Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - April, May, June! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 671 Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seraf/Sara~ I am crying with the laughing over here! Amazing!!!!

And Isa~ I'll have you know that I am a LEO! But I am indeed throwing down, and I"ll have my Aries baby come and back me up!!!biggrinbounce.gif

HOT today.  Hope it cools off this weekend. Not ready for this!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#242 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Library—oooh. That explains it. Leos. Always wishing they were born just a couple weeks earlier…

Also, there’s no way I’m writing it out again, but if you want to read E’s birth story, have at it!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#243 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM

Isa~ That's quite a story. I'm glad you were so easy with yourself in making decisions about drugs, etc. Thanks for sharing your story and your wonderful baby. We need to get our library girls together sometime. x

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#244 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM

Isa, good stuff! I'm glad she made it out and everyone tried to follow your plan. I'm thrilled nursing is going well. It certainly does last the longest!

Mami, love the pictures! www.sachfo.blogspot.com is the blog.

I made a chart on graph paper to show when each kid hit milestones. I haven't got Shay on there yet, I know I'm not supposed to compare them but it's so much fun!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#245 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM

thanks for sharing, Isa! you did a great job!! orngbiggrin.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#246 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Isa, it sounds like you had a very similar birth to me (midwife in a hospital; couldn't use birth tub b/c of blood pressure; wanted to avoid pitocin and an epidural, but ultimately decided they were the best choices available at the time).  It's great that your daughter is nursing so well!

Congratulations again.

#247 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM

Isa - sounds like you listened to your body and did exactly as you needed - what a birth :) what a team at the hospital - its so great your plan was listened to :) what a beautiful, beautiful baby :) welcome little E!!! and great blog! I hadn't checked it out before :)

brite - I've been thinking about you and your family.

Hello everyone! annnnnnnnnnnnnd back to breastfeeding (which BTW is not at all boring as I worried it would be - thanks for the confidence sara!)

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#248 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 02:55 PM

isa, I love your birth story! Very inspiring! and I'm a Leo too and do not wish I was born a few weeks earlier (but I do wish it wasn't so dang hot in august). 

How can I make this baby come out?! I want him out!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#249 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Thank You ALL so much for your thoughts, condolences, meditations, and prayers for my family it is appreciated more than words can say!! Thank you also for the awesome suggestions for items that we will need for our newborn!

MizYellow: OMG Harrison is 9 months ALREADY?!? Where does the time go? That sucks that you aren't "getting the sex" I know your pain greensad.gif And that is awesome that you have lost all the baby weight!

Angela:Thank you so much for all the suggestions, especially the LC!

Starling: Your comment brought tears to my eyes, visioning that is so beautiful and also so sad

Library: We found an awesome Boppy at a consignment sale so I am so happy to hear it was a good purchase! I hope that all of the stress you and DP are going through calms down soon

Qmama: Those breastfeeding snack suggestions are a great idea! How is work going? I am sure it is hard to leave baby S. And the daycare sounds quite scary, I hope things improve or you are able to find an alternative care provider

Desert:YAY for being over halfway done! I am hoping that this week's childbirth class is going much better than last week

Ahope: Lilah is cutting teeth already? It is reassuring to hear that your dog puts up with L's antics because we are a little worried about our dog and the baby lol And that is awesome that L is practically potty trained at 9 months. Did you do EC?

Planet: It is nice to officially meet you orngbiggrin.gif That is awesome of you to offer to bring us food!! And we should def get together once both of our kiddos are here!! I can't wait to see your super cute pics from your 20 week ultrasound! And I am going to start the Belly Shot chant!!!

Isa: Oh My Goodness Edith is so stinking beautiful!! I can't wait to read her birth story! I agree that it is a comfort that Zayden and Imani are together but I hate the reason for it as well.

Seraf/Sara:YAY for losing the mucous plug not much longer to go now! That is an awesome idea to see if the belly is dropping! Today's Independent Baby is AWESOME it made my day! Have you tried the famous Labour Tea?

Indigo: Woah sounds like you have a whole lot going on, but it sounds like it is all awesome!

