Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone...

Sorry Ive been MIA.. lots of stuff going on not related to TTC ( housemate stuff grr)...

I wanted to send hugs to everyone who got BFN. NoRes, Angela, JuneBug ( if i missed anyone i am sorry)

Inv.. I am sorry about the donor.. we too were using a donor that way ( fresh shipped but cooled) but trying to get the goods on time was always an issue for us.. so we decided to go with the bank and it is a lot of money each month... but we know for sure i will have sperm when I need it .. We still have our fresh donor as a back up  ( in case we are broke, or its on a weekend)

AFM.. Still no AF.. she is hiding out.. went for an intense accupuncture on Thursday it was good but intense for sure! Then i got off table and threw my back out.. could not even stand up.. it was horrible.. Luckily  I was at the accupuncture office and she treated me in the waiting room.. then blessed me by not allowing me to pay for any of the treatments! Luckily the treatment worked and really set in how much accupuncture works!!! I wish I could afford to go more often...  I am also on the progesterone and still no AF.... waiting.. waiting...waiting.. I am hopeful to insem at some point in the near future!!

Hi to everyone else!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#182 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 02:11 PM

krista, thanks for the sweet words happytears.gif& thanks to everyone else also.  

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#183 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 02:42 PM

wishin&hoping - I also believe in the good luck power of major inconvenience! Let's start planning winter get-aways !!! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#184 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Allison- I hear you on the Christmas baby. Although if the next cylce works our EDD would be around Dec. 25th. This last one would have been Nov. 23... a Thanksgiving baby :) I thought it would be really lovely to be pregnant with that due date since DWs bday is Nov. 20 and she will be 30... When we first started to plan this she said she really wanted to have a baby before 30. Also I had visions of birthing a baby on DWs bday since my dad and sister share a birthday as do my grandma and great-grandma. Oh well, maybe baby #2 will want to share his/her momma's birthday!! How is it all going  for you and your DP?? She is what 13 DPO now?? Any POAS happening in your house yet?

Carmen- I am sorry you are still spotting. What did your RE have to say about it?

Nos- Thanks for the hugs for AF and now I am sending some right back your way. Good for you for taking your health into your own hands and just going with what feels right for you. I'm glad you enjoyed that bottle of wine (I enjoyed a few drinks this weekend myself) but I am sorry this journey has been so long for you. Like you said to Carmen, you have only done 2 IUIs so far so don't give up hope. This will happen for you. Like Deserts mom says, keep your chin to the sunshine. hug2.gif

Amt- Good for you for having a nice time this weekend. I think it is super important to be able to relax and bend the rules while TTC. 

Invitn- grouphug.gif Dont worry about "tainting this thread with negative energy." IMO, this should be a place where you can come and get support and be able to talk about the things that are going on with TTC. We are here for the good and the bad. I hope you are on your way out of your woe-is-me pit and on your way to a "visionary momma-to-be." 

Junebug-hug2.gif I am so sorry it didn't work out this time. 

Wishin- I don't have any experience with scan but one on day 17 sounds like it would be fine to me given her history. Good Luck

Angela- Sorry about AF showing up.

Krista- I saw in your signature that you are moving to IVF... When is that happening? Good luck to you.

Pokey- Sounds like wonderful timing. Good Luck!

Mrs2- Hopefully all of that poor timing will result in a perfect BFP for you. I also feel bad for December babies and have tossed around the idea of skipping this cycle due to that but I dont think I actually want to do that. After all if our kid does decide to come then, than we can just blame it on them! We can say, well we invited you to come earlier and really wanted you to but you just insisted on being born on/around christmas! Haha.

Cananny- I am sorry about your back being out. I hear you on acupuncture. I love the place I go to and they are beyond affordable. It is a community acupuncturist so she treats several people at a time. There are about 6 chairs in a large circle in this meditation like room and she treats a new patient about every 15 minutes. After the needles are in you stay there for 45-60ish minutes. I tend to fall asleep. I love it. The way she does it allows her to see 4 people in an hour and so she charges a lot less ($15-$35!!) I wonder if they have something like that in your area.

