Queer Conceptions April 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO APRIL.. HERE IS "HOPPING" TO SOME BFP!!!!!!!

PLEASE WRITE IN BOLD SO I CAN MOVE YOU IF NEEDED!!!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

*Sotohana

* darthtunaqueen

*invitnconceptn

*RS11

* outdoorsy

* Amt1015

* Carmen BFPChart2.gif

*Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

* Cananny

*Hopeful22 chartnew.gif

*AngelaM

* Pokeycip

*cjcwomyn3's

* nos reves

* bwilliamson94

* Wishin'&hopin'

*monkey1

*bkhaile11233

Working on IVF ecbaby.gif

*gloomcookie
Waiting for AF af.gif

MIA/Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready wool.gif

*lisedea

*mrsandmrs

* kgulbransen

* Wishin'&hopin'

* AnnaNotherThing

* TineyDreams

* NAMW
* RainbowValleyMama
* MaxK
* IrishBabies
* AmandaMom
* Glados
* Serepartera (February 2011)
* Miss Scarlett
* Milletpuff
* Chiquitayy
* Lyndzies1
* Want2bePapa
* MeghanC
* Yeledov
* Handerson
* BunnyLullabye
* cnmk14
* Maybeababy
* 2moms3kids
* OwlandTurtle
* jennytuck
* JennP85
* Habitat
* EmandJoHeil
* MrsPP BFPChart2.gif

* Hoping2bemoms

* CarpenterAnt

* Happycalm

* EmilyandCathy

* Alphahen & DP
* FiveGrandBaby

Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif

* esenbee2

2012 Graduates! babyf.gif

March ** SkyandTru carrot.gif*JuneBugcarrot.gif

February *MidwifeStephPDX banana.gif *SouthernBelle24 banana.gif

January * Planet jammin.gif *Dandylezjammin.gif

2011 Graduates! bellycast.gif

December * DesertSunsets carrot.gif
November * Aljm41910 broc1.gif
October * Vienna79 joy.gif * KSDoulaMama joy.gif *Pleasantlyfurious joy.gif *SwtRainbowBrite joy.gif * Go_Vegan joy.gif
September * Smilingsara carrot.gif * Ad Astra carrot.gif * Mumquest carrot.gif
August *Prettyisa broc1.gif
July * Onemommyonemama joy.gif * Southern Fried Karma BFPChart2.gif joy.gif
June * CrystalPerez broc1.gif* Qmama42 broc1.gif
May * KellySF carrot.gif
April * want2bmumx2 joy.gif * Indigoscot & DP joy.gif
March * Graceie broc1.gif * Seraf broc1.gif* 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#2 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 AM

can i be moved to "tww"? even though i'm 10 dpo... 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#3 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

of course!! 

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#4 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Cananny, I need to be moved to waiting to O, please. Thanks.

Mother to one dd .
#5 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 AM

thanks for the new thread Cananny!  could you please move me to the TWW?  merci :)

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#6 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Please move me to waiting to o. Thanks for the new thread!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#7 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Cannany! We test tomorrow morning and I can hardly pee straight I'm so excited!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#8 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 PM

Hi all!

Cananny, could you move me to taking a break please? We're out for this cycle, but hopefully will be able to insem next month.

Sotohana, good luck tomorrow!

Not much going on here, just cleaning and getting ready for my mom's visit, though we did have a bit of trauma earlier. I talked to my mom on the phone today, and DD asked to talk to her as well. DD was chattering away, and then all of a sudden I heard her say, "I made a bed in my room for the baby in mama's belly." I then said loudly (so that my mom would hear), "There's no baby in my belly!", and DD's face crumpled and she burst into tears. I felt horrible. We had a talk about how much she wants a baby, and how much I want a baby, but I just felt so bad for making her cry. Yikes.

Thinking fertile thoughts for everyone who's testing over the next couple days!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#9 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 PM

Cananny- could you move me to the tww?

