Queer Conceptions April 2012 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 266 Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Wends..

Alot of us are getting close to the end of our TWW ..myself included....

How is everyone feeling who is still in the TWW? Pokey ? NoRes ( DP) others?

Carmen.. sorry for the BFN! But it is still a few days early so FX still.. I was also wanting a 2012 baby ( year of the dragon .. I am a the year of the dragon, so I really had hoped our baby would be a dragon baby) I know if I am preg now I could have my 2012 baby.. but more than likely a 2013 baby!  I will take it if it means a baby!!!

Lise.. I am sorry to hear AF came :( I know what you mean about the finances... there is no way we could ever really afford IVF :( I hope you get the answers you are looking for ( big big hugs)

Darth.. I am sorry for your BFN.. but with the KD issues... it really is a blessing in a way.. you seeing it forst hand with the NICU babies.... I am sure you feel a bit of relief.. Good luck with picking a donor!

Hopeful... I am glad the HSG went well .. and FX that it cleared out the pathway for your BFP!!!!

Outdoorsy.. sorry your cycle is off.... that happens to me more than Id like it to~ ( but I have PCOS)

AFM... 10 DPO and nothing exciting to report.Tfeeling a bit of pain on both sides.. not bad just noticible.. I am really trying to not read into any symptoms..that only leads to dissapointment! . I will test sunday at home and Monday I will go for a beta.. I might skip the home test though.. I have been taking it super easy since my U/S and today had a good accupuncture session to encourage the ONE follicle ( not 2 or 3 or 5)  to implant.. DP and I are at odds. she really wants twins, is praying for twins.. I am not. I know it will be so hard to work, and finacially and plus my body.. I mean I know I will be happy with whatever we are blessed with.. I just dont want to WISH for twins...

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 266 Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 PM

I forgot to chime in on the ferning lens.  DW uses one and LOVES it.  It works REALLY well for her, we realized that her super high fertile window is quite small.  It's very portable so you can take it with you and check frequently.  Plus it's nifty to see all the little ferns when you're high fertility.  When she's around ovulation date, she checks MULTIPLE times a day (3-4, sometimes more) and it's helped tremendously to corroborate our other data.  OPKs don't work super well for her, we use them to a point, but they're not a definitive data collection point for us.  

Carmen, sorry about your BFN.  :P

Lisa: I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out yet and that you're now onto IVF.  DW had sort of the same issue you had with hormones and our ND put her on something called inositol and that fixed it right up without hormones.  She takes it twice daily.  We're hoping that'll work.  :)  I wish you the best of success in your financial planning for IVF!!

Invit: I will cross my fingers you guys get to insem!!

AFU: we move on Friday and DW had another non-existent gallbladder attack today and has been bedridden and narcoticked pretty much all day, and I've been at work, so it's gone be a loonngg day for me tomorrow....  So excited for our appointment on Tuesday though, I cannot WAIT to get this going again!!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#243 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

MtnLisa: Congratulations! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Darth: I hope your appointment goes well and this RE gets you back on track!

Angela:  Good luck at the u/s and congrats on the new puppy!

Invitin: I'm so glad you get to inseminate this month. I hope this is the cycle for you!

Lise:  Good luck with IVF. I hope it gets you a BFP!

AFM: I went back for follow-up with the RE yesterday and I did ovulate! All on my own. My beta was back to zero. Now we're just waiting for AF to get started again.

Mother to one dd .
#244 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 06:25 AM

lisedea: hug2.gif I'm so sorry this has been such a long road for you. Keep us updated if you can and I hope you end up with a good plan.

mtnlisa: How did the beta go?

invitn: That's what is great about this thread...it's always here when you need it smile.gif  Good luck this cycle! I hope the new donor does the trick!

Cananny: Fingers crossed for you! I know what you mean about twins. DP and I used to really want twins but as I've said before on here...after having one, we wouldn't wish for twins! DD was fairly "easy" too but it's SO much work and so life changing...I can't imagine doing it with 2. Of course, it would be fun in some ways too and I also would be happy either way!

darth: Good luck with the move! A non existent gall bladder attack? Is that like a "ghost attack" when you don't have your gall bladder anymore? I've heard of that but never know anyone to have them. I also had my gall bladder out (unexpectedly!) several years ago.

rs: Congrats on O'ing on your own! Let's hope it happens again next cycle!

