Mothering Forum banner

Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - April, May, June!

38K views 670 replies 46 participants last post by  seraf 
#1 ·
Welcome queer, pregnant and parenting folks!

This is the spring and early summer thread for the months of April, May, and June.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant - due dates:

June 2012

MumQuest, EDD June 5

July 2012
Go_Vegan

August 2012
DesertSunsets, EDD August 31

September 2012

Vienna

Planet, EDD September 30

October 2012

MidwifeStephPDX, EDD late October

November 2012

MujerMamaMismo, EDD 11/11/12

December 2012

junebug1, EDD 12/1/12

nosreves (twins!), EDD 12/19/12

mtnlisa, EDD 12/31/12

February 2013

whoabethy

Graduates

dandylez, Adair Seamus, born 6/28/2012

KSDoulaMama, surro-babe, born 6/27/2012

SwtRainbowBrite, Riley Sophia, born 6/25/2012

PleasantlyFurious, Zoe Aurora, born 6/22/2012

SmilingSara & Seraf, Soren Dare, born 5/2/2012

PrettyIsa, Edith Josephine, born 4/18/2012

Ad Astra, boy/girl twins, born 4/11/2012

Onemommyonemama, Sage S., born 3/21/2012

Qmama42, baby girl, born 1/18/2012

Indigo and DP, baby girl A, born 1/8/2012
CrystalPerez, Cohen Anthony Perez born 12/12/11

glassesgirlnj, Annamaria Sigyn Estelle, born 11/28/11
Mami2mami, Layla Janae born 11/22/11
DAWNMP1, Raya Sylvan, born 11/10/11
2ezforyou, Jagger Stone, born 11/2/11
Seraf and SmilingSara: Shay Brock, born 11/1/11
Escher: Son, born 10/24/11
Julietea8: Rowan Kathryn, born 10/16/11
Starling&Diesel: Hawksley Solace, born 10/2/11
AmyPDX: Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11
AmandaHope: Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11
Pigirl: Son, born 7/22/11
Mizyellow: Harrison, born 7/20/11
Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11
Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11
Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11
2HappyMamas: Baby, born 4/16/11
Bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11
LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11
Wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11
Gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11
Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11
Burg: Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11
Korey: Baby girl T, born 1/30/11
Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 1/30/11
Abeecharmer: Twin girls, born 1/10/11
Mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10
Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10
Erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10
Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10
Quasar & Smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10
Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
Megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
Mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
Jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
Ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
Pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
Kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
Wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
Kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
Babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/09.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
Ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/09
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/09
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/09
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/09
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/09
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/09
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/09
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/09
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/09
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/09
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/09
Simcon: G, born 12/28/08
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/08
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/08
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/08
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/08
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/08
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/08
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/08
Mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/08
Kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/08
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/08
Rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/08
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/08
Thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/08
Mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/08
Msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/08
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/08
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/08

Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon

TineyDreams

Carmen

Alphahen

Baby.fatty
Lisedea
Kgulbransen
Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#3 ·
Feel free to carefully place sticks and twigs and leaves and bits of dryer lint anywhere you like! I hope it'll be a great place to build your nest.
thumb.gif

Isa, you're getting so close!

Sara, congrats on selling your car. That's got to feel good!

This is a pathetic excuse of a post, forgive me.

Excited because DW is 18 weeks today! Tuesday morning is our anatomy scan and I am so psyched to see this little babe. DW's mom is going to come along too. I wish my mom could come, but she's 100 miles away and it's an early appointment. Oh well. Next weekend I have big plans to decorate DW's belly like an Easter egg. Or a bunny. Or something. Also, to dye eggs, even though I have no children to hide eggs for. This weekend, however, DW is working twelve hours both today and tomorrow. At least that means she'll get Monday and Tuesday off!

And! Our Centering classes at the birth center start on Wednesday, and our Bradley classes begin April 17th! It's getting crazy busy here. I've been having such a good time playing with the baby, feeling kicks and movement. And the belly is growing and growing! We'll probably take pictures soon.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

#4 ·
I seem to recall some conversation about milk savers in the past. ANyone have experience with them? Where did you get them? how long did you use them? did you get one or two?

