Mothering Forum banner

Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - April, May, June!

38K views 670 replies 46 participants last post by  seraf 
#1 ·
Welcome queer, pregnant and parenting folks!

This is the spring and early summer thread for the months of April, May, and June.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant - due dates:

June 2012

MumQuest, EDD June 5

July 2012
Go_Vegan

August 2012
DesertSunsets, EDD August 31

September 2012

Vienna

Planet, EDD September 30

October 2012

MidwifeStephPDX, EDD late October

November 2012

MujerMamaMismo, EDD 11/11/12

December 2012

junebug1, EDD 12/1/12

nosreves (twins!), EDD 12/19/12

mtnlisa, EDD 12/31/12

February 2013

whoabethy

Graduates

dandylez, Adair Seamus, born 6/28/2012

KSDoulaMama, surro-babe, born 6/27/2012

SwtRainbowBrite, Riley Sophia, born 6/25/2012

PleasantlyFurious, Zoe Aurora, born 6/22/2012

SmilingSara & Seraf, Soren Dare, born 5/2/2012

PrettyIsa, Edith Josephine, born 4/18/2012

Ad Astra, boy/girl twins, born 4/11/2012

Onemommyonemama, Sage S., born 3/21/2012

Qmama42, baby girl, born 1/18/2012

Indigo and DP, baby girl A, born 1/8/2012
CrystalPerez, Cohen Anthony Perez born 12/12/11

glassesgirlnj, Annamaria Sigyn Estelle, born 11/28/11
Mami2mami, Layla Janae born 11/22/11
DAWNMP1, Raya Sylvan, born 11/10/11
2ezforyou, Jagger Stone, born 11/2/11
Seraf and SmilingSara: Shay Brock, born 11/1/11
Escher: Son, born 10/24/11
Julietea8: Rowan Kathryn, born 10/16/11
Starling&Diesel: Hawksley Solace, born 10/2/11
AmyPDX: Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11
AmandaHope: Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11
Pigirl: Son, born 7/22/11
Mizyellow: Harrison, born 7/20/11
Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11
Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11
Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11
2HappyMamas: Baby, born 4/16/11
Bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11
LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11
Wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11
Gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11
Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11
Burg: Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11
Korey: Baby girl T, born 1/30/11
Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 1/30/11
Abeecharmer: Twin girls, born 1/10/11
Mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10
Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10
Erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10
Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10
Quasar & Smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10
Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
Megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
Mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
Jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
Ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
Pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
Kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
Wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
Kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
Babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/09.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
Ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/09
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/09
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/09
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/09
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/09
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/09
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/09
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/09
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/09
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/09
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/09
Simcon: G, born 12/28/08
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/08
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/08
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/08
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/08
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/08
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/08
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/08
Mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/08
Kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/08
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/08
Rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/08
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/08
Thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/08
Mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/08
Msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/08
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/08
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/08

Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon

TineyDreams

Carmen

Alphahen

Baby.fatty
Lisedea
Kgulbransen
Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#152 ·
Crystal- I'm so sorry you are going through such a bad situation. I can't even imagine!!!! keep your chin up... I love that you moved to the couch to take care of your lil guy, your a good mom. I don't want you to think that I am bad talking your DP but I think she may have some jealousy issues. She is being very selfish by not thinking of Cohen when it comes to breast feeding. That is the best thing for him right now especially given the fact that he was a premature baby. As far as DP having you and her son sleep on the couch that is beyond me. I will not write what I am thinking because I'm trying very hard not to curse on mothering! I would have made DP a permanant bed on the sofa so that she doesn't have to worry about Cohen on the bed. There are definitely some things that DP is refusing to say out loud to you and by doing this she is making your relationship and co-parenting toxic. Keep your head up and keep being the best mom you can be. Cohen needs you a little more than DP does at this moment.