Thanks for the shiny new thread.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#10 of 266 Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I think Everyone is moved :)

I am still waiting for AF..she has officially made me mad now... ;)  Ok anytime AF.. the Re wants me to repeat the beta.. god knows why at this point.. but i guess for legal reasons we have to... I really just want her to show up so I can plan for this next cycle... 

Hope everyone is having a good night

#11 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 AM

Auntie Flo came last night. DW tested this morning anyway- BFN as expected. :(

Onward and upward. Can we be moved to Waiting to O, please?

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#12 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Soto- so sorry for your BFN. Cananny- Can I be moved to TWW? (sorry I am on my phone and can't post in bold)

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#13 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Sotohana- Sorry it didn't work out this time.  It can work the first time and it would be awesome if it did, but it's disappointing when it doesn't.

Cananny- Thanks for the new thread.  Here's to a fruitful April!

AFU- I won't be graduating this week.  I started feeling crampy and spotting yesterday and AF was here this morning.  2 days early too!  I don't know what happened.  Our timing was great.  My progesterone was good but my LP was shorter.  That's not an improvement.  It stinks.  I felt like everything went right for us to be successful this month.  Maybe I have to do everything wrong to make it go right.  We had a cry and a cuddle this morning and then went for breakfast.  We'll have to come up with a plan for this next cycle. 

grouphug.gif   AND  dust.gifto all!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#14 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Sorry to hear all the BFNs!  :(

Soooo, wondering if anyone else has this problem: since we've been TTC, my body has slowly been making more and more EWCM.  I'm now getting three solid days of EWCM, which is INSANE considering I'm not the one trying to get pregnant.  And it's not just a little, oohhhh no, half the time I feel like I've peed myself.  I think this is hilarious, but DW doesn't think it's funny when I call her to the bathroom for 12" long tendrils of this stuff.  

Someone suggested Mucinex?  I think?  How soon do you start taking it before you ovulate?  DW's production is a little on the lowish side, and while I would love to buy some sperm friendly lube on the inter webs, my VISA card says no.  Alas.  

Cananny, I hope your AF shows up.  Such a rude invited house guest, making you wait.  Yeesh.  

Also, I had my hormones checked to rule out PCOS.  Absolutely. Fricking. Perfect.  My MD and ND were both extremely pleased.  Tomorrow I have a pelvic ultrasound to see if there are any cysts.  I've never had an ultrasound before, sound be fun.  I'm fully prepared to be battered and bruised by the time I get home, thanks to all of you wonderful ladies and your brutal follicle scans!  :D  DW dropped off our referral to the fertility clinic.  We should get an appointment sometime in June.  In the meantime, we'll keep trying with KD...

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#15 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Pokey.. So sorry Af showed up.. and early.. She could come to my house.. we are just a few minutes away!!!! Uggh stupid Af ... Big hugs to you and your DP!!

Sotohana.. Sorry for BFN.. keep your spirits up and fx for the next cycle being it!!!!

Allison.. Good to hear no PCOS.. It is brutal and makes this process much harder than should be!

AFM..nope still no AF.. sigh.. and DP does not understand why I can not be around our newly pregnant, on first try friends right now.. they invited us over for dinner and I said no.. i am not ready to hear about their pregnancy right now.. 

In other news we are going to a foster-adopt orientation on thursday night ..it is our plan to go that route if we do not get pregnant...DP really wants us to just adopt.. I am not ready to give up TTC yet.. 

Hi everyone else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycip View Post

Sotohana- Sorry it didn't work out this time.  It can work the first time and it would be awesome if it did, but it's disappointing when it doesn't.

Cananny- Thanks for the new thread.  Here's to a fruitful April!

AFU- I won't be graduating this week.  I started feeling crampy and spotting yesterday and AF was here this morning.  2 days early too!  I don't know what happened.  Our timing was great.  My progesterone was good but my LP was shorter.  That's not an improvement.  It stinks.  I felt like everything went right for us to be successful this month.  Maybe I have to do everything wrong to make it go right.  We had a cry and a cuddle this morning and then went for breakfast.  We'll have to come up with a plan for this next cycle. 

grouphug.gif   AND  dust.gifto all!

