Queer Conceptions April 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 266 Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!

Drive-by posting just to say that AF arrived this morning, which means that I have to cancel my DC trip in order to get my CD 10 ultrasound. I'm feeling really bad about this, not just because I wanted to go, but also because I hate saying that I'll do something and then changing my plans. Feeling very torn about everything, and missing my best friend a lot, so  feeling sad that I won't get to see him.:( I'm also just missing the northeast, and my people in general. We've been in the south for nine months now, and I love my job and our house and our new friends, but I miss my old ones. Badly. Sorry. I don't know why I'm feeling so disappointed about this. And, what a crappy way to go into a cycle.

In any case, Cananny, could you please move me to waiting to O? Thanks!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#182 of 266 Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM

Carmen -- HUGS! any amount of messing with hormones is stressful!

texa -- re-welcome--what is going on with you and DP now?  Which RE practice do you see in Denver? I would be happy to talk about our experience with ours (in Denver).

Angela-- sorry about your timing...its so hard to be pulled in multiple directions!

afu--still resisting testing, feeling less pregnant, but still getting more starving than usual.  Life just became much busier as I stepped in to provide care for another 1 year old during the day for the next five weeks while her mommy works.  My DD is actually loving it and almost couldn't take a nap she was having so much fun with another toddler in the house.  I will def test on Saturday if no AF by then.  Wishing I had time to do all the acupuncture, stress relief, navel-gazing, etc that I did before getting pregnant with DD, but also trusting that everything is working out perfectly.

#183 of 266 Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mrs^2- Thank you so so much for the advice on shopping around to find the best price on an HSG! Thanks to you I found a place in my area that does it for about $235! The place our RE recommended was going to charge our insurance $680 or something or would charge us $500 if we didn't run it through the insurance. So even at the lower price you still saved me over 50% and I am thrillled!!! So THANK YOU! Its crazy that when you said before you were taking a break until June I thought it was so far away but really you are only taking a month off right? I hope this is all exactly what you need to get your LO! Plus, with just having your HSG, you will be extra fertile in June! fingersx.gif

Nos- Maybe you are proof that an HSG can make you more fertile for a few months after?! I am so excited for you and your DP. Is she still in her TWW? How is early pregnancy treating you?

Darth- That is really weird about your DPs temps. My RE did say to me the other day that temps could be delayed after ovulation although I have never heard that before he said it. Whatever the case I hope her signs return to normal next month if you have to do it again, but more than that I hope that you DONT have to do it again!

Carmen- I totally mean what you say about doing things when they feel right. It doesn't have to scientific there is a lot to be said about listening to your intuition. Congrats to you and your DD for winning the photo contest! That is exciting. Do you get a good prize? Also, I'm ready for you to be pregnant again too. winky.gif

Angela-  Of course when you don't want AF she comes early and when you do she shows late. I hope it all works out so you can visit your BFF. My BFF lives a few hours away so I know how important that time is and how much it sucks not to see her all the time. I hope it is all worth it for you when you get your BFP.

Krista- Thank you so much for your advice regarding the HSG. Your opinions are always so valued! I hope you are well. 

Mtn- 8 DPO now, right?! My fingers are crossed for you for testing on Sunday! I am sure everything is working out exactly as it should even though you don't have the time to do the acupuncture and other things you did before. Fx!

Cananny- Its sad that your DP couldn't be at the IUI that brought you your babe(s)! I'm sorry that it was so painful for you but yay for your totally open cervix!

Lise- I hope this boring part of the TWW speeds by so that you can get your BFP. 

Outdoorsy- I hope you get the answers that you are looking for soon. It makes sense that the clinic wouldn't want to do medicalized treatments until you've done a few cycles with them, but it be so frustrating to me if I didn't even know for sure that I was ovulating. You must be very patient to have not had any tests or anything done yet. 

Texa- Welcome Back! We'd love to hear more about you and your family!

AFM- Thank you all so much for chiming in about the HSG. I found a place that charges much less for the HSG (see above) and so I am scheduled for that on Friday. After that we will be just waiting for a smiley and then going in for an IUI. 

