Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - April, May, June! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 671 Old 06-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rainbow- I will definitely be thinking of you all tomorrow. Best of luck, and I hope that your birth is peaceful and beautiful, even if not what you had anticipated. No matter what, I know having your baby in your arms is going to be amazing. Can't wait to hear news!

AFM- still pregnant! Tomorrow is my due date and ever since I got pregnant I've been guessing I'd give birth either today or tomorrow. It's 4:30 pm today and still no signs of imminent baby, so it's not likely today. I'm less sore the last couple of days than I was the few days before that, actually. I think I had overstretched when I did some yoga or did something to my sciatic nerve while picking up my two year old or something. No back pain and very little sciatic nerve pain now. Just continuing to stay well-rested, hydrated, etc. and hoping baby comes soon.

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#602 of 671 Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 PM

rainbow - thinking of you tomorrow! many many blessings on you and DP and your LO!

KSdoula - will also be thinking about you! Happy due date day tomorrow, I wouldn't be at all surprised if your spidy senses have been right all along about the birth :)

would be awesome to celebrate two births tomorrow! :)

Nos - I haven't been around since you shared about your LO. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your twin. I'm glad you have escaped the horror gyny and have found a midwife that respects your family. I hope things come together with your caregivers respecting your decisions for your birth. How many weeks are you now?

seraf - I've been checking the photos on your blog every once and a while. Looks like chaotic beauty there. What does sleep look like at your house? Wish we lived closer so we could give sara a hand during the day sometimes. Really bummed that I am not close enough to visit all of you at pride.

dandy - are you going to the greet at victoria park in july? we are going to try and make it - it would be awesome to meet!

it was on the facebook page for queer parents in kw/guelph

isa - how is E? Sage is rolling with purpose, grabbing things to chew on. She is chewing on everything these days. She especially loves to chew on her clothes and my shoulder. She is really communicating with her face and coos and cries.

Question for ECers. Sage is crying when she has to pee. I couldn't figure this out at first. She was crying and kicking her legs, but not gas or hungry so I tried putting her on Z' potty seat and she peed and smiled. I thought maybe fluke, but she is definately communicating when she wants to pee. She refuses the breast, kicks her legs, whines. When I put her on she pees immediately and smiles at me, even giggles.

SO WHAT NOW? I wasn't really planning on ECing. And I kinda find it overwhelming, but gratifying. She loves it. or seems to! and kinda demands it right now. Are there any good resources? Will she eventually get distracted and stop communicating? how can I make it easier to get her undressed? she seems to be able to hold it - which really astounds me. I thought you developed that later??? Do EC babies get crankier at night when they pee in diapers? what about car trips? Does Shay still EC now that he is moving around?

I did this a bit with Z, mostly because her poops were like clockwork and we loved avoiding the poopy cloth diaper. But it faded out as she started crawling. Mostly because we didn't do much about it. Would love to learn more.

- hi to planet, dessert, justrose, everyone I missed!!! Library? are you off on the queen mary or still around?

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#603 of 671 Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Rainbow- sending you much love and many blessings for your birth tomorrow! I cannot wait to hear the good news!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#604 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 05:24 AM

Brite, thinking about you today. I know that all will be well, and you'll soon be holding your sweet daughter in your arms. Much love to the three of you.

KS, thinking about you too. Happy due date! I'm just gonna hang out and wait... lurk.gif

OMOM, yep to the meet 'n' greet! It would be great to meet in person, and to meet your little ones. I'm the only Clare in that group. Feel free to add me on FB!

Desert, those are gorgeous booties, and a wonderful story to go with them! We need an updated belly pic too!

Nos, I'm sorry you're not finding the support network over there for your parenting choices. We're always here for you!! And that's great news about the political scene! Here's to people everywhere finally getting their rights!

