Queer Conceptions March 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO MARCH. May all of you have luck of the Irish shamrocksmile.gif and get a BFP! GOOD LUCK ladies! goodvibes.gif

Waiting to O whistling.gif

* MrsandMrs

*Hopeful22 chartnew.gif

* outdoorsy

* Amt1015

* nos reves

*AngelaM

* Allison Graham

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

* bwilliamson94

*RS11

* Pokeycip

* esenbee2

* Wishin'&hopin'

*Sotohana

* lisedea BFPChart2.gif

Working on IVF ecbaby.gif

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif

Waiting for AF af.gif

* Cananny

MIA/Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready wool.gif

* kgulbransen

* Carmen BFPChart2.gif

* AnnaNotherThing

* TineyDreams

* NAMW
* RainbowValleyMama
* MaxK
* IrishBabies
* AmandaMom
* Glados
* Serepartera (February 2011)
* Miss Scarlett
* Milletpuff
* Chiquitayy
* Lyndzies1
* Want2bePapa
* MeghanC
* Yeledov
* Handerson
* BunnyLullabye
* cnmk14
* Maybeababy
* 2moms3kids
* OwlandTurtle
* jennytuck
* JennP85
* Habitat
* EmandJoHeil
* MrsPP BFPChart2.gif

* Hoping2bemoms

*invitnconceptn

* CarpenterAnt

* Happycalm

* EmilyandCathy

* Alphahen & DP
* FiveGrandBaby

2012 Graduates! babyf.gif

March ** SkyandTru carrot.gif*JuneBugcarrot.gif

February *MidwifeStephPDX banana.gif *SouthernBelle24 banana.gif

January * Planet jammin.gif *Dandylezjammin.gif

2011 Graduates! bellycast.gif

December * DesertSunsets carrot.gif
November * Aljm41910 broc1.gif
October * Vienna79 joy.gif * KSDoulaMama joy.gif *Pleasantlyfurious joy.gif *SwtRainbowBrite joy.gif * Go_Vegan joy.gif
September * Smilingsara carrot.gif * Ad Astra carrot.gif * Mumquest carrot.gif
August *Prettyisa broc1.gif
July * Onemommyonemama joy.gif * Southern Fried Karma BFPChart2.gif joy.gif
June * CrystalPerez broc1.gif* Qmama42 broc1.gif
May * KellySF carrot.gif
April * want2bmumx2 joy.gif * Indigoscot & DP joy.gif
March * Graceie broc1.gif * Seraf broc1.gif* 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Please let me know if you you need to be moved on the list by writing in bold.  May we all have a growful month!!!!! Baby Dust to all!!!

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#3 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hey everyone,

I need to vent. I hope that's okay.

So, both DW and I are particularly devastated this month. You see, I didn't mention it, but we finally got DW back in to see the really good ob/gyn about her problems on Monday. She's got severe PCOS with heavy bleeding. She bled the entire month of January, the last part of December, and the first part of January. She didn't stop bleeding until they gave her some really strong drugs. By that point, she was severely anemic. At the doc's office on Monday they did an ultrasound and found out that her lining is still incredibly thick; about 20 mm. The cyst on her cervix has also grown. She has to go in next week for biopsies of both the cyst and her lining. The worst part is, our doctor, who is VERY good at what she does and just about the only ob/gyn we're willing to trust, sat us down and told us we've almost exhausted our options for dealing with this. She's recommending that DW have endometrial ablation, which will solve the problem, but render her completely unable to have children. We're not willing to go there yet, there's one or two other things we can try, but DW was pretty devastated.

Then yesterday, I got my period. DW is, if anything, more depressed than I am. We both cried lots last night.

We only have two tries left. Possibly one, if we do the injectables.I don't know that we can afford to do that. I've been reading up on them and they're quite expensive. If insurance doesn't cover them, depending on the dose and the drug, they could cost anywhere from $500 to $3000 -a month! We could afford the $500 (once), but nothing more!

If we try this last time or two and it doesn't work, what are we going to do? I suppose we could try again on our own for a few months if we could afford sperm and get a prescription for an ovulation induction drug, but we're not made of money. We both work really hard and we want this so bad. We don't have an extra $20k or more lying around for IVF. As for adoption -we live in Alabama; foster care would never accept us and we'd have to add another twenty thousand to our yearly income to even be considered for a private domestic or international adoption. I'll finish my Master's degree soon; maybe I can get a better job after that, but I don't know. My bachelor's, even though it was in a technical field, certainly didn't do me any good!

Ok, rant off. I'm sorry. This is just hard to deal with, and I have to go work with 2nd graders today.

Baby dust to everyone. I hope March brings lots of BFPs!

Mother to one dd .
#4 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the support, all. Feeling okay about trying again...although I was super excited about not having to spend all of our tax money on another try---ah well...