#16 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM

HI EVERYONE!!!

Checking in at 7 DPO.  I'll be POAS Tuesday morning simply because I can't stand the suspense and want to find out as soon as I am able to.  Haven't had ANY 2WW symptoms, so maybe that it a positive sign since the other BFN cycles I did feel stuff.  With uterus area feeling ultra quiet, it makes me feel a little disconcerting.  One thing I did feel different from the other cycles though, was weird nausea at 4 DPO.  Too early???  Probably..  :/  I can't believe it is only 7 DPO for us, this seems like the LONGEST 2WW EVER!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#17 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Esee~ I know the feeling...I'm 6dp3dft, and time is moving kinda slow. My last IVF cycle I felt all of these cramps and stuff...(probably just gas...lol). This time around nothing...NOTHING! I'm even taking double the amount of PIO each night, but nothing crazy going on with me. So, so sad...irked.gif.

AFM~  don't know if I will POAS this week or wait till next week...my first beta is 4/5/2012...but my RE doesn't give results after the 1st beta...so I won't find out from them until after my 2nd Beta on 4/10/2012. I just hate seeing that blank space on a negative pregnancy test staring back at me...ugh...greensad.gif.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

#18 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Angela: Aww, poor DD :( Did you manage to talk to her about it? That must be hard.

Cananny: C'mon AF! (Future) Mama needs you!!!

sotohana: Bah, sorry about AF :(

pokey: Ugh for an early AF! I have been meaning to ask...I didn't know clomid increased your progesterone...is that because you ovulate "stronger"? Have you tried B6 for a lengthened LP?

Allison: Has your DP tried drinking green tea? It is apparently amazing for ewcm. Also, you can buy preseed via the early pregnancy tests website - they ship to Canada. I order all my 'stuff' from them. Great prices and good service. I use preseed every time even though I have copious amount of ewcm anyway. I figure it can't help! And awesome news that your tests checked out :)

esenbee: I think nausea at 4dpo is a bit early to be pregnancy related but you never know.

Afm: We're back from Vegas! Good trip with ups and downs. AF is tapering off so that seems to be on track. I'm back to acupuncture on Tuesday and will start chinese herbs again - I had taken a break the last month or so. If I get pregnant this time the baby would be due on December 31st! DD was due January 3 but was born December 30st :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#19 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Can you add me to the waiting to be ready list?

#20 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Cananny: I feel for you. I think we should start a campaign for you to get your period. Have you thought about starting to try different things. I just googled "try to induce your period" and there were tons of hits...(of course there are tons of hits for everything..I know this). Perhaps there is some good idea there. I totally understand feeling too sensitive to be hanging with your friends right now, do you think they understand where you are coming from?

Angela: Awh it's so cute that DD is so excited for you to be pregnant but it is sad that she got so upset when you told her that you are not pregnant yet. The ttc process is complicated enough for adults. I can't imagine trying to navigate and guide a child through that process too. My heart goes out to you guys. 

Sotohana: Sorry for the BFN. It such a great disappointment. Are you guys planning to do anything differently next cycle? P.S. love your wedding photo. What beautiful dresses!!!

Hopeful and Gelly:Hope everything is going well as you guys settle into your tww!

Pokey: Sorry to hear about the early visitor. So rude of her to not call and let you know that she was coming. I hope you are doing ok. Hugs to you and DW.  Is this the first time for a a short LP? If not have you thought about progesterone?

Allison: It's interesting that you are showing all these fertile signs. Do you think that this is new or that you are simply more aware of it due to you two paying such close attn to DW's fertile signs? I have heard that evening primrose is helpful for bringing on great EWCM (which reminds me I need to put it on my grocery list). 

Essenbee2: I know that the tww can be so torturous! I don't think that not having many sx right now is a bad thing. My lesbo friend who got pregnant in October didn't have any sx the cycle she got pregnant and she was really surprised by her BFP just bc she didn't have any sx. Fingers crossed that you experience what my friend experienced.

