Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hopeful, that sucks! So, two possibilities- one is that it's an evap line (boo!), or the other is that your urine was more concentrated last night when you POAS than it was today. How many DPO are you? Fingers seriously crossed!

Cananny, I hope this is the move forward that brings you a baby!

AFM, we were so last minute about this whole babymaking thing that I do not have my usual supply of 80 bazillion cheapo pregnancy tests at home. Which is probably good, because I'm sure I'd already be peeing on them. But now, at 7 DPO, I am resisting the urge to go to the CVS, buy a stick, and pee on it. I mean, it's too early, right? Right? Right?

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#122 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hello Everyone!

Hopeful--I'm sorry about your frustrating situation.  Very annoying!  How many DPO are you?

Amt--I'm sorry about your BFN.  But congratulations on the new car!  I hope the Dr can help answer some questions and speed things along.

Cananny--I'm glad your appointment went well.  The plan does sound a bit rough.  I hope you both get through it ok and that it does the job!  I hope your AF isn't too bad with the meds.  Here's to the new cycle starting and a fresh start!  goodvibes.gif

Outdoorsy--Knowing when to take a break is an important skill when TTC.  I hope your break is restful, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

AngelaM and Cananny-- We are also using TSBC.  The lowest count we had was 39 million and the best was like 78 million.  We recently switched to a new donor because our first one sold out, and the new one has the higher count.  So fx!

invitn-I hope your timing works out this month!  Is your KD shipping to you?  I know frozen lives about 12-24 hours, but I don't know how long it is for shipped fresh.

Allison-- Good luck with the move.  I hope everything else is going well.

Junebug--Those needles do not look fun at all, but I hope everything works out the way it is supposed to!

Carmen--Have fun in Vegas!  I hope luck is on your side.  It will be nice to get away and relax.  I assume you won't be cleansing in Vegas, with all those yummy buffets.

esenbee--Good luck with your new cycle!  I'm sorry you have to deal with the thyroid fears.  Things have a way of working themselves out, and they will eventually.

AFU--Nothing much to report here.  I finished my Clomid yesterday, and I didn't have any weird side effects, maybe a couple hot flashes.  Monday I go to the RE for a follicle scan and possibly the trigger shot.  If I'm not ready, I'm going to ask them to show me how to do the shot myself so we can do it at home later.  I can't miss work work because someone I work with will be on vacation.  This is the second time he's gone out of town when I'm ovulating, and it's so inconvenient.  winky.gif  After my appointment, I am stopping by the bank to pick up the swim team.  I complain about them only being open 9-5, but I am very lucky that the bank is close enough that I can take public transportation there.  I'm fortunate not to have to deal with shipping.

Good luck to everyone in the TWW! dust.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#123 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Carmen- Vegas! That should be fun. I hope it is the right amount of relaxation and adventure/fun for you.

Esenbee- I am sorry you are having to deal with such a scary issue right now. I'm hoping that you will be pregnant before May but if not I hope fixing your thyroid issue will help with the TTC process. I have heard that having thyroid issues can make this process even more difficult so hugs to you.

Rs- I hope you are getting your reasons to like March right now and that a tiny human is forming as we speak.

Cananny- I am sorry AF didnt show up on her own and that you have to go on meds now. I hope she is nice to you when she finally shows her ugly face. 

Invitn- Good luck this cycle with working out the timing with your KD not being available. I hope it turns out to be perfect for you. 

Angela- 88 million in an IUI vial?!?!??! Holy cow. The bank I am using guarantees 5 mil. (I think) That is so much sperm!!!! I hope that 1 of those 88 mil contains the special one that will make up half of your LO. And yes, 7 DPO is too early!

Outdoorsy- I hope not checking in allows you what you need hug2.gif

Nos- I hope you and your DP had a wonderful time in Belgium. Good luck

Amt- Reading about your DP and her living a long healthy life with you gave me chills. I hope that is exactly what the two of you get as well as a no AF and a positive blood test. I am sorry about the BFN this morning but it is nice that your TWW flew by. 

Pokey- Darn that coworker for going on vacation when it is so inconvenient! 

AFM- I am 12 DPO today. If you want you can chart1new.gif(http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/380cb7 )The first chart is one that I just added to show the difference in this cycles temps vs. the previous ones. This time they are much higher and are still high... I'm not sure what this means yet. If is turns out that I am not pregnant this cycle what would cause higher temps? The last part of the TWW is the worst. So many unanswered questions!!!