I'm leaking all over and want to save this milk. If not for later, for another babe.

Hi to all! nice nest here! thanks desert!

#5 ·
Desert, yay for your scan, ask if they can switch to 3d for a second, it looks so much cooler but they didn't tell us they could do that.

OMOM, I used mine for only a couple of months. Got it on amazon but there are other places to get it. The brand is Milkies milk saver. I just got one and put in on the side I wasn't nursing on when I started nursing. I still leak but it's only a few drops now so I don't bother with the milk saver anymore. I used to get between half and ounce and 1.5 ounces at each nursing session and pour it into one bottle, then I would chill the next batch and add it to the bottle then chill th next one. I was getting 5 ounces a day at one point and freezing it all at bedtime. The pump is a lot faster but the milk saver is easier. My only complaint about it is that I would forget about it and bend over and pour all the milk up the inside of my shirt. I think Shay learned a lot of bad words those days.

We totally have birth class tomorrow and almost forgot. And Sara worked her last day today. Holy cow the baby is coming soon.

#7 ·
Oh thank god. I have all this dryer lint and no place to put it!
smile.gif
And yes, Saras, wait your turn! That one needs to cook longer anyhow.

Starling, DP laughed when I explained the popcorn.

Desert--dogs LURVE eggs. Love. If you have one, or friends who do (or a dogpark where you could hang out and look unsuspicious while owners wonder what the hell their pets are eating) you can dye them and hide them and let them have at it.

In the meantime, still nothing going on around here, though my belly did feel weirdly soft yesterday. We got to see the baby's feet moving around all over the place, which is unusual. Today's the last day that I definitely did NOT want as a birth day (April Fool's and all that), so from here on out we're good to go, though I'd still rather wait a week or two to get things done. This morning we're going out to brunch with the couple who were about 2 days away from having their baby when we first met them, so it'll be funny to compare our late-term belly experiences. Good think I don't like bloody marys or I'd feel left out!

Anyone do anything funny for April fool's? I thought about a mock announcement of triplets, but then decided that it's too close to the real announcement and decided not to.

#8 ·
Thanks for the new thread, Desert!! Love the fluffing being added by Isa and the Saras! :) Isa, you're so close, it makes me want to give a totally-out-of-character high school cheerleader squeal!

Desert, excited for your scan! Hope it all goes well.

14 weeks today here! Definitely have a bit of a bump now. (I think the past bulge was bloat. :D )

(Desert, can you change my EDD to Oct 1? The midwife adjusted it back at our first appointment and I forgot. Not that I'm expecting the LO to keep to any kind of schedule or anything!)

#9 ·
So excited for prettyisa and smilingsara! (And anyone else whose due date is getting close that I'm not familiar with.)

DesertSunsets, is it okay for you to add my delivery date even tho I wasn't a member of the group at the time? That would be Annamaria Sigyn Estelle, born November 28 2011.

#10 ·
Dandy and glassesgirl, your info has been updated. We're happy to have you anytime, glassesgirl!

Isa - we do have a dog, but he's never shown much interest in eggs... but he's kind of an odd dog. Much as we love him. Maybe yours lurve the eggs because you've got close-to-the-ground rodent-sniffing-nosed hounds? And eggs are related to rodents in that... well, they're not. Hrm. Though I think your dog park idea has some real merit. I do love being a ninja Easter bunny. How're you feeling, as of late?

We don't do things for April Fool's. Although maybe this year I should announce that *I'm* pregnant, really freak our facebook friends out. Haha.

Seraf/Sara - you have a birth class on April Fool's day? That could be nervewracking, lol. It's almost baby time!

#12 ·
thx for the new thread, Desert!

thx for fluffing our li'l queer nest, isa, Sara and Seraf!

and thx, AHope, for the new photo for our wall.
smile.gif

it's feeling more and more like spring... bring on new life!
orngbiggrin.gif

#14 ·
Just out of curiosity, Seraf, when selling the car did you mention its skills as a baby delivery device? Seems like maybe it would be worth more money that way.
winky.gif

#15 ·
No, desert, I didn't tell them he was born in the car. I thought about it but did t think that family would have enjoyed it as much as we do! I feel kinda bad we got rid of the car he was born in, but I have my memories of it! And the sign he was born next to.