Dandy:YAY for your anatomy scan, but boo that DP can't make it greensad.gif And it is super exciting to feel those first movements!

Mami: Awww L is getting so big!

AFM: I am so sorry to leave everyone hanging in suspense. But we had our repeat scans Tuesday and everything turned our FINE biggrinbounce.gifApparently the teaching hospital's tech rushing caused the error and luckily at the Children's Hospital they pride themselves on being thorough! Baby Girl weighs 3 lbs 9oz and is growing great! Also since we were risked out of homebirth we have been interviewing new care providers and we have finally found a new group of Midwives that will deliver us at the most VBAC friendly hospital in the state! We have officially fired our Ob/Gyn!! energy.gifI am super excited about that! Hmmm what else? We are entering our 3rd week of Childbirth Education class and it is going pretty good so far. There is actually one other Queer couple in our class which is awesome! Here are some pics:

31 weeks (3).jpg31 weeks (4).jpg Date Night

Me afro.jpg (26), DW dreads.gif (26) Mommies to Riley Sophia hearts.gif born 6/12, my Angel DD angel.gif Imani Joi, and 1 furbaby dog2.gif... On our Quest for Hope om.gif

#250 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM

Rainbow, big yay for her heart being healthy! I'm sorry for all the fear of the false alarm. Great pictures! And big yay for finding care providers you're more comfortable with!

OMOM, I'm glad nursing isn't boring!

#251 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM

Rainbow- We are soooo HAPPY for you and your family. Your little girl looks too cute in those pics.joy.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#252 of 671 Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 PM

Rainbow: oh I'm so happy they stressed you for nothing! I know that sounds awful but I'm beyond thrilled that youguys got good news after all! YOur daughter lOoks beautiful and I'm glad you have found a midwife team you are happy with!! What's labor tea?!!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#253 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 AM

Rainbow, that is so wonderful! I'm super happy for you guys. You must be so relieved. Yay for good news and new, better care providers! joy.gif

Just a quick update... we are not moving!!! DP has a new job as a nurse practitioner at the same hospital where she's been an RN for the past few years.  She starts in August after her independent practicums are complete.  So... no packing and moving while pregnant, no hunting for a new midwife team, and we can stay here surrounded by family and friends! Yay!! energy.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#254 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I am so sorry to leave everyone hanging in suspense. But we had our repeat scans Tuesday and everything turned our FINE biggrinbounce.gifApparently the teaching hospital's tech rushing caused the error and luckily at the Children's Hospital they pride themselves on being thorough! Baby Girl weighs 3 lbs 9oz and is growing great! Also since we were risked out of homebirth we have been interviewing new care providers and we have finally found a new group of Midwives that will deliver us at the most VBAC friendly hospital in the state! We have officially fired our Ob/Gyn!! energy.gifI am super excited about that! Hmmm what else? We are entering our 3rd week of Childbirth Education class and it is going pretty good so far. There is actually one other Queer couple in our class which is awesome! >

YAY! YAY! YAY! joy.gif I'm so relieved that your LO is just fine, and awesome that you found a better CP and hospital! very cool that there's a queer couple in your class, too! smile.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#255 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Rainbow--What a relief! I am so happy for you and DW. I am so sorry that you had to go through that terrible scare--may the rest of your pregnancy be smooth sailing!

Isa--Great birth story! Thanks for sharing it so quickly. That was a great idea to link your blog to this page! I'm gonna do the same since I never officially shared my story here...I was too lazy to type the whole thing out.

AFM--I made it through the return to work! S did great in child care this week! She cried quite a bit the first day, which I expected as they were trying to get acquainted. Once they figured out that she really likes to be held, things went much more smoothly. By yesterday afternoon, she was letting them set her down more, napping in her crib (she had to be held through naps the first few days), smiling at her teacher and generally was much more settled. The transition back to work has been easier than I anticipated. I feel pretty good about the care she is getting and she seems happy when I pick her up. There are only two other babies in the infant room, so that makes me happy. Whew...

