Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For the QOTD yesterday, we will taking a break if we are not pregnant this cycle (4 more days til we test).  Financial reasons, and also a newly developed medical reason with me.  I will be having a partial thyroidectomy on the left (and possibly the right too if they determine it is cancerous) if I am not pregnant.  We will probably go to reciprocal surrogacy ( DSp's eggs + FD sperm matching my characteristics + my uterus), starting in August.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#62 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM

Invitn-NO! Bad AF! I was so sure this was your month! FX next month our donor's super sperm make nice with your egg!

Esenbee-Everything crossed that this is your month and that all your health stuff turns out not as bad as you thought!

Rs-Thanks for asking about DW's appointment. Funny story the DR called her "normal". I just laughed and said no one has ever called her that before. We did however find out that she will be on this immune suppressing drug for the rest of her life, BUT it will allow her to have a long "healthy" life instead of being wheelchair bound by 40. This was the best news I have gotten in a while, now if we could only get our BFP I'd be over the moon!joy.gif

I hope your DW heals quickly and all is ok.

Outdoorsy-Oh we are so close making us cycle buddiesthumbsup.gif You are braver than I am. I have gotten to a point in the TTC process that I just wait for AF to show instead of trying to test. Here is to both of us getting our BFPs!!

Nos-I am still looking for you missy! Where oh where are you hiding?!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#63 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Could you please move me to "Waiting to O"?

invitn--I'm so sorry about AF coming!  That is so disappointing.  AF started for me today so I guess that makes us cycle buddies.  Your pin is very nice!  I hope the movie was a good distraction/mood booster.

cananny--I'm also sorry about your BFN!  I hope your RE appointment goes well and you make good plans for the future.  Have fun at the Y.  Exercise is great for fertility, stress relief and for staying pregnant once you are.

esenbee--fx for you!  I hope you get some good news.  I'm sorry you have to have surgery, but when you do, I hope it goes well and makes you healthier. 

rs11--I hope your appointment goes well and that you weather the storms of your hormones smoothly.  I hope your DW is feeling better soon and that the biopsies come back a-ok.  Also, the luck of the Irish to you on your new donor!

bwillliamson--Fingers crossed for you that it was just too early!

AngelaM-- I'm glad all went well and good luck to you!

Outdoorsy--Good luck and fx for you!  dust.gif

AFM-AF came today, and I'm happy because we skipped last month so now we can start again.  I need to call to make my appointments today and email the midwife who does our IUI's at home.  QOTD made me feel kind of sad.  I haven't really thought about it and we haven't really talked about it.  My wife brought it up the other day and then immediately apologized because she thought that she upset me.  I've always thought we will cross that bridge when we come to it.  I've always wanted to be pregnant and give birth, my DW has not so our views are a little different.  We have no reason to believe that I can't have a baby.  I just have a little low progesterone.  So it's just a matter of getting our timing down and getting a little help with the prog.  We've only tried 4 times with frozen so we're still running pretty average.  Good luck to everyone!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#64 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM

hi ladies - stepping out of the shadows to join in.  although it says i'm a new member, i've actually been on MDC since 2008; i had to get a new ID after losing my anonymity here.  my wife and i have three kids, who are the result of many, many years of ttc including icis, iuis, clomid, injectibles, and ultimately, multiple IVF cycles.  i am currently in the middle of a FET cycle.  we have 2 frozen embryos remaining and are scheduled for an embryo transfer next wednesday - hoping for our fourth (and final!) babe.

i'm looking forward to getting caught up with your journeys!  love.gif

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#65 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Outdoorsy: I used to start testing early but after having so many early losses I waited until 14dpo last time....and I will wait that long again when we try again.

Amt: looks like you and outdoorsy are on cycle together. Any intuitive guesses on whether this is the one for you?

Invitn: lol at the button. Sorry AF showed up....I also felt good about your chances this time...

bwill: 9dpo...definitely too early!!

rs: hugs to your very brave DP! I may have fainted too....

Pokey: welcome back in the game!

Welcome to Junebug!

QOTD: we didn't have any restrictions when ttc DD. Tis time around we've agreed to try until summer this year. However, as that gets closer I'm questioning that! It's hard because I feel like we just lost 3 months of trying dealing with this loss. Money isn't a huge issue (using a KD). We probably spend about 400/month on TTC stuff. Backup plan is a ministry adoption...and I hate to say it's a back up plan because we'd like to do it either way but i know if would be much more pressing if we didn't end up with another bio child.

Afm: I think I may have stopped spotting...none today. My temps are quite high still though. I doubt I'll O but just having a look out of curiosity. Cleanse is going great.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#66 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Hi everyone -- I have a migraine so I'm going to have to skip personals today. AF showed this morning - what a nice way to wake up, in addition to the migraine ! Since we have had so many BFN tests and I was feeling so PMSy, I wasn't surprised. Last night I had a good cry, just being upset about this cycle being over and picking stupid fights with my DW, but today I feel completely calm after so much weeping. I had a latte this morning (caffeine is such a good cure for migraines....) and it wasn't even decaf. I haven't had regular coffee since...September? I don't normally miss coffee but it was nice to have some today. 

Can I be moved to waiting to O? I have cd3 follie scan scheduled for Friday. I assume we're going to do 150 mg of clomid + trigger this month, but I won't get my script until Friday. Sigh. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#67 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 PM

whoops I forgot QOTD - Our current plan is to try 3 cycles with clomid (next cycle will be our third) and then take 1-2 months off, then try 3 cycles of injectable meds. I think our clinic likes to switch to injectables after 3 cycles of clomid, although I'm not certain and we'll have another meeting with the doc after this third cycle (if it doesn't work). I want to take some time off before I go down that path. Have I mentioned I'm extremely afraid of needles??? Yes, even the tiny ones!  I think a break would be good to let me get my weight under control. I have gained 5 pounds on clomid, which I guess is normal but it doesn't feel like it's good for me.