I hope you are all having lots of luck this cycle. 

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#124 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM

I hope it's just too early to tell!  Good luck!

#125 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM

invitin - sounds like an insem before and after the weekend is a good way to cover all bases.  i'll keep fingers crossed!!

rs - im still impressed with that awesome count! with those numbers and 4 good follicles, im very optimistic for you!

angela - asheville is such a wonderful place to get away, a perfect mountain for a weekend break!  and yes, 7dpo is way to early. resist, resist! ;)

outdoorsy - sending you a hug. hope things level out soon.

cananny - that protocol sounds promising.  your dp's reaction made me laugh, those meds are crazy-making for sure!

hopeful - arg, that is torture! keeping fingers crossed for you.

pokey - that's awesome you can pick up your swim team in person. the trigger shot isn't too bad to do alone, you can totally handle it!

afu, our embryo transfer was this morning.  both of our embryos survived the thaw beautifully, for which i am so grateful. i've been at home on bed rest ever since, and plan to stay here at least another day or two (the RE recommends 3 days, but with other little ones needing attention, it's hard).  now...the long wait until i can poas!

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#126 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Hopeful-thank you for that! I hope you extra high temps are your key to a BFP!!

Junebug-FX that you have sticky embryos!!

AFU-AF showed up and is on one hell of a war path greensad.gif

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#127 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Wow, so much cool news to come back to!

Hopeful, DPO 12 with a high temp?  Sounds promising!!  :D

Pokey, I have the same problem with really inconvenient insem timing... I'm inevitably working during insems (I do 12 hour shifts, 2 days and 2 nights, then 5 off, but the 4 days I work I can't do much else... so insems = 2 hours less sleep, which is bad!).  Why why why must these things always happen?!  Good luck!!!

Amt, that's super curious that you never get a positive HPT...  well, fingers crossed you make it to your blood work without AF and that it's something exciting!

Junebug, congrats on the embryo transfer!!!!  I always laugh when the advice is "rest and relaxation" when there are toddlers involved.  I hope you can get some R&R so the little zygote can implant!  

Angela, we have a box of POAS tests under the sink.  It's almost like a security blanket when you're TTC.

Update: well, DW is now DPO 8.  She says that she "feels pregnant because I feel like shit".  HAHAHA.  I'll take her word on it...  as for me, my gut feeling is another BFN but I'm keeping that to myself.  But I also have this deep seated feeling like this is TOO easy now.  All three of us just got over ourselves and this whole process this month and it just... clicked.  9 rounds in.  Jeeze we're slow to get on the train...  Her temps are ALL over the place this round, she's still temping but we're not really using them.  I'm pretty sure I O'd the other day, so some of her "possible pregnancy symptoms" I also get as part of my cycle too (i.e., the ability to smell EVERYTHING), so I just kibosh all of them. 

Fuzzy embryo thoughts to everyone!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#128 of 349 Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 PM

Hey everyone...

well today I got to learn how to give myself a shot in the stomach.. THAT was the highlight of my day.. that and more blood work.. but my veins were super uncoperative and took the lab tech a while to get a vein that would work.. sigh .. why does my body HAVE to be difficult??? So I started the progesterone to make AF come.. then the fun starts.. I get to go for daily blood work once I start the injections and an u/s daily  or every other day.. also no traveling ( not that i plan to) and if we dont get preg this cycle... RE is making me take a break.. says its not good for the body with this high dose of meds to do every month.. that part bummed me out :(

So now I am waiting for AF, then Waiting to O..

2 friends of ours ( both queer couples) are ( well were) on my same cycle.. we all insemmed at same time last month.. and should have been this month.. they both insemmed today.. I am having a little pity party.. because they both have a child already.. so I am pretty sure one or maybe both will get pregnant... ughh i hate this feeling .. i cant be happy right now  for either of them :( I hope this feeling passes soon!!!!

