Queer TTC May 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rs11: Hope the needles aren't treating you too badly. Come on follies! I was shocked that for this FET round, I had zero shots. Just patches, pills, and suppositories. I almost feel like it can't possibly be successful without the shots. #MamaCrazy

wannab: It is still early and it's common not to have any symptoms this early in a PG. Come on BFP!!!! 

darth: Glad your consult went well, but I'm sorry for the waiting game. It's hard when you're all ready but you have to wait.  Fingers crossed for a July BFP for you/DW!

Hopeful22: We are only transferring one embie. We already have a 2 year old and just know we would lose our minds with him + twins dizzy.gif Sending you a boatload of BFP vibes!!!!

Gelly: Sorry for your medical woes. Hope you're doing better!

Miranda: I did medicated IUIs (Clomid) and I remember seeing the doctor about once per week. Might have been more than once the week of the IUI. Good luck to you!

Cananny: Hugs to you, lady. 

AFM, my embryos are (finally) at my RE's office and my appointment on Friday went well. My lining looks good and we are on for a Thursday transfer. Fingers firmly crossed that the embie we transfer sticks!

-monti

M (42) stillheart.gif L (42) stillheart.gif DS (2) stillheart.gif 3 kitties familybed1.gif

Due 5/4/13 with #2

My blog: http://www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com

#62 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I had a blood test last Sunday and the beta was 39, I had another on Wednesday and it was a 6.  I left work as fast as I could and my DW went home too.  We sat on the couch and cried and then had some chicken noodle soup.  I was able to get in to see my RE that day.  She did an ultrasound and she said everything looked normal.  She also said that I would have started AF even with the progesterone which was interesting to know.  I didn't feel any different or have any AF symptoms.  We asked if there was a chance if the blood test could be wrong and the RE said yes because sometimes they mix up the samples.  Then she said "Oh, that's not very reassuring."  She's a little socially awkward sometimes.  So I got another blood test and it was negative.  I stopped taking the progesterone and AF is starting today.  We both felt really bad and sad for 2 days, but I started to feel better yesterday.  I talked to my sister, and that made me feel a little better.  She was the only person I told that we got a positive test.  It was nice to be pregnant for a few days, and that is the farthest I've ever gotten so it's good to know it can happen.  Maybe next time it will stick.  Now we are taking this month off and then we will come up with a new plan for the next month.  Could you please move me to Taking a Break?  Thank you everyone for your support.

I have a question for you folks.  My RE said next we could try Letrozole/Femara or injectables.  I would love to hear your experiences either on here or on PM.  My concern is that Letrozole wouldn't be that helpful.  I did 3 cycles without medication and 3 cycles on Clomid.  I ovulate on my own, but my progesterone has been low.  The RE prescribed the clomid to help the progesterone, and it worked.  The first 2 cycles on clomid I only had 1 or 2 mature follicles, and the 3rd time I had 3 or 4.  Having more seemed to help.  I have heard that Letrozole doesn't necessarily produce multiple follicles, so I don't know if it would help me much because I already ovulate normally.  Maybe more follicles is the key to catching a good egg.  I am concerned about the cost of injectables because my insurance only covers 50% and I would have to pay for the medication and the ultrasounds and blood tests.  It could really add up.  I have some time to think about it.  I'll still be hanging around.  I just can't quit you.

dust.gifto all.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#63 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM

oh, pokey, i am sooo soo sorry to hear your news.  hug2.gif.  please take good care of yourself and know that i'm thinking about you and sending you healing vibes.  

if you want to know anything about injectables, feel free to PM me.  i was on them for two months and had a very good follicular response. i also found them a lot less crazymaking than the clomid.  

big big *hugs* to you and your DP.

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#64 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Pokey, I'm so sorry. Thinking about you both. hug2.gif

It sounds like you're feeling positive about your next try.  Keeping my fx for you and everyone here! dust.gif

Our little boy was born early at 26 1/2 weeks on June 28/12!! Small but strong! joy.gif

Follow our NICU experience: http://adairpickle.wordpress.com/
#65 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 PM

Pokey~ Hugs... I am so sorry for your loss...candle.gif. Know that you and your DP are in my thoughts and prayers.

AFM~ nothing much to report. I'm on antibiotics for a kidney infection and the cellulitus. I'm feeling better and am back to the gym...bikenew.gif.

Good luck to all of you in the TWW....baby dust...dust.gif

Have a great Monday!!!!