And thanks for the clean slate, invitn!

rs11--This is the place to vent!!! First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your DW--I am glad you have some options to go over but what terrible news to hear. Thinking about you both!!! hug.gif Why do you feel as though you need injectables? Is this something your RE says would be benefical for you? I really, really get the financial issues (I am a teacher/D is a paramedic student and training for a job as the EMS director--so getting paid very little for now). We started out with Midwest because we could afford them--even though I felt terribly guilty about them being unknown donors and they felt a bit sketchy. After they closed down, we got incredibly depressed looking at the costs of every other bank because they are SO HIGH!!! After researching (mostly looking into banks that other people on the board were using--thanks Seraf and Sara!) we figured out a plan that would work for us. Because of cost, we might not be able to try every single month but we just take everything step by step. We wait until we are able to afford a month before trying--and take months off to save up. We now have extra costs to deal with with plane flights and IUIs at the clinic...so it really is a balancing act. Sometimes it makes me completely panic but D calms me down (she might be a bit more rational than I..smile.gif). I wish we had a KD option....but don't so we will just continue what we are doing!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#5 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 AM

Krista, Esenbee and Allison- Thank you all so much for you advice about my friends pregnancy. All of your words really helped me. After I read your post, Krista my friend told me how sorry she was that this happened to her and not to me and I told her what you said about winning the baby lottery and I think it helped her too. I think she was feeling really guilty because she knows how much DW and I want this. I am sure it will be hard over the next few months as I watch someone close to me get to do all the things that I really want but for right now I am ok. I know the perfect little person is coming for us just waiting to join our family. We just have to be patient and wait until the timing is right and the right egg meets the right sperm and when they come we will have all the love in the world for them and they will know how badly we wanted them and how much they were loved before they were even here. (Thanks for that Allison)

Lise- I am so very sorry for what you and DP are going through. Maybe the surgery has actually made it easier for you to get pregnant and next time you will have a healthy little egg that will turn into a healthy little baby.

Rs- I am also sorry fo you for what you and DW are going through. I think Lise made some good points about taking some months off to save up and try again if need be. Im sorry I dont know anything about injectibles so I cant really help you there. Besides helping with timing, what else do injectibles do? (Sorry for my naive question)

MrsandMrs, Cananny, esenbee2, invitnconceptn, outdoorsy, bwilliamson94 and Amt1015- Good luck to you all in your TWWs. I hope you all have a stress free two weeks that brings lots of BFPs to March! fingersx.gif

bwilliamson- I dont know if I ever welcomed you so Welcome! How is the TWW treating you?

Allison- I didnt realize our cycles were so close. We are inseminating on Friday so it looks like you and I are cycle buddies! Good luck to you and DW.

AFM- Like I said above, it looks like Friday will be O day so we are getting all ready again. Last night, I had my first acupuncture experience and it was great! I found a really wonderful place and the woman happens to be queer! Her and her DP went through all this and now have a really beautiful 8 month old boy! She recommended that I come back the day before O so I am going back tomorrow. I am hoping that at the very least it will help with reducing stress around TTC, which has been my main focus this cycle.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#6 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM

Rs11-Oh no! I am soo sorry about DW and AF! I can feel your pain just a lil bit. My DW was told when she was younger that she will not be able to get pregnant and if she were to that she wouldn't be able to carry it to term and live. They also told her that she will most likely be begging for a hysterectomy by the time she turns 30. She is now about 6 months from 30 and refusing to have a hysterectomy, she just deals with all the pain and AF every 2 wks for 10 days at a time.

Invitn- Thank you for the shiney new thread! May the thread keepers luck strike you! Lets hope this donor is the answer to both of our prayers and bring us donor siblings biggrinbounce.gif

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#7 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 AM

thanks for the shiny new thread, invitn!  i'm sorry that i don't have the energy for personals right now..... i slept about 2 hours last night and then got up at 4:45am for our drive to the land of waffles and pissing statues.  my cervix was very open last night for the KD insem and again today for the IUI, and i had really strong O pains from about 2 hours before the IUI until about 4 hours after.  i think we finally nailed the timing.  invitin: could you move me to Waiting to Know?

bisous to all of you gals and personals tomorrow. blowkiss.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#8 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Nos-WOW! Here is to perfect timing! May your TWW fly by with a BFP at the end!! This also makes us cycle buddies

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#9 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM

Hi everyone!

Now that there's a shiny new thread, I thought I'd step in and join. I used to hang out alot here, but have pretty absent the past year or so- new job, active child, very busy life.

