Queer Conceptions - August 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, and Pokey, I'm ready to be moved to the graduates list, on the condition that you follow me ASAP.:)

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Tigers - I will gladly do both of those things! smile.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#303 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Cordelia15, Thank you for the well wishing! Its most appreciated! I just want to maximize mye chances bc the disappointment is THE PITTS! I see you're TTC, dates picked out or r u just going with the flow? dust.gif Baby dust coming your way, hope the best for you!

pokeyAC, Now if that's not the cutest little welcome smiley i've ever seen! TY! This cycle we'll be doing just the 1 IUI. I think I do want to try the shot just to help! I track mye cycle closely, but its usually a few days off each month, but for the most part regular. I've been using the Clomid, but am also curious about Femara. I've heard stories like it works magic! We'll see how everything goes next month!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#304 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM

re vitamins - I talked to my RE today and told her about the GYN telling me to stop the multivitamin, and she said, "That's certainly not a mainstream idea."

lovestreet - I'm sorry to hear you got a BFN. Your plans for the next few months seem to make sense. Enjoy the new house, and I hope the time goes fast. For my two cents, I *really* wanted to do it at home, but the pressure of that turned out to be a total nightmare.

Tara - The OHSS sounds scary, but at least there's a BFP in there. I hope it sticks for you.

WELCOME fmorris!

Tigers - Yay for graduating!!!

AFM - Day 4 u/s done today. Previous cyst now "negligible" and we're proceeding with monitored Clomid cycle. Latest news: RE predicts I may need to insem on Labor Day or the day after. We're going away Fri-Sun for our anniversary, so I may need to do the trigger shot on the road!

One more thing -- Krista, how are you? You were getting polyp(s) removed before your embryo transfer, if I remember? Are you OK? What's up?

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#305 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 PM

Sorry to those with BFNs, and CONGRATS to those with positives.  As much as it sucks to be in the BFN camp, the positives keep us, well... positive.  This does happen.

AFU, it's only CD7 over here, and dw hasn't even been taking her temp, as it's not really worth it during her period.  But we got a Fertile Focus microscope yesterday, and she ordered the sperm shipping kit from Rainbow Flag Health Services, which our KD should get on Tuesday.  He'll then ship on Friday, and we'll inseminate on Saturday.  Fingers crossed for a Sunday or Monday ovulation!  Also, positive stories from people who have shipped sperm would be great; I'm unreasonably concerned that all the sperm will show up dead (and we won't even know).

We're both kind of in the crazy omgbabynow mode.  We went to a wedding over the weekend, and there was a new baby there, and it was a little hard to deal with, just getting the BFN on Friday.  Had a bit of a freak out that this will never happen, which I know is unreasonable, and I know is probably insulting to people who have tried for months and months.  I think we've finally gotten to the space we need to be, knowing that we tried one time, that it was unlikely to happen and didn't, and that we're just going to keep going until it works.

#306 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Knitting tigers.... I'm sooo excited for you guys!!!!! Great numbers and great doubling time smile.gif fx bean keeps growing nice and strong !!!!

Sorry for the bfn but hang in there ... Your baby will find their way to you smile.gif

I'm pretty tired to do many personals smile.gif but hi

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#307 of 356 Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM

easttowest! I know someone who's pregnant from one of those mail-order kits. My understanding is that you have to follow the instructions carefully, but that it does actually work. My friend bought an inexpensive microscope (like, the kind you can get for your kids) to confirm that the product was swimming when it arrived and surely enough, it was. You could get a microscope to ease your worries too. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#308 of 356 Old 08-25-2012, 05:44 AM

salut, dear queer TTC'ers!  i'm threadjumping here to offer some supplies.  DP and i are cleaning out our TTC stash, and i have some Tom Cat catheters (for at home IUIs or ICIs) and the syringes that go with them to offer to any of you out there who might need them.  DesertSunrises very generously sent them to me back in the early spring, but i never got around to using them, because i got pregnant that month.  i also have some disposable speculums (specula?) that i could send with the catheters.  

let me know if you're interested.

goodvibes.gif and babydust to everyone!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#309 of 356 Old 08-25-2012, 06:10 PM

1 DPI and I can't imagine how I'm gonna wait another 11 days!
DW couldn't be there in person cause she was flying home from ID, but we were able to Face Time. I love technology!
We were gonna wait a few months, but the moment DW saw the smiley she insisted I go ahead and try. Why the heck not, right?
May I be moved to the TWW please? Any cycle buddies out there?
Xo
Abby

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#310 of 356 Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 AM

