professional-only relationship until you're feeling better about things. Of course, when you're pregnant soon, it might be nice to have a pg friend so close to your due date, so, you know, take the space you need but don't burn the bridges? Good luck. I would be upset in that situation too.

JUNEBUG!!!!!!!!!!

rainbow1284.gif jumpers.gifrainbow1284.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif  rainbow1284.gif jumpers.gifrainbow1284.gif

rainbow1284.gif jumpers.gifrainbow1284.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gif  rainbow1284.gif jumpers.gifrainbow1284.gif  

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#343 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Whoops, I forgot to talk about myself. Personal notes distract me so much.

AFM - I'm 9DPO. I had some serious cramping last night (8dpo), which I have never experienced the likes of outside of menstrual cramps. So, as I have said every day for the last five days or so, I'm totally convinced I'm pregnant.

Also, I have the most insane craving for a Mainstream Americanized "Italian" Restaurant which I will not name. We never eat at chain restaurants like that, like, I probably have not been there in eight+ years, but I'm going tonight, dammit. Cravings aren't supposed to start until later in a pregnancy, though, right? So let's blame the breadsticks on HCG. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#344 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM

mrsandmrs - Ha ha!  That's hilarious that you are craving that restaurant which shall not be named.  We had lunch there a few years ago when I met my now mother-in-law in Ohio.  I also had not been there for many years.  But recently several of our family members from Ohio have sent us gift cards for that establishment and we were forced to go.  It's in an old school mall far from the city center.  We decided to do some shopping before dinner and when we got there the place was packed!  There were tons of families there.  We clearly underestimated how popular this place is.

The cramps and cravings sound very promising!  I'm convince you are right.  Buon appetito!

I may test on Monday.  I had an HCG shot this cycle so they told me to wait 2 weeks before I can take a test. It's kind of a bummer.  I've never tested before because AF always showed up on time.  We'll see!  When are you going to test?  Maybe April Fool's Day would be a poor choice?

#345 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Junebug, Yay for doubling! I'm so happy for you!

Pokey and mrsandmrs- The suspense is seriously killing me. Since we're taking this cycle off and I have nothing to pee on, I think I'm unhealthily obsessed with other people's pee sticks. Can y'all POAS already??? (Just kidding. I know it's best to wait. I'm just living vicariously.)

Cananny, I'm really sorry. Sometimes life is just so unfair. I don't have any great wisdom, but I'm sending you a virtual hug.

Carmen, I hope the rest of Vegas has been fun. Did DD like the animals? Ocean would have flipped for them.

rs- How are you holding up? I'm thinking of you.

Essenbee- Sounds like you have a great family. My DP did physically transition, but spent several years before that identifying as male but still looking like a butch dyke. None of it has phased our daughter at all, though I will say that it's really weird for me now to be read as a straight couple. I miss being visibly queer, if that makes sense, but my DP is SO MUCH HAPPIER now, so it's hard to begrudge him my lack of queer legibility.

AFM, DP just left for a conference for a week, so I'm home alone with DD this weekend. My mom is coming on Sunday, and I have an insane amount of housecleaning to do tomorrow. This evening DD and I went to the Ace Hardware and had them shorten a mop handle for her so that she can help me with the cleaning tomorrow. She's super excited about it. Also, DD has been telling everyone (teachers at her school, friends, people in the grocery store) that I have a baby in my belly, and setting up beds all over the house for the baby. I was sort of hoping to not reveal to my mom that we're TTC again (she's got some boundary issues, and I don't want her all up in my uterus yet), but it seems inevitable that it will come out with all the baby talk. Oh well...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#346 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 PM

pokey -- we knew it was going to be crazy - friday night, near a mall, payday for most people - but my craving does not care about that! I left work early and we got there at 4:55. I really don't think I would have had the patience to wait an hour for a table at such a place. In the 5 minutes we waited for our table, about ten parties that came in. I was so relieved that we got there just in time. Funny side story to this craving - our teenager was so confused. He asked, "We're going to That Restaurant That Shall Not Be Named? Really? Are you pregnant and having cravings?" He does not know we're TTC so I was laughing, like, all hail the clairvoyant! 

re: trigger shot, i had one too. They say two weeks to be safe, but you can test it every day and see it leave your system. For most people, it's actually gone in 8-10 days, some people it tests out as early as 5 or 6 dpo. 

Angela - I have a blood test on Tuesday (13dpo) but I think I'm probably going to POAS maybe... Monday. If not a little before. We'll see how long I can hold out. My wife is going out of town without me on Weds, so we'd like to know one way or another before then! The suspense is killing me, too. 

#347 of 349 Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Angela - I know what you mean!  That's how I get on here too!  The suspense is too much!  Alas, I will wait.

#348 of 349 Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Junebug: Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Mrs2: I really hope you're pregnant!

Regarding trigger shots, mine says 10 days in the paperwork and that's what the doctor told me as well.

AFM: We're both holding up okay. It just *hurts*. I only cried once yesterday. I called one of my friends who had multiple miscarriages before she finally had her DS and we talked for a while. That helped.

I finally started spotting yesterday evening and heavy bleeding started this morning. Monday will be CD3 so we'll go in to see the RE. What bothers me is that our injectables are mail-order and they won't be here until Tuesday. Do you think it'll be okay to start them on CD4 instead of 3? We'll ask the RE too, but we want to do anything we can to up our odds. This is probably going to be our last try for a while. We may just have to get another script and take it to a local pharmacy.

The blood red tide shatters a mother's dreams/

The old moon drops the new/

Hope and joy both fade/

Pain is all that remains

Mother to one dd .
#349 of 349 Old 03-31-2012, 08:47 AM

Hey everyone.. come on over to April Queer Conceptions.. lets hop to some BFP this month!!!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349437/queer-conceptions-april-2012

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page