Happy First Day of Spring to all of you!flowersforyou.gif

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#185 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 PM

One other thing that I forgot to ask about... (TMI ALERT) My period started on Saturday and it hasn't been like a regular period. It has been a lot lighter than normal and has been really dark blood. In fact the blood has been dark brown and not really red at all. It has been more than spotting but not heavy by any means. This is something that is really unusual for me and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this while TTC. Is this normal for other women or is it something that I should talk to my doctor about?

Thanks in advanced for your help!!!

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.

#186 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM

Sorry for the lack of personals! I finally was sent for another hcg and other blood work today. My hcg is not down to zero yet so that's likely why I'm still having bleeding/clots. Ugh. I'll likely have to fit in an u/s in the next 2 days but I have NO idea when I can make it as I'm crazy busy at work. We leave for Vegas on Sunday. I guess I shouldn't have left this until the last minute. I'm feeling very disappointed with my body. I know it know how to do this but for some reason it's being difficult. *sigh*

I'll be back for personals tomorrow!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#187 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 PM

HI! Can you please add my wife and I to the list? My wife and I inseminated this evening at 5pm and we are sooo excited!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#188 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Carmen: Good luck with the u/s. If you decide to take the clomid or another oral drug, your risk of twins will only be 10%, and the chance of triplets will only be something like 0.2%. One in ten is not negligible, but it's nothing to sneeze at. The drugs I'm on give me a 1 in 3 chance of multiples!

Cananny: Are you STILL taking the progesterone? If so, that's probably why there's no AF. You're not supposed to bleed until your progesterone levels drop.

Krista: I saw that you're moving on to IVF. Good luck!

Mrs2: I hope the poor timing works for you. If we had gotten pregnant in January, I would have been due around my DW's brother's wedding -5 hours away in Asheville, NC.

Hopeful: I would mention it. It might not be anything, but since you're ttc, every little thing could be important.

AFM: I'm 9 DPO. AF is due on Sunday; she probably won't show up thanks to the progesterone supplements, and if she doesn't, we've decided to POAS Sunday night. Last night I dreamed that I took an HPT and it turned positive before I even stopped the test, so to speak. So then I dreamed about babies -and woke up crying. Sigh. We want this so bad; we're pouring so much time and money into this, we've put so much else on hold, and I'm desperately afraid it's not going to work.

Mother to one dd .
#189 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 06:05 AM

cananny - ouch! sounds like a painful dismount from the acupuncturist's table! (though, what a convenient place to be when you need work on your back!)  hope AF shows for you soon!

carmen - sending a  hug2.gif   hope you enjoy your time in vegas and are able to get-away mentally, too.

sotohana - good luck to you! is this your first insem?

rs - i think the dream is a good sign.  i'll have my fingers crossed for you Sunday

mrs - i think the inconvenience of it all bodes well too, those are the cycles that end up working, not the "perfect" ones we anticipate working! sounds like you have two beautiful follicles ready and waiting!

pokey - fingers crossed for you!  loved the story, made me giggle!

angela - crazy news to learn about your donor; though fortunate to have found out now.  i hope your efforts to find another donor are smooth.

well ladies, afu, i have to apologize for my theatrics and pity party yesterday ... this morning (at 7dp5dt) we got a bfp!  i am so, so deeply grateful - we really didn't have the resources for another round of ivf.  i hope ya'll won't mind if i hang out here for a bit longer, i'd like to see each of you get your bfps too!

#190 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM

Junebug.... Incredibly wonderful news!!!!!  So happy for you!!!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

broc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#191 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM

Yay for Junebug!!!!

This seriously made my morning!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#192 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

omg junebug!!! congrats! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#193 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Congratulations Junebug!  I know you had a lot of hopes pinned on that little embryo and I'm so glad it's working out.  I'm glad my story gave you a giggle.  I'm sure you needed it yesterday.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and happy.

banana.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifjammin.gif   

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#194 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM

Junebug YAY!!!  That is so exciting!!!  Here's a Pregnant Belly parade for ya!

belly.gifbelly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif belly.gif

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#195 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM

Mrs2 I will OV anytime from Saturday - Tuesday and do 1 insem.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#196 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 AM

mtnlisa--Good luck!  I hope your cycle returns to normal soon so you can start trying for the next one soon.

