Figuring out when you are fertile - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have a general understanding as to how to figure out when you are fertile. Are there any good websites that break it down, make it easy, give you charts to track on? Is it more simple than I think? What worked for you to figure out the best time to inseminate? Is there a book or is a book too much, too complicated?

#2 of 7 Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM

I would definitely check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and there is a site that helps you track/chart your cycles too- www.fertilityfriend.com.

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Lesbian-Conception-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401

This is also a good book.  The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Stephanie Brill.  It can be a little overwhelming with all the information, but it has a lot of good information.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 7 Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycip View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Lesbian-Conception-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401

This is also a good book.  The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Stephanie Brill.  It can be a little overwhelming with all the information, but it has a lot of good information.

Oooh, I forgot about that one. I like that one too!

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#5 of 7 Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

The midwife I consulted with recommended inseminating when you have 3 of your fertility signs line up.  That could be cervical position, cervical mucus and a positive OPK.  Or if you always get some other symptom right before you ovulate, that could be your third sign.  That could be many things, increased libido, being bloated, whatever.  Sometimes it feels like a crap shoot and you just have to go on faith.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#6 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM

I have an app on my phone that tracks my periods. It's always right about that so I'm assuming the fertility window is correct, too. Still waiting to inseminate when we are absolutely sure since we don't have a lot of money and are crossing are fingers for the first try.

(gender)queer vegetarian artist co-parenting DDs 14 & 11 with DP and TTC  little peanut #3 3rdtri.gif

#7 of 7 Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception = great book!  I'm big into info/research/details.  I basically read that cover to cover - it took a while, but I think it was well worth it.  I learned a ton about ovulation and really learned to pay attention to my body.

My "favorite" method was tracking my temp - it takes dedication b/c you have to get up at the same time every day to take your temp.  We bought a $10 thermometer at the drug store and tracked that for months......totally worth it.  It took 5 tries the first time, which was more than I expected.  We switched donors a few times, but it finally worked.  For baby #2, I got pregnant the first time.......and I totally credit my body telling me what to do on that one!

Good luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page