AFM: Let me first say that I'm sorry for being lame and absent from the March thread the last few days of the month.  I had all intentions of posting and closing off the month as threadkeeper but life intervened several times. Here is a quick run down: on weds night I checked in with my sister and wished her well at her first u/s the next day (at 6 weeks bc they say she is high risk). I found out she was going alone and I felt so bad about this that I volunteered to go with her. She was so thankful and sensitive to me, but something in me said "go be there for your sister..she needs you" so I did.  I was fine. The u/s was uneventful at the time but apparently the next day my sis's doc called her and said that something might be wrong but they didn't know for sure and wouldn't know until the next appt. This news really hit me hard. I feel so bad for her and any of the jealousy I felt just two weeks ago has slowly faded. 

In addition to that I am facing somewhat of a weird health crisis...for the past two weeks or so I've been having strange ringing in both ears with some vertigo. At this point it's getting pretty annoying. I'm waiting to get in to see the ENT doc for the first time a week from now and ofcourse all the what ifs I looked up on the internet have really been freaking me out.  My primary care physician put me on prednisone in the meantime and since being on it for the past few days i don't really noticing it helping with anything. 

Other than that DW and I talked to another potential donor on friday night via Skype...We decided that we are going to try to use another guy for this upcoming cycle...which incidentally has already started. I'm currently CD4. So I will hopefully try to do the first insem next weekend..bc I've been Oing typically on day 12 or day 13 in the past few months. So Cananny would you pls put from taking a break to waiting to O? thank you much!

I hope everyone has a great start to their week. Baby dust to all.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#21 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM

Carmen: Yeah I'm glad your body is doing what you want it to. Welcome back from vacay. I know I always need a vacation after vacationing in Vegas. I hope you time to settle back in.

BByHipr:Welcome.gifHope your stay is short and sweet. Tell us about yourself.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#22 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Hopeful- dust.gif for your TWW!

Pokey- that sounded just like our day! Did it feel good to get the crying out? I know that I always feel so much better after I cry. I've got my fx that next cycle is it for you and your DW too.

Allison- that was hilarious to read about your 12" long tendrils! lol.gif I don't know if it's something that is happening vicariously to me or not. I think I may just generally have lots of fertile cm. It comes like clockwork too now that I'm tuned into it. I'm always like "yep. I'm probably fertile cause I'm super creamy and this is the one day per month that I want to have sex." lol! Also- yay for your test results!

Cannany- it totally makes sense that you don't want to give up trying yet. Still, the foster-to-adopt orientation might be a good way for you to see with your heart that other options do exist. I also really want to foster-to-adopt someday, but definitely want us each to give birth at least once too. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you :)

Esenbee- totally! Our tww felt like a frickin' eternity! Here's to your remaining time flying by! What are you doing to distract yourself?

Gelly- I've got my fx that the lack of signs is a good thing for you! Take care of yourself, Miss. Sending you tons of dust.gif

AFU- Our day was remarkably similar to Pokey's. Even though AF came last night I still wanted DW to POAS. I had patiently waited (okay, not so patiently waited) 12 days for that test and I didn't want to give up the experience of testing. She graciously tested and as expected it was negative. We both just kinda brushed it off with trite reminders that we'd keep on trying. So, we went to breakfast and then to church and then grocery shopping and by the time we came home I just hadn't brushed off the funk. I never go in the bedroom and close the door when DW and I are home together, but that's all I wanted to do. So, I lay in there playing on my phone and just sort of zoning out when DW came in to check on me and as soon as she laid down to hold me I burst into tears... She should not be the one consoling me, but she just has this way. I love that woman so damn much. It's just so hard, you know? I want more than anything in the whole world to be able to give this to her because she wants it so bad and has been wanting it so bad for so long and because she will be the best mother in the whole world. *Sigh*

So, we move forward to next month. While we were on the way to breakfast we had a conversation about what we'd do next cycle and agreed to not do any interventions- no clomid, no ultrasounds, no trigger shots. Just the OPKs and insem at our lovely Alma center. I'm feeling good about it. Maybe this will be the trick to just let her body take its natural course. Afterall, both her FSH and estradiol were in the excellent range. It was only her AMH that was low. 