My DP is trans (FTM), and we have a 3 and a half year old, who I carried. We are about to start trying for another child- our sperm arrives on Saturday from TSBC! When I was TTC before, I did IUIs at home, and had a friend who was a nursing student do them. This time, we were set to work with a doctor, but found out last week that the clinic we were set up to work with doesn't take our insurance. We are very lucky to have some other coverage options (though I don't know how queer friendly any of them are), but it's too late to get in for this cycle. So, I think we're going to try an IUI at home this time, and then switch over to the new clinic if it doesn't work out. I'm 35, and am open to a little bit of medical intervention, though I'd prefer to conceive without meds (which I did before). I really loved the experience of making a baby at home, so I'm hopeful that it will work out for us this time too.

Anyway, that's me. Could I please be added to waiting to O? Thanks!

Looking forward to journeying with you all.

Angela

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#10 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Lise: I am so sorry about your m/c and I'm so glad you're trying again. I hope this next round works for you!

Hopeful: Good luck on Friday! I hope this is it for you.

Nosreves: It seems like you did the nail the timing. I really hope it works for you this month. The land of waffles sounds awesome, lol.

Angela: Welcome!

AFM: I'll try to answer the questions. Hopeful, injectables are ovulation-induction drugs that are much more powerful than the pills like clomid, tamoxifen, etc. Some of them are stronger than others; the strongest are used for IVF. Lise, yes, the RE wants me to use them this month to see if we'll get a better response. I'm ovulating right now on the tamoxifen, but with the PCOS I may not be ovulating good eggs. The more follicles I make, the better the chance I'll make a good egg, and the injectables will make me produce more follicles. We might take a few months off to save up after we run out of money, but I don't ovulate on my own very often and the chances are higher if we try back to back as many times as possible. Also, our RE will only do 6 IUIs (barring extenuating circumstances) on any one patient.

Mother to one dd .
#11 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Wow, it's only leap day and March is already jumping!  This is my birthday month, so it is my favorite, and a birthday baby would be a great gift. We took a break this month, but it is almost over and I am eager to get started for the next month.

rs11-I'm sorry you've had such a rough week!  Having to deal with health issues and money issues is very stressful.  I hope you and DW can do a little relaxing to ease the stress as you continue on your journey.

Invitn-Thank you for being the captain of this ship for March.

lisedea- Sorry again, but I hope your positive attitude makes this month go smoothly as you get back on the roller coaster.

Hopeful- Good luck this week!  Enjoy your acupuncture.  I love going.  It's so relaxing.  And I have seen improvements in my lining and CM.  I totally understand about being kind of upset with your friend.  I'm glad she realized you might be bummed.  After a particularly disappointing cycle when I really thought it had worked, I found out acquaintances of ours had had their baby, someone else I know had a baby (I didn't know she was pregnant), and another couple we know is pregnant.  I'm happy for them all, but it's hard to see other people doing what we want so much to do.

nosreves- Your timing does sound great!  Good luck!  I hope the wait goes by quickly and smoothly.

Angela- Welcome back and good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#12 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM

Hi there! I'm excited to see a shiny new thread and one that I could actually be a part of! This month is the official beginning of our TTC journey!! My first RE appointment is March 8th and hopefully we'll be able to insem this month!!! *fingers crossed* :-)

#13 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Evening, everyone. Thanks for the new thread, invitn! Looks like I might be here in time to get on the first page, unless my post kicks me over to page 2.

rs11 -- I'm so sorry for what you and DW are going through. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, between the financial pressure, the meds, and everything that is happening to DW. I hope your luck turns around, and soon! grouphug.gif Group hug.

Hopeful - I didn't get to chime in earlier about your situation with your friend, but I liked what Krista said about the baby lottery. The only thing I can add is that you and your friend actually have something very much in common -- that your fertility isn't going how you wanted it to, and that's a painful thing in anyone's life. I hope your de-stressing goes well.

Nos - Hooray for a great set of insems! If you get pregnant, are you going to wonder which sperm did the trick? (since KD and the IUI are not the same guy, right?)

Angela and AmandaAnn - welcome!

AFM - Still near the start of my TWW. I had another temp rise this morning of several tenths -- high enough that I can't imagine it being higher tomorrow, but hopefully it will be the same or only drop a hair. Today was my third temp rise since suspected O day, so I'm happy about that. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep my expectations low. That's pretty much all to report. Good wishes to everyone else in the TWW.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#14 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Nos: how exciting that your timing was perfect!!!That is the best feeling. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight and have sweet dreams about the potential of miracle happening right now in your womb. 

RS: So sorry to hear about what you and DW are going through. My heart goes out to your DW and what she (and you) must of been going through when she heard the recommendation from a doctor you both respect. It is interesting that your doctor will only do 6 IUIs, if you did two in a cycle that would be only 3 cycles of trying. Is there medical research that your doctor is citing to justify limiting it to 6 IUIs. I don't mean to question a doctor that you and DW both like. I have simply learned I have needed to educate myself when it has come to questioning my RE's beliefs and policies. 