Afm: I decided to test again this morning instead of waiting until tomorrow. I really don't want to take the progesterone if I don't have to. And it was a negative again so I don't have to! Hopefully AF starts in the next few days and I can also move on to the next cycle. I'm getting really down about the whole process and in a bit of a panic that it's not going to happen.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#245 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM

I talked to my midwife, and she thinks the CD 10 surge is more good news than bad, because it could mean I'm going back to more normal timing instead of the late or anovulatory cycles. Temps show I did O on CD11, according to Fertility Friend. I had been trying in the past couple of weeks to drink more water and eat less sugar -- my diet is pretty healthy overall, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Good luck to everyone, especially those in the TWW.

babygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabygirl.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#246 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM

Carmen: she had an urgent gallbladder surgical removal 2 years ago after developing symptoms a month before and being admitted to VGH very very very sick (I was terrified).  She has post-cholycystectomy syndrome now, which rears it's head at ugly ugly times, resulting in the same kind of pain as her gallbladder attacks.  It takes about 24 hours and many many drugs for it to run it's course, it's bad though.  :(  

RS: Congrats on ovulating on your own!  Huzzah!!

Outdoorsy: Yay for a regular cycle!!!  :D  I hope this helps you get your BFP!!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#247 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 PM

Invitn- Welcome back! I have been worried about you! Glad your back on the crazy train! I hope this new donor is exactly "what the dr ordered" for you BFP!

Missy- Thinking about you! Hope you and DP are well!

AFU-Back to my cave...

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#248 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 PM

182 at 4w2d, it seems low to me. The nurse wasn't worried about it, though my progesterone was 8 so I'm off to fill rx for that. Second beta early tomorrow and a third on Monday, u/s scheduled for May 10. Not ready to leave QC yet, but still hopeful.

Personals later
#249 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Hi, friends! I was on the board back in 08-09 when I was TTC #1. Now my son is 2 and we are back on the TTC train. I am on CD 5, started Vivelle patches (estrogen) yesterday, and go in for my next ultrasound/bloodwork next Friday (May 4). We are doing an FET (frozen embryo transfer) and our estimated transfer date is May 10. Craziness! Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Wishing you all good luck!

M (42) stillheart.gif L (42) stillheart.gif DS (2) stillheart.gif 3 kitties familybed1.gif

Due 5/4/13 with #2

My blog: http://www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com

#250 of 266 Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gifCOOKIE.... FX for a good transfer.. would you like to be added to the list? where should I add you? Tell us about yourself more if you care to share!!!!

MTN..I do not kmow much about the #'s but FX the little bean stays nice and snug!

INVIT.. Nice to see you pop in here.. i agree with what you say 100 percent!..

Hi everyone else.....

is everyone moved who wants to be?

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#251 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 AM

Carmen: I'm sorry about the BFN. I hope the next cycle is the one!

Outdoorsy: Yay for a normal cycle! This should mean your body is working right.

Darth: I hope your DW gets better soon.

MtnLisa: Don't worry yet, your beta is well within the normal range. I found this handy little chart: http://stages-in-pregnancy.com/beta-levels-in-early-pregnancy.html

Cookie: Welcome back! I hope the FET works!

AFM: I'm pretty sick. I woke up this morning with a temperature of 100.5. Looks like I'm off to the doctor today.

Mother to one dd .
#252 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 AM

Good morning!

rs11 thanks for that website--there are so many different websites reporting hcg levels, I guess I'll choose to look at one that makes my level look good!  Good work O'ing on your own too!

Cookie--hope your transfer goes well!

Outdoorsy--couldn't we all stand to eat a little better--I think you are right that sugar cannot be good for us (otherwise we wouldn't like it so much) Yay for O'ing on your own as well!

Carmen--hugs again, fingers crossed that the next try does the trick!

Cananny--any new symptoms??

off to my second beta, fx for increasing levels, though I'm still not feeling very preg...

#253 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Rs....sorry you are sick...not fun....on monday I saw my reg dr...it was so weird not being at Re....I hadnt seen my reg dr in a year:)

Mtn...fx for good beta.....symptoms....im tired but chalk that up to progesterone...my breasts look different to me....but that could be in my head:) this tww is the longest.....

Where is nores, pokey...havent heard Fromm you guys in a while:)

On side note April is almost over....who would like to take over May thread?