Also taking a couple months off would let us save up extra money for the added expense of injectables. Our insurance covers exactly $0 and 0% of any of our treatments, so every. single. thing. is out of pocket. I can recite in my sleep how much an ultrasound, blood draw, trigger shot and IUI cost. That's why it took us several years to get started on this process - we wanted a buffer in our savings for at least six months of fertility treatment expenses. We wanted to avoid going into debt for it or being forced to take a break when we didn't want to. Funny, though, here we are, planning a break anyway. I think it will be nice to have some Summer months without the stress of the fertility clinic, though. Get in some gardening without exhaustion and nausea, and soak up some sunshine. If you live in the Pacific Northwest, you have to really appreciate the sunny months! 

After 6 months - I don't know. Maybe we'll try IVF or switch to my DW and her proven uterus? 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#68 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM

I'm a little worried about nosreves. The woman who was such a frequent poster last month when she was threadkeeper hasn't posted in almost a week, at a time when she is in a TWW from insems that seemed well-timed. She should be happy and posting. Where is she?

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#69 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Pokey, I didn't mean for QOTD to make anyone sad!  :(  I'm sorry it did!  I was mostly curious to see if anyone had actually capped a ceiling limit on their attempts.  I know for some people adoption is completely impossible for legal reasons (utter bullshit!), and I know some people have never talked about it!  It came from asking some of the parents at work who underwent IVF if they had ever discussed how far/long/how much money they would put into TTC before they stopped and pursued other methods.  I've heard more than once that they just kept going, having never talked about it, and found themselves $50K in debt with a baby (or two!).  

Could we be moved to TWW please!  DW had a lovely temp rise above cover line this morning.  We actually saw ferning on the fertility focus lens yesterday and insemed SUPER early this morning (5:30am sperm run!).  We might do one more.  DW doesn't have the immediate feeling of "nope, didn't work" like last month, so it's a start...

And nos, WHERE ARE YOU????????  I hope everything's ok!!!  :(

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#70 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Allison--That's ok.  It's a totally reasonable question.  Maybe it just hit me at a weird time.   I think it just made me realize that my wife and I need to have a serious discussion about this at some point. I don't feel sad anymore.  We have 4 vials right now, and I'm hoping I will be pregnant by the time we use those up and then w won't have to cross that bridge.  Good luck in the TWW!!

Junebug-- Welcome!  Good luck to you on #4!

Carmen-- I'm glad the cleanse is going well.  Sometimes it seems like our bodies and minds need time to reset.

Mrsandmrs--I'm sorry it didn't work out this month.  Sounds like you had a good and well-deserved cry.  Good luck with the plan for this month!

#71 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM

salut gals!  i'm sorry to make ya'll worry, but i'm *really, really* touched that you did. blowkiss.gif   

amt -- hey, girl!  it's really funny that you teasingly called me "missy" in that last post, because i was called that for about the first 19 years of my life.  now only family and a few friends from my childhood can get away with it.   it's great that they've found something that will keep your DP "healthy", as you said.   she has MS, no?  i'm sorry that the meds make her sick, but at the same time, i imagine she'd rather be ill every few weeks and still be able to walk when she hits middle-age.  give her a big hug from me, and tell her i'm rooting for her.  so are you at 8 or 9dpo now?  are you having any symptoms?  i saw that you're not testing (i don't either, anymore), but i hope that you *have to* this month and that, when you do, you get that other bit of good news you're hoping for.  fingersx.gif

cananny -- i'm so sorry to hear about that BFN.  did AF ever show up?  what's the plan for next time?  *hugs*

rs11 -- yeah, the needles suck big time.  i've actually gotten to the point where i *almost* don't mind anymore....almost.  i have a pen-thingy, which makes it a lot easier, but i still occasionally hesitate at the hard part, and when i do, i end up hurting myself and giving myself little bruises.  from what i understand, bravelle is a urofollitropin, one of the gonadotropins that's extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women.  (who volunteers for that job???)  follistim, on the other hand, is a recombinant FSH that is made using chinese hamster ovary cells.... a small (but significant!) step up from rat urine, imo.  i read a research paper that said the urofollitropins have better success rates, but i can't seem to find it now.  i hope that's the case with you this month.   i absolutely *love* that you've chosen a red-headed donor this month.  i know that a few years ago they were turning gingers away from clinics on this side of the pond, but hopefully that has changed.  what a ridiculous prejudice....    i'm really sorry to hear about the depression....clomid does that to me big time, so i can relate.   how is your DP feeling today, btw?  i'm sending lots of positive thoughts her way.  please look after yourself, too.  these heavy hormones we're taking can screw with your emotions and your head, and on top of that you're dealing with all the stress from what your DP is going through.   in any case, i've got all my digits crossed that that super irish sperm will make march lucky for you. shamrocksmile.gif

outdoorsy -- hey chica....thanks for asking after me, and i'm sorry to make you worry!  i'll explain more about why i've been silent after i finish all the personals.  i wanted to tell you how lovely i thought your post about feeling grateful in the TWW was.  you are so right....we are lucky to have this time where we can hope and dream that all the bs we have to go through will result in a BFP  and a sticky bean.  and i saw the little shout out to me and DP in that...it made me tear up and i had to read what you wrote to DP so she would understand why i was getting emotional.  how's your temp now, and what dpo are you?  how are you feeling about this time in general?  still hopeful, i hope.  you know i have my fingers crossed big time for you.