Allison--So sorry about the BFN!  It is hard to keep your hopes up after being unsuccessful.  I understand.  You're sad for a while and then you start looking to the future again.  Your baby is out there somewhere waiting for you.

invitn--I'm so sorry about all the crap you had to go through!  It's stressful enough trying to get pregnant without all the added scheduling issues.  We do not have easy roads to hoe.  I hope you find a great new donor who has super sperm that gets you pregnant right away!  I also understand about your feelings with your sister.  That is tough.  Your babies could still be close together.  Don't give up!

Hopeful--Good luck on your new cycle!  I would ask about that because it could mean something different happened in your last cycle. 

gellybeangrl--Good luck with your u/s.  I hope your embabies are happy and healthy and ready to go!

Angela and Carmen--Good luck with the Clomid if you decide to go that route.  When I first started trying I thought I could do everything naturally but my progesterone was low, and my RE suggested Clomid to help with that.  I didn't feel like I had any time or money to waste on trying to raise it without meds so I tried it.  I'm not sure if it's worked yet, but I didn't have any side effects.  I was worried because of the experiences other people have, but I felt fine.  Angela--I'm sorry about your BFN and your donor, but it's good to know your bank is that conscientious.  I hope you find a great new donor!

nosreves--Sorry about AF!  I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved cry and wine.  I agree with the other folks on here.  It is definitely too early to give up hope!  I hope you enjoy yoga and acupuncture.  I love them.  I haven't been to yoga for a while, and I need to get back into it.  You scooter sounds awesome!  That's a great way to get around in Europe.

wishin'&hopin'--Those follies sound promising!  Good luck to you and DP!

esenbee--I hope you are growing a great follicle/egg that will become your baby as you are waiting to O.

Krista--It looks like you are moving on to IVF next month.  I wish you all the best!

mrsandmrs--All that acupuncture sounds pretty awesome and so relaxing!  Enjoy.  Those follicles sounds fantastic!  Good luck!  I agree with the others.  Maybe what seem like crappy circumstances can be the best.  It does seem like kind of a bummer to have Christmas birthday, but whatchagonnado?

Cananny--I'm sorry AF is still hiding out.  I hope she comes soon so you can move forward.  I'm also sorry about your back.  That sucks so much when that happens, but I'm glad you were able to get the super-helpful and free acupuncture. 

Sotohana--Welcome to you and your wife!  Good luck!  Tell us more about yourselves.

Welcome.gif

rs11--My fingers are crossed for you!  Sounds like a good dream.  I understand the time and money committment you put into this is so tough but try not to be too hard on yourself.  I have faith that things will work out for you one way or another. 

AFM-- I had a lovely acupuncture session yesterday afternoon, and the midwife came over for the second IUI before bedtime.  She said everything looked great and she is very hopeful for us.  I went to sleep and when I woke up in the middle of the night I didn't feel the ovulation sensation anymore so I'm hoping I ovulated during the night and there was a happy union of egg and swimmer.  My birthday is tomorrow and I go to the chiropractor on Friday.  I'm having a very good week.  I hope it's a lucky one.  I'm sending all my best to all of you out there.

#197 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Junebug!! Awesome news!! Congratulations joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#198 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM

Wow, these boards have been active this week! Is everyone else on spring break too?

Junebug: Congratulations! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifI wish you a healthy nine months!

Sotohana: Welcome! I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

AFM: I need some support, I'm afraid. I'm having lots of depression issues. I'm cramping again a bit today, and DW is convinced that means something bad is happening. (She's terrified of another cycle like last month.) I keep telling her that I'm still days away from AF and within the implantation window, so it could definitely be a good thing. I also have mild IBS, and the two types of cramps aren't always easy to tease apart. But anyway, I'm really really down about it today.

