Help with my paper on LGBTQ breastfeeding, please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-21-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hola!

Im studying to be a Lactation Consultant, and I would like to do my paper on LGBTQ breastfeeding. The idea is create a model of attention for diverse families, where things like language (in my country we use feminine and masculine pronouns, for example) and theory (a country heavily influenced by early psychology, all the literature talks about father`s role and mother`s role) are not heteronormative. I would like to research things like relactation, lactation induction in non gestating mother, brestfeeding in trans families, acces to human milk for families where none of the parents are able to lactate. Where I`m from, LGBTQ groups have been very busy with rights and inclusion, but I cant find any info on brestyfeeding. Im planning on doing interviews with families, but I also would like to be pointed towards published research on the web. I appreciate any help I can get from you!

Thank you!

Delfina

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM

we would be happy to talk to you in and share our story.  my DP is BFing our baby girl and it has been a wonderful expereince.

Two semi-crunchy mommas in Indy taking every day as it comes!  Baby #1 born 1/14/12 at home!

winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gif

#3 of 3 Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM

A MDC member recently posted about a study she was doing. Here is a link to her question.  Perhaps her research has been completed?

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1224457/inducing-lactation/20#post_16867074 

I don't know much about queer specific research that's out there.  Our family is queer but we don't have experience with the issues you're looking at.  

There is a very nice blog somewhere by a nursing dad.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page