invitn --  i love the button, but your reason for putting it up/on ....not so much.  blah and boo to that ugly witch.  i really hope this is the last month you have to wear that thing for a good long while.  *big hugs* to you, and i hope the movie and pizza helped ease the disappointment and pain a little bit.

allison -- how cool that your dad is over here!  is he in paris?  if he is (and if he's still here), i can give him some suggestions on yummy places to eat.... then again, he might already know this town.  i have to say that i'm sorry we won't be able to start a new religion based around you and your lesbo-immaculate conception.  i was looking forward to designing the perfect symbol that could later be turned into altar pieces, necklaces and bumper stickers. oh well....   WOOT for the well-timed insemination, though, and welcome to the tww(t)!  may it be the last one you and your DP have to endure for a while (amen).  

mrs² -- sorry to hear about AF and the migraine.  did the coffee help at all?  i'd kill for a cafe au lait right now.  were you taking 150mgs of clomid last time around, too?  how did it affect your lining?  (sorry if i've asked this before...)  what are they looking for at the follicle scan on cd3?  i'm supposed to get one at the very beginning of my next cycle to check for cysts.  it seems like it's going to be awfully, um... messy shake.gif.  i hope yours goes well.  

angela -- yay for the insem! i'm glad to hear you didn't have to recharge that tank or send the swimmers back.  welcome back to the joys of the tww(t)! (you feeling any symptoms yet?)

junebug -- weclome!

okay, i know i have missed a bunch of people, but it's super late here, and my brain cells are starting to complain.  forgive me if i missed you!  thanks to everyone for caring enough to ask how and where i am.  it's been a long week....  DP started clomid right after we got back from belgium, and several days of emotional turmoil ensued.  i've honestly never seen her like that, and it put a strain on both of us.  i guess it doesn't help that i've been taking the wonderf*&kingfabulous "spooge pills" (aka vaginal progesterone) for the past week.  ugh.....   i also went back to teaching this week, and i'm still trying to readjust.  in any case, DP and i both seem to be doing better since yesterday, but things were really tense and upsetting for a while, and i just didn't have emotional energy to post.  now she finally gets why i was always such a weepy mess on clomid, and now i get why she loathes the spooge pills.  fun with hormones!  DP has a follicle scan tomorrow, and i'm reallly really hoping that she has at least one big, juicy one so that she can trigger and we can go back to belgium on saturday.  if not, i might not be able to go with her guilty.gif.  what else..... i'm at 7dpo and not feeling anything in particular (except for the side effects of the spooge pills).  my hopes are very much parked in neutral at the moment even if i'd love to finally get a bfp.  if AF doesn't show up by next thursday, i'll probably test just so i can stop taking the dagnasty progesterone.  i'll definitely try to post more regularly from now on. 

baby dust and good wishes to everyone goodvibes.gif

pokeyac likes this.

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#72 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM

Nores

Good to see you.. Nope that evil AF has not shown up and still BFN .. I didnt think I was at this point... but i just wish AF would come on her own.. I really do not want to take the meds to make her come.. that makes it brutal... so glad your tww is going smoothly as a tww can be....

Next RE appt is the 13th and we are going to talk injetables.. and other meds... i want to max this as much as possible..  :)

Good luck to DP.. grow eggs grow!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

salut gals!  i'm sorry to make ya'll worry, but i'm *really, really* touched that you did. blowkiss.gif   

amt -- hey, girl!  it's really funny that you teasingly called me "missy" in that last post, because i was called that for about the first 19 years of my life.  now only family and a few friends from my childhood can get away with it.   it's great that they've found something that will keep your DP "healthy", as you said.   she has MS, no?  i'm sorry that the meds make her sick, but at the same time, i imagine she'd rather be ill every few weeks and still be able to walk when she hits middle-age.  give her a big hug from me, and tell her i'm rooting for her.  so are you at 8 or 9dpo now?  are you having any symptoms?  i saw that you're not testing (i don't either, anymore), but i hope that you *have to* this month and that, when you do, you get that other bit of good news you're hoping for.  fingersx.gif

cananny -- i'm so sorry to hear about that BFN.  did AF ever show up?  what's the plan for next time?  *hugs*

rs11 -- yeah, the needles suck big time.  i've actually gotten to the point where i *almost* don't mind anymore....almost.  i have a pen-thingy, which makes it a lot easier, but i still occasionally hesitate at the hard part, and when i do, i end up hurting myself and giving myself little bruises.  from what i understand, bravelle is a urofollitropin, one of the gonadotropins that's extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women.  (who volunteers for that job???)  follistim, on the other hand, is a recombinant FSH that is made using chinese hamster ovary cells.... a small (but significant!) step up from rat urine, imo.  i read a research paper that said the urofollitropins have better success rates, but i can't seem to find it now.  i hope that's the case with you this month.   i absolutely *love* that you've chosen a red-headed donor this month.  i know that a few years ago they were turning gingers away from clinics on this side of the pond, but hopefully that has changed.  what a ridiculous prejudice....    i'm really sorry to hear about the depression....clomid does that to me big time, so i can relate.   how is your DP feeling today, btw?  i'm sending lots of positive thoughts her way.  please look after yourself, too.  these heavy hormones we're taking can screw with your emotions and your head, and on top of that you're dealing with all the stress from what your DP is going through.   in any case, i've got all my digits crossed that that super irish sperm will make march lucky for you. shamrocksmile.gif

outdoorsy -- hey chica....thanks for asking after me, and i'm sorry to make you worry!  i'll explain more about why i've been silent after i finish all the personals.  i wanted to tell you how lovely i thought your post about feeling grateful in the TWW was.  you are so right....we are lucky to have this time where we can hope and dream that all the bs we have to go through will result in a BFP  and a sticky bean.  and i saw the little shout out to me and DP in that...it made me tear up and i had to read what you wrote to DP so she would understand why i was getting emotional.  how's your temp now, and what dpo are you?  how are you feeling about this time in general?  still hopeful, i hope.  you know i have my fingers crossed big time for you.

