Queer Conceptions - August 2012 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hoping - As far as I know, many women do not get a "fade in" to the positive OPK.  That is, just because you had a faint line yesterday, doesn't mean there's something wrong if you got no line today.  Both are negative.  It's not positive until it's as dark or darker than the test line.  If you want a more exact result, you could get the ClearBlue that gives you a smiley face when it's positive.  Also, once you get the positive, you could ovulate anytime from 12-36 hours (on average) later.  So I probably wouldn't wait until 24 hours later to insemiate if you can help it.  Eggs only live for less than a day, but sperm can live for several days (frozen for less, though).  Using fresh sperm, I'd think it's always good to get ahead of the O, rather than after.

Take all this advice with a grain of salt, given that we've been at this a month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 05:30 PM

hoping. . def insem tonight if you can. . I agree with easttowest that the lighter one is not positive but if you are only testing once a day with the light opks you could have missed it. . all opks are different but I know the cheap ones I use you have to test btwn 11am and 10 pm bc LH is synthesized in the morning and it will read differently in am and pm for some people so if you tested with FMU you could have been getting a fade-in from the night before. . and like easttowest says it is always better to be ahead of the game so put some sperm up in there!  especially if you can do tomorrow and next day too., , better to have a welcoming party than waving good-bye 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Easttowest, and Cordelia thank you for your responces it doesn't look like today is happening anyway and I will try to use a second urine after 11 to test tomorrow

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 PM

cordelia, this is the best support i've gotten since DP and I starting our TTC journey. In the short time i've been here, you ladies have made meeh feel soooo much better and at home. And like i actually do have ppl rooting for meeh and DP. And you're so right about the hand-me-downs! Mye sis just had twin girls in May, so if I have a girl i've got it made and i know one of mye bestie's is having a boy..i'm covered!  Thanks a million!

EVERYONE..... I also have a question ladies. So, fraternal twins run in mye family. Mye Nan had mye mum and her twin brother, mye mom had none (just us 3 girls), and mye sister just had twins in May. For mye cycles, I'm also taking 50mg's of clomid...now mye question is....seeing as i have twins in mye genes already, does this up mye chances to conceive twins???? I do hear it usually skips a generation (which was mum's).  This is slightly overwhelming, but I think about it, and it'd be exciting to have twins (DP might faint lol but will get over it)..and maybe i'd get lucky enough to have 1 boy nd 1 girl like mye nan did with mye mum and her brother :).  Just curious if anyone knows. TY ladies!

hoping, wishing you the best of luck! I see your in the south too..im just a state away :)

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 PM

Hi everyone! 

Wow, I kinda fall off the boards for a month-ish and there's all these new peeps!!  Congrats to all the BFPs, that's super exciting!!

A quick update to let ya'll know I haven't crawled under a rock!  DW is set for fibroid removal in October.  She's decided to go back to school and keep working away at her degree while we sort this out.  We are so hooped financially, and the clinic wants a $3000 deposit.  That's a lot of OT... soooo we may be pushing everything back AGAIN, just because of money reasons, but one step at a time.  

Both of my also difficult TTC work buddies got pregnant 2 months ago (they're 12 and 13 weeks), both were INCREDIBLY awesome and sensitive in telling me, and I'm genuinely pleased as PUNCH that they are pregnant (both also told me very early, one at 8 weeks and the other at 10).

I've become a rather miserable and bitter person, so to cope, I've stopped blogging.  We've stopped talking about the baby.  I've put all the baby things in a box in our storage locker in the basement in our condo building.  We've just kinda shoved stuff in the 2nd bedroom and kept the door closed.  We're trying to cope with this desperate emptiness by trying to keep one foot in front of the other.  We're 15 months into this business of trying to have a baby, and we've seen so many people get pregnant and now their babies are born and getting big and learning to crawl and do all kinds of amazing things.  Fortunately we're surrounded by many amazing people who don't say stupid things like "enjoy your quiet time now!!".  