HI to everyone else :)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#129 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 AM

NoRes... I was also called Missy for the first 15 ish yrs of my life..my mom still tries to call me by it.. some of our older family members still do.. I just saw this post and had to comment on it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

salut gals!  i'm sorry to make ya'll worry, but i'm *really, really* touched that you did. blowkiss.gif   

amt -- hey, girl!  it's really funny that you teasingly called me "missy" in that last post, because i was called that for about the first 19 years of my life.  now only family and a few friends from my childhood can get away with it.   it's great that they've found something that will keep your DP "healthy", as you said.   she has MS, no?  i'm sorry that the meds make her sick, but at the same time, i imagine she'd rather be ill every few weeks and still be able to walk when she hits middle-age.  give her a big hug from me, and tell her i'm rooting for her.  so are you at 8 or 9dpo now?  are you having any symptoms?  i saw that you're not testing (i don't either, anymore), but i hope that you *have to* this month and that, when you do, you get that other bit of good news you're hoping for.  fingersx.gif

cananny -- i'm so sorry to hear about that BFN.  did AF ever show up?  what's the plan for next time?  *hugs*

rs11 -- yeah, the needles suck big time.  i've actually gotten to the point where i *almost* don't mind anymore....almost.  i have a pen-thingy, which makes it a lot easier, but i still occasionally hesitate at the hard part, and when i do, i end up hurting myself and giving myself little bruises.  from what i understand, bravelle is a urofollitropin, one of the gonadotropins that's extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women.  (who volunteers for that job???)  follistim, on the other hand, is a recombinant FSH that is made using chinese hamster ovary cells.... a small (but significant!) step up from rat urine, imo.  i read a research paper that said the urofollitropins have better success rates, but i can't seem to find it now.  i hope that's the case with you this month.   i absolutely *love* that you've chosen a red-headed donor this month.  i know that a few years ago they were turning gingers away from clinics on this side of the pond, but hopefully that has changed.  what a ridiculous prejudice....    i'm really sorry to hear about the depression....clomid does that to me big time, so i can relate.   how is your DP feeling today, btw?  i'm sending lots of positive thoughts her way.  please look after yourself, too.  these heavy hormones we're taking can screw with your emotions and your head, and on top of that you're dealing with all the stress from what your DP is going through.   in any case, i've got all my digits crossed that that super irish sperm will make march lucky for you. shamrocksmile.gif

outdoorsy -- hey chica....thanks for asking after me, and i'm sorry to make you worry!  i'll explain more about why i've been silent after i finish all the personals.  i wanted to tell you how lovely i thought your post about feeling grateful in the TWW was.  you are so right....we are lucky to have this time where we can hope and dream that all the bs we have to go through will result in a BFP  and a sticky bean.  and i saw the little shout out to me and DP in that...it made me tear up and i had to read what you wrote to DP so she would understand why i was getting emotional.  how's your temp now, and what dpo are you?  how are you feeling about this time in general?  still hopeful, i hope.  you know i have my fingers crossed big time for you.

invitn --  i love the button, but your reason for putting it up/on ....not so much.  blah and boo to that ugly witch.  i really hope this is the last month you have to wear that thing for a good long while.  *big hugs* to you, and i hope the movie and pizza helped ease the disappointment and pain a little bit.

allison -- how cool that your dad is over here!  is he in paris?  if he is (and if he's still here), i can give him some suggestions on yummy places to eat.... then again, he might already know this town.  i have to say that i'm sorry we won't be able to start a new religion based around you and your lesbo-immaculate conception.  i was looking forward to designing the perfect symbol that could later be turned into altar pieces, necklaces and bumper stickers. oh well....   WOOT for the well-timed insemination, though, and welcome to the tww(t)!  may it be the last one you and your DP have to endure for a while (amen).  

mrs² -- sorry to hear about AF and the migraine.  did the coffee help at all?  i'd kill for a cafe au lait right now.  were you taking 150mgs of clomid last time around, too?  how did it affect your lining?  (sorry if i've asked this before...)  what are they looking for at the follicle scan on cd3?  i'm supposed to get one at the very beginning of my next cycle to check for cysts.  it seems like it's going to be awfully, um... messy shake.gif.  i hope yours goes well.  

angela -- yay for the insem! i'm glad to hear you didn't have to recharge that tank or send the swimmers back.  welcome back to the joys of the tww(t)! (you feeling any symptoms yet?)

junebug -- weclome!