invitn --  i love the button, but your reason for putting it up/on ....not so much.  blah and boo to that ugly witch.  i really hope this is the last month you have to wear that thing for a good long while.  *big hugs* to you, and i hope the movie and pizza helped ease the disappointment and pain a little bit.

allison -- how cool that your dad is over here!  is he in paris?  if he is (and if he's still here), i can give him some suggestions on yummy places to eat.... then again, he might already know this town.  i have to say that i'm sorry we won't be able to start a new religion based around you and your lesbo-immaculate conception.  i was looking forward to designing the perfect symbol that could later be turned into altar pieces, necklaces and bumper stickers. oh well....   WOOT for the well-timed insemination, though, and welcome to the tww(t)!  may it be the last one you and your DP have to endure for a while (amen).  

mrs² -- sorry to hear about AF and the migraine.  did the coffee help at all?  i'd kill for a cafe au lait right now.  were you taking 150mgs of clomid last time around, too?  how did it affect your lining?  (sorry if i've asked this before...)  what are they looking for at the follicle scan on cd3?  i'm supposed to get one at the very beginning of my next cycle to check for cysts.  it seems like it's going to be awfully, um... messy shake.gif.  i hope yours goes well.  

angela -- yay for the insem! i'm glad to hear you didn't have to recharge that tank or send the swimmers back.  welcome back to the joys of the tww(t)! (you feeling any symptoms yet?)

junebug -- weclome!

okay, i know i have missed a bunch of people, but it's super late here, and my brain cells are starting to complain.  forgive me if i missed you!  thanks to everyone for caring enough to ask how and where i am.  it's been a long week....  DP started clomid right after we got back from belgium, and several days of emotional turmoil ensued.  i've honestly never seen her like that, and it put a strain on both of us.  i guess it doesn't help that i've been taking the wonderf*&kingfabulous "spooge pills" (aka vaginal progesterone) for the past week.  ugh.....   i also went back to teaching this week, and i'm still trying to readjust.  in any case, DP and i both seem to be doing better since yesterday, but things were really tense and upsetting for a while, and i just didn't have emotional energy to post.  now she finally gets why i was always such a weepy mess on clomid, and now i get why she loathes the spooge pills.  fun with hormones!  DP has a follicle scan tomorrow, and i'm reallly really hoping that she has at least one big, juicy one so that she can trigger and we can go back to belgium on saturday.  if not, i might not be able to go with her guilty.gif.  what else..... i'm at 7dpo and not feeling anything in particular (except for the side effects of the spooge pills).  my hopes are very much parked in neutral at the moment even if i'd love to finally get a bfp.  if AF doesn't show up by next thursday, i'll probably test just so i can stop taking the dagnasty progesterone.  i'll definitely try to post more regularly from now on. 

baby dust and good wishes to everyone goodvibes.gif

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#73 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Junebug: Welcome! I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

AMT: I am so happy for you and DP! It's amazing what they can do now with drugs and techniques. I'm glad she's going to be able to keep walking. I hope you get your BFP soon, too. Peace.gif

Carmen: I'm glad the cleanse is going so well. I know you've probably covered every base, but have they tested you to make sure your repeated miscarriages aren't due to low progesterone or other hormonal issues? One of my best friends was telling me that she lost several before they figured out she had some sort of weird hormonal thing going on. The way she finally got her son was by taking vaginal progesterone twice a day and a shot once a day through most of her pregnancy.

Allison: Congrats on the insem! It sound like you time it well this month. You didn't make me sad with your question. DW and I have already thought about it a lot. We'd love to be able to go to IVF if necessary, but financially that would be nearly impossible. As for adoption, here's the problem: private or international adoption in the States cost anywhere from $30-60k. We don't have that kind of money. So, we'd have to go through foster care. Now, Alabama doesn't technically outlaw GLBT adoption from their foster care system, they just find every way they can to disqualify a couple, and if they have to qualify them, they just never offer them a child. What we would probably have to do is this: move to Tennessee (we own land there anyway, so we plan to do so sooner or later), have a private home study done, which Tennessee requires, get certified, probably also through a private agency, and then adopt out of state in the Northwest or Northeast. All of which would probably cost about as much as a round of IVF (but be tax-deductible, at least). We want to adopt eventually, but we want bio children first if at all possible.

Mrs2: You might try the combination orals/injectables before switching to pure injectables. The cost is much less.

Nos: There you are! I was also beginning to worry. It's good to hear from you! :) The CD3 u/s and bloodwork tells them if you have any cysts and if you're at baseline. It's not as messy as you'd think, or at least it hasn't been for me.

AFU: DW is feeling better. She's going back to work today. No word yet from the doctor on the biopsies. If they come back okay, DW is going in to have an IUD inserted in two weeks.We're both amused by this. They had to do a pregnancy test at the office before the biopsies (insurance required it) and the nurse apologized profusely. It's nice to have lesbian-friendly healthcare professionals!