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#66 of 243 Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Pokey.. BIG BIG HUGS... I tried the letrazol and did not do much for me. I got one big follicle. This time was injectables and my ins covers 80 percent, and the Menapur cost me 135.00.. Yowza.. though I did get good follicles.. I still did not get preg. The think with injectables is you have to take a cycle off .. so I tried in April, taking May off.. if try in June and not pregnant then have to take July off. Good luck in your decisions. I second Nores.. the injectables were much less crazy making!

Hi everyone else

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#67 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Pokey: *Hugs* hug.gif I'm so sorry for your loss.

Regarding your question, you have the best chance of catching a good egg with 3-4 follicles, according to the studies. The injectables are expensive, but a 5-day dose (1 month) of Bravelle was $150.00 for us after the insurance picked up the tab. It's expensive, but doable. They are much less crazy-making than the Clomid.

Mother to one dd .
#68 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 06:35 AM

Pokey: Sending lots of hugs your way!! grouphug.gif I'm sorry you had to go through that and wish you the best of luck with future tries! Hang in there!

AFM: No good news to report. Tested for the past three days and not even a hint on a second line. Today is 13DPO for me. I'm trying to stay positive knowing that sometimes positives don't show up until later - but its hard not to be a bit disappointed.

dust.gif to everyone TTC in May!

Me (27) and DW (33) TTC #1

#69 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 AM

I just wanted to pop in and send some <3 to Pokey. I remember when we were cycle buds. I was so excited and happy for you when I saw you got a BFP. My heart is broken for you. Big hugs. 

Hello new people! I hope your stays are short and sweet. Hello TWW'rs. I hope you're all getting really pregnant right now. 

I am so incredibly jealous of everyone who's insurance is covering any percentage of injectables. The Follistim/Ovidrel prescription for our next cycle is over $800 out of pocket, which of course doesn't include all the other stuff we have to pay for - bloodwork, ultrasounds, the actual insemination, sperm.  And I'm still trying to make my peace with the needles - I admit that nosreves testimony makes me feel a lot better, so thanks for posting that, nos! I think we might be pushing our next try back to August instead of June. June is only three weeks away and we're feeling like the metformin hasn't been the magic solution we'd hoped for. 

OK I'm going back to lurking. Sticky baby dust to everyone! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#70 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM

I'm so sorry, Pokey hug2.gif

M (42) stillheart.gif L (42) stillheart.gif DS (2) stillheart.gif 3 kitties familybed1.gif

Due 5/4/13 with #2

My blog: http://www.path2parenthood.wordpress.com

#71 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Once again, I wrote out a long email over the weekend, and my lame computer at home ate it. I don't know why it hates MDC so much!

Pokey, I am so, so, sorry. My first pregnancy (last time around) ended in an early loss, and I remember that sadness and heartbreak. I'm sending you and your partner lots of healing and love.

Wanna, I'm sorry about the BFN. I hope that you are one of those people who just test positive late. Hugs and good wishes.

mrsandmrs, Lack of insurance sucks. We are very blessed to have $10,000 worth of infertility coverage this time. That doesn't pay for sperm, but it does pay for the meds and procedures. So, not enough to cover everything if we hit the big guns, but much better than nothing. Last time I lived in a state with mandatory infertility coverage, but only for straight married folks. That was maddening. When I got to my current job, our policy was the same way, but I talked to HR and they changed it, which is super awesome. I love my job.

Okay, everyone, today is the day to get on the phone, get on email, get on Facebook, and urge everyone you know in North Carolina to VOTE AGAINST AMENDMENT ONE tomorrow. The Amendment will prohibit recognition of any domestic relationship outside of marriage, and will hurt gay and straight people across the state. The election is going to be close, and every single vote counts. Please, do this for me. Thanks.:)

AFM, I don't want to jinx anything, but I feel some symptoms. I've had cramping, and my boobs are sore and tingly. We'll see what happens. I'll be 10dpo tomorrow and will probably test then. Fingers crossed!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#72 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Angela- My fingers are so crossed for you!!! Let us know what the stick says!

Pokey- candle.gif hug2.gifI am so sorry for your loss. 

Mrs- I hear you on the lack of insurance coverage. Although I do have pretty good insurance, it doesn't cover anything regarding TTC. It really adds up! I hope the metformin starts doing what its supposed to for you.

Wanna- I'm still crossing my fingers for you. And yes, DPI means days past ovulation. Our RE did the same as yours. We went in about 30 hours or so after a positive OPK. By my estimate I O'd the next day.