Anyways, I'm sorry about my ramble.  Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 AM

Cordelia - funny you should ask whether clear tubes on the HSG are good. It's definitely good news in the sense that the eggs can get down my tubes. I am glad of that! I don't even know how invasive the treatment is if they're blocked. On the flip side, though, the doc's staff told me that if my tubes were blocked, all my fert treatment would be covered by insurance.

fmorris - I am a fraternal twin. Having it in your family and then taking Clomid does raises the chances a small amount, but the overall chances are still pretty low. If you end up going to injectibles, that raises the chances a little more. Like you, I've heard the "skip a generation" thing, but that's far from definite.

darth -- I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling miserable. You've been through a lot. DW and I have not allowed ourselves to buy any baby things out of fear that we, too, would be storing them away. I hope it gets better. Hugs to you.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM

hoping--I am sorry you are having a frustrating time with OPKs. They can be very confusing... When I used them, (cheap internet ones) I tested twice a day. Once when I first woke up and then at 2:00pm. I always had a fade in....always a few days before they noticeably got darker and I knew it was getting close. The only time I ever got my positive though was during the afternoon--so DEFINITELY test then!

darth--Nice to 'see' you back! I am sorry you have been feeling so bitter...I know how that feeling WAY too well. I am going on 23 months. Uggg. It's awful.

Welcome fmorris!

easttowest/cordelia--Just wanted both of you to know I have been using FedEx for almost two years and have never had any issues--and I live on an island so things are extra confusing. Not saying that they don't have their mess-ups...but I think you might get that with any company now and then.

6dpo for me. I feel like it has been much longer...but have been staying preoccupied. Trying to ignore all of my progesterone-induced pregnancy symptoms. smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:08 AM

6DPO for me too, Lise. I'm feeling really crappy this morning- sick to my stomach, headache...just generally really shitty.

Fingers crossed that its a good sign. 

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:56 AM

darthtuna. . sorry you are having a hard time. . I watched a good friend of mine struggle for two years before finally getting pregnant with twins, it's heartbreaking, and a personal challenge that compares to few other things. . I hope that your struggle will be over soon. .

sotohana. . good luck, hope those are good signs too! 

lisedea. . thanks for the info about fed-ex. . i suspect you are right and the folks I know just had a string of bad luck with their shipments. . and I hope your BFP is around the corner. 

outdoorsy. .that does sounds like a good news/bad news scenario for your tubes but in the end I think it's always best to be healthier but full coverage does sound like a dream! 

AFM. . so I passed through the ovulation without being able to do an insem and am feeling better.  DH sent me flowers a card from our future kid saying they were sorry but they were waiting for the right time and to please be patient and how excited they were to be able to join our family. .It was so sweet.  I hung it on our fridge and it keeps me more relaxed and trusting in this process.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM

On the plus side of HSGs...I have heard that an HSG can increase fertility for a few months b/c it clears the tubes out so well.  

Darthtuna--totally hear you on how tough it can be...

TWW buddies...hope it's going well for all of you.

AFM--DW is 9 dpo and has no symptoms of anything.  She is having some sleep troubles and I think it's the progesterone.  Has anyone on progesterone experienced insomnia or sleep interruptions?  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

wishin'- I don't know if it was the progesterone, but I did not sleep very well during the 2nd week of my last TWW either.  It's stinky.  Who wants to be stressed and tired?  I hope DW gets some rest soon.

goodvibes.gif to all.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM

nice to meet you all, and thanks for referring me here pokeyAC.  Our info - 2 recent unsuccessful iui's with frozen sperm, both on clomid and the last round additionally with a trigger & progesterone. (iui was 24 hours post trigger)  My wife is now CD3 and we head back to the doctor today for an u/s, and will start the process all over again.  I will say this is quite the emotional rollercoaster and wish everyone good luck!

