Queer Conceptions - August 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First time went alright, not as awkward as it could have been, though perhaps not as successful.  Still negative OPK this morning, so last night's timing was probably too early. So that's good, because we can give donor two days to recupe and try again on Thursday, and then again on Saturday.  Or something.  We'll see.  Is like a quarter of a teaspoon of sample normal?  I keep reassuring myself it is, but holy crap, that seems like a small amount.  What's the best way to draw up?  I used an 18 g needle into a 3 ml syringe, which is what I use for my testosterone, but that did not work so well, and I don't want to lose too much in the process, since there's so little to start with.  And the syringe was mostly air, which is probably not great.

Good luck to everyone else who is trying, waiting, hoping...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM

easttowest--Yes, probably too early for ovulating BUT the fresh sperm lives quite a while--so I think it is totally fine to have done it that early--especially if you have more opportunities this cycle to insem. I always had a bit more sperm than that (we started loooong ago with a KD before relationships got messy) but it would depend on the time--each "batch" was always different. I always figured, anything is better than nothing!! Sorry, I can't remember the size of the syringe that we used but always made sure to get as much air out of it as possible--but it was always pretty bubbly.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM

easttowest - glad you got the first one over and agree with lisedea that probably too early but since the fresh ones live 3-5 days it's still worth a chance. . re amount. . not sure in tsp what is normal.  With our first donor we got anywhere from 1-3 cc and got knocked up on the first shot so amount doesn't really matter so much, it's more the count and health so I wouldn't worry too much.  We drew up from the "sample cup"  right into a 5 cc glass syringe.  our 2nd KD said he produced a lot more than the average guy and we get about 5cc from him.  He said that was above average, and since he has been with a lot more sis guys than I ever have (which is not hard) I trust him.  And again, that amount does not mean there are more sperm so who knows. . it sounds like your timing for the next two should be perfect. . good spread! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM

jenny--I kept meaning to write in and let you know that I ALWAYS have to pee more for about a week after an IUI. In fact, the past 3 nights I have had to get up in the middle of night (normally I never do that).

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Lisedea: Thanks for that info!  It's unreal how much I have to pee.  I wake up every night.  At least it isn't an infection and in the future, I will know what to expect and not go on antibiotics needlessly.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM

Cordelia- Good luck on your 2ww!! Hope it is easy for you!

Pokey- I actually use digital and cheapies for reference. I have had egg white
CM for several days. My DP told me it was a full moon tonight so maybe that's
a good sign!! Ha! I never had O pain until last cycle and it has not gone away,
which makes me wonder about an ovarian cyst (never had one). I guess all I
can do is wait, right?

Thanks for the advice guys wink1.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 07:14 AM

So I took a test this am (day 14) and got a BFP!

I'm so confused because I have been cramping for 3 days and thought for sure my period would have shown up if it wasn't for the progesterone suppositories. I'm hesitant to get excited at this stage... going to go buy an frer and try again. I thought for sure I was out this cycle and now I'm just scared to get excited. Has anyone heard if period-like cramps are normal at this stage?

UPDATE: So I took a First Response test about 3hrs later and it was positive too. I'm officially excited now :) Trying to get a hold of my Dr. to go in for a blood test.

Hope there are many more BFP's to follow!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Yay Zero!!!!!!!!! Great news!!!! Pass it this way please!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM

joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif

joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif !!!!!way to go zero!!!!!!!!!

joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif

Here's hoping it rubs off on the rest of us!  Sticky vibes to you!!!!!! 

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Congratulatons newzero!  Sounds like you worked everything out perfectly.  I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.  Let me know when you want to be moved to Graduates. I have heard from other people that it is normal to have mild cramping early in a pregnancy.

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifguitar.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM

the new zero. . congrats and yes cramping totally normal!  happy and healthy nine! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 AM

I'm new to bbt charting..I've had a 2 day dip 4 and 5 days past ovulation? I thought the one yesterday way due to not sleeping well but it was still low this am. It's way too early for AF, I thought that your temp always stays up after o so im a little confused with my chart. Googled it and some people talk about an implantation dip. Anyone heard of it before or what else could cause a dip so early?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM

Congrats the new zero!!!!!!!!!!! Two Bfp down many more to come!!!!!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

I took another FRER this morning and it was very slightly darker (had to stare hard at it). I went in yesterday for my blood test, and just got my results. At 14dpo my levels are at 88. My Dr. said that wasn't bad, but not really high either... yikes! I go back in monday for another test, so will just have to wait until then. In the meantime, my dp and I are meeting up with my family to go camping for the weekend and I will try to enjoy myself and be stress free (yea right).

Good luck to everybody still in it!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Monk--Do you have a link so we could see your chart? Does it dip below the coverline? And yes, it could be implantation dip if you end up shifting to a higher temp range than you had after O (into a triphastic). Keep in mind that temps are really only for knowing when you ovulate and where it falls after your lh surge--sometimes they just go up and down (sleeping differently, colder/warmer room temps, sleeping with mouth open, ect...) and you don't necessarily have to read into each individual one. I know how hard that is though...I used to temp religiously and study my chart about 50 times a day...and then compare to other charts that people were pregnant. I was a bit nuts. smile.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Congrats, zero.  Definitely positive things happening on this thread!