Question: The RE's office told me to test with OPKs only 1x a day with the second morning urine. Has anyone heard of this before or know why I would want the second urine of the day?

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#184 of 266 Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 PM

So I'll get to personals on my next post, I'm dead tired and it's almost midnight here but I have a question and some potentially bad news.

So KD got his count and morphology done, after much begging, his count and motility were excellent, but we finally got his morphology back today, and 100% of his swimmers are abnormal. 100 fricken percent. Which means they swim well, and there's lots of them, but they're all mutant sperm. This explains why we're not pregnant (I think). DW is DEVASTaTED that we've now wasted an entire YEAR. I'm just shocked. I'm also freaked out because we're still in the TWW, and I work with all the one-in-a-million babies with genetic mutations or chromosomal deletions that are so rare they don't even have names... So of course I desperately want AF to come now...

Anyways, I'm glad we're distracted by our new place so that I can't rage about it to myself for too long.

It just makes me very very sad that we've been wasting so much time... And resources.

Anyways, good luck to all!!!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#185 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 AM

Angela: I'm sorry you have to cancel your trip - it sounds like it was really important to you. I hope a bfp is yours this month as a consolation prize hug2.gif

mtnlisa: Good for you for holding out! It's definitely different this time around in terms of time spent thinking about ttc...however, I still manage to obsess a fair amount winky.gif

hopeful: Good luck at your hsg! I hope it goes smoothly for you. I believe you shouldn't use fmu because typically LH builds up during the morning. I would test twice a day unless you know when you normally surge. I catch my surge around 1pm-ish. Sometimes in the morning but I did both morning (around 10am) and afternoon (around 2pm) for awhile just to make sure. I also use the CBFM now, where you actually do use fmu, and it's awesome. Expensive, but awesome. (I won an amazon gift card and a supporter membership at MDC for the photo contest :) )

darth: Wow, that is shocking! 100%?? That is crazy. I'm so sorry you've wasted so much time. Not to be more of a downer but if motility and count are ok wouldn't you still be able to get pregnant but just likely not keep the pregnancy? What an amazing disappointment hug2.gif

Afm: 6DPO. Still crampy. Nothing else exciting going on.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#186 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Hopeful: when doing OPKs, you want to use non concentrated urine in order to get the best reading. In the morning, your urine is more concentrated since you haven't peed in awhile so the idea is to wait and do it about 10am when your urine is less concentrated. I still highly recommend peeing on a stick twice a day. The idea is to have approx 12 hours in between. When you pee on a stick only once every 24 hours, you could actually lose the window in which you get the LH surge. That's how quickly it can come and go. I'm not sure why they would have told you otherwise (unless they are using their standard practice of the "average" woman which in their mind she surges within 24 hours and you'll catch it with just one pee on a stick!)

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#187 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Tuna Queen - I'm so sorry.  That is a huge bummer!  You did spend so much energy and resources trying.  Ugghh!  I hope you and DP can come up with a new plan and find a new donor with healthy swimmers.  hug2.gif

Nos - I'm excited to be cycle buddies with your DP.  That would be so crazy if she got pregnant this month too!  I understand your stress about doing another wait and hoping everything will be ok.  I used to think if I could just get pregnant everything would be fine, but now I know it's not that simple.  I am taking the progesterone vaginally, but the pill they gave me can also be taken orally it seems.  I was expecting it to look different.  They gave me 100mg and if I am pregnant they will raise it to 200.  I haven't noticed any side effects.  So far, so good.  I think twins would be awesome, but not everyone does.

Amt - Good luck with your new donor!  Here's to healthy fast swimmers!

lisedea - I hope the TWW is passing smoothly cycle buddy!  fingersx.gif  I'm sorry your IUI was so terrible.  What is the red wine supposed to do?

mtnlisa - Best wishes to you in the TWW as well!  It's almost over.  Navel-gazing is fun too but I'm sure your DD keeps you plenty distracted and busy.

Carmen - It sounds like your insems went really well.  FX for you too!  Congratulations on winning the contest!  That was a really cute picture. 

wishin' & hopin' - I'm sorry you have to take a break, but I hope the removal does the trick.  We hope to see you back soon with some better news.