Monti- Good luck on Thursday! I hear ya on the thought of a two year old and twins. My good friend has a two and a half year old boy and is currently pregnant with twins. She is gonna be one busy Mama! Funny thing is, they were that one in however-many-thousands that got pregnant with twins without any medical intervention!

Nos- I am still so thrilled for you and your DP and your twins!!!!!! You asked about IUI or ICI for us. Our intentions are to do IUIs. My dr. told us that we are probably doing closer to an ICI at home than an IUI because she said something about not going in far enough or something. I'm not sure. I don't feel like our chances are increased by enough to pay that much extra to have the sperm be potentially placed just a little bit higher. 

Queen- All the hoops are ridiculous. My fingers are crossed for you guys to be pregnant ASAP.

AFM- Today is 12 DPI/11 DPO and another BFN. I really just wanted to crawl back into bed and hide there today but I put on my big girl panties and faced the day anyway. I'm pretty sure that its real and not "just too early." Ugh. I hate TTC.   My hat really goes off to you ladies who have been at this for as long as some of you have. I don't know how you all do it but you are all so strong and give me so much hope. 

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#73 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that, pokey. I wish I could answer your question about the drugs, but I don't have experience with them.

By the way, has anyone here taken vitex, aka chasteberry?

I don't normally do herbal supplements, but one of the midwives at the practice where I go mentioned it. I am also likely to start Clomid next cycle, and lots of non-scientific chat online says you shouldn't mix them, but she told me she thought it was OK.

I got my SECOND surge of the cycle today, day 27. First surge was day 10. It's clear my midwife practice is slow to suggest that an RE might be warranted, but I'm kind of glad about that, because I haven't tried the Clomid yet.

One annoying thing is that I hardly ever get to talk to the same midwife twice. The one who returned my call today is going to confer with a more senior midwife about the double surge.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#74 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Wow - I didn't notice the change to nosreves' sig until hopeful mentioned her twins! Congrats girl!

stork-suprise.gif    stork-suprise.gif

#75 of 243 Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry, pokey greensad.gif

And hi and fingers crossed for everyone else. I think I'm keeping the thread up to date.....I'm just suddenly even busier than my usual busy life....

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#76 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Pokey - grouphug.gif I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Hopeful - Nice to see you again too :) Isn't the spring sale a hoot?! We're ordering later this week! Yippee! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Gelly - What a coincidence! I think that means you should try the program winky.gif My race is on Sunday and then I am going to graduate to the Couch to 10k program! ahhh! Maybe we could do a race together sometime! Sorry to hear about your kidney problems - Nicki had a stone in December and it wasn't fun. 

nos - Hi!!! I am so over the moon happy for you and your two(!!) little beans. YAY!!!

wave.gif to everyone else! I hope you all are having a lovely week. 

AFM - Just waiting on AF - she should be here by Thursday or Friday and then we will place our order! YAY! I'm running a 5k on Sunday (Y-Me Race at Your Pace) - I'm running in honor of my wonderful/brave/amazing Aunt who has been fighting breast cancer since February of last year. She is now scheduled for her LAST surgery on 5/22 and then will hopefully be in the clear for many, many years to come. I want to keep running while TTC - anyone know if that's ok? Like in the TWW should I hold off? Or is that an irrational fear? 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#77 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Hi everyone!

AngelaM: Go symptoms go!! Lol I've thought to myself I'd be happy if I was nauseous in the morning, lol, what a crazy thought! Good luck! - Did you test yet? Also I love in NC and voted today against Amendment 1. Unfortunately I think it will pass greensad.gif

Hopeful: thanks for the encouragement and dont give up yet! I spoke with a woman at my fertility clinic this morning about ordering more sperm and she told me to wait until Monday to really confirm I'm not pregnant. So maybe we're just late bloomers!

MrsPP: The nurse that did my IUI told me not to exercise that night (that it could burst something, dont remember what it was) and the sheet I got of things not to do listed exercising to the point where your heart rate gets above 140. I have been paranoid and have given up exercise during the TWW, but part of me thinks thats a little excessive. For me though it makes me feel better to think I'm being extra cautious with such a sensitive time. I'd probably ask your doctor for the official response. Good luck!

AFM: 13DPO and still testing negative shake.gif Slowly losing hope but trying to stay positive about it. I got a little more hope from talking to my fertility clinic today and them telling me not to order more sperm yet. So still wishing for the best! redface.gif

Me (27) and DW (33) TTC #1

#78 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Pokey: Awwww fiddlesticks (replace with much more colourful language).  :(  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope that your next round you get a sticky bean that actually sticks around!!  But YOU CAN GET PREGNANT!!!!!  This is exciting!!!  I wish you decent weather for lots of long walks and expensive tissue and good cries with DW so that you're ready to keep moving.  