Mother to one dd .
#199 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 AM

rs11, :hugs I had some TWW depression issues both cycles I got pg! FX that it's for a good reason!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#200 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM

rs11--We all support you!  That is why we are here.  I'm sorry you are feeling yucky and that it is freaking your DW out.  You don't know till you know.  You can drive yourself crazy second-guessing every little thing that happens.  Take a few deep breaths.  Watch a funny movie.  I like "Blades of Glory."  Distraction can be useful at this point.  Also, just take care of yourself, give yourself a little TLC.  I hope you are feeling better soon. 

#201 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM

thanks everyone love.gif

rs - sending you a hug hug2.gif  i second pokey's recommendation for a fun distraction to get your mind off of it for an hour or two.  and fwiw, cramping is a very normal early pregnancy sign too, nothing to worry about. i'm choosing to take it as a positive sign for your cycle!!

#202 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM

Junebug- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifbiggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gif

#203 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Woohoo!  Junebug, congrats on your BFP!!

RS, Sad panda.  :(  I hope you can get some sunshine and start to feel better soon!  Depression sucks ass.  I also feel the same way about pouring everything into TTC.  We ended up making a rather hasty decision and bought a condo, an expensive venture in this part of North America, just to have SOME kind of movement.  We're hoping the move will help.  But I feel for you, I really really really do.  You worded it perfectly.

Cananny, I hope AF comes soon.  Sucks to not get your BFP OR AF.  Augh!  

Hopeful: DW has had similar periods post BFNs where I was all excited she was actually pregnant.  Turns out the stress of TTC just causes more of mind f*** than it already does.  I wouldn't worry about it, you can always POAS and make sure you actually aren't pregnant.  But DWs periods have been whacked in the past (less whacked lately, since we're kinda in the groove).

Carmen: Auugh!  It sounds like your body can't make up it's mind!  Much like the weather (I walked 8 blocks to the bank and needed sunglasses, my umbrella, a toque and mittens... all at different time.  Seriously?!).  Oh, and I saw cherry blossoms!!  Definitely something to smile about.  Vegas will be a nice reprieve from the cold.  :D

Soto: Welcome!!  Good luck with your TTC!  

Pokey: I hope this is it for you!!  Glad all signs point to north!!  :D

Nos: hope everything is working out for you... I'm twitching to see what your DP's POAS result is!!  Probably not as much as you though.  :)  Your counting of "real" vs "fake" insems totally make sense.  I counted ours up, with perfect timing we have 7/9 (we insemed too early our first two rounds).  Why we don't have a tiny zygote yet is unknown to me.

Invit: Well that's exciting that you get to be aunty!  I know it's not as great as Mommy, but getting to hold a newborn tiny human is definitely food for the soul.  DW's BFF had a baby a month ago, and it was lovely to hold him and love him.  Do you live close to your sister?  Will you get to lavish your love on this tiny human?  I hope you get your BFP soon and you your kids can all grow up super close.  :D

Angela: An early AF is the WORST.  DW got her AF two days early last month and it just felt like a wallop.  We went from still hoping to "oh......... clearly not" in the span of 2 minutes.  I hope you recover from it quickly!  :)  Also, bummer about your donor!  Back to the Zellers Catalogue!!

Esen: Gardening is so good for the soul!  There's something so rewarding about growing things when everything else just doesn't seem to want to grow.  They're so predictable, and that feeling of finally seeing the tiny green shoots is pure joy.  :)  Your garden description makes me so envious!  We have to give up our garden as we're moving to a condo (currently renting a house, shared with three roommates).  :D

Krista: my deepest hope for your IVF adventure!  We have so many babies conceived by IVF in our NICU (usually just slightly prem, nothing exciting) and their parents are always my favourite, so easy going and wonderful and love their baby(ies) so so so so so much.  I wish you and DP the very very very best!!!!

Mrs^2: Yay for acupuncture!!  DW goes to acupuncture, and she's even suggested bringing in our KD to do his donation right in the clinic.  HAHAHAHAHA.  Uhhh, no. That would be too weird for me.  And DW also thinks it's weird.  :D

Wishin: if you plan for something that involves a lot of walking, you should be fine.  ;)

AFU: sorry for my 5(!) day disappearance, I've been exhausted thanks to work and homework and packing.  DW is now DPO 15 with no AF in sight.  She's POAS every day and it's been BFN.  Confirmed ovulation on CD 14, we're on CD 29 now.  Usually her AF shows up around CD28-30.  If we have nothing by tomorrow, we'll try to get a blood test done over the weekend.  