Angela - I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip.  I hope it is totally worth it! 

mrsandmrs - I'm glad your HSG went well.  It's really not so bad.  All the info I read on the internet made me nervous.  My doctor gave me Valium and that helped.  Good luck with the new bank and the new donor!  It can be a big hassle, but it's great when it's all done.  Enjoy your few months of rest and happy coupling!

Cananny - That is an excellent response to the meds!  So many follicles!  A 60% chance of multiples sounds crazy, but I think you'll be ok.  I'm sorry your DP couldn't be there for the IUI with you.  I've had to go to a few by myself also, and it's just so much better with my wife there. I feel more relaxed and she entertains me.  Plus, once I was in a really cold room and I was freezing. If she had been there she could have brought me my coat.  I think I missed the fire alarm.  I left about 10:20.  I heard some weird alarm type noises, but they stopped and no one said anything to me. 

Amandawantbaby -  Welcome!  We look forward to getting to know you better.  Getting started early is always a good thing.  Have you started taking folic acid?  Recent studies have shown that it is good to take for 3 months before you get pregnant.  Also, I don 't know if you've been charting, but that is a good thing to do to just to get a sense of how your cycles usually work. 

Tex - Welcome to you too!  I hope you are back soon so we can get to know you better.

Hopeful - I'm glad you found a better place to get the HSG.  Way to do your homework!  There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about when to do the OPK.  I usually test in the morning and later in the afternoon/evening and maybe more often if I think I am getting close.  Sometimes those tests just confuse the crap out of me.

AFM - I'm about 5dpo, and everything seems pretty normal. I am taking progesterone twice a day, and that seems fine.  No strange side effects.  I went to acupuncture yesterday.  That was really nice.  My breasts are a little sore, but that doesn't seem to be a reliable sign.  I leave for Ohio on Friday to visit my family.  The day I can test will fall on a day when I am there.  I can't decide if I should test or wait until I get home.  With the progesterone, I don't think my period will start until I start taking it, right?  I really want my wife to be there with me when I take a test.  I've never gotten to take one before.  My wife said she would rather I test and be able to share the good news with my sister if she can't be there.  If it's negative it will make me sad during the end of my trip, and I would like to be with my wife if I am sad too.  I wouldn't be able to take a blood test until CD29.  We'll have to talk about it more and decide at some point.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#188 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hello from the lovely 2ww ....

Sorry I have been MIA the past few day.. but I have been dog tired.. and a bit on the grouchy side :) Today I am still tired but getting through the day.. not much else to report here.. tired and tummy has been gurgling a bit.. food does not sound that great ( well not any thing good anyways..) Ive been on a total junk craving . Ughh! 

there are alot of us in the TWW together.. there is going to be lots of bfp!!

Pokey.. i am also on the progesterone 2 x a day.. so far not seeing any side effects either :) Yeah IUI alone was not fun..  but Dr Hirata is funny and made me laugh :)

Angela. I am sorry about your trip.. hope your bf understands... and I moved you

mrsandmrs.. glad it went ok for you.. enjoy a month of no TTC.. i know it sounds weird but a break for a month can do wonderful things for you and your dp.. I know it did for us when we had a month off...

Tunaqueen.. im sorry to hear about your KD.. what a blow.. i hope you get some answers very soon on what to do next.....hugs

Carmen.. FX for you.. I am ready for us ALL to be pregnant!! 

Sorry for missing people.. Know i am thinking of you all!!! FX for some BFP

AFM.. not much to report other than tiredness... I am still having a hard time with our good friends who are pregnant.. they had an U/S and saw a healthy baby... Sigh.. I think  I am going to look into some therapy to deal with the infertilty stuff.. just think it will be a good idea... anyone else gone to therapy??

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#189 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM

I forgot I wanted to ask y'all a question.  For those of you who have had multiple follicles, was it more painful when you ovulated?  I had more several follicles on my right side and I had a good deal of pain on that side on Saturday.  It felt better when I laid down, but it lasted for a good part of the day.  Thanks for your input!