MrsPP: continuing to work out is still fine while TTC.  I wouldn't hold back on it.  They're running big articles in one of the local newspapers on the importance of being super active while pregnant (a far cry from what it use to be, where they encouraged pregnant women to sit down and stay down until they had the baby).  

Wanna: Bummer about the BFN!  I hated seeing the ugly blank space staring up at me (and DW's the one we're trying to knock up).

Hopeful: I'm sorry about your BFN too!  To answer your question about "how we do this" when we've been at this for so long, is that you just learn to keep putting one feet in front of the other.  DW and I have locked away a lot of our feelings about our future kids because it just hurts to dwell on them too much.  We talk about much longer spans of time, things like kindergarten and baby's first food and stupid things like that, we've had to stop talking too much about the monthly BFNs, and we just don't talk about our KDs crappy sperm at ALL.

AFU: The crazy-making continues!  I'm kind of relieved we're not TTC at the moment.  Both of us are wrapping out our respective jobs in Girl Guides (both of us finish our terms for our positions this year).  DW won two awards last night for her outstanding service to Girl Guides, so that was really exciting!  We did grown up things and went and dealt with getting life insurance too!  We're starting to flip through the donor choices, which is fun!  

Anyways, the cardboard dumpster downstairs was finally emptied this morning, so we can go and fill it again.  Mwahahahaha.

Cheers and peace out!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#79 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Pokey: Just logging on to give you a virtual hug. I know how much it hurts, even when you tell yourself it's okay. And knowing you can get pregnant is good but it's okay if sometimes that isn't a comfort. I've discovered in my three miscarriage process that getting pregnant is only half the battle. Staying pregnant (and giving birth to a live child) is a whole other part of the battle. Lots of healing thoughts to you.

MrsPP: Here's the thing on exercise. Doctors mostly don't want to see you upping what you're body is used to or starting a whole new program during most all of the process. But if you're already a runner, then continuing with your program (especially during the TWW) is vital. Keeping healthy is a very important part of getting and staying pregnant so you need to incorporate that properly. I'm a triathlete and I have gotten pregnant three times while still running and I've tried to do nothing and still lost the pregnancy. The one caveat is if you're using injectibles. Injectibles increase your follies and size of the ovaries and you can run the risk of a rare thing called Ovarian Torsion. But even when you're on injectibles they say you may exercise moderately, they just encourage you not to do a lot of twisting or bouncing so running would need to be minimized if not cut out. But if you're just doing regular TTC (including IUIs) then you're safe to continue.

Besides, lower BMI is a good thing. There is some proof that a higher BMI can increase your risk for miscarriage and sometimes infertility issues are linked with higher BMIs.

Best of luck.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#80 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM

BFN and I'm pretty sure this piece of sh*t amendment is about to pass.greensad.gif

No time/energy for personals. Been at the polls all day, relaxing now with friends. But sad.

#81 of 243 Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Pokey, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and DP are in my thoughts hug2.gif

Angela & Wanna, I am also super disheartened to hear the news. When it was pushed to my phone I couldn't hold back a "f*ck my life." No, I don't live in NC, but a barrier for family in one state is a barrier for us all. May all those asshole Republicans come to their senses soon enough. P.s. welcome to you Wanna. May your time here be informative and supportive.

Nos- Twins!!!??? How exciting! Congrats Mama!

AFU- DP went to the bathroom to test on 12 DPI and discovered AF. She tested anyway, but it was negative as expected. Sucks... I know we've only been at this thing for two months, but I'm also feeling pretty stressed out by all the warnings and possible things to try or not try to "help" get pregnant and stay pregnant. It's all crazy making to me. I wish we could just stop trying and then magically get pregnant. Of course this can't happen, but I find myself grieving that a lot. Do any of you feel this way too? I wish I could just get over it. I'm not straight- it won't happen naturally. End of story, right? But I'm still sad about it.

As for this cycle, I'm not sure what we'll do. We set the fertility monitor yesterday morning to Day 5, so we're just waiting till it tells us that she can pee on a stick. Our finances are totally f*ck*d from having to pay for everything for FIL's funeral and all the travel expenses. We may not have enough to even try for a couple of months, but I'm going to look at NW Cryobank now that y'all mentioned they are having a sale. 

xoxo everyone. Be back soon.

