Queer Conceptions July 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 184 Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenny--Good luck with your IUI--your pipes will be REALLY clean too so that is a great sign (you are supposed to be more fertile right after an hsg!) I am just a couple of days off of you. I trigger tonight and go in early Friday morning. Interesting the difference of when clinic insem--will you about 24 hours after trigger? I will be at 36.

Krista/Cananny--Thanks for your responses! I don't have 6 large follicles--she already told me that she wouldn't insem if there were more than 3 large ones. She wants 2-3 to be "in the running" (my largest 2 days ago was at 17 but the other two were quite a bit smaller--14 maybe?) knowing that my egg quality is most likely not the best. I ended up talking to her yesterday about my bloodwork (which was a little over 1000) and she said that "complications" to her meant the eggs becoming more cystic if they got too large and causing issues (and that it would be more painful) that way. She said that I won't have to worry about it with my levels being at 1000--she was afraid they would already be at 1500 by yesterday by how quickly the levels were rising. Maybe that means good eggs??? I hope so!

Pokey--I think you would make an excellent threadkeeper this month. smile.gif I hear you on taking off work....I actually planned this cycle during summer break (I am a teacher) but since I live on an island and it cost SO much to travel on and off, I have been staying on the mainland in a hotel all week because of the monitoring. It is crazy how much time this takes up! And funny, I was mostly worried about taking the cap off and putting the needle on the pen as well...after I got past that, all went well. Good luck!! (Do you pay for your meds or do you have some insurance?)

La da da...hanging out in a hotel room. I planned on spending my whole week at the beach or library...but I see a GIANT rainstorm in the future so the beach might be out. Hopefully as the storm comes across the lake, it dissipates (although, we all need the rain).

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 184 Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Jenny - Congrats on the clear HSG!  And good luck on the insem!  Acupuncture is great.  I hope everything goes well for you today.

Krista - What a journey this is for you!  My fingers are crossed tightly that that one little bean sticks and grows into your cuddly baby.

Outdoorsy - Thanks for cheering us on.  We need it!  It has been a while since we all got some really good news.  I read some of the other TTC boards, and they are having some slow times too.  It makes me feel a little better that it's not just us.  I hope your monitoring is going well.

Lise - Hanging out in a hotel room sounds fun, but I understand how you could get restless after a while not being home.  My insurance covers 50% of fertility stuff.  It certainly helps, but this will be an expensive cycle.  We calculated it will be about $600 in ultrasounds alone.  Fortunately, I live 2 blocks from the RE's office, and the lab is also there.  Transportation is easy-peasy.  The problem is I work in investments and on the West Coast the stock market closes at 1pm, so being out in the morning is the worst for me.  I would rather miss in the afternoon, but my RE's office likes to do all the monitoring in the mornings.  My wife and I talked about it last night and decided I really need to tell my boss and folks I work for what is going on so they understand why I am missing all this work.  I'm a private person, and we haven't told many people we're TTC so that's hard for me, but it's time.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#183 of 184 Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I started a new thread for August.  Come on over when you're ready.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1358987/queer-conceptions-august-2012

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#184 of 184 Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay :) Im moving to August, see u there!

Single lesbian TTC from Sept 2012 with gay best friend, aiming to co-parent 

babygirl.gif Born Mar 2006, and 3 Angels never forgotten - Jun 1999  angel.gif, Dec 2007  angel.gif,  Mar 2012  angel.gif

namaste.gifLife is the experience of your choices namaste.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page