Random thought: Have you ever talked with a naturapath about CoQ10 to help with egg quality? I know some people swear by it.

Amt: I hope the tww is being too torturous for you. I know that our mutual donor has had lots of success with donating. He let me know that he just got a couple pregnant at the beginning of Feb...so  wishing you good lots of good vibes for a union between your egg and his sperm. 

Hopeful: here is a link my friend sent me after I had a very startling call from someone who I thought was my friend but had never told me that she and DW had been trying and she was 2 months pregnant. Because of her sneakiness and absolute unsympathetic attitude towards me for not being so much thru the roof for her and her DW , it was the last straw for an already disintegrating friendship. Overall, I've learned alot about myself and about my friendships when friends have gotten pregnant. Another friend, who sounds like your friend, has been so incredibly sensitive about sharing info about her pregnancy with me bc she doesn't want to trigger me. Since I see her kindness, I'm so much more relaxed about her being pregnant than I ever thought I would be. This friend who has been so kind actually sent me the following link while she was still trying a few months back:  http://www.bustedplumbing.com/2009/10/how-to-avoid-punching-your-pregnant.html . I love this blogger, she is hilarious and touches on some of the thoughts that Krista shared. rewarded.jpg

I loved the photo my friend sent me too. I think it is helpful reminder for all of us. Because it is so true...

Angela: I don't think we have met. Welcome back. Good luck to you and your DP for baby #2. 

AFM: So I think I might be a week past ovulation. I'm day 20. And I haven't had really any symptoms besides a crampy twinges every now and then. I'm so busy at work this week. It is not hard to get distracted through my tww. I am experiencing one thing that is strange. For the first time ever during the tww, I'm breaking out with acne. I typically have a little acne around my period but this is ridiculous. I'm getting haunting images of myself at age 13 when I look in the mirror...perhaps the acne is a side effect of progesterone. I have been on progesterone now for 4 cycles and I have never gotten acne. Hmm...Anyway time for bed.

Have a great thursday everyone! 

#15 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

AmandaAnn: Hello and welcome. Let me know when you are ready and I will put you in the waiting to O category. 

#16 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I don't think I've "met" most of you, though I "know" lots of folks on the pregnant/parenting thread. We seem to have taken a bit longer to get to #2 than everyone who was ttc and pregnant with us the first time- they've all moved on already!

Nos, I will join the crowd and say that timing sounds great! Congratulations, and fingers crossed.

Hopeful, I'm really sorry that you're dealing with a painful situation. When I was ttc-ing the first time, had miscarried once, and felt like I'd never get pregnant, it was really hard for me to deal with straight acquaintances who accidentally got knocked up. After I finally did get pregnant, one of my friends (also queer, who had started ttc at the same time) continued to struggle with infertility. I remember, after she had a negative IVF cycle, getting an email from her about not being able to attend my baby shower. It was helpful for me to have experienced some of those emotions and feelings myself- I understood some of what she was going through, and was able to give her space and support without taking it personally. I guess all of this is to say that if there is a bright side to pain, it's that it gives us compassion later on. I know, not really a substitute for a baby, but...

We're busy gathering the materials to do our IUI at home. It's fun- sort of like planning for a science project.:)

Question: is anyone else not temping? I did it for almost a year my first go round, and it made me CRAZY. I decided to try not doing it this time around, though I'm still checking other fertility signs and using OPKs. I'm trying to find a balance between being observant, gathering information, trusting my body...and not getting obsessive. Am I crazy for NOT temping?

Happy Thursday to everyone!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#17 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Angela - If you have very regular cycles and are certain you're ovulating, opks may be enough. I ditched temping for a while at the midwife's suggestion, relying on opks, but when it became clear that my cycle was questionable, I had to start temping again to get that extra layer of information.

AFM - Temp was down two tenths today, but still well above coverline. I'm calling this 4 "DPI" (that's days post insem, in recognition of the fact that there's some question about whether I ovulated this month).

Nos, how goes the early part of your TWW?

#18 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM

Hopeful: I'm really sorry about the troubles your having with your friend's pregnancy. We've been there several times lately; I understand the feelings you're having! I like the idea of it not being the "baby lottery."

Amanda: Good luck with the RE. I hope he or she is queer-friendly and that you get to insem this month.

Outdoorsy: Some variation in temp is normal; unless it goes below the coverline, I wouldn't worry about it.

Angela: I'm one of the rare birds who doesn't temp on a regular basis. I used to, but it never seemed to help that much with my crazy cycles. Also, remember that your temp will only rise after you ovulate, so it's not very good for confirming ovulation.