She's also sick again with her biliary colic, which causes intense pain.  I'm theorizing that it's related to pregnancyishness, because this happened in December too when we were ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED she was pregnant.  Very frustrating.  We'll give KD one last round in April, which is just as we're moving (but haven't yet moved 45 minutes away), and then we'll probably take a break for a month and recoup our finances (which have all just gone into our new place) and then hit the clinic.  I'm running on the assumption we'll jump straight into clomid + IUI, since we'll have done just under a year of at home insems.  I will be very sad to give up our KD, but I'm sadder to NOT HAVE A BABY.

On the flip side, a friend who has struggled with infertility for YEARS (3.5 years), got her little boy yesterday!!  He's adopted and comes from within their biological family (long story).  She had to travel within Canada to get him, but he's here and she's on her way back home with him!!  So exciting, he's lovely and she's over the moon!  Our laws here say that the birth mom has 30 days to change her mind, after that it's final.  She and I work together and she got the news at work that he was on his way out and she literally HOPPED ABOUT for the rest of our shift (which was another 5 hours) which was adorable.  So, the story has a happy ending.  So excited to meet him!  This is one baby where I'm not grumpy about at ALL, because we were in this miserable TTC mess together for almost a year and ONE OF US had to get a baby before the year was up or it was going to be REALLY depressing.  

Anyways, FX for the rest of you!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#204 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM

hopeful - i tossed around the idea of skipping this cycle too, just because i'm so opposed to december babies! but in the end, i want a baby more than i don't want a december baby, so here we are! TTC can mess up your period - mine has been entirely unlike the AF I have known for the last *mumble*=teen years since we started this process. 

carmen - i hope you get some answers soon so you can move on. do you have to travel to get your ultrasound, or is your schedule super busy? vegas sounds like a nice distraction!

allison -- my fingers are crossed that your bfp is just a little slow to show!

pokey - acupuncture is so good! congrats on your iui's..... any symptoms yet? haha, the maddening tww. happy birthday!!!

rs -- i'm sorry you're feeling down. it's way too early for you to be out of the game, but I know that those kinds of feelings aren't based on logic and reason. anyway, i second the vote for blades of glory. 

AFM : We had our IUI today so pretty please may i be moved to the TWW? but OMG it was so stressful and stupid!! Forgive my ranting but I can't help it! I wanted an afternoon appointment because my wife worked until 1pm. I have a flexible job but she doesn't. the fertility nurse was a major B- to us about scheduling an afternoon appointment - she totally refused even though they are open until 4:30pm on tuesdays, and we had a 2pm appointment last month AND I had my trigger shot at like 10AM and I wanted to put more hours between the shot and the IUI. but the nurse flat out refused because she "likes" to see patients in the morning. -w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r- The next morning, I go in for my iui appointment. I wait for 30 minutes, and then the same B nurse calls me back and says that the lab never got the order to thaw my vial so I can either wait an hour or -- consolation prize -- get the afternoon appointment I wanted. So, it's 30 minutes to drive there from work, I wait for 30 minutes, and I still can't have my iui. I say I want to re-schedule it for the afternoon so my wife can be there. The nurse makes some reference to how the lab guy needs time to wash the sample. I'm like, baffled by this because it's supposed to be an IUI-ready sample? So I question her and she tells me it's an IVF vial. At this point I start to freak out - IVF vials have half as much sperm and cost $250 less than the "iui-ready" sperm I paid for. The nurse tells me she is too busy to figure it out right now and I should come back at 2pm. Wait, didn't I just cancel my 11AM appt? So shouldn't you have some time to figure it out? But I was so upset I just left. I drive (40 minutes) home and freak out about how this cycle isn't going to work because it's an IVF vial, etc, so I call the sperm bank (Fairfax) and tell them what my clinic is telling me - and the lady sounded so sorry and alarmed, she is like, let me call your clinic and confirm this, if it is really IVF we can overnight something ok please hold.... My clinic decides they aren't answering the phone or returning phone messages! the sperm bank is on the east coast, so at 2pm it will be too late to fix the problem. My dear wife gets home from work and I'm basically a train wreck of anger and frustration. She talks me down and we decide the lab guy and the nurse are just incompetent idiots and the vial is probably fine. And spoiler alert, it had 15 million sperm so it wasn't an IVF vial.  So we question the nurse about why the lab guy is washing our iui-ready sperm and she says basically she can't explain it. We ask that either she or the lab guy need to call Fairfax and talk about what was actually in the vial and why they are washing it. I mean, that is not normal, right? I'm concerned that this idiot lab guy is actually ruining my precious sperm! She agrees that they will return the bank's phone calls, but "definitely not today." And let the record reflect that this lab guy kind of actually sucks - we have had 3 iui's with this clinic - once, we had to wait 1.5 hours before he had the sperm ready. the second one, we had to wait 45 minutes. Why do we bother scheduling appointments so we can sit for that long in the f-ing waiting room? I have anger, friends. 