I'm starting to feel my ovaries, so that tells me that the shots are working. My u/s is tomorrow. Fx crossed. I'll be on the vaginal progesterone this month, but I'll be using pills and not suppositories. The pharmacy wanted almost $300 for the suppositories!

I'm doing much better mood-wise, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about the insem next week. March is a hard month for me; the anniversary of my father's death is next week, and I'm not sure I can emotionally handle doing an IUI on that day. DW wanted to skip this month, but I was insistent; I don't want to stop trying until we have to.

Mother to one dd .
#74 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 AM

nos: Good to hear from you. Sorry you've been having a hard time. Is this your first time taking the progesterone suppositories? The first time I took them I thought I had lots of symptoms from it but the second cycle I didn't...so maybe it will get easier for you. I'm glad you're both doing better....take care!

cananny: How long will you wait before taking the meds to start af? I don't blame you for wanting to avoid them...are you continuing acupuncture during this time? Perhaps it can get things going?

rs: I got fairly depressed when TTC DD....I'm not prone to depression at all and had never really dealt with it before to that degree. It was hard but you do get through it. Take it easy on yourself this month. Perhaps getting pregnant on the anniversary of your father's death would be a wonderful thing :) And thanks for the suggestion on getting my progesterone checked. It was fine when TTC DD (I only had it tested when pregnant with DD and no issues). I had it checked early on when starting to TTC this time around because DD was still nursing so much and my LP was shortish at 8-9 days. It was a bit low then...as expected. I haven't had it tested since but the last 2 cycles I've used the vaginal progesterone (high dose too!) and it hasn't made a difference. I've had a million blood tests and a HSG and everything comes back "very normal." The RE is quite convinced it is an age/egg quality related thing. I can agree with that but because there is no conclusive evidence I'm basically left wondering! Eta: my LP took about 3 cycles after I got my first PP AF back to get back to it's normal 13-14 days.

Afm: The cleanse has kicked it into high gear and I'm running to the bathroom lots....it's working I guess lol

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#75 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 AM

Angela and Allison - Yay for your insems! Good luck in the TWW! Fx for both of you.

invitn and mrsandmrs - I'm sorry to hear that uninvited aunt af.gif showed up. How rude! I hope the stars (o signs) align for each of you for a great next cycle.

Btw, invitn, I've been meaning to mention that I love your screen name because the spelling of "invitn" makes me picture a rapper gesturing and saying with a lot of emphasis, "We are invitin' conception!" nod.gif

bwilliamson - so sorry about the BFN. I don't have experience with NW Cryo -- it would have been so far away for me, I'm sure the shipping would have made it a lot more expensive.

rs11 - thanks for the fx crossed! I am really hoping your DW gets the best possible news from the biopsies. Good luck on your insem, and try not to be too nervous (though it happens to most of us). It's great that you're feeling your ovaries - that's the first step! Hopefully you'll be feeling preg symptoms next. Re the anniversary of your father's death, maybe the link can be a positive thing like someone else suggested. Fertility Friend says if I conceived this cycle the due date would be very close to my DW's deceased Mom's b-day, which DW kind of imagines is her mom's doing. So even though yours isn't tied to a b-day, maybe you can imagine your father giving you great vibes for cenception.

re the QOTD - I have to admit I don't want to think about that right now. I think a lot of us go through phases where we know we have to face those questions, but also phases where we have to put them out of our minds. Maybe that's why not a lot of people are responding. It's a hard thing to contemplate.

esenbee - My best to you - thinking of you and your thyroid glands this week. Reciprocal surrogacy sounds daunting but cool at the same time.

pokey - glad you got the waited-for AF. you're back on the roller coaster.

junebug - welcome!

Carmen - glad you are well.

Nos - So glad you are back! Sorry to hear you and DP were having a rough time, but I'm glad things are smoothing out, minus the gross spooge pills. It must be interesting for you and DP to suddenly experience what the other was going through with the "Cloments" and spooge pills. I hope you get to go to Belgique on Sat! Thanks for saying you liked my shout-out. It would be great if we both got BFPs this cycle and moved to QPP.

Cananny - good luck at your RE appointment.

AFM - FF says I am 10 DPO. By the way, with my long cycles, this is now CD 38, so on my paper chart at my bedside, I've had to start a new piece of paper. Temp is still up. Boobs are tender. Crampiness is gone except for a vague feeling when I wake up. I felt very bloated yesterday, but I suspect the bloating may have been a symptom not of pregnancy, but of an affliction called "ate too much pasta." Since I am still in the free trial of the VIP service on FF, I can report that it has given me 47 out of 100 points for possible early pregnancy signs. I have to admit that due mainly to the crampiness and those 47 points, I am getting a little excited. But I don't want to set myself up for a major depression if a get a BFN. I think we are going to test Sun, at 13 DPO.

Best to everyone!  goodvibes.gif

#76 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM

Hi all!

QOTD (from two days ago...): I'm not really sure. Last time I did six unmedicated IUI cycles, and got pregnant the first time (miscarried) and the last time. This time around, I definitely don't have it in me emotionally to keep going that long without some medical intervention. But, we are also in a much better financial position now (I was a grad student the first time around, living on a small stipend; now I have a "real" job that provides a bit more security), and we have insurance that covers up to $10,000 of infertility costs. The insurance won't pay for sperm, but it will pay for IUIs, meds, and part of IVF, if we chose to pursue it. I'm not sure if we would or not. I'm open to some drugs, but IVF feels like potentially more intervention that I want. Because I have given birth once, I feel less like I NEED to do it again, though I would like to. The problem is that I'm not sure what my partner's trans status would mean for us in terms of adoption here in North Carolina. So, we're playing it by ear for now.