#153 ·
We had our growth scan today. Baby is looking great. He is measuring about 6lbs 6 oz but they said that's give or take a pound. He is projected to grow about 1/2 a pound a week for the next few weeks. My group b strep test was negative and I'm super thrilled! They also checked me today and I'm 1cm dilated and my cervix is nice and soft.

My folks are coming down this weekend and I heard talk of trying to coax the little guy out.

Oh yes, and I had the tech do a check just to make sure we still have a boy cooking. So many people have been telling me about how they know someone who was told they were having one sex and the baby came out the other. I also have been paranoid about it the whole time since we found out. HAHA!

Library: when the school year ends, can we do something to the mean girl and her posse?!

Isa: I wont say a word on FB. Hope things are going well. ELV's to you my dear!

Desert: I officially suck. I was supposed to mail your fetoscope Friday and keep forgetting. I'm terribly sorry!

#154 ·
Oh, Crystal, I have definitely slept on the couch with babies but it's considered unsafe. When I've done it, I keep the baby on the outside because falling, IMO, is safer than smothering. I'm sure you're watching ou for your guy, but I wanted to mention the safety issue(sorry, I'm usually the least safe girl on here).

#155 ·
Thank you all so much for the support. I really was feeling like maybe I was in the wrong. We had another arguement today (of course!) and I feel like she has reasons to why she is how she is they just arent GOOD reasons. She moved to Sac from San Jose to be with me, some of her family is there and some is in the Marysville area (all 1.5-2.5 hours away) and she misses her family a lot and feels like my family takes over because they see him a lot more than her family does. My family is SO welcoming to her and she just doesnt care, they arent "her family". So that is her reason to why she doesnt want me seeing my mom all the time.

Someone asked about intimacy, we didnt have sex for about 2 months after I had him. after that we started doing it about 1-2 times a week but I still cant really handle penatration even with lube, it is just uncomfortable. until about 3 weeks ago my mom and sisters would take him overnight for one day over the weekend every other weekend so me and DP could have some "us" time. I always feel guilty towards the end of the night and the first few times I only got 3 or 4 hours of sleep because I wanted to go pick him up early (we would go to bed late). One time I lost my pump so I had to go get him earlier than she wanted and she was so mad. she feels we cant be without him and me not bring him up. she says I'm obsessed with him. its possible she doesnt mean a lot of this and just says it out of anger but I dont know.. and I think that the lack of intimacy is part of her not wanting me to bf, she said my body is his now and he's always attached to me. she says when she sees me feed him i gaze at him lovingly and rub his head and i never pay attention to her.

Yesterday I asked her if she thought we should go on a break and she was real upset. Today she decided we should meet eachother in the middle. Thats fine if the middle is me bf until he is a year old and me seeing my mom whenever the F I want to =]

Krista-So good to hear from you! One of the first things I did when I got on here was check to see where you are at on your TTC journey. kmfx for you as always =]

isa thanks for taking the time to write me! ELVs to you!!!!!

grouphug.gif
thanks ladies!

#157 ·
Hello ladies I have not posted on here much as this pregnancy has been so filled with anxiety I did not feel I had much to add on the positive note... but I finally do. I thought those of you who remember me from QC might want to hear about the early but safe arrival of our "double rainbow"
rainbow1284.gif
rainbow1284.gif
Our boy/girl twins arrived at 35 weeks on April 11. We are so relieved and overjoyed. They are doing extremely well for preemies and only need to work on feeding to go home from NICU. They were good size for GA at 6.5 and 5.5 lbs respectively. None of our friends and family knew we were expecting twins and are over the moon with the double blessing.

Nos- just in case you are wondering my betas were really high and doubling quickly. We saw two heart beats at our 6 week u/s! Good luck J

Isa- I'm sorry about not waiting my turn ELV to you my friend.