#190 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM

outdoorsy -- i was on 100mg of clomid from cd2 through cd6.  by my third cycle on it, my lining was at about 4mm on cd11....not good at all.  i begged my gyn for estradiol (Estrace) to help with my lining but she wouldn't give it to me.  then i discovered i had some at home already and did some self-medicating several months later when i did my last clomid round...that time my lining was over 8mm. the only bad thing i found about the Estrace was that it gave me some bizarre bouts of rage...not fun at all for me or my DP.  maybe they could give you a progesterone test (about a week after you think you ovulated) to confirm that ovulation is taking place?  i hope you get everything sorted out soon. 

texayor -- WELCOME back!  can you remind us of your situation and tell us a bit about yourself?  

angela -- i'm sorry to hear that you're missing out on the bff meetup.  i totally get missing friends who are far away...boy, do i ever.  hopefully, though, this will be your stickybean bfp cycle, and the next time you see your bff, you'll have a lil bun baking in that oven.  

mtnlisa -- sudden, extreme hunger has been a big symptom for me.  it could be a very positive sign prior to a very positive peestick.  what dpo are you at right now?

hopeful -- best of luck with that hsg.  i've got my fingers crossed that your results show completely clear, superhighway-esque tubes.  i'd suggest taking some kind of pain killer (extra-strength tylenol or something stronger, if you have it) or a valium beforehand.  here they have you take spasfone (an antispasmodic that i'd also used for kidney stones and severe menstrual cramps) beforehand, and i'm glad i did.  let us know how it goes!

fishymcdarkside -- oh, gal, that just sucks refried ass.....  i'm sooo sorry that you two have to go through this setback.  any idea where you  might go from here?  big *hugs* to both you and your DP.

carmen -- crampy sounds promising!  (i started feeling that way around 6dpo, and i'm *still* crampy)  when do you think you'll test?  fingersx.gif

pokey -- yep, you and DP are at exactly the same dpo!  it's a bit frightening to think about the hormones in this house if she gets her bfp this month, but i still hope it happens.  sore breasts were definitely one of the first side effects i got with the progesterone, although, last month they disappeared towards the end of the tww.  this time they just stayed sore and even got a bit worse.   as for testing....it's a hard call.  i would personally want to be with my DP in either case...if it's a bfn (which it won't be!) you'll have her there to console you and to join you in indulging in whatever non-pregnant vices you want, and if it's a bfp (which it will be...f/x!) you can be stunned and teary and joyful together.  it's a personal choice, though..... you could always take the tests along just in case.  oh, and as for ovulation being more painful with more follicles, the answer is YES.  for me more follicles + an hcg trigger = dizzy.gif (translation: OWWWWWW).  DP had the same thing, and for both of us, it lasted for quite a few hours.  last time we went to belgium for me, i spent the entire afternoon (post-IUI) walking around doubled over.  then again, i also had a huge grin on my face, because i knew the timing was great.  i hope the same is true for you!

cananny --  i bet the fatigue, grouchiness and even the cravings are all side effects of the progesterone.  DP's biggest problem with the progesterone is that it leaves her completely exhausted (and grouchy, but you didn't hear me say that).  i really understand about not wanting to be around your friends who are pregnant.  we've both had a hard time dealing with all the pregnancies around us, and DP's was getting so bitter about it that i was starting to worry.  i think it's a perfectly normal feeling to have, but if you think therapy will help you cope better, then maybe you should check into it.  i still think that this is going to be your month, though....i certainly hope it is.

afm....  nothing much to report here.  still kind of lurking around as we wait for the first u/s.  we have our first gyn appointment tomorrow, and i can't decide if i'm looking forward to it or dreading it.  this is the woman who has been less-than-wonderful (and even horrible to DP) in the past.  maybe she'll be nicer now that she's not breaking any laws to help me....    

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#191 of 266 Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 PM

Hey everyone. I'm so sorry I disappeared for the last two weeks. I've been very sick with the flu and have had zero energy. Today I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics, so I think I'll be getting better from here.

Afu- DW is getting near to her projected O date again. I think she might surge tomorrow morning, which means that I need to remember to call the andrology lab tomorrow to arrange to pick the sample up over the weekend. 

