Queer Conceptions July 2012 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2WW in Seattle

We just joined today and just went through our first insemination process at the beginning of this month.  We know it's rare for it to happen on the first try but we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Welcome.gif MonkCP!  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.  Tell us more about yourselves.  Good luck in the TWW!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#93 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM

Hello All!  We just joined today!  We are about 2 weeks away from 1st AI for baby #2.  Baby #1 was also conceived via AI and is now 7.  

Heather (40) heartbeat.gif Kim (46):  Co-parenting Cole (7) and TTC #2

#94 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Hi to all the newbies!! Happy to have you here!

xo,

Abby rainbow1284.gif computergeek2.gif

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#95 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Carmen: I'm sending you so much love and many hugs to you and DP!  <3

Still catching up on everyone else, I somehow missed the new thread and wondered why things got so quiet.  :-)

AFM:   AF just started, so now I'm trying to decided whether to go ahead and try this cycle, or wait until the next one.  My cycles run about 45 days, so this means I would be pushed out to an insem sometime around Sept 3 (labor day, how appropriate!).  Otherwise, if I do this cycle I'd insem somewhere around 7-23 or 7-24.  I had my heart set on August -- and both of these dates are SO CLOSE to August.  Anyone have any cosmic feelings of yes or no on this cycle as my first try??  LOL! 

AngelaM:   If I waited we could be cycle buddies, maybe.... also are you going to see IG in Ptown?

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#96 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Welcome.gif Heatherandkim!  I also hope your stay is short and sweet.  Good luck with TTC #2!  Tell us more about yourselves.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#97 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

HeatherandKim:  My partner and I are also about two weeks away from an insemination to try and conceive our second child. It feels like such a roller coaster! 

We have never done inseminations, as the first time we jumped right to IVF in order to have our daughter genetically related to my partner. 

So I am just about to start meds and am still breastfeeding my daughter.  I am assured that this is safe because hormones are large and do not pass through breast milk.  Many hormones are also injectibles because they are not bioavailable orally (which helps for not being available in breast milk).  Still does anyone have experience breastfeeding and taking fertility medications?

Darthtunaqueen:  Salt Spring Island is amazing - very queer friendly with an amazing pride. For a small community it is incredible. Yet we still do not know other parenting lesbians, which is difficult.  Also, I find talking to many straight people about lesbian conception involves a lot of education and often I do not feel up for anatomy lessons etc.  We are spending a lot of time in Vancouver over the coming weeks to TTC there so I am looking forward to time in a city.

#98 of 184 Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Following along but no energy for personals other than a big hug to Carmen and a welcome to the new folks!

AFM, July is crazy in our house so we won't try until August at the soonest (possibly September, BFN #3 was a big bummer and we may need a couple of months...and we're going to need more sperm and don't quite have the money at hand).  So, taking a break and still licking our wounds from last month...

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#99 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherJenny View Post

AngelaM:   If I waited we could be cycle buddies, maybe.... also are you going to see IG in Ptown?

I love cycle buddies! We'll be inseminating mid-August, if all goes well. Also, I keep wracking my brains and I feel like there must be an obvious answer, but what's IG?

Hi to everyone else and welcome to the new folks! We are still on our break, which is good. It's nice having some time off...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#100 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM

AngelaM: LOL!  Indigo Girls!

AFM: After much thinking and discussion, I've decided to go this cycle because next cycle wouldn't be until sometime in the beginning of September and that just seems like FOREVER.  Looking like July 23 or 24 for IUI if all goes according to plan!  Today is CD1, so can you please move me to Waiting to O?

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#101 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherJenny View Post

AngelaM: LOL!  Indigo Girls!

Oops! There goes my toaster...

JustAnotherJenny likes this.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#102 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Hello all! I've been lurking for a while trying to get things figured out for ttc. I took everybody's advice and checked into the logistics of using a KD in a doctor's office. Of course, you were correct, everyone requires a quarantine period. I also ran into trouble finding a place in town that was willing to work with us. I was even told directly by a handful of places that they won't work with LGBT people. So... luckily, the KD that wanted to donate through an office kind of fell through. We realized that he and his wife were not as comfortable with the process as they originally thought they were, so we started looking for other options. 