Sotohana, we are 5 days post IUI...but won't test until September 4th (we only do the RE required blood work--no POAS for us wild.gif)

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#311 of 356 Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 AM

Please move me to the 2 week wait. I am 2dpo so I believe that I am cycle buddies with you, sotohana!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#312 of 356 Old 08-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Yay Wishin and Lisdea! Lots of baby dust to u both!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#313 of 356 Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 AM

east to west. . I know two people who got pregnant on the sperm shipments too, well one was someone on a board and the other was a friend of a friend who got it on the first time so it def can be done!  good luck!  as you know we are skipping this month so go get a BFP to inspire me please!  My biggest worry with them is timing as I seem to be set to O on Sunday or Monday each month and that makes delivery hard. . I know you were having this issue with labor day. . it's frustrating. . 

sotohana, lisadea, and wishin. . good luck! baby dust to all of you

AFM, think I am ovulating today but feel okay about having to sit this month out as I know it was the right thing, making up by doing tempting and two different OPKs. . have to still get my POAS in, trying to make a plan for next month. . probably do a shipment again and if it doesn't take we might need a trip to KD in October. .

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#314 of 356 Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 PM

sorry this is several days late but KnittingTigers: thumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gif thumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gif thumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gif thumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifbabyf.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

How exciting for you and your family!!! stick little bean stick.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#315 of 356 Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Fmorris: Welcome to this space. I hope your stay is brief and so you can move on to QandP. My advice for dealing with ttc is stay connected to others. No matter who it is- your partner, this forum, or a co-worker I have found it vital that at any given time to have a place to share what troubles/perplexes me. I hope you have a network of good caring folks you can turn to.

Tara: so sorry you are dealing with OHSS (thank you to Pokey for letting me know about this condition) I hope your BFP sticks. fingersx.gif.

Good luck to Sotohana, Lise and Wishin for being in the tww!

Outdoorsy: Thinking of u with your HSG today. I hope it went smoothly and now you are resting.

AFM: Well my world for the past week has been consumed by party planning details for my lil sister's baby shower this week. I know she appreciated it given she is sensitive to my ttc woes. It was nice to see certain people that we know mutually...I hosted the "family" shower. Interesting older family friend, or relative asked me naively about when I'm going to have a little cousin for my sister's baby- either they know not to ask or they don't think about it considering knowing i'm gayness. Whatever. I'm just glad I didn't have to address it in small talk conversation at all.

My wife was visiting her family on saturday not wanting to deal with the baby shower thing. So on saturday I didn't peep a word about what was going on behind the scenes for me. It was 9dpo for me. I woke up with slight cramps and some brown spotting that apparently occurred in the night...no spotting or cramping for the rest of the day. I took an internet cheapie test when all was said and done with the shower. Wondfo brand to be exact. I swear I saw a slight faint pink test line. The one test I took the night before combined with this one showed a faint line. On sunday I began to spot throughout the day and I thought I saw a faint pink line again too. Today I called the doctor and the nurse inquired about whether I had followed the HPT tests directions-reading the results within 5 mins bc if I read it after that the test results could show a false positive bc it is possible for a HPT test line to get darker on a negative test if it dries and sits out. Ofcourse I had been obsessively looking over the lil test strips again and again for a bout a day or so since first spotting a slight faint line. So ofcourse I'm doubting if I ever saw a faint line in the first 5 mins of taking the test or not. Regardless, consecutive HPT tests from saturday to today displayed the same faint faint line which never did get darker. So today 11dpo fmu HPT was absent of any line, my bleeding is resembling a regular period and I had heavy cramping which I don't typically get. The nurse at my doc's office offered me to get a blood test just for information which came back negative. So did I have a chemical pregnancy this cycle? I don't know. thoughts?

In the 2 yrs of ttc, I haven't paid much attn to the rules of using HPTs. I had no idea that the only valid time to look for results were within the first few minutes of taking it. I guess there is still so much more to learn in this process.

So currently not on progesterone supps. for the second cycle in a row - I had been on them for 7 cycles. I was getting to 13 dpo w/progesterone prior to that I was getting to maybe 11 or 12dpo before I would start bleeding. Last cycle I got to 9dpo and then I started spotting throughout the day and this cycle got to 10dpo. I'm thinking about returning to the suppositories but my wife doesn't want me to make a rash decision. Any thoughts?

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#316 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invitnconceptn View Post

Fmorris: Welcome to this space. I hope your stay is brief and so you can move on to QandP. My advice for dealing with ttc is stay connected to others. No matter who it is- your partner, this forum, or a co-worker I have found it vital that at any given time to have a place to share what troubles/perplexes me. I hope you have a network of good caring folks you can turn to.

