Queer Conceptions - August 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all--thanks for the responses. I am on progesterone and definitely ovulated when I think I did (between u/s and cramps I can pretty much pinpoint to a 3 hour timespan). I figured my LP wouldn't change since I have researched that it shouldn't ever, but it has been just so weird. Who knows...I have had definite pregnancy symptoms but have just chalked it up to the extra hormones I have been consuming. I am not going to test for fear of the stark white spot...I will get my blood drawn on Friday (unless AF shows!) but probaby won't get my results until Monday because of this damn island...everything takes longer because it all needs to be sent to the mainland to be tested. Sometimes the NP on call is really nice and will call me on their days off...but I can't count on it.

Krista--When is your surgery scheduled for?

mrs--You will barely FEEL those tiny needles! I was super nervous as well but they are so, so tiny that you really can't feel them...I promise!

outdoorsy--Welcome back! Hope you had a nice vacation!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#122 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 03:54 PM

I use TSBC also. Their family limit and non-profit status were big factors. They are also priced right in the middle it seems... not too expensive. My Dr. was super impressed by my last sample too. I like that they tell you the counts when you purchase a vial. As for customer service, they have never been too friendly, but polite. The staff was friendlier in person when I picked up though.

Jenny - Good luck with your beta tomorrow!

Tandy - Welcome and I wish you good luck in your tww!

Pokey - I really hope this is your month! Crazy follie count! I had 3 ready to go on cd12 but a few more that were too small.

AFM - I had my second beta today, but won't get results until tomorrow. I am very nervous since my first number was apparently on the low end. Wish me luck!

#123 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

thenewzero - Good luck on your next beta!  I think your first number was great.  There is quite a range, and it's the doubling that counts.  The counts at TSBC are very good.  We have had ranges from about 34 million to 70 million, I believe.  Are you in the Bay Area?  I don't think I realized that before.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#124 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Pokey - No, I'm about an hour and a half away in Northern/Central CA. I did pick up the first try, but the drive there, then to my Dr. (40min away from home), and back home was a bit too much. But I saved $100! Next time I just paid for the shipment, though :)

#125 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Today we had 12 eggs removed and will find out tomorrow how many fertilize. We had wanted to do superovulation but it turned into IVF when the doctor saw too many follicles.  Our pregnancy test will be in two weeks today.

I am still in a lot of pain, which surprised me because it wasn't so painful for my partner when she had an egg retrieval. I know everyone is different but wow did it hurt. 

Tara 

#126 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 PM

We also use tsbc ... And love them.... I have had a few grouchy people answering phones but in person are super nice !!! Our donor had great counts 60/80 million) and we are pregnant smile.gif

Pokey we should get pedicures together this weekend:)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#127 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 PM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif cananny joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#128 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Ok. So it's been a while since I've been on here about 2 years at which point I was Doing medicated iui cycles with my now ex. She and unfortunately found that we no longer wanted the same things in life Manley I was not willing to give up my hopes of having a child. Anyway here I am a year after my breakup and after 5 kds backing out for various reasons last month while at Wal mart of all places I had a friend introduce me to my new kd. It didn't take long for he and I to know that we both had the same expectations ff contract signed today and while I was not really planing any type of Insem this cycle he offered and since I was supposed to o today we did a grins and giggles wtf insem thus putting me into the tww.

Question for those who are using kd's what if any compensation are you providing??

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#129 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Ok random question that has been asked many times..any symptoms around
day 6-7 I should or should not be having? I definitely do not feel pregnant but
that seems to mean nothing round these here parts.

Monk- Any symptoms on your end??? I think we are pretty close, maybe a few days apart.
#130 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 PM

erin--Have you ever checked out twoweekwait.com?

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#131 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM

Yes lisadea and it is very nerve racking lol but it is helpful.
I was just curious if anyone else here had random input.
It is definitely the last week I have trouble with!
#132 of 356 Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Ha, I totally know what you mean. Actually, every time I have symptoms, I totally ignore them because it seems that every time I just *know* I am pregnant, I never am. It is the times that I have very little symptoms that I am. I am sure it is different each time. Sorry I am not much help! Hang in there, girl!

#133 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 07:43 AM

Erin. I think I am on same schedule as you too and also don't feel preggo bit who knows. With my DS I felt stuff around now for sure but I know every pregnancy is different.

Hoping congrats on your new KD and insem and good luck. I used KD but they are friends and will have a relationship with our kid/kids so aside from paying expenses for things we did not do compensation. I think I overpaid for an airplane ticket and shipping but in a token way. We take them out for a meal every now and then but that's all but seems like your situation might be different idk

Lisa of course now I am going right over to two week wait!

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#134 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Erin and Cordelia: I am going to head over to the "two week wait" site too. Might as well accept the fact that I won't be able to do anything productive today. I'm only 3DPO after our first insems and can't stop obsessing. Does it get easier???? 