okay, i know i have missed a bunch of people, but it's super late here, and my brain cells are starting to complain.  forgive me if i missed you!  thanks to everyone for caring enough to ask how and where i am.  it's been a long week....  DP started clomid right after we got back from belgium, and several days of emotional turmoil ensued.  i've honestly never seen her like that, and it put a strain on both of us.  i guess it doesn't help that i've been taking the wonderf*&kingfabulous "spooge pills" (aka vaginal progesterone) for the past week.  ugh.....   i also went back to teaching this week, and i'm still trying to readjust.  in any case, DP and i both seem to be doing better since yesterday, but things were really tense and upsetting for a while, and i just didn't have emotional energy to post.  now she finally gets why i was always such a weepy mess on clomid, and now i get why she loathes the spooge pills.  fun with hormones!  DP has a follicle scan tomorrow, and i'm reallly really hoping that she has at least one big, juicy one so that she can trigger and we can go back to belgium on saturday.  if not, i might not be able to go with her guilty.gif.  what else..... i'm at 7dpo and not feeling anything in particular (except for the side effects of the spooge pills).  my hopes are very much parked in neutral at the moment even if i'd love to finally get a bfp.  if AF doesn't show up by next thursday, i'll probably test just so i can stop taking the dagnasty progesterone.  i'll definitely try to post more regularly from now on. 

baby dust and good wishes to everyone goodvibes.gif

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#130 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

salut gals!  i'm sorry to make ya'll worry, but i'm *really, really* touched that you did. blowkiss.gif   

amt -- hey, girl!  it's really funny that you teasingly called me "missy" in that last post, because i was called that for about the first 19 years of my life.  now only family and a few friends from my childhood can get away with it.   it's great that they've found something that will keep your DP "healthy", as you said.   she has MS, no?  i'm sorry that the meds make her sick, but at the same time, i imagine she'd rather be ill every few weeks and still be able to walk when she hits middle-age.  give her a big hug from me, and tell her i'm rooting for her.  so are you at 8 or 9dpo now?  are you having any symptoms?  i saw that you're not testing (i don't either, anymore), but i hope that you *have to* this month and that, when you do, you get that other bit of good news you're hoping for.  fingersx.gif

cananny -- i'm so sorry to hear about that BFN.  did AF ever show up?  what's the plan for next time?  *hugs*

rs11 -- yeah, the needles suck big time.  i've actually gotten to the point where i *almost* don't mind anymore....almost.  i have a pen-thingy, which makes it a lot easier, but i still occasionally hesitate at the hard part, and when i do, i end up hurting myself and giving myself little bruises.  from what i understand, bravelle is a urofollitropin, one of the gonadotropins that's extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women.  (who volunteers for that job???)  follistim, on the other hand, is a recombinant FSH that is made using chinese hamster ovary cells.... a small (but significant!) step up from rat urine, imo.  i read a research paper that said the urofollitropins have better success rates, but i can't seem to find it now.  i hope that's the case with you this month.   i absolutely *love* that you've chosen a red-headed donor this month.  i know that a few years ago they were turning gingers away from clinics on this side of the pond, but hopefully that has changed.  what a ridiculous prejudice....    i'm really sorry to hear about the depression....clomid does that to me big time, so i can relate.   how is your DP feeling today, btw?  i'm sending lots of positive thoughts her way.  please look after yourself, too.  these heavy hormones we're taking can screw with your emotions and your head, and on top of that you're dealing with all the stress from what your DP is going through.   in any case, i've got all my digits crossed that that super irish sperm will make march lucky for you. shamrocksmile.gif

outdoorsy -- hey chica....thanks for asking after me, and i'm sorry to make you worry!  i'll explain more about why i've been silent after i finish all the personals.  i wanted to tell you how lovely i thought your post about feeling grateful in the TWW was.  you are so right....we are lucky to have this time where we can hope and dream that all the bs we have to go through will result in a BFP  and a sticky bean.  and i saw the little shout out to me and DP in that...it made me tear up and i had to read what you wrote to DP so she would understand why i was getting emotional.  how's your temp now, and what dpo are you?  how are you feeling about this time in general?  still hopeful, i hope.  you know i have my fingers crossed big time for you.

invitn --  i love the button, but your reason for putting it up/on ....not so much.  blah and boo to that ugly witch.  i really hope this is the last month you have to wear that thing for a good long while.  *big hugs* to you, and i hope the movie and pizza helped ease the disappointment and pain a little bit.