#254 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Lisa: I know, know, know it's not easy to think about it any other way but it's NOT about the number. It's about the doubling. There are plenty of pregnancies that start out with what you think is a low number. You're very early in the pregnancy. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is just wait because what you really need is time to play itself out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know the feeling and I've seriously hated it every time I've been in it! But just to let you know, at 4 weeks the number is anywhere from 5-430 so as you can see, it's just too early to tell. Best of luck.

mtnlisa likes this.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#255 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM

Cananny - Thanks for the welcome and fingers crossed for you as you approach the end of your TWW wave.gif Sure, I'd love to be added to the list. I guess I'd fall under "Working on IVF." DW and I live in SoCal and have been together for 17 years (Mamas are old!). We were both 39 when we had our son (I carried) and now she's 42 and I will be 42 on May 7. This baby (should he/she come to be) will complete our family. I also have a blog (www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com) if anyone is interested in more detail.

rs11 - Thanks for the shout out! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. We've been passing colds around our house for about a month and I, for one, am tired of being sick! Hope you're on the mend quickly.

mtnlisa - Looks like a great beta # to me! Don't worry about symptoms - it is so early it is totally normal not to have any at this point. Here's to a doubling number for you!

M (42) stillheart.gif L (42) stillheart.gif DS (2) stillheart.gif 3 kitties familybed1.gif

Due 5/4/13 with #2

My blog: http://www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com

#256 of 266 Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM

mtnlisa: That doesn't sound terribly low. How was the 2nd?

gloom: I remember your name! We must have been TTC our first around the same time :) Welcome back and good luck!!

Afm: 14DPO, I stopped the progesterone on 12DPO and my temp is still high and no AF. I'm expecting it tonight or tomorrow though. My hormones are raging and it's not a pretty sight :(

I'd like to take the thread for May unless someone new wants to!

#257 of 266 Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

CARMEN.. it is all yours! 

i cheated and took a test ( only 12dpo) but it was a BFN.. I am not hopeful for this cycle.. but i know its early.. I will go for a blood test Monday to be sure.  If not pregnant.. i have to take a cycle off :( per RE orders )  But in a little twist..DP has said she wants to try again one cycle.. shes had a long break.. and shes been getting healthier, going to gym, tracking her ovulation.. She wants to try 2 IUI at the DR ( we only ever did home with her and fresh sperm) I am all for her trying .. not sure when she will... as everything for her is not covered by ins.. its 180 each IUI and 500 each vial of sperm.... 

We had our 1st foster in home meeting.. went well.. we had most of paper filled out.. and we should be licenced within 90 days.. we have 24 hrs of classes to attend ( 4 Sat in June)

We were told we would almost likely be placed by end of summer ( but maybe longer since I requested an infant under 2 yrs ) We are starting with fostering and then move on to the adoption side of things... We have been told if you build a good reputation with the fostering side.. they look to you 1st when there in an infant to be placed.

I know this might sound silly... my one concern is we are a lesbian couple ( as if you did not know) and we are caucasian and my DP is 1/4 mexican and caucasian .. we will most likely be placed with a child of color( we are 100 percent on board with that) but I cant help but worry if a potential child will be faced with a double whammy.. 2 moms .. and then 2 moms who look nothing like the child... i worry if thats alot of pressure to put on a kid? Luckily we live in the  Bay area right now.. but we may in the future move to a much cheaper place ( maybe AZ where my family is) to live ...I know that it will be ok.. i just worry....sorry for the rambling....

I am excited and nervous.. There is  also a TON of paperwork... man oh man!!!!

OK there should be some testing happening this weekend... where is everyone ?

#258 of 266 Old 04-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Cananny -- sorry to hear BFN, but don't give up yet!  I don't think that the two moms or the two moms who don't look like you is the biggest challenge faced by children in the foster care system, nor do I think that they are bigger than the benefit of two consistent adults who are determined to care for and focus on the child--just my two cents!

I am dying waiting to hear back from the RE office--blood draw was at 8 am, they did not get my results by 4pm yesterday and the office is already closed today.....

#259 of 266 Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Cananny: I'm hoping it was just too early for you to test. Give it a couple a day and see!

MtnLisa: My RE said most women don't experience symptoms until their beta reaches the 800 level or so. Hopefully, you're one of those.

AFM: AF arrived today, so could I please be move to waiting to O? Thanks. I have a stupid question for everyone. My doctor gave me a Z-Pack because my cold/flu is turning into a sinus infection and now I'm nervous about taking it because I should be starting my stim meds Monday or Tuesday. I only have four days left. Does anyone think it will interfere with anything? I looked it up, and it's actually used in IVF patients to reduce inflammation and help implantation. I'm just worried about taking so many meds at once. I'll ask the doctor as well of course, but any advice you ladies have would be much appreciated.