Also, we've been doing really well at cutting out dairy and meat. DW has lost 11 pounds in two weeks. I'm down by 3 pounds. I've been great about not drinking coffee, but the headaches were brutal, so I've begun drinking green tea. I think it will be easier to transition off green tea when the time comes for me to being insemming. Wanna hear something funny? Over the last few weeks I've been temping so that I can have at least three months of regular charts before trying and after about 10 days or so I realized that I hadn't been temping with a BBT- just a regular one. No wonder the line was basically flat. lol. Anyway, I think someone asked what our plan was. Right now the plan is to have DW try four times and then reevaluate. This is cycle 2. Why four tries? Well, because her RE suggested it. I have told her and continue to tell her that I'm cool with us changing the plan- with her trying more times or not trying any more or going on to IVF...whatever. It is her body and I know how badly she wants to carry a baby. I wouldn't get in the way of that. Still, she wanted me to start temping and charting so that I could try to see a pattern if indeed she does go four tries without getting pregnant and we decide to move on to me with the fifth cycle. Even a year of charting wouldn't hurt. I guess I'm just trying to be proactive.

I have a quick question. Do any of you take the pregnancy prep vitamin that Dr. Tori Hudson, N.D. sells? I have begun taking it, but DW thinks its too soon for that- that it might throw things off or that I just don't need to prepare my body for that long with that vitamin before trying to insem. Thoughts?

Hugs and dust.gifto all in the TWW and stillheart.gif to all who are taking a break and waiting to O. 

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#192 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Angela: I'm sorry about your trip. I hope you get a BFP to console you!

Darth: That was pretty much the story with our known donor. I'm so sorry this happened, but at least now you know and can move on!

Pokey: Yes, the more follicles, the more pain.

Nos: So, how DO you feel about twins? You've never said.

Sotohana: The recommendations say that you should start taking prenatals at least three months before you start TTC, so I don't see a problem with it.

AFM: I'm pretty sure I ovulated! I've been crampy since yesterday afternoon and I've had TONS of EWCM this month -more than any of the months we've been trying this year. I think my body may have woken up and gotten serious about getting pregnant!

Mother to one dd .
#193 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Sotohana - There seems to be conflicting information about when to start taking prenatal vitamins.  I am not familiar with the one you mentioned, but my doctor told me not to take them until I was pregnant because the extra iron can be constipating.  However, there has been research lately that says you should start taking folic acid three months before you start TTC because it helps prevent birth defects better. 

rs11 - Sounds like your body is getting with the program! That's great.  Thanks for answering my question. 

Nos - Thank you for answering my question also and thanks for the sweet advice and positive outlook!

#194 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Pre-natals are called pre-natals for a reason! Not sure what DP thinks it will "throw off" but the vitamins found in a standard pre-natal are recommended by all doctors and should be taken to assist in preventing certain birth defects.

Where you need to research and get advice from your doctor is additional vitamins that all of us dabble in to help promote fertility. Some of them (such as chasteberry) should not be taken during ovulation so you will only take them for the first two weeks (or so) of your cycle. Keeping track of it all is very difficult. I use a spreadsheet to help me out as I'm taking over 30 vitamins a day including ones to *supposedly* increase egg quality.

Krista

#195 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 10:37 AM

soto--I was told to take prenatals while trying...but after going through two bottles, I stopped. I figure as soon as I find out I am pregnant, I will start again.

pokey--A small amount (I think 4oz) of red wine during the 2WW is supposed to help relax muscles and soften lining to help implantation. I have no clue if it really helps but the first time I tried it, I got pregnant. So...this time around, I decided to try it again. I think it makes the waiting seem not so long when I have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

tuna--I am SO sorry to hear about your KD! Hopefully you can find someone else easily that has quality swimmers!

rs11--Hooray! I am so glad that your body is behaving!

dust.gif to all of my cycle buddies! What are all of your plans with testing? Are you planning on doing it a certain day or waiting it out? I think I am going to wait it out again...I seem to be less stressed that way...

8dpo. I really have no "symptoms" besides being pretty moody. That happens to me anyway though wink1.gif. I had some really sad news this week....my parents' godson died in the womb at 8.5 months on Monday. Just so sad...I can't even imagine.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#196 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM

I should update by saying that I started taking prenatal vitamins when we actually started TTC, even though my Dr. said it wasn't necessary.  It's a good mulit-vitamin.  I started taking folic acid months before that.