AFM: First, I'll answer invitin's question. The RE does 6 cycles of IUI, not 6 insems. I should have been more clear. And yes, there are reasons for it. That count resets of course if you get pregnant and miscarry or come back to have a second child. First, it's not good for you to take the medications for longer than six months without taking a break. Second, and more importantly, your chances of success are almost non-existent after so many rounds. IUI's have a success rate of 77% over four cycles for women under 35; by the time you've gone through six cycles, the success rate rises to about 90%. Each additional cycle beyond six has something like a 2% chance of success. Some RE's will let women do 10 or 12 or even more IUIs as long as the patient is able and willing to pay for it. That's unethical, at best. By the time most women have been through 6 IUI's, they've invested about as much as a single round of IVF, and if IUIs haven't worked, that's where they need to go.

We went to see our RE this morning. I love our doctor and the nurses. They are very supporting and compassionate. The RE himself is very thorough and systematic. They did say that the mid-cycle spotting may have been implantation bleeding and it may have failed to implant properly. They also said that it will probably show up in my bloodwork, so we'll see. I was back at baseline, so we should be ready to stat trying again. The plan for this month is combo injectables with pills instead of just injectables. The RE doesn't like to switch patients over entirely at once; as I said, he's very systematic. He also knows just how much these drugs cost. Try $290 for 5 doses at 75 IUs each. Luckily, I only need 5 doses -and we didn't have to pay for them! They had samples in-house, and the nurse gave them to us! She also gave us a pamphlet for a pharmacy we can order from next month if we need to. So, for the next 5 nights I'm going to be taking pills plus a shot every night. Fingers crossed that this month is the one!

Mother to one dd .
#19 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM

hopeful: I'm glad you liked acupuncture. I started it while TTC DD and I have been going ever since. I love it and it helps heaps with reducing stress and just keeping everything balanced. Are you insem'ing as I type or will you wait until tomorrow?

Hi Angela :) Nice to see you officially in the TTC sphere again! I am still a temping machine. I also got a CBFM digital fancy thing this time around and it's amazing at taking even more guess work out of when I'll O. I'm very regular in terms of O'ing but I still like seeing the temperature rise to confirm it. It makes me feel in control some how...even though I know I'm not anywhere close to being in control of this ;) I hope beginner's luck finds you.

Welcome Amanda!

outdoorsy: Yay for high temps.

invitn: Thanks for new thread. And your symptoms sound promising. Crampy twinges are definitely a first symptom for me!

rs: It sounds like you have care providers you really trust and that's so important. I hope this is your month too. I was sorry to read what your DP is going through. Hugs to her. I know you've probably exhausted all treatments but has she ever tried acupuncture or chinese medicine or any other alternative treatments? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but if she's into trying and hasn't already, acupuncture and TCM can really help with PCOS.

Afm: I'm home sick today because my lower back completely went out last night :( It's not a new problem but it doesn't happen to this extent very often at all. I couldn't walk on my own last night and could barely move around this morning. *sigh* However, I rested all morning with ice and heat (DP was off work and took DD to daycare thank goodness) and it's a bit better now. I managed to get out with DP to buy a cleanse kit, some new vitamins and some herbs to make a red clover/stinging nettle infusion. I'm excited to start the cleanse. I was going to start today but then a friend reminded me that I'm going out on Saturday night with some friends for dinner and drinks and a cleanse would put a huge damper on the festivities lol So, I'll start Sunday. I'm getting pumped about trying in April now!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#20 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM

rs -- i am so, so sorry to hear about all the crap you have had to deal with this week.  AF showing up really sucks, and what your DP is going through sounds just horrible.  i hope her biopsies come back completely negative.  i also think that carmen's suggestion about TCM and acupuncture are really good ones.  with age and experience, i've lost a lot of my faith in western medicine.  it's definitely worth it to explore other options before taking any drastic steps.  whatever happens, please keep us updated.  you know we'll all be sending your DP and you positive vibes next week.  i've read a lot of positive things about combined cycles, and i myself did one last month because we couldn't get the follistim until five days after i was supposed to have started it.  is that what you're taking with the tamoxifen?  when i did clomid and two days of follistim together, i had two big, juicy follicles when i triggered (unfortunately, one was on the side where i have a blocked tube).  in any case, yay for free samples and low-price pharmacies.  i hope it happens for you this month!

pokeycip -- glad to see you're back on the rollercoaster with us!  i hope you get that birthday BFP!

lise -- *hugs*

hopeful -- i didn't get to respond before about your friend's pregnancy, but i'm glad the other gals chimed in with their wisdom.  i think a lot of us have been there and understand how sh*tty it is to have someone close to us who doesn't even want kids get pregnant accidentally.  for me it was my younger brother and his horrible gf, and i found out on my birthday last year... it made me feel sick at the time, and it took me a long time to get over.  my DP still has a hard time with co-workers and friends who have their "oops" pregnancies, but i keep repeating what krista says about it not being a baby lottery.  anyway, i hope you find some peace with it all.  good luck with the insem tomorrow, btw!!  it looks like we'll be going through this tww(t) together!