Chalk it up to beginners' anxiety, but my wife and I are back to ask your knowledgeable opinions.  She got a positive OPK on the digital test yesterday morning, so we inseminated last night.  She got a negative this morning, but then later on she tested using just the cheap strips, and she got a dark line.  We're figuring that means that her LH levels this morning were not as high as yesterday morning (since ClearBlue calculates a personal peak to give a positive), but that they are still pretty high.  She says she may have ovulated last night or this morning, but it's still possible it might be tomorrow, right? Would you inseminate again tonight if it were you?  Sorry for the frantic newbie questions.  

This is her chart (I don't know how to do the fancy button thing): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e59c0

Old 08-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Congrats to cananny and zero! Awesome!

Mother to one dd .
Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM

2nd beta ... 432.... Looks like this bean is growing smile.gifjoy.gif

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM

jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif

jumpers.gif Whoop!! Whoop!!jumpers.gif

jumpers.gif                                                  jumpers.gif

jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif jumpers.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Cananny - That's wonderful news!bouncy.gif

Jenny - You are so good with those emoticons!  I'm impressed.

easttowest - I usually assume that O is 24-36 hours after first positive OPK.  I have heard that younger women have longer surges, so that may be what you are detecting.  If you wife did ovulate last night or this morning, I don't think there would be much point in doing an insem tonight because the egg is only good for about 12 hours after it is released.  Fresh sperm can live for several days in the body, so it was probably there waiting.  All that being said, since it is free and if your KD is willing, it certainly can't hurt to do another one just in case.  I can't look at her chart right now because it's blocked on my computer so I don't have that info to go by.  I know all of this calculating can be crazy-making, but it sounds like you're doing just fine so far.  Good luck!

Old 08-03-2012, 04:09 PM

easttowest--Her temp hasn't risen yet so I would definitely insem again tonight. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 PM

Cananny partytime.gif  great beta!!!  

AFM, we are still waiting for AF for our next cycle (fingers tapping...)  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 AM

LOL, pokey.

Loving these BFP's!!

AFM:  I'm starting to lose hope.  Today is CD23 10dpIUI (11dpT) and aside from the frequent urination I have absolutely no other symptoms.  Yesterday, I thought I had some cramping and was hopeful for implantation cramping, but then this morning was BFN. I'm feeling less bloated.  What's weird is normally I would expect to have sore breasts and a zit or two showing AF was on the way, but it's almost like I never ovulated or something. Is it possible not to ovulate even with good E3 levels and a trigger? headscratch.gif

Old 08-04-2012, 07:12 AM

I use an app on my phone to chart so I don't think there's a way to post it. My temp came back up this morning to its highest temp of the month and I'm 7 days away from expected AF. Hoping for good news on the 11th!!! My wife and I are trying not to get too excited because we got so sad last month when I didn't conceive. It's so hard not to think about it...just 1 week left.

Hoping to see a lot of BFPs on here soon!!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 AM

Fingers crossed for you Monk!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Ok I've seen this question on here before but when is the earliest you could have a dip
in temp below cover line for implanting? I am only 4 or 5 DPO and my temp was 97.3.
Does this mean I'm out?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

erin - I don't know about implantation dip timing, but I don't think this means you are out.  If it were AF coming, your temp should dip much later.  Mine usually does the day before I start AF.  It will probably go back up tomorrow.

Monk - I'm glad your temp went back up.  That is very good news!

Jenny - It's still early.  Give it a couple more days and test again.  I think you ovulated, but if you want to have more info you could ask for a progesterone test about 7 days after O.

Good luck everyone!  Hang in there! 

Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Hey all--I need to stress again that you really cannot rely on individual temperatures. Temps fluctuate all of the time with temp of room, sleeping with mouth open, illness, or not sleeping well. Sometimes implantation dips occur and end up forming a triphasic looking chart. Check out this link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Triphasic-Pattern-and-Pregnancy.html

And Erin, you are definitely not out with a temp drop right now! Just keep tracking and look at the temperatures as a whole when the cycle is completed. Try not to over analyze and just relax (ha, huh?? WAAYYY easier said than done! wink1.gif)

Jenny--Way too early to know! Also, I don't think it is possible to take a trigger and not ovulate (unless you don't have any eggs--but if your estrogen level was up high enough, you certainly had some).

Monk--Glad your temp went up!

AFM...8dpo. Totally moody and my boobs are sore and much bigger than normal (progesterone supplements!!). I think I am going to hold out for AF and not test. My beta will be scheduled for Friday the 10th if it hasn't shown by then.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Ok, my chart that I wanted to post doesn't work. Sorry--it just kept showing my one from this cycle...and it is blank!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Hi all!  We've been absent for a bit but I wanted to pop in today and check on everyone's progress and ask to be moved to WAITING TO KNOW!

Here's a fun little story I'd like to share:  Last night we went to PF Changs for a nice dinner before doing our insemination.  Turned out, one of my clients was the manager of the restaurant and he comped our meal which was such a nice surprise!  Our server didn't bring us any fortune cookies which I didn't notice until I came back from the restroom and saw a fortune strip stuck to the bottom of the foot of MY chair.  I don't know why I picked it up-it's not like me to pick up things off of a dirty restaurant floor, LOL...but I picked it up and read it:  "A small gift can bring joy to the whole family"  We totally took that as a sign, went home and did the insemination!  I hope it was a sign and we'll have good news to report in a couple of weeks!

Good luck to everyone waiting...we're all waiting for something, aren't we?!?!

Heather (40) heartbeat.gif Kim (46):  Co-parenting Cole (7) and TTC #2

User Tag List