We picked out a couple donors from a bank, but it is really out of our price range. So, a few weeks ago, I bit the bullet and asked one of my coworkers. He and his husband have been together forever, and apparently he has always assumed he would donate to someone at some point. Thankfully that someone is me!!!! 

He is so on top of things it is amazing. He got tested on his own without any prodding from us. He has been researching what the process will look like for him. And, today he signed the donor agreement that we made up. I'm nervous to even say it, but.... it looks like we are just waiting to O!  smile.gif  First donation is going to be this Sunday if my signs continue to line up!  :) 

Just another Jenny & Angela: So, I'm not in Ptown, but I'm going to the IG concert here in KC. My wife got me tickets for my birthday :) 

#103 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post

Oops! There goes my toaster...

And there goes mine too...  But I never really liked them anyways, I was (and still am) an Ani fan.  Gotta love her.  I listened to "Little Plastic Castle" on endless repeat as I was coming out.  :D

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#104 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM

lol @ Angela! Thanks for the laugh :)

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#105 of 184 Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 PM

oh yes- and may we please be moved to Waiting to O as well? It's looking like DW will O on Sunday or Monday and we'll go in for our fourth insem. Also, we might switch up our donor this time. Tonight we looked at the sperm bank website again and found another guy whom we'd liked before, but decided to skip over. He has had pregnancies, but this sperm bank doesn't say whether or not those pregnancies have resulted in live births. We looked on donorsiblingregistry, but his number wasn't listed. Thing is the guy we are currently using has produced four live births- all girls! Who knows...maybe his sperm just doesn't mesh with DW's body? Or maybe there's nothing wrong at all or maybe there's something wrong, but it's completely unrelated to his sperm. There are so many variables to this thing! Sometimes it's kinda crazy making, ya know?

#106 of 184 Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 AM

It looks like insems will be August 3rd and 4th for us!  YAY!  We're so excited to start this process for baby #2!  Hopefully it's a short journey!  I've done this before so I'm right on when it comes to the in's and out's of it...still nervous though!  Baby #1 was conceived after 6 tries over an 8 month period. Apparently I had the timing off a bit and right before the last try I had read somewhere about increasing your chances for a girl by inseminating early and I just HAD to try it.  I DID get pg...with a boy, lol!  So, I've been tracking my cycle, LH, etc...for a few months and we're ready! O is likely on Aug 7...yes, we're shooting for a girl!  A healthy baby, either gender, would be awesome!  wink1.gif

I will add...we are inseminating at home with frozen from NW Cryobank, I used them last time, too. 

Heather (40) heartbeat.gif Kim (46):  Co-parenting Cole (7) and TTC #2

#107 of 184 Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM

Hey everyone....

Welcome Heather and Kim.. Good luck with TTC  # 2 .. how old is your DS?

Soto... Good luck this cycle!

PhotoGirl.. welcome!! Congrats on finding a great KD !!

I love the IG.. have seen them in concert about 5 times!

Hi everyone else..  :)

AFM.. its been an eventful few days.. I went in for a U/S friday and had one good size follicle and several almost there.. the RE really suggested I wait until Monday to give me more follicles.. she wanted me to do one more shot of Menapur and then trigger tonight.. 

Yesterday  my boss noticed my left leg was quite swollen.. so that had me concerned.. sent a note to my RE and asked what she thought.. her reply.. get to the urgent care ! She was very worried about a blood clot ... so i went into the doctor today and my leg was 4cm bigger than the right... so I had to go have an ultrasound of the leg.. I am really lucky that there was no clot.... it seems it is a side effect of the Menapur. Hoping now that I am off the med, my leg will go back to normal...