amt -- thanks, cycle buddy!  wouldn't it be so cool if we got our BFPs at the same time?  what dpo are you at now and when do you plan on testing?  with all the health stuff she's gone through, i really feel for your DP, but damn is she a strong woman.  *hugs* to both of you, and here's to pos.gif in two weeks!

angelam -- welcome back!  i've seen you around the forums before and was suprised and pleased to see your name in this room.  here's hoping that it's a very short stay!  i don't think you're crazy to not temp if you know your body and cycles well.  before i got put on all these super fun meds (/sarcasm), i was checking CM and cervical position/texture, temping and using the CBFM like carmen.  now the drugs make those things unreliable and unnecessary, and i can't say that i miss waking up early every day to pee in a cup and take my temp.  you've already won this crazy game once before, so i imagine you know what you're doing.  besides, i think temping sometimes adds more unneeded stress to the process. are you using the same donor this time around?

amanda -- Welcome.gif and bienvenue.  i hope your RE appointment goes well next thursday. are you going to be doing IUIs? tell us more about yourself and your DP!

outdoorsy --  we are totally going to wonder if it was the KD or the FUD (frozen unknown donor), but we both think we'll be able to tell if it's our lovely KD.  if the kid is tall, blond, has light eyes and looks vaguegly viking-esque, we'll assume it was the FUD. i'd love for it to work with KD, but as i've said before, at this point, we just want a LO.  how far into the tww(t) are you?  it definitely sounds like you O'd if your temp has been up for three days.  are you on FF by any chance so that we could chart stalk you?  how's the waterbed treating you these days?  

invitn -- thanks for the good wishes.  i slept like a rock for about 11 hours, and boy did i need it.  the crampy twinges sound promising, as does the acne (even if it's not a very fun symptom).  you mentioned being on progesterone.  what's your dose and how often do you take it?  fingersx.gif that you have the luck o' the threadkeeper!

carmen --  you sound so well and so positive....  that surely bodes well for april.  i'm so happy that you're joining us again instead of giving up.  

afm...  belgium was wonderful, as always.  for the first time, one of the other two docs did the insem, and if anything, she was even nicer than lovely doc #1.  i convinced her to start DP on clomid this month and to give me vaginal progesterone instead of an hcg booster.  she seemed so surprised that i didn't have a problem with putting the capsules up my hoo-hoo/woo-woo.  as i mentioned before, the insemination itself was much easier than the last time and (i think) very well-timed.  afterwards, we went and had our vegetarian fast food...which in belgium means fresh-baked, whole grain buns, a massive salad with homemade dressing and a choice of veggie "burgers".  everything there is  fresh, organic and fair trade and the utensils and dishes are either reusable or biodegradable.... i wish the french were as evolved as their neighbors (in more ways than one).  dessert was, of course, hot waffles.  we've decided that if we have to travel 8-9 hours twice a month, we're going to enjoy the hell out of the experience.   

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#21 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 PM

Nos, I'm totally pumped for your TWW!!  Sounds so good!  

RS, we're pretty sure we had a cycle like that in December.  Only time yet I've cried over a BFN.  :P

Welcome and welcome back to all the peeps!  tiphat.gif

Carmen: I hope DD enjoyed the snow we got.  I had to get to work for 6:45am in it.  FUN.  PS, I was just up at Camp Olave a couple of weekends ago!  I don't know where on the Sunshine Coast you are, but I sent you "hello!" vibes!  :)

Well... definitely not pregnant and my body is TOTALLY whacked out.  I was hoping it wasn't PCOS, but if I'm being realistic with myself, I know that it's true.  Oh well, hopefully my ND can sort me out...  We're starting to pack to move, so that's always a really good stress reducer (hahaha).  I have *SUPER* cute babies I'm looking after at work though, and they're not insanely sick, so I'm getting baby cuddles.  Plus DW's BFF's son is so insanely cute. I will post the picture of his smiling in his sleep when I actually bother to turn the wifi on so my photo stream can sync up with my phone...

Anyways, another 5:30am morning, off to bed!!  sleepytime.gif

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#22 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM

invitin: Thanks for the new thread!

Angela: Welcome.gif and good luck!

AFM: We did our first at home insem on Sunday. So that puts me at 5 DPO. I never realized how stressful the TWW would be! I'm over analyzing every little thing that my body does. I've been crampy, my acid reflux (which I've always had a problem with) has been acting up more than normal, and my boobs are tender! I'm pretty sure that if I was pregnant, I wouldn't be having any of those symptoms yet. And every time I mention something about it to DP she says "maybe it worked!". I feel like we're both a little too hopeful for our first try.