Sorry, I'm on the run, so I know I've missed a bunch of personals.  I hope you're all doing well!  The conversation about donors is really interesting and one for me to tuck away for later.  I also received my copy of What Makes A Baby and love it!! I love the open-ended questions and the illustrations.  AFM, I did my GD 1 hour test a couple of days ago. No results yet, but I'm hoping it was all good. I felt like crap all day afterwards, which was weird, and I had a 2-hour afternoon nap, which must have been some sort of sugar crash. Blech! Otherwise, tons of energy and feeling good. :)

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#605 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi everyone! No time for personals—one day I’ll be back at work and have time to sit still again!
Oh, but KS and Brite—I’m thinking of you both—I hope you both have wonderful births!
E is lovely and snoozing on me. We had her first round of shots on Wednesday, which was sad for her—and possibly sadder for us. She’s been cranky and a little feverish for the past couple days, but seems to be feeling better today. I hope she’s back to 100% by this afternoon because her new best friends Shay and Soren are coming to town and she needs to be ready for them! Not rolling over yet, but definitely talking to us and she started a new game where she pouts and when you touch her little lip and ask why she’s so sad she breaks into a huge grin until she can get it together to pout again and start over.
Today I’m looking at 2 daycares (I saw one yesterday) and hopefully by the end of the day will know where we’re sending her in September. The whole process is so stressful (they are all over the place geographically, cost differs by almost $100 per week, different sizes, etc, etc) and feels rushed since some have waitlists and need deposits, and so on. And we’re not even looking at the fancy yuppie places where people are paying $200 nonrefundable deposits to have the honor of competing against each other for lottery spots. –sigh- I just hope it’s really obvious which is the right place so we can go to Florida and not have to worry about it.
And now for you, some pictures!

She's here! joy.gif
#606 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 06:52 AM

Rainbow, happy birth day! Give that baby a kiss for me once you get all settled down.

Ks, I hope you're in labor or done! ELV if you're working on it.

Nos, have you checked out the " finding your tribe" forums? You might find some nice locals there. You could also look for a yahoo group. API (attachment parenting international- I have no experience with them, but it says international!) and LLL might be good places to start, too. If you love AP, you'll be happy you started with it. If you hate it, you can always change. People don't need to be so dramatic. Nursing is so awesome once you get the hang of it. Baby wearing and cosleeping make nursing easier. Lol, and I call it nursing because it is so much more than feeding. Sometimes it gets a bit old that the sun rises and sets on your breasts but it's magical much of the time. And, diapering sucks. It's easier for me to run a load of laundry than load everyone up and run into town for diapers.

OMOM, Night times are good here. We moved on the bed so S would quit throwing himself off and the extra room has been lovely (full + twin). I sleep between the boys (on the crack) so I can help with diaper changes and stuff. S STTN now and doesn't pee until morning (unless I fail to put a diaper on him, then he will pee repeatedly). He does wake occasionally if s has a hard night but mostly Sara deals with s before anyone else wakes up. s wakes 1-4 times a night. He really likes to be be up against one of us. He squirms like a maniac when he needs to poop, so Sara has started pottying him at night so she can get more sleep and she just shoves him closer to me when she wants space.
EC, she sounds totally normal on that one. If you take her to the toilet when the kicking starts, you can probably skip the crying. I think they're hard wired to avoid soiling the nest. S still won't pee on me but he is happy to pee on the floor and just crawl away from the puddle. He mostly wears diapers right now because of that. When he pees, he uses a certain complaining voice and pulls up on me so I will take his wet diaper off. Babies frequently pause their signaling for a few weeks when they hit each new milestone. I offer on waking and about an hour later because he can go that long easily. We have a lot of misses, but he knows what it feels like to need to go and knows that I'm willing to take him, which are all I'm really after.
Sara has been after me to get my passport for a couple of years now. She all kinds of wants to go to Toronto again. Maybe we will get to meet you someday.

Rose, if reporting on all he is up to is bragging, keep it up. I'm glad it's getting easier. I hope your truck is feeling better and you can come visit.

Dandy, boo for the GT. I hope you feel good now.

Isa, I hope E feels better soon! That daycare situation sounds stressful. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars a week on anything. Back in the day I made less than 100 bucks a week to keep kids. I hope you find an awesome situation at the perfect place. The boys tell me they're excited to hang with E. S currently expresses his affection with teeth and claws, so this weekend will be especially fun.