#135 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM

tandy: I'm on my first ever tww and tomorrow is my beta day. If I can give you one piece of advice: DON'T PEE ON STICKS.  I have absolutely driven myself INSANE.   I am the only person that I know that has gotten positive results (after testing the trigger shot out of my system) followed by negative result, followed by positive result, followed by negative results, using all of the same brand.  Just wait for the beta!  :-)  I should post the photos... not evap lines.  For me, I am completely out of control and insane with waiting. I'm not a patient person about anything, so this is torture.  I should have just peed directly on a $100.00 bill, I'd have the same information that I have now, but at least I'd have been able to spend the money when I was done...

easttowest:  somehow I missed you started your tww!  Congrats and fingers crossed for you!

lovestreet13 likes this.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#136 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM

I had my 3rd beta its 2217 smile.gif I think we can say beans growing smile.gif

Pokey can you move me to graduates smile.gif I'm going to cautiously graduate

Lise when do you test?
Jenny how are u feeling?
Hope2be... Welcome back and good luck with your KD smile.gif

Hi everyone else

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#137 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 AM

JustAnotherJenny: I totally hear you and will heed your advice about not peeing on sticks. I will limit myself to analyzing whether I am peeing more than usual instead smile.gif

Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow!!!!!

#138 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM

CANANNY!!!! WOOOT!!!!!!!!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#139 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 AM

CONGRATS CANANNY!!!!! joy.gif

#140 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 AM

CANanny: These meds are doing a number on me -- I am nauseous. I am crazy! But very excited for tomorrow, not only can I finally get the beta to figure out what happens next, but I also have a job interview for a very cool job that dove tails nicely with my doula work.  It's only a part time, per diem, gig, but it's for a very big study.  If I get the job, it will add a whole new layer to my resume so that I may move out of my current field and into something that I love.  The best part is that I can still keep my full time job AND still doula.  If they get additional funding from the NIH, then I will like get a full time position with them.  

Lise:  Your test day is Friday, right!?!?

#141 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Cananny - Awesome beta numbers!  So excited for you to graduate.  Keep growing little bean.  That's an order.jumpers.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

Jenny - Good luck with the job!  That sounds awesome.  I am working on my doula certification, and I have done 2 volunteer births.  Doula work does not dovetail nicely with my job.  I would love to move more toward birth work full-time, but I'm not sure how to do that just yet.

I like what you said about peeing on a $100 bill.ROTFLMAO.gif  It probably would be more effective.

Lots of potty talk on here lately. blahblah.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#142 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 11:27 AM

Yay Cananny!!!

stork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gif

stork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#143 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM

YAY Cananny!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gifjumpers.gif

Thanks cordelia!!

Question: Ok so now it is soon to be my DP turn to inseminate using frozen donor sperm IUI. She had a positive OPK

this morning, but I have to work tomorrow until 7:30pm, so that would put us at around 36 hours. Is that pushing it or do you

think we will fly? I don't know how to get around work, and I took off specifically Monday and Tuesday, but she did not ovulate

when I needed her too!! LOL yeah right!

Anyway just thoughts on you guys end please...

Good luck all you ladies!!!

#144 of 356 Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM

Erin - Most people insem 24-36 hours after opk. 36 should be fine unless you have reason to believe DP has a short time between surge and O. Tracking other signs, like CM, cervical openness and position, could be helpful for future if you're not already doing that. Personally, I didn't want to deal with that stuff the first few tries, but eventually I had to.

I checked out twoweekwait.com - had never seen it before -- and my favorite page was this http://www.twoweekwait.com/what-no-one-told-you with all the sad and funny "what no one told you about ttc" lines.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for something !!! (O for me -- I think I need to buy real estate in the "waiting to O" section, I've been there so long!)

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#145 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM

Well, I am leaving for a conference and needed to know whether or not to pack tampons. I figured I was 12dpo so it was safe to test now...negative...booo! gloomy.gif

#146 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 AM

Lise I got my bfn at 12dpo and got Bfp on 14 dpo so don't give up yet!

#147 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 AM

Hi everyone! I have been checked out for awhile (taking a break, on vacation, etc.), but am back in the game.

First of all, huge congratulations to Cananny!!! It is so exciting and gratifying to see those of us who have been trying for awhile get our BFPs. I am so thrilled for you and your DP, and excited about the good beta news.

I am a bit behind on reading this thread and keeping track of things, so I won't try to do other personals, but I am thinking of you all, and hoping for more BFPs soon.

AFM, we've had a lovely two months off the ttc train, and are now back on. We just came back from two weeks of glorious New England vacation (Providence! Provincetown! The ocean! The gays!), during which I started taking Femera for the first time. I had my cd10 ultrasound the other day, and there are two big follicles ready to go. I triggered last night, and will go in for my IUI tomorrow morning. I am a little disappointed that there aren't more follicles- I was making more on clomid. However, unlike my clomid cycles, my lining looks great, and I haven't had any of the horrible emotional side effects. This will be our fourth cycle overall, and our third one with drugs. If we don't get a BFP this time, our RE wants to move on to injectables or straight to IVF. Seems a little early for all that to me, so I'm not sure what we'll do. On the other hand, we have a cap on what our insurance will pay ($10,000 lifetime total for infertility), so I don't want to keep eating that up with failed IUI cycles, and then have less left for IVF if we end up there. Meh. I hate that insurance coverage governs the decisions we make about how to make our families.:/

But for now I will stay positive, and hope that this is our last cycle of trying! To that end, could I please be moved to waiting to know? (Technically I'm still waiting to O, but by the time I get back on here tomorrow we'll have inseminated, so let's keep it simple...)

Sending hugs and baby dust to everyone.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#148 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Angela: Nice to have you back!  Good luck tomorrow with your IUI, here's hoping this is the one!

#149 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 11:47 AM

BFN. :(

Onward to the next cycle!

Pokey:  Can you please move me to Waiting to O?

I hope I don't break the chain of the BFP's coming in!!

#150 of 356 Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM

treehugger.gif Jenny treehugger.gif I'm sorry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page