#197 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

lisedea, that wine news is seriously the happiest thing I've read all day. Thank you!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words as well. I'm sorry for being such a whiner. I am now feeling fine about missing my trip, and am just happy to be trying again. I took my first clomid last night. When/what should I expect to feel? I hate taking meds, so I'm a little nervous! But mostly, I'm excited to be working on making a baby!

Also, for those of you on Facebook who are so inclined, we have an MDC Queer Parenting group over there too. It's less TTC-focused, and there are lots of kid pics, so that may not be what everyone needs right now, but for those who are interested, come find us and join! It's nice to be connected to people in multiple ways.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#198 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 PM

A multivitamin (which is basically what a prenatal is...which extra folate and other good "baby stuff") is always a good idea! I've been taking them since 2008! I easily get constipated and have found that the Sisu Multi Expecting does not cause me problems at all. So, yes, take them as soon as you can before TTC!

(Of course, some people may have reactions to certain vitamins and/or minerals so I know it's not a good for everyone thing.)

#199 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM

iPad keeps closing my window!!
Cananny Love the "lovely tww" positive thinking!
Tuna So sorry about your morph test, that is insane!
Before my computer cuts me off, I'm for sure testing in the morning 12 dpo. I feel pregnant: starving, more tired, pants tight, so we'll see
#200 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Thanks for all the replies! I think I will continue taking them, but only at the beginning of the cycle because of what you said Krista. They are made up of tribulus terrestris extract, rhodiola rosea root extract, chaste tree berry extract, raspberry leaf, alfalfa leaf, dong quai root, motherwort herb, maca root, amylase, protease, lipase, cellulase and lactase. What all that means I have no idea, but it sounds good! lol. I might also start taking some folic acid too now. Thanks for the advice :)

Also, DW got the smiley face this morning so were going to Alma tomorrow morning at 10am to insem. Yay!

mtnlisa: crossing my fingers for you!!

Angelam: I think the side effects may vary from woman to woman, but with DW clomid was pretty brutal. I suggest purposefully taking it easy these next few weeks and try to remember that you have a very strong medicine flowing through your veins, so everything not normal can be blamed on that :)

lisedea- I'm so sorry to hear about that bad news :( I can't even imagine what that would be like... I'll be sending love and light their way.

rs11- lots of EWCM is certainly a good sign! I also have heard that being super horny is a good sign. DW was last night...wink ;) he he

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#201 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Soto: just to be clear, it sounds as though what you are taking is a fertility booster that is commonly used by many of us. THIS IS NOT a pre-natal vitamin. You need a pre-natal vitamin.

I just found out on Wednesday, that one of my infertility support group friend's who had finally had her long awaited little baby boy, that he died of a congential heart defect last Sunday. I'm going to his funeral on Sunday. Although they are still trying to understand how congential heart defects come about, one thing they know is the folic acid found in a pre-natal can help to prevent this defect.

If that isn't enough to promote how critical it is to take a pre-natal then I don't know what is.

"Taking a folic acid supplement is crucial. By taking 400 mcg of folic acid a day for at least one month before you conceive and during your first trimester, you can cut your chances of having a baby with neural-tube defects such as spina bifida by 50 to 70 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Taking folic acid helps prevent some other birth defects as well.

You can buy folic acid supplements at the drugstore, or you can take a prenatal or regular multivitamin. Check the label on multivitamins to make sure they contain the 400 mcg of folic acid you need.

Also check to make sure that your multivitamin doesn't contain more than the recommended daily allowance of 770 mcg RAE (2,565 IU) of vitamin A, unless most of it's in a form called beta-carotene. Getting too much of a certain kind of vitamin A can cause birth defects."

Krista

#202 of 266 Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 PM

I agree with Krista, Soto. That isn't a pre-natal vitamin. Unless you have a known reason to be taking the supplements you listed - I wouldn't take them before consulting with a naturopathic doctor!