A few random thoughts on being The Baba (NGP). s is a pretty chill little guy but it seems much less intense than being the main source of comfort and nutrition for a newborn. I feel like I still get quite a bit of time with him. I snuggle him at night, deal with diapers and pottying, take him for walks and hang out with him for the first wake up of the morning so Sara can sleep. He hangs out in the sling with me while I make dinner. I get to smooch his head and nuzzle his neck thousands of times a day. I give him many of his showers, massages and de-cradlecappings. I feel like I had a slow run up, partly because we have S, also and not being post partum, I was in a better place to give chase. Having my body healthy means I also had more opportunity to perfect baby wearing and baby juggling. He will take several comfort measures from me, where I felt like the other babies only liked me for my boobs sometimes. I really love that he looks like my love. I still look at S and wonder where he came from sometimes. He looks like a combination of my other kids, but I have always felt that question mark about the appearance of the babies I birthed.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#607 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Ks, I hope you're in labor or done! ELV if you're working on it.

This made me laugh! Nope, not even working on it yet! DD came two days after her due date, so I'm not really holding my breath here, but it would be nice if this one decided to come in the next few days too. I'm just sitting back and waiting for news about Rainbow! :)

#608 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM

Rainbow- We are thinking of you. Hope all is well

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#609 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Hi Ladies I come bearing not great news my C-Section was canceled this morning. The consulting surgeon did not feel 100% "comfortable" performing a C-Section because there was a so called discrepancy with my dates. Well apparently later this morning my dates were clarified by my insemination date but it is too late for my section today. Unfortunately my C-Section was moved to Monday morning. 

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#610 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM

Brite, my fingers are crossed that DD engages and labor starts naturally over the weekend!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#611 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrose13 View Post

Brite, my fingers are crossed that DD engages and labor starts naturally over the weekend!

yeahthat.gif Me too!

Just heard.... GD test was just fine! Woohoo!

OMG, Isa, I just want to eat E. up! She's soooo lovely! Sorry about daycares! I'm not looking forward to sorting that one out when it comes time. I hope you get to enjoy Florida with all of it behind you as well.

Seraf... Thanks for your thoughts on being the NGP. It's great to hear your perspective and insight. I especially love hearing that you have other ways of giving comfort aside from just the boob. DP has no hangups about being the NGP, but I'm going to share this with her because I think she'll really appreciate your thoughts.

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

#612 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 01:53 PM

Rainbow: Putting off the c-section must be stressful, but I really hope it gives your body a chance to do it naturally over the weekend.  Have you tried the pumping? (hint hint)  However it goes, best wishes!!  You should do some fun stuff this weekend--movies?

Nos: Holy crap--hundreds of lesbians and no discussion of b-feeding?! And I thought Americans were hostile to AP.  I was mildly into AP w/Z and much more into it with L, and I can't tell you how much more relaxed and happy I am this time.  Part of the difference is age/experience, but much of it is parenting style.  It is so much work to get obsessed with schedules, bottles, cribs, etc., when you can use slings, cosleeping, and nursing to just keep the baby close, fed, and happy.  It isn't that simple, of course, but...well...maybe it is. wink1.gif   Stick with your instincts, and let us support you however we can.  As for babywearing, it is very comfortable if you do it right (ie, not using a Bjorn).  Sorry you are getting so much flak already from people you care about.  Sigh.  Definitely check out Attachment Parenting International, LLL, and Baby Wearing International (though I'm not sure how international BWI really is).  There are facebook communities for all these organizations that have wonderful support.

Dandy: Way to go on the GTT!  Nice to have that behind you.

Isa: Can't wait to see you tomorrow.  As all of you poor people (who have to listen to me whine) know, daycare is the hardest, hardest part of parenting for me, and I really hope you find something you love quickly and get it easily. 

KS: Come on, baby!  Your parents want to meet you, and your carrier is ready for the birth!

Mami: Really hope to meet you and your family tomorrow.

Rose: Is the car fixed  yet?  Come to the baby pride party!

OMom: Wish I had more time at the moment to help a bit. We do EC only a little bit...less than we used to, unfortunately.  I think you can just take her when she tells you she needs to go.  She may not wake you up to go at night...if she does, Shay makes it sound like she'll be able to hold it in a few months.  There are lots of resources on the web.  I find the easiest clothes to be those without snaps, even pants.  Gowns are obviously easiest, but she is probably getting old for those.  Good for you for identifying and responding to her signals!  Amazing that she communicates so clearly.  Babies are incredible.