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#82 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 AM

Angela, Wanna, and Soto - I'm so sorry to hear about the BFNs.

Soto, I totally hear you on grieving that it won't just magically happen for us. We can't just "relax and stop trying" as supposedly works so often for straight couples. Many times I have felt ticked off that lesbians do so many things (some needed, some maybe not) to get pregnant, like all the testing/monitoring, drugs/foods/supplements, the expense, etc. Even though I haven't used drugs yet, I've still felt like I grieved every new step  -- going from at-home insems to clinic, daily opk testing due to irregular cycle, daily temping, cervix viewing with a speculum, and now most likely starting clomid next cycle. Yet I know there's always someone who has tried longer and done more --- always someone for whom I sound innocent and idealistic in my hopes that relatively little intervention will work, just like the people who are just starting out sometimes sound innocent to me. We all hope we'll get pregnant quickly, and some do, and some don't. My best to you!

#83 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

I hope your transfer goes perfect tomorrow, gloom!

MrsPP: I don't usually do heavy exercise in the 2WW but lately I don't do heavy exercise anytime! I would think for me it would be a shock to suddenly run a marathon when I'm not used to it. Unless it's really strenuous I would imagine exercise is a good idea anytime! Do what feels right to you :)

darth: Congrats to your DP on the awards :) Have fun picking out a donor and yes, perhaps the next time I'm out your way I will send you a message and we can meet up!

Angela: Weren't you just 10DPO yesterday? Too early!!

soto: Sorry about AF :( And yes, 2 months isn't a terribly long time although I know it feels like it. It will happen!

wanna: I'm sorry about the negative. I hope you don't have to order more sperm at all.

Afm: CD12 and still low on the monitor. Slightly surprising to me as I was expecting a high this morning. I've had a small amount of ewcm the last 2 nights and starting to get a bit crampy. It doesn't look like I'll O before CD16 which was my goal. Acupuncture tonight and then heading to the Black Keys concert :)

#84 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Started spotting today. I'm sorry for being so lame, everyone. I really am reading along and cheering you all on. This whole amendment battle has just completely depleted me. Maybe it's not the best month to have conceived anyway. More personals soon, I promise.

#85 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Hugs AngelaM...remember that we are all on the right side of history...and eventually such horrific amendments will be history and our grandchildren will scoff that they were ever a reality.  (I hope and pray) hug2.gif

Pokey-sorry, that sucks hug2.gif

Wanna and Soto...BFNs suck...hugs.

AFM--dw's cervical polyp removal went well and all looked good.  Then, unexpectedly, AF arrived 10 days early (24 day cycle...shortest cycle she'd ever had) so we are back in the game and she had a good baseline ultrasound today.  The doc is doubling her femara and this month we are going to do two IUI.  Fingers crossed that we'll have a valentine's baby stillheart.gif in 2013.  In the world unrelated to conception--my mom died suddenly and DS had the stomach flu.  So, the past month has been pretty horrific.  Hopefully, things will turn around soon.  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#86 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Carmen- I hope your O comes when you want it to and that you have fun at acupuncture and the concert!

outdoorsy- I get kind of bitter sometimes too about all we have to do and how much it costs.  I would love to relax and just get busy and hope for a surprise.  Oh well.  Nothing we can do about that.  I read the other boards on here and there are plenty of straight folks with access to free sperm who have a lot of trouble TTC also.  There's no real rhyme or reason to why some people get pregnant when they do and others don't.  I understand what you mean about grieving each new step.  I had wanted to do this naturally, and I kind of feel like a sell out sometimes, but it also feels nice to put things in someone else's hands too.

To answer your earlier question, I have been taking Vitex for a while.  I take the liquid 4 times a day.  I did notice changes in my cycle.  I can't remember what exactly but I think it helped improve my lining.  It takes a while to reach maximum efficacy, so the sooner the better to start.  I hadn't heard anything about not mixing it with Clomid, but I didn't ask. I took them at the same time.

Soto - I'm so sorry to hear about AF's arrival.  It stings every time.  This whole process is totally crazy-making!  I feel like each cycle is different from the last, and there are surprises around every corner.  I hope you are able to try again soon!

Angela - I'm very sorry to hear that AF is on her way! What a crappy week.  I remember how heartbroken we were when Prop 8 passed in California.  We were in mourning for a while.  I just heard that President Obama came out in support of same-sex marriage, so things may be changing sooner than we think. 