#17 ·
Those baby pics are gorgeous!!

We received a sling, a wraps and 2 carriers from DP's sister today, plus a ton of clothes from 1 year up. All boy stuff, but I really want to put a girl into almost all of it. If it's a girl, she'll be one tough, ass-kicking girl! Okay, it kinda just looks like a mini-version of our adult closet. :)

I took this pic this morning... 14 week bump. :) Tonight I feel like there's no room in my body for my body. Feels so tight and stretched out... it's weird and kinda cool.

IMG_1082.jpg

#18 ·
Mom: The milksaver was my savior. I leaked A LOT and I got enough to have 100 ounces of stock in my freezer and donate a ton of milk to another mom only using the milksaver. I also dumped it out a lot which in my hormonal state made me cry a few times. Ha! But i totally loved it!

Love the wrap shots. Love you guys!

#19 ·
Last night was a hard night for me. I felt really huge and really sore and woke up in the middle of the night because I felt weird and uncomfortable. This morning I'm feeling a bit better. Baby is kicking and hiccupping away this morning.

#21 ·
Hi everyone! Happy new thread!

Dandy, we dressed our DD almost exclusively in "boy" clothes for her first two years, because my neighbors gave me a huge stash of stuff from their sons (and, of course, because we're radical gender bending queers). Somehow, in spite of all this, she is the biggest princess fan I've ever met. We struggled with it for awhile, and then finally decided, this is who she is, and keeping her from expressing herself as a budding young femme is just as unfair as keeping a boy from wearing a dress. Yesterday we had a playdate with some friends from her school, who ironically are always trying to femme their (tomboy) daughter up. Half an hour after we arrived, DD emerged from their playroom in full princess regalia, including sparkly crown, pink ballgown, and butterfly wings. She looked so happy, and our friends' tomboy daughter looked totally bored. It cracked me up. I think DP is hoping for a butcher baby next time so that they can share more of a fashion aesthetic.

MizYellow and Amanda, kudos to you both for donating milk. I had major BF-ing issues, and relied a lot on donor milk. It felt like such an amazing gift.

AFM, I have an appointment at the fertility clinic today, which is exciting. Hope to join you all here soon as pregnant, in addition to parenting!

But on the parenting note, here's DD with the Easter bunny this weekend:

photo.JPG

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post

Hi everyone! Happy new thread!

Dandy, we dressed our DD almost exclusively in "boy" clothes for her first two years, because my neighbors gave me a huge stash of stuff from their sons (and, of course, because we're radical gender bending queers). Somehow, in spite of all this, she is the biggest princess fan I've ever met. We struggled with it for awhile, and then finally decided, this is who she is, and keeping her from expressing herself as a budding young femme is just as unfair as keeping a boy from wearing a dress. Yesterday we had a playdate with some friends from her school, who ironically are always trying to femme their (tomboy) daughter up. Half an hour after we arrived, DD emerged from their playroom in full princess regalia, including sparkly crown, pink ballgown, and butterfly wings. She looked so happy, and our friends' tomboy daughter looked totally bored. It cracked me up. I think DP is hoping for a butcher baby next time so that they can share more of a fashion aesthetic.
That's awesome and hilarious! I was a total tomboy in a dress when I was a kid. Loved playing rough, climbing things, playing with cars, destroying dolls... but I *hated* jeans and loved my frilly dresses. (Even though I'm 95% in jeans these days, I still like to 'femme' it up on occasion!) Boy or girl, kids know what they like...

Love the pic of your DD, by the way!

#23 ·
Here's Shay with the Easter bunny yesterday. He just woke up and we decided it'd be funny. He had fun for 3 smiles and then decided he was all done! No tears though!

Everyone on fb said its a creepy bunny, but I don't really think so! Not in comparison to some i've seen in pictures lately.