And let me tell you, the highlight of my day was having the world's most condescending fertility nurse see my precious lady bits and impale my cervix! that was so excellent! 

ANYWAY - ONWARDS TO THE TWW. Here's hoping we are so totally pregnant and we don't have to go through this crap again. At least not till the next baby. Also -- if anyone else is ovulating/insemm'ing today, our projected due date is 12/12/12 which is, be honest, totally fabulous. 

#205 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM

oh christ, thank you all for letting me rant that out. i feel 1 x million times better. 

one last thing - has anyone ever gotten insane dry skin on your face from clomid? last month my lips were cracked and bleeding and insanely dry, but i thought i was allergic to this new lipstick. then this month (150mg of clomid) my entire chin is red and dry, and I would like to entirely remove my dry, sandpaper lips. it is driving me CRAZY. 

#206 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Phew! I just got done reading every post in the thread. Sometimes I get weird like that and make myself finish something before I start a new thing. I blame it on my Mom. winky.gif

Thank you for the welcome everyone! My DW and I just inseminated last night- actually MidwifeStephPDX did the insem! I'm glad to see you in here MidwifeSteph and I'm so happy for you and your DP! 

Here's the backstory: DW is 37 and I am 30 (almost typed 29...I guess it hasn't hit me yet!) and we have been together for 3 years and 8 months, but married since October 2010. We live in the beautiful Pacific NW- in Vancouver WA, which is across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. Last year we lived in Seattle because DW had been transferred up there with her job. She got transferred back in August and we moved back in October. While we were up there we were beginning the process of ttc, but not really in earnest. I was reading some books and frustratedly navigating Fertility Friend and blogging (www.twoninas.wordpress.com) infrequently. When we moved back, though, things just seemed like the right timing. Our friends L & E (who just moved to Paris) suggested that we check out a local midwifery practice because they do insems. I didn't know this, but was super jazzed to learn about it b/c I've heard great things about this place. So, in January DW and I scheduled a consult and met with MidwifeSteph to talk about our options. She was so amazingly helpful! She'll remember my obsessive note taking, I'm sure! She told us about mothering.com and also about how to actually go about the process of TTC. After that consult we began tracking (well, DW actually began tracking- she's going first b/c of her age). January and February were weird months. She was tracking her temp, but it was all over the place. Also we tried with me checking her cervical position, but that was super painful for her. Plus she didn't want to track her cm because she didn't want to touch it. So, we mostly took wondfo OPKs beginning in February. Unfortunately the smiley face OPKs didn't smile in February. Still, we decided it made sense to move forward and keep tracking in March. Her CD1 was on March 4th. During this time we also went up to a local hospital and began working with an RE. She insisted on subjecting DW to a battery of tests- AMH, FSH, estradiol.... Her AMH came back low (or is it high?), but FSH and estradiol were totally normal- actually in the excellent range. Because of the AMH test they gave her 100mg of Clomid for CD 3-7. This gave me hope! So, she keeps taking the OPKs and nothing, nothing, nothing...so she goes in for an u/s on CD 11 and they can't find any follicles. She was pretty emotional about this, but we were still trying to hold out hope. As of CD 15 (expected LH surge day) she still hadn't gotten two same colored lines or a smile. I checked in with L and she checked in with her friends who gave us lots of positive feedback about still holding out hope since they all had late surges on Clomid too. Turns out that night after work, DW felt the urge to test again. The lines were almost the same color!!!!! B/c of this I suggested she take the smiley face OPK every two hours after that to try to catch it. At 10:30 that night we got a smile! energy.gifI, of course, jumped around like a kangaroo on steroids and cried. The next morning she took two more smiley face OPKs and they were no longer smiling. Still, the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor said she was at a peak level of fertility. So, calling MidwifeSteph and our dude up at the andrology lab to arrange for pickup of the sample, we set an insem time of 5pm. I left work at noon b/c I couldn't focus worth shit. DW , unfortunately, had a newbie traveling with her all day, so she couldn't leave early, but met me at the clinic. From there we insemmed!!!!