So, I got my positive OPK on Monday night, and insemmed Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. And now, today, Thursday, I feel super crampy. Is this a result of something positive happening, or am I just ovulating now and feeling crampy from it? Hopefully the latter. (And yes, if only I were temping...:)

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#77 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Nos!  Glad to hear you're alive and (mostly) well!!  Sorry to hear that the hormones are making your life even more complicated than it already is.  Good luck on going back to teaching!  The teachers are all on strike over here right now, since our stupid government is trying to pass a bill making it illegal for them to strike/do job action and making it so that HUGE cuts can be made to the system and have the people on the front lines just have to "suck it up".  Us RNs are girding our loins, our contracts expire at the end of April.  Woohoo!  Good luck on your TWW!

Mrs: I think your talk about coffee made me crave it.  Made a (small) cup this morning!

Carmen: Yay for cleansing!

Rs, good luck on your u/s!!  :D

Annnddd this has been sitting open on my desktop since this morning, and I'm sure there's more activity!!!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#78 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM

13 DPO now.  AF was expected today (usually when I first wake up) but no signs of her, not a cramp one.  She was expected Tuesday, but going by my normal luteal phase, she was expected today.  Tuesday I POAS, negative.  And tonight I POAS, still negative.  Tuesday's POAS was just for the heck of it, but tonight's POAS was a little bit of a let down.  Still have hope though.  It ain't over til the Red Lady sings...

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#79 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 PM

OK, it's 10:44 p.m. here, and I'm posting again because I had to be on the computer for something else.

Angela - It sounds very likely that your crampy feeling was ovulation. If so, then your insems were well-timed! Congrats!

esenbee - sorry for the letdown, and I'm glad you still have hope. This is me scaring AF away: Grrrrrrr! (raises arms and makes like a bear)

#80 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Carmen..

I think I will go to accupuncture next week , see what she can do to get AF to show her face.. But I also see the RE tuesday.. I will more than likely start the meds then.. I want to start planning for the next cycle :) Not that I WANT AF... but i know she needs to get her ugly head here!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

nos: Good to hear from you. Sorry you've been having a hard time. Is this your first time taking the progesterone suppositories? The first time I took them I thought I had lots of symptoms from it but the second cycle I didn't...so maybe it will get easier for you. I'm glad you're both doing better....take care!

cananny: How long will you wait before taking the meds to start af? I don't blame you for wanting to avoid them...are you continuing acupuncture during this time? Perhaps it can get things going?

rs: I got fairly depressed when TTC DD....I'm not prone to depression at all and had never really dealt with it before to that degree. It was hard but you do get through it. Take it easy on yourself this month. Perhaps getting pregnant on the anniversary of your father's death would be a wonderful thing :) And thanks for the suggestion on getting my progesterone checked. It was fine when TTC DD (I only had it tested when pregnant with DD and no issues). I had it checked early on when starting to TTC this time around because DD was still nursing so much and my LP was shortish at 8-9 days. It was a bit low then...as expected. I haven't had it tested since but the last 2 cycles I've used the vaginal progesterone (high dose too!) and it hasn't made a difference. I've had a million blood tests and a HSG and everything comes back "very normal." The RE is quite convinced it is an age/egg quality related thing. I can agree with that but because there is no conclusive evidence I'm basically left wondering! Eta: my LP took about 3 cycles after I got my first PP AF back to get back to it's normal 13-14 days.

Afm: The cleanse has kicked it into high gear and I'm running to the bathroom lots....it's working I guess lol

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#81 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM

nos - the coffee did help, actually! although i think it may have been bad because I keep thinking "wow, that was delicious." and "wow, that was so wonderful." which is not what I should be thinking about coffee right now! I took 100 mg of clomid last cycle. So far, my lining has not been affected by clomid, and I am so thankful for that. I know the effects can be cumulative and it can be worse at a higher dose, but who knows! the cd3 scan is to check for cysts and to make sure that the lining is shedding completely. it is, in fact, quite messy and uncomfortable. I hope you don't actually need a CD3 scan because you get a BFP! how's the tww treating you - any symptoms? I have heard that the prog can mask your real pg symptoms. It must be a super fun party in your house with all those fertility drugs in both you and your partner!

RS - I don't know anything about a hybrid oral/injectable cycle, I guess I'll ask my doc about it if we another consultation after this cycle. I hope this next cycle goes well for you and brings you some positive memories of that date. Good luck with the prog. Maybe it's just what you need! 

outdoorsy & angela - how's the tww going? any symptoms yet????

carmen - are you trying again in march or april? what kind of a cleanse are you doing? Master Cleanse? :) 

esen -- so.... how's it going? did you get a positive pee stick yet? do you have a blood test scheduled? 

cananny - i hope you get to move onto your next cycle soon! stupid AF is always getting her timing wrong.... 

Allison - so, how was the coffee??? worth it?

afm - I cannot tell you how very deeply excited I am to have another awesome transvaginal ultrasound today! Especially on CD3 when things are so tender and messy in that region. 

#82 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Four follicles! Four! All good size. Here are the numbers:

Right ovary -3 follies; 19, 15, 14

Left ovary -1 follie -20

We may be doing our IUI over the weekend. It looks like the injectables worked! And my lining was definitely thick enough!