TunaQueen - Fiddlesticks, exactly!  Apparently, I have a potty mouth, so I know what you mean.  Wink wink.  Good luck finding a new donor, and I hope your break is restorative and productive. 

Wanna - I'm really sorry to hear about your BFN.  Did you test again today?  It would be awesome if it worked the first time, and sometimes it does.  Hang in there!

MrsPP - Good luck with your new cycle and on your 5k.  I believe it is fine to continue any exercise you've been doing already.  Exercise is important to staying pregnant as Krista mentioned.  I was told not to get my heart rate above 160, but that's not usually an issue for me. 

Hopeful - I'm so sorry about your BFN!  This process does wear you down, but it's early for you so don't give up yet! 

Gloomcookie -  Good luck with your FET tomorrow!  Sending sticky bean vibes your way!

mrsandmrs - I'm sorry the metformin isn't doing its job.  I hope you don't have to wait too long for the next try. 

wishin & hopin -  I'm glad the polyp removal went well and you and DP are back on track!  I'm very sorry to hear about your mother.  You have a lot to deal with right now.  Take good care.

AFM - Thank you to everyone for your sweet messages and hugs.  We needed them.  We are doing better.  Saturday night we went to the NCLR (National Center for Lesbian Rights) gala, and that is always a lot of fun.  We drank too much wine and ate some yummy food.  Jane Lynch was honored and so were 6 teenagers from Minnesota who sued their school district for not doing anything to prevent or stop anti-gay bullying.  It's so inspirational to see kids who are not afraid to be out and to speak up for themselves and their classmates.  And it's really cool to see their parents there supporting them.  Sunday the weather was great and we took it easy, but we had to close the windows because we could hear our neighbor talking about her pregnancy with a guest.  It made my wife cry.  It always breaks my heart to see her so sad.  I only told a few people but everyone has been really supportive. 

I know people often tell women who've miscarried,"Well, at least you know you can get pregnant."  It always seemed like that wouldn't be much consolation, but it kind of is a little bit.  It was nice to be pregnant at all and to see the positive test.  Of course, staying pregnant until the baby is ready to be born is the most important thing, but you can't get there without first getting pregnant.  I've been doing research but we haven't made any plans for the next cycle yet.  I looked at the calendar and it looks like I might ovulate in June around my DW's birthday.  This is awesome, but one of the people I work for is going to be out of the office 3 days that week.  He is rarely out of the office, but this is the third time he's planned a trip around my fertile time.  Crazy coincidences!  Oh well.  Who knows what will happen?  The best of luck to all of you!  We've got a few weeks left in may to have some successes! 

#87 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM

MtnLisa - Can we add you to graduates?

#88 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM

angela...such hard news in your homestate.... and extra hugs for bfn and spotting...be kind to yourself

soto... am sorry to hear you have a bfn...hang in there...and be kind to yourselves..this process is not easy

wanna....hugs ..sorry you got a bfn greensad.gif

outdoorsy...yes the costs and hoops we have to jump through seem unfair at times...

wishin....imso sorry to about your mom..were you close with her...it must be really hard.big big

i know i'm missing people but i'm.on my phone ...

afm...had my hsg today....that was not fun...didnt enjoy that one bit...but the dr said my tubes looked great, open.and clear!!!

PS... if you are on metformin and going to do hsg...you r supposed to stop metformin 3/5days before procedure...yeah no one told me that...but i chose to do hsg anyways because the risk was sooo tiny....

mrs and mrs...metformin takes three months to really start working...ive been o
n for ,7 months ..hang in there

pokey..glad to hear you r making a plan and researching !

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#89 of 243 Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin'&hopin' View Post

AFM--dw's cervical polyp removal went well and all looked good.  Then, unexpectedly, AF arrived 10 days early (24 day cycle...shortest cycle she'd ever had) so we are back in the game and she had a good baseline ultrasound today.  The doc is doubling her femara and this month we are going to do two IUI.  Fingers crossed that we'll have a valentine's baby stillheart.gif in 2013.  In the world unrelated to conception--my mom died suddenly and DS had the stomach flu.  So, the past month has been pretty horrific.  Hopefully, things will turn around soon.  

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for your loss - I don't even know what else to say! Big hugs to you hug2.gif

#90 of 243 Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the hugs.  My mother and I had the very definition of an "it's complicated" relationship.  But, regardless, it's been a rough month and I'm rather bummed she never met our son (or made it to any of the major life events I've had in the past 15 years or so...).  It's odd to not have parents anymore (my dad died in 95).

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page