And, if you're interested in my birth story, you can find it here: Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 I don't think I ever talked much about it on here and have always felt bad about not sharing, so now you know where to find it! We had a scare at the end, so before reading, gauge what you might be able to tolerate in terms of possible bad outcomes. If you'd like the password, you can also see the pics in other posts too. Just let me know. Happy Friday to all! I wanted to be kind to myself during my first week back, so I'm taking the day off today so I can hang with S and have a three-day weekend.

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#256 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Must use this bit of Friday work time but... MUST SAY:

Rainbow: THANK God/goodness/universe/whomever!  I am so relieved (though probably about 1% as relieved as you are)!  WONDERFUL to have a detailed, expert, thorough u/s that shows a very healthy (and cute!) baby in there.  Wish you hadn't had to endure the fear, though.  And congratulations on finding midwives who will deliver at the vbac friendly hospital.  Way to take control of your own health care!  I'm impressed and happy and optimistic for you and your family. 

Isa: Way to go with that birth.  You made informed decisions that worked for you and the baby given the situation that you were in.  That is easier said than done, and look what a little love you got out of it. She sounds incredibly content. NICE.  How are you doing with all the pp hormones?  Any baby blues? How is the food holding out? Super glad the nursing is going well. A good start to nursing is worth SO MUCH.  And everything I read suggests that a good nursing start is linked to nursing success many months (even years--if you decide to go that long) later.  (Not that obstacles can't be overcome for those with challenges, of course). 

My baby is 9 months old!  I LOVE 9 months.  So happy.  Just wish I could clone myself so I could complete 50% of the work I need to get done. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#257 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM

qmama, thank you for sharing. that must have been/still be so much to process. many, many hugs for everything you went through.

#258 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
OMOM—I’ve been using the time to catch up on Cordwainer Smith short stories—dorky sci-fi that I read as a kid. It’s been a nice reminiscence, and I think I’ll have to go and buy all of his stuff to work my way through.

Brite—so, so glad for your good news! She looks like she’s coming along just perfectly—and you look so happy! Hoping for nothing but good news for you from here on out!

Dandy—that’s fantastic! Congrats to your DP! How long before she starts her new gig?

Library—how’s moving going? I think we’d be sniping at each other over here under all that stress, too.

Qmama—glad to hear S is doing well in daycare and that she’s getting lots of personal attention! I know that when one of my colleagues came back after maternity leave for her third she was practically giddy with all the adult conversation—it’s got to be a personal thing, but I’m glad that you’re doing well with the transition!

AHope—food is good so far. DP’s mom is in town this week and next week mine will be coming in. We’re trying to listen to the ped. about limiting visitors (mostly because I get exhausted) but after the reinforcements leave we’ll probably be eyeing up the hounds as possible dinner options, so I have not forgotten your offer, never fear!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#259 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM

finally got our family portraits/Silas' 12mo pics. Here are some:

gellybeangrl likes this.

#260 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Wehrli, how cute you all are. I thought you had dreds, for some reason.

Qmama, that is quite a birth story. I'm sorry she had to come early but thankful that the problems were discovered in time. I would love to see pictures. I suppose I should PM you to ask about that, tho. I'm thrilled daycare is working out. How is big sister doing?

#261 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 PM

Qmama- I can SO relate to your birth story! from the stay in the hospital before (iv liquids and countless trips to the bathrom, unplugging and plugging back in) they said I would be there a few weeks and I only lasted a day and a half before I gave birth. My little C was a few weeks earlier and weighed a few more oz than your lo, and mine took 2 weeks to get the feeding tube out. What a journey!!! Thank you for sharing it.

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#262 of 671 Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM

I'm so relieved and happy for you and your DP, Brite smile.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#263 of 671 Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 AM

I have a silly question.

Is it possible to prevent a newborn from getting a bald spot on the back if his or her head? SB rubbed all his hair off in the back with his thrashing around. It's finally growing back in (but blonder) and I would like to prevent the bald spot with SD.

In other news last night was rough. I'm spoiled with a baby who normally gets up once a night. Last night he was up 6 times! Sara woke up with contractions but not all out labor repeatedly. A woke 4 times (bad dream, cold, pee, etc) and O even got up with a bad dream. Yesh.