Afm: No cramping today, a bit of nausea but I think it's because I was hungry. I don't really feel pregnant. I do feel tired though...and we are reserved on a 8:35am ferry tomorrow! Up doing laundry and cleaning up a bit. It's my DP's birthday today so we're heading to Mayne Island for a few days. I'm SO excited...we rented a cute little one bedroom cabin :)

#203 of 266 Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 AM

Well....I am convinced to start taking my prenatals again. Of course, I eat more breakfast cereal than anyone should...so I probably have the folic acid covered...but just to be safe, I am starting with my new bottle today.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#204 of 266 Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 AM

DP came down the stairs and said, "you took it already?" and I asked what it said at two minutes, she said, "it says you are not pregnant." I looked up our donor and he is still available. But when I came up and looked at the ept, I can see a faint line. I'll take a tampon with me to work today, but we will test again on Mon if no AF.
#205 of 266 Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 AM

mtnlisa - fingers crossed for you :) the first time I tested this happened to me - a faint line showed past the time limit. could be evap line. but in my case it wasn't. hoping tomorrow the line is faster to show up :) !!!

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#206 of 266 Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM

Oh okay. Thank you for the clarification on that. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's baby :( That is so heartbreaking. 

I will definitely begin taking a proper pre-natal with at least 400 mcg of folic acid. You've convinced me for sure. I've also just told DW and she will begin tomorrow morning.

Mtnlisahug2.gif<-- this is me giving you a supportive hug. My fingers are crossed for you!!

Carmen- that sounds so lovely! Happy Birthday to DP from me and DW :) Also sending you lots of dust.gif

AFU- we had our second IUI this morning. Last time when DW was all laid up, the midwife said that her cervix was super open and gushing cm. This time it was hard to get the tube into her cervix. :( I'm not sure if our timing was the best. Then again, who knows really. It could definitely happen. If it doesn't we will keep on keepin' on. Afterward we went to lunch and talked about her recommendations of going at least 6 times. She said that on average it takes 6 well-timed insems to get pregnant- that is without medical intervention. Her suggestion was to do at least four more tries after this if we need to before seeking more help from an RE. Both DW and I thought that sounded like it made a lot of sense so we've decided that's going to be our new plan. If we get to 6 and it hasn't worked then we'll sit down and re-evaluate. Good thing is we have two ovens, but I know how much DW wants to experience pregnancy and I want that sooo bad for her. 

Cananny, can we please be moved to the TWW? Thank you!

#207 of 266 Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Hi everyone!!

No personals again tonight, since we're day THREE of trying to get this damn flooring installed and being SUPER late... augh.  I will be glad when it's all done.

Our plan is to switch to the clinic and do IUIs with frozen WTBK donor.  We were at that point already, so the referral was already in.  We have an appointment on May 2nd.  I hope we can push this along fairly quickly, since DW is supposed to ovulate within a week after that appointment...  

Anyways, DW is DPO 10 today.  POAS in the AM.  I'm excited and hopeful to see lots of BFPs all this week!  :D

As for prenatals, DW has been on them for over a year now, with no issues.  I can't remember the brand she takes, but our Family MD told her to start taking them at least SIX MONTHS before TTC, because it takes that long to build up the proper folic acid stores (I've heard choking down prenatals while pregnant is horrible).  Folic Acid is also found in lots of leafy green veggies, so slightly cooking them or eating them raw is a great way to get extra.  If you overcook them (i.e., they're kinda browny green) then they've lost all their nutritional value.  Plus it's also the end of winter and we're all deficient in various summer vitamins.  :)

Anyways, goodnight all!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#208 of 266 Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 AM

mtnlisa--Any sign of AF? I hope that faint line was real! Did it appear after the time limit?

#209 of 266 Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Soto fx for your TWW!

Darth hope your floor gets done today! When we went to the clinic with our first, we were able to move forward very quickly, good luck to you!

Afu, still no AF signs, wave of nausea calmed by eating an apple yesterday afternoon, was not starving when i woke up today but that might be accounted for by the half pint of ice cream i ate at ten, I'm almost 100% sure I'm pregnant. We will do one more ept this evening as dp won't be here in the morning when I get up tomorrow.
#210 of 266 Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 PM

So exciting mtnlisa!!!! I can't wait to hear the results from tonight's EPT!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page