Tara: so sorry you are dealing with OHSS (thank you to Pokey for letting me know about this condition) I hope your BFP sticks. fingersx.gif.

Good luck to Sotohana, Lise and Wishin for being in the tww!

Outdoorsy: Thinking of u with your HSG today. I hope it went smoothly and now you are resting.

AFM: Well my world for the past week has been consumed by party planning details for my lil sister's baby shower this week. I know she appreciated it given she is sensitive to my ttc woes. It was nice to see certain people that we know mutually...I hosted the "family" shower. Interesting older family friend, or relative asked me naively about when I'm going to have a little cousin for my sister's baby- either they know not to ask or they don't think about it considering knowing i'm gayness. Whatever. I'm just glad I didn't have to address it in small talk conversation at all.

My wife was visiting her family on saturday not wanting to deal with the baby shower thing. So on saturday I didn't peep a word about what was going on behind the scenes for me. It was 9dpo for me. I woke up with slight cramps and some brown spotting that apparently occurred in the night...no spotting or cramping for the rest of the day. I took an internet cheapie test when all was said and done with the shower. Wondfo brand to be exact. I swear I saw a slight faint pink test line. The one test I took the night before combined with this one showed a faint line. On sunday I began to spot throughout the day and I thought I saw a faint pink line again too. Today I called the doctor and the nurse inquired about whether I had followed the HPT tests directions-reading the results within 5 mins bc if I read it after that the test results could show a false positive bc it is possible for a HPT test line to get darker on a negative test if it dries and sits out. Ofcourse I had been obsessively looking over the lil test strips again and again for a bout a day or so since first spotting a slight faint line. So ofcourse I'm doubting if I ever saw a faint line in the first 5 mins of taking the test or not. Regardless, consecutive HPT tests from saturday to today displayed the same faint faint line which never did get darker. So today 11dpo fmu HPT was absent of any line, my bleeding is resembling a regular period and I had heavy cramping which I don't typically get. The nurse at my doc's office offered me to get a blood test just for information which came back negative. So did I have a chemical pregnancy this cycle? I don't know. thoughts?

In the 2 yrs of ttc, I haven't paid much attn to the rules of using HPTs. I had no idea that the only valid time to look for results were within the first few minutes of taking it. I guess there is still so much more to learn in this process.

So currently not on progesterone supps. for the second cycle in a row - I had been on them for 7 cycles. I was getting to 13 dpo w/progesterone prior to that I was getting to maybe 11 or 12dpo before I would start bleeding. Last cycle I got to 9dpo and then I started spotting throughout the day and this cycle got to 10dpo. I'm thinking about returning to the suppositories but my wife doesn't want me to make a rash decision. Any thoughts?

It sounds like you may have had an early loss. I saw a faint line once past the 5 minute mark and it did indeed turn out I was pregnant. I'm not sure that the heavy cramping would be caused by such an early loss though. You never know, though. Everyone's body is so unique. I'm sorry either way.

11 or 12 days for a LP isn't too bad. 9 or 10 days may cause you problems for sure. I wonder if your body got used to the progesterone and slowed down it's own production? Is that even possible? Maybe give it another cycle and see if it lengthens at all. Also, have you tried extra Vitamin B6 for your LP? And acupuncture can help a lot with LP as well.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#317 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 AM

HSG went smoothly. Just got a little queasy from the doxycycline they gave me to ward off infection. They also had me take ibuprofen in advance, and I didn't have any pain.

Invitin - Thank you for thinking of me! I'm sorry about your possible chemical pregnancy and early bleeding. I'm sorry I don't know more to suggest about the suppositories. Sounds like Carmen has some good advice. Have you asked your doc? I hope it gets better soon!

Best to everyone --

#318 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

lise - I hope the TWW is going well.  I also hope that this time you get good news at the end of it!  You deserve it.

Sotohana- Wow!  Way to dive right in.  Welcome to the TWW.  I hope it passes quickly and you don't obsess too much.

invitn - I'm sorry you weren't successful this month.  It sounds like it could have been a chemical, but I'm not sure.  When I had mine, my AF didn't seem any different than normal.  It's always perplexing when your body does something different.  I find myself wondering what's going on just about every cycle.  Last cycle, I was taking progesterone, and AF still arrived the day I expected it.  The big difference was that I only had a little spotting the day before instead of for several days before AF.  To me, that is improvement and makes the progesterone worth it.  I'm glad the shower went well and wasn't too upsetting.  I'm so glad that your sister is considerate of your feelings.

outdoorsy - I'm glad your HSG went smoothly.  Did they tell you everything looked good?  I hope you get to inseminate this month.  That would be a nice labor day!