#264 of 671 Old 04-28-2012, 05:34 AM

seraf: I, too, wondered avoiding the bald spot. it seems as though they'd have to lay down almost never... and, I'd have to say that sounds like a rough night. I hope you get some good sleep from now until the baby comes, you will need it! smile.gif oh, and you asked what S has been talking about... I'm not really sure most of the time but he's sure knows!

#265 of 671 Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Qmama- We loved your birth story and those lovely pictures of your lil girl. We are so happy everything turned out ok after having such a BIG scare. Thank you for sharing!

Wehrli- Loved the pics

Seraf- If you find the answer to the balding epidemic, please let us know. The same thing is going on with L, she has a thin strip of hair missing from the back part of her head. Sorry you guys had such a rough night and we hope you ladies get some rest before Soren makes his debut.

Sara-How are you feeling today? Did your belly drop any more?

Isa- How are you feeling lately? How's your babymoon? How are you ladies doing + one?

Crystal- How are things going at home?

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#266 of 671 Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Wehrli and Mami, I asked google and the only thing I could find was to put a piece of silk or satin everyplace baby goes. One in the carseat, one in the bouncer, one on the bed. I managed to keep Shay's away for a month or so by having him sleep on my arm. His main bald spot is in the back, despite the fact that he mostly sleeps on his side. I think did most of the damage in the carseat, really.

#267 of 671 Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM

Mami, I may have dropped a bit more. I dunno I can't see much past my belly anymOre. Poor ari, I ran I ran over her like 4 times today.

#268 of 671 Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Whew!  I just got back from a five day trip to Denver for a conference put on by the American Adoption Congress.  It was quite the experience!  They even had several workshops regarding donor-conceived individuals, and one was attended by Wendy and Ryan of the Donor Sibling Registry.  But more on that later - I'm totally beat but I've had it in my head all day that I wanted to post a picture of the painting I did of Wehrli's Silas.  

As you may recall, Wehrli posted this photo awhile back of S breastfeeding: 

to base portrait on.jpeg

I pm'ed her, because I was so taken by S's eyes and the way the photo was framed.  I asked for her permission to paint it, and now with her permission I'm sharing it with you all: 

DSC_2718.JPG

I'm actually hoping to maybe bring in some more portraiture business and earn a little bit of extra money by doing something I love, so if anyone knows of somebody looking for very affordable portraits (or paintings of any photograph, really), please consider sending them my direction!  At this point, I'm asking $75 for a single-subject 11 x 14 on canvas.  The paintings are all acrylic.  

I will be back later to try to catch up on personals and update everyone on the new stuff going on here!  

P.S. We did get the Honda CR-V I wanted!  Yay!  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#269 of 671 Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Desert (and Wehrli): How beautiful! I love it!  The eyes really come through in the painting; what a unique and loving portrait.  Thank you both for sharing it. 

Sara: I saw on FB that you are feeling DONE with the pregnancy.  Hope your little guy accommodates as soon as he is ready ;-).  Hang in there. 

Qmama: Thanks for sharing your birth story.  As someone who is often skeptical of manufactured "emergencies" in childbirth, I was moved by the necessity of your little one's delivery and your bravery in the face of a really frightening set of possibilities.  Congrats on getting through it and best wishes as you continue to handle and process it.  That is a lot to handle.  I'm thrilled to hear that the transition to daycare is going well and that you feel confident in her safety and comfort when she isn't with you.  What a relief. How are you doing during this second week of work? 

Crystal: Still no hope of therapy?  Maybe just for you?  How is the sleeping going?

Hi to everyone else!

AFU: Up from 1:30-4am with (first) a happy wakeful baby and (second) with a throwing up all over my bed from too much snot and nursing baby and (third) with a mostly happy post-cleanup wakeful baby.  I feel like someone filled my head with sand.  Even on these tough days, though, I find I have so much more patience and less frustration than I did with Z.  I'm loving parenting a baby the second time around.  I'm handing of 180 oz of milk to my friend for her niece today. Lots of room in the basement freezer now! 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#270 of 671 Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 AM

Its not that I'm done with the pregnancy, I'm just so stinkin ready to meet him!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page