#23 of 266 Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Carmen- Welcome back and fx for you!

BByHIPr- Welcome to the group! Hope you find lots of support and and that your stay is short and sweet :)

Invitin- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I'll keep her in my prayers and you too that you get some answers from your ENT. I bet it's nothing big. Dr. Google always freaks me out too. Baby dust for you this cycle as well!

#24 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 AM

invitn, just chiming in to say that I had similar ear ringing and vertigo (accompanied by almost "fainting"). I had 3 episodes in about a month. I had a battery of tests: they checked my arteries via u/s, I had a tilt table test, and also did some treadmill thing while I was all hooked up to stuff. everything came back normal. on a whim, the doc decided to order b/w to check for vit D... I was scary low, like 4 or something. I was ordered to take 6000 iu daily and I went on to get pg the next cycle (m/c) and then again the next cycle we tried (3 months later). I haven't had an ear ringing/"dizzy" spell since! idk if it was the D3 or switch to IUI or just chance but I certainly feel like it could have helped me get pg so quickly after my levels went up. I think I read something (its hard to remember, it's already been almost 2 years!) that low vit D can inhibit getting pg, but you might research for yourself. any way, I digress... I suggest you have your D3 checked, or at the very least start taking lots of vit D3, it can't hurt, I don't think you can OD on it, really. G/L! I hope you figure it all out!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#25 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 06:19 AM

invitn: I hope everything goes well for your sister. She's fortunate you are there to support her :) Have you ever had ringing in your ears and vertigo before? I was diagnosed with "Meniere's Disease" a long time ago and the symptoms are the same. I didn't get the ringing though - just severe vertigo. I started seeing my chiropractor at the same however and he said a lot of back/neck issues mimic Meniere's. Anyway, after some treatment and a diet change (no/little sodium is the suggested diet for Meniere's) it finally went away. It comes back sometimes but a few trips to my chiropractor and it's gone again. I'm not actually convinced it was Meniere's even though I had the testing done...it may have just been my back or neck. Not trying to freak you out....just something to explore if it doesn't go away!

sotohana: I hope less intervention is the ticket for you and DP. Good luck!

Afm: CD8 and AF is still here this morning. Tapering off as I said but it's usually completely gone by now. I have a busy, busy week at work after being away last week. Maybe I'll O Easter weekend...DD was conceived on Easter weekend 2009 :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#26 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM

pokey & soto - sorry to hear that AF arrived, cycle buddies. i'm so bummed! the 12/12/12 posse is not in the cards. 

carmen - hopefully acupuncture can help shift your body into the right place for your next cycle. i hope you have another easter-conceived baby!

allison/darthqueentuna - I have heard about taking mucinex to increase ewcm, but I don't know what the actual protocol would be. I have had the good fortune to be sick around O and took Mucinex 2xDay for 2 days before and 1 day after O, which I really think increased the CM production. If you google clomid + mucinex, I'm sure Dr. Google can tell you 50 different protocols for it!

Cananny - It feels weird to say this, but I wish AF would hurry up for you! 

invitn - hope the new donor is the ticket to your bfp!

sorry if i missed anyone... this thread moved a lot since the last time i checked. 

AFM- 12 dpo. my temps are still up way over my coverline (they dropped on 12dpo last month) but I got a ( - ) FRER this morning. I'm feeling pretty hopeless for this cycle but, well, no AF yet. I can get a medal for my nice long LP even if I don't get a take-home baby. :( I woke up at like 3am this morning so I had extra time before work to cry and have a hissy fit! It is very convenient to have insomnia at 12 DPO so I have time for my theatrics. I also spent an hour on FF looking at the chart gallery of hundreds of people who got negative test results on 12 dpo & positive on 13 dpo, but I just don't think it's me this month. I have a blood test tomorrow morning, which I am inclined to skip b/c I don't want to: 

1. pay for it when I don't think I'm pregnant.