AFM - Anyone interested in being threadkeeper for September?  It's bound to be good luck for someone.  We got 3 BFP's on my watch this month.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#319 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM

outdoorsy - i'm glad your hsg went well!

invitn - i'm sorry this cycle didn't work out. hug2.gif

FX for everyone in the TWW. are you symptom spotting yet or playing it cool? 

AFM -- I had a big conversation with my doctor today about the timing of the IUIs. Their protocol is to do the trigger shot and schedule the IUI the next day - in most cases, because of how their scheduling preferences fall, there is no way to even get 24 hours between trigger and IUI. For this cycle (follistim/ovidrel at home) there would be something like 12 hours between trigger and IUI. I have gone around and around fighting with the nurses about this (some of you may remember - one nurse even tried to convince me that sperm can live for five days. Fresh sperm? Sure, some of them. Maybe. Frozen sperm? No way in hell.) Over my "vacation" from TTC, I decided the only way to really change it would be to talk to do the doctor directly and have him "change the protocol" for me. He seems like a reasonable person and I really like him, so it was worth a shot. I mean, this kind of felt like a deal-breaker to me. I was really considering transferring care to another (more expensive) fertility clinic in the area if they wouldn't budge on this. If most women ovulate 36 hours after trigger, and frozen/washed sperm lives about 12 hours in the uterus, it seems like a waste of a cycle to inseminate 12 hours after the trigger shot, right? My frustration is monumental.

When I talked to the doctor finally, he reiterated that this is their protocol, and he has seen frozen sperm live for up to three days (although he admitted that the number of motile sperm were vastly decreased after three days - and also, doesn't "i have seen sperm live for three days" sound like an anecdote? not scientific research?). He even said that if I read too many blogs that can skew my perception of what is happening (!!!). I agreed with him that blogs can be confusing and misleading, which is why I try to limit my reading on these matters to published, peer-reviewed papers. At that point, he agreed to "alter the protocol" for me, with the understanding that their 'predicted success rates' would no longer apply etc. etc. which is fine by me. 

So, I kind of feel like I won this round? Hopefully when I go in next, the nurses will be nice (at least to my face) and they won't microwave my vials or anything. I can't believe how hard it is to get them to recognize that protocols should be different for frozen sperm than for fresh sperm. And also, why is it so hard to advocate for yourself with doctors. Anyway.  So now I am twiddling my thumbs and waiting for AF to show. Totally zen. Totally ready to make a baby. Om. etc. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#320 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Just popping in to say, mrsandmrs, I feel your pain, and it is so exhausting to have to be a self-advocate all the time. But 12 hours after the trigger is way too soon. Glad you "won" this round, though I'm sorry it was so much hassle. FWIW, I got my BFP this time after doing an IUI 38 hours post-trigger. Hold firm! Here's hoping this is the last cycle of TTC!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#321 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM

Outdoorsy. TY for the welcome! I'm glad to be here!!

sotohana, hope the best for you and DW im sending all the dust.gif I can yous guys way!

invitnconceptn, Thank ya for welcoming meeh! I can't wait till i can move to the Q & P, but for now i'll hang with yous guys! I cant agree more with the support system...that's what led meeh here. Of course, my DP is behind meeh 100%, but as far as everything else goes..i'm lacking. Mye mother doesnt agree with how I live mye life so I can't go to her with any hopes, concerns, fears, or anything. Mye sisters (that i have in this country) don't support meeh. I have this terrible feeling that they're jelous of the relationship meeh & DP have and are constantly trying to bring meeh down. THAT, I DON'T NEED at this critical time in mye life. I'm the only one going through this right now, and whats hard for meeh is that mye 2 best friends are pregnant right now. Im more than happy for them, but it frustrates meeh sometimes how easy it is for them. Hopefully when I have these moments and need a support system or just someone who truly knows what i'm going through i can come to you all for help!

fingers and toes crossed for those of you in the TWW!!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#322 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

easttowest and cordelia: Are you both using shipping kits with a KD? That's what we are looking to do and are a little hesitant to do so because it seems like it might be a better financial decision to save the $$ and buy plane tickets every couple of months instead. It's good to hear that others have gotten pregnant this way. 