#158 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad astra View Post

Hello ladies I have not posted on here much as this pregnancy has been so filled with anxiety I did not feel I had much to add on the positive note... but I finally do. I thought those of you who remember me from QC might want to hear about the early but safe arrival of our "double rainbow"
rainbow1284.gif
rainbow1284.gif
Our boy/girl twins arrived at 35 weeks on April 11. We are so relieved and overjoyed. They are doing extremely well for preemies and only need to work on feeding to go home from NICU. They were good size for GA at 6.5 and 5.5 lbs respectively. None of our friends and family knew we were expecting twins and are over the moon with the double blessing.

Nos- just in case you are wondering my betas were really high and doubling quickly. We saw two heart beats at our 6 week u/s! Good luck J

Isa- I'm sorry about not waiting my turn ELV to you my friend.
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and your DP and hurray for healthy babies!! Thanks for the update and I hope you get to take your little ones home soon :)

#159 ·
Ad astra: Congratulations I am so happy for you and your DP!! Thank you for the update and I would love to see some pics and hear your birth story

Sara: I have also heard the ultrasounds late in pregnancy can be off by as much as a pound so I wouldn't sweat it, you body was made to push little Soren out
love.gif

Crystal: Everyone has already given you a lot of great advice and as a therapist I don't want to give you too much of my opinion, but I would def take your DP's actions into consideration and as many others have posted I would recommend counseling for the both of you, it sounds as though she has some serious deep seated issues surrounding you and the relationship you have with "your
" son and her ideology/beliefs are quite disturbing, and although I am not there in your relationship a lot of this points to signs of verbal abuse and a controlling relationship. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM and I def agree with the suggestions of keeping items at other people's homes and keeping copies of all important documents in the event things get physically violent and you need to get out quickly. I LOVE the pics of little Cohen he is so adorable and I am so happy you checked in I was just thinking about you the other day!

Isa: I am now totally stalking you and I am on BABYWATCH!! Have you tried the famous "Labour Tea" yet?

Library: I am so happy to hear that you are not in prison for beating up the Mean Girl, but I am equally happy that you are getting out of there soon! I am thankful that you and the family were kept safe during the storms last week!

Junebug:YAY for a heartbeat!!

wave.gif
to anyone that I missed I am not in the right headspace today

AFM: When they say it rains it pours, or that "tragedies come not in single spies but in battalions" they were true. I know that has been a couple of weeks since I posted but I have been having a really hard time with the major change in my birth plan. To refresh everyone's memories I was diagnosed with GD (gestational diabetes), and was risked out of my homebirth by my midwifery practice. My care was turned over to the local teaching hospital where I was informed last week that basically I would have a time frame of going into labor on my own between 36 weeks (which they feel is full term...... WTF?!?!?) and 37 weeks and if I don't I will be having my repeat C-Section scheduled for 28 weeks.
Cuss.gif
Needless to say we have been trying to get the hell out of their care, so we are in the process of interviewing CNMs to try and deliver at a VBAC friendly hospital/birth center here in town. On the subject of my sugars, thanks to the diet I have lost 7 pounds and my sugars are looking amazing yet my Dr is still trying to shove Metformin down my throat
hopmad.gif
To add insult to injury to my already fragile state, we had a growth ultrasound yesterday so that my Dr could make sure I was 30 weeks along, and when we went in for clinic today they informed me that the baby has an enlarged heart! We have already had several growth ultrasounds and an echocardigram 4 weeks ago and everything looked great and now all of sudden we have this issue. For those who don't know my backstory, I had a daughter with a rare congenital heart defect that she passed away from so this has been a major trigger for me today. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse we got some awful heartbreaking news from my brother in law, I am placing this in a spoiler because it may be trigger provoking and pregnant mamas may not want to read.