So my IUI is set for Monday at 830 am.... and then we are off for a vacation of camping.. hoping to relax a little this week.. give these follicles time to implant..!!!!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#108 of 184 Old 07-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Please move me to Waiting to O. I go in for my CD3 u/s tomorrow!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#109 of 184 Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Good luck, Cananny!

And welcome back and good luck to you, lisedea!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#110 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 AM

Photo Girl - Awesome KD story. I hope everything goes well.

Good luck to everyone, whether you are insemming, planning, or 2ww'ing.

AFM - Love IG! Like Ani, too, but haven't kept up with her evolution since around 1999. ..... CD9 ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#111 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 AM

I went for my CD3 blood work and baseline ultrasound yesterday.  What an adventure that was!

I got my lab slip out the night before so I wouldn't forget to take it with me.  I realized when I was half way there that I left the slip on the table.  So, I went to reach for my cell, only to discover that I forgot it at home.  During this time, I was so distracted that I forgot where I was going and took the wrong exit.  This caused me to run late and I couldn't call ahead to let them know because I didn't have my phone.  duh.gif

In the end, everything was fine -- they were able to look at the doctor's notes and write up a new slip.  The ultrasound went great -- for the first time ever my left ovary actually appeared smaller than the right (I have only half of  my left ovary in tact.) so, this means all of the inflammation from bcp's and pcos is resolved! 

Last night I started clomid -- they changed my protocol slightly.  I'm taking the lowest dose because I do appear to be ovulating and we don't want to overstimulate.  So, I'm taking 50mg for five days from CD3 to CD7.  At this point, a mere 12 hours after taking it, I feel totally fine.  How long was it before y'all, who have taken clomid, noticed side effects?

My next appointment is on CD12 (July 24) for more blood work and for an ultrasound to check on the follies.

HOPEFUL: Could you please move me to waiting to "O"?

Lise: It looks like we are nearly on the same schedule!  :-)  Good luck!

How is everyone else doing?

Is it normal to sort of freak out when you move from the PLANNING TO GET PREGNANT phase to the ACTIVELY TRYING TO GET PREGNANT PHASE?   I'm suddenly having all of these doubts that perhaps I can really just live my life child free.  I can't make sense of it because, for my ENTIRE LIFE, I have always thought it would be a tragedy if I didn't have children.  Half the time, I feel totally optimistic and excited and the other half of the time I feel like I am walking to the executioner?  Is this normal??  Is it just cold feet?  I have been prepping for 3.5 years and now I'm panicking!   And this is not the clomid talking, I had this freak out yesterday before I took it!  LOL! GAH!!!  It is probably irrational, but I feel like if I'm not 100% sure maybe I am  not ready after all?  It is SO DELIBERATE.  There is no "oops", no getting caught up in the moment, no serendipity. D  E  L  I  B  E  R  A  T  E.

Okay, I'm going to peel myself off of the ceiling now.

#112 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsy View Post

AFM - Love IG! Like Ani, too, but haven't kept up with her evolution since around 1999. ..... CD9 ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow.

Outdoorsy: I am such a cliche -- I have seen IG so many times that I have lost count.  It's somewhere around 40 or 50 times... nerd-smiley.gif  I like Ani, too, but have only seen her once.  Good luck with your ultrasound!

#113 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Can I be moved to TWW please !!!!

Had my iui this am cervix was nice n open smile.gif having some cramping but hopefully a good sign....

Off for a week vacation (camping)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#114 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 AM

CANanny:  Fingers crossed for you!!!

#115 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM

Hi all. Just dropping by to say that our process is getting closer to an end. We got the genetic results back today. Out of 23 eggs retrieved, we got just ONE normal embryo. I now strongly believe that age and egg quality play a huge role in this. To think if we had just continued with our KDs we probably would have had to continue to go through  even more miscarriages then we already have. I am thankful that we are getting to the end point and that we have one genetically perfect embryo waiting for us. We still have a lot of hurdles to get over but I will be glad when this process finally comes to a close. Oh yeah, and I was on a TON of egg quality enhancing supplements so who's to say whether I wouldn't have gotten even one with that or the supplements did nothing for me! Sorry if I sound bitter but this process is just a numbers game as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck to all in whatever phase of the process you're in.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#116 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Monday all!