I don't know if you can tell or not (/sarcasm)- I am really excited! At dinner that night DW began feeling some pretty severe cramps on her right side. She also has been feeling super tired and today her boobies began feeling sore. 

It is definitely too soon to know anything, but it feels like super excellent timing to both of us. We were just talking about this earlier and she said she thinks it was controlled by something bigger than us. Also- I forgot to mention that before the insem (I got to push the plunger- yay!) we could tell that her cervix was very soft and open and that it was gushing fertile cm. That's a good sign, right?

So, enough about us! We'll let you know what comes of it :)

Junebug & Skyandtru- We are sooooo happy for you both!!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

xoxo,

Sotohana

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#207 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM

DW just told me that her lips have been feeling dry too and she took 100mg of Clomid this cycle. She used olive oil this morning since she couldn't find her 'i-kissed-a-girl' chapstick. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandmrs View Post

oh christ, thank you all for letting me rant that out. i feel 1 x million times better. 

one last thing - has anyone ever gotten insane dry skin on your face from clomid? last month my lips were cracked and bleeding and insanely dry, but i thought i was allergic to this new lipstick. then this month (150mg of clomid) my entire chin is red and dry, and I would like to entirely remove my dry, sandpaper lips. it is driving me CRAZY. 

#208 of 349 Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 AM

Junebug: I know I said congratulations already, but I just wanted to reiterate that I am so, so happy you got your BFP! Yay for embabies! Grow little babies, grow!

Mrs2: Wow. It sounds like you have a pretty incompetent clinic. I am sorry you're having to put up with that! I hope you don't have to go through this again!

AFM: Thanks, everyone! I'm feeling much better today! I'm not counting this cycle out yet by any means; I was just having a bad day yesterday. I'm 10 DPO now; we're in the homestretch and I am resisting the urge to POAS early just to be sure I get to do so.

Mother to one dd .
#209 of 349 Old 03-22-2012, 06:44 AM

allison - sounds like you have a solid plan for moving forward, but i have my fingers crossed for you still this cycle!  did ya'll test again this morning??

mrs - oh. my. god.  i was getting agitated for you just reading that, i can't imagine how frustrated you were!! can you talk to the doctor about what happened? that kind of patient care is totally unacceptable from the nurse.   ...and yes, 12/12/12 would be an awesome due/birth date!

sotohana - sounds like your timing was spot-on, wishing you lots of luck!!

rs - glad you are feeling a bit better today.  keep resisting that urge to POAS early; after my experience this week, i am now the world's biggest advocate against early testing! it's not worth the heartache.

afu - thanks again to everyone for the congratulations, ya'll are sweet!  we had another bfp on a FRER this morning, but the line didn't darken since yesterday - im trying not to fret over that.   i was hoping it would have been darker though, just to ease my mind.  sigh...i guess there is always something to worry about rolleyes.gif

#210 of 349 Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 AM

Ohemgee! I was so mad for you while reading this! I can't believe they put you through this. No one should have to accept this kind of treatment from a healthcare provider.