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 08-30-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hi SanDiego!  It's nice to see you here.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being pushy inviting people to join, but I know this thread can be hard to find because it's under Parenting and not Trying to Conceive.  I'm glad you are joining in.  This is definitely an emotional rollercoaster!  I hope the u/s goes well and you are good to go for the next try!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:02 PM

hey, look at all these new people! may your stays be short and sweet. 

tuna queen - do you have a time frame when you're going to think about ttc again? sometimes just being able to check days (or weeks, whatever) can make it more tolerable. i'm sorry for all you two have been through. 

did anyone see that article about TTC causing PTSD? 

http://blog.thebump.com/2012/08/29/scary-fertility-treatments-could-cause-ptsd-symptoms/

AFM - maybe today AF starts? maybe? maybe? fingers crossed. i'm ready to get started again especially with my better-timed IUI. ! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 PM

outdoorsy, thanks for the info! i was just so curious,but we'll definately see how things work out soon enough hopefully! nod.gif

lisedea, ty ty! im more than happy to be here with you all!

sandiego, welcome! well, i can tell you that we're in just about the same boat. Our last IUI was in feb with no success. I was taking 50 mg of clomid, but no trigger shot. I was wanting to do that this next time we go back in Sept. It is an emotional rollercoaster, but i can only imagine how wonderful the reward is. How exciting would it be to see that BFP!? Keep you're head up and stay positive, you've got a lot of ladies behind you :)

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 PM

wishin'--Me!!! I have weird dreams and sleep like crap because of progesterone!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Darth: I'm recently coming back here as well after several month hiatus. I too was feeling too miserable to write on the forum. No one could have warned me about the incredible ongoing level of suffering that TTC for 2 years has brought my wife and now. So I feel your pain. It's good to hear that your friends at work are so supportive and sensitive. I know it means so much for me when I feel that someone understands me even if they are pregnant. I experienced it with my sister and best friend. Something that has helped me feel less miserable is reading "write it down make it happen." it's kinda of like The Secret...Nothing makes this journey more tolerable then having faith and hope reignited. Just a thought.

Cordelia: I love the fact that your DH wrote you a card from your future baby. That's touching.

Easttowest/Cordelia: It's so great to see a conversation about fresh shipped sperm. My wife and I have been using fresh shipped sperm now for about 6mths. We love our donor and the whole shipping process isn't too grueling. We have found that both FEDex and UPS are both pretty dependable. For inspiration: I would love to hear whether you guys or anyone else knows folks who have gotten BFP from fresh shipped sperm.

Wishin/Lise/Sotohana: my fingers are crossed for you ladies. My thoughts are with you as you all enter the last few days of the tww. lots of baby dust.

SanDiego: welcome, welcome!!!

Wishin: progesterone has caused me lots of annoying symptoms...sleep disturbances included.

AFM: CD4. "Waiting to O" (I forgot to inform you after I o'd last cycle sorry). Nothing much to report here. Still feeling somewhat numb about my possible chemical pregnancy from last month. I started crying a wee bit last night only after watching my favorite character from Boardwalk Empire die...and instantly started thinking about the chem preg. It was weird. My wife hasn't said much about it...she seems kinda of distant. Don't know what to make of that. Maybe I will be excited when this work week is over. Sorry for the woe is me tone..I will probably be in a different place soon.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Old 08-30-2012, 09:27 PM

Hello all just checking in!

So lots has changed since my last post. My DP and I went to our OB, and she
offered to do one insemination for us each. So we have both been waiting to O.
Now I ordered the frozen sperm to be shipped on Saturday...two vials. I was
expecting to O on Monday or Tuesday but guess what?! I peed positive on my
OPK today!!!! Ugh! So now I may be out. We did happen to work out something
with a known donor but that may have to wait until next cycle. As for her, she should
O sometime next week hopefully before Saturday bc the doctor will be out of the
office. The only thing keeping me sane is knowing I probably would have been too early
for IUI tomorrow anyway.