527516_2845084451180_1381452452_32074714_1033702016_n.jpg

#24 ·
cute bunny pics! they both look so happy! I hadn't even thought to have S photo'd with one... we'll be at the mall for one yar pics on Thursday... maybe then.

and S also has those same baby legs! cute! cute! cute!

#25 ·
Happy shiny new thread with pics of cute kiddos in slings and with bunnies!!!

I don't have much time for personals this morning, but I just wanted to dump.

We started daycare this morning :) :( I'm so torn about this. It's not that I didn't recognize all of the complications that come with this decision, and it's not that I don't think that her being in daycare is a bad thing, it's just so bloody hard. I'm so mixed about this as I'm paying someone to raise my kid! And there's quite a few kids in the room with her (okay, there's 6 kids and two/three staff), and I can see just what a factory it is. Diaper changes were a 30 minute production.

The staff are lovely. One is even south asian (yippe!) and the kids seem to love them. The baby was never out of arms. It's just that she's not getting that one-on-one and they don't know her or her routine. And I realize that is just yet. They don't know her routine...yet! And of course she cries when I leave the room and that's really difficult to see. I know it will get better and we'll totally give it a month to see how the transition goes.

I've just spent the last month of my mat leave worrying about work, about losing my job, finding a new one, that I didn't even have that time to process how big of a transition this would be for me. I knew it would be, and I was anticipating it, I just feel like I've been hit with a tonne of bricks this morning. It's so darn emotional (only exacerbated by a kid who is cutting her molars, got vaccines and was irritable, then had a fever for 3 days and was even more irritable, and has been sleeping poorly with an out of whack schedule) cause I'm friggen exhausted. I'm looking forward to having a break before work starts.

Thanks for listening. I feel a bit better. I think I just need to have a cry over it all.

#26 ·
Desert-hmm..might be the noses, but our friends had a yorkie who was into it, too. Maybe your dog just doesn't have a taste for them…

Loving all the sling pics! We have a whole mini-arsenal already-one fake moby, a baby bjorn, a something-like-a-baby-bjorn-that-I-can't-remember-what-is, two generic ones with stuffing along the edge, a Boba (which is ADORABLE and has little foot stirrups! I die.) Like I said, for people who don't know what kind of babywearing our kid is going to like, I've already gotten myself into some trouble over here. Once we have more information it's going to be open season on textiles! Ooo! And bunnies! They're everywhere around here-grocery stores, other stores, out on sidewalks, you name it. Multiplying like rabbits, those Easter bunnies…

Dandy-all of our stuff looks pretty boyish, too-it's just easier to girlie up boy clothes if you decide you need to than it is to go the other way. I've got some little frilly dresses and things just in case, but mostly everything would be perfectly accepted as boy clothes at this point. Once your baby gets here your relatives will probably explode with a tsunami of gendered baby clothing (or so I've noticed with my friends' kids). My dad has been rhapsodizing about pink lately, so I'm just preparing myself, should we get a girl.

Sara-sorry about the discomfort-I think it only gets worse. I don't wake up because of the pain in my (hips/back/stomach/whatever) but as soon as I am awake I feel all of it come rushing at me. Glad you're enjoying the hiccups! It drives me crazy-I unconsciously hold my breath and they still don't go away!

Gumshoe-I'm sorry it's such a rough transition-it sounds like you had a lot of other stuff to make it more complicated leading up to the actual day, too. It does sound like a good sign that she's always being held, though, and that they're all nice people. Maybe after she gets more used to going she'll be more excited and less sad and it'll be easier for you both.

AFM-been very busy around here! We managed to see all kinds of people this weekend, and have somehow accidentally scheduled events where we will see lots more throughout this week-a dinner party to sign our new wills, a full moon potluck-cum-seder, and our last club night as a couple (we already told our friends we'll be there from 9-10 or so before I give up and want to go to bed, so less dancing and more chatting, but it's still a dance club!). Unless, you know, I have a baby. DP thinks the kid is slowly moving farther south-is that common? Does 'dropping' happen all at once, or is it gradual? It does seem a little less jammed up into my ribcage, but not all the way in my pelvis, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.