allison -- how cool that your dad is over here!  is he in paris?  if he is (and if he's still here), i can give him some suggestions on yummy places to eat.... then again, he might already know this town.  i have to say that i'm sorry we won't be able to start a new religion based around you and your lesbo-immaculate conception.  i was looking forward to designing the perfect symbol that could later be turned into altar pieces, necklaces and bumper stickers. oh well....   WOOT for the well-timed insemination, though, and welcome to the tww(t)!  may it be the last one you and your DP have to endure for a while (amen).  

mrs² -- sorry to hear about AF and the migraine.  did the coffee help at all?  i'd kill for a cafe au lait right now.  were you taking 150mgs of clomid last time around, too?  how did it affect your lining?  (sorry if i've asked this before...)  what are they looking for at the follicle scan on cd3?  i'm supposed to get one at the very beginning of my next cycle to check for cysts.  it seems like it's going to be awfully, um... messy shake.gif.  i hope yours goes well.  

angela -- yay for the insem! i'm glad to hear you didn't have to recharge that tank or send the swimmers back.  welcome back to the joys of the tww(t)! (you feeling any symptoms yet?)

junebug -- weclome!

okay, i know i have missed a bunch of people, but it's super late here, and my brain cells are starting to complain.  forgive me if i missed you!  thanks to everyone for caring enough to ask how and where i am.  it's been a long week....  DP started clomid right after we got back from belgium, and several days of emotional turmoil ensued.  i've honestly never seen her like that, and it put a strain on both of us.  i guess it doesn't help that i've been taking the wonderf*&kingfabulous "spooge pills" (aka vaginal progesterone) for the past week.  ugh.....   i also went back to teaching this week, and i'm still trying to readjust.  in any case, DP and i both seem to be doing better since yesterday, but things were really tense and upsetting for a while, and i just didn't have emotional energy to post.  now she finally gets why i was always such a weepy mess on clomid, and now i get why she loathes the spooge pills.  fun with hormones!  DP has a follicle scan tomorrow, and i'm reallly really hoping that she has at least one big, juicy one so that she can trigger and we can go back to belgium on saturday.  if not, i might not be able to go with her guilty.gif.  what else..... i'm at 7dpo and not feeling anything in particular (except for the side effects of the spooge pills).  my hopes are very much parked in neutral at the moment even if i'd love to finally get a bfp.  if AF doesn't show up by next thursday, i'll probably test just so i can stop taking the dagnasty progesterone.  i'll definitely try to post more regularly from now on. 

baby dust and good wishes to everyone goodvibes.gif

#131 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM

so i guess DP and i will be making at least one more trip to belgium.  test today at 15dpo was a BFN.  

the trip to belgium yesterday was lovely as always.  the sperm count for DP was 44mill, and she started having intense ovulation pains about 2 hours after the insemination.  i hope we get some good news in two weeks.  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#132 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 04:55 PM

hi ladies!

sorry to hear about AF and the BFNsgreensad.gif

Good luck to everyone in the TWWdust.gif

AFU- We are now 14 dpo. We tested on 9dpo and got a BFN and we tested today at 14dpo with a FRER and we got a BFP! and we are over the moon! IMG_20120315_101312.jpg

we welcomed our babyboy.gif on 11/18/12joy.gif

#133 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM

wooohoooo skyandtru!!! what a wonderful turn of events! I'm so happy for you and your partner!

carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gifcarrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#134 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM

BEAUTIFUL line, skyandtru - congratulations!!!!!!!!

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#135 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 PM

Skyandtru~ Congratulations....

jumpers.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif

carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gifcarrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif

carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif

carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif  broc1.gif  banana.gif jumpers.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#136 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM

Angela: I hope you aren't locked in your bathroom peeing on sticks! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Hopeful: What happened with testing today? You seem to have a lot of "disturbed" temps this cycle - could that be why they seem higher than usual?

junebug: Congrats on a successful transfer. Enjoy the rest!

Amt: Ugh for a hellish AF. Sorry to hear it :(

Cananny: I'm sorry you have to take a break but I would imagine your body would do well to have a break from lots of meds. I hope the break is the ticket!

nosreves: Sorry about the BFN. Good luck to DP. I forget - how many times have you and DP tried?