Next Friday we're leaving for a cruise to Mexico. I can't decide if I'm going to take a pregnancy test or not. I'm supposed to get AF while we're on the cruise. What a bummer would that be? Maybe I should take a pregnancy test so I won't be so surprised by/disappointed if AF does show up...

#23 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 AM

TGIF, my ttc friends!

Allison, so sorry to hear your cycle is whacked. I know that tune. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Carmen, I'm glad to see you are in good spirits and pumped for April.

bwilliamson, we are the same DPO! (though I am calling mine "DPI" this month - see earlier post). For me, a negative preg test leads to about 24 hours of depression, so you should consider that when deciding when to test. I like to avoid a possible too-early negative by waiting a while to test. That way if it's negative, you know it's for real. Good luck

We had half an inch of snow on the ground this morning, but it's still the second-least snowy year on record here in New England. My temp was down seven-hundredths -- not a big deal. Still above cover. I feel very slight boob tenderness (when pressing firmly), which is normal at this point in my cycle whether I'm pregnant or not, so it doesn't mean much. With someone else talking about a twinge in the uterus, I sort of thought I might be feeling that, or it could be all in my head. I'm trying to ignore any so-called "symptoms" so I don't get my hopes up too high or obsess more than I already do.

#24 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM

I clicked on the Q&P board by mistake. Someone posted a 13 week pregnancy belly photo. That was supposed to be me. I'm crying and devastated. Sometimes this journey isn't worth all the pain.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#25 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Angela- Welcome Back!!! Good luck with your upcoming insem. Is your profile pic. of your DD? She is so cute!! Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your friends fertility struggles. You are right about gaining compassion through this experience. Also, I agree with Carmen about temping. It helps me to feel like I have more control over the situation but if it made you crazy and you feel like you can trust your body then don't do it. You've gotta do what works for you.

Pokey- Thank you or the kind words about my friend. Where are you at right now in your cycle? When do you expect to O?

Welcome to QC- Amanda! Tell us more about your family. Will this be your first LO? I hope you get some good first timers luck!!

Outdoorsy- Thank you so much for what you said about both my friends and my fertility not going they way either of us want. It really helped me to take a look at it from another point of view. A third day of temp. rises is awesome. That may just confirm O for you! I sure hope thats what it means.I wouldn't worry too much about the small drops in temp. you have had. Does it make you crazy that your thermometer shows the hundreths? Mine only shows the tenths, which I am sure is plenty for me. For some reason that 4th number makes my brain hurt. dizzy.gif

Invitn- Thank you for sharing that photo and blog with me. I really loved what she had to say in it. She is so right, just because my friend is pregnant it doesn't mean anything to my fertility. She didn't take my chance or steal the last baby on he shelf or win the baby lottery. Thank you for helping me realize these things. I am glad you are able to be distracted through your TWW. My fingers are crossed for you. Also, could you move me to the TWW?

Rs- I remember you saying about your RE only doing 6 IUIs awhile ago and they way you've explained it makes a lot of sense. I wonder though if it is adding a lot of extra stress and pressure to what sounds like an already stressful situation? I'm sure that if there is stress it doesn't make TTC any easier. I hope it doesn't add too much for you and that you won't have to worry about what to do if #6 doesn't work because you'll be pregnant by then. fingersx.gif

Carmen- We did our insem this morning! Thanks for asking. I agree that acupuncture can help with stress and keeping things in balance. I went again last night and felt the most relaxed that I have felt in a really long time. It was wonderful. I am sorry that your back is giving you problems. I hope you are feeling better today.

Nos- Hey there cycle buddy! Your trip to Belgium sounds wonderful and delicious! I am so glad that you and your DP enjoy the heck out of it when you go. Belgium just sounds so lovely. I wish the US was as evolved as they sound. My fingers are crossed for you this cycle.

Allison- Yay for super cute babies to care for! Remind me, where are you guys at in your cycle right now?

B- I understand exactly what you mean about over anaylizing every thing and being too hopeful your first time. But being postive is good. After all, you bring about what you think about right?!?! Have fun on your cruise! I hope it is nice and relaxing for you. Good luck this cylce!

AFM- We are in the wait again. We did our insem this morning and it seemed to go well. I am now just hoping that the next two weeks goes by smoothly and that I can keep my calm demeanor and not get all obsessive. Also, I wanted to again say Thank you to all of you for your helpful words about my friends pregnancy. I feel like, even though I am still processing, I am doing much better with it. We had another talk about it this morning and I told her that while I support her and love her and want to be there for her, I may have hard days and not be able to hear too much about her pregnancy. She was really understanding (as she always is.) I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life and am so thankful for all of you for helping me process all of this. So again, THANK YOU!