[SPOILER=Trigger Warning: Stillborn Infant]

Today after we got the information about our daughter's heart we were on our way home when my brother in law called my wife and said that he had bad news. When thought it was something small like he had lost his job or in the worse case scenario was that a family member had passed, but we never expected to hear that their baby passed away this afternoon. His girlfriend was 36 weeks pregnant, they had a Dr. appt this afternoon and they could not find the heartbeat. We are not quite sure yet what happened, but what we do know is that she will have to be induced and birth her sleeping son. We are all devastated and I had an emotional breakdown. It is so hard because our babies were only due 7 weeks apart from each other and we had made plans to come to Ohio for Thanksgiving so the babies could meet each other. We had just spoke with them last week and we talked to the baby on the phone and they had talked our daughter and both babies were moving all around. I just can't believe this is happening. I tried to hold it together long enough to give them advice and inspiration because I have been in a similar situation, but I feel so awful for them. I just wish that I could go to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

[/SPOILER]

After all of the events that have occurred in the past few weeks in addition to my overwhelming anxiety DW and I am have decided that we will not be making any large purchases for our daughter until she arrives. We already have our completed cloth diaper stash and she has lots of newborn clothes, we will be purchasing an arms reach co-sleeper or a pack in play, but we are not going to complete (or should I say start) the nursery. We will purchase the car seat because it is mandatory but it will be stored at a friend's home until the birth.

#160 ·
Rainbow, hugs sweet girl. That is a whole lot of awful. When will you know more about her heart? I'm so sorry for your brother's loss. For your whole family's loss.

AdAstra, twins! What a surprise! Congratulations and thank you so much for the update.

#161 ·
ad astra - congrats, congrats!!
joy.gif
joy.gif
i hope the feeding issues get squared away soon and you are able to take them home. how in the world did you keep it a secret that you were expecting twins??? what a FUN surprise to share with you friends and family at delivery!!

rainbow - im so sorry to hear about the stress, saddness, and worry right now. sending you
hug2.gif

#162 ·
RainbowBrite~ Yikes!! I'm so sorry you're having so much fear and stress and sadness right now. I truly hope that all is well and that you and your family will be happily relaxing very soon. And I have to say I love your new photo~ you look gorgeous!!

AdAstra~ WOW!!! Did we know you were having twins?! Amazing! And congrats! I too look forward to names and pix and birth stories, if you're sharing. WHEN you get a chance~ you sure must be busy! But a happy kind of busy, so enjoy!

Speaking of birth stories....Isa???
lurk.gif

Crystal~ I've been thinking of you and hope you are ok. You're doing an amazing job in a tough situation, and I know that can't be easy. Your DP sounds like she's having awful jealousy issues, and probably a lot more going on underneath. Take care of yourself and your baby, no matter what it takes. xoxoxox

AFM~ Not much. Five weeks left of school and I could not possibly be less motivated. I've already started packing my personal books etc and taking them home. DP's supposed to be turning in a version of her dissertation today, but she is freaking out keeps saying she can't finish and that she'll never graduate, so I don't know what's up (though it's true that she is a DRAMA QUEEN so I'm sure it's not as bad as she's letting on). Got a lot packed and tidied last night. I just hope I can keep up the momentum while she's around noodling on the internet and making excuses about why she's not working....

#163 ·
brite - sending all hugs your way. what a stressful and unfair load to be dealing with! I'm so sorry about hte loss of your LOs cousin. Much love to all surrounding that babe. we are all here for you and dp as you serach (and find) the best place for your birth.
hug2.gif

ad astra - this is such amazing news! congratulations!!!! a twin surprise is a wonderful wonderful surprise :)

library - so great to see you around these parts! so excited for your family and your big move and wedding and ... sounds busy but full of life! and shove it mean girl. queer preggos gonna come kick your butt.

isa - take care - don't walk too much or you might be super tired when all of a sudden this babe is comin! I'm thinking so much about you and dp.

sara - your belly looks great - and I love Shay sitting on it :) 1cm dialated! way to go! when is your EDD anyways? all packed for labour/birth?

hi all!!!

#164 ·
isa- Sending elv, we're thinking of you
lurk.gif

ad-TWINS that's awesome!!! How did you keep that a secret for so long?

Sara- How are you feeling?