Sky! Congratulations!!! Happy and health 9 months to you!! joy.gif

Afm: I'm still spotting. I think my body is really trying to O because of the cm pattern I've been tracking. It REALLY wants to be pregnant I guess.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#137 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM

nosreves-Sorry about the BFN.  I hope you get some good news with your DP.  That's funny how your cycles are so different.  We have the same issue, and my wife always thinks it's so weird because she thought we would sync up.

skyandtru--Congratulations!  I hope everything continues to go well!

banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Carmen--I hope your body gets back on track soon so you can try again!

This is the first BFP I've gotten to celebrate since I joined this group.  I'll have to work on my veggie parade.

#138 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Junebug: I hope they stick! Fingers crossed!

Amt: I so sorry about AF. I hope next month is your month. How many times have you tried?

Hopeful: What's your testing plan?

Allison: This cycle sounds really positive! I hope it works for you!

Cananny: DW had to give me the shots; I couldn't do it. Just be aware that some of the medications BURN when they're going in; the Bravelle just got worse every night. Between the needle and the medication, I was ready to cry by the end of it.

Nos: *Hugs* I'm sorry about the BRN. I wish there was something I could do!

Sky: Yay! Congratulations! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

AFM:  I'm 4 days PO now. No odd symptoms, but I'm still having nausea from the trigger shot. I'm also having bad side effects from the progesterone. Major depression issues. I'm afraid I'm going to be *really* let down if this cycle doesn't work with those good follicles and that high sperm count. We've got one, possibly two, more tries left, and then what are we supposed to do?

Mother to one dd .
#139 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM

Sky-Congrats to you and DP!!

Nos(missy)-So sorry about the BFN! Stay positive it will work!!

Rs-This cycle will be lucky number 11 out of 14 months. Wow puting it like that makes me want to just go to bed and cry....

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#140 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM

CONGRATS, SKY!!!!!  Wonderful news! Wishing you a healthy and sticky bean!

carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif    carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif 

carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  broc1.gif    carrot.gif  broc1.gif   carrot.gif  broc1.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#141 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM

SkyandTru- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Carmen- What do you mean by "disturbed" temps? I am sorry that you are still spotting. I hope your body gets on the right track soon.

Nos- Sorry about your BFN. It sounds like your DP had perfect timing and yay for such a high sperm count.

Allison- I hope your DP is right and that she is pregnant!!! Good Luck. Remind me, do you guys wait it out or test?

Amt- Sorry about AF. 

Rs- My fingers are crossed for you guys.

AFM- Another BFN at 13 DPO yesterday morning and I didn't test this morning. My temps are still high but I am pretty sure AF is on her way, even though I haven't had any cramping or spotting or any other signs of her. If she doesn't come today then I will test tomorrow. I hope I can find out for sure either way because we are going to visit some friends this weekend and I would love to "welcome" AF with a few glasses of wine while I am with them if she does come. I am feeling ready to move forward and see about our next steps. I made an appt. for DW and I to meet with RE this Tuesday.

I wish you all a very happy, sunny weekend. flowersforyou.gif

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#142 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM

Congrats, SkyandTru! Happy and healthy nine months to you!

I tested this morning at 9 DPO. This was the day I got my BFP when I was pregnant with DD. Today, negative.:( I know it's really early, but I don't feel pregnant, and I'm pretty sure this cycle is a bust. I'm consoling myself by making an appointment with the fertility clinic for our next try. I think I want to let someone else be in charge next time. And, we only have three vials of sperm left (we had bought a bunch with DD, so even though we swapped donors, we had credit for the sperm), so I want to try and get pregnant before we burn through all that and have to start buying new vials. Is it reasonable to move to a clomid cycle now? I feel like I probably could get pregnant if we kept trying on our own, but I just want to move this process along, preferably before we need to start coming up with the $$$ for more sperm. (My insurance will pay for IUIs and meds, but not for the sperm, so that's part of the equation too...)

Hope everyone's feeling okay today.

#143 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 PM

ACK, there is no way I can keep up with this thread--it does make me feel good that my DD is no longer a tiny minority as a child of two moms :)

SO, I'll try to keep up with whatever is the last page whenever I have the minute to look!  It looks like someone had a BFP!! YAY!

Hopeful and Angela, we also decided that working with the fertility clinic was most expedient for us.  We are going that route again this time, it just seems to work for us to put it in someone else's hands to a certain extent.