Who is next to end their TWW? My veggies are itching to dance! broc1.gif

( P.S. Desert- If you are still around, or anyone who has been able to look at the sperm under the microscope, what magnification did you use? I work at a doctors office so I took a small bit on a slide to work and put it under the microscope with all sorts of different levels but I didn't know what I was looking for so I couldn't really see anything. Any help would be appreciated!)

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.

#26 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM

Cross post--

Krista- I am so very sorry for what you are going through. I wish I had words that could help you and take all the pain away. hug2.gif

#27 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Krista--Oh I know...the talk of the babies turning 6 months in February was hard for me. greensad.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#28 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM

welcome and welcome back, everyone! Angela, I have seen your name around the boards for so long, it's exciting to bump into you on the ttc rollercoaster. 

This post has made me feel better about my friends who are pregnant or have been recently. I think about the "baby lottery" a lot, and how each of our chances are random, unrelated rolls of the dice. It helps me deal with my feelings, although I'm not far from perfect in that regard. ahem. Also, I'm suddenly desperately in need of a trip to Belgium? 

RS - That is a lot of stress piled up on top of stress! This fertility crap sure brings up a lot of hard stuff - feelings about the body, fertility, money - and it hardly seems fair to have health struggles with your DP on top of it. I really hope this cycle goes better for you, and that doctor finds some better news for your DP soon. 

Krista - sorry for what you're going through. that sounds so hard. 

AFM - These HCG trigger shot symptoms are intense but fortunately they kicked in later than last cycle so I've suffered less this time around I'm currently 10 dpo and I'm planning to POAS monday. My clinic scheduled a blood test for wednesday, but I will probably know already by then. I am trying to stay busy so I don't obsess over symptoms and talk myself into unrealistic corners, you know. 

I temped for about 3 years (we have been planning this baby for a f-ing long time... which is why I have such a hard time when my friends get pregnant. If we were lucky with fertility, our kid would be in pre-school by now. ugh, I hate thinking about that.). I struggled with basal thermometers that seemed to work only erratically and totally insane temp patterns. Finally I gave up because it wasn't telling me anything useful - my ovulation was erratic and irregular and there was no way we could get knocked up "diy." Let's just say that Fertility Friend is lucky it's a website and I can't punch it, because I would have really injured it at some point in the last 4 years. Since we've been going to the fertility clinic, though, I've sort of fallen back into the habit of temping, though. Since I AM ovulating on the drugs, the temp data is more useful. Like, 10 DPO and my temp is still up above my cover line - that's so nice, thank you FF! So, right now it feels worth a little bit of the frustration and mania of temping. At least, that's how I feel right now. I might throw my thermometer out the window tomorrow. I'm an irrational possibly-pregnant lady, watch out! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#29 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Nosreves - I used FF for the first time this month, and I'm still learning it. I would be happy to have you FF stalk me! Do I have to create a public chart or something? It seems like people haven't been able to see it. As for the waterbed, it doesn't seem to affect my temps. I'm just waiting for the day when I'm so big with child I can't climb out of it. Then we'll have to move to the spare bedroom, and I'll get to sleep in a normal bed for a while. Then I'll probably miss the H2O bed!

Krista - I'm so sorry. I would be devastated, too.

Hopeful - Until this month, I used a regular thermometer with just the tenths. I actually love the hundredths because it makes me feel like I'm battling my crazy cycles with a bigger weapon! Enjoy (ha ha) the TWW!

MrsandMrs - good luck with the POAS!

#30 of 349 Old 03-02-2012, 11:57 AM

nos: Mmmm your belgium feast sounds delish :)

Allison: I will be on the Sunshine Coast for my DP's birthday in April (we go every year) but I live in Vancouver - west side. Maybe you are mixing me up with someone else? Not that I wouldn't mind living on the Sunshine Coast sometimes ;) Good luck with your move!

bwilliamson: Congrats on your first TWW! I actually find the time leading up to O to be the most stressful. But the 2WW isn't a bundle of fun either. I would totally take a test to Mexico if I was you!

I'm sorry, Krista. I would have been due this month if my first  pregnancy this time around had stuck. And I would have been telling people about this last pregnancy this week as well. It's hard. But I can assure you, it's absolutely worth it. When my DD was very young...I was often in awe of what a precious, precious gift she was. It makes it that much sweeter. Really. You'll get there. Big hugs to you.

Hopeful: Glad the insem went well!

Afm: I finally got in to see my chiropractor today. I'm not feeling much better - still can't walk well but I'm feeling more confident there is an end to the pain just around the corner! The show DP is working on is on a mini hiatus because the lead actor is sick so she's been home all week - perfect timing! Her and DD went to swimming class today and I'm going to get comfy on the couch with a heating pad again and watch something on netflix.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page