Queer Conceptions June 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 190 Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jenny: that's exciting!!!  I hear you about the getting off one's tush and moving.  I've gained a solid 20lbs since I've been with DW...  yikes!  Once you really get into the groove you'll notice that you MISS working out when you don't do it (right now, since I've just finished my work set and thus haven't been at the gym in 4 days, that I'm craving it!).  That's a really good motivator.  I hear you about the water though... :P  I'm not sure what's in the shakes, but I make a protein shake for breakfast which involves 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 banana, 1-2 cups of baby spinach, and sometimes half a scoop of protein powder.  Those really sort me out.  You could try making protein bars to tide you over until you actually eat dinner.  My work schedule means that I don't eat dinner until 8:30/9pm on some days, so I *have* to have something to eat.  I have a big sugar issue, if I start it's all over...  Good luck though!!  It sounds like you're really working towards better health for YOU.

Pokey: no valium, but I'll make sure to pack the rescue remedy when I take her (if I actually DO take her).  Thanks for being thread keeper!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#182 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 AM

darth, I had read that taking some advil about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before the procedure would help. I also got some anti anxiety homeopathics to take right before. The lead up to it was MUCH worse than the actual test. It's wasn't fun but it wasn't terrible. I hope it goes well.

Afm: Well, I'm off to get my blood test in about an hour. I also have my final presentation to the executive team on the training I've been doing and a final exam tomorrow. Perfect timing, huh? Symptoms haven't come back. I haven't had any spotting or cramping but I wouldn't really expect spotting while taking the progesterone. My DP and I had a short talk about whether we will call it quits if this doesn't work out. She doesn't really like to talk about it at all so I take what I can get when she will talk about it. She still really wants to try but knows she will be happy with her life even if we don't is basically what I got from her. I'm not sure I'm up for it though. I'll be back later tonight to update. Thanks again for the support as I go through this.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#183 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Carmen: <3  Hoping for fantastic news today.   Also, I just got an email that the book "What Makes A Baby" is now available for purchase:

You can now buy print copies at www.what-makes-a-baby.com.  And you can get the eBook edition on iTunes and Amazon

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#184 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Tunaqueen-  I second what Carmen said.  It's not that bad.  I did too much googling beforehand and it kind of freaked me out, so don't do that.  Rescue Remedy sounds like a great idea.  It's cool to see your lady parts up on the TV.

Carmen - I hope all the big things you have to do this week turn out well.  We support you no matter what.  grouphug.gif

Jenny - Thanks for the info.  I shall be adding that to my wishlist now!

AFM- Thanks to everyone!  I enjoyed being threadkeeper.  Unfortunately, it looks like we were not successful again this time.  Even with the progesterone, I started spotting the other day.  I've also have had no real pregnancy symptoms.  My breasts aren't sore at all, and they usually are before AF.  They weren't sore last month either when I took a break and didn't take any drugs.  I also cut back on Vitex that month.  My temps were kind of weird this cycle too.  It makes me wonder if something weird happened.  I just don't know.  It's a mystery to me.  I was feeling really sad yesterday because this is wearing me down.  I was thinking maybe I'll never have a baby.  I guess I was feeling sorry for myself.  And I was worried that we might need to take a break for financial reasons.  I talked to my wife and she said we should be ok to try next month.  We'll figure it out.  I made an appointment with the counselor who works with my RE.  I think it will be good to talk to someone about all of this.  The stress does not help.  And the visit is free!  Finally, something I don't have to pay for. 

My wife gets back tonight.  I'm so glad she'll be home but I think she will be worried about her mom and exhausted from caring for her.  Plus we are both sad and stressed over TTC.  Luckily, next week is a holiday.  I hope we can have a little fun and relax cause we need it.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#185 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 AM

Pokey:  Big hugs to you and DP.  Sounds like you need a nice retreat to the beach!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#186 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Jenny: Thanks for the head's up! I've ordered a copy :)

pokey: I'm sorry you're feeling down hug2.gif Just to clarify though...has AF actually started for you? Have you tested?

Afm: Well, I got my second beta back. I was completely shocked to see that it had more than doubled bigeyes.gif Seriously, I had completely given up all hope and my DP and I were actually discussing doing IVF with KD and going through the 6 month quarantine. Beta today was 545. That's a 35.75 hour doubling time (I took into account the extra 8 hours between tests). So, I'm past the first hurdle. Now I just wait until my 7 week u/s and hold my breath until then. Of course tonight I'm having moderate cramping that just started and it's freaking me out! I'm so, so thankful to all of you for riding this rollercoaster with me.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#187 of 190 Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM

CARMEN:  Stick baby, stick!  Those are GREAT numbers!! I really hope this babe hangs on tight!  <3

#188 of 190 Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 AM

Carmen, so happy for your (more than) doubling beta! i'll be holding you and yours in my thoughts.

afu, can we be moved to wainting to O? I'm thinking insem will be around July 11/12th... DS was conceived July 9th 2010!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#189 of 190 Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 AM

Yay for a great beta, Carmen! I understand why you're holding your breath, but hopefully all will be great again at your u/s. My fingers are crossed for a sticky bean for you!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#190 of 190 Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Come on over to July QC!!

Here is the link: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1356884/queer-conceptions-july-2012

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page