AFU--My second post partum cycle did not seem to have an ovulation (according to VERY regular OPK testing)--but the third one did! So I am waiting now to see if AF shows up in one more week indicating a more or less normal luteal phase.  If the timing of the next cycle works out we will have a U/S when the OPK turns positive and possibly an insemination.  Otherwise we will wait til the next cycle.  I haven't been temping because I don't think I ever sleep for 4 hours.  However, at 15m appointment for DD today, she has a pretty good ear infection and is now on her first ever antibiotic--perhaps we will all sleep a little better in a few days!

#144 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Angela, totally ok to move to Clomid!  On our first cycle with the clinic (after months of KD at-home tries), the doc asked if we wanted to do natural or have some help. At $1500 / mth for sperm, we said, help please! After low dose Clomid and trigger shot, we had a BFP!  :)

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#145 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandylez View Post

Angela, totally ok to move to Clomid!  On our first cycle with the clinic (after months of KD at-home tries), the doc asked if we wanted to do natural or have some help. At $1500 / mth for sperm, we said, help please! After low dose Clomid and trigger shot, we had a BFP!  :)

Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to hear.:)

#146 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Woohoo!!!  Congrats SkyandTru!!!!  broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Angela: sorry to hear it looks like a bust for you.  Good luck with the Clomid!  :)

Hopeful: sorry to hear it looks like another round is up for you guys.  :(  As for my DW, she is now able to hold herself back to start on DPO 10.  :)

AFU: So, today is DPO 10, and BFN.  I'm not surprised.  My gut says that it's another BFN, but I've become INCREDIBLY pessimistic this cycle as the days have worn on, so maybe I'm just being a grumpy old married lady?  ROTFLMAO.gifMy only concern is that DW threw her back out the other day and so she HAD to take something for the pain.  I hate this, this is the SECOND TIME where I was massively hopeful we'd get our BFP and DW throws herself into some kind of health crisis (December it was the overwhelming post-christmas abdominal pain, messy leftovers from having her gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago).  WHY WHY WHY can't we just have a cycle where I'm happy and hopeful and DON'T have to make a choice between treating my wife to reduce pain and potentially totally gorking a tiny embryo.  Or preventing implantation.  This is NOT helping me keep my stress under control.  

So if it's gonna be a BFN for us, she'll start spotting today or tomorrow.  Her temps are totally wonky, but did dip today. I am displeased, but have already given up.  DW is a little more hopeful than me, although this morning she said she was going to be extra sad if this cycle doesn't work.  God help us, I have to go back to work on Sunday and it's very difficult to leave your sobbing wife at home so that you can go and earn money to keep trying...  woohoooooooo.  

End bitter grumpy rant.  :)

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#147 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM

YAY for the BFP! 

FX for the TWW-ers. 

Hopeful - I hope you're totally wrong about AF, but I hope you have some wine on hand "just in case." 

Nos - so sorry to hear this cycle wasn't your month. With all the traveling you're doing for your treatment, it must be taking a toll on you. I hope you're doing well. 

Angela - If clomid can up your chances and you can afford it/your insurance will cover it, I don't see the virtues of going without. The side effects are annoying, but for most people they aren't debilitating. I know there are some people who get OHSS or respond really badly physically, but have you taken it before? Besides which, 9DPO is too early to be discouraged for this cycle.

Wow, I have been so out of the loop the last week or two. Whoops. I'm currently twiddling my thumbs at CD 10. That time between when the clomid ends and the follicle scans start is such dead air time. I have been scheduling a lot of acupuncture and visualizing a whole lot of healthy giant follicles. Because I am a hippie, apparently. This TTC process is helping me learn so much about my hippie self. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#148 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

The two words of the day are "irritable" and "moody." I HATE progesterone supplements!

Mother to one dd .
#149 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM

congrats skyandtru

jumpers.gifjumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif

broc1.gifbroc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif broc1.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif  

carrot.gifcarrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif carrot.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#150 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM

I just checked in to see how everyone is doing.

nosreves, I'm so sorry about the BFN. With the travel you have to do, you deserve to get pregnant fast! And your emotional rollercoaster must be fast and furious, what with DP in a TWW. Best to you!!!

Allison, I'm sorry to hear about your 10DPO BFN, and I'm holding out hope you just need a few more days.

skyandtru -- a whole-hearted congratulations to you! Have a great pregnancy and a fun time getting ready for your lo!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

If we look at last year's graduates, someone got pregnant every month, and four in March. Who will be next? I don't know, but I know it will be someone. Good luck, everybody.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page