QQOTD- Queer Question of the Day - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 196 Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

seraf -- that *TOTALLY* counts.  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#182 of 196 Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM

It is absolutely not my intention to hijack the current QOTD, but we're cleaning out old arty things I made and I wondered if anyone in here wanted a ceramic mask?  A couple years ago I discovered that I really enjoyed making weird and whimsical masks from clay and glazing them, but as it turns out I'm not great at selling them.  Now we're trying to get rid of them, since they've just been sitting in a drawer for two years.  Any takers?  I'll ship 'em to ya.  Please?  See photos below.  All are ready to hang. 

So, my answer for the QOTD: Usually, I love doing romantic things for DW.  At the moment, I'm extremely displeased with myself because I can't think of anything recent I've done for her that's romantic.  She says that I've made her feel loved, if that is covered by the QOTD...  Some examples of romantic things I like to do: Surprise her at bedtime with a bedroom full of flickering candles and give her a great massage until she falls asleep.  Make her special homemade presents so she knows how special she is.  Buy her flowers at random.  For our first anniversary, I got us a hotel room at a resort here in town and asked them to spread rose petals all over the bed and have candles and chocolate covered strawberries - but they didn't.  Hmm.  It's the thought that counts, right? 

Man in the moon

Starry-eyed

Genie in a bottle

Maori warrior

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#183 of 196 Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 AM

Those masks are awesome!

#184 of 196 Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 AM

I'm not really romantic. Neither is my DP though so it works out well ;)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#185 of 196 Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I have had to work at being more romantic in this relationship.  I must admit, it does not always come naturally.  For our 3rd anniversary, I planned an extravaganza weekend.  We stayed in a nice hotel in the city, had a yummy dinner, and went on a double-decker bus tour of San Francisco.  It was fun to be tourists for the weekend.  For our first Valentine's Day, I sent my wife a giant balloon bouquet because she said she preferred balloons to flowers.  They were pretty fantastic, and she loved them.  I guess the good flip side of me not being very romantic is that I don't expect a ton of romance and am therefore, easily impressed.  My wife does sweet things all the time.  Anyway, today is our 6-year anniversary (it will be our 2-year wedding anniversary next month).  We are celebrating with a steak dinner!  This is kind of funny because when we met, I was a vegetarian.  I was one for 20 years.  After we started dating, I got the idea that it might be ok to expand my diet a bit.  I started eating seafood and fish and then everything else.  Some people like to think it was my DW's influence that turned me, but I think it would have happened anyway.  Filet mignon is romantic to me, and I can't wait to spend a romantic evening with my gal. 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#186 of 196 Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 PM

I am the less romantic of us.. For my birthday this year.. she compiled 5 of our favorite songs.. took verses from each and hired this guy in NY to put it together and make a song... and sing it.. it was pretty romantic... She is very creative and thinks out of the box...

I am not so much.. I am simple and really need to get creative for her b day in Dec...

Pokey.. I love filet minion.. Sounds like my kind of anniversary!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#187 of 196 Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

The title of this article cracked me up.  Bill Nye the science guy is so funny.  orngtongue.gif  I think it would be hard to convince parents not to teach their children their beliefs.  What do y'all think?  I believe in evolution and a little bit of creationism in a very illogical way because that's what works for me.  Wasn't there a Friends episode about this?  Ross trying to convince Phoebe that evolution is real and she keeps denying it.

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-nye-science-guy-says-creationism-not-good-101837975.html

In a related note, we were walking near our home, here in Oakland, California, and we saw a billboard for the Creation Museum.  That's in Kentucky.  It seemed funny that they were advertising 3000 miles away and in such a liberal neighborhood.  Plus, the billboard just had a big dinosaur on it.  From that, you might think it was just a nice natural history museum.  Interesting...

#188 of 196 Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Pokey-- I don't have a problem in believing both to some degree. There are a great many things in this world that I am ok saying, 'well, I don't understand all of this, but I don't really need to.' And then just believing what makes sense to me. I wouldn't try to convince anyone else to believe the way I do, though, which I feel is the main difference between me and all of the crazy evangelicals who want to legislate everyone else into following their beliefs. Those billboards are everywhere. We saw them all over the place from Florida to Illinois. I actually wanted to go (my dad and his wife said the dioramas of dinosaurs being killed in the flood were hilarious) but I felt like I couldn't put our daughter at risk of all the hate I'm sure we would get if anyone caught on to the fact that she has two (count them! TWO!) mamas and I didn't really want to support them financially. So I just live vicariously through his vacation photos...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#189 of 196 Old 08-28-2012, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

There are some times when I figure it doesn't really matter what I believe.  It is what it is.  Not believing in evolution doesn't make its effects any less real.  It doesn't stop the process of natural selection.  I think it's good to learn about both sides of any subject so that you can form your own opinions, not just believe what someone tells you to.  I agree with you about not forcing your beliefs on others through legislation.  Definitely a big problem!

#190 of 196 Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Is anyone here a member of donor sibling registry (dot) org? (written that way so people googling the URL won't get this page). I googled my donor number and found a posting by a family, but I can't read it if I'm not a member. How much info do families usually post on there? Do you like the site?

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#191 of 196 Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Ourdoorsy: I'm a member of the site. People post dramatically different amounts of information, from almost nothing to lots. If you want to PM me your bank name and donor number I'll look up the info for you and send it to you.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#192 of 196 Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks! I will!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#193 of 196 Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Question for cloth wipe users: What's your preferred wipe solution recipe?  I've found a lot that ask for Lavender oil, and that just ain't happening here.  We really hate the smell of lavender.  Thanks in advance! 

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#194 of 196 Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Desert, we just use water. We wet them when we are about to use them so they are stored dry. I'm with you on lavender.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#195 of 196 Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
we do about 1/8c olive oil, 1T baby shampoo, and 8 drops each of tea tree and lavender--but you could skip that, change it to lemon, almond, whatever. It doesn't matter much if you leave it out, especially since it's just for the smell. tea tree is antiseptic.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#196 of 196 Old 09-14-2012, 06:02 PM

We just used water as well. Sometimes a drop of tea tree oil but not often.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif

Tags
Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page