Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - April, May, June! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#661 of 671 Old 06-29-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dandy, whoa! Congratulations to you and your DP! So glad to hear Adair is doing well, I hope the NICU stay is easy on you all.

Just a quick reminder, the late summer thread (July/August/September) needs a threadkeeper! Anybody game?

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#662 of 671 Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Dandy ...oh mama I'm so glad Adair got here safe and that's he's doing well.... Hugs and love to your little pickle .....

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#663 of 671 Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Just got to FL after a LONG road trip. Exhausted, but wanted to congratulate everyone--KS, Brite and Dandy--congrats on the births! It's amazing that among you you have started and ended so many journeys with these little babes. I hope for the best for them and you. I also love the names, and Riley is just stunning!

Crystal--I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I lived with my ex for a while after we broke up and I think it was harder than just being apart. Also, I'd guess that it's easy to put up a good front of being 'fine with it' if it makes you upset. Your DP certainly seems like she might have it in her to be a jerk, so don't take it personally. I hope you find your way back to happiness soon!

Hi to everyone else! I'm hoping to have time to actually stop in this week!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#664 of 671 Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quick FYI for everyone, nosreves PMed me and said she'd take threadkeeping, so I'll be forwarding the info on to her!  

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#665 of 671 Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Dandy- congratulations! I hope you little one is ready to come home soon! my son was in the nicu 3 weeks and they took awesome care of him.

Seraf- responsibility? well she doesnt ever watch him or anything but she never has since the first 2 weeks we brought him home, see plays with him and talks to him and aknowledges him for an hour or 2 a day. and she is still helping financially wise so thats good. and yes it does make it hard being broken up but living together. in her eyes we will be back together when the break is over so I think she is just doing what she wants until she wants to be back with me but I'm trying to make myself remember why I didnt want to be with her in the first place.

isa- she can be a jerk definitely!

Its hardest because if we lived apart I could just know it was for sure and try to get over her but with her here either we are getting along so great, or fighting about stupid stuff. I feel she isnt ready for the life we chose. Today she doesnt work and is choosing to go to the river. me and cohen are no longer invited. shows what her priorities are.

dp drove most of my friends away so i want each and every one of u to know how much i appreciate you!!!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#666 of 671 Old 07-01-2012, 03:36 AM

Okay, quick update... I'm recovering really well, much better than after my first baby. Breastfeeding is also going just fine and now that my milk is in we're transitioning to me just pumping. I wrote up my birth story and it is in my surrogacy blog. If you would like to read and you don't have the URL and password yet, please MESSAGE ME. I don't always see all the comments in the thread.

Dandy- Wow, I was surprised to see that your little guy was born so soon! Hope he is healthy and strong and doing as well as possible. Congratulations to you!

Rainbow- Your sweet babe is adorable! Congratulations and happy babymooning. :)

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#667 of 671 Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 AM

dp drove most of my friends away so i want each and every one of u to know how much i appreciate you!!!

Crystal, it's pretty amazing how your friends will COME BACK if you call them.  Tell them you miss them, that you and DP are splitting up, that you want to be friends again.  :D  I wish you the best of luck.  A friend of mine got out of a shitty relationship (more on the really incompatible side and sometimes toeing the line to abusive) and grieved for a solid 6 months (which was rather destructive, because we kept telling her it was OK to grieve, and she kept saying how happy she was, so her grieving manifested in a lot of drinking, drug use, not taking care of herself in general, etc).  

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#668 of 671 Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM

Brite - Congratulations!  She is gorgeous!!!!  I am so happy for you guys.  What a perfect name.  Welcome Riley!!!  Rest up and enjoy this precious time!

KS - I am so glad to hear you are healing up well and that the babe is doing great.  Congratulations to everybody!!!

Dandy - Woah!  I am SO FRICKING THANKFUL that the pickle and you are both doing okay.  What an intense experience.  I can't even imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you must be going through right now.  I will be thinking of you guys so much and wishing the very, very best for all of you.  Welcome to the world, little Adair!  (Awesome name, by the way).  Please rest up and take great care of yourselves and each other.  Wishing as much ease as possible for you three right now.

Crystal - The situation you are in sounds really hard.  I am really proud of you for being strong despite how heartbreaking it is right now.  Breaking up is painful, especially when you are all shacked up and share so much - history, a place to live, a baby...  But you are doing the right thing.  I've only heard a few pieces of your story here, but many of her actions have been abusive.  For example, isolating you from your friends and family and trying to make you feel guilty for taking care of your baby.  It won't be easy to split up, and of course it will be sad.  You have shared lots of good times together, and she's not a bad person, just someone with some tough issues she's not yet ready to face/deal with.  But that doesn't mean that splitting up is not the right thing.  It takes time to heal from heartbreak and move on.  It will be easier when you guys don't live together anymore and you can start to rebuild your new life.  Do you have a plan for where you or she will go?  It will still be a HUGE change that will take some time getting used to, but you are resilient and will be okay.  I agree with Darthtunaqueen, call your friends and tell them you miss them, and ask for their support.  Lean on your friends and family for support, and keep on believing in yourself and the choices you're making for you and your baby. 

Love to all of you!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#669 of 671 Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM

just back in time to start the new thread:  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357026/queer-pregnant-parenting-july-august-september#post_17031210

come on over and join us!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#670 of 671 Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 AM

Dawn Grace, EDD 4/11/13

#671 of 671 Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 AM

Welcome Dawn! This is an older thread. Please come visit the newer thread and tell us more about yourself.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page