good luck to everyone in the TWW

Welcome to fmorris

AFM: The first convo with KD was great. We are all on the same page and moving forward with testing and what not. After we sent information about what testing we wanted done he made an appointment for this friday with his Dr. Such a great guy, he was so excited to help us start a family, couldn't ask for a better situation. It's all starting to seem so real now, which is exciting. Now I just hope that I'm ovulating on a regular basis, fingers crossed. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#323 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 06:12 PM

2 justice mamas. . yes we are using shipping kits with KD. . for us timing is just too hard to wait for flights, so doing the kits in the meantime makes us feel like we are moving ahead. . I do think that saving money for flights makes just as much sense if you have the time to go.  Once you do a few inseminations you can make it cheaper by just saving the kit and ordering TYB (test yolk buffer)  Most shipping places will sell them separately.  Shipping is expensive too so really if you do two inseminations a month for everything you really could get a plane ticket.  Still for me, it's emotionally worth it to move ahead and also as I'm a little bit older I don't want to waste too much time and as I need to try for 6 months before getting extra help (if I need it)  I want to make sure I'm trying!!!  And it is great news about your donor!  

#324 of 356 Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Cordelia pretty much summed it up. This will be our first month shipping, since we paid to have our KD come to us last month. Of course, he's also my brother, so mostly we were paying to have him come visit and hang out anyway. It was a lot of fun and really good to get out all the wtf are we doing conversations in person. Buying the kit and shipping will set us back about $200 each month, which is far less than shipping my brother out, plus he has a job and a life and all. And buying sperm would set us back even more than that, not to mention all the medical tests and everything that are necessary to register with a bank. So financially and emotionally, this is the best call for us. Of course, it does come with its downsides and lots of anxiety. FedEx apparently messed up the shipment, so the kit won't get to our donor until tomorrow, when it was supposed to today. No big deal on this end, but if it doesn't get to us overnight on Friday, we're out this month. Good luck, 2justicemamas! (And everyone else.)
#325 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 AM

easttowest. . hope your shipment arrives on time!  our first one was perfect, the second I ended up picking up at the fedex shipping place bc it was late and I didn't trust it to get out on the truck.  Someone else told me Fed-ex messed up their shipments several times and UPS never did but for us UPS was about $70 more for some reason so we took the risk and the shipments ended up working out if not the other part.  Oh and just as a heads up, they will ask you what you are shipping and what the value is, my KD decided it was small clothing items worth $50.  I told him he WAY undervalued it   :) 

fmmorris. . sorry you don't feel like you have the support system you would like here, and it can be hard to have those around you pregnant but just think you might get a lot of good hand me downs from coming a few months after!  I hope it is easy for you too.  .

#326 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 AM

mrs--Yes! Good for you! 12 hours is definitely too soon unless you are using fresh...in fact, I think that even if frozen sperm can live awhile outside of the body or in the cervix, it REALLY decreases it's lifespan by being directly deposited into the uterus. Doctors just don't always know because they don't deal with frozen as often (if ever!).

I have no idea what is going on with you all right now because of how busy I have been getting my classroom and curriculum ready for the beginning of the school year. So, hello! wave.gif I wish you all luck and peace with wherever you are in your cycles.

Any bites on threadkeeper? If not, I will do it again.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#327 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 AM

oh, yes - I forgot to say - my tubes were clear on the HSG. My next u/s is Friday. But with my history that may be too early for the RE to tell me when I need to use the trigger shot.

#328 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Cordelia - Well that's terrifying!  Who knew they messed up so much.  The guy who shipped our kit told us to ship FedEx; there's no real cost difference between FedEx and UPS.  Maybe I'll just tell KD to ship it whichever has an office closest to his house.  As long as there's Saturday overnight delivery, it doesn't matter much.  But I don't trust USPS at all.

#329 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 PM

easttowest. . totally did not mean to scare you or add stress, my delivery's mostly worked out and I don't know if for the other person it was just a question of where they lived.  I imagine yours will work out!  

outdoorsy. . that's good about the tubes being clear right?  I am easily confused with all the extra testing. . if so, that's great!  

lisedea. . good luck on the new school year! 

#330 of 356 Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 PM

HELP...advice needed...I have been attempting to use opks this cycle and am using answer tests I know that the line for a positive surge is supposed to be as dark as the control and then insem 24 hours later yesterday am I had a very faint line and then this morning there was no line at all...I am also temping with a slight temp increase today but I slept in till about 10 when I have been temping at around 6 before work as far as cervical fluid (tmi alert)'its still thick and cloudy... I'm confused my donor is available today and tomorrow and possible Sunday should I insem today or wait till tomorrow or did i miss it completely

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page