AFM: I'm getting some decent revisions done, but not quickly enough. I have a two-day workshop I'm giving in IN on Monday and Tuesday and am getting paid well enough (for once) to bring Jaimie (L's sitter/nanny) with me so that L is in good hands while I'm teaching and with me overnight. I'm looking forward to it, actually. I'll be teaching a bunch of young women college students from SE Asia, W Africa, and the Middle East.  I'm sure I'll learn as much as they do. 

Lilah is saying her name!  We've suspected for a while, but now it is quite clear.  Z is doing great at camp.  Postcards and online pics suggest that she is having a blast. The pics are making me nostalgic for camp and for childhood in general.  I'm SO SO grateful that I get to experience it all (in that vicarious way) again with L. Had a babywearing play date earlier today and got to lust after other people's beautiful wraps.  My birthday is next week, and I'm getting a limited edition deep green wrap with ferns. To the extent that I have a personal symbol of sorts, it is a fern.  I'm so excited about the wrap.  Lilah is much happier these days being wrapped and carried in slings, buckle carriers, etc.  femalesling.GIF 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#613 of 671 Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Brite - Sending you lots of strength & good thoughts!  I'm so sorry to hear about all the anxiety you are experiencing; it sounds hard.  I can only imagine that having to wait three more days won't make it any easier for you.  Hang in there!  And who knows, maybe this sweet baby will decide to engage over the weekend.  Either way, I wish you health, strength, and as much as ease as humanly possible!  I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby!!!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#614 of 671 Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Just for fun... 40 weeks, 1 day today. Baby is still on the inside. 

IMG_3905.jpg

#615 of 671 Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Love the cute little naked bum in the way-background! You look FABULOUS!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#616 of 671 Old 06-24-2012, 01:01 PM

KS: You look awesome! Hope that little one is thinking about making an appearance sometime soon.  I'm with Starling--your DD's little tush in the background is adorable. 

Brite: Thinking about you and excited for you to meet your little girl tomorrow.  Best wishes to you!!

Mami and Seraf and Sara and Isa: I'm proud of all of us for getting our acts and babies together yesterday.  Thanks for hosting, Isa, and to Seraf and Sara for the big schlep out here.  Mami: All three of the kids seemed to do really well. So glad you could make it! Rose and MizYellow: Missed you--next time!  Lilah did well but got fried by 2pm, so we had to leave before I felt ready.  She was asleep within 3 minutes of hitting the car seat.  That was a lot to take in! 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#617 of 671 Old 06-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Isa- Sending many thanks to you and your DP for giving us the opportunity to come face to face with all the wonderful ladies and babies. We had a great time and I loved that you live down the block from my old home. E is beautiful and we look forward to seeing you more often.

Ahope- It was great to  finally meet you and your DW. L is adorable and we look forward to many play dates with her and our L. twins.gif Can't wait to do it again!

Seraf and Sara- It was great to be able to have a conversation with you sitting next to me. We were extremely surprised that L let you hold her. You should come around more often to give us a break. ROTFLMAO.gif Shay is extremely cute and mobile. We wish we could have interacted a little more with Soren but he seemed to be extremely tired and hungry. We both agree that our only disappointment was not speaking up about wanting to hold your beautiful sons'. There's always next time! fingersx.gif

KS- Nice pic! You look ready to pop!

Rainbow- We are thinking about you and DW and sending many prayers and wishes for a healthy labor and delivery. Can't wait to see your little one!

AFU: We're excited that we forced ourselves out of our comfort zone and actually went to meet up with such wonderful company yesterday. Our kids really enjoyed themselves and DS wanted to start the party off right with his cool dance moves. biglaugh.gifNow that the first encounter is behind us, it will actually be a little easier next time to hold everyone else's babies. Here's to long term friendships. We want to invite everyone who can make it to come to L's first birthday party. It is still about 5 months away but we figured you can save the date. Her birthday actually falls on Thanksgiving but we plan on celebrating it that Saturday 11-24th. Details to be discussed at a later date. For those of you that couldn't make it this weekend, here are a few pics:

pride 2012.jpg

DS and DD1 starting the dance party!!