Seraf- We thought we'd share a funny story with you. L gets excited any time she sees the laptop, once we get to the pictures posted of S she stops all movement and just stares at the screen. Can't wait to see her reaction when she sees him face to face for Pride. By the way, we loved the idea of having the babies create the colors of the rainbow.

Crystal- We definitely had you in our thoughts yesterday and hoped that you didn't end up on the sofa with C again. Sounds like DP is upset about not being near her family but that is not reason enough to keep C away from the family that is closest to him. How is your mom doing? Well we are hoping that you get the opportunity to speak to DP and get things cleared. She definitely is exercising her control and testing her boundaries. You have to put your foot down and set some limits.

Amanda-We look forward to meeting you and having L and L share secrets about their super cool names and whatever else they may try to keep from us. Who knows they may even grow to be bff's one day.
twins.gif

Rainbow- We are so sorry to hear that things are not moving smoothly. We're hoping and praying that all turns out well for your little girl. It must be really tough to be happy and excited about the baby while your brother in law is mourning the loss of his. Keep your head up! Please tell us more about your little ones heart once you get more information. Who knows that may just mean that her little heart is full with much more love than normal for you and DP. Here's to hoping!
hug2.gif

Library- It's nice to hear from you again. We were wondering about you. Mean girl is definitely getting on our nerves and we wish she was a little closer so that we can take care of her for you. On a brighter note your moving and getting married, so mean girl will one day be a distant memory.
joy.gif

#165 ·
Wow, guys! A lot happening here lately.

Congratulations to you, Ad Astra! I'm so glad your twins arrived safely. We would love to know more, if you care to share.

Brite, I am so sorry to hear about all the sad things in your life right now. I wish I could come over and give you a big hug and tell you that it's all going to be fine eventually. It must be so difficult to come to terms with the loss of your brother's baby, the loss of your home birth, and the fear of something being wrong with your daughter's heart. I am sending tons of love and strength and positivity your way. You will make it through.

Isa, you have been on my mind. I hope you guys are doing well. Prosper will be here soon, I am sure!

Mami, the story about Layla loving the pictures of Shay is so adorable!

Yay to Sara about being 1cm! Soren is gonna be here before we know it!

Library, sounds like life is crazy at your house! Surely it will settle soon! Thinking of you.

I am sorry for those I missed, trying to post on my phone.

Had our first Bradley class last night; nothing exciting. DW is already sick of doing food diaries, and we wonder how she is ever going to be able to eat as much leafy greens as she is supposed to and how she is supposed to complete all her Bradley exercises. I didn't realize being pregnant would require so much homework for these classes! Yeesh.

#166 ·
Desert~ We had a Bradley class and there was a LOT of homework! Fortunately my DP is a stats nerd and a tally sheet of what I'd eaten for the day was right up her alley. of course, then she would follow me around the house with boiled eggs and baked potatoes telling me I still had boxes unchecked. And those exercises are something else, but I think they were helpful. I should have kegeled more, I'll tell ya that right now...

Mami and OMOM~ Thanks for your offers to kick Mean Girl's butt. Srsly, it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut, since I'm still relying on her for a reference. If I still get a job before I leave here, and everything's secure, I'm just going to start saying what I think. Boy will she be surprised!!

Isa~
lurk.gif

#167 ·
I just want to update that I did NOT end up on the couch last night. C had a runny nose so it was hard to lay him down in the crib and DP told me he could sleep in the bed if I wanted him to, but I ended up letting him sleep in the bouncer so he was upright and could breathe better. Since I have been sick I took him to the dr today but she said he is not sick and it is from teething, but keeping him upright would be best for him. Anyone know the best and safest way to let him sleep proped up? I should have asked the dr oops!