You are right, though, 12/12/12 is the best due date ever! We'd be at 12/11/12. Fx for both of us this cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandmrs View Post

hopeful - i tossed around the idea of skipping this cycle too, just because i'm so opposed to december babies! but in the end, i want a baby more than i don't want a december baby, so here we are! TTC can mess up your period - mine has been entirely unlike the AF I have known for the last *mumble*=teen years since we started this process. 

carmen - i hope you get some answers soon so you can move on. do you have to travel to get your ultrasound, or is your schedule super busy? vegas sounds like a nice distraction!

allison -- my fingers are crossed that your bfp is just a little slow to show!

pokey - acupuncture is so good! congrats on your iui's..... any symptoms yet? haha, the maddening tww. happy birthday!!!

rs -- i'm sorry you're feeling down. it's way too early for you to be out of the game, but I know that those kinds of feelings aren't based on logic and reason. anyway, i second the vote for blades of glory. 

AFM : We had our IUI today so pretty please may i be moved to the TWW? but OMG it was so stressful and stupid!! Forgive my ranting but I can't help it! I wanted an afternoon appointment because my wife worked until 1pm. I have a flexible job but she doesn't. the fertility nurse was a major B- to us about scheduling an afternoon appointment - she totally refused even though they are open until 4:30pm on tuesdays, and we had a 2pm appointment last month AND I had my trigger shot at like 10AM and I wanted to put more hours between the shot and the IUI. but the nurse flat out refused because she "likes" to see patients in the morning. -w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r- The next morning, I go in for my iui appointment. I wait for 30 minutes, and then the same B nurse calls me back and says that the lab never got the order to thaw my vial so I can either wait an hour or -- consolation prize -- get the afternoon appointment I wanted. So, it's 30 minutes to drive there from work, I wait for 30 minutes, and I still can't have my iui. I say I want to re-schedule it for the afternoon so my wife can be there. The nurse makes some reference to how the lab guy needs time to wash the sample. I'm like, baffled by this because it's supposed to be an IUI-ready sample? So I question her and she tells me it's an IVF vial. At this point I start to freak out - IVF vials have half as much sperm and cost $250 less than the "iui-ready" sperm I paid for. The nurse tells me she is too busy to figure it out right now and I should come back at 2pm. Wait, didn't I just cancel my 11AM appt? So shouldn't you have some time to figure it out? But I was so upset I just left. I drive (40 minutes) home and freak out about how this cycle isn't going to work because it's an IVF vial, etc, so I call the sperm bank (Fairfax) and tell them what my clinic is telling me - and the lady sounded so sorry and alarmed, she is like, let me call your clinic and confirm this, if it is really IVF we can overnight something ok please hold.... My clinic decides they aren't answering the phone or returning phone messages! the sperm bank is on the east coast, so at 2pm it will be too late to fix the problem. My dear wife gets home from work and I'm basically a train wreck of anger and frustration. She talks me down and we decide the lab guy and the nurse are just incompetent idiots and the vial is probably fine. And spoiler alert, it had 15 million sperm so it wasn't an IVF vial.  So we question the nurse about why the lab guy is washing our iui-ready sperm and she says basically she can't explain it. We ask that either she or the lab guy need to call Fairfax and talk about what was actually in the vial and why they are washing it. I mean, that is not normal, right? I'm concerned that this idiot lab guy is actually ruining my precious sperm! She agrees that they will return the bank's phone calls, but "definitely not today." And let the record reflect that this lab guy kind of actually sucks - we have had 3 iui's with this clinic - once, we had to wait 1.5 hours before he had the sperm ready. the second one, we had to wait 45 minutes. Why do we bother scheduling appointments so we can sit for that long in the f-ing waiting room? I have anger, friends. 

And let me tell you, the highlight of my day was having the world's most condescending fertility nurse see my precious lady bits and impale my cervix! that was so excellent! 

ANYWAY - ONWARDS TO THE TWW. Here's hoping we are so totally pregnant and we don't have to go through this crap again. At least not till the next baby. Also -- if anyone else is ovulating/insemm'ing today, our projected due date is 12/12/12 which is, be honest, totally fabulous. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page