Mother to one dd .
#260 of 266 Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Cananny: Sorry about the bfn, I hope it's too early. And exciting that your DP wants to try again! How do you feel about that? I have worried about adopting a child of another race for much the same reasons but really I think the most important thing is that you would be amazing parents, provide stability and unconditional love...and the rest can be worked out. I know that simplifies things but I think at the heart it's the truth. What happens if you get pregnant while fostering though?

mtnlisa: Yikes, I'd be dying to know too. I agree that some women experience lots of symptoms and some don't. Hopefully your results give you some comfort.

rs: AF started for me too! We're officially cycle buddies :) I don't know what a Z-Pack is so I'm sorry, I have no advice on whether to take it or not...

Afm: As I said, AF started this morning so I'm officially waiting to O. I was glad to see it started right on schedule with a nice 14 day LP. I feel good about this next cycle already and I hope to O around CD15. Is there anyone else in the TWW still?

#261 of 266 Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Thank you for all the support around here!  The RE office called at 9 this morning (I give high recommendations for this practice :) and my numbers are going up. PHEW!!!!

First Beta 16dpo 182, progesterone 9

Second 18dpo (42 hours later) 507, progesterone 16 (after taking one prometrium the night before)

28 hour or so doubling time

I'm feeling much relieved, and hoping for a sticky bean, very different numbers from my last pregnancy--22 hour doubling time.  Might try to see my accupuncturist this week if I can squeeze it in.  One more blood test on Monday and u/s May 10th--I'll probably stay here til then

#262 of 266 Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM

Yay! Great news, mtnlisa! Keep us updated! thumb.gif

#263 of 266 Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM

Mtnlisa: Congratulations Lisa on the rising numbers. How relieving! Hope you had a really good day following this great phone call. Good luck at your next blood test and u/s.

Cananny: It makes sense that you are worried about how the comfort level of prospective foster child living in your home -dealing with environmental obstacles. I have story that I think you would could benefit from - So about two months ago I went to a foster to adopt open meeting for queer families with a friend just to get more information. Several queer families who have adopted were on the panel. One family two males (who were both white) and lived in somewhat hauty suburb near me adopted 9 african american children not all of who were related. They decided to adopt three or four sets of siblings at different times over the course of I think the past 10 years and wanted to make sure that all the siblings looked alike. They were a very animated happy couple on the panel sharing how they constantly get stared out when they are all out together in public and when asked questions by strangers they always reply that they are all siblings and they are their fathers.

Frankly I couldn't imagine being a parent to more than one child let alone 9 children at one time. So kudos to these dads and kudos to you and DP and your efforts to be loving parents to children who really need it.

Sorry no time for other personals - will return in the next day with checking in with all you all

So I am CD8 and the line on OPK has already started to show up faintly. I suspect that I will surge no later than wednesday. So we are going to have KD ship to us perhaps tuesday/or wednesday. I hate trying to figure out when to insem...I loathe this part of the ttc process as I think most people do. Grrr.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#264 of 266 Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 AM

So, I posted not one, not two, but three very long posts over the weekend that were eaten by my computer. Grrr... Now I'm back at work and don't have time for personals, except to say that I'm thinking of everyone. (Cananny, I'm really hoping you're looking at a BFP right now.)

I had my CD10 ultrasound friday morning, and they saw two good follicles. I triggered right after that, and then did an IUI the following morning (about 24 hours later). I've been a little crampy since then, but nothing major, which has made me worry. What with the clomid/trigger combo I really expected to FEEL my body pushing those eggs out. On the other hand, last month I was convinced that I could feel the eggs fertlizing and implanting, and that was clearly not the case, so perhaps this is good news.

Okay, gotta go. Crazy work day. Cananny, could you move me to waiting to know?!?

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#265 of 266 Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

HI everyone

Thanks for the kind words everyone, regarding fostering/adopting.. I feel the positives that can come from fostering/adopting a child far outweigh the different race than us card.. I am excited and nervous... To answer you Carmen. If we become pregnant while fostering.. then we have 2 kids :)  Invit..thats a great story and mad props to those guys.. there was a gay couple in AZ who did the same thing.. adopting alot of sibling sets! Def eases my fears a little .

AFM.. went for blood test, do not have the results yet.. I feel it will not be a BFP.. I am ok with that.. I know my body is trying, working , making lots of eggs... so I get a month off.. Im going to really cut out the sugars, fast food ( my weakness for french fries) and generally being really good.. My weight is always an issue.. And I feel if i can lose 10 lbs.. it might kick start my body further.. My re said even a small weight loss is beneficial. 

Ive had fun being thread keeper.. Passing it on to Carmen!!

#266 of 266 Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM

I created the new May thread already as I don't know that I'll have time tonight....

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352032/queer-ttc-may-2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page