Has anyone done an out of the country adoption? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have always, since I was a teenager, wanted to adopt a child from a "third world" country, but once I actually did research on it I assumed it would be impossible for us as a queer couple. But I still want to do it! Plus, Jillian Micheals did it so I know it can be done! smile.gif Has anyone looked into to, or actually been able to do it successfully? My partner volunteered at on orphanage in Africa for a while and some single women were able to adopt there, but it is a long process. I don't know that we would be willing/able to pretend to be straight, I think that is the only way to do it as far as I know. Anyway...has anyone done this/know of anyone who has? We are starting to think about  kiddo #2 and I just want to explore all my options. 

#2 of 2 Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

RStelle - My understanding is the same as yours -- that one of you might have to pretend to be a straight single woman for the purposes of the other country's adoption rules. Sorry I don't know more. But here's something I pasted from the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange:

If you are interested in learning more about either domestic infant or international adoptions, please contact the Adoption Community of New England, Inc. (ACONE) at (508) 366-6812.  This non-profit organization offers events and programs throughout the year for all those touched by adoption, including an annual conference that takes place in Massachusetts every spring.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page