What a mess! This is such hard work!!! Anyway, I will try and do personals tomorrow.

Baby dust to all!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 AM

Thanks to the folks who chimed in about progesterone sleep disturbances.  The progesterone symptoms are wildly annoying b/c we are constantly going "hmmm, pregnant or progesterone?"  DW had sore breasts last night and was rather emotional...but that could have been progesterone...argh.

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Hi everyone and welcome new folks-- 

I have nothing to report, but just wanted to say hi. 

we are trying round #2 of at-home insems tonight and tomorrow. 

(erin, i had a positive opk this morning too-- we really are cycle buddies!)

wishin/lise/sotohana: thinking of you as you finish the brutal TWW... 

Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM

tandy. . good luck with round #2 .. powerful thoughts of egg meets sperm your way

wishin/lise/sotohana.  hoping for a good round of BFPs. . could use some good news to inspire us all and of course for you all yourselves most importantly. . 

erinTN. . sorry about the early O, I guess even at the long side it would def be over before Monday but that's great news about your OB helping you out. . 

invitin. . I don't know if I knew you were shipping fresh. . I know two people who got pregnant, one from another board and one of my friend's friends who got in on the first try. .everyone else is extended to the point of hearsay but I have heard of other folks too. . and re the card from DH.  we really believe in talking to our future kid, I wrote a whole story about getting our first one and how he came to us after we had a long conversation about our strengths and challenges, somehow I really believe that our kids choose us in a way even if this makes no rational sense with a lot of my world view.  So feeling like she/he is not ready to come yet helps me a little, though obviously I still get depressed with BFN's. .I think you are right about faith in whatever form it takes for you carrying us through this. . 

sandiego . . welcome. . welcome. .

pokey.  you are great at bringing folks over to this board, do you troll for them over on the hetero side?  thumb.gif

anyone else I missed, good luck! 

AFM. . going back to my infertility acupuncturist on Wed.  I am so excited.  I swear she is a miracle worker and can't wait to get needles even though they scare me and get her weird concocted herbal "teas".. so gross but so worth it! 

Old 08-31-2012, 12:10 PM

Hey tandy - good luck!  Looks like we'll be in the TWW together again this time around.

Sperm was shipped off this morning, and hopefully it will arrive safe and sound tomorrow by noon.  I'm feeling extra positive, although I know I should be concerned that dw won't ovulate early enough, but if past months are any indication, she'll ovulate Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.  And that should be fine (Tuesday is pushing it, but it's possible).  I'm predicting Monday, and two days ahead with fresh sperm is almost ideal.

I know it's silly, but I like the fact that her cycle is pretty much in tune with the lunar cycle - tonight is a full moon, and the day she should get her period is the new moon.  It's also Rosh Hashana (Jewish new year) on the day we'll find out if she's pregnant, which I'm going to take as a positive sign, since what a great way to start a new year.  The Torah portion we read is the birth of Isaac, the story of Sarah - which just happens to be my wife's name - getting pregnant after she thought she could not.  I don't believe in God or signs or anything, but it's just a positive thought to hold onto for these few weeks.  (We'll ignore the fact that the story is also about casting another mother and child out into the desert.)

Good luck to everyone, and onward to September.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Whoo hoo ! CD1 for me! the break is over! Can i be moved to Waiting to O? 

pokey - did you find a Sept threadkeeper? I hate to think of an orphaned thread, so I can adopt it if no one else is interested... 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 08-31-2012, 07:27 PM

Woohoo! Onward and Upward, MrsandMrs! :)

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM

Btw, I'm kind of wondering if this symptom I'm having is something that any of y'all have experienced. My stomach is feeling really tight. I'm a bit bloated, but more than that it's just this really tight feeling at the top of my stomach. I've also been really hungry and have had to pee a TON. My temp has also been rising consistently since I insemmed last Friday. Okay...that's more than one symptom. Ha ha!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 PM

Come on over to the new September board!

User Tag List