023.JPG012.JPG

L gazing at Shay

013.JPG

016.JPG

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

#618 of 671 Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone here like From the Hips or Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga dvd? Both were recommended to me when I was pregnant, but I didn't end up finding either of them to be all that useful. (Actually that isn't entirely true: Right after our little guy was born I found two sentences in From the Hips to be very useful. They were "It's common to have some posttraumatic feelings after birth. These usually subside after a while.")

PM me your address if you want one or both of them! orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#619 of 671 Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Still pregnant. Midwife offered to strip my membranes today but I declined for now. Only three days past my due date, so I'd like to see how things progress on their own at this point. My doula did come over and do a little acupressure and essential oil therapy (plus gave me an awesome massage) to lend some gentle encouragement for baby to come out. I've been having some increasingly strong prelabor each night and when I had my exam today I'd dilated another cm to about 3 and I'm almost totally effaced, so my body is doing work. I can't imagine we're too far off, but you never know. :) I'm feeling pretty good though, so even though we are all very READY I'm not getting too impatient, I suppose.

#620 of 671 Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM

Go KS! So glad to hear that your body is doing what it's supposed to. Sending encouragement for the little one to make her appearance soon!!

Hi everyone else! I've been quietly lurking for weeks now. All is good here, S is doing well (5 months already!) and we are enjoying the summer weather here. We've had all sorts of fun this month with Pride, playdates, getting S out in the jogging stroller so I can run. I'm hoping I can join the Chicago crew for the Pride next year! More from me later...Brite, if you're reading this, I've been thinking about you and wondering how things are going! More from me later...

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#621 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 06:25 AM

Brite: Congrats on meeting your sweet babe today! I can't wait to see pics of that lovely sweet baby!

Looks like you all had a blast at pride this year! Next year I am hoping we can make it. Seeing all those babies was so sweet and neat! I am sure all the mamas had an awesome time being together in the same space. 

We had a great comfest weekend but I sure did miss the presence of like minded, wonderful women!

Ks: You look awesome! Hope your body continues to work hard and meet that little soul you have been carrying soon:)

Starling: I would love some pics of those cute kids. 

There are so many more but I have to water the garden and get going so.....

Things are wonderful here. Like Lilah, H is the worst sleeper. He falls asleep easily but wakes up ALL THE TIME. THis morning he woke up at 430 and was ready to play. I rocked him back to sleep and he screamed for 45 minutes. When he is not tired, he is so much fun! H loves to look at books, chew on chalk, and chase after the dog. He is a pro swimmer and eats everything. He still nurses about 1000 times a day when I am home but doesn't seem to need a bottle when I am at work (amazing)

Chels and I are doing well. I am starting to finally get some sort of sex drive back so naturally we are talking about next babies just so we can ruin it again. I think we are thinking to start trying next fall....... right after our wedding!! Anyone want to come plan the entire thing for me? My only requirements is that it is swimming in pink:)

And here are some pics! 1. H and I enjoying the beautiful sunset. 2. My awesome family on vacation (man in the white is my good friend, ex, and Lennon's dad) 3. We took the same pic last year except I was holding H in my belly then! 4. H at pride!

235.JPG287.JPG311.JPG375.JPG

ETA: H was in the car seat because the boat ride was long and it was the only place he could be shaded. 

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#622 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM

I'm not sure if everyone knows but I got a BFP @ 11dpo last Friday. I ended up going in today for my first beta (I didn't think I could make it in until Thursday but I found a lab open early). First beta is 184 @ 15DPO. It's quite low compared to my past pregnancies (324 and 250ish for first betas in the past). Hopefully it doubles but to tell you the truth I'm having trouble feeling positive about it.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#623 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Carmen, congrats again! Thinking about you every day and sending tons of sticky vibes! When are you going in for your next beta? 184 is still a very strong number, and it only matters that it doubles.  I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.  Keep us posted!!!

joy.gifsticky.gifsticky.gifsticky.gifjoy.gif

ETA: just quoting from another post I found: "At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml."

#624 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Yes, it is a good strong number looking at stats. I guess I'm more worried that my symptoms have almost disappeared overnight....I forgot to mention that.