Mrs2: Definitely talk to your doctor about the chance of a combined oral/injectable cycle; if we had gone straight to pure injectables, I might have had 10 follies this month. Instead we did the tamoxifen+1 shot of the bravelle every night for five nights.

Esenbee: I'm so sorry about the BFN. I hope you heal fast and can start again on this journey.

Outdoorsy and Angela: Good luck!

QOTD: Have you given up coffee/tea/other caffeinated beverages?

My answer: I gave up the caffeine in December (aside from one or two times when I wasn't in the TWW), but just switched to decaf coffee and black tea, which is apparently safe during pregnancy.

Mother to one dd .
#83 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 AM

We are leaving for our cruise today and I have a midterm in an hour, so no time for personals before I leave. I just wanted to stop by and answer the QOTD:

I work as a supervisor at Starbucks. I've been a coffee addict since I was eight and I started working for Starbucks three years ago. While I'm on the clock, I get as many free delicious beverages as I want. I've tried sticking to teas and water, but it is just not cutting it for me. I normally have about five caffeinated beverages a day. When we started thinking about ttc, I switched most of my drinks to decaf. Now that it feels like it hasn't worked, I've been having them caffeinated again. The no caffein part of pregnancy will be the hardest to deal with when it actually works. 

#84 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Mrsandmrs--Good luck on your scan.  I am CD 3 also.  I start my Clomid today.  That's great that your lining has not been affected because that is so important.

rs11--Awesome follicles!  All the news sounds good. Good luck with the IUI.

QOTD--I've never been a coffee drinker. I have 2-3 espresso drinks per week.  I like lots of milk and sweetener with my coffee.  I drink a lot of tea.  I used to drink black tea most of the day, but a while ago I cut back to one black tea in the morning and then herbal teas the rest of the day.  I don't drink much soda either, so cutting back on caffeine wasn't tough for me.  In the months when we are ttc, I try to cut back on the espresso.  I think some caffeine is ok, but a lot isn't good.  I've heard that high caffeine use is related to miscarriage risk.  I also gave up alcohol on the advice of a midwife I was working with to increase my fertility.  I never drank a lot, but I enjoyed a couple drinks at happy hour on Friday and maybe a little limoncello or egg nog in the evenings.  The midwife's view is that anything extra your body has to do takes away from it focusing on your fertility, and processing alcohol is extra work.  We'll see.   

#85 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome love.gif

rs - those are great follie measurements, i'll cross my fingers for your iui this weekend!

outdoorsy - fingers crossed for you too this weekend!

mrs - hope your u/s went well this morning & you got the "all-clear" to proceed. those cd3 ultrasounds are always a bit miserable.

angela - your timing sounds right-on, and the cramps are an encouraging sign! thumb.gif

esenbee - im sorry about the negative hpt, but i love your "it ain't over til it's over" attitude!! 

so, the QOTD has made me realize i probably need to stop drinking caffeine (... slowly setting down the coke zero in my hand ...)  i've never been good about giving it up before the insem or ET, but with only 5 days to go, i should probably wean down!

afm, PIO injections start tonight. not looking forward to those again crap.gif

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#86 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM

just stopping by to say: 

RS- i am doing some excited jersey shore-style fist pumping for those beautiful follicles. are you getting a trigger shot? i'm so excited for you!

#87 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Bwilliamson: Have fun on the cruise!

AFM: A quick update -the RE's office called this afternoon; I'm not ovulating on my own yet and it doesn't look like I'll start in the next 24 hours, so I'm going to do the trigger shot tomorrow night at 10 and then go in for the IUI at 10 on Monday morning. Thirty-six hours is supposed to be the magic number, and with four good follies, I'm really hopeful!

Mother to one dd .
#88 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Mrs: I'm not the one whose uterus we are trying to Occupy, so I can do I want.  I could shoot up heroin and drink draino and it wouldn't damage the baby (my DW's sanity on the other hand...).  The idea of me shooting up heroin and drinking draino is hysterical, I'm chucking to myself and my roommate keeps saying "what's so funny?!".  Unfortunately I am less creative than that and stick to lots of veggies.  I went and got myself right hooked on caffeine when I started my new job 18 months ago (I'd managed to stay almost completely unaddicted), so I'm trying to get off of the stuff now.  I switched to Yerba Mate tea (mixed with some kind of herbal tea), since I find it gives me the jolt I need without needing to peel me off the ceiling.  I'm high high energy on the worst of days, so I really DON'T need caffeine (it's not uncommon to see me jigging around the NICU and singing ridiculous things to the babies).  

Rs, ooooooh shiny shiny follicles!!  :D  Good luck with your insem!

B, have a fabulous time on your cruise!!  

Sooo... DPO 4 and DW feels "buzzing" energy.  Cranio-sacral RMT was very pleased with all things this morning.  Temp drop yesterday and today, RMT told DW to ditch the BBT (which we can't, since we need to know when we can stop insemming with KD!), since we were all confused thinking that she hadn't actually ovulated 4 days ago.  Stupid TCOYF is not co-operating and doesn't give an option on a certain day to say "OH HAI, I OVULATED!".  When it's my turn I'm using FF!  So now I just have to sit on my hands for a week and a bit.  I keep having dreams about twins lately.  This cannot be a good sign...... ;)  

Sorry about the twitchiness today, I'm trying to finish a project for school and instead got INSANELY distracted by pinterest...  oh dear.  

#89 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

rs11 -hopefully try #3 w/ FS IUI's will be the shamrocksmile.gif cycle!