Everyone who requested to be moved should be now. If you notice I missed you or put you in the wrong spot please let me know!

Welcome to all of the new people and good luck to everyone no matter where you are in TTC!

Jenny- My wife is going through one of those phases right now where she is wondering whether she could/should remain childless. At least I am hoping that it is just a phase! But I do think that it is normal to freak out at all sorts of different stages in TTC. Since this is something you have worked so hard to get to I am sure it will pass for you. Good luck!

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#117 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Good luck Cananny! Lots of good baby dust to you in your TWW! dust.gif

Krista- that is so exciting that you have one perfect embryo! May I ask a really dumb question? Once they implant that embryo, could it split into two babies or is it only going to be one? I don't really know how it works with IVF.

JustanotherJenny- I totally lol'd when I read "half of the time I feel like I am walking to the executioner." I totally feel this way too sometimes. Making such a deliberate decision is scary man! In very few other areas of my life do I plan ahead. Jumping in without planning feels safest to me, ironically. So, going at this in the way that we need to is a complete departure from the norm for me and thus gives me quite a bit of anxiety. Anyway, there's no real comfort in that except to say that you aren't alone grouphug.gif

Photogirl- 1st of all, welcome! 2nd, that is awesome serendipity! I'm really excited to hear how the insem went. Did you end up doing it yesterday?

Lisdea & Outdoorsy- good luck with your ultrasounds! Fingers crossed that everything looks good up there! 

AFU- DW still has not O'd. She didn't O in May either...strange. I'm not sure what is going on, but it's got me a bit worried. These are the only two cycles that she hasn't O'd since we started this process and normally she has a very steady 30 day cycle. The first three times we tried, we insemed on Day 15 or 16. Today is day 19 and the fertility monitor keeps reading low. Also, I just started today and had only a 23 day cycle. My cycle has never been this short. Do y'all know what it means if a person's cycle is really short? Taking a composite of the last 2 years of tracking my cycle length, my average is now 26 days. Isn't that really short? Maybe I'm just freaking out for nothing. What do y'all think?

#118 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM

I realized I never responded to RS's comment: 2 months is pretty short... the clinic does all the surgical procedures, and they *extremely* busy, so they're just backlogged a bit.  Plus, MSP pays for all of this, I don't have to pay a cent.  I pay for sperm and storage and all that jazz, but not any of DW's testing, bloodwork, ultrasounds, surgery, nothing.  And now mine, since I've decided to go ahead and get myself worked up, in case DW's surgery doesn't work for some reason, we won't have to waste time getting ourselves sorted.  :D

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#119 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Cananny: Good luck! Fingers crossed!

Jenny: I had the worst side effects from the clomid after I quit taking it because of the hormonal effect and I was near-suicidally depressed around "O" time. I'm clomid intolerant, though, and most women don't have any issues.

Krista: I'm glad you got the one! Good luck with it!

Darth: Thanks for the answer. I hope everything goes well.

AFU: I'm getting really, really impatient to start TTC again. I want to have a baby *so* bad. I'll go in for the HSG about this time next month and if all looks good, we'll try in September. I've also booked a romantic getaway for me and DW at the beginning of September. We've been on a trip like that in a long, long time and it's about time. She knows that we're going, but not where, and it's about to drive her nuts that I'm insisting on surprising her. :)

Mother to one dd .
#120 of 184 Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Soto: good question! Yes, there is always the possibility that an embryo, once implanted in the uterus can divide and create twins so this could happen at any point in anyone's IVF journey. But the likelihood is pretty slim. But never say never, I saw a woman on a chat board who had two embryos implanted, one divided and so she wound up with triplets -- two identical and one fraternal. Even crazier! But that's just "one" woman, not hundreds. ROTFLMAO.gifWe want just one, and one only so let's pray this one doesn't divide in my uterus.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page