#625 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 PM

**Sorry about the lack of paragraph breaks... I've put them in but my text editor keeps removing them somehow. Maybe MDC doesn't support Internet Explorer?** I love all the shots from the Chicago Pride get-together! MizYellow, your pics are great as well, especially the one of you and H against the sunset. One more person waiting to hear on news from Brite... Carmen, I can identify with being on pins and needles during the first trimester. Congratulations on conceiving and I will be keeping you & bean in my thoughts! AFU, I'm sorry we weren't able to make it to more Pride stuff this year, as I'm feeling a lack of community IRL :grumble: It seems very hard to find mother-and-baby activities around here that don't meet during the workday... I've been thinking about starting a weekend afternoon meetup for other queer WOHPs, and their families, in the area. I know there are plenty of them in Maplewood / Montclair / South Orange etc! And there's a family-friendly coffee shop in Montclair which has a big space in the back. Those of you who work outside the home (or have partners who do) - would you be interested in attending something like this in your own neighborhood? What would make it more appealing to you?
#626 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Carmen ... I've got my knee socks and pom poms and cute little skirt all ready to start cheering for you!  Say the word!  Let's hear that second beta number!  B-E-T-A Goooooo BIG BETA! 

Glasses ... I'm sorry that you're feeling adrift in real life.  I know how important our community is to us.  I would feel lost without it.  I hope that starts looking up for you.  Any chance of moving to a more closeknit, crunchy neighbourhood?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#627 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanks. I'm going in for the second beta on Thursday morning so I'll know more by Thursday afternoon.

#628 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM

Carmen, Jeeze, can't they just draw a second beta a couple of hours after the first and multiply to figure for 24 hours. I hope this is the one.

Rainbow, I hope you are doing well.

KS, thinking labor thoughts for you.

AmandaHope, it was lovely to see you. I think you've been telling us tales about L, she was charming and delightful.

Isa, thank you for everything. I hope you're having a great time in Florida.

Mami, I didn't talk much with your DW or your son but your girls seem so sweet. I meant to ask, are they bilingual? I don't think we will be able to make a party close to thanksgiving, I bet it would be great but we struggle with travel that week.

The trip was fun. The boys did pretty well. We used 65 diapers in 3 days.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#629 of 671 Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 PM

Seraf- DW was really ill and actually dragged herself out of bed to meet everyone. The whole family is bilingual but our dominant language is english. The kids really do not speak spanish although they understand it. DW and I speak spanish to one another and some family members. We used to use it when we didn't want DD1 to know what we were saying but she has become wise and picked up on the language. We are really hoping to have another chance at getting together with your family and having more of a conversation. (This time including DW and hopefully meetimg your older children) We figured travel around Thanksgiving might be hard for lots of people but we still did want to extend the invitation.

Rainbow- We are thinking of you! Hope all is well.

Library- Are you lurking? How are you and your family doing?

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

#630 of 671 Old 06-27-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone!  Brite, I hope your daughter is doing well and you're recovering nicely!  You're in our thoughts. 

I love all the pictures of the Queer Parenting get-together!  Everyone's kids are incredibly beautiful.  

Glasses, I second Starling's sadness for you about missing out on a community.  I do wish there was a more organized queer parents group here in my city - there is one, but it's lackluster at best. Maybe we'll find another family and be more involved once babe arrives.  

Carmen - my fingers are crossed so tightly for good news for you tomorrow.  Hang in there.  

KS, I hope that little girl has made her appearance already or that you're trucking along as comfortably as possible!  

AFU, our Bradley classes are nearly over.  Just one left next week.  This is a good thing, because we're both tired of going to them but we did really grow to enjoy our instructor.  DW is thirty weeks now, which just seems really effing pregnant.  Lately I've been having this niggling feeling that DD is going to come early, and I hope beyond hope I'm wrong.  DW is increasingly uncomfortable, difficulty breathing, and has been having more Braxton-Hicks contractions than I'm comfortable with... but they aren't painful, no spotting or leaking is happening so I guess things must be okay in there.  DD gets stronger by the day, and she certainly has an opinion about how things should go, LOL.  We haven't taken our most recent photos yet, and until we do I'll leave you with a picture of DW's newest trick (we were having a giant cup of frozen yogurt): 

BTO belly.JPG

ETA: June is coming to a close, and we'll soon need a new Threadkeeper!  Any of you interested?  Typically it's a pregnant woman who isn't in her first or third trimester.  Let me know! 

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page