QOTD -I have given up caffeine while TTC, but I have never been a very big soda drinker and I'm not a big coffee drinker now since I quit 3rd shift this past May.  I also have tried to cut back on the high fructose corn syrup, because despite what the commercials say, I believe, that our bodies CAN tell the difference between cane sugar and corn sugar.  My 7UP has been very hard to limit though!

AFM cycle-wise -AF showed up today, incredibly heavy.  I had my first TTC cry.  Though the tears only came when thinking about having to call up my ENT to tell him that the thyroid surgery is a go.  So I think most of the tears were from being scared about dealing with the thyroid cancer possibility.  But a few were from being let down from the hope that this was going to be the cycle.  When we started this in December, I had (naively) hoped that we would get pregnant the very first cycle.  When I told DSp about AF today, he asked what we planning on doing (regarding the thyroid issue) and I immediately teared up and choked up and couldn't talk about it, barely being able to get out the words that I wasn't ready to talk yet.

#90 of 349 Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

JuneBug: Welcome (back?) to this forum. Wow, three babies through AI process! You and DW are fierce fertility soldiers!! I know that ttc process has been crazy for DW and I for the past 1 and 1/2 years: and we are only on baby 1.  Good luck with your FET. I'm not very familiar with IVF, would you mind sharing a little bit about common sx with the PIO injections.

Allison: fx crossed you too. Oh dreams about twins..how intimidating and exciting at the same time! How cool is it to dream of about your possible future babe(s)

Nos:Hats off to you and DW for both doing this process at once, and then both on hormones to boot. You have to share your guys' secret on staying calm and patient with each other in the process. Hope DW has a rock star folli scan!!! And good luck making peace with those sneaky/crafty progesterone sx in the last few days of the TWW. I have been on Prometrium vag pills for 4 months...and strangely the SEs are getting way easier to deal with for me. 

Cananny: It is not common to hear this on a ttc forum..."Ok AF,listen here missy! Show yourself already now so Ms Cananny can move on to the next step!!" I hope RE or acupuncture can help get things moving along for you.

RS: Awesome folli count!! Good luck with your IUI on Monday!! Perhaps March is your Month. Although it sounds like this is an incredibly hard month with getting through the Anniv of your father's death, perhaps you will receive a sign/sense that he is nearby in some form and present to help guide you and cheer you on this month particularly! I wish calm as days draw closer to the Anniv date and peace on the day and days following. Take care. My thoughts are with you.

Outdoorsy: Girl your sx sound so promising. I get a really good feeling about this. Thanks for the shout out about my screen name. I got the idea for the screen name from article I read about shifting your mindset about the ttc process..instead of saying "trying" move to saying "inviting" conception. Saying "inviting" helps me feel so less deseparate and focused on a force outside of me. "Inviting" to me infers that the force is already present within me and I merely just need to shift my focus to cordially bring my future baby into the life it is meant to have with me. 

Angela: The cramping you referred to sounds like a good sign that your insem timings were right on! Now good luck in your tww...I'm going to move you to 'waiting to know,' k?

MrsandMrs: Awe my thoughts are with you for your u/s. So many things in this process make us humble..u/s on day 3 would definitely be near the top on the list.

Essenbee: Oh I'm so sorry that you got a double whammy with the arrival of the despicable AF. It sounds like you are doing the best you can, just taking it one moment at a time in order to try to process your next move. I'm so sorry you have to go this all of this right now. TTC process is difficult enough w/o having to contemplate the possibility of more significant health issues. I hope that you have great supports to talk about everything with or simply to be there to help distract you or just let you cry. My thoughts are with you girl. hug2.gif

AFM: So now on CD 4. By now, my completely raw and ugly hatred of AF is giving way to constructive thoughts of insemming next week. I'm going to do something crazy this cycle- I'm going to pay closer attn to the expected fertile days on FF. I don't think I've every really paid attn to those prospective days. I would really like to try to get the timing more right on (I guess, this is everyone's wish) and possibly achieve a solid cover line. Outdoorsy, your experience from this month has inspired me to do what I can to repeatedly refer to FF info. One obstacle facing this cycle is that I will probably get my surge on the weekend--which is difficult considering KD has to ship his goods and there is no delivery on Sunday. My KD insists that I should have already insemmed with fresh sperm right before I get the surge? Any thoughts on that?

Oh and I want to start a new QOTD, since it is 1am my time. What do you and possibly your DW/DP do to help make life seem as normal as possible while ttc process? I've been thinking about this questioning a lot since I've started to reflect on a feeling I've had that life is on hold in some way until I get pregnant. This is hard because that mean that life has felt on hold since Sept 2010 when we first starting "inviting" conception, that is a long@%$ time to wait for anything....you think tww sucks...try the 545 day wait (Sept 2010-to now). I guess I'm just a little over the idea of sitting back and waiting. I would like this conception process to feel like it's integrated more smoothly and effortlessly in my marriage. Unfortunately, the pain that has come with this conception process has felt like an unbearable wedge in my relationship...at times like the elephant in the room which we don't want to acknowledge. DW feels like there is too much negativity associated the process which makes her dislike the process alot..I see the "negativity" of this process being the inevitable uncomfortable issues that are important to just learn to navigate around (ie...stressing about finances). My answer to the QOTD : I would like DW and I to be willing to radical accept the pain of this process a little bit more- talking more about our hopes and dreams about becoming parents/raising children together while we try to enjoy our life more right now while we still don't have children. I think DW and I simply need to have a little bit more fun.

I have so much joy.gif for you guys. dust.gifto all and good night sleeping.gif

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page