Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 641 Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreves View Post

i just wanted to put out another request for a threadkeeper for Nov, Dec and Jan.   i'm at 33 weeks now and am hoping this little guy will hang out for at least another five weeks, but it would be great if someone could take over just in case.  usually, the threadkeeper is someone who isn't in the first or third trimester, so if any of you second trimester gals are interested, let me know! merci!

As long as folks can deal with a slow threadkeeper response time, I'm happy to do it!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 641 Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Just stopping by to say hi!

Don't have time for many personals sorry but just wanted to say I am reading everything and sending the good thoughts everyone deserves!

Little quick thought to easttowest... Really glad the spotting stopped and thinking of you guys! Just went through that and hoping mine is ending well too so good vibes to you!

Okay back n later for more personals unless we lose power!

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#633 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 AM

Starling, I am so sorry for your loss.  Sending lots of love your way. xoxoxo

Easttowest, glad you got reassuring news!  Hang in there.

Desert, as always, your photos are just gorgeous.  You guys are such a beautiful family.  What a lucky baby to have so much love!

KnittingTigers, I'm glad the nausea has died down some.  And I hope you get a chance to just REST sometime soon!

AFM, speaking of rest...or lack thereof.  Wylie is sleeping amazingly through the night (sleeping on top of my partner, but that's a different story)!  BUT, to my great misery, I have begun to experience some pretty intense insomnia.  They are both asleep, I have the perfect opportunity to snooze, and instead I am just lying awake.  During the day I am so blissed out and do not feel anxious.  At night when I can't sleep, my heart races, and my dread of not being able to sleep only makes it worse and worse.  The last three nights, when it is bedtime (9:30ish) I just pass out right away.  But after Wylie's first nursing session of the night, usually around 1:30ish, I just can't go back to sleep!  I feel so exhausted and miserable when it is happening.  During the day I am able to smile it off and breathe through the exhaustion to be present for Wylie.  I am blessed to have lots of great friends coming around, visiting, helping out, etc. and fun activities to keep us busy like mama and baby yoga and a "first weeks" group for new parents.  But I know this could become a really bad problem if I can't figure something out soon!  Last night I tried Calms Forte, which my acupuncturist recommended awhile back - it did nothing.  Later today Wylie and I are both getting a craniosacral treatment and I am hoping that will help my body adjust to all the changes.  I also plan to chat with my naturopath and set up some acupuncture appointments.  But I am worried that I am losing my mind!   I feel like I am having the opposite problem of all the other new parents I know!  Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this and found anything that has helped?

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#634 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 AM

Planet,

Did you do Hypnobirthing with Wylie? The relaxation cd for the course reliably put me to sleep even after Ocean was born. I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. Not being able to sleep when you need to is THE WORST. Hugs to you.

#635 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Desert, beautiful. I especially like the one where she is looking righy at the camera.

Planet, sorry, yes. I was awake a lot more than Shay in the beginning. I didn't really feel tired during the day, either. I think there's something hormonal at play. It does wear off and I think he started waking more and I started feeling tired but sleeping better at night around 4 months. Just as another thought, I recently heard on NPR that pre-electricity when people went to bed earlier it was common to be awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. Now that people stay up later, we put a greater emphasis on getting enough sleep all on a row and are stressed by benign night wakings. Anyway, sorry to be of so little help, again. Was it you who said he is fussy around 7? When Shay was like that, we had the best results with taking him to bed at 6 or so. We stayed up and played cards or watched movies, but he was much more content sleeping in the bedroom after dark. Even if we wore him and nursed, he fussed a lot more in any other room in the house (or if we left him alone before 10, after 10 we could ride elephants through the house and the boy stayed down). Good luck. Lol, I am firmly of the opinion that babies come pre-programmed. We can try to change them but its like trying to make a dog meow. I mean, yes, there are certain areas where I will put effort into modifying their behavior but most stages I just breath deep, secure in the knowledge that things are as they should be. I hope some of that peace finds you.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#636 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM

Planet--I've had some CRAZY insomnia since DS's birth, most of the time it was clearly related to hormonal shifts.  So the following things resulted in insomnia for me: postpartum hormonal drops; nursing changes (DS nursing more, OR less); and AF's return at 18 months postpartum (4 months after night weaning).  I did find that the more stressed I got about it, the worse it would get.  I did end up getting Ambien for a bit (once DS was sleeping through the night so I didn't have to do pump and dump or worry about him getting any through breast milk), but since Ambien only helps with falling asleep it didn't help with middle of the night wake ups.  One of the "tricks" I've found works is to change my sleep space--so if I get up and feel like falling asleep again will be challenging, I go to our guest room bed.  We also avoid screens before bed and try to have good "sleep hygiene" so bed for sex and sleep only (nursing too when that was going on) which is a bummer b/c I used to love reading in bed.  Good luck, insomnia SUCKS.  

Knitting--thanks for assuming the thread keeper role--and I'm glad the pukies have let up some!  And, in response to your question...we haven't gone FB public yet and we won't until very late in the game (maybe 30+ weeks).  Mostly b/c we have too many friends who are trying and haven't gotten pregnant yet (I friend just had a failed third round of IVF :(  DW is feeling pretty good and told her team at work today...her management has known for awhile b/c they also knew about TTC b/c they needed to be able to schedule stuff for her at work.  DW is showing and definitely in maternity clothing--the only downside to switching so far (who carries our kids) is that we are such different clothing sizes that she has to get a whole new set of maternity clothing b/c my stuff won't fit her!  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#637 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM

KnittingTigers, thanks for the suggestion and the hugs!  Someone lent me that book, but i never did get around to opening it before Wylie was born.  i'll have to check it out and see if the CD is still in it!

Seraf, thank you.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one to go through this!  I agree that things are just as they should be.  Wylie's fussy evening period seems to have lessened - of course it's hard to tell at this point because every day is a little different. He is basically sleeping through the night.  He is perfect.  I am the one with the problem right now! 

Wishin, thank you for sharing your experiences!  And I'm sorry you went through this too, UGH!!! 

I picked up some GABA that my ND recommended and feel hopeful about tonight.  Oh, life.  Here are some photos of our amazing Wylie Blue!

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#638 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM

And a couple more:

#639 of 641 Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM

Oh Planet, he's just gorgeous!  I really hope you can get some sleep, and for longer than just a couple hours.  Hugs to you and your beautiful little family.  <3 

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#640 of 641 Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Planet and Desert, what amazing babies!  Adorable.

We had a follow-up ultrasound yesterday, and the little heartbeat is thumping away.  Measured 6w4d, even though he was 5w6d on Friday!  DW also got 15 vials of blood taken, so that sucked, and I have no idea what all the tests are for, but I'm glad that they'll be making sure everything is going well.  We're traveling back east to see her family next week, and we'll be telling them then!

I hope everyone on the East Coast is doing alright and staying dry.

#641 of 641 Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 AM

Alright, y'all, we've got our new thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1366994/queer-pregnant-and-parenting-november-december-and-january-2013

Come on over and let's rock late fall pregnancy, parenting, and queerness!

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Pregnancy , Pregnancy Birth Books , Pregnancy Week By Week , Healthy Pregnancy , Ovulation Pregnancy Tests

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page