2. get a phone call from the world's most condescending nurse telling me i'm not pregnant.

I doubt I will get AF before tomorrow at 8:30am, so... I'm undecided about what I'll do. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#27 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

AF arrived with a vengeance this weekend, and after bleeding more than I've EVER bled for two and a half days, I went in to the RE this morning for my CD3 check and just found out that my beta was 50. So, they think I may have an ectopic. I have to go in on Wednesday morning for another beta, and if it's the same or higher, I get to take the shot.

Words can not describe how upset and angry I am right now.

Mother to one dd .
#28 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Cananny- I will be happy to send AF over to your house ASAP!  Let's hope she makes the short trip ok.  I hope your foster-adopt orientation goes well.  Who knows, you could start the process and get pregnant and end up with several kids!

Allison- Yeah on the tests coming back perfect!  I hope your ultrasound goes well too and that you don't end up bruised and battered. 

esenbee-  Perhaps no news is good news in this situation.  I hope the lacks of symptoms turns out to be a good thing!  The wait is torture!  I hope you get some answers tomorrow and good luck!

gellybeangrl- Fingers crossed for you!

Carmen- Have fun at acupuncture!  I just dropped off my empty containers for new herbs today.  Clomid is prescribed to increase progesterone.  I don't totally understand it but it does kind of produce "stronger" follicles that become a better corpus luteum to produce more progesterone.  I suppose having more than one would be helpful too.  It seemed to work for me because my progesterone level was great last week.  It just didn't seem to last long enough.  My normal LP is 12-13 days.  I have been taking Vitex for a while and that evened out my cycles.  I have seen several people on here mention B-6.  I assume there is some in my prenatal, but would it help to take more?  I might try it this month.

BByHIPr-  Welcome!  I hope your stay is short and sweet.  Good luck to you!

Sotohana- Thank you.  I'm sorry you are going through this too.  I actually cried more on Saturday the day before AF came.  I had a little meltdown when we were grocery shopping for a ham for Easter.  It sounded so unappetizing to me.  I was hoping my stomach being off and me being so emotional were positive signs. It seemed silly to have a ham bring on my freak out.  Oh well. 

mrsandmrs-So sorry to hear about the BFN cycle buddy, but I'm still holding out some hope for tomorrow!  I'm sorry we won't be in the 12-12-12 club with Sotohana.  That would have been fun.  Here's to some new year's babies!

rs11- I'm so sorry!  That sounds much more difficult to deal with than a negative.  I will be keeping you in my thoughts.  I wish there was something I could do.  What does the shot do?  Are you having any pain?

AFU- And to answer your question Invitn, my doctor wanted to try the Clomid to raise my progesterone before using a supplement. I emailed her yesterday and she already wrote me back and said she is going to order a prescription for progesterone for me to take for 14 days after I ovulate this month.  I hope this does the trick.  My LP is not normally this short.  It is usually 12-13 days.  My progesterone was good this month but it seemed like a switch flipped and things went wrong.  My breasts were sore this month in a way that they are not normally sore for PMS.  My tummy was off and I had some headaches.  On Friday my temperature dropped a good bit, but I googled it and they said it could be an implantation dip, so I felt better.  The next day my temp went back up above the coverline but my breasts were remarkably less tender.  I was emotional and my stomach still felt off but then I started feeling crampy and spotting.  The next day AF came 2 days early.  I wonder if I conceived but there was an implantation issue because everything seemed fine until 10DPO.  I wish I knew what was going on. 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#29 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Rs11- I am so sorry to hear that. Did they do an u/s? Why are they thinking ectopic? Because of all the bleeding? Hugs to you...

Gelly

#30 of 266 Old 04-02-2012, 01:38 PM

oh goodness, RS. I hope you're okay. Keep us posted. That is so frustrating.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page