#168 ·
Crystal: Good to hear from you and glad you got to sleep in your own bed. Sorry that C has been stuffy; Lilah sometimes get a runny nose from teething, too. I tend to keep her sleeping next to me in bed anyway, but I think that having C sleep in his bouncy seat is safe, as long as he is strapped in and comfortable. Lilah slept in a bouncy seat when she was in daycare, and they have insanely strict licensing guidelines. Just make sure his chin isn't against his chest; his head should be tilted back enough that he has a totally clear airway.

Rainbow: Oh, sweety, what a lot of pain and struggle for you. I wish we could all take it away or at least share it among us.
grouphug.gif
And I so deeply hope that these are hurdles that you'll get over and that you'll have your healthy girl in your arms before too long (once she is ready, of course). Are you going to see a specialist about her heart? Are you taking extra good care of yourself emotionally during this tough time? I'm so very sorry about your brother's loss.
candle.gif

On a very different note...

AdAstra: WHOA. Twins?! Congratulations! Oh my goodness. Would love to hear more when you are ready, and best wishes getting those little loves fattened up, nursing well, and home with you and DP asap.

Desert: I found the Bradley homework a bit much, too, but the visualizations and supportive positions ended up being great during labor. I tried so hard to eat tons of protein, in part because my class had a contest each week with some awesome give-aways, but the same woman won EVERY WEEK. Her husband is a personal trainer, and all they eat is protein and vegetables. I was eating like 120 grams of protein a day (!) and couldn't win...until finally she missed class one week, and I won some organic cloth nursing pads (that I never used).
wink1.gif
I loved the bonding time with DP, though. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Mami: Can't wait to meet you and your family at Pride.

AFM: Exhausted--graded exams in a frenzy this morning and then taught about the Vietnam War and the identity politics of the late 60s and 70s...during which time I came out to my class of 100 undergraduates. I do this every year, but it never gets any less nerve-wracking. There seemed to be fewer hanging jaws this year. Last year, when I was visibly pregnant, the students looked completely shocked. Stunned. Baffled.
jaw.gif

Just came across this: a blog by Trevor, a transgender, gay, Canadian, breastfeeding father who blogs at Milk Junkies. Super cool.

#171 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPerez View Post

I just want to update that I did NOT end up on the couch last night. C had a runny nose so it was hard to lay him down in the crib and DP told me he could sleep in the bed if I wanted him to, but I ended up letting him sleep in the bouncer so he was upright and could breathe better. Since I have been sick I took him to the dr today but she said he is not sick and it is from teething, but keeping him upright would be best for him. Anyone know the best and safest way to let him sleep proped up? I should have asked the dr oops!
DD got a cold at 10 weeks and we were told to elevate the entire bed rather than try and prop her up. If Cohen is sleeping in a crib you could elevate one end of the crib (there are special "feet" to do this with apparently). The doc knew we were co-sleeping so that's why he suggested the entire bed. We actually ended up setting up a wedge type thing and putting it under the sheet in our bed so it was a gradual incline rather than something that was too abrupt and would cause her to be "bent" - like a homemade this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401848. It wasn't "textbook safe" but it worked for the few days we needed it. Also, before bed on those nights we would run really hot water in the shower and put eucalyptus oil in the tub and shut all the doors of the bathroom. It would get all steamy and we'd sit there with DD (stripped down so her clothes didn't get damp and cold) for about 10-15 minutes. I guess you could use a humidifier but we didn't have one and didn't want to buy one.

#172 ·
Hi, kids! Finally awake enough to check in. Edith Josephine was born around 10:30 last night. She's perfect! It's so funny to hear her hiccupping and not be able to feel it at the same time!

More when we're home and rested up--it was a long haul, to be sure.

#174 ·
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Earth to the wonderfully named Edith Josephine!!!! And to her mamas!!! We look forward to pix and stories when you can! Hooray!!!!!!!!

#176 ·
Welcome to the world, Edith Josephine! I love her name. Congrats to you and DP! Hooray
joy.gif
hooray!

Eta: I can't help but notice she was born on an even day, too! Way to go, Edie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.